Reviews of Pokoje Gościnne Wiślna

Wiślna 5, Old Town, 31-007 Kraków, Poland

#24 of 81 B&Bs and Inns in Kraków

9.8

• Double or Twin Room

We had the top floor loft room, it was a climb, but to be honest for all we were in the room, so 2 climbs a day. Apart from that, for what we paid it was great.

Location, smack on it.

Because there was only one window, the air exchange was not plentiful, but was adequate.

The apartment manager picked us up at the airport for no extra charge and was super helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Great accommodation right in the center, but the room was quiet. Nice center of Krakow. Breakfast at the nearby restaurant was fantastic rich. Great coffee. The room and bedroom were very clean, the bed was comfortable. We were very satisfied and we really recommend this accommodation for nice time in Krakow.

• Double or Twin Room

Some of the advertised facilities were shared - the fridge, the iron, the kettle .... The sound proofing between rooms was ver ypoor, and my neighbours were loud at night. 73 steps to reach my room - no mention in the advertisement.

The free airport pick-up. ((You need to stay 3 days or more)

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was small for the comfort. The floor mat in the bathroom was not absorbing the water.

Very good hospitality. I liked the host and his followup. Continental Breakfast was really awesome. The host provided the options for type of egg (scrambled, fried, boiled).

Absolutely nothing.

Beautifully clean. Friendly welcome. Big two bedroom apartment. Wonderful breakfast and packed us breakfast for when we went on tour early. Can't wait to go back. Literally minutes from square which is beautiful. Also every restaurant was such good value.

Honestly, nothing

The hotel is beautifully situated in the heart of the historic center, just besides the large Ryneck Glowny square, lined with restaurants and on which stands some magnificent Gothic bell towers. The hotel is quiet, our room as well as the adjoining rooms, was located in a quiet inner courtyard. Our room was large with a capacity of four people and had a kitchen. The equipment was complete and recent. Michel, the owner of the hotel and the young lady who took care of the reception for breakfast, are lovely people, very professional and available. Michel's proposal to pick us up for free at the airport was a real bonus. Daniel and Caroline

We are very happy that we were staying at this apartment. Amazing host, several meters to the Square, VERY clean. The only “problem” is stairs but it was ok anyways. Will definitely come back!

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Ideal place for young couples. The apartment was very nice and perfectly in the old city center. The owner has been at our full disposal also during the Easter holiday: he came to pick us up at the airport and the apartment has been guaranteed for ALL the last day (check out was expected at 11:00). Impossible not to recommend this stay!!! Ciao, Matteo e Luana (Italy)

• Double or Twin Room

Room very basic, but fine and a rather scary staircase.

Wonderful staff, helpful, friendly and warm. Fabulous and generous breakfast. Perfect location. And such good value!

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The 62 stairs up a narrow winding staircase made access difficult. The room was in the loft so we had to bend down. My husband is 6ft 2 so it was awkward for him.

Very clean room.

• Double or Twin Room

The old stairs to the 2nd floor were uneven. There is no place to keep the kinderwagon on the ground floor. The electric sockets were not well placed for mobile charging.

The hosts were very friendly. Breakfast was very good. Pickup from the airport was included. The location was next to the main square (a big advantage).

• Double or Twin Room

The only negative is there is no lift so no good for people with disabilities.

Excellent location near the market square. We were there 7 days within that time we had our towels changed three times and bedding once. Nice and warm and the staff were approachable and helpful. I would certainly return.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4-6 Adults)

Lots of stairs and no lift into the apartment for elderly parents but we knew this before booking and this definitely wouldn't put us off booking again

Excellent location steps from the square. Cosy warm apartment. Owner so friendly and helpful. Helped us book trips and transport.

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The only thing i didnt like was the outside sters for our room on the 2 floor. A little bit scary at night on -10

Tha room was big clean with all the luxuries we need. colorfull and Warm the breakfast is very good.

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

It was very noisy in the kitchen next door early so I didn't get my Sunday morning sleep in: compared to value for money, comfort and location this is a nothing problem for me but others should know.

Always important: got a good personal welcome

Many stairs and no elevator, but it is almost the same everywhere in Krakow center. Lots of noise at night from street below. With better sound isolation around the windows it would be much better. But because the location is almost at the main square its understandable.

Perfect location almost at the main square. Very nice and serviceminded staff. They helped us with transfer and information. The breakfast was very nice with lots of choices. Big rooms with nice beds.

• Double or Twin Room

The stairs. People need to be warned about the how many steps there are just to get to the reception area then the other steps to get to the room. The staff were not accessible and we were not informed about the times for the breakfasts so we ate elsewhere.

The location & the price.

• Double or Twin Room

There was nothing that we did not like, but it not advisable to go there if you have trouble with stairs as there is a few to negotiate .

As regular travellers throughout Poland we are usually wary about hotels and hostels. But in this case my partner Ala and myself where pleasantly surprised , from entering the Pokoje Goscinne we where made very welcome everything was explained fully in English ( I'm English ) and my partner is Polish. The owners ,Kasia and Michal , and staff member Marysia ,where on hand each morning at breakfast , and we had good conversations about the area where to go what to see , the breakfast was good each day , continental one day scrambled eggs another, and fried eggs and sausage, toasted ham and cheese on another .there is tea and coffee facilities and also a fridge. The room was a good size ,the bed very comfortable , with good size duvets , the pillow was a little small for me, but had I asked,then I'm sure the owners would have supplied me with another, the bathroom was a little small , but usable for the three days that we where there. The place is very clean and functional, I had a good wi fi conection The Pokoje Goscinne is central for everything in Kraków centre , it is one minute , and I mean only one minute from the main square , trams and buses are just minutes away. Our stay was very comfortable ,and we will go there again later in the year. Alicja & Robert

• Studio Apartment (4 Adults)

Shower wasn't great but I'm nit picking here.

Fantastic location only a few pages from the main square. The room was cosy for four but as it was one adult and 3 children it worked fine. Michael arranged a tour into the mountains which included a visit to a thermal spa near Zakopane, this turned out to be an unexpected highlight of our visit.

• Double or Twin Room

What I didn't really like, I already read in other rewievs. Actually should be more comfortable without that long tight spiral staircase outside the building to reach the apartment. Wifi signal was not strong enough to cover the entire place. by the way not big issues, I'm really satisfied!

Very good location and position. Really clean and perfumed. Bed was really comfortable, room big and comfortable as well. Toilette and shower were also good. I found towels and soap. I felt like to be in an Hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

I booked this room because a free shuttle to the airport was included. But finally they told me that I needed to book 3 nights otherwise the shuttle was not available....

Clean and well equipped room

• Double or Twin Room

As I mentioned earlier we had a early check in. I received an email from the hotel owner where he said the room was ready between 7-8 am. We arrived a little bit earlier but the room was not ready till 8 so we had to wait very long on the street. They also mention they have a 24 hours reception but there is like no reception at all. With the check in I did not even had to show my reservation and the woman who checked us in cannot even speak English. She explained nothing. With the checkout I had to call a number to ask how to checkout because they did not said anything. I had to leave the key in the room. So we did not even really saw the staff.

The room was really big for 2 persons and it was a really comfortable room in a really great location. Everything where we want to go was accessible by foot. And it was really nice we were able for a early check-in because we travelled the whole night.

The entrance hall was a bit shabby which might put some off but the accommodation was excellent clean but basic and good value.

The location was excellent, right near the square but no noise at night time to disturb. Michael was an excellent host nothing was too much trouble. He organised the taxi to and from the airport for us and our friends, who were staying at another hotel nearby.

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The accommodation in a great location, and Very clean, host goes the extra mile Breakfast really good. Kraków was amazing - clean, very cheap and loads to do.

• Double or Twin Room

The only drawback is there a lot of stairs to the room and if you are not good on stairs it would be an issue, but the room was lovely.

The owner couldn't have been more helpful if he had tried, we were out early one day and he prepared breakfast for us to take with us. The property is about 100 yards from the main square with loads of restaurants close by.

• Double or Twin Room

This was my second stay at this place, and the first one was indeed fabulous (probably because we had an apartment). This time I booked a room with 2 beds (travelling with my mom), but when we arrived, the host told me the only room he has is a double-bed room. This was quite embarrassing, and he did not inform us earlier about that. The walls and the door are extremely thin, we heard everything that was going on in the corridor and in the breakfast room. On our second day some people turned on radio at 2:00 am and we had to enjoy a morning program for over one hour. The heating was quite poor and we had to wear sweaters in the room the whole stay. In the Room Facilities it is clearly stated, that the room has (among others) a fridge, an electric kettle and kitchen utensils. This is not true, all that can be found in the corridor and must be shared with other guests. It's ok, but when I pointed out that the description does not correspond to the reality, the host made a surprised face and said he knows nothing about it. No single word of apology also for the bed issue. Summary: This was the first time I stayed twice in the same hotel, but there will be no third stay there.

Clean bathroom, very hot water.

• Studio Apartment (2 - 3 Adults)

Washroom was not clean, when we came. But room was ok. Internet is very slow and works only if you put device on the window.

The place is in the historic city center, 1 minute walk from the square. It is calm and cosy.

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Access room from spiral staircase outside of building

Clean tidy and close to the square. The owner Michael and his daughter were really nice and happy to help organise trip to salt mines. Breakfast was lovely and fresh. Literally 2 mins walk from the main square

Only downside was the spiral staircase we had to go up and down to our room but I suppose that was part of the character of the building.

The hotel was basic but suited our needs and the room was very clean and comfortable. The location was perfect to access all the local amenities and discover Krakow, if you are looking for somewhere just to put your head down and be close to everything then this is the place.

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Windy, metal staircase to our room, which was not so nice in the dark. Room could have been warmer.

Friendly staff, free airport shuttle (one way), location excellent, breakfast good.

• Studio Apartment (4 Adults)

The apartment entrance at 2nd floor reachable only via very steep stairs - not for handicaped or disabled at all, no elevator.

Very polite and helpfull owner - solved the parking just around the corner. Great breakfast. Comfortable beds.

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

A word of advice: unless you're 5 ft 7 or less (170 cm), check that you're lodged in the main building, not on the opposite side above the spiral staircase. The stairs are uncomfortable and you constantly risk hitting your head. And the room in the attic is also cramped due to the low ceiling.

First and foremost, the location. Just around the corner of Rynek Glówny: you can't get any better in Kraków. Then there's really helpful staff, doing their best to help you out in whatever you want (like leaving your suitcases until 9 PM on the day of departure, even though there's no reception) and excellent breakfast (again, the managing couple is just fantastic, offering double or triple helpings of whatever you may like, fresh scrambled eggs for example).

• Double or Twin Room

It's an exceptional cosy and neat place in the very heart of Krakow. I liked the kindness of the host, the old-fashioned view on a backyard from a window, tasty breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

The hosts were helpful and accommodated our relatively late check in. The room was adequate for the price and very central. If you are looking for a no frills very central place, this Is it.

The stairs ,

we stayed here for four days, than went to a friends polish wedding for three days than had a further four days in this guest house and on both occasions our stay was great, we met all kinds of people including polish people who stayed here also, our hosts Michael and Kasia were both kind and caring great breakfast with a different variety each day, There is an Italian restaurant in the basement , a restaurant next door, with a great location with every thing close to hand,

the stairs.

we were collected from the airport by a private car, the company was very nice, and informed us we would be staying in one of the best locations in Krakow, which was correct just off the main central square, with restaurants and shops all around, the guest house is in a three hundred year old building up a series of wooden stairs, the two bedroom apartment was large with an eclectic range of furniture, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom was large with a separate bath and shower, ,with towels soap and shampoo, there was a kitchen unit with an electric kettle with china cups and plates and cutlery, just outside the apartment next to the breakfast room there was a shared fridge where you could put milk etc, the breakfast was great Michael and his wife kasia would cook you eggs to order, various breads yoghourts and fruits, jugs of fruit juice, plates of ham cheese salami were put on your table if you ate all of the meat they would give you more including tea and fresh real coffee, nothing was too much trouble Michael takes bookings for trips including the salt mines and Auschwitz/ birkenau memorial, they are both caring and genuine people,

• Double or Twin Room

- very close to the city centre, almost on the main square, room located to the other side, thus very quiet - friendly owners - nice homemade breakfast - nice and clean room with good wifi connection - old stairway and corridor with historical atmosphere, no ghost included :-)

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

I had to wait when I arrived because there weren't anyone in the hotel. So after some period of waiting I needed to call to the owner. It was impossible to eat breakfast before 9, and coffee machine was broken

• Double or Twin Room

I think the owner is Meackel and he is Kind ,friendly and took care of us well . The Breakfast is perfect and there is everythink on the table ( Honey , juice , egg ,cheese , fruit yogurt and diffrent good Cofffe . This " hotel or Guest house " there is on " Big square ( Maista krakow ) so i recommend this place for other traveller .

The spiral staircase up to the rooms was ok with anybody with small suitcase, but was a problem with large suitcases .

Beds were very comfortable, lots of food at breakfast , cereals , bread , cheese , ham , jams , scrambled eggs , sausages , fruit juices. Owners even gave us a key to the office after checking out to leave our luggage there till our taxi arrived . They booked us taxis and would help with everything !

Stairs and no lift.

Perfect location. Right in the old town centre. Caution: Lots of steep stairs and no lift, so not great for heavy luggage. Otherwise all ok.

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

We were top of a spiral staircase and breakfast room was located in another building

Very friendly and welcoming hosts .lovely breakfast and full of information for guests

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The entrance is quite weird, but go ahead the room is worth.

Michal really helped picking us on the airport. The room is very confortable and the value is honest.

• Double or Twin Room

Couldn't get wi-fi in room (it was the furthest away from reception). No furniture on balcony to enjoy the views on warm evening. Dining area a little dated.

Good location, short walk to centre, easy to park outside, room appeared to have been upgraded to a suite, so excellent. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Double or Twin Room

I didn't mind but someone might have troubles to get the stairs up to the rooms when have been walked around Krakow all day.

Excellent location. Very friendly staff!! Reallyreally nice breakfest 😊 I can recommender this hostel to all my friends 😊 So thank you Michail & co 😊

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

- like 5 million stairs to the room with no lift. Half of our stay my partner was sick and it was really hard for him to go up and down the stairs. Very narrow, long and scary staircase :/

- Location. Neighborhood was simply perfect, close to all attractions of Krakow - Supermarkets all around for night shopping - Very delicious breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The building was hard to find because is not a big hotel entrance but just an apartment block.

The location was excellent and the breakfast was more than I expected, the staff was very helpful

• Double or Twin Room

- The bathroom was really small but had everything we need. - The room was on the last floor, no elevator (historical buildings inside the city center, so all have a wood staircase)

- Room was big enough with a big window, the room was on a roof top and got hot during the day but there was a very good AC so was really easy and fast to get the comfort temperature that we wanted. - The owner and his wife were fantastic persons and the breakfast was awesome! The breakfast room was one floor below. Huge variety of things to eat and great quantity. - There was tea facilities and a fridge outside the room in a common area shared with other room. - There was no room service during the stay (monday to friday), for some that is a bad thing but for me it is a positive thing :) - The location is fantastic. A few meters from the city main square really close to all main visiting points. It have a convenience store on the adjacent building If I will return to the city, I will book here again for sure

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

The room we stayed in was located on the top floor, three floors up using a outside metal staircase. I didn't mind this but my partner who doesn't usually struggle with heights found this extremely nerve wracking. This hotel states it has wifi in all locations but we didn't have wifi in the room for all 5 days of our stay. Might not be a problem for some but I like to be able to check out reviews of restaurants and we use wifi for some of our maps and guides so it was reallly inconvenient. The towels weren't automatically replaced after a few days and the hairdryer isn't very powerful, it sounded like it was dying after a couple minutes use. I would recommend taking one if you haven't got the patience of a saint or fluff like hair.

The location was amazing. It is less than a street away from the old square, yet it is still really quiet and the only noise was from the church bells which was lovely. The kitchen is well equipped for a kitchenette. The airport pick up was brilliant, our flight was delayed by 2.5 hours and it didn't cause any problems. The shower was powerful and the water was always warm. Great value for money.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Shower and bathroom facility is tight.

Couldn't have asked for a better location in the center of Krakow. Breakfast was very good. Michal was very helpful and kind.

not a lot

the location of the apartment was excellent but we would have never have found it if we had not had a taxi from the airport. the apartment was spotless and the owner was very helpful and polite finding us a taxi for our departure at 4.15 am the taxi gentleman was also helpful and polite an excellent experience

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

External spiral staircase to enter to the rooms is uncomfortable and narrow while you are going up and getting of with suitcases. There is not wifi.

Position in the centre of the city, cleaness and kitchen in the room.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

No complaints

In centre of Krakow, old appartment converted into rooms. Krakow is full of history and climbing wooden stairs to this appartment you can sense the history.. Very friendly staff, large double room, exceptionally clean, what is there to say bad?

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

The outside spiral staircase in wet weather.

The proximity to the square and Michael offering a beautiful breakfast in the morning and collecting us from the airport which saved a load of hassle.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

I don't get how it's in Booking.com, as it's not a Hotel. You just rent a room there's no lobby , no reception desk.. nothing like a Hotel.

Location, just 20 meters from the main square.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

We enjoyed our stay in Pokoje Gościnne Wiślna. It is in a perfect place in the Old Town. The room is fully equipped and really clean. The owner was friendly, helpful and polite. I highly recommend it and definitely wish to visit again!

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Perfect location just in the middle of the Old Town! Great facilities. Super warm rooms! Very clean! We've been offered an apartment in the price of the double room - don't know the exact reason but cannot complain, it was awesome! Hosts super warm and helpful. Definitely will go back in the future whenever back in Kraków! Thank you so much!

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

bed was very comfy, the room was very nice for the price, breakfast excellent for 5 quid. location perfect. the hosts were very nice too. would definitely stay here again...

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom very small and shower not confortable. I heard a loudy TV from other room all the day

Perfect location, good first impression, helpfull staff.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

We were there for 4 days and the towels were not changed. The 73 steps to the apartment (I realise nothing can be done about that)

Great location, good value, close tp lots of bars and cafes

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The owner is interested in your well being, not only in your money. He did everything he could to make me feel comfortable. He spent time searching for a last minute place in a tour, and again for a seat at a Chopin recital. Also, the location can't be better.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Very heavy spiral staircase to the attic. otherwise everything is fine

Beautiful, quiet location in the heart of Krakow. Very nice and hospitable hosts.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

No Room Service for 5 days - Had to use damp towels and sleep in the same sheets for our total stay. Room access via a spiral fire escape with low headroom. Banged head many times whilst walking down steps before 'learning' to crouch all the way down. Lots of noise from neighbours accessing rooms late at night and banging doors. Only one set of keys. WiFi a bit hit and miss.

Michael the owner collected us from the Airport & brought us to the Apartment. Perfect Location right next to the Main Square in Krakow. Good Sized clean room on upper floor with small Kitchenette, WC/Shower. Large Shared Refrigerator with freezer. Good Value considering the Location.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Apartment was on the top floor and only way to enter was by climbing a spiral 63 metal steps on the outside, not very suitable for a mature couple. Inside the apartment was small and one side of the room slopped to one side thus having to bend down to avoiding hiting ones head

Location was very central

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

3 flights of run-down steps to the apartment. We thought long and hard before going back to the apartment for anything!

Superb location. Friendly staff. Utterly silent. Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

Low ceiling in the room wasn't expected. And high round staircase can be difficult for some people.

Location is perfect, very nice and friendly personnel, clean room.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms and the dustbin could be cleaned everyday!

We had no breakfast, the room was OK, the bed was comfortable, but the toilet was too small. So called kitchen wasn´t a kitchen at all - just a small fridge and a kettle for boiling water just outside the room. Wifi was alright.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Studio Apartment (2 - 3 Adults)

It was a bit annoying having to lock 2 doors just to get out - but at least it is secure!

I liked the location and the fact that it was so close to the old town centre - a few minutes walk from everything. I also liked the shower

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Studio Apartment (2 Adults)

External spiral staircase 3 floors up was scary for those who fear heights. Small apartment with sloped ceiling.

Location excellent. Owner very helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Studio Apartment (2 - 3 Adults)

The location was amazing! You go outside and you are exactly at the Main Square. The room was very clean and we had all we needed. Our room was on the second floor and we had to use the stairs outside,but it was not a probem at all. :)

• Double or Twin Room

Room was very hot at night needed a fan

Great location, friendly staff, immaculate room, beds were really comfortable

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (4-6 Adults)

Very clean very helpful BRILLIANT location

• Double or Twin Room

Location in the middle of the Old Town, clean, comfortable and reasonably priced, breakfast in owners cafe, very helpful owners.

Browse Pokoje Gościnne Wiślna traveller photo gallery