Reviews of Tango House Bed & Breakfast

Based on 280 B&B reviews

9.7

Excellent place
    • Standard Triple Room

We only stayed for three nights!

Stayed here four times now and cant see myself staying anywhere else. Love this B&B. Helpful friendly staff and great location.

Charming and best guest service ever.

Everything was perfect

The location is perfect just in the old town, the building is pretty interesting and charming and the receptionists are such a nice, kind, smiling and professional. Charming hotel, super clean, best service in a fairy tale city. 😊😊 Thank you for made us feel at home so far away our country.

In Krakow one couldn't ask for a better location!
    • Standard Triple Room

In Krakow one couldn't ask for a better location! Literally a hundred yards to St Mary's and the Square. The staff made several arrangements for us with taxis, tours, and even the best ice cream. We treasured the staff's help - our stay in Krakow would not have been as easy!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Nice place to stay but overpriced based on no elevator.
    • Standard Twin Room

No elevator. Climbing the stairs every time you go back gets real old.

Very clean and quaint. Great location near St. Mary's Church. Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent breakfast.

Location, Location, Location
    • Twin Room with Kitchenette

No one on reception or available on site after 10pm. Tea and coffee available but no milk. People allowed to smoke in the courtyard directly below bedroom window makes the riom stink

The location is fantastic and its laid back.

Location was perfect.
    • Double Room with Kitchenette

Location was perfect. Close to the center and to great food choices and a grocery store just a few steps a way. The receptionists were extremely kind and helpful.

Could not get any closer to main square if we tried! Perfect location!
    • Economy Double Room

This is absolutely no fault of Tango House, but be prepared for the church bells and the trumpet player to ring out every hour on the hour all night long!

The location is so close to the main square. The room was small but we didn't need anything more. The staff were lovely and stayed later than standard check in time to accommodate us and arranged airport pick-up for us.

With all the negative issue, I loved Krakow and I have very fond memories of Tango House.
    • Standard Triple Room

There was a very bad dust and mold problem. While ascending the steps to go to my third floor room I reacted to the dust and mold on the steps. Soon after arriving in my room, I had pain behind my ears. I took antihistamines every night and moved my bed to directly under the window which I kept open 24 hours a day. By the third day the conditions in the room were better and I did not react immediately after entering the room. In order to air the room I did not close the drapes for privacy. I dressed in the bathroom and kept the light off in the bedroom most of the time. There is a bar across the street which was loud every night.

The breakfast was great, the location was excellent. The bed was comfortable. The room was large and roomy. After I paid for my stay, that evening I found a beautiful crocheted large white butterfly on my door as a gift from the staff. I love it and plan to hang it where I can enjoy seeing it. For people who don't have allergy issues with dust and mold, this is indeed a charming place.

Once you get past the front of the property the rest is...
    • Economy Double Room

The appearance of the front makes it look shabby and run- down.

Once you get past the front of the property the rest is lovely. Very old building with character. The staff were excellent and very helpful. My room and bathroom were very clean.

I enjoyed my stay

It’s not so much as didn’t like ,it was a lot of stairs to climb luckily I am fit but if you are not of able body have a bad chest or a illness that would affect you to combing stairs this would prove difficult for you

Super, would stay again.

TV was rubbish (not that we watched much) but it would be nice to have an English or US channel or at least an English radio station.

Quiet, peacefull, comfy and great location

Very comfortable stay in a charming B&B in a great location
    • Economy Double Room

Daily replacement of tea & coffee and shower gel needed. Breakfast should be included.

Loved the location, tea and coffee provided, modern bathroom with great shower. The quaintness of the building and the helpful staff.

The location is perfect.
    • Economy Double Room

The room was tiny but as only nights were spent there, it does not matter.

The location is perfect. The room was clean and modern (with bits of history). The location of the rooms is very interesting, u need to get up by historical staircase.

I will certainly come back!

There were a kettle, tea bags and sugar but no coffee sticks in the room. A bit cold in the room (the heater was off prior our arrival even if it was -10 degC outside!).

So close to the main square and so quiet ! A helpful staff.

Super stay in the perfect location in a quirky hotel with amazingly helpful staff

Brilliant quirky B&B, super helpful and friendly staff, simple cosy room and perfect location with fab restaurant recommendation. Also brilliant trip totally arranged through the hotel. Fast responses to email and they even phoned me to ask if we wanted breakfast the following morning. Breakfast is traditional and simple. Super value for money and experience.

Staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating with our late...
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast is not included. I found this confusing, as it is a "Bed and Breakfast."

Staff was incredibly helpful and accommodating with our late arrival. The communication was excellent. The location is central and easy for public transportation.

Amazing location in the center

Amazing location in the center Romantic desighn Lovely tango music inside the room all day and night Kind and really helpful staff Totally recomended!

Excellent stay , book here.
    • Economy Double Room

Be aware the rooms are up 55 steps not a problem for us but it maybe for some.

Excellent location ,clean rooms ,great value for money and helpful staff.

The location and also the service.
    • Economy Double Room

The heating in the room they gave me was poor, and it was cold and damp when I arrived.

The location and also the service. I am allergic to gluten and they went out of their way to help me with the breakfast.

Fantastic.

Spiff up the entry.

My friend and I made Krakow the first stop on our Eastern European adventure, and Tango House offered the right mix of central location and the authentic architecture of a 16th century townhouse without sacrificing hospitality or comfort. We arrived from the airport via taxi, arranged in advance by the hotel, and a delightful young lady greeted us in the tiny reception room off the courtyard with tea and delicious cookies (which they continued to offer any time we darkened the doorway), offered to help tote our bags (No thanks. I’m no sissy!), then explained how to use four keys to the property, the last of which was the room key. The first key was for the iron gate to the narrow entry (locked overnight) which gave way to the courtyard; that entry did not offer us a promising first look at Tango House, and over a few days I saw more than one tourist glance inside, then at me, and walk past, perhaps thinking that I was on a VERY tight budget! They missed out on a truly fine visit. The second key opened a door to the stairwell, and we looked up to see the faded glory of paintings adorning the walls of what became Krakow’s first public bathhouse. We climbed two flights of creaky stairs, clinging to the heavily carved dark wood stair rail, craning our necks to see more of the paintings, and arrived at Door #3, which opened into a charming, small hallway decorated with antiques. Our extremely comfortable room was behind Door #4, and soon the prospect of using four keys to get home seemed entirely natural. The window opened to the street, so the sounds of Krakow were omnipresent, most of which were quite welcome, such as the bells from St. Mary’s Cathedral and the Hejnal Mariacki Trumpet Call. The hotel kindly supplied ear plugs to muffle others. Tango House offers exactly what I look for when I travel, and I would stay there again. Thanks to Rick Steves for the heads up and to Booking.com for facilitating the stay.

The perfect Krakow location
    • Standard Twin Room

Access. Lots of steps and no lift. Could cause problems to older or disabled people.

Stayed here for three days. Selected the place based on online reviews and was not disappointed. The place is just excellent. Situated in a historic building it offers clean and cosy rooms. Quite a few steps and doors to navigate through (with just as many keys) before you reach your room but the frescoes on the walls amply reward for the effort. No lift, so could be problematic for disabled people. Location of the B&B cannot be better.The central market square is just a minute away and most of Krakow's must see's are at walking distance. Staff is very welcoming and helpful. When you leave you get a personal note with crochet butterfly attached. Nice ! Would stay again without hesitation.

This was a really great place to stay.
    • Standard Twin Room

I can't say there was anything I didn't like.

This was a really great place to stay.. the stairwell to our room was like a spooky haunted house.. we did a video - we LOVED it. It is right in the heart of old Krakow.. WOW!

Wonderful, relaxing and different

The rooms at the front are lovely but noisy if you leave the window open. We were there in summer so had to have the window open but it might be different in winter.

This is a beautiful, quirky B&B to which we will go again. Staff are excellent and helpful who provide a personal touch. The B&B is on the doorstep of the Old Town where all the action occurs.

center
    • Economy Double Room

there was no minibar in the room.

the location of hotel is the best. you have the chance to stay at the very historical building. the stuff was very kind.

Perfect city break location
    • Economy Double Room

Nothing! Just the room was a little small.

Friendly staff could not have been more helpful and spent time to give suggestions where to eat, where to go. Location was excellent, less than a minute's walk from the main square.

the worst stay evere we had to pay and look for another hotel.

this place was not save the staircase was not save .To claim to the 2nd floor was almost inpasible. never again I well trust Booking.com

the worse contain I every expirece sewer and melody smell never again i will trust Booking.com

Very central in the old town and historically interesting...
    • Standard Twin Room

- Too many drunk english people in the bars around that could be heard the complete night

Very central in the old town and historically interesting itself

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

A very historical hotel!
    • Standard Twin Room

The toilet is a little bit noisy when taking shower.

A very historical hotel! Impressive experiences, super kind service. They explain you everything what you interested: food, site seeing, etc.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

The room was quite clean and very spacious.

The only thing I did not like is how enclosed the place is. There is no view to the outside street and the window looks into other rooms (there are curtains so you can close it up) and into the small courtyard. To get into the room, you will need to go through the main door from the street, another metal door on the first floor, a third door on your floor landing (ours was on the fourth floor) before you open the room door so that's 4 doors there. There is no one after 10pm (if I'm not wrong about the timing) so please hold on to your keys otherwise, you're just locked outside (staff did give us a number to call though in case of emergencies).

The room was quite clean and very spacious. However, there is no lift so those with extra large luggage, do take note that it will not be easy to bring them up. Hotel staff did offer to help with the luggage so that's good there. Heater works well so we were quite comfortable in the room. It is less than a 5 mins walk to the main square and travel agencies which offers day trips. It's a bit of walk from the train station though so you may wish to call an uber which is really cheap in Poland (what we would have done on hindsight).

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Absolute gem of a hotel
    • Economy Double Room

Beautiful quirky traditional bed and breakfast Friendly helpful staff Lovely buffet breakfast, plenty of choice Central location Little gift left on our bed on last day 😀😀😀its the little things that makes this hotel so special Trips booked through hotel Picked up from airport by local taxi which was also arranged by hotel Cannot fault anything If your looking for a "chain" hotel then this is not for you If your looking for quirky accommodation and a traditional feel of Poland then this is definitely the place to stay

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Tango House

4 keys to get to our room, was like a prison setup Had nose bleed one night but sheets never got changed the next day Breakfast was very poor Building was so old that neighbors woke you up when comings home at all hours If there was a fire, it would be impossible to get out alive

Location was excellent and Ania was friendly

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

Amazing hotel, fantastic staff

Could potentially offer a hot breakfast maybe? But the continental was delicious.

There was a great atmosphere created by the tango house girl, they couldn't do enough. The hotel is literally around the corner from the main square

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Lovely place to stay for a city break
    • Double Room with Kitchenette

We really enjoyed our city break there so it's difficult to find some weak points. The only thing which some people may find difficulties with is quite steep staircase. That wasn't a problem for us, we treated that as a good exercise after having famous E.Wedel chocolate :)

Location, main square was just around the corner. Plenty of restaurants with lovely food were in walking distance. Room was spacious but cosy in the same time, all facilities were always clean. Staff was very nice and always ready to help.

Perfect!!

Wonderful!! Good staff.. Very kind!! The position is perfect.. In the main square of the city. The rooms are very clean and beautiful. It was all perfect!!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• Standard Twin Room

We didn't have the breakfasts so can't comment. The staff were really lovely and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. We were offered a coffee on arrival. The room was clean and adequate. Amazing shower! Up three flights of stairs, no lift but no problem. Very convenient. Ten minutes walk from station and two minutes into the square where there were lots of bars and restaurants. Perfect for a value city break

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

The best place in krakow
    • Economy Double Room

Everything! Location (1 minute on foot from the main square) Staff (lovely girls who gave us a little butterfly as a gift and very kind and helpful!) Breakfast Room (very comfortable and warm, like being in your own home where you can find everything you need)

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Great little place in the heart of old town

Beds could be a bit bigger.

Amazing value, especially given that we were a 20 min walk max away from everything we wanted to see In Kraków. They arranged for a driver for us who had keys and showed us around because we arrived after reception closed. We got in to a hand written note giving us well wishes and a phone number to call if we had any problems. The room was clean, and the B&B itself was full of character - I loved the staircase. All the staff were kind and extremely accomodating. Highly recommend!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Location, location, location!
    • Standard Twin Room

Leaving! I wish I had booked in for a week! There was a party one night in a bar opposite that was loud but it shouldn't take from the fantastic experience in the hotel!

The room was very clean and comfortable. The location was amazing, it was just off the main square close to everything! I loved the property too, the site was characterful and the room and reception very homey. Excellent!

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Excellent staff, location, and clean room.

Excellent staff, location, and clean room. It is located steps away from the market square and main square. The staff was very helpful in advising where to eat, what to see, and where to park.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

everything

Great Location

Great Location. Nice spacious room in a very charming building. Good value for money. Helpful staff.

Excellent location, friendly staff.

Excellent location, friendly staff.

Perfect
    • Standard Twin Room

Tango house is a perfect for exploring Krakow. The staff are so friendly and helpful

Excellent location, very comfortable, would stay there again

Hairdryer was not very good, and sockets too far away from mirrors

All of our requests were met, staff very helpful and friendly

Perfect location!

Perfect location!

Receptionist was so friendly and helpful.

Receptionist was so friendly and helpful. Location was fantastic

Excellent, caring staff.
    • Standard Triple Room

Night street noise. Slippery shower.

Arranging shuttle to and from airport. Quick response to questions both ahead of and during stay.

Bar across the street could get loud on weekends

Bar across the street could get loud on weekends

Fantastic stay, would def recommend this hotel if you like something a bit individual!
    • Economy Double Room

I loved the quirkiness of the hotel, friendly and helpful staff, location was fantastic!

Lovely old town house in a fab location
    • Economy Double Room

Banister on stairs was loose standard room very small

Lovely old town house in a fab location

It is extremely close to the square.
    • Standard Triple Room

It is extremely close to the square. Everything was excellent. Great value.

Location is great, room is comfortable, breakfast selection...
    • Twin Room with Kitchenette

Floor really dirty in room, pillows need to be replaced

Location is great, room is comfortable, breakfast selection is basic but good

The bed was really comfortable.
    • Twin Room with Kitchenette

The bed was really comfortable.

Charming B&B

Nothing not to like

Location Charm Price Staff

Cosy and comfortable stay right in the heart of krakow

No eggs for breakfast

Beautiful old house right in the centre

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

I will not hesitate to stay again

It’s a hidden gem

Very good location
    • Economy Double Room

Small room to stay for longer

Very good location

Lovely staff, beautiful building and plenty to see and do.

If I’m honest breakfast was a disappointment

Lovely, historic building a stones throw from the main square

Great place to stay
    • Economy Double Room

Clean and tidy.. staff very helpful and friendly.. location excellent.

Great location, friendly reception and very clean room.
    • Double Room with Kitchenette

Great location, friendly reception and very clean room. Would recommended to others.

Exceptional value for the money, excellent location
    • Economy Double Room

Exceptional value for the money, you can not beat the location, it was in the perfect place, close to Old Town

Staff friendliness

Staff friendliness

Great location & staff

Trumpets & bells during night

Friendly staff

Pretty
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast not so hot, long walk upstairs

Lovely staff, pretty, large comfortable room

A noisy at night

Excellent location

Great staff, set up, location, room.
    • Double Room with Kitchenette

Shower temperature and pressure could vary.

Great staff, set up, location, room.

Fabulous little b&b in an excellent location with lovely...

Fabulous little b&b in an excellent location with lovely, friendly staff. Would highly recommend

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Great location and staff but basic room

The room was very basic . We complained that the bed needed fixing but no-one did anything about it.

The staff were lovely. The location is great

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

OK for backpacker holiday - price equals quality
    • Twin Room with Kitchenette

The stairs and the breakfast - no lift and no hot breakfast - British thing, dislike of continental breakfast

The staff were extremely helpful and made you feel very...

Nothing just perfect

The staff were extremely helpful and made you feel very welcome

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Excellent close to square and everything

large stairs to various floors , no lift, not suitable for elderly or those with walking impediment.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Staff friendly & helpful,

Staff friendly & helpful,

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Nice and simple hotel on andere excellent location

Location and informal admosphere

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Dirty grubby

Dirty grubby

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Lovely hotel
    • Economy Double Room

Great location and friendly staff