Reviews of Hotel Polonia Palace 4 stars

#4 of 198 hotels in Warsaw

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Really enjoyed our stay . Will definitely recommend it

Nothing !

Comfortable room .Great breakfast with lots of choices. Location is central but not in the old town..(about 20 min walk.). Really nice stuff.

This property is a must if planning a trip to Warsaw!
    • Standard Double

This property is a must if planning a trip to Warsaw! The staff were very friendly and helpful! The restaurant in the hotel was lovely. The rooms were kept clean and the location was perfect!

Lovely building, excellent facilities and friendly and helpful staff. Thank you
    • Deluxe Double Room

No fault of the Hotel but the Breakfast room was far too crowded with not enough tables. Perhaps a larger room could be used when so many people having breakfast which would be a more peaceful and pleasant experience. Very noisy.

The food in the Lobby bar was good and the staff always very helpful

Another great stay
    • Superior Double

My second stay at this hotel. A great location when arriving by train. And fantastic view of the Culture & Science Building. And despite being on a busy street the room was very quiet.

We VERY MUCH enjoyed our stay in this hotel - unfortunately...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Could not find anything negative.

We VERY MUCH enjoyed our stay in this hotel - unfortunately only for our last night stay in Poland. Great location, super staff, every mod-com one would (not) expect, good restaurants (enjoyed the Greek and Ukrainian food (promotion week). Very nicely furnished, large room - no complains whatsoever. Will be back on our next trip to Poland.

Beautiful classic architecture of the hotel building and...
    • Superior Double

Beautiful classic architecture of the hotel building and lobby which is harder and harder to find in other places. Excellent breakfast with lots of choices.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Pleasant but with some irritating episodes (telephone, tv)
    • Standard Twin Room

Tv not working, telephone in the room with wrong info re service/Reception numbers- spent too much time trying to work out how to call Reception and room service, in the end went downstairs myself.

Brilliant location, very clean Very helpful and lovely staff Asked for a quiet room, and got exactly what I asked for, so after a night sleep felt very well rested in a quiet room.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Comfortable but not so welcoming

As last time the staff wears pins that say "Yes, with pleasure" but they are all pretty rude. Even when other guests were asking about parking it seemed like they were scolding, instead of helping the guests. The hotel parking is very tricky and many times completely full, better to find public parking around the hotel.

This was our second time at Polonia Palace. It's really very comfortable and has a regal feel to it. Prices are higher than nearby (very good) hotels but the look of the property matches to its price.

A pleasureable stay, excellent location and equally excellent staff!
    • Standard Double

I liked everything! I felt very well looked after in all ways.

The hotel and its location are excellent and in my opinion should have at least four and a half stars. The staff, from the cleaners up to the desk clerks went of of their way to be helpful and pleasant. The breakfast and the coffee was amazing too, if too expensive. I couldn't recommend the hotel more! Nurit, Australia

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Affordable upscale hotel with great location

The hotel is a beautiful property with an excellent location. The room was large and very comfortable, with a great view of the Palace of Culture. It is only a short walk from the main railway station in Warsaw. The staff was very kind, and even offered us the use of umbrellas in the rain. Breakfast was fantastic, lots of options! Excellent amenities at a very reasonable price.

Definitely worth it.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We've booked 1 apartment room for 2 adults+2 kids. the room was prepared and we'd to call and ask to set it. it was handled very quickly, however is should've been prepared in advance. Staff approved they had this ifnroamtion. Gym is small. 1 of each device - threadmill and elliptic. Also the sign said entrance by card from 7-23, however at 22:45 it didn't open. the receptionist told me it's till 22:00 -> So why not fixing the sign? anyway it was addressed immediately and someone opened the door for me. Another thing -> location: to reach any bus\tram you must go underground and cross the street. elevators on the street are not fully working and we got stuck in 1 of them. better use the stairs. we were with a stroller which made it a bit complicated to go from and to the hotel.

Breakfast is wonderful, tasty with a lot to choose from. great coffee machines (3 of them) which helped to avoid any delay. room is very big and quite. we asked for late checkout and get till 14:00 without additionl payment or till 16:00 with 25 euro addition. it was totally acceptable.

• Superior Double

Decor was bland, staff were not particularly friendly , rooms felt like budget hotel style. £100 per night in Warsaw for this hotel just doesn’t seem value for money. If I were to go back I would choose elsewhere and pay slightly more.

Location. Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great location but rooms could use an update.
    • Standard Twin Room

Rooms and hotel were a little outdated. The main lobby is excellent but interior of floors and rooms could use a minor facelift. All and all still a good hotel.

Hotel is in a great location. Near city centre and major public transportation hubs.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Thank you for being awesome.

Not applicable.

A must visit hotel in Warszawa, The best breakfast in Poland with vodka and sparkling wine. Professional and fasts service. We love everything about this place.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The hotel looks beautiful, almost as another landmark of the...

Nothing, all perfect!

The hotel looks beautiful, almost as another landmark of the city. It is stylish, nicely decorated, clean and with friendly stuff. The rooms was magnificent, breakfast delicious and of plenty of choice. Internet connection on the room was perfect, i was able to work from there and stream series with no problem. I would totally recommend it and come back if we visit Warsaw.

must stay in warsaw

everything is good

very good location, great breakfast, fast check out, room size is brilliant and old town is a walk away. Metro is as though connected to the hotel

Elegant and cosy hotel, I wish the recetion girls would smile more
    • Standard Double

.Breakfast was very good ( we even drank champagne) ,although the place was crowded. The WiFi password was replaced every day

Very nice and elegant hotel . We got very quite room as we had requested. I had some problem with WiFi connection, the girl in reception tried her best to solve but did not.

When in Warsaw, you must stay here. Very comfortable and an outstanding breakfast. Great views too.
    • Standard Double

The duvet cover of the bed could have been a little bigger but that is a very small issue.

Honestly everything was great. The room was very comfortable and soundproof with excellent aircon which made our stay very worthwhile. The breakfast was one of the best we have ever had at a hotel.

This is a very, very nice luxury hotel.

Parking could be identified and managed better, but ultimately it was not a big deal. We parked around the corner (street parking) for 4 PLN overnight.

This is a very, very nice luxury hotel. It is comparable to what you would expect in an upscale Hilton or Ritz Carlton in the US. Everything was top notch: very clean, very comfortable, and very modern. If we travel to Warsaw again, we will check availability here first. It is very close to many restaurants and stores. We took an Uber to the Old Town (rather than public transport or driving) and it costs 13 PLN or ~$3 one way. Totally worth it to get there, enjoy an adult beverage, and not have to worry about driving home. Great location, great hotel. Also, I appreciated the free bottles of water in the room, rather than being charged a ridiculous amount for them.

Was very nice
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

For breakfast, we had to wait until a seat was free (~10 minutes)

Very nice Hotel, relatively luxuriously (though a bit with the typical Business charm). Tremendous breakfast

Staff, especially David who runs the Bar at the hotel was...
    • Superior Twin Room

Staff, especially David who runs the Bar at the hotel was very attending to our diet needs. This is in addition to a great hotel, large rooms at a great location.

A great spot in Warsaw.
    • Superior Double

Air conditioning was almost too powerful.

Courteous and helpful staff. Very close to the station - no taxi required. Around 20 minutes to Old Town by public transport. Great breakfast with plenty of choice. The foyer was a pleasant place to sit

Great place to stay next time it will be for more than one night

all was excellent

great location excellent services the restaurant was outstanding especially the breakfast. Close to railway and the old town The staff were superb could not be more helpful

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Lovely hotel in good location
    • Superior Double

Even though our room was promoted as having city views, we had only internal facing windows with no views. When I questioned this, I was told that city views depended on availability. I travel with medication that needs to be temperature controlled and so I have a medical fridge bag. I asked the hotel staff if they could place the ice bricks from my medical fridge bag in their freezer as I needed them for the next part of our journey. Unfortunately, a staff member must have removed the ice bricks from their freezer and did’t let me know, even though my name and room number was on them. Unfortunately on the morning we were leaving, the ice bricks were returned to me at room temperature, which meant they could not be used. We had to improvise with ice cubes. I wasn’t impressed.

The hotel is very close to the main train station and buses and trams are also nearby. We were able to walk to lots of great restaurants, including Radio Cafe and Lokanta. Our room was quite spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Lovely luxury hotel Old school
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lovely luxury hotel Old school Beautiful room overlooking The Palace of Science And culture Nice Bar and Lobby Plenty good restaurants and bars and action just down the road

We stayed here for two nights.
    • Superior Double

We stayed here for two nights.Good location-near the main train station/5-6 min walk/ and shopping mall-Złote Tarasy .There are a lot of shops across the street,Near is the stop of bus 175-from and to airport and Old town.The subway in front of the hotel is a bit confusing. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Bright, comfortable room that faced an inner courtyard and very queit.The breakfast was excellent with lots of hot and cold options.There were amazing chocolate desserts!The breakfast room was a bit small and overcrowded, but I think there is an extension process.We are happy with our stay in the hotel!

Would not stay here again because of the bad Wifi
    • Superior Twin Room

WiFi is free because it barely works. Kept getting dropped. the WiFi to use WhatsApp is not reliable because of the dropping situation. When friends in the city are trying to call or text using WhatsApp, it will not work because you will not be connected. When I went to the front desk to inquire about the Wifi dropping situation, first she told me it was because I had an iPhone and not an android. When I replied that I didn't have this problem at my hotel in Krakow a couple of days ago, she then told me nobody ever complained about being dropped before.

clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Really lovely stay!
    • Superior Double

Just one thing, the parking is not on site, but only a short walk away.

This is a really lovely hotel, very nice staff and so helpful! Can’t thank them enough!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The hotel offers generously sized, quiet, and...
    • Superior Single Room

Nothing comes to mind that I did not like.

The hotel offers generously sized, quiet, and air-conditioned rooms. The service was impeccable. I was especially pleased that I had to walk from the station Warszawa Centralna only about 250 meters along the main road to reach the lobby.

Made Warsaw special
    • Standard Double

The location, decor and atmosphere are great. A helpful and smoothly run hotel with a wonderful history. Very comfortable and great value for money. Superb breakfast. Totally recommend.

Great central location, large beautiful room and bathroom,...
    • Standard Double

I had very high expectations for the breakfast based on the reviews and while it was good, I wouldn't say it was amazing. The breakfast room was very crowded and chaotic and the food was just decent, not particularly special.

Great central location, large beautiful room and bathroom, elegant traditional style, good value, early check in provided

Old world charm

Our stay was too short

The staff were excellent could not be more helpful. The hotel a great mix of old world charm with all the modern conveniences. Position ideal close to railway and not far from the old city. The breakfast was something to write home about. All in all it could not have been better.

Beautiful stay at historic hotel
    • Superior Twin Room

Too noisy, when you need to sleep with the windows open if your room faces the front / street

Very comfortable wide beds, awesome view at Palace of Culture, awesome breakfast, perfect loaction in the middle of the city, beautiful historic building with impressive entrance hall Enough parking lots nearby which is free at the weekends!

good loaction good food masive beds
    • Superior Double

the place is very posh and elegant should easily be a 5 star not a listed 4 star the breakfast on choice is out of this world ,personally I have used this hotel 3 times in he last year and it never has disappointed me easy 10 minute walk to the Warsaw Centralla train station as it just down the same street

Breakfast was awesome!
    • Superior Twin Room

Shower in the bathtub was a but slippery especially for senior people and the water splashes out due to how the bath tub is setup.

Breakfast was awesome! A wide variety to choose from :) room was spacious and cozy.

The location was great.
    • Superior Double

The air condition in our room did not work and the windows cannot be fully opened, only tilted.

The location was great. The hotel lobby is luxurious and very inviting. The rooms were very spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was generous. Staff was friendly.

Very welcoming hotel with excellent, personal customer care.
    • Superior Twin Room

Quite strange the chamber maid knocked and opened our door twice on the morning we departed - it seemed so out of place for this hotel.

I stayed at this hotel in Autumn 2017 for a week as I was on business. As a result of the experience I knew I had to come back and as my daughter was travelling in Eastern Europe during her holidays from University, I suggested we meet up in Warsaw. I am glad I returned

I highly recommend this hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast and bar staff were not that charming. The AC is our room did make some noise

the staff in general is very helpful with a sense of humor. the location is perfect.

Expensive and rather stuffy
    • Superior Single Room

There was no radio (music) and English language programmes on television were limited. What I did not like was being led to a seat at breakfast - there were nicer tables near the window for 1 or 2 people but I was not offered them and I was put close to a table where a woman had a streaming cold and was coughing and sneezing all over. I am certain I had booked breakfast but this was added to my bill and the cost of room service/restaurant was exorbitant.

The air conditioning was very effective, the room was very large and so was the bathroom and the bed was comfortable. The location was almost opposite the two train stations and the People's Palace so very central. The breakfast buffet was extensive, fruit juices and smoothies, cold meats and cheeses and fish - pickles and olives, hot pancakes with syrup, rosti, bacon and a variety of sausages, eggs fried and scrambled, tomatoes, mushrooms, cereals and dried fruit.

Fantastic hotel in the city center.

We liked everything.

Fantastic hotel in the city center. Delicious breakfast with a great variety of food. They even serve prosseco and vodka in the morning! Helpful and friendly staff. Impeccably clean.

Right choice
    • Deluxe Double Room

It was all good actually. It would be better if we could open the window though. It seemed like only decorative.

It was a nice hotel right next to cultural center of warsaw. It was quite close to all kind of public transportation such as metro, tram, bus. Room was comfortable and clean.

It was my second time to live in that hotel and I highly...
    • Deluxe Double Room

It was my second time to live in that hotel and I highly recommend it to everybody. It is a very high level business type of hotel. Price is high but service and rooms are worth of that. I also would like to recommend to use the car service the hotel provide to customers to travel to the airport. It is practically the same price as taxi but much more comfortable and secure.

Breakfast supreme
    • Superior Twin Room

The layout was stylish. Rooms spaciou. The breakfast was the best range and quality of any hotel including 6 star plus. Range freshness were outstanding

A wonderful oasis to rest and reflect after a day's sightseeing
    • Standard Double

Room does not have a bath No bathrobe and slippers

Top class service from the staff Excellent restaurant on premises Tasty breakfast with huge variety Great location

Great hotel, wonderful staff!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Excellent hotel. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Room was spacious, clean and quiet. Breakfast was probably one of the best I have come across in my travels. I would definitely stay here again!

Warsaw
    • Standard Double

Only that we didn't get the tissues replenished

The character of the hotel the staff were friendly and helpful. Great breakfast and room service. The position was also great.

Perfect breakfast after all night party :)
    • Superior Double

Staff, location, breakfast (amazing) - especially for those who had a party last night (zubrovka and prosecco is served during the breakfast). Enjoy!

The rooms were big and the bed was comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

My room seemed a tad old. Some lamps would work only when they felt like it, the A/C control was half ripped off the wall and only worked once and two of the wall sockets were loose. They also overcharged, claiming I had opted into a breakfast and didn't even address me when I claimed otherwise.

The rooms were big and the bed was comfortable.

Wonderful, would certainly repeat and recommend to others.
    • Superior Twin Room

Ventilation or air conditioning in bathroom could be better. Also, rubber bath mats needed for older folk like me

Breakfasts were superb, delicious and amazing amount of choices. Beds very fresh and comfortable. Excellent, convenient location.

Beautiful historic building, well located in central Warsaw.
    • Superior Double

There was nothing that we disliked. Everything was impeccable.

Beautiful historic building, well located in central Warsaw. Service and facilities were excellent. Breakfast extensive. Restaurant meals fantastic.

Fantastic!
    • Superior Double

Cannot think of anything...everything was perfect and we have travelled extensively in Europe.

An amazing hotel..one of the best we have used in Europe. Very efficient and friendly staff...exceptionally clean and well maintained. The food was delicious at breakfast time and dinner time. Would highly recommend to family and friends and hope to stay again when we are in Warsaw.

Everything else was fantastic.
    • Standard Twin Room

The bathroom door was very heavy and the bathroom was very airless

Everything else was fantastic. This is a beautiful hotel in an excellent location and the breakfast buffet (room full of buffets!) has to be seen to be believed.

Very enjoyable short break. Staff very helpful on the desk.

I used the sauna, but no steam room or Jacuzzi so only spent 15 minutes down there. Didn't use the gym but it looked rather small.

Comfy bed and bedroom. Great food, especially the Polish special menu on the Friday night. Breakfast choices were good.

Wonderful Hotel and Staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

Sebastian at reception was particularly helpful with planning. He was very friendly and efficient. The room was large and very comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding!

A lovely weekend with great friends in a truly fabulous hotel.

Staff friendly, welcoming and patient. Offered 'deal' for breakfast at check in which was worth it. Had one of the best full body massages I've ever enjoyed in the hotel's wellness centre. Location is so central - anybody would like this hotel.

Luxury hotel in a marvelous building with some issues to improve.
    • Standard Double

Despite the breakfast being very good, the service was awful. Clearly the hotel is still understanding its capacity and structuring service. The food balconies, coffee machines and employees were insufficient for the number of people having breakfast. It seemed like a cantina in terms of service which is shameful for such a hotel.

The hotel was in a marvelous remodeled historic building with very fashionable refurbishment. Very fancy facilities with a great room and bathroom with everything very clean. It was the only room in Poland on our road trip where the curtains in fact blocked the sun light. The breakfast was very good in account of the variety and freshness of the food. The bread was marvelous.

Great location, impressive grand lobby, restaurant and bar...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Restaurant service a little slow but still friendly although was busy to be fair

Great location, impressive grand lobby, restaurant and bar both well designed; bed very comfortable. Staff friendly Dinner excellent

most enjoyable
    • Standard Double

Small thing...more pillows and an iron in the room as standard... not to have to request them

Spacious comfortable spotless room. Very helpful staff and huge breakfast selection.

Good value for money and a great hotel near transport.
    • Superior Double

A little far from the old city, but close to the station and other transport.

The stafff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel gave us a voucher for a welcome drink which was very unexpected. Nice breakfast. Beautiful flowers in the hotel!! Spacious, fresh feeling in the hotel.

Excellent hotel - great base for exploring Warsaw
    • Superior Double

Nothing - had a great time - will go back if I get a chance.

Exceptional level of service from all the staff! Very friendly hotel. Great room size. Excellent location for central station / trams / metro / bus. 20-25 mins walk from old town. Good restaurants around location.

Elegant hotel in an up and coming area.
    • Standard Double

Warsaw is a city in flux. The local area has many building sites, the road was being remade. The local architecture is mostly glass and concrete.

Beautiful building, friendly staff, great bar, well-provided rooms.

Luxurious comfort in a great location
    • Superior Twin Room

The breakfast is a bit pricey, we were able to eat out well around the corner for half the price.

The in-room kettle and bigger cups were great! Mini fridge available and daily complimentary water.

Breakfast was generous, tasty and well served.
    • Standard Double

Would not have minded a swimming pool in the hotel

Breakfast was generous, tasty and well served. Especially enjoyed the pianist who was performing while we were in the lobby in the evening. The staff were only too eager to assist us with a problem of lost luggage. Cordial friendly and effective problem solvers.

Very good hotel
    • Standard Double

A little dark on the street at night to be wandering looking for restaurants for example, but wouldnt interfere to stay here again for sure, very satisfeid with stay overall, highly recommended

Location, 3 min walk from train station(although a bit far from the old town (30 min walk). Everything was perfect in hotel, its a solid 4 star, modern hotel, very confortable, clean, spacious room and bathroom, people on reception were all very nice. Breakfast was excellent. They also have a restaurant were we had a dinner meal and enjoyed very much, quality food there.

Really helpful staff who went the extra mile to help.
    • Standard Double

Coffee served to table at breakfast would be great. The coffee in the machine wasn't brilliant and often queues waiting for it.

Really helpful staff who went the extra mile to help. Good choice at breakfast Beautiful building full of history

Good but not on the level of my last coming
    • Standard Double

U had to change room cause first one was without a bath tube. As on booking it says all rooms have bath tube. Last time i had taken the superior bedroom. Under that it is a normal hotel with really high price. So if you take a high level room go else change your mind.

Situation, average is really good. But expecting more for the price.

Quality hotel. Recommend asking for a quiet room.
    • Standard Double

Hotel taxi was booked for dinner, and staff allowed it to be hi-jacked by another guest.

Quality hotel with good room and super breakfast. Good location given Warsaw's geography. Get into the trams and buses! We probably wouldn't have wanted a room facing the main road.

Short and memorable.
    • Superior Double

Nothing. It was all excellent.

Everything! The ambience, staff, facilities, bar, breakfast, standard and cleanliness of our room. You could not have done any more to make our stay any more comfortable and looking forward my wife and I will make a point of booking the Polonia Palace as our place to stay in Warsaw.

we will be back...thanks Arnie

Absolutely nothing

All good as always...we try to stay their when in Warsaw...will do again and thank the staff for being courteous and looking after my wife and daughter.

Nice stay in a perfectly located hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

Our roon was cold and we were unable to make the heating work. It is a big hotel that hosts conventions and meetings, this somehow affected ous stay a bit

Explendid located hotel in an historic building. The breakfast buffet is of very good quality. All attractions of the city are in walking distance.

Best breakfast
    • Superior Double

There is nothing not to be liked about this hotel.

We've stayed in this hotel several times and it is always fabulous. The best hotel breakfast I've ever head, spacious rooms and a very good location, close to everything. 20 minute walk to the old town and a very nice restaurants in the neighbourhood. Will definitely stay there next time we're in Warsaw.

Fantastic
    • Standard Double

The breakfast are amazing and very good value for money, the bedrooms very clean, comfortable with everything you need from mini bar , nespresso machine kettle tea etc....definitely a place to stay when going to Warsaw!!

THE ROOMS ARE SOUNDPROOFED AND EVEN THOUGH IT WAS PACKED U WOULDN'T KNOW THRE WAS MANY IN IT -
    • Superior Double

THE RESTAURANT WAS EXPENSIVE MAYBE ANOTHER RESTAURANT WITH MORE CASUAL DINING .....ALSO LEISURE CENTRE WAS CLOSED ON SUNDAY FOR EASTER AND AS THE DAY WAS BITTER COLD ENDED UP BACK IN HOTEL WITH NOTHING TO DO ...THAT IS A PROBLEM WITH MOST OF THESE CITIES AT EASTER WHEN THEY SEEM TO CLOSED DOWN A LOT OF THE MUSUEMS WHICH IS RIDICULOUS ..................

THE BREAKFAST WAS FANTASTIC COULDN'T FAULT IT THERE WAS SO MUCH VARIETY AND EVEN CHAMPAGNE.

Perfect stay
    • Superior Double

The breakfast is the same each day, but it's still excellent.

Everything was absolutely great, perfect location, big room, comfortable bed, very kind staff, quick room service.

I would go back for breakfast, even if I didn't stay in Polonia again.
    • Standard Double

Would be nice to have a dressing gowns in the room. The room could have been a little cleaner, including the ventilation gap in the ceiling.

Excellent breakfast