Reviews of Villa Parnas Old Town

ul. Spichrzowa 27, 80-750 Gdańsk, Poland

#68 of 103 B&Bs and Inns in Gdańsk

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

We regretted our choice, as we have had much better past hotel experiences in Gdansk.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Faulty tap in bathroom; broken soap dispenser in shower; bad, smelly pillows; single duvet for a double bed, not even reaching both sides; most basic of basic breakfasts; high price.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

It's the worst experience I've had in a hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

From the day I arrived, until the day I left, there was no one at the reception. The only employee that was in the hotel (and who did absolutely everything from "attending reception" to cooking and cleaning) is Mohamed, who despite having to do magic to be able to fulfill the work of 4 different people, always had a smile on his face. I can’t say the same of Elena, the “hotel manager”. I was only able to have a phone conversation with her in which she not only treated me very badly but also missed the truth on several occasions. I could go into detail about that phone conversation, but is to long. Just to give some context: she hang up the phone twice, in the middle of the conversation and in a very rude way. She first introduced herself as the receptionist and then, when I told her that I could complain about bad customer service, she told me that she was actually "the hotel manager." On top of all of this, she made her boyfriend or husband answer the phone and shouted at me. But that’s not all... Elena should have been at the reception, but according to her, she "had an accident", even so, she promised to send a replacement, but this one never arrived. Because of this I could never do (formally) the check in or the check out, nor could I pay by cash my stay in this Hotel (as I detailed at the time of my reservation through Booking). On approximately 5 or more occasions, I waited at the reception for 30 minutes ringing the bell, so that someone would come. Nobody ever came. The same thing happened when I had to do the check out. After the check out time, finally we found Mohamed, but he gave us the unpleasant news that Booking made the payment on our credit card. The only reason why we could not check out at the corresponding time and make the payment by cash was because there was never anyone who attended us at reception of the hotel.

The only good thing about this hotel, that I do not doubt that it is not well valued and paid by its superiors, is Mohamed, who does magic to be able to fulfill the work of 4 different people by itself ... with a smile on his face. This hotel lacks staff and without a doubt needs a new trained administrator.

Had great clean accomodation with nice view on on the canal,...
    • Double or Twin Room

You have to pay extra 50 zl if you arrive between 22 and 8 so make sure you arrange your arrival time appropriately

Had great clean accomodation with nice view on on the canal, wonderful wi-fi, comfortable bed. The neighbours didn't bother me. It is very close to the central street, near the canal and the Wheel but it is not noisy. There are restaurants and shops around, and the transportation is quite close as well. There was a fair of St. Dominic which makes the city super vibrant. Recommend!

Dumpster quality with good location
    • Double or Twin Room

The toilet was clean from far away but if look closer it was very disgusting. The carpet and the windows are like junk yard unwanted parts from abandoned buildings. The air condition is like a decoration where the temperature of 16 degrees C means 22 degrees C. The breakfast lady couldn't speak English. The location is close to night clubs and lots of special people late at night. Loud music banging all the time after 22 pm.

The location is the only thing I would pay such a price for the stay. Nothing else was worth paying for. But hard to find a parking spot nearby.

Room in a flat, not worth the price
    • Double or Twin Room

Even though it's called like this, it is not a hotel. It is a room in a flat for rent. The AC in the guest room wasn't working and it was very hot, the staircase was very, very dirty and smelled awful. The worst however was the staff, not enough to say they weren't friendly - they were gruff and grumpy.

Great location and fairly spacious room.

No recommend to stay
    • Double or Twin Room

very noisy through the night until morning because the bar is next door so I couldn’t sleep well. after check in, i found a dirty towel left in the bathroom... when I asked to call a taxi to the airport, a staff didn’t inform me appropriate cost so I asked to my Polish friend. she advised me that it would be maximum PLN60.00, but taxi driver jacked a meter and required me to pay PLN144.00!!! the driver didn’t understand English well so I asked a business man who speaks English to help me at the airport. The kind man said to me “ok don’t worry, I explained him and cost should be only PLN50.00. i think hotel staff may be tried to trick you with the taxi driver, that’s why they didn’t inform you approximate cost.” I felt that the staff were very friendly, but I will never stay here when I come to Gdansk for my business or vacation.

good location, near from old town.

Pleasant staff but doubt I would stay again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Were on the 4th floor. Website should be clear that there is no lift. Club/bar next door. Noise on street went on till the early hours. Little sleep. Get a room at the back. Overall: not value for money.

Location to Old Town centre is good.

• Double or Twin Room

We asked the staff to book us a taxi to the airport. They didn't inform us that card payment wasn't an option, and the price was doubled compared to the taxi from Neptun.

Basic accommodation in an unique old house and in a great...
    • Double or Twin Room

Misunderstanding during our stay. Changing the room during our stay with mixing occupants, but not linen and towels changed in our room though asked.

Basic accommodation in an unique old house and in a great location.

The worst stay in a hotel in my life!
    • Double or Twin Room

We arrived to Gdansk from Kaliningrad for the celebration of birthday of my friend and we booked a room here for 80 euros with breakfast (non-refundable price). We were looking for the hotel near the old town and it is really not far from it. We were met by the girl speaking perfect Russian, but the room that we were offered was awful. The room was small, not clean, bed sheets have wholes and we even can’t imagine that we can get such a room for 80 euros in Gdansk (we have been in Gdansk plenty of times before). We asked to change a room, but we were told that it is the only they have. In the morning, when we come for breakfast, we found out that nobody was waiting for us and they didn’t offer us anything for it, in other words we didn’t get breakfast without ANY explanations! We decide to go upstairs and to see the hotel and we met some guys from another room and asked to show it to us, they were rather friendly and show us their room that was 10 times better than ours! When we go downstairs the representative of a hotel (egyptian man) met us and we asked him why we got the worst room? He replied: What are you doing here? Who gave you the right to see other rooms in my hotel? When we told him that on the pictures on booking.com we had payed for another room, he told us that he didn’t care about booking.com at all. Finally, he told us that we were losers from Russia who came just for 1 night and there plenty Italians and other tourists, who were worthy to get normal rooms in his hotel! If we continued to ask anything, he would call for police. It is the first time we had such a disgusting experience and the birthday of my friend was totally spoiled by these guys!!! We had no choice and called to Russian embassy. we will not leave this situation like this! Never go there!

Nothing, just not far from old town.

My room was huge with beautiful big windows.
    • Double or Twin Room

I asked for a double bed(I was on my own) and got twin beds put togheter

My room was huge with beautiful big windows. The location was really good. Close to everything. Breakfast was good.

Clean, comfortable, great location, lovely breakfast, AWESOME coffee. :)
    • Double or Twin Room

The guy who initially check us is was a tad rude, but he quickly became very friendly when his boss appeared.

Simple but lovely breakfast. The lady who runs the place is really very friendly.

Brilliantly located guest house
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was great! Set up is a little unconventional with some rooms being in a separate building but we did not mind this at all and found it gave us more freedom and privacy. Our room had a view of the river and this would not have been possible from the main building so this is also a plus!

Fantastic location and a comfortable guest house, we felt very safe. The staff were very helpful with giving directions and ordering taxis and when we said we weren't big breakfast eaters they provided tea, coffee and cake in our room!

-downtown
    • Double or Twin Room

-not lift inside, just stairs -parking place *extra fee * beware of leaving parking place, direction is not marked *in case of leaving, you can use the only one hotel card and after using you have to give it back to the reception immediately

-downtown -calm/quiet area

Great place to put your head down and staff lovely
    • Double or Twin Room

Needs new bedding and new beds but was ok kettle would be good but a lot of hotels the same

Staff great breakfast lovely hole in sheet a lot of dust in bathroom along skirting board but great just to put your head down

Lack of communication and poor communication
    • Double or Twin Room

Twin bed instead of double as requested, and the reception hardly spoke English, didn't speak polish and only fluent in Egyptian. Parking was 12 pounds per night and breakfast was limited. Won't be staying there again

Great little hotel close to the main sights

Nothing - fine

Availability of the room all day. Buffet breakfast - local specialties, plus scrambled eggs were available too. Even though our flight was delayed and didn't arrive until 3am, there was someone on reception to greet us. Excellent location in regards to accessibility to the town, restaurants and sights

The perfect place in this city!

It was a lot of stairs!

The location was great near a lot of restaurants and all places you will see in Gdansk. The room in hotel were nice and clean and the staff very friendly and speak good english. The breakfast was very good.

The isolated room at a separated location was disapponting.
    • Double or Twin Room

My room (126) was not in the hotel, as expected, but in a different location. There is no sign on the entrance to the building, which was dark and not an inviting one. I would prefer to stay at the hotel.

Overpriced and overrated - stay away!
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel consists of multiple buildings. Breakfast is served (if you're lucky) in the main one. There's small choice of low-to-medium quality food that runs out before all guests had a chance to eat. Eastward facing window in our room had very light colored roller blinds, which made us unable to sleep after ~4am because it was too bright. The shower was moldy. We wanted double bed, but got two separate beds - which are very small in size, 80x190cm. Not comfortable for tall people at all. There's no daily room service, but every 3 days.

The location is good, just on the outskirts of old town.

The location of the hotel was excellent and only a short...
    • Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness of the hotel was a lot to be desired, we stayed not in the main part of the hotel and our room was a bit tatty, curtains hanging off rail, window would not open properly, light bulbs needed replacing and the dust under the bed was disgusting!!!

The location of the hotel was excellent and only a short walk to old town.

Objective review

See above

Staff was extremely helpful. Great location for us. Breakfast fair. Staff had recommended A la francaise nearby - We loved it and chose to have breakfast there two out of three mornings and dinner first evening. Clean, reasonable and suited our needs. Would recommend taking down drapes in room 110 rather than have one side hanging lopsided- sorry just can't pass for avant-garde. Updated bathroom nice. Thank you for helping us throughout our stay from reception to Ukrainian woman at breakfast who we enjoyed talking w as well!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Terrible with car
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We almost broke the car because of the giant holes in the street outside. And there was one way roads everywhere. Very unpractical with car.

Nice room and close to the old town with restaurants

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Almost...
    • Double or Twin Room

"Double"-bed means two single beds put together, floor is slippery, so beds are constantly getting gaps and it's not comfortable to sleep for two people together.

Everything was good, except bed

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Briliant visit
    • Double or Twin Room

after a long and tiresome day we came to hotel and was favourable surprised. In the reception we met really distinguished gentleman with perfect Oxford accent and absolutely adorable manners. Breakfast was already served especially for us by a woman with big smile early in the morning. We absolutely want to come back because of this wonderful staff.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Fantastic hotel in a fantastic location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing could be improved.

The hotel is a very convenient 5 minute walk to the old town, with free parking right outside the hotel. The room was very comfortable, the breakfast very nice & staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

'16 oct
    • Double or Twin Room

No hot meals in breakfast menu. Small quantity. But in generall-OK.

Excellent location- few minutes from centre of old town, Amber sky (Gdansk Eye). Cleanliness very good inside, good staff.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Not what we booked! Offensive owner!
    • Double or Twin Room

When I complained that there were 2 single beds and not a double as I had booked we were promised various solutions, none of which materialised. The owner then verbally abused us on the telephone saying if we were not happy we could leave. If Booking.com could a) strike off this hotel, it would be good for the image of Booking and b) is there no way we can get a refund for misrepresentation. It ruined our weekend.

The young girls working there were very nice and helpful, but ......

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Good hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Good hotel. Very close to the old town, you can have free parking (if there is free parking place) near hotel.Only one thing, which I did no like-you have to ask scrambled eggs in kitchen. No one will offer you, if you will not ask.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Apartment near old town
    • Double or Twin Room

Better to call it an apartment than hotel. We lived in a house 3 minutes walk from reception on dark street. But inside it's ok. Elevator is in house, but the room was on the second level of apartment, so we needed to carry the bags ourselves.

A minute walk from old town, so location is perfect. Free parking.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Don't stay at this hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

Ik raden dat u dit hotel te vermijden. Ostrzegam przed korzystaniem z tego hotelu. The bed was very hard and noise from a nearby bar until late was troublesome. The room servicing was hit and miss. The owner tried to charge us for a broken door handle which occurred when we were away from the hotel. His racist comments included the statement that the English are banned from hotels in Krakow and are vandals. Some may be, but I am not and at 65 years of age and a retired Doctor, I don't even look the part. I complained to Booking.com and was informed that two other people were charged for damage they didn't do. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU AVOID THIS HOTEL.

The hotel was well located, the breakast was good and the staff were courteous

difficult acces to main hotel at times

difficult acces to main hotel at times

Location and room

Street under construction

Location and room

The convenience to Old Town.
    • Double or Twin Room

If the elevator was at the main lobby.

The convenience to Old Town. Location is excellent..

Villa Parnas
    • Double or Twin Room

It should a little bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast everything else was super....

I rally like the rooms and specilly the beds.

Recommended.Nice place,good location in downtown
    • Double or Twin Room

No elevator. With 2 suitcases to the 4. floor :) ...

Location is super.

THE staff was very helpful regarding bookings and...
    • Double or Twin Room

THE staff was very helpful regarding bookings and information about travling with train to other sigthseeings

We would very much like to live at this hotel again in our next trip to Gdansk :)
    • Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately the wifi was no good. In the reception it was top score, but in our room it was no good...

Gdansk is a beautiful city and the hotel is within easy walking distance
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms on the front could be noisy at night due to a nearby bar.

Very friendly staff. Excellent location. Great breakfast

Thanks to the wonderful staff the stay became a success

Kelbasa

A fantastic staff!

No lift

No lift

Top location in Old Town.
    • Double or Twin Room

Top location in Old Town. Nice staff!

centrally located, good value for money, tasty breakfast

---

centrally located, good value for money, tasty breakfast

Only polish Tv Channel.

Only polish Tv Channel.

hospitality

wall to wall carpet.

hospitality

Location close to Old Town.
    • Double or Twin Room

Narrow beds. A bit tiny breakfast.

Location close to Old Town. Separate apartment with two bedrooms. Very friendly staff.

A charming little hotel close to all the city centre...
    • Double or Twin Room

A charming little hotel close to all the city centre attractions. Very helpful staff and nice breakfast. Will definetely reccomend to my friends!

Comfortable place to stay.
    • Double or Twin Room

Location very good: close to the centre but quiet district. Room was big (about 30m2) and airy.

Very good location, few minutes walk to the old town, and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Very good location, few minutes walk to the old town, and very friendly staff.

very good
    • Double or Twin Room

well located hotel, very good value

Good spot, I highly recommend this place....
    • Double or Twin Room

Very nice staff, good hospitality and excellent location.

Fine

Nothing really

Staff were lovely!

Excellent value for money!
    • Double or Twin Room

A little bit more light at the bedside to read.

Excellent value for money!

It was lovely

Room a bit noisy

Staff were lovely. Location v close to old town

Very friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very friendly staff. Room was clean and breakfast was excellent. This hotel is very good place to go old town's restaurants etc.

We'll meet again 😀
    • Double or Twin Room

We were satisfied with this amusing hotel

Very friedly and warm service. Very good breakfast

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Supernice Owner and staff

Supernice Owner and staff

Nice and pleasant
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The absence of an elevator.

Host was friendly and helpful, breakfast was rich and nicely served, rooms were clean and well maintained

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Good value for down town Gdansk
    • Double or Twin Room

Street parking can be a problem, no elevator, rooms are on 4 floors.

Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Quality accomodation for a moderate price

Breakfast not included.

Great location next to the old town, very spacious room and friendly personnel.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

great location and nice staff
    • Double or Twin Room

no elevator, had to carry our luggage to the top floor; 2 twin beds instead of one double asked

great location and nice staff

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Location plus value for money over the holiday period

Location plus value for money over the holiday period

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Dirty , no good breakfurts cold koffie noise musik during...
    • Double or Twin Room

Dirty , no good breakfurts cold koffie noise musik during breakfurts staff no good

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Very good location, tasty breakfast, small minus
    • Double or Twin Room

Empty wine bottle left in the room.

Very good location, tasty breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Friendly hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Fantastic location with lovely surroundings

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Entry arrangements.

Price, location, small-scale. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Close to the Old Town
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed was too hard. Had to ask for room to be serviced after 3 days with no servicing.

Location close to the Old Town. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2016

Small hotel, good location.

No elevator and I had to carry my bag up to the fourth floor. I was able to do this but a weaker person may not. I didn't notice the lack of this facility when booking.

Small hotel, good location.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2016

-Big and specious room

-Breakfast was a bit poor -TV, especially in the room of that size should be slightly bigger than the laptop screen -no bar or any nearby store which would be open after 22:00 - part of a dirty old rug, cover by the square patch of another same rug... Creative ;)

-Big and specious room -Huge windows and high ceiling

• Reviewed: 20 January 2016

Double bed, was not really double but two twin beds connected, so if you want to sleep in the middle you keep falling in-between mattresses

Great location Free breakfast Possible late checkout

• Reviewed: 5 January 2016

So close to old town and many of the places to see.

Booked a premium doubke room which was two single beds pushed together. a central light in the room would have been helpful

So close to old town and many of the places to see. warm close to fantastic restaurants unobtrusive at breakfast time

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

the location, the breakfast very good, the atmosphere in the...

not all our beds were very new, but that was the only negative thing we had

the location, the breakfast very good, the atmosphere in the whole house good, and the bathroom very up to date.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

The location just outside gate to the old town is perfect.

Don't believe them about the free parking - this is on street and never available. Best not to bring a car at all if you can avoid it.

The location just outside gate to the old town is perfect. Large, comfortable room.with fresh decor. Good spread for breakfast.

There are also 47 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.