Reviews of Novotel Kraków City West 4 stars

Al. Armii Krajowej 11, Krowodrza, 30-150 Kraków, Poland

#130 of 269 hotels in Kraków

First of all , i get a picture of the bathroom , and get...
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

First of all , i get a picture of the bathroom , and get completely other one(without glasses the shower , ). Also , it never happened to me to have just one towel (we stayed 2 persons) . Never will get Novotel again .

Great value for money, clean, friendly staff!
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Encountered one snappy lady at breakfast! She was curt when we were going in and later chased after my partner demanding his room number (I think she got confused and thought we snuck in for a freebie or something!). There were no trays at breakfast or at least we couldn't find them, we were going back and forth a lot, didn't seem to be any table service (wasn't sure how to order other hot breakfast options not in the buffet). We had breakfast out the other mornings.

The room was really clean and quiet, reception staff were very friendly (gave us a map and guidance when we arrived and we had forgotten an adapter so they lent us one), the location is good and taxi's are cheap to and from the old town. Had dinner in the restaurant the night we arrived - food was really nice and our waiter was so friendly and fun!

Pleasant Stay, Will come back again
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The shower and closet is not in one room

I like the size of the room, suitable for young family. I like the temperatur of the room. I like the breakfast, the food quality is good and tasty. Lobby is nice. Cleaning Staff was very helpful.

Barelly satisfied
    • Standard Twin Room

When i arrive to the place they told me that they didn't have one of the room i prev reserved. They blame booking for overselling a room they didn't have aviable. After almost 1 hour the room suddenly appears.

Comfy beds and a quiet place to rest

Fantastic place for people with families or simply for...

Absolutely nothing

Fantastic place for people with families or simply for anyone, who wishes to chill out in a comfortable atmosphere after going sightseeing. Staff was just amazing, especially Ms. Patrycja & the aviation room done by her :-)

If travelling with kids, you have to stay in this hotel!
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Nothing very important at all, very small situation with my breakfast.. I paid for 2, but there was only 1 in the restaurant sheet, clear mistake but the lady made it seem like a big problem. Another little issue.. they wanted to charge me for a minibar item I didn't get, but this time the staff quickly double checked and smoothed out the issue without problem! However these were small things and I couldn't give this hotel anything less than 10!

It was a leisure trip, but I could see the hotel well equipped for a business trip as well. The wifi was good, a nice lounge, etc. But what amazed me was the hotel approach to hosting families with kids! The room type I got was big, with a suitable sofa bed. Everything was clean and all equipment worked well. The breakfast might seem expensive but was well worth the price in my opinion (plus small children with an adult was free when I booked), so I definitely recommend you get the breakfast as well. Everyday there were different attractions for kids which included "sandwich making" class, pizza workshop, story telling, cartoon screening in the lounge, and even drawing in the hotel walls (part of the hotel was under renovation)! I'll definitely use this hotel again in the future, either for leisure or business.

Fantastic stay, comfortable, clean, friendly and welcoming.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

You can get a bus from the hotel into the main town but we ended up getting taxis as it was easier and the hotel was not as centrally located as we had hoped.

Amazing friendly service, the staff were wonderful and very helpful. Our room was spotlessly clean and modern with excellent facilities. The breakfast was superb and we looked forward to coming back to our hotel each evening!

The hotel was very nice.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The hotel was very nice. Comfortable and very clean. Modern. When I was there the only thing was the swimming facilities were not available but the hotel allowed us to use the Novotel Centrum and two other places for the use of their facilities free of charge. We were allocated close to the town centre but not close enough for me, the Novotel Centrum would’ve been better in terms of location for myself and partner but on the whole, this was an excellent hotel and I will definitely be back to stay.

brilliant hotel

no dislikes

excellent stay,couldnt fault anything,all staff very friendly and helpful,hotel spotless,food great and free shuttle bus.would definately recommend.a perfect trip.

Exceeded expectation would deffinately stay again
    • Superior Room with two single beds

Not much choice for hot breakfast, no bacon or hash brown or fried egg. Was not warned the spa facilities were not available prior to booking.

Food in restaurant menu was amazing. Best burger Iv had in a long time! Very helpful staff. Excellent value for money, definitely stay again

Clean and nice rooms.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Told on arrival swimming pool etc open till 10pm and stayed in one night when really cold to go to then be told it closed the full time we were there and we had to go to another hotel to use it.

Clean and nice rooms.

Loved it - didn’t want to leave!
    • Standard Twin Room

But further out from town than expected and unfortunately we came when there was maitenence and the pool was closed - which cannot be helped- still really enjoyed our stay :)

Staff friendliness. Decoration. Comfort. Rooms. Taxis always available. Breakfast.

Excellent apart from above we were very disappointed about
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Building work we weren’t aware till we arrived and lesure facilities were closed we weren’t aware till we arrived this part of hotel is a big part of our break

95 percent perfect

Could have been a lot better although it looks like there is work being done to improve hotel
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Not all Staff friendly Rooms poor decor & hallway leading to bedrooms poor Poor swimming pool facilities Work being done on hotel

Breakfast was great Modern dining

breakfast was great ,BUT could do with a new toaster as it...
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

breakfast was great ,BUT could do with a new toaster as it took a while to warm up ,bedrooms were great and enough space in them ,location 5min drive by taxi ,be carful and ask price before you go

Excellent and very accommodating. Great value for money
    • Standard Twin Room

Carpet could have been hoovered better although this is me just being very picky.

Myself, my boyfriend and two other friends stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during our visit to Krakow. It was very convenient to the airport and also close to the old town (taxi required). It was very well kept with lovely facilities and friendly staff. we requested early check in which they accepted and accomdated our request. We didn't try the restaurant as we were up and out most days early and spent the day sight seeing (Moo Moo in old town extremely good for food as a wee tip) but their breakfast choices looked lovely and very appealing. I would definitely stay here again if I were to ever visit Krakow again.

Great 4 night stay at Novotel city west!
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Nothing springs to mind - not centrally located but if you are happy using public transport it is a nice quiet location.

Friendly staff, spacious comfortable room, high standard of housekeeping. All as one would expect from the brand. A little far out of City Center but bus stops right outside with regular services to connect with a tram or walk into main area (I recommend the app ‘jakdojade’ to plan travel - it’s gps picks your location and tells you which bus or tram and connections, costs £3.99 but really worth it). Room was more than adequate - even got a complimentary bottle of Prosecco on New Year’s Eve!

my stay was pleasant, comfortable and great value for money

I did not like the food

Liked the ever ready help from staff and time taken to answer any questions. The location and the availability and convenience of bus service. How easy it was to walk into city centre

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Unacceptably poor quality
    • Superior Room with two single beds

The poor english knowledge of the staff,the fact that they failed to sign the breakfast demand to my room,then I needed to justify that I have paid before. There were 3 coffee machine and only 1 has worked. Poor quality,I cannot recommend it to any non polish speaking guest.

Amount and quality of breakfast was good

cant wait to go back 5 star treatment
    • Superior Room with two single beds

Fab hotel spotlessly clean great good fantastic staff lovely leisure facilities brilliant value for money only slight critiscm there were paper cups in room but I'm sure if I asked u could have got a China cup. Cannot praise this hotel and staff enough everyone was outstanding. Five star

Average at best. Comfortable rooms with minimal amenities. Breakfast very poor quality.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

the breakfast was of poor quality and there was a lot of building work going on at the hotel which was very distrubtive.

The accomdation was comfortable.

Nice stay, but rent a car!
    • Standard Twin Room

The sauna at the hotel could've been bigger. It was more complicated to go downtown than we thought.

The beds were perfect, the room too. It was very clean, and most of the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Good for stay close to Karkow airport or close to business center
    • Standard Twin Room

- Bed is very hard and not comfortable - cable TV was not working and technician was not available.

Nice hotel close to airport (6km drive) and IT/business center is walking distance to IBM and Deloitte and other well known companies - sauna - pool - restaurant - simple and sleek novotel style

Almost everything.
    • Standard Twin Room

They wanted to giv me a standardroom despite of booking and paying for a superiorroom. The food in Poland is exceptional, but just ok in this hotel. Too laudly because of the way and because of the hotelrenovation.

Almost everything.

Hotel provide a shuttle taxi service to and from the city...
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Hotel provide a shuttle taxi service to and from the city centre and certain times of day which was an added bonus! All staff were very helpful and friendly. Also a lovely surprise arranged on arrival as this was a birthday trip which was an excellent extra from the Novotel. Would definitely use Novotel in the future.

Our son stayed free in our room which was furnished with...

Location is out of centre and the area is not very interesting but this is more than made up for by the facilities and shuttle bus to the centre.

Our son stayed free in our room which was furnished with sofa bed and double bed. Loved the pool. Breakfast was varied and plentiful. Kettles in the room with tea, coffee and herbal tea bags but no milk - supermarket not too far away so you can get milk and other bits. Located outside old town but buses quite easy to negotiate and hotel shuttle service was brilliant. Staff lovely.

i will always come back to this hotel

everything was perfect

i loved my spacious room and bathroom.the bed was so comfy the staff at the reception so friendly and polite ,the breakfast was so delicious ,so many things to choose from. it is my favourite kind of the hotel.

Loved the city
    • Standard Twin Room

I'd have preffered to have been closer to the city centre. Although the buses were good and regular.

Hotel was great. Breakfast and evening meal was good

Thoroughly enjoyable, strongly recommend, bit out of town but shuttle service overcomes this.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The room was very comfortable and spacious, the surroundings very quiet, nearby facilities were very good and the free shuttle to and from the town was excellent. Breakfast was amazing GREAT selection

nice common space on the ground floor
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

old hotel with poor standard very expensive breakfast (way better to eat somewhere else) expensive parking

nice common space on the ground floor available parking

Frequetly changing of the accomodation payments, why after...
    • Superior Room with two single beds

Frequetly changing of the accomodation payments, why after booking not to remain with one rate of payment Suddenly you asked to pay more for other nights, not normal to other hotels other places of the world.

perfect trip and good feeling
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

it is a little far from the downtown, but Krakow is only a small city

the breakfast is very good although it is a little expensive, and the room is very comfort, and the staff there are very professional

Amazing

Can't say everything was perfect

Staff very friendly nothing to much trouble rooms very comfortable didn't have to wait on lifts breakfast was delicious lots of varsity everything was amazing my family and friends had a great time in hotel would definitely recommend to my friends

Good personal, very good brakfasts
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Noise from the construction works from building in front of my window, climat control in the room didn't work properly

Good personal, very good brakfasts

The hotel offers a bus shuttle to the city center twice a...
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The hotel offers a bus shuttle to the city center twice a day free of charge. Nice breakfast, very friendly staff and the bar lounge is lively. Very pleased.

Novotel is not that new, still keeping the old style of yesteryear
    • Superior Room with two single beds

the IT part of the hotel is way behind the times of today not one USB plug in the entire building ( to accommodate) charging our electronic gadgets it is a MUST for today's traveller and not one charging external plug so one could borrow for the stay

close to the center of the city, the staff are excellent - kudos and laurels to Pani Malgorzata Diniec she was my angel for my short stay - a salary increase would be appropriate, more like her and you will have the best staff

Excellent stay, pleasant staff
    • Superior Room with two single beds

The spa staff were really good, the changing area was not. I was waiting for ages to get changed due to there being only 2 changing spaces.

The room was really comfortable and the staff were helpful.

Great place to stay for a city break.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I was very impressed with this hotel. Although from the outside it looks a little jaded, inside its modern, clean and fresh. It does look like its getting a facelife at the moment. The staff were really friendly and attentive and all spoke very good English. The room was a good size, quiet, clean and comfortable with a king size bed. The breakfast selection was very good quality, vast and buffet style with a selection of typical Polish breakfast foods and also continental. The hotel is located outside of the old town on a main road which goes straight to the old town and takes about 30 minutes to walk into town. There is a shuttle service twice a day both ways and a bus stop just outside the gates. I highly recommend having a look around the little market where the shuttle stops in town, beautiful fresh produce and mouth watering cakes to tempt.

The hotel was nice in the reception area and the small...
    • Superior Room with two single beds

Room was not as clean as it should have been and was too basic.

The hotel was nice in the reception area and the small restaurant was fine. The room although was large but was dated and the corridor was old and dated.

Excellent choice :-)
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

This hotel is very comfort. It doesnt look from the outside due to reconstruction, but from inside - very nice, clean and comfort hotel. A lot of fun for children also, so as very good breakfasts. All the staff very friendly and smily. Shuttle bus to center - at 10am and 5pm, back at 3pm and 9pm. Very good idea :-) Reccomend this hotel :-)

Great place to stay.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Workers and tools noise during the day. Impossible to sleep.

Great value for money when you have kids. Clean and comfortable. Great breakfast and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

It's not perfect, but at least it's clean and the food is great
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

1. Well I stayed for business and I arrived around 3am for a check in after 14h of work. Had to get up around 9 am for the next day, but construction workers started drilling, moving heavy objects and making noise around 7am, so couldn't really sleep for more than 4h. That was friday->saturday night. Next night was better tho. I'm not sure if that was a construction site nearby or at the hotel because I was really sleepy. 2. Ordered a superior double room, but I have no idea what kind of room I stayed in, because it was nothing like the photos on booking.com. First of all it was for disabled people and since I'm 1,9m tall it was a pain, because I had to crouch to use a mirror and stuff. I didn't bother changing the room because I didn't really care since I just slept at the hotel and nothing else, but it was a slight bother nevertheless. I'd recommend consulting with the hotel staff in such cases because I've heard from people staying there are no problems if you ask for a change tho. 3. There is an ongoing construction, but there is no info on the matter when you're reserving a room. There is a small note in a room waiting for you informing you of the ongoing construction. 4. Maybe it is me and my lack of art taste but the painting in my room was a bit creepy...

Tasty breakfast, clean room, no problem with a late night check in, friendly staff.

Very nice hotel, clean interior, helping staff and a nice...
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The water in the pool was quite chilly. A bit warmer would've been great.

Very nice hotel, clean interior, helping staff and a nice comfortable room. Good restaurant as well.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Comfortable stay, amazing staff.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

My husband had to bend over in the shower so his head didn't touch the ceiling! He is 6'2'' but for some strange reason the shower was elevated but not all rooms are like it. He managed though so wasn't a huge effect.

Location out of centre but not far to walk into town. On arrival, our room we were given had blow flies in it. Strange as these were the first we have seen our entire euro trip and coming from Aus it's great to be away from them! We killed about 3 and left the others before calling reception to let them know. We were immediately moved to another room with sincere apologies and given free drinks to the bar. We weren't too fussed by it but it was great to see the staff cared. Bed was very comfy, bathroom clean. The novo restaurant served great food, we enjoyed our meal there. The bar staff were very friendly and accommodating and one cocktail turned in to about 5 before we had to finish up as the bar closed. On check in/out, fruit was available to take as well as cookies. A nice touch.

Nice hotel with excellent staff
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I was a little let down by the room itself. The rest of the hotel is lovely and quite modern but the room was a little dingy, the tiling in the bathroom did not seem to go with the aesthetic of the rest of the hotel. Most importantly the carpet could do with changing. Lastly, the hotel was undergoing construction which we were unaware of. This didnt pose as a major problem since they stop working at around 6 in the evening. However this should be mentioned during the booking process.

The staff was always extra friendly. It was a pleasure to visit their restaurant where they serve wonderful food. Their live entertainment was handled in good taste.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Friendly stuff. Disappointing comfort, overpriced food.
    • Superior Room with two single beds

Not so comfortable bed and pillows for this standard. Overpriced food. Not worth the price paid. We ate burger, fish, tartar and desert. Food came to room without any cover, part of it was cold, dessert (icecream) was melted. And the worst thing happend when on 2nd day of our stay, at aprox noon some workers start to drill (!!) and use hammer in the room above us. When we called reception that we went sleep late and have to get up in 2 hrs for another 12hrs shift to work, all they said was: Sorry, we cannot do anything about it. We can move you to diffrent room...GREAT SOLLUTION. Seriously You could not postpone this work for 60 mins? So we spent last hour of our short sleep time listening to drlling and hammering.

Free parking for car. However the information on booking.com and hotel website is misleading. After reading booking.com and hotel website we thought that price for 24h parking is 40pln, but when we asked at reception they cancelled the fee on our ticket which was very nice:) Mrs Anna at NovoBar is very friendly person!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Reception staff - friendly and helpfull
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No fitness center, small and old swimming pool, facilities around the pool like lockers, showers are getting really old, location a bit far from center, some contruction works on outer walls of the hotel at the moment

Reception staff - friendly and helpfull

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

A welcoming stay in a great hotel.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Slightly out of the centre of krakow but the free shuttle service compensates for that.

The staff were excellent Great shuttle service into town for free Room was very clean, comfortable and spacious

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Very good value for money!
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I wasn't a fan of the mattress, too soft for my liking.

The staff were super helpful, the hotel was very clean and the shuttle bus that brought you to and from the City Centre was very handy!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

il comfort di un 4 stelle ad un prezzo accessibile - 4 stars at a good price in Poland
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

pool water temperature cold not as spa level acqua della piscina non calda come nei centri benessere

great international breakfast buffet comfortable and large room

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Clean and quiet
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Beds were very hot - I think they had a rubber lining on the mattress which made it extremely uncomfortable and hot. Also being so far out of the city centre it would have been good for the shuttle bus to run more frequently.

Rooms were very quiet

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Expensive and filled with guests.
    • Superior Room with two single beds

Very crowded during breakfast hours. The ironing area on 8th floor must have looked the same 30 years ago - no renovation effort is visible there.

Friendly and professional staff.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Good location and more than adequate.
    • Standard Twin Room

My room 411 has not been refurbished and obviously a Polish plumber had connected up the hotel and cold supplies in the wash basin - they were back to front(I am a retired building supervisor)

Location on the bus route -just one stop onto a team into the city center. Good sized rooms, comfortable beds/pillows and excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Good for family with small kids. Breakfast and parking NOT included.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Would like the parking policy to be more flexible. Breakfast should be included in the room price, as it usually is at 99% of hotels by now. The fact that you have to pay for breakfast and parking separately makes this hotel a rather spendy place and puts it at the price level, where better alternatives could be found with a bit more research. Some of the glasses in the room were dirty.

Great attitude toward kids. Hotel staff at the reception gave us toys, which was a nice surprise for the children. Great shower and overall room interior. The place feels safe and clean.

Great location and value for the hotel.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Great location and value for the hotel. Our kids loved it and we were able to get in and out of the center of Krakow easily!!

Totally enjoyed it, superb location, beautiful krakow

Pool being updated

Modern facilities and interior

Dhamlun is not mentioned in construction work and the casino does not work
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Construction work that disturbed the rest

Far from the city and casino in renovations

Will go again there.

Will go again there.

Great short break,hotel was clean and staff were excellent.
    • Superior Room with two single beds

Rooms were clean and had good supply of toiletries, tea and coffee.

Excellent Staff, very clean hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was not so Excellent but was not bad too. swimming pool and Fitness room was under construction.

Excellent Staff, very clean hotel

For the cheap price I was very happy with what I got it was a premium room with lovely bar and cafe
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Cheap price for a premium room.

Had a very nice dinner in the Hotel, beyond my expectation.
    • Superior Room with two single beds

Had a very nice dinner in the Hotel, beyond my expectation.

Brilliant
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Hotel was brilliant and comfortable, plenty of breakfast options, all staff very friendly

Good place to stay if you visit Krakow
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room temp was very high for me eventhough I turned off the heating but I open the window a little

The room size, cleaness , behavior of personnel

Great value for money for sure!!
    • Standard Twin Room

Fantastic hotel which is very close to the place I visit in Krakow; very great room, breakfast, facilities and the staff, great value for money..

Breakfast amazing.
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast amazing. Staff amazing. Location amazing.

will return this summer when we go back to krakow
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

the bed was comfy ,the restaurant was excellent the staff very friendly and the breakfast was more than we expected

It was across the road from where my family live, so the...
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

It was across the road from where my family live, so the location was ideal for me. I would definately stay there again.

Very kind stuff

Transportation

Very kind stuff

Very good for the night rate

Bed

Swimming pool, Friendly staff, good location

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Very pleasant staff with excellent communication in English

Very pleasant staff with excellent communication in English

Excellent!
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Rooms, facilities, staff and food all excellent!!!

Perfect!

Nice stuff, spacious.

Great hotel would definately stay there again
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The staff were very helpful and very approachable. Great bar area to relax in

I recommend that hotel to all my friends and family.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Where nice place. Friendly staff, tasty food, clean around. Very comfortable beds. Close to the old city. Great atmosphere.

Browse Novotel Kraków City West traveller photo gallery