Reviews of Hotel Garden 3 stars

Al. Piastów 14, 59-700 Bolesławiec, Poland

#6 of 8 hotels in Bolesławiec

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Very good breakfast, large rooms, nice garden and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Long check out (due to the problem with printer). Little bit too soft bad.

Very good breakfast, large rooms, nice garden and surrounding, no problem with parking, helpfull staff

Great hotel in a great area!

LOVE this hotel!!! Clean and nice area. Gated parking with lots of room. They were prepping for a wedding the next night and I could just imagine how nice this wedding would be in the surrounding garden and ball room. Really a great choice!

A garden jewel

The beds were very worn. We could feel the springs through the mattress, made for a sore bodies the next day. The cleaning products/room deodorizer used was too powerful. I am allergic to floral/powerful smells, I was very uncomfortable due to the chemicals. Not having fans in the room made for a hot night.

The hotel was beautiful, with a lovely garden area. Nice location. The staff was polite and friendly, food was delicious, and our triple room was spacious. The gated parking added more security.

Happy Ending to a Rough Day.
    • Double or Twin Room

We were booked for a double room with twin beds AND a balcony. This was further confirmed via messages/email. Upon arrival, we were.offered a room with two beds, but no balcony. The lady at.the desk explained that they had no more twin rooms with balcony access available, but offered to put my friend and I in a room with a double bed and balcony. After further discussion, it was decided that a cot would be brought to the double room. The cot was comfy, even though I am a very fluffy gal.

The staff were very accommodating. Breakfast was varied and satisfying. Thomas made us a cappuccino that was out of this world and gated parking made for a feeling of security.

We love staying in this hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower floor was a little slippery and should have a mat provided.

We had a wonderful room and balcony. The breakfast is great, and the staff are pleasant and helplful. We have stayed there before and were happy to have the opportunity to revisit the Garden Hotel.

Nice but nicer that it was 1 night.
    • Small Double Room

Beds were a bit small...the room was dated but cute. Our room had a bit of a smell and our windows could not be opened. A 300lb person would struggle in the corner shower.

Staff was very nice. Great location. Plenty of open parking. Charming hotel.

Great Family Time

The beds where a little too hard but other wise it was great.

Great staff very knowledgeable about the area and best things to do. You got your money worth for this room. WIFI very impress especially if you are traveling with Teens. Bathrooms where actually nice size.

It was “meh”
    • Small Double Room

Terribly smelling sheets. Very strong bleach odor. Acoustic bedrooms, I could hear people walking up the stairs and the upstairs neighbor using the bathroom.

convenient location. Good breakfast buffet

Charming with loads of character!

It was a charming Bed and Breakfast with tons of antiques and character . The rooms were spacious. Nice deep tub in the bathroom with lots of hot water and great water pressure. I loved the chairs in the rooms for comfy sitting and reading.

A very comforting experience!

We enjoyed everything!

The staff was so helpful and kind! They gave us so much information about themselves and the city we were visiting. If I ever go back we will be staying there again. 😊

Great old hotel, nice staff, would visit again.

Our 5th time in this hotel, and still enjoyed our stay. Very old hotel but they are trying to keep the atmosphere and looks from old times. Nice breakfast, very nice room we stayed in. There were three of us and we got a choice of rooms. I could get my favorite number 7 :)

Lovely stay in Boleslawiec.
    • Double or Twin Room

No lift, towels were a bit stiff, Christmas lights outside were annoying during the night as they were flashing constantly.

Liked the ambiance of the mid-century building. Rooms were very generous size. Breakfast was good.

Definitely recommend Hotel Garden!

Extra blankets or pillows in the room would be a good idea.

Room was spacious and clean, beds comfy, bathtub was amazing, breakfast was plentiful. Perfect place to stay if you're in town for some Polish Pottery shopping. I loved that you had a fan in the room :)

Beautiful hotel, clean rooms, huge parking lot, delicious...

Beautiful hotel, clean rooms, huge parking lot, delicious breakfast, and room with twin beds which is perfect for three friends going pottery shopping. And all of it for a great price.

Our stay was enjoyable.

We had a huge and inviting garden tub in the bathroom, but none of the jets on it worked. It was disappointing.

The hotel was beautiful, easy to find, and the staff was extremely helpful. Our room was cozy and comfortable. Dinner and breakfast were also very good.

Wonderful place to stay with kids!

We were going to Germany and needed to stop somewhere so we chose this hotel. When we have arrived there we were pleasantly surprised how beautiful this place is. It reminds the fairy tale palace surrounded by gardens. The interior is impressive as well, made somewhat in vintage style. Room was clean and spacious with a baby crib already in place for our little girl. As we were tired and hungry after a long trip we went down to the restaurant to order a dinner. A pleasant gentleman has served us with a very tasty food, I have to say that portions were really big. In the morning after a good breakfast we didn't want to leave but stay there for at least one more day, but we had to move further. We hope to get back once again to this wonderful place!

The hotel is classy, but comfortable.

No complaints.

The hotel is classy, but comfortable. The breakfast was excellent and the room clean, spacious and comfortable. Our family loved the gardens and space for picnics.

Polish Pottery Excursion
    • Double or Twin Room

We only stayed one night and had a very tight schedule so we didn't get to enjoy the gardens around the property.

We stayed at Hotel Garden while taking a trip to Boleslaweic to shop for Polish Pottery. The hotel is closely located to the various locations. The staff was very, very friendly. The breakfast was amazing. Our room was on the top floor and clean. The bed was very soft -- like an old fashioned bed. Was fun to experience that. If you are in the area for shopping this is an excellent place to stay.

Wonderful Staff / Shabby Room
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room needs a renovation. The carpet and curtains were old, the furniture is falling apart, the beds were uncomfortable, and the telephone did not work. There were not enough window coverings to block out the early morning sun.

The outside garden is beautiful. The inside decor is very interesting - a lot of Asian decor and nice antiques to look at. My kids enjoyed the bird and fish aquarium in the lobby. The staff was VERY helpful and friendly! Breakfast was pretty good.

Definitely going back.
    • Double or Twin Room

There do hold weddings and parties so you may hear the music from their banquet room. It didn't bother us but that is the only thing negative I could possibly ping on.

We just had a overnight stay. It was a wonderful hotel at such a bargain rate. Thomas the manager (I think) was the most professional employee you could ever meet. We had a wonderful dinner and breakfast at this location.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Do Not Miss this Hotel

An elevator/lift.

Clean, comfortable room in a former villa that is well worth your stay. The breakfast is great, and the staff accomodating. Everyone should experience this hotel while in Boleslawiec.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Very good

Very nice and clean hotel in a quiet location. Big parking, good location from motorway. Breakfast was delicious. Staff was friendly and helpful. Very good wifi signal.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Breakfast was nice, and our room was huge.

The décor was a little outdated as was our bathroom. Our family members staying in other rooms had more modern bathrooms than we did.

Breakfast was nice, and our room was huge. Not far from the pottery factory shops at all. The value for the rooms was very good.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

WARNING: DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!
    • Double or Twin Room

WARNING: DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!! This was the absolute worse hotel I have ever stayed at. The hotel has three event centers and because we stayed on a Saturday night, they were all being used. One event lasted until 4 am in the morning. The walls and windows are thin....so I was up until 4 am in the morning. The bass was literally shaking the whole room. If I could upload the video I took at 3am, I would. I went downstairs at 2 am to see when the event was going to be over so I could get some rest and was told that it would likely end at 4 am. I asked for a new room and the lady said that it wouldn't make a difference. I was quite upset that I was not even told at check-in to prepare for a restless night, as I would've stayed elsewhere. I was also informed that this is how the business makes their money by holding events and that the owner really doesn't care if the guests sleep or not. The bar closed at 9pm, so I couldn't even drink myself to sleep. I should've just driven the 5 hour drive home to get some rest. At check-out, I again informed the newly arrived staff member of my experience and was not even offered an apology. I feel like this probably happens every weekend.

WARNING: DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!! But I will go ahead and tell you what I did like. The hotel itself is beautiful! The restaurant where we had dinner was nice (menu very limited-- only 3 entree selections), reasonably priced. The food was pretty good. The breakfast buffet in the morning was one of the best I have had in Europe. The restaurant staff, both dinner and breakfast, were both great. My pup stayed for free and was off-leash most of the time, and the staff was fine with her.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Breakfast was delicious and included many options.
    • Double or Twin Room

Night clerk wasn't as friendly or helpful as I would have liked but morning clerk was wonderful. The door looked like it had been broken and not yet properly fixed.

Breakfast was delicious and included many options. Beautiful gardens

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Atmosphere, good breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Restaurant closes little bit early ( 9 p.m)

Atmosphere, good breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel staff friemdly. Restaurant was excellent

Big room with comfortable beds, good breakfast, hotel nicely...
    • Double or Twin Room

Big room with comfortable beds, good breakfast, hotel nicely located. We will come to rest there again, on our way from NL to PL.

The room was beautiful, amazing continental breakfast, the...
    • Apartment

The shower and toilet was not clean thoroughly

The room was beautiful, amazing continental breakfast, the staff was very polite

Very helpful staff.

Very helpful staff. Great breakfast. Property with charm, spacious rooms. Parking on site.

Good for asked money.

Good for asked money.

friendly staff

not realy

setting, friendly staff

Overall, good
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I liked the big room, WiFi and the staff; especially, Tomas’s who was amazing.

Great price for one overnight at the trip!
    • Double or Twin Room

Great price for one overnight at the trip!

The hotel was beautiful and the staff was very friendly!
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was beautiful and the staff was very friendly!

Beautiful hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Clean, quiet, parking

Clean, quiet, parking

Cozy hotel a short drive to many of the polish pottery shops in town

Needs a little updating

The room was very large and had a balcony

The building was absolutely adorable, it was perfect for our...
    • Double or Twin Room

The building was absolutely adorable, it was perfect for our girls' weekend! Breakfast was good and you can't beat the value for the price!

Nature.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No Hair Dryer. No Shower Gel. No Tissue. Lighting was not OK, Faulty Lamps. TV was not Good.

Nature. Calm & Quite.

Noise in bedroom

Noise in bedroom

Excellent stay. Will go back.
    • Double or Twin Room

Jet stream in bath did not work.

Staff was outstanding. Paul was very nice and professional. Thomas was also very nice and professional.

Great breakfast, love the secure parking, beautiful grounds...

Beds could stand to be updated a bit. ;)

Great breakfast, love the secure parking, beautiful grounds and rooms.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Great hotel, quality rooms, decorations.

nothing really

Great hotel, quality rooms, decorations. The breakfast was marvellous!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Best sleep had in awhile.

Best sleep had in awhile. Bed was very comfortable

There are also 31 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Garden traveller photo gallery