Reviews of Hotel Młyn & SPA 4 stars

Okrzei 77, 87-800 Włocławek, Poland

#16 of 18 hotels in Włocławek

SPA - 3 showers out of service, both of the whirlpools out of service. Bathroom - shower enclosed with waste. Very small room Breakfast - no pepper and salt, no spoon to pick-up mustard, no juice on Wednesday, Dinner - meals from the menu were not available at 7pm The window can not be opened in the room, only air conditioning without regulation.

can't open windows, too hot in the room waitress are not prepared and lazy I've been waiting 40min for salad while there were only few people in the restaurant service and food quality was poor service at front desk wasn't nice

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Someone came into my room uninvited when I was sleeping to tune up tv, I told them in English that I don't need anything, but they told me that it will take a minute!!! I was in the bed while two people were standing there and talking, after they finish tv setup they left and toke my room key, electricity were shut down!!! In the morning I used my uncharged phone flash light to see my way to bathroom!!!

• Apartment (4 Adults)

The room was not fully clean at arrival. One bed a bit broken. Swimming pool a bit cold. Tiles broken on the wall. Warm water issue in the showers.

Spacious room though older style furniture. Could be redesigned more modern inside the rooms. Swimming pool fine though some tiles on the wall broken. Shower with warm water issue. Breakfast and Bar fine.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The room I had - 111 - Is old looking, I thought from the outside and stars it would be more modern. Also, but this is a apparently a Polish thing, the beds are extra narrow, not even a single bed width you well find in other countries. At least I was able to put the 2 together as there wasn't any other option in the hotel. Breakfast options are not great, but OK.

Location is good. CLose to bus and train station, close to the center.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Windows don't open at all, whole property runs on central managed air coditioning system and was set to 23 degrees at the time which makes it really hot considering there's no air flow other than through air con. Air feels dusty too and all carpets there if you have astma don't book. It was boiling at night and despite several requests to lower the temperature in the room it sayed the same. Dark room no daylight and not enough artificial light makes it pretty grim there. Booked 7 nights stayed 1 and left with huge migrane. Considering the price you overpaying a great deal here.

Good location and nice staff.

Certainly below par for a 4 star hotel. Room is very basic. I stayed twice now, once my fridge was stocked with complimentary drinks, other time empty. No safe. Bathroom more of a 2 star standard (I would definitely prefer Premier Inn or Travelodge for that). Quality of bedding very poor

It’s as good as it gets in Wloclawek (that doesn’t mean it’s particularly good!) and breakfast is included in the price.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

When asking for issues to be resolved they actually get resolved. I.e. Hairdrier not working Breakfast staff to be active in replacing items and not just talking in the kitchen. To be provided with a printed receipt when checking out.

Spa and fitness equipment

The person went into my girlfriends , changing room to the point where my girlfriend told me this i wanted go down stairs and give him a lesson . Watch that little prick that works at the pool.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

No wifi for most of the time. No international TV channels - only polish - Service in bar and restaurant bad or not existing - food very low standard and served cold - breakfast "very" poor quality, selection and no service around and giving you any attention. Tables not set. No salt and pepper on the tables and no serviettes. A factory canteen cant be as bad as this breakfast room. Furniture and rooms old and outdated. I don't know where they found a "4" star rating? The worst hotel I ever stayed in! The first time I question booking.com why they offer hotels of such low standard and bad service?

The restaurant is definitely a negative - food was not tasty - too fat and no choice for kids really. Prices not worth the quality. There was no wifi in our rooms for two days (we hired two separate rooms) even it was promised in the price. Would not give the rooms 4 stars, maximum 3.

We were very happy with the gym and swimming pool area. Definitely the room services staff deserves a positive comments - they were always happy to help when requested.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Tv connection poor, screen hardly visible. No cork to the bath tube where kids wanted to play and actually have a bath. One pillow for 2 kids.

Pool, sauna :)

The breakfast. Nescafe, dry bread and hot yogurt. The restaurant. No cold beer. Problems with serving the food we ordered. Waited two hours!

The room. The Pool :)

• Apartment (4 Adults)

The place was very nice overall. We will remember a spa staff Krystian who was extremely helpful and tried to make our stay perfect. His customer service skills are simply excellent!

There is visible maintenance problem. The problem is in the details: scratched walls, missing panels and empty minibar. For that price it's not acceptable.

It's easy on the eyes.

I think the pancakes for breakfast should be made fresh every day. The ones we were served were cold and hard as if they were in the fridge over night (couple of nights).

The gym is amazing if that's what you into when staying at the hotel.

Definitely breakfast, if you are not a morning person, forget to eat. You have to ask for everything many times and even so we cannot get for example butter and there was another hour till closure time. It is rather small variety of food and the cafe machine is broken all the time so you have to drink this awful coffee in the morning.

Rooms aren't big, but quite comfortable but the biggest disadvantage is window, you cannot open it, so ventilation has to work all the time, it is rather frustrating during the night. staff is really friendly and helpful, they help you even if you didn't want them to. ;) Spa area is small, but quite fine, swimming pool is rather to chill and relax than to swim, but it is the best part of this hotel.

Our bedroom looked like it's not been renovated since the hotel was first opened. The decor is massively outdated. Everything looks tired and it's asking for a face lift. Tons of dust on walls, a dirty and a not particularly nice bathroom, a shelf hanging off the wall, an absolutely useless hairdryer (took me about 40 mins to blow dry my hair). Breakfast was very average, most of the food was dry and didn't look very fresh regardless of us having it early/late in the morning. The menu in that restaurant looked horrible, there was no traditional polish dishes (which are delicious) with a modern twist, every dish sounded ridiculous, so I picked the simplest dish and they still managed to serve my chicken raw. The restaurant staff was useless, when I asked about the freshness of their products the waitress replied that she doesn't know because she doesn't work in the kitchen. Not sure if she expected me to go there and find out myself? The music throughout the hotel was trippy and transy (on repeat). Feel sorry for the staff that has to listen to it on a daily basis. 4 stars is a bit overrated for the standard of the hotel. The standard was definitely not worth the money we paid for which was 850zl for 3 nights. Extremely disappointed with the standard and service we had a chance to experience. Definitely not staying there again.

The only thing that the hotel benefits from is the spa. This was the only place I enjoyed being at (probably because it was brand new and well looked after).

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

A few of the staff were not friendly at all, no concept of customer service. We didnt feel comfortable to ask for anything as the staff rolled thier eyes when you asked for something. The Duvet in the room was yellow, with only 2 flat pillows. We booked this hotel based on the fact it has a "spa". The whole time we were there the spa was not fully operational. Steam room only on once in 5 days. Each time we whent down to the spa we were given foot towels as they didnt have any clean normal ones, only once were we offered a robe. In the femals changing room there was a dirty towel on the floor (the same towel) for our entire stay, this makes me assume that the changing rooms were not cleaned once. On a one occasion we whent down to the spa at 7pm and we were told by one member of staff that "the sauna and steam room was off as he was going home for the night, but we could use the pool". When we booked at said that there were only 2 rooms left in the hotel, however when we spoke to one member of staff they informed us that there were only 8 guests in the building. Breakfast was a bit of a shambles. Only on one occasion was it a good experience (when what appeared to be a male manager working). Food on the buffet was old and stale, only on one day was there hot food in the buffet, no milk one day, no butter the next. You pretty much had to ask for everything. On our last night we called down to reception to see if the restaurant was still open. The receptionist informed us that it was open untill 11pm. We when down just after 10pm all of the lights were off (closed). There was one member of staff moping the floor behing the bar. We asked if they were closed and he said "yes we are closing now". We then whent to speak to the lady on reception to see if there was somewhere else to eat and drink (that we didnt know about) and she said that the restaurant should be open.

The Loction was good and the manager (male) working the odd breakfast shift was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

The bead was in pored condition towels where almost grey not white the massage was not so relaxing was poor in hot tub was warm water not hot And I got sick from fish what I ate there and no dicaff coffee

I like little look of the Wellness spa but the quality massage was poor

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Very friendly and helpful staff , great location very good spa and swimming pool and most important very friendly for pets (I had 3 dogs) with me and there was no problem at all. I like hotel very much.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Got separate beds when I had chosen a double bed. Wifi stopped working at night. Hotel was understaffed.

Very close to the train station. Good wifi, when it works.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Range of items for b’fast very poor , bread of very poor quality

ambience cleanliness

• Twin/Double Room + Extra bed

It’s the place where history and modern design work extremely well. Like swimming pool and location,

Pool not available

Gym

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Breakfast options was very limited.

Location of the hotel was good.

The shower was broken, no warm water although te sink was OK, Staff in restaurant does not understand English well,

• Twin/Double Room + Extra bed

Broken jacuzzi swimming pool under maintenance (you can’t enter because they changing the filters) and definitely to expensive!!!

Asked for extra pillows as they were too soft and inadequate - i never got them. Water was cold in the shower after 2-3 minutes.

Air clim could not be shut down, so air during all night. Problem in their IT-System, so no possibility to get an invoice.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

I paid a different sum to the one showed before the booking.

I loved the swimming pool area (jacuzzi, sauna etc). The bed was very comfy too.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Dated

Comfortable

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

The new young people in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

The pool was great and the view from our room was nice Very good location

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

Not sure where to start but cleanliness was not there, nor comfort (I never slept on a white table cloth before until I visited, as the bed sheet) if you like using used towels here they are. 4 star hotel with no wifi connection unheard of. Room decor remind you of the late 80s. And yet with the latest version of the samsung flat screen. This was (in 2002) a 4 star hotel. management should start with this place all over again.

Free parking was the only up of this hotel

• Reviewed: 21 June 2015

Staff in the 4* hotel shall be more professional, one person at the front desk isn't sufficient, very poor wifi in the room, not enough tables at breakfast.

Location, spacious and good equipped room, parking lot.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Room was cold with ventilation that could not be controlled.

I loved the water feature with walkover bridge in reception area, spa was 5 star services, swimming pool was beautiful, felt like a millionaires mansion.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2015

Wifi rubbish Cleanliness of room Hotel in control of temperatures in bedrooms

Staff were very friendly and all spoke English Good food in restaurant. Free parking

• Reviewed: 30 March 2015

WIFI connection very, very slow making it almost impossible to perform normal navigation. For people that needs WIFI to perform videoconferences or simple watch online tv or movies, you can forget about it.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

The aerotherme in the room, no remote control for it

Nice breakfast, Good staff Clean and tidy

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

On arrival the booked type of room was unavailable.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2015

Wifi is getting worse every time I stay

Service good and staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2015

nort comfortable bed

restaurant

There are also 7 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.