Reviews of Hotel Floryan Old Town 3 stars

ul. Floriańska 38, Old Town, 31-021 Kraków, Poland

#83 of 269 hotels in Kraków

9.7

Fantastic value for money !
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

I cant complain about anything

The location was great ! The staff were really friendly , the room was simple but very clean and comfy highly recommend for a couple

Home away from home
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

We loved our stay here for so many reasons!! Friendly, helpful staff; delightful breakfast and very clean. The location was perfect for sites and transport. We would stay again and highly recommend.

A nice place to stay

The hotel isn’t a star one, but that’s what you clearly understand from the price and photos. To us it was perfect value for money with a great location.

The location is very central, just what we were looking for, in the middle of old town. The building is of 16th century, this is why the noise between the walls is maybe somewhat extra, but hey that’s what you expect when you’re staying in an ancient building - it’s history in the air 😉

It was a very good experience, as usual. We would not revisit if we did not like it,
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The bathroom vas not optimal: no space for shaving utensils, toothbrush, etc. No elevator. Not enough power outlets (for loading computes, iphones, etc)

Very friendly personnel. Good food. Excellent location.

Central and convenient

They are hoping to have a lift installed. I use crutches. I managed but a lift would have been great.

We had a room on the first floor with a lovely view. The beds were extremely comfortable and the air conditioning worked well. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice.

No blinds at the skylight - was woken up at daybreak, very...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

No blinds at the skylight - was woken up at daybreak, very unpleasant and uncomfortable. Noisy room facing the street. Requested to be moved which we did to a quieter room where there was a blind but didn’t pull down fully. Bedside lights were not working. No lift and our room was third floor. Was told that our rate meant we could only have a room on the third floor. Offered to pay more but they were fully booked. We should have been informed that the room rate restricted us to the top floor only. Staff were helpful, breakfast decent, very central location with bars and restaurants on the road but there was a fight one evening with police and looked like a small pool of blood outside the next morning. Not sure what happened. Wouldn’t stay here again.

A fabulous stay, lovely hotel in a super location and great staff. Well worth a visit.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

I really can't think of anything.

The hotel was light, airy and spotlessly clean. The staff were super friendly and couldn't do enough for you and also organized trips out. Good choice of breakfast and evening meals also.

Excellent location in the main historic area
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The room has twin beds which were too soft for my liking, as were the oversized pillows. Luckily, once you close the windows, the boisterous noise of the people outdoors is drowned out. However, I did find that the noise from people returning to the hotel in the middle of the night woke me. The door to the room didn't seem to block a lot of the general noise in the main area. Just be aware that there is no lift/elevator in this hotel. The man on the desk did offer to help me which wasn't needed, but very thoughtful.

The hotel is located in a prime position just inside the old city walls. The main sights are within easy walking distance and the tram is only a few minutes walk. The Krakow Glowny train station is about a 15 minute walk which makes for easy trips. There is a restaurant in the hotel itself and tons of cafes, restaurants, shops, and historic sights in the area. I was on the top floor in what the hotel calls an "economy room". Apparently, it is one of their smaller rooms though I found that it had more than enough room for me. Had I been with a friend, we still would have had plenty of space. The breakfast buffet was more than sufficient with fresh vegetables, fruit, pastries/bread, hot items, etc. The staff were friendly, helpful and professional.

Wonderful visit to a beautiful City

The room I was given was facing onto a busy street so although room itself good the street was busy right into early hours of morning -not fights just busy with people. So sleep dusturbed

Location close to main attraction/amenities.Staff friendly and attentive.

Had a fabulous 4 night stay. Hotel organised our trips to salt mine and Auschwitz. Would recommend
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

No tea making facilities in hotel room. No lift. Third floor room had sloping ceiling which you had to keep remembering to watch your head.

Location of hotel was fantastic right in the heart of the old town with bars and restaurants nearby. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful.

The location is great, very friendly staff, delicious...
    • Superior Quadruple Room

The hotel doesn’t have an elevator and we had 4 heavy suitcases. Also, the reception was inside, then there was a hallway which also lead outside and from there through a door you were going to the staircase leading to your room.

The location is great, very friendly staff, delicious breakfast.

Location ,
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

I got a hot room at the top of the house 307 , you would want to be fit! The sleeping area was small with a slanted roof and velux window. Was not allowed to turn on the A/C so first night very warm. No tea/coffee facilities or water as is the case in other Polish hotels I’ve stayed in.

Location , within the old town is fab! You can walk everywhere easily . It’s on a busy pedestrian street with lots of shops. Very close to main market square and easy distance to the railway station. Very , very clean!

excellent hotel in great position and comfy beds

no lift and noise off the street through out the night/early morning but you have to expect this as we were in the centre

comfy clean rooms in great position with friendly staff

A good hotel in a great location at a reasonable price. It was good value for money.

There was a slight smell from the drain in the bathroom. A temporary fix was applied but it needed some drano to sort it out properly. The internet signal was intermittent / not strong in my bedroom. The breakfast was very good and comprehensive though more heating needed to keep scrambled eggs and sausages hot. No lift would be a problem for some people but stairs were fine for me.

Location excellent and hotel was a good standard / good value for money. I would stay there again.

Fabulous city break

Nothing to not like.

The staff were very friendly, nothing was too much trouble for them. The hotel is ideally located just off the main square, you can see it if you look right, just a 2 min walk. Loads of bars and restaurants nearby to choose from. Room was very clean and our bed was very comfortable, housekeeping every day too.

I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Floryan very much.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Didn’t find anything I didn’t like. :)

The location of the hotel was excellent. It’s at the end of a street in the Old Town, so you have easy access to beautiful sights, shopping and everything else you need. We were given a larger room than the one I booked without having to pay anything extra, which was a pleasant surprise. The staff were very friendly, started pleasant conversations and they offered to help us book any tours if we neded them to. It was clean and there’s a restaurant in the bottom floor of the hotel, so you don’t have to go far to eat. All in all, I enjoyed staying here a lot. You get a lot for your money here and I’ll definitely be back if I visit Cracow again.

Outstanding Hotel
    • Superior Triple Room

Wish we had stayed longer.

Beautiful, well situated in the Old Town Square. Staff were so helpful and friendly. Our huge bedroom was warm, spacious with an enormous bathroom and lounge area. Well stocked and cheaply priced minibar. Breakfast was really good value and plenty of choice. Perfect stay in a really lovely property.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Lovely small hotel in great location
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

no elevator but wasn't a major issue

Lovely Small quiet Hotel in perfect location for old town and train station small hotel but perfect for quiet weekend breakfast was nice

The staff were really friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble.

There is a trade-off with the location and the noise as peole left pubs etc. This wasn't majorly inconvenient, I am a light sleeper, didn't disturb my husband though.

The hotel location was close to so much and only a few minutes from the main square which was very central.

I could hear noises/people yelling from the street all...

I could hear noises/people yelling from the street all night. The room could be more comforting, more blankets, maybe some art on the wall. It was very empty and not cozy feeling.

Krakow, nice place to visit
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

When I booked my room on Booking.com the price for one room was the same for one or two persons. My friend joined me for one night and I had to pay an extra charge even if I showed to the preson in charge that on internet the price was the same. The "standard" room is cut by a part of the roof, so little place to share

Breakfast super and hotel well situated.

Good hotel in Kraków
    • Superior Quadruple Room

There is no elevator, so quite difficult to climb the stairs with heavy bags.

The room for four persons is perfect: space and comfortable. Breakfast is good.

Absolutely the best vacation ever ! Partly due to this hotel and its staff and location
    • Superior Triple Room

Pillows could have been a little fuller) personal preference)

Staff was wonderful, friendly and very helpful, location was fantastic, very clean , breakfast was delicious

The location is excellent, right in the centre of the old...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The bedroom was a bit spartan and bare. More a 2** than a 3***. As a lone male traveller, I was at least twice per day accosted by young women trying to get me to go to "gentlemen's VIP bars" close to the end of Florianska and near the Rynek. This is not the fault of the hotel but it is a serious issue that the City authorities of Krakow should address.

The location is excellent, right in the centre of the old city on Florianska and near to the main square.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

You could not drive/unload the luggage at the hotel as it was pedestrian only steet. No elevator.

Prime location in the heart of the city. Friendly staff.

pleasant stay and respite from heat outside
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

better quality coffee, fresher bread, scrambled eggs kept really warm

well conditioned room, spacious bathroom with powerful shower, wide variety of food at breakfast buffet

Really like the location

No elevator.

Breakfast is good, plenty of choices. Staffs very friendly. Location close to old town square and train station. Room is big and comfortable, with leather sofa seating area. Roomy bathroom with separate tub and shower

Nice hotel in the perfect location for exploring the city. Extremely helpful staff. Thanks!
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The minibar in the room made an annoying sound. I forgot to tell this to the staff. For the rest, the room was perfect.

The staff was extremely kind and helpful. Breakfast was good.

Hardly ever I am satisfied for 100%.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Hardly ever I am satisfied for 100%. But I was in case of town Krakov and hotel Floryan. The town was beautiful /and I live in Prague/, the hotel was nice, located just in city centre, walking distance from the railway station, cosy, clean, with kind and helpful stuff, delicious breakfast... The hotel was recommended to me by my friends who stayed there during Easters and I was outstanding choice, lucie

We were surprised to be in a room that comfortably...
    • Superior Quadruple Room

The shower and water pressure need improvement.

We were surprised to be in a room that comfortably accommodated 5 people. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts were very good, and we all enjoyed the dinners one evening.

Okay, but a little over-priced
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The breakfasts were a little strange. Everything was okay, but the sweets were too sweet, the savory was too salty--and there wasn't too much available. For the price, the room felt too small and the breakfast wasn't quite up to snuff.

Friendly staff, great location.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Marvelous Boutique Hotel in Old Town Krakow
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The small, quiet comfort of this hotel was great. An excellent breakfast buffet and nice restaurant added appeal. The location could not have been better and to stay in historic Old Town was a real treat. This was like finding a diamond! We had a great visit and the staff was fabulous!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Will book in here again.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

No lift, which we knew, but for us oldies the 68 steps back up to the rooms at the end of the day was a bit of a tester..... Having said that we made it. It gave us the excuse to have a drink at the bar every evening to ensure we had the energy for the climb!

Location excellent, staff great. Nice breakfast and as guests you get a discount on whatever you purchased in the hotel.

Good value hotel in a great location
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Hotel has no lift so could be a problem for older or disabled travellers.

Excellent location in the old town. Close to the station for a very cheap and easy transfer from the airport.

The great place to stay in Krakow!

There is no elevator in the hotel, but the staff helps you with the heavy luggage.

The staff is incredibly nice and helpful and the service is extraordinary!! I'm really appreciate all the help and recommendations we received! The rooms are very clean and spacious (not like in other hotels in Europe), though the design is not very modern, but I didn't mind. The breakfast is fine, inc: cheeses, sausages, eggs, cereal, salads. There is a very nice place to seat and enjoy it (but the coffee is not for my taste, and a good cup of coffee is a must for me at the morning). But the most important thing is the location - it's a dream! You step outside the hotel and you are a few meters away from the most popular, central and beautiful place in the city! Lots of coffee shops and restaurants near by, lots of historical sites you can reach by a short walking. The price is fair, comparing to other hotels around the same area, and the location you get! I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

choice that will not disappoint
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Tens of time in Krakow and also quite few times in hotel floryan. Price-quality ratio excellent especially when taking into account location in one of the main street. Good access with no matter how you are arriving. Certainly will use again

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Hotel Floryan a great place to stay visiting Old Town
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Tv reception not great but ok. Didn't really go there to watch tv anyway

Staff was friendly and helpful . Loved my room. Elegant modern and very clean. Great breakfast included.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Great location, in the city center, close to the to the main...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

I think they should consider replacing the pillows. No private parking available, but it's understandable because of the hotel location. No elevator. The restaurant it's basically in the hallway, between the reception at the front door to the stairs at the end of the corridor. Not very convenient as everyone who walks in to the hotel has to pass through the restaurant.

Great location, in the city center, close to the to the main square, (approx. 5 min walk) and to the main attractions in Krakow. Clean rooms and comfortable beds, good breakfast. Nice staff, the lady from reception gave us some tips on where to find a free parking spot (during the weekend some parking places, on the street, are free). We had a triple room even though the reservation was made for a double room. This was a very good hotel for one night stay.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Great location and very nice and helpful staff
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel is excellent, I had a spacious room with an equally spacious bathroom, everything was clean and the breakfast was very good. But what made my stay in this hotel truly exceptional was the staff: Very friendly, helpful and caring, especially Ms. Sapalska, who made me feel very welcome there. A huge thank you for that!

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Please don't tell everyone about the charm, value and comfort of Hotel Floryan
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

I did not like Leaving. I enclose a photo taken outside the front door of Hotel Floryan and you will understand why. I will use this hotel as my first choice on my next business trip to Krakow.

Hotel Floryan, Exceptionally well located in ancient Krakow, is a clean, friendly intimate experience of comfort and up to date amenities at a very comfortable price. Modern bathrooms, a clean comfortable bed in an adequate sized cheery room. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

Average at best, good location
    • Superior Quadruple Room

Parking was advised as being included. Ended up being 10 minutes away and additional cost. The room was advertised as a apartment, but was a room with three beds in it. No tea or coffee making facilities and was very cold in the room. One electrical black out for this room only occurred during our stay.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

A value for money with amazing location
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Location is awesome. Just a few steps away from main square in old town and 5min walk to main railway station. Breakfast was very good and the room was very clean. Huge bathroom. Basically everything was very good!

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Excellent Location, Staff Great
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

No lift though thats not a major problem it might be for older travellers. The breakfast wasnt great - it needs better quality items and more of them

location is fantastic - literally 2 minutes to the main square - the centre of Krakow old town and location of many restaurants, cloth hall, bars etc. Hotel opens on to a busy pedestrianised street which has lots of great bars and shops. It is 1 min from Florians Gate. Room is lovely - brand new. Staff very helpful and excellent English.

Great stay in Krakow

No lift to bedrooms and stairs were marble, which in the rain was a hazard.

Lovely large bedroom, comfortable bed, great bathroom. Located right in the middle of the Old Town just a short walk to the main square.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Excellent personnel, very nice people, polite, efficient,...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The room was a bit small and the heating was a bit excessive, but this is jut me.

Excellent personnel, very nice people, polite, efficient, fast communications. Also, very good breakfast, varied enough. Very convenient 24h reception and excellent location if arriving by bus or train to Krakow's main stations.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Room was very clean with comfortable bed.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Room was very clean with comfortable bed. Breakfast was delicious with big variety of food Staff was friendly and ready to help in any question. Was very pleased with location, as it's dirrectly in the city center. For sure will stay in this hotel again when will get back to Krakow.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Perfect For Brief Visit
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Excellent reception staff, most helpful. Splendid range at breakfast and restaurant food fine and good value. Would stay there again. Easy access to tram and rail transport.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Great access for the Old Town
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The rooms on the top floor (3rd floor) only have small windows/skylights. Better get a room on the 1st or 2nd floor if you want a view. Also note that there is no lift.

Hotel is in an excellent position in the Old Town just near the Floryan Gate. Staff were very helpful, breakfasts very good and the beds are really comfy.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Nice, but you need to like sports.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

No elevator and my room was in the 3 floor, having 19 steps by floor. Better not to forget something in the room. If so, you have to climb up 57 steps to your room.

directly situated in the old town, pedestrian district very close the market square. Perfect for a visit of Krakow.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Great location and value.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Normally this is where I write most of my comments, but quite frankly there was nothing to complain about. Both the staff and facilities were excellent.

Great location and value. The hotel manager went far beyond normal expectations to ensure we had a pleasant stay. She arranged tours, answered questions and was extremely professional and customer focused. Our room was very quiet...no street noise at all. The hotel location within the historic city allowed us to get to all the key sights within a 5 to 10 minute walk.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Happy holidays in the centre of Krakow
    • Superior Triple Room

The food in the restaurant was okay but not brilliant but other than that the hotel was great. The location is fantastic.

This hotel has a great location right in the centre of Krakow. The staff were friendly and spoke good English and the room was clean and comfortable. We were travelling with our daughter and the triple room was perfect, she had a full size single bed not a little cot to sleep in :)

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Nice stay at Floryan Hotel
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Bedroom floor could have carpet.

Excellent breakfast,very helpful staff.Hotel location is just perfect.I would recommend this hotel.Very nice place to stay.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Convenient, safe
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Not suitable for travellers with big luggage, no lift facilities. Depending on which room to be in, bed mattress is not that comfortable, too soft

very near to the old town with very friendly front desk service and room service

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Economy Double or Twin Room

Small room, no elevator, small breakfast area with a narrow passage. Don't even try to approach the hotel with your car -it is situated in the pedestrian area.

Staff was great
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

No parking. No elevator. Room was the size of a shoebox.

Staff was great

room on 3rd floor

room on 3rd floor

Location,breakfast,helpful staff.

Not lifts.

Location,breakfast,helpful staff.

Perfect location for exploring Krakow
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Location, staff and great value for money.

Excellent stay

Quiet room although hotel is in the middle of busy street! food and coffee were excellent! Great location!

Great stay. Hotel is in a fantastic location. Would recommend room on lower floor
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Attic room on third floor roof too low for tall husband. No lift. Hairdryer rubbish

Fantastic location. Great breakfast selection. Very clean.

Really e joyable
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

We loved the interior breakfast fantastic staff great

Room on top floor not suitable for elderly guests

Great location,clean
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

No lift, very small room, breakfast only just ok

Excellent location, quiet room

Lovely city hotel in perfect location with helpful friendly staff

Really helpful staff

Great location and very good price .

Very friendly and helpful staff , excellent location. Plentiful breakfast

• Economy Double or Twin Room

There was no lift and we had a buggy

Great location Very helpful staff Room clean

Would recommend this hotel.
    • Superior Quadruple Room

Very friendly and helpful staff. Spacious and quiet rooms.

WiFi connection was bad and slow.
    • Superior Quadruple Room

WiFi connection was bad and slow.

In the heart of Krakow

Fantastic Location. Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Rooms very clean and maintained daily.

Clean, calm, good value for money compromise

Clean, calm, good value for money compromise

Perfect location for walking to everything.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Perfect location for walking to everything. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. Great breakfeast. Would definately come back and stay again.

Krakow

Very noisy at night

Its location

Fantastic trip with no issues
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Could of been more choice on the breakfast buffet but overall great

Everything was excellent good location hotel great and very friendly staff

Great weekend away with everything you need right outside your door and great city to explore

Kettle in the room

Location, comfort, pleasant staff. Nice stay in a traditional old building

Great location, great price, room very small, one pillow each is not great
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Breakfast not very appealing. Not a great selection. Beds, pillow uncomfortable

Location excellent. Staff very friendly.

Great location, few steps from train station and main old square.