Reviews of Hotel Amber 3 stars

Garbarska 10, Old Town, 31-131 Kraków, Poland

#36 of 269 hotels in Kraków

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast is really disappointing and does not look like the picture on the hotel website. The coffee machine makes average coffee and chocolate and we had to take our coffee outside . However for pour last day they prepared us a “breakfast bag “ really pleasant and welcome

The room and equipment is beautiful clean and comfortable

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

2 single duvet covers on a double bed were awkward. Hair dryer in the bathroom became very hot.

Reception, breakfast and cleaning staff were lovely and friendly. Good location: pleasant walk from the train station; not too close to the centre, so nice and quiet. You were made to feel very welcome, especially with the surprise drink waiting for us in our room :-) Thank you Hotel Amber :-)

Would have enjoyed more tea bags and coffee packets and Kleenex in room.

Wonderful friendly staff. Helped me get a takeaway lunch for my day trip to Auschwitz. When I cut my hand, they gave me cute dinosaur bandaids. I had a special laundry request and my clothes were handled well.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was relatively small, TV have only polish and some german channels, hotel does not have own parking.

Except for some exceptions we were satisfied with everything

the location was great just around the corner from the centre of the city, it was very quite and the staff very friendly. the breakfast was ample with great choice

bathing products could have been of better quality for a 4-star hotel

- great room, spacious, with a small balcony. - very friendly staff - complementary water with the room, and a boiler which was good for us since we always appreciate a night cap :) - great breakfast buffet, with diverse choices !

• Double or Twin Room

Stayed here for a week. Excellent services across the board. The receptionists were very helpful and speak good English, The breakfast buffet was a bit small but everything was fresh and delicious. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Rooms were spotless and cleanliness is top notch in this hotel. Location is literally 5 minutes away from main square of Krakow which is great if you want to avoid the ruckus of other tourist and locals while still be literally minutes away. Me and my partner were going on a day tour and they even provided us with a packed lunch to take out with us. Definitely will book again if planning my visit in Krakow. Recommended.

• Double or Twin Room

The bar was a bit of a let down

The staff were great and very friendly. The girls in reception were particularly good. They couldn’t do enough for us. Will def return here.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were amazing even when we had some hiccups they were more than helpful in solving any problems. We didn’t have to worry about booking any trips because they booked our trips for us and taxis to and from the hotel. Hotel is a 10 minute walk from the town square. Beds are so comfortable and I also liked how they were environmental friendly. Also it was hard to leave the hotel as it’s so warm inside and comfortable because we went to krakow in the cold winter period. Definitely will book this hotel again next time I’m in krakow!

• Double or Twin Room

Having to check-out at end of our break as would have liked to have stayed longer

Excellent location on quiet street close to town centre. Warm & friendly welcome making us feel at home from the start of our break.

There are carpets in the rooms, corridors and I personally do not like carpets. Difficult to keep clean and even is room is clean any stains that remain give bad impression of dirty interior.

Great breakfast, working area, kids corner.

• Double or Twin Room

Room was small and dark. Pillows were very uncomfortable (one extra large and one small). There was a strong smell of cleaning products in the room.

Perfect location, close to the Market Square. Good breakfast.

No complaints

Fab croissants actually! great friendly helpful staff 1 and all, clean ,cozy, central .good breakfast choice, surprise xmas chocolates,TY! And bottles of water much appreciated.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Only one toaster at breakfast. It didn't work properly and could only toast 2 pieces of bread at any one time instead of the 4 it promised

The location was fabulous. A really easy walk into the Old Town and walkable to The Jewish Quarter and Wawell Castle The welcome carafe of Wisnoewka was a nice touch in the room which was really clean and roomy

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel staff was extremely helpful and friendly from the moment on we entered the hotel. Our room was clean and comfortable, met every expectation we had. The bathroom was enormous, a bit maybe much bigger compared to the size of the room. The bar of the hotel was also excellent, they served us a drink even when they were almost closing. The breakfast was delicious and various. The location is also a bonus, very close to the main sights, though in a peaceful area.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Nothing - You can't improve on perfection!

You know as soon as you walk through the door that the hotel is a good quality, clean one. Warm welcoming reception staff who are very helpful. The room was spacious and very clean. The breakfast was brilliant too - vast selection to choose from.

• Double or Twin Room

We had the twin room. The beds were rather small and too close to each other (just standard double bed with two of its parts moved apart ~50cm). It's still a great and comfortable room, but we just expected more "luxury" for the price.

Great location, just 5 min walk from the city center. As two women traveling, we felt very safe returning late to the hotel at night. The hotel is very clean and tastefully designed. Good breakfast.

There was nothing I did not like. Would stay again.

Very nice boutique hotel with all details that I like. Good breakfast choices. Excellent and attentive staff at front desk. Liked the room very much with a safe and fridge. Large bathroom.

• Double or Twin Room

It would be nice to have some hair conditioner (although this has been a rare find in most of our European stays).

The staff were completely accommodating, helped us with sight seeing, meal reservations, and packed us a lunch bag for our trip. They even arranged for on-site massages through a vendor and welcomes us for our anniversary with a special letter and polish vodka!

• Family Room

There was nothing I did not like.

The staff were AMAZING. Especially Marta who went above and beyond to help us after we had complications with our Ryanair flight home. The cleanliness of the hotel was impeccable as was the food. Organisation of excursions was conducted by the staff at our request and was faultless. I will definitely return to this hotel secure in the knowledge that I will enjoy every aspect of my stay there. Absolutely ideal for a break with friends / family or as a romantic break away. It was quiet too, so getting a good nights sleep was not an issue and the walk to the square for restaurants and the nightlife was very straight forward.

• Family Room

Breakfast could have been more adventurous. Selection limited. Saw 4* at his tel but this is s a v good 3 star hotel imco.

Lovely staff, comfortable bed, cleanliness, quiet & v near to city centre. Excellent value for money apart from breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

Little Dingy loking on first appearence & no comfortable area for lounging. you either went to your room or went out. Although it had a suna there was No jacuzzi.. which was very disappointing.. The gym room was very tiny. The Bar was only open in evening and not very inviting to look at. Outside area looked like an old back yard and not very exciting ( I do feel that the pictures of hotel looked so much nicer on line, than it actually was)

Hotel was close to Old town & Square, 5mins walking, The beds were comfy, Breakfast was nice. Reception staff were very helpful. taxi service was available to airport with a set cost.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

The breakfast's variety was good but some of the quality was lower than what we experienced in other hotels in the region.

Staff was superb, from housekeeping to front desk. You couldn't ask the front desk staff for anything they were unwilling to do, from helping with train reservations to locating a electric adaptor for a medical devise.

• Family Room

Breakfast was fine, but it was the same everyday.

Outstanding location (max. 5 minutes from the old town by feet), well-equipped and comfortable room and nice personel. We will choose this place again if we return to Cracow.

The computer in the lobby, which is for guests to use, requires you to put in money like a slot machine. It also has problems translating into English. The rooms were a little small, but nicely appointed and immaculate. But really, those were the only flies in the ointment during my stay, and they were minor.

The staff was tremendously accommodating and friendly, and were more than happy to make reservations, suggesting restaurants, tours, etc., and answering any questions we had since we'd never been to Poland before. I liked that there was a safe and small fridge in the rooms. The beds were extremely comfortable, and because the hotel is down a side street, it was quiet. The free buffet breakfast was more than I expected (certainly more than a typical free hotel breakfast in the U.S.) -- there were eggs cooked different ways, breakfast meats, different types of pastries, cereals, fresh fruit & vegetables, cheeses, juices and of course coffee and tea. The hotel is easy walking distance to the town square, which is a delight. I'd stay there again in a heart beat.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have been better. Servers appeared to be more interested in chatting with one another rather than minding the buffet table. Fruit was mushy, many of the hot dishes (eggs, sausage ) were cold.

The staff was very friendly and would give extra energy to accommodating our every need. I had my wallet stolen , but did not know if I simply left it at the hotel. I was already at the airport. The young lady made certain that she contacted the dining room and housekeeping to make certain it was not there. She then made a phone call to me when I arrived in Zappone at the hotel. I was very appreciative! The location is perfect. It is only a couple blocks to the center of old town.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The warm milk and juice!

From the moment we walked in to the moment we left, my husband and I found we had nothing but excellence. The staff were so helpful, polite and pleasant, very friendly. We had no barrier for language, we don't speak Polish but they all spoke good English. Our room was huge and spotlessly clean with a lovely bathroom and plenty of toiletries including a toothbrush and toothpaste. The beds were very very comfortable. The cherry vodka was a very nice welcoming touch and tasted delicious! Breakfast was really nice and plentiful. The only thing that we weren't keen on was that the juice and milk was warm and the milk was sterilised, that's just our taste, if the jugs were put on ice this would be better, again, just our preference.. everything else was really nice. We didn't have any of the cooked breakfast but found plenty of everything else to eat. Also the time slot for breakfast was very long which was really nice if wanting a bit of a lie in. The cookie jar in the sitting area at the side of the dining room was a lovely touch. The garden area was very nice and very pretty with beautiful flowers and plenty of seats. The wifi in the hotel was exceptional and the air con in our room was very welcome especially with the weather being so hot. We needed to print boarding passes for our flight and the staff had no hesitation in doing this for us. The hotel staff were very good in booking 2 trips for us. The trips were well organized and the drivers were very punctual. The photo frame, hats and flags etc in the foyer were a quirky novelty! Like we said earlier, all of the staff could not do enough to help. You're a credit to Hotel Amber!

• Family Room

The only thing i was slightly disappointed in was we booked a family room which we shared with our 18 and 15 year old , we had two single beds and two fold up beds, but they were surprisingly comfortable, and did not dampen our stay in the slightest

The people on reception were very nice, friendly and welcoming and helpful , room clean, shower great, quiet, fantastic position for the square, food great, could not really fault it, and would 100% recommend it

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The location, together with genuine friendly and helpful reception desk staff. On the morning of departure housekeeping left a pack of the fudge chocolates at Reception desk as they had heard that my 16 year old daughter liked them.

• Double or Twin Room

I can honestly say there wasn´t anything we didn't like during our stay at the Amber hotel,

Everything with the hotel and location suited our needs for our short stay in Karkow excellent staff on the front desk, meals very good and plenty of choice at the breakfast buffet, hotel is situatated within 10 min walk from the main square of the old town, plenty of transport links and bars, shops, restaurants

Shower very weak could do with more power,bar not open till evening,breakfast very poor not much choice,no mini bar in room

Staff very friendly and welcoming,clean room every day.

• Double or Twin Room

This is my second time to stay here and I hope to return! The staff was fantastic! I stayed the night of June 16. When I told them the night before at 11PM that I needed to check out and have a cab at 5:45 AM, the woman working the front desk noticed I would not get breakfast, which I already knew and expected. She apologized it was too late at night to notify the people who prepared breakfast. When I came down the next morning at 5:45 she had some yogurt, apple, chocolate wafers and a bottle of water in a bag ready for me. This was so thoughtful of her because I know there wasn't a lot of food stored on site that late. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

I like the location and friendly staff, a joy to come back to the hotel after a day off looking around the old town of Krakow, would 100% stay here again.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

The first room we were offered had a smell and was small, the Manager changed the room immediately with an upgrade at a small cost.

The staff really looked after us well. Very nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Family Room

Maybe a wider variety at breakfast? Although everything that was there was delicious.

Taxi, organised by the hotel, waiting for us at the airport to bring us to the hotel on arrival. Trips organised for us through the hotel to Auschwitz-Birkenau and The Salt Mines. Receptionists all lovely and friendly and able to answer any questions we have and direct us to certain things we wanted to see.

• Double or Twin Room

could have had more hot options at breakfast,more tea/coffee in room

the helpfullness, friendliness of the receptionists was excellent,location very good, rooms very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

When we booked the hotel, we didn't understand that there are two hotels in the same address (hotel Amber and Amber Design). Our room was at hotel Amber and we were disappointed how our room 206 looked like. The carpet was dirty with stains. It was disgusting. Breakfast was mediocre.

The location was great: Walking distance from railway station and near old town. Bed and pillows were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Road works outside window but finished the day we were leaving.

Beds very comfy food lovely .staff excellent. Very clean. Just the right distance from the square. Welcome cherry vodka a lovely touch and booking of trips seamless, picked up and left back to Hotel and picnic lunches beautifully prepared.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

No complaints at all.

The hotel was excellent, staff couldn't be nicer, so helpful ad friendly. Breakfast was delicious with a fantastic variety. I've already recommended it o 2 friends who have booked. FAB!

• Double or Twin Room

Very helpful, friendly staff who went the extra mile, especially Ella at reception. Excellent value for money and only a few minutes walk from the main Market Square. The hotel is in a lovely building and is nicely decorated. Nice breakfast with great coffee and selection. Would definitely stay here again if in Krakow again!!

• Double or Twin Room

price is higher, but it correlates with place and services.

very good and rich breakfast. Close to the city center. Parking possible in the parking place nearby. clean and well equipped room.

• Double or Twin Room

The only thing was that drinks from coffee machine were never hot enough for me.

Hotel was quiet and civilised.The beds were comfortable and we slept well.The shower was roomy and worked perfectly.The receptionist Ela was calm and professional and spoke excellent English.She was happy to answer any of our queries. Location suited us very well as it was near the main square but out of the busier areas. We used the sauna which was also very clean and towels and slippers were provided. We enjoyed the breakfast especially the apple cake!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Breakfast was the only thing that could have been better, but was free and included.

Room was fantastic, exceptionally clean, and the sauna facility was amazing. Staff extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

N/a

The hotel was immaculate! The breakfast was brill, the staff could not do enough for us and our room was great! It really was one of the best city break Hotel I have stayed in!

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

So disappointed in the bar end. But sure we made the most of it xx

Breakfast was excellent so much to choose frm and loved the latte machine wod go and stay der again thank u Sabina ur where a great help

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

We had everything we need

Really close to the City Centrum Walking distance to Main square, Wawel, National museum and Jewis part as well. Nice and helpful personal

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Cant fault anything..everything was perfect for what i wanted

Bed was very comfortable..sabina lovely and friendly on the desk.breakfast more than suffuicent hotel very clean and location was brilliant...sorted my taxi and trips out with no problems at all

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Lighting in room very dim particularly for applying make up

Bed very comfy and room facilities good. Location excellent. Staff brilliant! Good, hearty breakfast.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

maybe open the bar/breakfast area during the day, so we can relax there.

Helpful polite and friendly staff. Really were kind and helpful as we were travelling with our 18mth old. We checked out early for a late flight and the staff were so kind to let us use a meeting room where we could let our boy run free. Breakfast was superb, plenty to choose from. All trips arranged perfectly. My family loved it and we will be back. Thanks Hotel Amber - great stay!

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Breakfast could have had a more British choice of hot food options.

Well kept small quiet character hotel. Good size room with with great bed. Very good helpfull English speaking staff. Located 3 minutes walk from top of old town, 10 minutes from Market quare, 20 minutes from Wawel Castle.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

We liked it all. Price of goods and restaurants were higher than we had anticipated, but as tourists should we expect anything different?

Room was roomy; front desk staff were super friendly and helpful with directions, restaurant recommendations and bookings; location was perfect and breakfast was good and plentiful. What more could you ask for? OK, the Old City is fascinating, safe and welcoming, transport links very good and easy to use, and people are friendly and helpful. Add on tour of Auschwitz was sobering to say the least, but the guides were excellent and I am pleased I decided to go and see it for myself.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Although the bed was quite comfy, the pillows could have been better. Other than that, I have no complaints

The hotel is located a short walking distance from the Main Market Square but in a quiet area. In addition there were many restaurants and coffee shops very close by as well as public transportation options. A delicious breakfast was included in the price. Entire staff,all of whom spoke English well, were courteous and very helpful with everything connected to my stay there. If I ever return to Krakow, I will certainly stay at the Amber hotel again.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

• Family Room

The hotel was very accommodating to my family (including 2 young children). The room was large and clean. Breakfast was great with many choices. Location was also great -- just a few minutes walk from the city center.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Perfect hotel,perfect location, quiet side street, very close to main Square. Staff very friendly and hotel very clean. Would definitely recommend and if we're ever lucky enough to return to Krakow we would stay again.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Please please change those awful carpets. It really ruins the look of an otherwise upscale hotel

Marta and Kamil...at reception so helpful. The apple smoothies for breakfast were so good. The shower before my train ride just hit the spot

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Bar did not have a great selection of drinks. No draft beer. Pillows were a little uncomfortable.

The bed was comfy. Cherry vodka was a nice touch. Breakfast was kept stocked. Staff very approachable.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Towels a bit tired and hard but very clean. Slightly overpriced but had booked early with option to cancel as rest of group took their time confirming details. My own fault for not taking better deal.

Cleanliness and quiet ensured 4 great sleeps

• Double or Twin Room

Room, bed and bathroom were quiet and comfortable. The welcome gift was a nice touch. We really liked the included breakfast- great variety! Staff was most helpful and friendly. The hotel was a nice place to come "home" to after a busy day of sightseeing. It was a very short walk to the Planty and Old Town Krakow.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The Amber standard rooms. Room smelt musty. Carpet soiled and stained. Cleaning could be improved - glasses not cleaned, doona left lying on floor. Cramped with insufficient space to put two bags on the floor. Go for the Design Hotel rooms!

The Amber Design Hotel rooms. Great value for money. We wanted to extend our stay and they upgraded us from standard room at no extra cost. Staff were excellent, knowledgeable and helpful. Room was well equiped and clean.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Almost everything was perfect. Breakfast can be improved to match with all the other excellent services. More fresh fruits and juice can be added. It is good, but not excellent compared to my previous experience.

Extremely helpful and friendly staff and excellent service. Large room with very good facilities in the deluxe double section. Very clean and neat daily service. Staffs take care most of the things for you even before requesting for them. Good location, 5 min walk to old square

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Young woman on reception was pretty rude and inflexible. Breakfast starts at 07:00 - so as a business person this isn't great if you have early meetings - the traffic in Krakow is a nightmare so early starts are necessary The menu in the evening is ridiculous - basically "whatever we had around" was on the menu!

Joanna in the bar was amazing - so helpful and friendly - even brought a coffee to my room because the machine was broken. A lot of choice at breakfast - which was good Room was OK Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Superior Double/Twin Room

We could only have the room till 12.30 we were told they needed our room. Our flight was a ten o'clock at night. A long day would have paid extra money for longer in my room.

The bedroom was very clean and the beds comfy. Staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was not cleaned properly every day and room not dusted.

Lovely big room but no mirror good for putting make up on. It was a bit dark however beds very comfortable. Breakfast great best scrambled egg in a hotel!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Excellent location, clean rooms great gym and facilities . Booked all our tours for us (saltmines etc) picked up at the hotel for our torus , collected at the airport by request (small fee) if I was returning to Kraków I will stay at this hotel again

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Location was a reasonable distance but the sidewalks on the street of the Hotel Amber were uneven and badly lit for getting back in the dark. No vending machines or ice. It would have been great to have a beer in the back garden.

Breakfast was good,room was clean and comfortable, staff was excellent,well-informed and very helpful

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Perhaps some additional fruit in the selection at breakfast would have been nice.

Staff were friendly, and room was clean and spacious. Location is great, just outside of main city walls. I would recommend this hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Only complain was my room was supposed to be a double bed and we had two beds pushed together. Also the bottled water was free but tasted foul. The cooked breakfast didn't look very appetising however I never tried it.

The location of the hotel is perfect, very close to the center of Krakow. Hotel was clean and was good for a city break. Basic bathroom and facilities but nothing special, but for city break it's a good price. Breakfast was also good, nothing special but good value.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Water cooler or ice machine would have been nice - it was very hot when we were there.

Large air conditioned room. Appreciated the fridge. Good position for walking to the centre or taking a tram south of the river. Selection of restaurants bars and cafes within easy walking distance. Very helpful staff.

The room was dark and dingy. Carpet wasn't that new and potentially stained. One english TV channel. Loud noise early in the morning emptying bottles into bins right under my window

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

The Breakfast was great, bed was comfy, great design. Clean and Quiet. Nice helpful staff. Close to the centre. Lift to all floors. I'd return again to this hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Curtains don't black out the room, so you wake up very early. Toilet flush wets the seat every time.

Very close to main square, quiet location. Comfy bed. Aircon. Parking close by. Friendly and helpful receptionists.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Family Room

Hotel Amber's location is wonderful, the rooms are comfortable and clean, the breakfast satisfying, and throughout the hotel there are little details and touches that tell you these people care about what they are doing and care about you as a guest. What really elevates this hotel so far above most others is simply the top to bottom excellence of their staff. They were helpful at every single turn. They will arrange for you to be picked up at the airport, they will book tours for you and they will pack a lunch for you on those tours if you’d like one. We stayed with them twice on our trip, flying in and out of Krakow. When we returned to Krakow with a rental car that needed to be returned the next day, they offered to call Avis for us and have them pick the car up at the hotel for us rather than us driving to Avis. Then they offered; if we wished, to take the paperwork and handle the pickup for us so we wouldn’t have to spend any time waiting. We needed to change our travel plans and reservations a couple times before we made the trip. We emailed them several times; probably to the point of being a little annoying, but each and every time they replied promptly, courteously and were accommodating and responsive in every way possible. At our request Hotel Amber had scheduled our tour of Auschwitz for us; and due to scheduling difficulties (the Pope had just been in town) the only time available was the afternoon of our last day of the trip. Since we were staying at an airport hotel the final night our plan was to check out in the morning, Hotel Amber would store our bags while we went on the tour, come back to the hotel in the evening, pick up our luggage and go to the airport hotel.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Cooked aspect of breakfast was a bit lacking, just scrambled eggs and hotdogs. This is a very minor complaint though.

Great bed, cool and stylish inside and out, great service. Quiet location, not in the centre of things, but close enough for it not to matter.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Family Room

Nothing negative to say. Very clean, friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast, excellent location, comfortable rooms, quiet, great for families!! Thanks!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

I liked everything, don't have any complaints.

Great staff, super friendly and helpful. Excellent location for access to Old Town, easy walking. Room very clean and comfortable. Highly recommend this hotel.

Browse Hotel Amber traveller photo gallery