Reviews of Hotel Senacki 4 stars

Grodzka 51, Old Town, 31-001 Kraków, Poland

#26 of 269 hotels in Kraków

9.8

• Double or Twin Room

No issue personally but if stairs are an issue don't have a room on 4th floor as lift only goes up to third floor.

Excellent location close both to the castle and the main square. All staff friendly, welcoming and accommodating throughout. Would recommend to anyone if looking to stay in Krakow

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was probably great for many Europeans, but there wasn't much we and other English guests could get excited about. Cornflakes and toast was about it for me.

Position was great for Old Town. View from our balcony was stunning. Staff were amazing, room 101 was best i've stayed in.

• Double or Twin Room

Location is excellent. Staff were wonderful. So friendly and helpful. Very efficient. The room very comfortable and spotlessly clean. Very good breakfast, spoilt for choice!

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful Hotel was comfortable and warm. Location very good. Airport transfer was arraigned by the hotel and everything was excellent. I would stay here again next time we come to Poland.

Nothing .. great stay

We had a suite which gave us seperate bedroom & lounge, both of which were clean and comfortable. The Ensuite with bath & overbath shower was clean and plenty of hot water. Bed very comfy. TV in both rooms can connect to separate memory stick but NO English channels. WIFI worked perfectly. Staff were great, helped us with maps and travel info e.g. printing timetables for trips to salt mine and Auschwitz. When our flight home was cancelled due to adverse (UK) weather, they quickly rebooked our room and sorted our taxi transfer etc. Location is brilliant ... all main sites within a few minutes (easy) walk. Bar / cafe attached does basic meals but so many restaurants nearby you'll be spoilt for choice. Anything in the square charges a premium but great place to sit & people watch. Side streets offer cheaper options. Hotel can also arrange tours but were equally happy to advise us 're. local transport so we could go independently which does save quite a bit. I would say read guidebooks and check maps so you know what you want to do ... there is a lot to see in the area. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Nice staff. Everything clean, orderly and efficient. Breakfast table gorgeous in beautiful renovated cellars. Good location in center of Krakow. Hotel took care of taxi and visit to Auschwitz. All as planned. Nothing to add, highly recommended.

• Double or Twin Room

we were here on an birthday weekend, the hotel had a cake in the room for me which was a lovely gesture on the day , Patrick on reception was so friendly and could not do enough for us in booking taxis to giving us all the information we needed to get around the beautiful city . we will certainly recommend it to others .

The cold wrap up !

Hotel is in a fantastic location. Five minutes to the main square. The staff went over and beyond to cater to our needs. Hotel is small and very personal. Highly recommend and will be returning. Krakow is most certainly in my top 5 European City breaks. I feel privileged to have had the opportunity to visit Auswitch. This is an experience I will never ever forget. We did the tour with discover Krakow. Our tour guide Aga was simply amazing.

The stay wasnt long enough

We like everything about this hotel! From staff, to our rooms, location and overall experience. Poland is a fun place with lots to see and do.

• Double or Twin Room

Needed a little air conditioning - however, I should have asked at the desk how to work it - as the information suggested.

Location is on the main street. Breakfasts were excellent. Concierge very informative. Room - great size bathroom Evening meal in sister hotel fabulous.

• Double or Twin Room

Room a bit tired, one curtain missing. Wifi range wasn't very good.

Fantastic location as you are within walking distance of most things - just off the main square, and 5 minutes to the castle. Very nice breakfast in exciting cellars Comfy and clean beds. Staff were very helpful.

Nothing to improve

We liked everything about the hotel, the breakfast was fantastic, and the girl working in the breakfast area was always smiling which was a great start to my day, she always gave me ice for my juice with a big smile. We had room 101 which was brilliant we had our own balcony I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Well done senaki.

We had to come home

The staff were Friendly & very helpful I honestly couldn’t praise then enough. The hotel was better than I could have hoped for it’s a beautiful building and the room had everything you could ask for and more. The location is in the heart of the old town . And less than a 5 Minute walk from everything you would want to see. We will be going back.

• Double or Twin Room

Fabulous location, minutes from the central square. Hotel staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble for them. Breakfast was a great selection of cold and hot food. Room was spacious and well equipped. Bed comfortable, plenty of storage space. Bathroom was large and toiletries etc topped up. Can't fault this hotel. Would definitely stay there again and recommend it to others.

• Double or Twin Room

The only down side was the basement bar the staff could of explained the alcohol on the list as I don't find the difference between a Bacardi and Diet Coke and a cubra libre also on the Saturday night the bar was closed.

Overall the hotel was well sited in Krakow and easy to get around from.

• Suite

The tea and coffee making was not to our liking the milk and tea bags were not what we used too. I wished we did more research into the shower my partner had trouble stepping into the bath/shower!

Excellent location bed comfortable room a good size!

Rooms to the street are very noisy in the night due to many persons coming back from their nightly entertainment until 4am

Very friendly and helpful staff

• Double or Twin Room

We were originally booked into a room on the 4th floor under the eaves. My husband found it very claustrophobic so after one night we asked to change. Staff were very amenable and moved us to the first floor which we found much better.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Location was great - not far from the Market Square, nor from the Castle and Cathedral. Lovely church opposite that did hour long classic music recitals. Plus a great mix of individual musicians would perform outside - could hear from our room which was lovely.

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing really to complain about. The price for guarded parking nearby is 80 pr day. However, the hotel gave us this information in advance, so there was no surprise.

Great location - just 2 minutes to the Market Squere, and lots of restaurants near by. Quiet room . Very cosy breakfast restaurant. Breakfast OK. Helpful personell at reception. They were answering my questions on e-mail without delay before arrival. I would like to stay here again.

• Double or Twin Room

The only negative was the noise from the main street. If you like fresh air leaving the window open at night is hampered by the hooligans outside. It's nice to go to sleep to the strains of classical music but not beat box sing-alongs by intoxicated people who can't sing. Despite this I would stay here again.

It's proximity to many sights which were in walking distance such as Wawel, the old Jewish town and Schindler's factory. Breakfast in the cellar was quaint and wholesome. The property is small - 20 rooms - so the service is intimate. The rooms were a comfortable size and had all the amenities needed. It was easy to pre-book a tour to Auschwitz and taxis through the hotel. Staff were always friendly and helpful, assisting us to book train tickets to Warsaw.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff is outstanding, always helpful and friendly, great breakfast, and for the smokers (like myself) there is a balcony in each floor with 2 chairs where we can have a nice smoke.

No complaints whatsoever.

Location was perfect, in Old Town Krakow equal distance from Wawel Castle and the Main Market. Lots of activity on the street in front of the hotel, but could not hear any noise even though we were facing the street.

• Double or Twin Room

The location and the size of the room were excellent. The person on the front desk when we checked in was really good - welcoming, friendly, helpful and kind (that's important when traveling with young children!) but sadly, he only worked one day when we were there. The other front desk staff were fairly rude and always aloof, even patronizing when I asked questions (for example, about setting up a tour to the Salt Mines...I set up a fantastic one through another place since the hotel's staff were so unhelpful). The room was a great size but it was disappointing that the fire escape where people smoked was right outside our room. We had to keep the window closed (it was a hot weekend) because of the smoke and the noise of people chatting or talking on their mobile phones. Of course, we can live with that during the day but at night people tended to talk more loudly and stayed out there drinking and laughing while my kids and I were trying to sleep. It was annoying. The location was fantastic and I loved being in more of an old building than many of the chain hotels, however the bed had plastic undersheets (awful noise when you move!) and really old, lumpy pillows! I understand it's going to be renovated soon and I hope these will be replaced as it's time! Overall, I will definitely look around for different hotels next time but I will also consider this one again due to its location and architecture...and I'll know about the smoking on the fire escape and know to request to change to a quieter room when the friendly receptionist is working! Thank you.

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel Senacki is a full-blown luxury hotel. We stayed in a suite, with windows that opened onto the street. Each night, a classical musician stationed themselves in front of the church across the street. A couple of nights, a cellist, a couple of nights a guitarist, each night a beautiful serenade. Accommodations were first class. Large comfortable bed, "rain" shower head. Krakow is enchanting and the Hotel Senacki is in the middle of the old town. Lots of history and beautiful buildings, delicious restaurants, and as a bonus, a DRAGON under the castle. What's not to love?

• Suite

Very helpful staff,our room was very comfortable a little Street noise but the view more than compensated for this.101 with balcony. A large choice for breakfast with eggs cooked to order. No hesitation in recommending this hotel.

The cabinet in the room was too small. Staying there 9 nights, had no room to put my clothes

The location of the Hotel near the main Krakow market and near the Wavel is excellent. The stuff is super friendly and responded quickly and efficiently to all my requests. Very clean Hotel in a Historic building

• Double or Twin Room

There was nothing I did not like about the place

Excellent service from the staff, nothing was too much trouble. Fantastic location and good value for money

A restaurant on the premises perhaps would have been nice, but there are scores of restaurants all around.

Breakfast was excellent, the staff very attentive, location couldn't be better. Particularly good for foreign guests. Reception personnel very helpful in getting information and giving directions in fluent English. My room was on the smaller side, but comfortable as well as a very comfortable bed. Large bathroom.

• Double or Twin Room

Not sure whether large square pillows are traditional but would have preferred smaller rectangular type.

The overall feel of the property - staircase and landings were spacious with plenty of room in the double bedroom, not cluttered with high ceiling giving plenty of airiness. Brilliant bathroom with yet again plenty of space with a large excellent shower cubicle. Copious supply of really hot water. Well stocked refrigerated mini-bar and usual tea/coffee making facilities. Good choice at the breakfast bar with freshly fried eggs and omelettes available upon request.

• Double or Twin Room

Location, service quick check in/out. Information and help. Reception staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast plenty of choice and good optional extras if you wanted an omeltte or poached fried eggs you could order on the same morning. Free cup of coffee on the afternoons if you wanted, Bar 7-9pm. They also offfered to book trips.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

A lovely hotel in an excellent position, on the main street in Krakow within extremely easy walking distance of the castle in one direction and the main square in the other. There are quite a number of really good restaurants within 10 minutes walk. We had a room on the first floor with a balcony, very comfortable bed and plenty of space. There was plenty of choice at breakfast; all the usual..cereals, breads, cold cuts, some cooked choices, juices and tea, coffee. Would definitely recommend.

More tea coffee and milk would have been helpful, but when requested it wasn't a problem.

Traditional room, high ceilings, lovely decor. Staff so helpful. Knock on door 9am and a surprise birthday cake got husband Hreat selection for breakfast. Perfect location.

• Double or Twin Room

The mattress topper for my bed kept sliding off (THIS IS NIT PICKING) other than that I liked everything about my stay. There was a lack of counter space for the bathroom sink area.

Exceptionally friendly staff who spoke English. Location is convenient to walk all around the old town. Great breakfast in the quaint cellar with a variety of hot and cold food. The coffee machine made delicious cappuccino and cafe latte. Very good insulated windows for my room that faced the street. Some people have noted that the walls between rooms were too thin and they were disturbed by their neighbors. I did not have any noisy neighbors and my stay was acceptably quite. I loved my stay for three nights.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Restaurant take last order at 21.00. When travel on business dinner may be delayed.

Great location in Old Town close to touristic landmarks. Good restaurants in the proximity.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Breakfast, would like to have choice of cereals, toast, more selection of English tea I.e earl gray

Location, hotel organised transport from hotel, books tours for us which was brilliant. Bed comfy, quiet street, brilliant staff who spoke good English

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing very helpful staff.

The hotel was excellent, lovely and clean, the bedroom spacious the only downfall I asked for a bath and we got a shower however they did offer to move us to their sister hotel but we stayed and pleased we did as the location was excellent nice and central for everything. Breakfast was excellent plenty of choice and well presented. We enjoyed happy hour on the evening when cocktails, wine and beer were two for one , would definitely recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing could have been better. We couldn't find fault with anything.

Comfortable spacious room. Excellent, efficient, helpful and friendly staff. Nothing was too much trouble. A warm and generous welcome. We loved the location just a few minutes from the Main Square and castle. We also really enjoyed the setting opposite St Peter and St Paul Church with the beautiful cello music that was played outside each evening. It was a fabulous holiday

• Double or Twin Room

There was nothing we didn't like about this hotel. Absolutely loved our stay there and would go back. Our rooms were on the top floor which had limited views of the street but this was compensated by the wonderful sounds of distant music and horses' hooves floating in from outside.

The hotel is ideally situated for both the Main Square and the Castle. The staff were very friendly and efficient, the rooms large and well appointed and the breakfast was perfect for our needs. I would strongly recommend this hotel as a great place to stay for a few days in Krakow.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

There was nothing I didn't like!

First and foremost, the lovely staff who were helpful from booking to check-out. The location between the main square and the Jewish quarter is superb. The bedroom, bed and bathroom were each comfy and stocked with everything you may need.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was exceptionally clean. Fantastic location, hotel is the whole package- couldn't fault it. Staff helpful and friendly. Breakfast excellent and different things to choose everyday Used their airport transfer service - top notch!!

The breakfasts. 1. British are not used to salads for breakfast. 2. No brown sugar!

I don't normally sleep very well in another bed. Here was different; slept like a baby, so comfy! Beautiful Hotel.Close to the main square. Sit outside the church opposite the Hotel. Andy Grabowski beautiful classical violinists.

• Double or Twin Room

Everything! Hotel ideally placed for exploring the central city sights on foot, breakfasts very good, staff very helpful and informative, lovely room.....

• Double or Twin Room

Inget vi störde oss på, men bra att veta: Hissen gick inte ända upp till fjärde våningen.

- Hotellet låg väldigt bra till, på en av huvudgatorna i gamla stan, men inte bland alla barer - så det var lugnt utanför hotellet. - Ca 5-10 minuters promenad till alla sevärdheter i gamla stan. - Mycket trevlig personal. - Bra frukost - Mycket bra städning (jag är extremt petig kring städning) - Mycket fräscha rum (också något jag är petig med) - T.o.m. heltäckningsmattan i rummet och i korridoren såg väl underhållna ut. Vi passade på att åka till Auschwitz-Birkenau samt Wieliczka (saltgruvan) och blev upphämtade precis utanför dörren på hotellet. Mycket proffsigt och mycket trevliga guider. Gamla stan i Krakow är också väldigt väl städad, man ser i princip inget skräp på gatorna och det finns gott om soppkorgar.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

This was easily my favourite hotel on my recent trip to Eastern Europe. Staff was so friendly, and the whole hotel was so fresh and clean. Not a thing looked worn, my room was so comfortable and above average size. Location couldn't be beat. I was on the top floor facing the street, the sunrise view of the church across the street was so lovely.

• Double or Twin Room

The location of the hotel is fantastic, it is close to the town square with the castle behind it. The breakfast was plentiful, large clean room and staff are very helpful. I can't recommend Hotel Senacki highly enough.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Just one little disappointment with the breakfast restaurant. The coffee served was very week, even expresso not better. The selection for breakfast buffet not bad but many items in buffet itself were missing serving utensils.

This hotel is a prime location in the heart of Old Town and just a shot walk to Wawel Castle. Beautifully restored old house with a breakfast restaurant/bar in the medieval basement with the old arches and walls. Great! Room facing the street very comfortably furnished.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

My single room was kinda small but by all means - you are not there to stay in the room,.

Location gets full score! At least if you wanna be close to main square. The hotel holds a high standard and breakfast is located in cosy cellar. Breakfast is very good with a variety of all you need. Although the hotels location you are not disturbed by noise from the street or nearby bars etc. Highly recommended!

The pillows weren't very good

Bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. Location very good and staff very helpful. There was a problem with the shower and by the time I came back to the hotel it was fixed.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

One wall to our bedroom appeared only on be a stud wall so sound carried through.

Comfortable and very convenient. Close to the main square but in a slightly quieter spot.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Grey thin towels (not 4*). Breakfast quite good if you are early but nothing replenished so pretty unappetising at 9.55. Our room smelt like a smoker had occupied it before us and they had used strong deodorant to get rid of the smell. Maybe just our bad luck.

Convenient location. Friendly staff. Airport taxi transfer arranged by the hotel was very reasonable and worked well. Day trips can however be booked much cheaper in the tourist office across the road from the hotel (they also do a very good cash exchange rate).

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

There was nothing that I disliked about this hotel

Excellent breakfast Lift Very helpful and attentive staff Position perfect for visiting the city and good transport links to other areas

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Suite

Excellent hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The room we stayed in was large, well equipped, very comfortable and immaculately clean nice. The hotel is located in the old town, an ideal location from which to explore the sights and sounds in and around Krakow. Highly recommended hotel and will certainly be staying again the next time we visit Krakow!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The room was not very soundproof. The bed mattress a bit hard.

The location! The hotel areas and room were small but very nice. Very good breakfast (with the exception of the scrambled eggs).

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

At first we were given a room in the attic on the fourth floor with tiny low windows so we asked to swop, which we did.The breakfast was poorer quality than in previous years. The muesli was cheap and poor quality. The bread was not fresh. The coffee from the machine was not nice.

The room on the third floor was nice.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was just ok, but it was included in the rate.

The location was perfect --- walking distance to everything. The staff was awesome and helped us book multiple tours prior to our stay. Everything was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Suite

Ideal central location near beautiful restaurants and sites. Room very comfortable and spacious.Extensive Breakfast. Reception staff extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Superb location for walking to main square & castle. Good choice of breakfast in cave type dining room. Reception staff especially 'Christopher' extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

We asked for a big bed and we had 2 individual beds gathered together.

Excellent location, between Wawel castle and the Rynek. Nice and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Both rooms, we got, had only with a small window directed to courtyard with an elevator, quite dark rooms. The rooms could also be cleaner, carpets were dirty. Uncomfortable bed (very soft).

Located in the very city centre between the Main Square and the Wawel Castle - great location. The breakfast was very good, large offer of various meals. The staff also very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Absolutely nothing to complain about!

Décor excellent, breakfast lush, rooms/beds comfy. Staff exceptionally helpful and friendly. Perfectly situated for Market Square/Castle.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Suite

All good A couple of English channels on the TV would be good but not important

Staff really helpful and polite Nothing too much trouble Location perfect

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

No real dislikes! Lift only goes to 3rd floor so stairs up to the 4th floor, but there was help with your luggage if you needed it. Air conditioning switched off in winter - our room was warm and as we prefer a cooler temperature to sleep we would have used the air conditioning if it had been available - instead we just opened the windows - so no big deal!

Location was great, 5 minutes to both the main market square and in the other direction to the castle. Staff very friendly and helpful, booked excursions etc. Room and hotel spotlessly clean. We had a 4th floor room at the front, room quiet , warm and comfortable and had tea and coffee making facilities. Breakfast in basement medieval cellar rooms was great, good choice of hot and cold food, fruit and pastries and gluten free bread for me! A lovely hotel in a great location, friendly helpful staff, comfy room and great beakfast what more could you want for a short holiday?! We'd definitely stay here again if we return to Krakow

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Located on a quiet pedestrian oriented street halfway between the Jewish Quarter and Old Town, the location of Hotel Senacki is ideal. I stayed for four nights on the fourth floor in a loft-style room that was spacious, cozy, charming and comfortable. There were two radiators that enable you to regulate the temperature to your comfort. The breakfast buffet serves fresh and delicious cereals, meats, fish and cheeses. There is an espresso/latte machine. The staff can arrange tours and is very helpful. Hotel Senacki enhanced my stay in Krakow and I would not hesitate to book there again.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I hated asking for the key (& returning it) when I wanted to use the lobby toilet. Why do you have to go into the restaurant pick up a gross key? That was definitely the worst bit about staying at the hotel. Whose idea was that?

Reception staff were kind, extremely helpful & friendly. All the staff were super efficient & super friendly. Breakfast was tasty with a choice of hot & cold food. Senacki Hotel was super clean! It was in a wonderful location. I would love to stay here again.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Lovely hotel, excellent location staff were very friendly and extremely helpful couldn't fault a thing the breakfast was fab , spoilt for choice ! I would definitely recommend and would stay again if we returned to Kraków

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Bar wasnt open the evenings we stayed. But given the location this was not really an issue - would have beenn nice to have a drink in the celar one evening though.

Great hotel right in the centre of the old town. Comfortable beds, great breakfasts, helpful staff. Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Nice and reasonable breakfast in a tiny room. The gym was not working.

Overall a nice hotel in the old city, but it does not worth the 9.1 Booking grade that made me book it.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

sh have more plug converters (which they kindly obtained for me from sister hotel), but why not stock up on the universal adaptors?

location, quaint hotel, cute breakfast area in cellar, good bf service

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Small improvements: coffee machine at breakfast was temperamental, working fine and one day and not the next! More milk in the room for tea/coffee would be nice too (only 1 small tub provided daily and kept having to ask for more).

Lovely hotel in a beautiful street of the old town of Krakow within 5 minutes walk of the Castle and the main market square. Room was lovely and very comfortable with tea, coffee etc provided. Breakfast choice was good. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

The bed mattress cover under the sheet made an rustling sound, which disturbed my sleep. This should be a problem easily fixed with another type of product.

Excellent location!

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast room was a bit tight for space.

Staff were very helpful. Lovely rooms and good food at breakfast. Within easy walking distance of many places to visit.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I didnt like the waterproof mattress cover, and the beds were too soft but thats my personal opinion.

The hotel was really central, spotlessly clean, staff were really friendly and extremely helpful. Breakfast was plentiful and the rooms a good size.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing at all negative about this hotel.

Excellent location - away from the crowds and noise, yet close to the major attractions. Small, very clean hotel with a wonderful and friendly staff. Great breakfast and room price - no wonder they are always booked up.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

beautiful building in a beautiful surrounding. Literally 3 minutes walk from the royal castle in one direction and the main market square in the opposite. And surrounded by magnificent little hidden bars and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom noise (shower, toilet) of neighboring rooms (6:30 on Sunday morning) Door banging No Bathrobes Not really 4Star Hotel.... Bed very uncomfortable (hard as a rock) when fitted with double bed topper

Great Location in the Heart of Kraków. Friendly Staff & very helpful