Reviews of Guest Rooms Kosmopolita

ul. Długa 29, Old Town, 31-147 Kraków, Poland

#860 of 1,434 Holiday rentals in Kraków

Awful

Too expensive for a night where we could not sleep because of the noise at 4am from the breakfast room. And at 7am people from the staff were talking at our door.

only the location which was convenient.

Overall an excellent stay a basic room beds very comfy rooms clean

In considerate people making a noise late at night Very warm weather room was very stuffy

This is the first time a hotel has given me gluten free bread and fresh bottled water staff very helpful and polite

Very good location.

Breakfast was with not fresh products, room cleaner worked very bad, forgot to change soup, towels, the room with broken door and thin walls....

Very good location.

Lovely Location.

Only minor things such as not really having out sugar and tea filled up everyday and when the cleaner wanted to clean the room she didn't bother knocking just opened the door. However when she realised we are still in she apologies for it and walked out. Having no aircon was a struggle considering it was 30°C everyday during our stay.

Lovely location very close to the town centre which made it this much easier to navigate around the city. The room was very spacious more than enough space for the 3 of us. Breakfast was sufficient enough to get us by till next meal. Will happily go back there.

Excellent value for money in a great location

Cannot fault anything really

Very helpful staff, very clean and comfortable , decent breakfast and only 10 mins walk to Railway Station and 5 minutes walk to main square.

Very pleased with Hotel as a whole. Ideal for a short break to Krakow.

No Guest lounge or bar facilities. Little signage on the outside of the property to identify the Hotel.

Friendly staff and a very good breakfast. Only 10 mins walk from the Old Town. Ideal for a two or three night stay in Krakow. Bed was very comfy.

Absolutely nothing was a problem.

Absolutely nothing was a problem. Perfect breakfast, perfect staff, everything very secure , great price. I hope I visit these kind of objects more and more in the future.

A fair deal leading to a pleasant holiday.

A maintenance person, to fix up the daily small mishaps would be a great asset to this guest house. Eg. - I did not like the daily problems with the coffee machine a the breakfast room. I did not like the fact that my shower glass occasionally disconnected from its railings. These are little things which should NOT be left to be noticed by the guests.

The location was formidable. Almost equidistant from the Main Train Station and the Main Square. Very quiet and safe area. Lots of wedding dress shops along the street. The breakfast was more than acceptable considering the room rates paid. The room was also very spacious, almost the size of a flatlet. All of the staff spoke very good English and were very helpful, whenever I asked anything.

Room itself cosy and comfortable. Good modern bathroom but noisy neighbours spoiled the peace.

There seems to be little noise insulation between rooms; I was disturbed by person in the next room coughing constantly throughout the night (who could clearly be heard) and from very noisy neighbours in the corridor (a large group) who made talking on the telephone (in my own room!) difficult. Perhaps there could be signs for guests to be more considerate of other guests in the corridors of rooms.

Good breakfast choice each morning; proper coffee, easy self-service buffet, choice of hot and cold food and fresh fruit - all much appreciated

Lovely stay!

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Kosmopolita. Best value for our money! The room was spacious enough and clean. Liked it that they use quality toilet paper. ;) The location was perfect, very near to shops and the old town. And breakfast was really good! They packed some food for us because we had to leave early. They also helped with booking tours. Thanks!

Recommendable accommodation - clean, perfect location, great breakfast

A little bit noisy from the street.

Great location, staff was very helpful. Nice and clean room, enough space. Breakfast was perfect, very good selection, great coffee. Just perfect for that price.

Krakow' s Best

The only thing that bothered us was on our last night, there were some noisey residents who kept us awake, but someone told them to be quiet and they did, thankfully, so we got to sleep.

Comfortable beds, warm room, good breakfast. Great location too.

It's worth stopping

Creaky floor

Rich breakfast Is located in Old Town,near to marketplace and train station Helpfull staff- early morning I had to leaved hotel becouse I had my plane and I got a breakfast packet!😊

Great location, clean room, good breakfast

good variety of breakfast options available. great location. spacious bathroom. coffee/tea+kettle available in the room with free bottled water provided. checkout till 12.

Excelent option!

When we leave we couldnt do the check out. We were a little worried because we didn t eant to leave like we didn t pay!

Very well located , people nice and amazing breakfast!!i would stay again in this place.

Would stay again

Shower was not very hot

Receptionist was so helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Great location for walking to the Old Town. Number 18 tram stops right outside hotel

A terrific family owned business.

I liked everything.

Everything was wonderful. Staff were all outstanding. Breakfast was plentiful with enough different foods to keep it interest. I'll be back!

10mn walk to Rynek, Friendly Staff, Cosy Room.

The only thing i have to say is that there're were no organic choices at breakfast, (although great coffee and everything was very good) and the milk is from animal origins. I would loved to have had my organic soy milk (or another option from non-animal origin).

Good breakfast, clean warm rooms and specially the ECOcert amenities in the bathroom.

Pleasant 1-night stay in Krakow :)

Room is quite small but it was fine for a one-night stay and we had all needed amenities.

Location was excellent, very close to train station and center! Breakfast offered a very nice variety. Very clean room and bathroom. Comfortable bed :)

Close to main train station and city center.

Wooden floor that made noise as you were walking- could even hear the steps of neighboring room resident. Not really annoying as you can get used to it.

Close to main train station and city center. Good breakfast, warm room, good WiFi, coffee tea water in the room as well as shampoo shower gel. Renovated bathroom.

Location is good.

Although heating system was working well, room was a little bit cold in January. But I have stayed in a 4 star hotel at the same dates and room had similar temperature. I think Polish people get used to it.

Location is good. It is important to be closer to main railway station for tourists in Krakow. Also very close to the old town area. Breakfast is better than expected compared to the hotels of same level. Room is clean and comfortable. I stayed in a room not facing to the street and there were no noise. There is a small market adjacent to the hotel, you can buy snacks and drinks from there. Area seems safe.

Clean room, good location (close to the Old Town), nice...
    • Quadruple Room

Bad ligths in the room, cold water in the shower in the evening, a little but lower tempeture in room (we stayed here in december, but don’t worry, it wasn’t frozen). For breakfast we missed mixed eggs and more options to choose, but otherwise everything tasted good.

Clean room, good location (close to the Old Town), nice personal. During the Saint Nicolaus’s night we found out a sweet on our beds :) that was really nice suprise :)

Really enjoyed this Hotel,everything was perfect including breakfast,price was reasonable.

Hotel is located on 2nd Floor,The entrance area smells a bit of poor ventilation but is of big contrast to the hotel itself,I think if this was remedied it would be in the Hotels interest.

Good quality Hotel,well priced,easy access to main market,comfortable bed very clean room,great shower tea/coffee facility,I stayed here in late November 2017,would stay again.

Great location, value for money and breakfast was good.

Ideal location, 5 minute walk from the main square. Beds were really comfy and the twin room was great value for money with breakfast. Would definitely recommend and stay again.

Excellent 4 day weekend in Krakow.

Excellent location, near the old town area but away from the busy traffic areas. Super local restaurants near by. The staff was super friendly and very helpful with recommendations on places to eat.

Great Accommodation in a great location. Lovely staff and a good breakfast.

Everything Perfect.

Great location close to the old town and easy to access the train station. The staff were lovely. The place was kept very clean. Good breakfast.

On the whole I was pleased, but I feel that what I have mentioned needs to be addressed.

Greater care needs to be paid to cleanliness, particularly with regard to ensuring that sinks are cleaned properly every day. A relatively small thing; cup sizes need to be more closely matched to portions of coffee which are poured from the coffee making machine. The absence of a small refrigerator and safe in the room, if rectified, would provide a general enhancement.

Breakfast was fine. Perfectly adequate choice of things to eat. The room was comfortable. Wifi worked well. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The provision of a packed meal when having to leave the hotel prior to the scheduled breakfast time was a very important plus point.

A comfortable and enjoyable stay

The only thing my husband missed was an English tv channel.

Location, cleanliness, tea and coffee in room. Bottled water and soft drinks also provided free of charge. Very helpful staff.

Thanks to the nice guy at reception firstly, as I am not so...

My room was by the street side, so it was really noisy when the tram comes.

Thanks to the nice guy at reception firstly, as I am not so familiar with the road to hotel, it was midnight when I reached. The facility of the hotel is really old, but it is clean and the tram to down town and railway station is convienient.

Take photos of your room before you leave

Staff were awful rude and charged us for tear in a chair that we didn't even use! We left our suitcases in reception to go back to pick up for our flight and the lady on reception charged us 500 zlotys for a tear in a chair she got police and was gonna keep us there until we gave the money over! We didn't even use the chair! I wish I took pictures before I left safe to say I will everywhere I go know. It's a shame cos the room was lovely but theres also no reception after 10pm so If u lose ur key u can't get in! I went back to the guest house early one night forgetting my dad had my key and I couldn't get in I had to. OK into another hotel!

The new rooms are lovely

Very enjoyable. Great location for old town and railway station.

Bathroom floor did get a bit wet after showering. Drain doesn't seem efficient enough but nit a major issue.

Very nice spacious modern room with walk in shower and kitchenette.

Great location and delicious breakfast!

The location is great- 10 minutes walk to the train station and less than 10 minutes to Main Market Plaza. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I was able to book tours through them. The breakfast was delicious. On the last day there, I missed the hot breakfast because I left early in the morning, but the staff made sure I had a breakfast to-go. Rooms were comfortable and water pressure great!

I loved the town and the tour preparations by the staff made it even more enjoyable

I left the bath mat on the floor to be changed as it was dirty and everyday it was just folded and put by the shower

The convenience to the city centre. Breakfast was great and the dining room beautifully set. Staff very helpful even before I arrived. They sent out tour options and organised all.

Nice and comfy - highly recommended

The bed mattress was a bit old but again not a serious issue. The tram passing by the hotel day and night might be an issue for those that sleep lightly. Noisy neighbours are again a matter of luck, you could get them anywhere!

An old apartment building converted in a hotel, a very good choice marginally outside the hustle of the city centre. The staff was professional and the breakfast satisfactory. Highly recommended and good value for money.

It is a very very good location for old town walks.
    • Quadruple Room

The windows where by the street. It was a feeling that you get hit by a tram in every two minutes when tram passed the building. It is enourmous sound and you can not close windows as it is hot then.

It is a very very good location for old town walks.

Highly recommended!

The street is quite noisy. When we arrived the shower gel was finished in our room (special container) and during the stay it was not refilled.

Excellent service, very friendly staff. We were leaving the hotel before the breakfast hours and they prepared a breakfast package for us to take! Super sweet. Very good location

The place was amazing, well Krakow itself and the Town...

The place was amazing, well Krakow itself and the Town Centre is amazing. Breakfast was wonderful, the staff helpful, and the location convenient. Check it out !

Great place to stay

Matresses were uncomfy, i suffer wirh a bad back and found it uncomfortable.

Central location. Clean value for money. Would recommend to anyone. We would definately return here. A nice selection at breakfast. Helpful reception staff.

Great Value Good Location!

Not to have a 24hour receptionist on duty in case of needing a Dr or for instance the electric went off and the receptionist had to come and turn a key in order for electric to be reinstated. If that had happened with no member of staff to assist could be a dangerous situation and lead to accidents.We suggested each room be given an emergency phone number and a list of Drs names and phone numbers.

Friendly and efficient staff-nothing too much trouble.

Good clean room, centrally located

Very basic breakfast not very good but cheap price didn't expect very much was just ok but nice coffee!

Basic clean room. Comfy beds. Good central location

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Low budget, good guest house

The beds were all singles, although a double room was booked. The mattress was one of the 'holiday' foam type, so not so comfortable and very hot. The shower room was small, but adequate. The room rather dated, but clean.

The property was an easy level walk to the centre of Kraków, where there was numerous facilities, park, beautiful buildings, museums, etc. The buffet breakfast was excellent, lots of variety of foods and plenty of it. The staff were very helpful indeed. There is a lift in the building which was a great asset.

Close to amenities

Curtains were light needed to be backed to block out light. Fridge would have been useful. Also an English language news channel like sky or CNN would be good

Bed comfortable

The staff know what a great customer service is.

Didn't find any 😁

The staff know what a great customer service is. Price and quality really meet in this place. The location is really nice, the Town Hall Square about 800 meters as well as the largest shopping mall in Krakow. Bardzo dziękuję personelowi You are an important part of the traveler's journey to success 😊

The location was good and a good 10 minutes walk to the...

The location was good and a good 10 minutes walk to the main market square there is public transportation to most locations,but if you don't mind walking,then you'll save some money and you good to go.By the way if you want to go to Schindler 's factory,go on a Monday it free.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Scrambled egg at breakfast, but only on one day.

Beds were not very clean, other people's hair down side of bed.. Sheets were a lot to be desired, supposed to be white but were a grey colour. They will only make up your bed if you have nothing on it. Apart from checking in, we never saw any staff apart from the waitress's at breakfast who never spoke to us at all. Quite a bad smell in the lift... Could have done with extra pillars.

Scrambled egg at breakfast, but only on one day...

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Good hotel with reasonable price

The location of the hotel is good, easy to walk from train and bus station, and easy to walk into old town. The price is reasonable, provided comfortable room with breakfast in affordable price.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Stay here

I feel I should have stayed longer to get a feel for the place

This is a budget accommodation, but that doesn't mean you are going to miss out on much, you don't get frills, but what you do get is what matters, a good location, the staff were really friendly and helpful,they recommended good value restaurants and organized a a taxi to the airport for me, the room was big enough,it was clean, the beds comfortable and I think a lot of locals were staying there, which tells me it is good value.Do yourself a favour,stay here!

5 nights Easter break.

If you weren't out of your room when they came round they did not come back.

There was no noise only by the trams which you got used too. Breakfast was good.

Staff was friendly and helpful!

Staff was friendly and helpful! We asked for a lot of travel advice and she gave us great tips! The hotel had a nice, historic feeling. It was an easy walk to the town center. It was quiet and calm. The breakfast was very good, a classic mix of warm and cold continental selection.

For one night ok, more than that find something else.

The shower could use better cleaning (it was really bad). You can here everything that goes on on the hall so if someone is there you can not sleep. The door had like 1cm gap so the light from the hall were shinning into our room all night

Location is good, you can walk anywhere Staff at the reception was friendly

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Brilliant place to stay

The Hotel is located in the old Town 10 minutes walk from the main attraction. The reception team was great especially Agnieszka, she answered all our questions and also booked us for an Auschwitz-Birkenau tour which you should see once you are in Krakków. The tour is about 6-7 hours which including a transfer from the hotel to Auschwitz and back to the hotel with a private guide during the tour. It’s definitely worth it to visit. Our room was clean and comfortable also our room rate was including breakfast with lots of choices. There is a trump stop next to the hotel you can buy 24 or 48 hours ticket which you can use all the buses and trumps in the Town. If you do not want spend too much on food we recommend to eat in the Jewish area Kazimierz. Excellent traditional Polish cousin restaurants with friendly prices. We stayed few places before but the Kosmopolita better than some 4 stars hotel. So Thank you very much for the Kosmopolita staff to make our stay fantastic. We highly recommend to stay in this hotel while you are in Krakków

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

PErfect place for exploring Krakow

The location is perfect! An easy reach to the heart of the old town. The staff is extremely friendly and client-oriented. We got stuck crossing the customer service and they waited for us to arrive. In love with this place and will definitely stay here again!

Newly upgraded rooms, impeccable and qualitative breakfast,...

I would recommend some better solution for double bed (instead of attaching two single bed). There is an uncomfortable nick in the middle of the bed. It is not a negative comment because everything was so fine. Its just recommendation.

Newly upgraded rooms, impeccable and qualitative breakfast, well-skilled and soo helpful receptionist ladies. I was so surprised (in the good mode) to get this for such little prize. I havent been so satisfied with accomodation for years. Congratulation and thanks a lot!

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Value for money, might stay here again when I have a chance to come back to Krakow!

- The room is a little bit dark, even I turn on all the light. - Breakfast is good, but has few varieties of foods.

- Location is near the old town centre. - Staff is friendly and helpful. - The room has enough facilities, especially the electric kettle with bottle of water and tea - coffee.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Everything was great, the hotel is less than 10 minutes walk...

Everything was great, the hotel is less than 10 minutes walk from the historic center, the city is amazing, the staffs are extremely polite and helpful, the hotel arranges tours throughout the city and surrounding area and the breakfast is simply wonderful. I have no complaints and I will definitely return.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Awesome hotel in Krakow.

NA

Very helpful and friendly staffs. The best across all the Europe country. We got extra heater without additional charges. The staffs are very considerate and always with a cheerful smile.

Half a mile from Main Square

Restrictions with reception opening hours, but they can be flexible if required.

Location is good as long as you will get one of the back rooms (trams are a bit noisy).

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Ask for a quiet room - Value-for-money guest room

-Despite the fact that the room was clean,there are details that have to be watched out, as the hair to the hole of the shower. -Unfortunately,we were unlucky as around us there were a group of school teenagers and during day and night they slammed the doors and yelling to each other.In addition to the absence of soundproof , it was a nightmare for us!For that reason,the reception has to predict that things when they select the rooms to their guests. -Wooden and wavy floor that could be a little annoying at times.

-Spacious room at 3rd floor. -Good heating and large bathroom.All toiletries as reserved. -Very gentle personnel. -10 min. on feet to Old City of Krakow.Next to tram station. -Excellent breakfast with variety of things to eat/drink. -Welcoming water and tea to our room were acceptable. -Top value-for-money for our 2 day stay.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Nice and cosy

Very nice and cosy place to stay in Krakow, room was spacy and clean, bathroom was equiped with hair dryer. For breakfast there was variety of food - everyone will find something for eat. It is pretty close to the city, just around 10 minutes of walking.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Comfortable and good value for money!

The breakfast was rather basic but adequate. I would always prefer cold milk with cereal, but that is just my preference.

The Hotel was quieter than expected, even though the trams run right alongside. There is a lift, which makes life much easier! The room was very comfortable, bathroom clean and spacious. And, best of all, tea and coffee making facilities!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

good location

corridors a bit noisy in the morning,due to people going to the small breakfast room.we asked to keep the room on for an extra 4 hours and they wanted to charge for a full night,we are 2 elderly men and have stayed here 3 times,,very dissapointed at that,as the room was not booked..

location,breakfast,

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

Very quite and helpful staff.

The bed mattress is a sponge and bed spread was for a single bed although our bed was a double one. bathroom floor has to be washed daily. No hot chocolate was available during breakfast.

Very quite and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

cheap and cheerful

no communal space...no lounge/sitting area/ outside sitting space

good value,great location, 10 minutes walk from main square and railway station, friendly staff, clean and comfortable room, breakfast included in rate. Perfect for a 1 or 2 night stay if you intend to be out and about for most of the day.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Affordable accommodations in a central location

The street car below begins running around 6 am. Conversations and carousing on the street carry. Getting a cross breeze in summer can be a feat. I had no problem, but a "fluffy" person would with the small shower.

There is a lift, which helps when you are on the 3rd floor. Breakfast is plentiful and varied. Staff is quite supportive. Will arrange for excursions that you select. Location is a quick walk from restaurants and the main plaza. Modern Galleria Krakowska is a quick, long 2 blocks away. Train station is housed in the Galleria and trolleys come and go out front there constantly.

The location, close to almost everything and the atractions
    • Quadruple Room

Room was not dark enough in the morning

The location, close to almost everything and the atractions

Great place to stay!

Great place to stay!!

Overall a pleasant hotel with good breakfast, great bathroom and very good location

Bed could have been better. More English TV channels

Breakfast was good

Close enough to everything and transit options.

No air conditioning.

Great service, breakfast included, great location.

Nice hotel, good value for money in an excellent location.

Pillows were too soft and only one sachet of coffee & milk left each morning.

Nice

Helpful staff

That was like a teleportation to USSR

Helpful staff

Good breakfast,nice rooms.

A little bit noisy but not that disturbing.

Good breakfast,nice rooms.

Very good location near the old city.

Noise isolation of the rooms could be better.

Very good location near the old city. Good and rich breakfast.

I got a privite room with bathroom, both very clean.

I got a privite room with bathroom, both very clean. The bedroom is very spacius and the breakfast is very good.

Helpful staff, very good breakfast, close to city centre

Nothing at all

Helpful staff, very good breakfast, close to city centre

good locatiion for a quick few day visit

good location within 10 minutes of main square, helpful staff