Reviews of Novotel Szczecin Centrum 4 stars

Al. 3 Maja 31, Srodmiescie, 70-215 Szczecin, Poland

#13 of 32 hotels in Szczecin

Comfortable
    • Standard Room

Room should be better quality. It should be refreshed, re painted.

Hotel lobby, staff, food. Room had good facilities, good bed. Clean. Great location.

The bed was comfy enough
    • Standard Room

The room smelled like a stable - it literally reeked of horse manure and not even having the windows open for over 10 hours helped... Also the bathroom was in a pretty poor condition and the whole design of the room was simply absurd... BUT THAT SMELL WAS ATROCIOUS. Definitely not a 4-star hotel!!!

The bed was comfy enough

Nice breakfast and nice lounge area downstairs.
    • Executive Room with a Double Bed

There was not a playground in direct area. The key of the door kept malfunctioning so you had to get back to reception for a reset. This did not happen once, but 4 times in 2 days. So the door systems definately need some calibrating.

Nice breakfast and nice lounge area downstairs. Also seen a swimming pool which we did not get to use due to short stay but still worth mentioning.

Good hotel!

Construction going on, on a new building accross the road. They start early and make a lot of noice.

Good breakfast. Helpfull staf, locaties on walkingdistance from the Centre an public transport

Location was great , and bed comfortable
    • Executive Room with a Double Bed

The breakfast was unsuspected total car crash , coffee machine did not worked, waffles did not worked, overall almost nothing to eat at this breakfast , i was totally disappointed about this breakfast ! I

Location was great , and bed comfortable

Good for a short stay

The bedrooms and bathroom need some work. Quite dated and I put my baby down to crawl in the room and his hands and knees were very dirty after

Staff were lovely. Food was delicious.

Comfortable hotel in good location
    • Standard Room

We were happy with everything, except not enough clothes hanging space.

Comfortable bed, good tea and coffee making facilities, nice variety of food at breakfast.

Perfect for business travelers.
    • Standard Room

Big cars have to be very careful when entering the garage, the entry is narrow - other than that the garage itself is fine.

Breakfast was very good with a lot of variety - had a kind of pancake station with fresh fruits, offered very early breakfast. The bed was comfortable with a very spacious room. The place is kept nice and clean. Good location of the hotel.

This was our first visit to Szczecin and found Novotel comfortable and central to the town.

Move the table which was part of the breakfast table away from the bar area. We were not aware it was there because I actually thought there was something missing from the breakfast table ie tomatoes. We were told about this table by your waitress on day 2.

Breakfast table was very versatile. Great to see a chef cooking omelettes.

not recommended because of poor cleanliness, around the corner is much better hotel
    • Standard Room

Well: first: bathroom was in very bad condition, water was flushing out from toilet every time we flush water; also hair dryer was broken and was cover by dust and someone make up, „shower” was small( I am just 1,67 cm tall so...). Second: pillows - worst which I ever had, duvet was old( grey with hole...). Bathroom doors covered by paint??? This is definitely not 4 star hotel. I am after hotel school and requirements for 4 star hotel weren’t meet at all. Coffee maker: please that was joke not coffee maker...

Great breakfast, staff very nice and helpfull:)

The location is perfect!
    • Standard Room

One day the room was not cleaned. The new cups were not added though there is a possibility to make coffee and tea in the room. No tea-spoons at all. The shower is opened without doors or curtains so the whole bathroom was wet after we took shower...

The location is perfect! The staff is very helpful and pleasant. The bed is comfortable. The room and the bathroom are large.

Very nice modern hotel close to the train station. Training/sauna suck.

Breakfast is not great, for the price. If I stay here again I will go out and get some rolls and juice in a nearby deli. The gym, sauna area, fitness club, and pool area were weird. I booked here explicitly to use the gym and go to the sauna after a loooong 3 days. When I got there in the morning I had to turn on all the lights, there were no towels, no reception, no idea how to get around as not a soul was there. The way there was through the front lobby and bar. Imagine doing that after working out, being in the sauna, and showering.... I just went up to take a bath. I know this may sound precious and obnoxious to say in a review, but if a hotel advertises facilities and this is why you book, the disappointment stings.

The lobby bar is great. The design is modern, but not kitschy. Walking distance to train station.

Good breakfast, nice staff.
    • Standard Room

Indoor swimming pool water was too cold. Jacuzzi was warm, but the swimming with children was really difficult due to the cold water. (We visited in February.)

Good breakfast, nice staff.

Extra clean, helpful staff
    • Standard Room

It was very nice that we could get a very nice cup of cappuccino for breakfast and when we wanted to pay for it, waitress said it is included in the price of breakfast. Therefore, totally recommend to get a proper cup of coffee instead of coffee from a simple coffee machine (did not taste so good). Room was extra clean, ladies, who stopped by to clean-up were asked to come a little later and there was no problem with that. They were very understandable. Was either very well isolated building or very calm people, staying at the hotel since it was peaceful.

Perfect location in the city center
    • Executive Room with Double Bed

Cleaning the room is not only doing the bed, no beer in the mini bar (strange - vodka, wine, whisky present, but no beer), breakfast very basic, both coffee machines were not working, while staff busy with talking

Perfect location in the city center

It was all ok, but not great, generally the polish do not...
    • Standard Room

The coffee at breakfast was not good, but that depends on taste, so maybe the polish guest like it that way

It was all ok, but not great, generally the polish do not smile and the service is plane, but that is all over not the hotel only

Great business/tourist hotel in the vincinity of the old town and city centre.

Bed could be slightly more comfortable. Room misses iron and iron board.

Good breakfast.Friendly staff.Close proximity to the old town. It takes less than 15 minutes on foot to get to the old town. 900 meters from the LOT Polish Airlines shuttle bus stop that services Goleniow airport 3 times daily and matches Warsaw arrivals and departures.

Not recommended!
    • Standard Room

Our room was a complete disaster! When we stepped into it I saw a huge blood stain on the bathroom door! Never had this awful experience and we are speaking about a 4 star hotel! Okay they cleaned it but the cleaning lady was pretty unfriendly. Then we had two queen beds in the room, one was broken and dirty. Not a 4 star experience, not recommended! Maximum 2 star. I mentioned those during the check out, but the guy there was not surprised let's say... and didn't even say a sorry or tried to give us a compensation.

Good location, nice lounge area, bar and restaurant

Awful,,,avoid
    • Standard Room

We where attending a concert in szczecin, so this was the only reasonable hotel with accomodation, we paid £362 for just 2 nights and also had to pay £9.36 each for breakfast, which was very basic. When we arrived we where given the worst basic room, window did not open, the air con was a box blowing hot air,,,absolutely awful. I complained and was moved but nothing much better, we had to drink out of paper cups, the hygiene was awful in the bathroom...... My recommendations only stay if they pay you....

The location....

very bad organisation
    • Standard Room

the first room i got before to change was in terrible condition, bed not well made, smelling, windows not open in this case, no soap in bathroom, i never saw that in Novotel... NO ORGANISATION in the breakfast, personnal very nervous, because lots of people waiting what they orders, mixing orders, no manager... all customers, german polish very nervous and claiming, they need to put a number on each table to know who is ordering what !!! it is simple !!! personnal was totaly lost, whitout any directive.... really terrible

Very disappointed in hotel as we had taken grandchildren for first time to Poland
    • Standard Room

Staff were unhelpful, air conditioning did not work effectively. We were moved rooms at one point as air conditioning did not work at all. one pool attendant ignored my husband when he was struggling with cramp and left my grandchildren to deal with him even though there was nobody else in pool. It took 5 days to fix a broken light even though we told them what the problem was. Rooms were not cleaned effectively and even not cleaned on other occasions. Wake up calls were not given.

Location. One pool attendant was very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Fell short of a four star hotel with rooms not cleaned on a daily basis

Rooms were not cleaned daily Breakfast dishes were not replenished in a tidy manner Breakfast set up was dangerous, queuing at coffee machine and cross flow of people to get to different areas Housekeeping and reception staff not always courteous

Position in the town

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Never again this hotel!
    • Standard Room

At the reception was one person and so much customers that we had to wait one hour. We didn´t got the room we booked but they gave us a free upgrade to a better room. This room was nothing special and we had dirty glasses in the room.

Free upgrade and free drinks because the check in needs one hour.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Something to be improved

Windows not soundproof, room very noisy. Inspite we well paid the room, it was not serviced and cleaned during the day: disappointing!!

Nice interior decoration

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

A perfect place to stay in Szczecin!

The Szczecin Novotel was an ideal place to stay. It's in the city center and only about a 10 minute walk from the train station and even closer to the bus station.I enjoyed my meal in the lounge bar and the breakfast buffet and appreciated the fact that the hotel had an indoor pool that was open until 10 PM, since I didn't arrive until after 7 pm. If I come back to Szczecin I'd be happy to stay there again.

Great value for money in the City Centre
    • Standard Room

May be great value for money, but if you are used to 4 star this is a bit different. Too many minor niggles - fridge didn't work, had to ask reception for a TV remote (missing from room), window badly fitted so noise from the trams on the road under the window, dining area resembles a college reflectory etc. Hotel bar and restaurant very expensive - especially breakfast. Very high lip/access to bath/shower may be a problem for the infirm or elderly. But overall still excellent value for money!

Wonderful value for money. Helpful reception staff. Near to station and walkable to most tourist points. Adequate room with excellent TV and comfortable bed. Pool/sauna/hottub may be small, but if you avoid the peak periods they are all adequate and included in the price. You can book a room without having to have the breakfast included ( a real bonus because the breakfast is very expensive). Bedroom had wonderfull internal soundproofing. Never heard a thing from other rooms or corridor.

We would choose this place again

The only improvement suggestion on my side would be to replace the paper cups in the room with real coffee cups.

The staff is very friendly, helpful and they are making sure that your stay is comfortable in every aspect. I loved the little recreational areas with the pool, gym, jaccuzi, kids corner, reading shelf, there is something for everyone.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Nice stay

The bed and pillows weren't very comfy. It would have been great to have an iron in the room. The fridge didn't work. I still enjoyed my stay very much.

Great location and lovely staff.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

I was trying to call to reception early in the morning from...

I was trying to call to reception early in the morning from room but no answer. Went down to front desk and asked her I was calling from the room she didn't answer me anything.. the lady was very rude... anyways her name was KAMILA .. I decided I would never stay in Novotel ...

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Open-air Shower Stalls are Chilly
    • Standard Room

The major thing I disliked here in an otherwise good hotel is their open-air, not fully enclosed showers. Unfortunately I have to say I would not stay here again for that one reason. At the end of a long day, especially in winter when I was there, a warm soothing shower is one of the grand pleasures of life and having cold air chilling your body while showering in a non-enclosed stall is not pleasing. I realize the missing door makes the bathrooms easier to clean and maintain but it really diminishes your guests' experience.

The breakfast is one of the very best I've found in comparable hotels.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

My room had a broken heater so I slept in a freezing cold...
    • Executive Room with Double Bed

My room had a broken heater so I slept in a freezing cold room, only after my complaint next morning I received a discount, but my experience is very bad. On top of that the room was not as clean as it should be, very dusty, sticky surfaces, not nice at all.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

The worst hotel ever!!!!!
    • Executive Room with Double Bed

Staff very rude and unhelpful. Girls in the restaurant had very bad attitude, rude and making comments about guests out loud while we were all still there. The receptionist on a shift in particular was very passive aggressive. When we came our room wasn't ready after requesting it in advance and having written confirmation from booking.com All that led to our absolutely exhausted little girl have an accident in the reception area. She was bleeding out and the receptionist said" ok, just wait please" after I requested a first aid kit. Finally we were told our room was ready and in the hotel's quiet area. Upon arrival we discovered drilling and hammering which upset out distraught daughter even more. After a few phone calls and talking to a manager on that day our room got changed to a bigger one but with horrible smell of urine. We were told that room wasn't used for a long time and advised to open windows and put the heating on. Few hours later the smell was still present and we had to make another call to the receptionist. The only positive was that the staff downstairs changed and the last lady we spoke to was really nice and helpful. This was by far the worse hotel I've ever been to. I didn't expect all this problems and attitude from the staff working there. We thought booking with Novotel was the best idea while traveling with a child. We expected nice atmosphere and comfort. We couldn't be more wrong. They've made our stay a nightmare and a really stressful experience. If that wasn't enough they tried to charge us with the room upgrade while checking out yesterday. Unfortunately most of staff employed by Novotel have no customer service skills and can't deal with complaints in a professional manner. For my family Novotel NEVER AGAIN!!!!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Below my expectations, cheaper hotels do better in Szczecin
    • Standard Room

Personal in bar and restaurant were in General not smiling, breakfast was under average. Cheaper hotels do it better. Including smiling personal.

Nice facilities

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

God, the staff was incredible.
    • Executive Room with Double Bed

The location was loud as hell. Lots of traffic and loads of industrial noise in the mornings starting at 0430. Leaf blowers, garbage trucks, street sweepers, and construction were rampant. No need for an alarm clock here. Restaurant was delicious but expensive for Polish standards. $100 for dinner for 4. Some unexpected fees that were not mentioned specifically when we booked to include parking and pets... $100 in unexpected fees.

God, the staff was incredible. We checked in with a family of four and our room was too small. So they upgraded us to an apartment for free. Great location to walk to everything in the city.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Novotel Szczecin Centrum
    • Standard Room

Do not expect great views from the window, but this is what you sacrifices going for central location in any city/town.

Good hotel in great location. Great bonus was the swimming pool facilities. The location is the greatest advantage, as it is located walking distance from main attractions including shopping center and the train station. But also it is just opposite Nowy Browar brewery/restaurant, which is absolutely superb.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Acceptable
    • Standard Room

Quite cold in the rooms. There is an outside area near the breakfast area with tables, but the guests are not allowed to smoke there, they need to go and stay outside on the street.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Excellent location right next to the center.
    • Standard Room

We did not have a fridge in the room (weird for a 4-star hotel). Hotel staff was not very polite.

Excellent location right next to the center. Clean rooms and nice facilities (indoor pool, kids corner, etc.)

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Nice hotell with great staff.
    • Standard Room

Could do with a bit modernisation and maintenance of the rooms, but no big deal. Ad said that there would be a couch, but there wasn't and none was provided, even if the staff said so.

Very nice staff. Spacious rooms. Good location.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Great value & Location
    • Standard Room

We booked 2 rooms, one of which smelled bad with spots all over the carpet.

Price. Location. Staff. Lobby.

Good Hotel
    • Standard Room

Nice hotel for all kinds of travelers

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Location and building in general

Housekeeping and services

Location and building in general

(Not clean) nice hotel close to the city center
    • Standard Room

-Limpieza muy deficiente. -Not clean enough.

-Piscina y espacios comunes agradables -Nice swimming pool and common rooms

Szczecin visit
    • Standard Room

Traffic & Tram noise despite being in the top floor of hotel.

Staff very friendly and breakfast was very good.

Slow but very pleasant service in the restaurant.
    • Executive Room with Double Bed

Slow but very pleasant service in the restaurant. Poor replenishment of towels, coffee and water in the rooms

Szczecin a place between old German memories and new Polish dreams

Nothing in particular

The very good breakfast and even, if needed, the very good and affordable restaurant for dinner

Not bad, not good

Totally overrated, everything was average.

Good food in the restaurant downstairs

Novotel Sczeczin

Staff of the restaurant was not very helpful, I had to wait for 15min

Nice room, clean, ...

The breakfast was not up to my expectation to many empty...
    • Executive Room with a Double Bed

The breakfast was not up to my expectation to many empty trays and difficult to communicate with the staff

Breakfast, staff, location, cleaning

Small pool

Breakfast, staff, location, cleaning

N/a

Good location, clean and friendly

Standard

Fitness

Tv programy

The jacuzzi
    • Standard Room

The room wasn’t cleaned properly The bed was very uncomfortable The smell was really bad

The jacuzzi The breakfast

Pleasant and productive
    • Standard Room

The bed was quite uncomfortable.

Great breakfast selection. Staff friendly and helpful.

Good standard

- parking price

+ executive room is a good standard + very good and kind personnal + parking place just under the buliding no need to go out

The size of the fitness room!
    • Executive Room with Double Bed

The size of the fitness room!

Wouldn’t stay again

Free breakfast stated when booked then an add extra on arrival, first room smelt of smoke, rooms need updating

Very good

Super hotel

good

level of cleanliness

nice location

Excellent choice for a city beak. Great location with great amenities.
    • Standard Room

Breakfast was varied and lovely fresh food. There was a chef cooking omelettes or freshly made waffles The food was checked and restocked regularly

Convenient location.

Restaurant prices were overpriced, so was breakfast. Heating in the room was weak.

Convenient location.

Worse Novotel room I ever had..
    • Standard Room

Room for sure not Novotel like.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

brilliant

n/a

Everything especially the location

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Longue file d'attente pour le check-out.
    • Standard Room

Longue file d'attente pour le check-out.

Central location, friendly staff. Hotel overpriced, dirty pool changing room/lockers zone

Dirty pool changing room Rusty lockers Expensive food and drinks

Modern rooms Fast wifi Friendly staff

Great stay!
    • Executive Room with Double Bed

Nice and modern room. Comfy bed. Good breakfast. Great location.

the restaurant is excellent
    • Standard Room

breakfast included would be almost perfect

the restaurant is excellent

Best value thru booking.com
    • Standard Room

Should be refubrished inside bathrooms.

Super localization, tasty food :-)

very good hotel

It is very good hotel,

very friendly and helpful staff

very friendly and helpful staff

Baltic feelings!
    • Executive Room with Double Bed

Very good hotel in Szczecin city centre. Excellent breakfast.

Fantastic. Would stay there again.

The kettle in the room did not work.

Good location and friendly staff.

Really nice
    • Standard Room

no place for 3 old child to play, i expected a little corner with some toys at least

breakfast was amazing

Will try Radisson next time
    • Standard Room

Cleanless of the room could be better, broken equipment in gym, cold scrambled eggs for breakfast

Extra spatios room, friendly and helpfull staff.

Nice pool, hot tub and sauna, good gym.

Rooms could do with an overhaul.

Nice pool, hot tub and sauna, good gym. Great breakfast included.

Ok men ingen lyx

The beds was strange

Very loud airconditioner that dosent get could. The restaurant is Nice.

Browse Novotel Szczecin Centrum traveller photo gallery