Reviews of Hotel Hanza 4 stars

Tokarska 6, 80-888 Gdańsk, Poland

#20 of 99 hotels in Gdańsk

9.7

Expensive for what it was. Reception didn’t engage or enquire of us for our time there.

Our suite overlooked a building site, with the drilling and banging starting from 07:00 onwards.

I did like our Junior Suite’s location overlooking the river.

Superb
    • Double or Twin Room

The furniture was a bit outdates, and the bathtub was slippery.

The location is excellent and I had a room with a view to the canals and a balcony which was extraordinary. The room was really spacious and the bed very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and welcoming.

Great location in the city center with walking distance to...
    • Double or Twin Room

Great location in the city center with walking distance to almost every landmark or restaurant in Gdansk. Very nice fish food restaurant. Great staff. Comfortable and big rooms, very comfy bed and tasty breakfast :)

• Double or Twin Room

The parking man at the arrival. Whom I had to convince that I was intitled to park at the parking square in front of the hotel for lifting out our bags.

I would not highly recommend this hotel, but maybe I was just unlucky with the water going off.
    • Double or Twin Room

The water went off on the first floor so we couldn't use our en-suite facilities (shower/toilet/wash-hand basin) for about 24 hours. Feel we should have been given a discount for this inconvenience.

We were upgraded to a junior suite, though I would have preferred a waterfront view, not sure if the upgrade suited them more than us...?

Starting the day with a very good breakfast and being close to all ammenities says it all.
    • Double or Twin Room

T.V. had no English movie channel, only BBC world news, however we were mostly out and about so did not use the T.V. much.

Nice spacious room, with coffee, tea making and mini bar. Excellent breakfast selection. Very central near cafes, bar and restaurants, and sights, the promenade is on the doorstep. Staff friendly and helpful.

Beds - very comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only got 2 milk pots every day so only enough for 1 drink each.

Beds - very comfortable. Water in room each day. Position of hotel. Table and chairs in room. View.

• Double or Twin Room

We have asked for a double bed room and we have received two single beds. The view was so great that we didn't ask for a change. I am sure that they will make it.

The view was great and it was totally worth it. But not all the rooms have the same. Great location.

We highly recommend Hotel Hanza. The location is fantastic and the property is very nice.
    • Double or Twin Room

Although the staff was very friendly they were not able to provide much information about the area for site seeing.

The location of Hotel Hanza is fantastic. We had a wonderful view of the River below. It is close to great restaurants and the main old town square. The breakfast is wonderful, they provide a very nice buffet. Our room was clean and spacious and the bed was very comfortable.

Comfortable well maintained older style property.
    • Double or Twin Room

Occasionally, the eggs and bacon in the bain maries at breakfast were on the cool side - solution was just to wait for new supplies or ask the staff for more!

Gdansk was a great town to visit towards the end of quite a long holiday and Hotel Hanza was just the place to enjoy it for a few nights. We had a spacious room overlooking the river, good wifi, coffee maker etc. The walkway along the river (and the hotel's outside patio area) could get a little noisy at night if the windows were ajar but the double glazing worked fine. Extensive breakfast, comfortable bar area. Easy & interesting walk to the old town, the main street of which commenced only about 200metres away.

Relaxing visit to an old city. Enjoyed WWII and Crane—Żuraw Museums.
    • Double or Twin Room

The main train station needs to be more tourist friendly. Lack of signs, escalators, it’s in poor shape in comparison to other polish cities.

Great location, with a nice view of the canal-river. The architecture makes you feel that you’re back several centuries. Many of the streets are pedestrian only, with very limited traffic.

A most enjoyable weekend in Gdańsk!

Nothing...great booking!

Hotel Hansa was a perfect booking for us. Its location put us close to all the action in Gdańsk. All the amenities & excellent breakfast served us very well. Any questions we had were readily answered by reception.

Excellent location with lovely river view.

Nothing really.

The room was extremely well appointed and we had a lovely view of the river from our window. It was a very pleasant short walk along the river front to come to the "Green Gate" at the bottom of the "Royal Mile" so the location couldn't be bettered, The beds and pillows were very comfortable indeed - we both slept really well. Breakfast had a wide range of the usual foods and egg dishes could be made to order.

Such a wonderful expierience
    • Double or Twin Room

Bread in the breakfast was the only disappointment. Such a fine hotel should offer freash bread, not the kind that has been packed in plastic.

The view to the river was fantastic. The special occasion we had was noticed in a nice way.

Wonderful location right on the river within minutes of...
    • Double or Twin Room

Wonderful location right on the river within minutes of everything. Room was good sized, comfortable bed, and windows that opened to let in a great breeze while sleeping.

Excellent all round. Thank you, we had a lovely stsy

Transfer from the airport excellent. An aggressive driver who ‘Tailgated’ took us back. Both cabs were clean and timely

Very friendly, clean and spacious hotel with fabulous view from our room

Perfect location, with really helpful staff. Overall an excellent stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

We stayed in room 304 which is a lovely large room with seating area facing the river. We used the hotels transfer from & to the airport - in both cases the drivers were very polite and helpful - worked out at £18 each way. Quality breakfast, with smoked salmon, cheeses, ham, salads and hot food buffet and eggs to order. All staff we met were really attentive and helpful. Made for a perfect break.

I booked the room with double bed but i was so upset finding...
    • Double or Twin Room

I booked the room with double bed but i was so upset finding twin beds. I was so tired and traveled so long hours and couldnt even argue why they didnt book my room with double bed. And i dont understand how a hotel facility couldnt have a slipper in the room.. so strange.

When can I go back?
    • Double or Twin Room

Superb restaurant, very clean room/bathroom, incredible location adjacent the iconic Hansa "Zuraw", excellent staff, the perfect base to enjoy the beautiful Hanseatic city of Gdansk.

Excellent location as a base to explore Gdansk.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were a little stand-off-ish. The service was very good but we didn't feel the warmth of welcome. The spa was ok but cold.

The room was a great size and very comfortable. The hotel location was excellent with excellent view from the room. Everything was well maintained, room cleaned daily. Lots of great restaurants close by.

The price always high and the facilities in the hotel kinda old. The fitness room is disappointing.

Great location. I needed to leave the hotel before the breakfast, the staffs let me had it before 7 a.m.

Very nice location and breakfast

I felt the room was dated. The panel used to stop water from going on the floor didn’t seal properly so every morning I had to mop up water. The toilet didn’t flush properly. Also, this is a spa hotel but instead of the usual white sippers, there was a cheap shoe shine kit i side the door. Overall the room felt a bit old and masculine. (But I appreciated having a kettle in the room!)

The view from my room was wonderful. Also, the breakfast was much better than expected..a lovely spread, Finally, the welcome sweet was a nice touch.

Good hotel, excellent breakfast, perfect location
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was fantastic! The room with a view to the river was comfortable and very clean. Our twin beds were good for sleaping. The only thing was the pillows; the bed had two pillows - one big (giant) and one was medium (big). The pillows were really big! It was good that the hotel had a computer and printer for customer use. The hotel has near perfect location! The staff was cortious.

The Hanza Hotel provides great accommodation and is excellently located close to "Old Town".

Nothing to report.

I really appreciated having a room with a view of the river. I also much appreciated my birthday card from the Hotel together with chocolate. - a lovely surprise, and one that made me feel so welcome. Thank You All!

Lovely location, welcoming staff, great breakfast, don't miss the spa.

Super location right next to the river, easy walk to all of the beautiful historic parts of Gdansk. Welcoming and helpful staff, great breakfast. I didn't have time to take advantage of the spa, sauna or gym facilities, but they looked great (and smelled lovely) so I will definitely make time for them when I return. I can definitely recommend!

Great hotel in the center of Gdansk
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is in an excellent location in the heart of Gdansk. We got our room upgraded, which was terrific! The staff was very kind and professional.

Fabulous hotel, fabulous staff, fabulous location. 10/10
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel staff were welcoming and so helpful, offering us advice on the local area, and storing our bag after checkout and until our flight. We were given a beautiful room with a balcony overlooking the river which was clean and decorated with local artwork. The location, on the river is superb and I can highly recommend a stay here, there is nothing I would complain about. 10/10

The hotel is really good, beatifully designed, great view...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is really good, beatifully designed, great view from the window to the channel, close to the city center, the restaurant in the hotel is very cozy, we have been in the Christmas period, it was nice sitting there, tried the shrimps salad there, however was dissapointing and quite expensive

Cosy hotel

Housekeeping was very loud gossiping early hours on the corridor as well as I left dirty towels on the floor and they weren't taken away plus mirror and dirty glasses weren't cleaned.

Very comfortable and cosy place. I would definitely stay again. Fantastic professional spa. Excellent staff and the best toast with delicious ketchup I ever had from room service.

Great view over the river and close to many of the...

Choice of hot food at breakfast was a bit limited, but the cold buffet was excellent

Great view over the river and close to many of the city's places of interest. The bedroom was comfortable and bathroom cleanliness was 5*.

Great place for a few days
    • Double or Twin Room

upgraded to a junior suite , fabulous view , hotel rather warmer than we would have liked , but as it was zero outside can't complain . very good value breakfast, right in the old town for sightseeing

Excellent city break - will stay there again!
    • Double or Twin Room

Accommodation exceeded all expectations, staff were great, happy and really helpful, room was clean and larger than expected with a great view of the river. Bar staff really great, breakfast we thought was very good, both the hot and cold food. Best of all is the outstanding location!

Very comfortable and relaxing
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is just perfect. It's just at the Old Town. River View through window is so nice. Staff is very kind and helpful. Room is big enough to have comfort. Definitely worth to price! Strictly recommended both both business or leisure visits.

Tour Company Kickback for Staff?
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff misled me about Malbork Castle in order to redirect me from a self guided tour to tour company. If I had listened, I would have missed seeing Malbork Castle.

The pretty room had a high ceiling and a balcony.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was not comfortable to me, though my husband was okay with it.

The pretty room had a high ceiling and a balcony. It was on the top floor and very quiet. The hotel is an excellent location, by the water. The view from our room was one of the nicest I have ever seen. The breakfast was fine.

Brilliant
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel does not run it's own restaurant, which although part of the hotel building is a separate entity. Great for evening meal etc., but very expensive for breakfast at 50PLN.

Hotel and staff excellent, and lovely room overlooking Motlawa

I enjoyed and had a pleasant stay! Very clean hotel, as like the old town itself!

The hotel is easy to reach by car, only you have to pay during the day. It is not much but you need coins. It is possible to pay already in the evening for the next day so that you don't need to stand there at 9.00 AM. The floor heating in my bathroom was quite hot and I had an idea that it also caused a lot of warmth in the hotelroom (when I didn't close the door). The two airco's couldn't totally do the job in my opinion. But the two door windows on the front were the solution. After opening it, it cooled down, but I don't know how it will be in summer. My visit was in september with 15 degrees Celsius.

The hotel is situated in the centre / old town so with a few steps you enjoy the old town. The hotelroom was complete including mini-bar. It was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was also good.

Liked the room and the location but the staff need to improve on their customer skills
    • Double or Twin Room

The communal rooms lacked atmosphere when compared to the bedrooms. The front of house staff did not engage with us at anytime- surprising for a hotel of the level. There was no- did you have a good stay or have a good trip home. Just a grunt when we handed over the keys. Also were not able to help us with tourist information. Mind you the Tourist Office were no better.

The Hanza has a superb location on the water front in Gdansk. We had an excellent room over looking the river.

The location of the hotel is very convenient.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast could have been better.

The location of the hotel is very convenient. In the middle of the historical center. The views from the room were great.

Splendid city, and nice to stay in the most beautiful part of town, within walking distance to every
    • Double or Twin Room

Scrambled eggs for breakfast is a "must", I think.

The Staff extremely nice and accomodating. The hotel showed great flexibility when allowing us to store our bicycles over night in the business centre.

The perfect hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

We were so happy with this hotel and its location. Everything was perfect from the room with a river view to the breakfast and being able to leave and enter the hotel from the pedestrian walkway.

Excellent service, perfect location and beautiful rooms. Peaceful and relaxing!
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel Hanza catered to our every need, even offering a breakfast bag because of our very early departure. Their excellent service is exemplary and the room was perfect: super comfortable bed, clean and spacious. I also recommend the breakfast as there was lots of healthy choices and variety. The location is ideal. My only regret is not having the time to use the spa - next time!

Excellent location, great service and good food!
    • Double or Twin Room

The spa was not so great. I booked 2 treatments and was shorted 15min. My sister had a manicure and the beautician cut her finger so bad she got an open wound. No compensation.

Excellent location, great service and good food! Our room was towards the river and was nice and spacious. (We had a twin bed room) Can highly recommend!

Perfect location, beautiful room, just a couple of things need ironing out!
    • Double or Twin Room

Paying extra (quite a lot) for a crib in the bedroom. The staff in the bar were hit and miss. Ignored quite a lot with no drink and had to ask, "Can we order a drink please!" Never say, "thank you" when paying if you are expecting change as the staff just presume you are giving them a tip.

Really beautiful room with great views. Perfect location.

A great choice for location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Poor service in bar. Noisy, inefficient air-conditioning in bedrooms.

Good sized rooms, comfortable beds. Good quality free WiFi connection. Great location.

Good choice
    • Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning unit noisy.

Good location overlooking river, lovely view. Comfortable room and beds. Very clean hotel. Walking distance to everything.

A star in the center of Gdansk
    • Double or Twin Room

The buffet breakfast was fantastic with a great assortment of hot and cold dishes. The location was central to everything and the facilities were top notch.

Short break in Gdansk
    • Double or Twin Room

The one lift was a little slow and didn't indicate which floor it was on. From the outside - but if that's the only thing we didn't like it shows how much we enjoyed the Hanza!

Lovely hotel in a superb location

Good hotel wth excellent locaton
    • Double or Twin Room

Reception not particularly helpful! The hotel had slightly corporate feel - I had assumed it would be more boutique style - however t was very good!

Hotel has great location and serves excellent breakfast. Good sauna.

Loved the quaint hotel and its location.

Very disappointed that we did not have a room with a view AS REQUESTED. As a couple we had requested a queen size bed and were given two singles. NOT acceptable!!!

Loved the quaint hotel and its location. Breakfast was great and sufficient

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

A great Hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

as I am from the older generation and as the shower is in the bath it would be useful to have a grip to hold onto when showering.

Excellent Hotel. staff breakfast and location A1. Beautiful view from Our bedroom.

the breakfast was great, very fresh.
    • Double or Twin Room

the breakfast was great, very fresh. We were lucky, having a room facing the river. In the morning we took a short walk along the river and old city center, quiet and enjoyable. I would highly recommend, definitely worth of staying. Can't express more, see and experience yourself.

Amazing location and view on the river.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast on Sunday was finishing at 10 which is a bit early for us. However, selection was good and everything was very tasty.

Amazing location and view on the river. Very nicely decorated rooms, a lot of light inside.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Central spa hotel with spacious rooms and good breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Housekeeping could have been better. The room had carpet and it was not very hygenic. We stayed at the hotel four nights and it was not changed the sheets. Air conditioning in the room does not work, but it was possible to ventilate well, since all the windows could be opened. Hot food was rarely done, when breakfast would be served, but it often came in during the first twenty minutes. There is only one elevator in the hotel and this is very slow. It may therefore take some time to take down from the room to the reception. But the hotel is well adapted for disabled people.

The hotel had good location relative to the old town and sights such as the Royal Road and the Maritime Museum with the old port crane. You travel with the greatest ease from the airport to the hotel by taking the train to Central Station and then bus 100, which stops right outside the hotel (alternatively taxi). There are several good places to eat near the hotel, but avoid eating places along the Royal Route and the riverbank, if you are traveling on a budget, then they are in slightly higher price range. We recommend a visit to the restaurant La Cucina in Ul. Tandeta 77, which has a lovely lamb saddle and great cakes and nice waiters. The hotel has a good breakfast with both hot and cold food and a good selection of fruit and vegetables, meat and fish, bread and pastries as well as yougurt and cereals. Hot food consists of fried eggs, bacon, sausage and mushroom stew. The hotel has friendly staff and check-in and check-out went quickly. We got a large room with large bathroom. The hotel's free wireless network was fast. The hotel has a spa, but we did not use this offer. The restaurant serves lunch and dinner too, but we only ate breakfast at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Not customer oriented hotel

I informed the hotel in advance as well as when arrived that I am vegan and could they please provide me something to eat at breafast. They did not. I stayd there 3 nights and it was the same every morning, they did not even try some get one yoghurt, a piece of cheese, some fried or cooked beans... nothing. It is not so rare to be a vegan nowadays and in the future we all need to be....

the location was ok

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Large room with a nice view.
    • Double or Twin Room

Large room with a lovely view of the canal. Restaurant was very good and child friendly. Very nice lady working in the restaurant who made our 10 month old son very welcome during dinner time. Nice breakfast.

Time and money well-spent.

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. The location was superb as was the view (of the river) from my room. Everywhere was spotless and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Comfortable hotel with excellent restaurant.
    • Double or Twin Room

No hot water one of the mornings meant a cold shower.

The restaurant was excellent, good selection for breakfast, but dinner was really impressive. It specialises in fish and the food was top quality and the service was excellent.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Price/quality ratio - value for money is questionable:...
    • Double or Twin Room

Price/quality ratio - value for money is questionable: windows facing the building ourside, shabby furniture, and general impression of a not so fresh place create a feeling that the room is overpriced

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Good hotel and location but make sure you get a room facing the river
    • Double or Twin Room

The temperature in the rooms was far to hot and because we were allocated a room facing the street we could not open window due to the noise. If you are a light sleeper these rooms are really bad as the noise is constant during day and night. We did not sleep for 3 nights

Hotel location and breakfast were really good would recommend it but only if you could get a room facing the river

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Great location but noisy.
    • Double or Twin Room

We stayed for 3 nights and on 2 of those there were noisy male guests who thought it was appropriate to continue to laugh, speak loudly, slam doors and generally have no consideration for any other guests than themselves until 6am. This spoilt our overall stay in Gdansk.

Location great, lovely view, staff friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Nice hotel in the heart of the Old Town in the middle of the best sights.
    • Double or Twin Room

Some members of the stuff could be more friendly and more polite.

Very nice hotel, nice room, very clean, good location, good breakfast. Very good spa.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Excellent stay
    • Double or Twin Room

Being a little finicky, the shower was over the bath which was fine but the bath taps were positioned rather awkwardly and it was very easy to knock the lever to very hot when showering!

Breakfast was brilliant. Set us up for the day. Rooms were very clean, we asked for a river view and all 3 rooms that we booked were overlooking the river. Fab! Very well situated for the city.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

I loved it.

Nothing bad to say.

The single beds were very big and comfortable. The bathrooms were lovely especially the shower. The staff were very friendly even though we were difficult to understand.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Great location, rooms were massive, spotlessly clean, spa/sauna area was incredible.
    • Double or Twin Room

Its just a little thing but I think there could be a few more choices on the evening menu as the night we were going to have a meal unfortunately there was nothing that I fancied.

The hotel was really good all the staff especially in the spa area were excellent and couldn't do enough for us, the selection and quality of food at breakfast was a joy. will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

Beautiful place in the best location
    • Double or Twin Room

Masie room and bathroom. Giant window, spectacular view.

One of the best decorated hotel we stayed in. Spacious room, big beautiful window with spectacular view. Location can't get any better too.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Great hotel great location 😀
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely hotel great location. Room was good size and beautiful view onto the water. Didn't eat there but restaurant looked very nice. Reception were very helpful and printed off my boarding passes. Would definitely stay again. First time in Gdansk and will return.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Great Location in a great City of Culture.

Nothing much to dislike. Street parking of cars is a disadvantage, but local restrictions are not to onerous.

Location on the river. Attitude of staff.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Short stay in Gdansk

Great location, right on the water. Spacious suite and balcony provided excellent views from the 4th floor. Great place to relax before flying home to Australia

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Complete rip off, this is a 2 or 3 star at BEST

Literally everything else. Weird bed situation, unfriendly staff, awful shower that drain backed up, absolutely zero amenities. Would rate lower but booking.com minimum is 2.5 and the location was good. Would recommend stay at Hilton or Radisson Blu than this HOSTEL.

The location was good

- excellent location walking distance to everywhere
    • Double or Twin Room

- rooms are outdated - very old style furnishings - a bit expensive

- excellent location walking distance to everywhere - clean rooms - excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Hotel Hanza was a major contributor to an enjoyable visit to Gdansk
    • Double or Twin Room

Coffee from the machine in the breakfast room not so good

Great location.Staff were very friendly and we had a lovely room with a spectacular view of the river. Comfortable bed and a good breakfast. Did not take payment for the room until two weeks before occupancy

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Ideally located - great views
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was amazing large, airy and it had a waterfront view which was beautiful. The dinner in the restaurant was superb - we all had fish which was perfectly cooked served with delicious vegetables. Asparagus soup and crayfish soup so tasty! Sauna booked for the use of the four of us only was very relaxing.

Probably one of the most interesting town in Poland.
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel requires some modernization. The restaurant was under our expectations.

The location. The view from our room and the excellent breakfast.

Very good hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

maybe just a slipers in the room would be nice to have

very nice staff, in the center, best location, welcome cake

Browse Hotel Hanza traveller photo gallery