Reviews of Pałac Wojanów

Wojanów 9, 58-508 Jelenia Góra, Poland

• Double or Twin Room

Just a suggestion that as most of guests come by car, it would be helpful to put a road sign to where is car park from the road facing the hotel.

Nice surrounding. Nice to have a walk in the park.

• Standard Quadruple Room

The room has become a bit too warm throughout the day and one of our 4 beds was a bit squeaky.

The breakfast and dinner were delicious. The swimming pool was great, with very friendy and accomodating life guards. All in all - very relaxing place for a family of 5. Another palace Lomnica nearby.

• Double or Twin Room

No kettle with tea and coffee and no shampoo.

The recption staff were eager to stasify every request such as bathrobes and an electric kettle. We were upgraded to a two story appartment. The breakfast and dinner that included 3 couses out of 3 options were very.delicious. Breakfast was Pstic olsih rustic style stuffed eggs, home made stuffed meat, vegtalbes fruits, cheese platters, fish delicates, coffee machine cakes and fruits. The setting is very romantic and the swimming pool. gym and Jacuzzi were very nice. Rare buses from Jelenia Gora especially on weekends.

• Double or Twin Room

The stay was very pleasant, some minor issues tho: The rooms soundproofing is quite bad, you can hear your neighbors very clearly. The water in the bathroom has only two states: boiling hot or cold, was a bit tricky to use.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Good spa area and cute surrounding grounds. We traveled in the end of March, so, everything was half melted/frozen, there is nothing much to do or to see around. I recommend to travel with a car, there are plenty of nice places to go within 20mins drive.

• Double or Twin Room

Our shower door was a little bit short which meant some water went on the floor. I mopped it up with the bath mat. The lovely big dining room is a little bit chilly for me. It may be fine for others, but I feel the cold. It’s probably just a difficult space to heat. The food was lovely, but sometimes it wasn’t warm enough. I suggest that the heaters under the food could be turned up higher to sort the issue out. There are some industrial buildings down the road from the entrance. It didn’t take away from our view, but it may for others at the side that fronts into the road and is just good to be aware of. I am also aware that the rooms may not face that view, it’s hard to know. I live in Ireland and children in the hotel spa and leisure centre I am a member of have to leave the pool at 7pm. Neither are they allowed in the jacuzzi, sauna or steam room. It appears children are allowed to use the facilities at all times in Poland, something I am not used to. I know it’s nice for the parents, but I still feel an hour or 2 without children wouid be appreciated by people like us travelling to relax without any children with them. I know it’s a different culture so, I may just have to accept the differences. The children in the pool were well behaved compared to another Palac I will not return too where they were dive bombing people in the pool and jacuzzi.

We arrived in the early hours of the morning due to our late flight into Wroclaw which was delayed. We were greeted with the wonderful sight of the Palac lit up at night. It looked amazing! We were greeted by the receptionist who spoke very good English as did all staff I encountered. Our room was very large, over-looked the main Palac and was down the corridor from the spa. The room was lovely and warm, clean and comfortable. You need to note there are no coffee or tea making facilities in the room. We had twin beds that were pushed together to make a double. It’s bound to have a gap, but the mattresses were very comfortable and it worked. The bathroom is a decent size and very warm, clean with everything your need in it with space to put your toliteries and a hairdryer. The spa is one of the nicest I have seen. The pool is a decent size. Such a lovely environment to relax in. I enjoyed walking across to the Dining room. Such lovely views of the Palac and other beautifully restored buildings on our walk. Breakfast was amazing! Such a massive choice of beautifully presented and tasty hot and cold foods. The evening meal was the same, delicious dishes and a heap of choices. I found the whole experience to be very relaxing and peaceful. It snowed the day after we arrived which made it magical. We walked in the grounds which are pretty even though it was winter and the trees were bare. Within 10 minutes of arriving I knew I wouid ebjoy my stay. It surpassed expectations and we booked another week in March for a ski holiday. It’s only 10 minutes by car to Jelenia Gora and 20 from Karpach. We hired a car and drove across the Czech border from there and visited other ski resorts. The next Palac along the road has a gorgeous cafe (see photo) and shop which was nice to be able too visit too. This is amazing value. We paid €32 a night dinner bed and breakfast.

• Standard Quadruple Room

You can’t actually explore the castle as it is all hotel rooms, although the restaurant is on the bottom floor. We weren’t told about the library room which you can reserve, we came across it accidentally. You reserve it to yourself and so if someone has booked it, you can’t go in. We really wanted to spend some time in the bar under the castle, but it was closed the whole week, not sure when it would be open but it is a waste as the rooms are really awesome. Furniture in the rooms is a bit shonky, one of the beds fell apart on the first day, took them couple of days to fix. Found breakfast suited polish tastes better than western tastes, but was ok.

Surrounding parklands were beautiful, especially in the snow (and river was freezing over). Castle very pretty and pool is beautiful. Enjoyed the restaurant and spent a lot of time in the billiards room (which was also a library). Great thing about this room was that restaurant staff will bring your food and drinks to the room for you. Some staff didn’t speak English, but most did. There is a fantastic dungeon like room that has been turned into a very comfortable bar/cafe underneath the castle, but unfortunately we only got a quick look when a staff member was down there as it was otherwise closed and locked. Lots of beautiful castle ruins in the forest areas in the surrounding towns, our favourite was zamec Bolczów.

• Palace Apartment

The Finnish sauna was a bad joke. It was not a sauna and absolutely not Finnish! The planning crew must have misunderstood the whole concept of sauna. It was a hot dry electric room with a time glass meant to count the time between throwing water on the stones (in Finland there are never time glass in the saunas!). But there was no water or even oven to throw the water on...So stay away from the spa if you like Finnish sauna, you get disappointed.

Everything else from food to surroungings and rooms was wonderful! May come back if they do something about the sauna.

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms in the annex buildings specially in the last floors are very low celling and hot in summer (not aircondition). The breafast in is a dissaster of organisation and how the very big tables in breakfast rooms looks like it is a real pitty

The palace is amazing and beautiful, the park and surrandings are very nice, a la carte restauant in the main builidng offers a fantiastic view to the park from the terrace, indoor swimming pool is big and nicely arranged

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Room price was 203 PLN but adding my 5-year-old daughter to the room cost an additional 120 PLN. Our room was over the reception hall and they had booked a loud wedding for the night and did not think to let us know in advance. Upon request, we were moved to another part of the hotel. The restaurant was a disaster. We took a seat on the patio and twenty minutes later I sent my daughter in to request a menu. She was given some paper from a meal plan we were not part of so my wife went inside and took the menus herself. Another 15 minutes and we finally placed our order. Another 10 minutes and our drinks finally arrived. 45 minutes after sitting we finally had drinks in front of us. The rest of the meal proceeded similarly and at one point I got up and walked to the room to get a bottle of water because no one was available to order from. I counted a total of 3 wait staff plus a manager. At peak, I counted 6 tables with guests between inside and the patio. Other guests kept going inside to get drinks on their own because they were experiencing the same problem. My lamb was cooked properly but my wife’s duck was extremely dry and over cooked. Considering dinner cost almost as much as a night at the hotel we were very disappointed. This is our second visit to the restaurant years apart and both experiences were similar.

Location is great and the pool is amazing. I was impressed with all the options at the breakfast buffet and the coffee was surprisingly great. WiFi works well all over the grounds.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

in contrast to other palace hotels in the region Wojanow is a big company-led hotel, targeted to receive single travellers and loads of bus-tourists. Hence some kind of a personal touch is missing everywhere. A huge dining hall (where breakfast is being served) in the annex but a tiny bar with just two barstools inside the castle, where bar staff has no clue about their offer and how to serve. Wojanow is a nice place for a stopover but does not offer the spirit and atmosphere of smaller owner-led palace hotels in the "Hirschberg Valley".

spacious and clean rooms with tasteful interior. most of the rooms are in annex buildings outside the castle. Large swimming pool and spa in the reception annex of the hotel compound. Perfectly restored castle surrounded by a beautiful park.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

No tea or coffee facilities in rooms. No small fridge to hold water /drinks etc Big mosquito problem near grass and pond area in summer. Lots of guests bitten.

We were here for a wedding and the location and gardens were wonderful .The breakfast were good.The whole stay was an exceptional first experience of Poland and the Polish. We would definitely recommend . Service and staff excellent.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Only thing was no bacon for breakfast.

I was there for my sons wedding l found everything excellent.the service spoton. All the staff we very helpful & polite.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The staff either can't or doesn't want to explain you stuff. Using the hotel facilities is like starting a quest, the information in the booklet in the room does not correspond with reality: both the spa and the restaurant were closed an hour earlier than promised. Also during the daytime (after breakfast) all facilities are closed. The staff at reception just happily points you to a facility which turns out to be closed (twice in 1 evening!). All in all it felt like flying with Wizz Air: annoying the client is the main goal of the company.

The building was indeed quite beautiful.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast a bit in the boring side but more than sufficient

Great staff, very friendly, beautiful location and park. Warm pool.

• Double or Twin Room

The pool was out of order

Amazing breakfast and surroundings

• Standard Triple Room

The roads have been all muddy, because there is no pavement it’s all crucial roads inside the castle

• Double or Twin Room

The room we had was very small and didn't have any significant window. It was a little hot and stuffy.

• Palace Apartment

Additional working area in the appartment situates in the tower

• Double or Twin Room

Picturesque surrounding with a beautiful palace

It wasn't clear, that our our room was NOT in the Palace :(

Pure elegance

• Double or Twin Room

The parking lot is covered by dust and every car parked there gets dirty almost immediately.

Original and tasty meals in the restaurant, nice park.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Beautiful place - almost fairytale palace. Very rich breakfast. Spa, good restaurant, swimming pool

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

brekfast not at the level of the place

spa and swimming pool amazing

• Reviewed: 1 April 2016

A couple of misunderstandings with our booking: staff couldn't meet our requests and didn't tell us so before our stay. Only available place to eat was expensive restaurant on site, and staff didn't know about any other restaurants in the area.

Beautiful palace, set in parkland. Good spa facilities. Very clean.

• Reviewed: 29 February 2016

I had got room in the restaurant building and the comforter balanket was rather in summer version, not winters. Genarally my suggestion is to book the room in the main building, it's much more comfortable. The lady in reception desk should smile from time to time :).

Nice hotel. Not very far from Jelenia Góra. Breakfast acceptable.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

This place is just fantastic, I love

• Reviewed: 14 February 2015

When raining there is a lot of mud on the tracks within the property terrain ...

There are also 15 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.