Reviews of Hotel Galicja Wellness & SPA 3 stars

Dąbrowskiego 119, 32-600 Oświęcim, Poland

#3 of 7 hotels in Oświęcim

We’ve had window on the road side, sometime it was little noisy...

Amazing breakfast, one of a best I’ve ever had.Hotel and room were clean, nicely decorated. Wellness was silence, not big not small, just enough for Hotel. Thanks to Galicja we had amazing holiday...

24 hour concierge, so easy check in when we arrived from a late flight. Delicious breakfast with lots of choice of local specialties. Spacious, comfortable room. Convenient for an early start for a visit to Auschwitz.

The refusal to allow us to use the polish restaurant.blocked sink. Beds to soft. Pigeons kept me awake.kettle didn't work.

Clean. Reception staff and waitress very polite and helpful.

Room as excellent, and great value as e got 2 hours in the spa included in the price, which was very reasonable. Beautiful meals in the Polish restaurant, and meals reasonable. Coffee and safe in room, so all our needs met. Taxi fare 15zl from station. Would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Deluxe Room

There was no curtain in one of the windows, so couldn't keep the room dark at night, as there are lights outside. Also our room was above the dining room, and there was a party below us until 2 or 3 am, so we couldn't get a good nights sleep. Poor choice of teas in the hospitality tray. Half of the saunas in the spa were malfunctioning, and no soap or shampoo in the spa showers (so bring your own).

Good choice of produce at breakfast. Big, comfy room. Attentive and helpfull staff (kettle in our room was broken, but it was replaced immediately after reporting).

I would have liked a shuttle to the train station.

The room was comfortable, and was close to the things I wanted to see. There was not trouble with storing my luggage after checkout.

I arrived at 1.00 am (outside was -6 degrees). Was not receptionist, only guard. He gave me keys to room. In the room was extremly cold. Seems about 13 degrees. Radiators was on min level. I immediatly putted them on maximum. They started to warm few minuts, then nothing. I had to sleep inside bed with all my clothes...so much it was cold. Next morning after breakfast, i asked if i can keep the room "few minutes more" after 12:00, receptionist (who knew my story) disagreed with this.

Very beautiful place, free parking, room and bathroom very clean, very nice breakfast.

The wifi was not stable in my room, not all staff spoke English, the spa area was a bit small

Comfortable room, nice breakfast, good public transport to Krakow, the hotel has two nice restaurants, but there are other nice places close to the hotel

While the bedroom seemed recently renovated, the bathroom seemed a little dated. The shower had a few leaks on the floor. Also, the bathroom cabinet's interior drawer was slightly dirty.

Breakfast was abundant and very good, with delicious coffee. The hotel complex was very pleasant, with tastefully appointed rooms, lobby, hallways and facilities. Parking was immediately outside, right on the grounds of the hotel. We ate both dinners at the restaurant featuring a Polish cuisine oriented menu and the menu selection and food was outstanding. Hotel staff was attentive and very welcoming. We ate very, very well here and really enjoyed our stay.

Staff could be more friendly. They all looked sad. Hair dryer is not in the room. There is no info whether it is available or not. We had to go all the way down to the desk and ask for it.

nothing extra but also nothing poor

there was some cigarete smoke smell in our bathroom, probably came from the other room.

Value for the money is great. Rooms are very clean, well preserved, also good breakfast. Also, very good SPA and Restaurants. VERY highly recommended hotel for the price.

A few more English language channels would be nice.

The hotel room was very comfortable and modern. The spa's sauna was great and very hot; however, the whirlpool was not as hot as I would have liked, but the jets were very powerful. The highlight was the staff as the young lady took her time to help get my car parked and helped us find everything. There are two restaurants on site and we chose the Italian one. It was amazing and the homemade lasagna was one of the best meals on our trip. You don't even need to leave the warmth of the hotel as it is connected to the spa, other hotel building and the two restaurants.

Nothing I can't fault the hotel.

My brother left his bag with all his travel money and passport in the bar over nite after a few to many drinks and in the morning his bag had been safely left at the reception desk!

See above!

Comfortable room of generous proportions and with useful balcony. Bathroom a little dated and plumbing left a little to be desired which was surprising since it is a "spa" hotel! However, we were in the older wing and perhaps better in the newer wing?

My room did not have AC and it was a very hot day. I was given a fan, but I was too hot. It needs to be clearly communicated that there is no AC (it is assumed that hotels have AC). If I had known there was no AC, I would have chosen another place.

A very good complementary breakfast, beautiful spa. A very clean place everywhere.

• Deluxe Room

Maybe just a tip for a hotel - the scent of lavender is great, but it was a bit too much. I came with my dogs and one was sneezing for two days :) I didn't like the hotel's preauthorization on the day when I still could cancel the reservation without charges and I didn't like that they told me about the price for dogs (50 zloty per night per dog) only at the hotel - they said that they noticed Booking about the price - it didn't get to me. But ok, I know that you have to pay for a dog.

A beautiful place, peaceful and lovely surroundings. The food was great and we had apartment (lovely room with balcony and big bathroom). Just few steps to the restaurants downstairs and a step more to the wellness. Really close to the Auschwitz museum and to Energylandia (if you have a kid a must go, and we also saw that Zatorland - for younger children in also close). The staff was nice, but very formal :)

We were really dissapointed with accomodation. Our tiny room was right above the reception and the kitchen, so we heard so not pleasing noises all the time (in the kitchen were tenderizing the meat all evening, it was like they were int the room with us). Mattresses were hard to sleep on, no air condition (during our stay was really hot wearher, so it was hard to survive there without it, esp. for our two small dogs) and room was a little bit smelly, maybe this room was indended for dog owners, but no more again.

Breakfast was truly amazing and staff in both of restaurants very friendly.

Everything was OK, except the continuous noise, hammering in the evenings coming from above (repair? renovation? assembly?). It lasted both evenings until 10:30 pm, on Friday and Saturday. I could hear when the worker had a little break and put down his hammer on the floor. It is completely unacceptable to do repairs late evening. If you have to repair something do it daytime and particularly not in the weekend. Or close the hotel for a while.

The two restaurants were excellent, the breakfast choice too. The garden is nice, with good parking.

Reception staff can improve their attitude and customer service service. And would have loved to see a pool.

Good breakfast, close to museum, restaurant on site. Essentially a mini resort with most amenities on site.

• Large Twin Room

No plugs for electricity nearby the bed

Almost everything, even the restaurant was very good. Friendly staff, if you pay with credit card make sure that you pay in your currency wether Euro, Dollar or Pounds, and not in Sloty because the exchange rate is very bad.

Beds on the harder end of the scale and no aircon when outside temp almost reaches 40 can be a challenge.

Great spa, beatiful buildings and very clean !

• Deluxe Room

Nice 3 star hotel. Clean, comfort. nice staff, very delicious pizza in restaurant. Unfortunately we had to move early in a morning, BUT it was REALLY NICE when they offered a snack-pack instead of breakfast for our early trip:) Nice garden

• Deluxe Room

Excellent facility! Beautifully decorated! Lovely grounds and peaceful surroundings. Polite and helpful staff! Our family room, located in the recently added building, was clean and comfortable, and a perfect size for our group. The room AC was an added bonus. Great breakfast! We also greatly enjoyed the on-site restaurant.

The hotel is nice. However the rooms are very small. good breakfast. Good accommodation for the Energylandia. Nice restaurant for the evening dinner- good food.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

I previously stayed in this hotel and the previous room was larger than this one. There was only one chair in the room, no safe and no tea and coffee making facilities. The room was comfortable but not quite up to the standard of my previous room. I have recommended this hotel to my friends and will happily stay in the same hotel when I next visit Poland.

The Italian restaurant served superb food at a great price. Every member of staff was friendly, efficient and very helpful. The waitresses worked very hard and were always cheerful.

I liked everything about this hotel , and plan to visit it again with more of my family.

We enjoyed the private pool table and t.v room as we are football fans ,

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Distance from city center and museum. Needed a car or had to use public transportation to get anywhere.

The spa was nice, though it is an extra cost. The hot tub was just warm. Very clean hotel with modern amenities

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

The shower cabin is small and the shower rose was hand held, but no big deal.

Loved the service, helpful and cheery staff, spa, spacious well heated rooms, wonderful Polish food, complimentary bottled water in room.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Triple room is just a pullout couch as the third bed

Great spa, amazing food, very clean and modern inside with lots of charm outside. Close to auschweitz memorial. Great stay if you are planning to do the tour.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Nothing! Maybe they need to put a blowdryer in the bathroom but that is it really.

- distance to Auschwitz 3km! - dinner at the italian restaurant of the hotel was DELICIOUS!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

When you are booking you are not told in which building you are booking as there is also a second building where the conditions are much better. The room we had was smelling bad and also was a bit small. I think when someone is booking a room should be advice where and what he is booking as the good reviews are all for the secondary building.

The location looks nice, food was middle.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Large Twin Room

Room was on the first floor, at 22:00 strong noise started, we had to call reception 3 times till the noise stopped, we then found out it was a washing machine or dish washer working in the kitchen May be other rooms are OK

Very good location for visiting the Aushwitz and Berkenau

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Large Twin Room

It was a great surprise and I wish we could have stayed longer. We booked it for one night to go see Auschwitz which is a few miles down the road and a world apart. After seeing Auschwitz which was a very emotional day it was good for the soul to return to such a lovely place. The breakfast was fantastic and the people very nice. Wonderful outside patio.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

Staff were very friendly and extremely helpful , nothing was too much trouble , our room was perfect with balcony over looking the front of hotel, very comfortable stay and would be highly recommended to any one visiting the local area .

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

My room was a bit pokey - a single room in an attic space with roof windows. But it was comfy and very clean.

The breakfast was amazing. Absolutely so generous and really lovely food and lots of choice. The staff were really helpful. The restaurant was great too.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

Direct environment not that exciting although you can visit much other things in the area by car.

Good location to visit Auschwitz and Birkenau camps, very good restaurant (we only tried the Italian one), very good price/quallity. Good breakfast with lots of choice.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Large Twin Room

nothing - it was all good

This is the second time I've stayed here this year. Spacious room, clean comfy bed. Great food & drink choices. All staff very friendly. Booked a taxi thought hotel to collect us from Katowice airport- was there waiting for us on arrival. Great place to stay for a quiet relaxing stay.

the spa is nice,but the guest are too loud. Uncomfortable beds

Nice garden and position

Lovely hotel with two super restaurants and bar including spa .

Meals in the restaurant with polish food - exxcellent, soooo delicious

Very nice hotel. Excellent staff, cosy room and the spa facilities were nice, cosy and relaxing. Good restaurant.

Corporate feel

Only down side, we were unable to use the therapy services as it was fully booked.

Excellent hotel, friendly helpful staff. Superb restaurants

could hear neighbours door banging

friendly staff, big room, delicious food and great price

Quiet place for business trip but also for rest.

very helpful and friendly stuff

All of it could not of asked for more

A somewhat unpleasant smell in the otherwise clean bathroom; probably a sink that caused this.

English language was somewhat of a difficulty

Restaurant and menu

The food was great and the wellness too. We spent a really good time there.

Excellent place, great staff. All you need.

Bars and breakfast

I really enjoyed their hospitality and service!

Not many spaces for a car.

Breakfast. Spa.

All OK

Good value and nice people

• Large Twin Room

Some staff members were not so friendly.

Excellent breakfast, fresly baked pancakes served every morning.

Pretty good overall, nothing to complain about.

Great breakfast! Restaurant was cheap and really good.

Lovely facility, stunning rooms!

The complex was beautiful and clean!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Nohairdrier

Breakfast was really good with a great variety to choose from.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Beds a tad uncomfortable.

Amazing place to stay. Unassuming. Restaurant was incredible, staff amazing and great value.

• Large Twin Room

I made a misstake and made a dubble booking and they could not fix it there. So I have to pay for two rooms, still Communism?

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

The restaurant with Polish food was very very nice. I really enjoyed the dinner I hade there. The waitresse was very helpful with my special request.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

would be good to have a hairdryer in the room but that is really a minor detail

Great breakfast and fine restaurants

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Food very good

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

breakfast very good. Staff very polite. Relaxing experience.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Lovely hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Restaurants served great food. Spa facilities were lovely

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Large Twin Room

OUR ROOM WAS NEAR THE STAIRS AND IT WAS A LITTLE BIT NOISY.

NICE CLEAN AND VERY GOOD SPA

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Needed a hairdryer in the room.

Great choice of 2 restaurants, which are both cheap but quality meals. Rooms cosy and clean.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Very nice 1 night stay, the polish cousin dinner was pure heaven! Free parking and friendly staff completed the perfect picture.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Hot tube can be hotter

Perfect room, great spa, delicious breakfast

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

No free parking as part of hotel, you have to park in street or nearby parking lot and pay, unless weekend.

Breakfast spread, location

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Everything was excellent. Perfect room, extraordinary breakfast, good location, super SPA Center and great staff ! 10+

Browse Hotel Galicja Wellness & SPA traveller photo gallery