Reviews of At Wind Chimes Boutique Hotel 3 stars

McLeary,1750 , Condado, 00911 San Juan, Puerto Rico

#30 of 49 hotels in San Juan

Great location, and overall Experience
    • Economy Double Room

The bathrooms could use some improvement

beautiful property, and helpful staff. The room we stayed at was pretty and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable, it was equipped with a TV, a ceiling fan, AC and a folding table to put the luggage. There is a sister hotel just a walk down the street towards the beach that made a difference! They have a larger pool, which was heated, and a restaurant that served delicious breakfast!

Overall I liked the experience at the hotel very much and would recommend it to friends and family
    • Deal of the Day

I did not like the parking situation. I had to park about a block-and-a-half away. And walked to my car at 4:30 in the morning. Which I didn't like

I spent about 10 hours at this location. I thought it was very comfortable and had the Old San Juan look to the room which was nice.

The hotel did not resemble the pictures available online.
    • Economy Double Room

The hotel did not resemble the pictures available online. It is very outdated. My view was awful (faced an old building with mildew everywhere). Amenities were lacking. I did not find an ice machine, had to ask for things like an iron. You are handed keys (like house keys) for your room and there is an 150.00 if you happen to lose that (wow). PARKING IS AWFUL. Good luck with finding any street parking as it is packed every which direction. Not extremely safe place to be walking around at night if you find spaces blocks over. That was my biggest nightmare. I hung the “privacy” sign outside my door as I do not like my rooms being cleaned and when I arrived, the sign was taken down and they had entered my room. I would not stay there again. It made my experience a difficult one. Nicest thing was the staff.

This place Rocks!

Everything!

I absolutely loved everything about my stay. Me and my husband will defendly go back soon. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Price was affordable and location was near everything. The beaches wore amazing. Thank you so much for making our stay a great expirence. Very grateful!

The was ok, it is a place for you to relax and come whenever you want to get away off things
    • Economy Double Room

When we get the room wasn't clean, it doesn't have parking and looking for one is not easy around there, they just go one time in the whole day to clean up the room but if they go and you're still there they dont clean your room until next day

The lobby service, the pool, the courtesy of the employees

My stay was awesome and the location was great!
    • Deal of the Day

I didn't like that I didn't have a lady friend to share the experience with...lol

I really enjoyed my stay. I was there for 15 days and the staff was so nice and the Hotel was clean and pleasant.

Wish we had more time.
    • Standard Room

Wish we had more time. Just wanted a nice bed for a missed flight and we found that. Had to leave too early to enjoy any of the amenities. But they looked charming and inviting.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Perfect Beach lovers spot
    • Economy Double Room

There was literally nothing that I did not like. The staff was amazing everything about my experience was amazing. I had an incident with someone who was at the hotel bar but was not a guest at the hotel however that is no reflection on the hotel. It was just someone who was drunk and very disrespectful.

I like everything, Ezekiel at the bar was amazing and makes the best coconut mojito I've ever had. Jose and Tammy at the front desk were also very amazing and extremely friendly.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The Hotel is pretty good.. , If you dont have a car..
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didnt like coming back to the Hotel Early due to No Parking Avail...I had to look for parking space every night😩. Also I never got Wifi going.. went to Front desk 2 times and to no avail... The girl said she couldnt help me.. she said she didnt understand “Why”? So no wife For me... it was terrible...Couldnt get texts or Cell phone calls...

I liked that the Hotel is quiet

Very adorable, friendly staff, very accommodating, great...
    • Economy Double Room

Beds weren’t the best I would recommend better pillows and sheets because they don’t stay in place but nothing that would not keep me from coming back

Very adorable, friendly staff, very accommodating, great location, nice pool, great little bar!!!

NICE AND RELAX!
    • Standard Room

Theres was not too much towels and they need to put more cloth hanger. Other thing that i didnt like was the window, cuz we didnt know who to close it, it was open all the time.

Great area, close to the beach and calle loiza, bars and rests. The room was clean, nice bed size and the bathroom as well.

Great location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Need lotion and conditioner to their bathroom items, i don't know if there was a vending machine to buy bottled water, if there was one I did not noticed, but being PR so hot and close to the beach, need to stay hydrated.

I loved the location, and the very first attendant who helped me at the check-in. Please add lotion and conditioner to your bathroom items. Thanks.

The stay was ok.

The room.

Firstly, reservations was falsely advertised. The room I reserved on line was roomy and with a fridge. When arrived the room escorted to was a bed and dirty. When I shared my disapproval of the room, they changed to a room a little bigger but without a fridge. I paid too much money for my satisfaction. I tried to cancel my reservations within 10minutes because my husband needed surgery and the hotel wouldn't comply. I wouldn't recommend this hotel due to the cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Great value for the price
    • Economy Double Room

The room was tiny, even though it was written that it was bigger then in the hotels nearby (not sure if it possible to have it smaller) and also the view form the window was not pleasant. We did not care too much since we were coming at night mainly and the air conditioning worked perfectly. The shower was rather old but was working, so also something we could have deal with.

The location is very nice in the hipsterish area of the San Juan with a lot of cool spots for food and in walking distance to the Ocean beach, which we found the best in San Juan (there are other nicer beaches but driving distance in PR). The cleanness of the room was well maintained by the stuff and the same for the common areas. Overall, great value for the price we paid which was not expensive vs. other similar hotels.

2 star hotel
    • Best Available Room

Don't have a parking lot, don't make breakfast, they don't open the bar after 4:00 pm, and isn't good go with children's.

Anything is good.

Great place to relax anytime.
    • Economy Double Room

The only thing i dont like is that there is no parking.

The facilities, its very quiet and relaxing, and the fact its located near everthing, so you have diferent options of restaurants, beach and entertainment.

Find a better place save ur money on this one
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the area it is in it kinda ghetto and the beds were rock hard !!!! The bathroom doors didn’t lock and there’s ants every where in the rooms I honestly would look somewhere els for lodgings unless you like that oh and don’t try to leave early on ur stay you will pay the full booking price even Incase of emergency !!!

It was a cute looking hotel the Spanish style decors were what made me choose this hotel that’s really the only nice thing to say about the property I definitely WONT stay here again

One of the worst hotels/inn I ever stayed in.
    • Deal of the Day

The lady that did my checking had a very passive aggressive personality. I am a disabled person. When I got to the inn I saw they had a disabled person parking spot. I ask if I could use it and was told that it was being used dor employees and for valet parking of a restaurant near by. When I aske so where do I park she told me in a very unpleasant way to " find one". I got to my room and it looked as this was a property upkeep staff apartment with a door that would not close, broken, lamps would not work and had no real provacy as the curtain that was on the kitchen window was made of straw or wicker and anyone that pased by could see inside. When I called the same employee to let her know the door would not close got an attitude because apparently she believed I was just making it up. She tells me to leave the door open ans she would reported. I said no, my belongings are there how come I am going to do that. She came and tried to close it herself and could not do it either. I told her that I could detect an attitude from her and that is was not a matter of bothering her as I tried multiple times to so it before calling for help. Therefore, if I based this on the initial day there it was awful as I and my 5 year old were exhausted when we got to the hotel and just wanted to take a shower and go to bed. No iron in the room. Other staff member I encounter were nice. The facilities look quite decent until we got to the room give to me as it was completely separate from the others behind the bar they had in their facilities which did not even had a decent door or windows as most of them were broken and very old. I asked for another room and she said this was all they had.

Close to the beach.

Staff was Amazing!
    • Economy Double Room

Only thing I didn't like was housekeeping didn't come everyday, they only came to deliver new towels and wash cloths, if you wanted cleaning services you had to hang a tag on the outside of the door but we didn't find that out until our second to last day of stay.. besides that we kept our room pretty clean but we would have enjoyed new sheets every day!! Thanks wind chimes for every thing..

Staff was Amazing!! Super nice!! You also have access to their sister hotel acacia that was a plus it had a heated pool!!

We couldn't believe the price for the location!
    • Best Available Room

We couldn't believe the price for the location! It was a stones throw from the beach and they are sister hotels with a place down the street with a large heated pool, which was amazing.

Great Experience, Beautiful , Cozy , Safe , Clean location .
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I think the coffee should be ready before 7am .

I liked the location at walking distance from the beach , small convenience stores , bakeries ., Admired the cleanliness, well maintained pool and surroundings, the very attentive , welcoming and knowledgeable staff , having a sister hotel Acadia with the Niche restaurant ... the cherry on the top was the hot pool with the beach view .

Staff was very nice and welcoming.
    • Best Available Room

The room was very small and in poor location. The bathroom was not clean, and there was constant noise.

Staff was very nice and welcoming. The hotel is well located close to the beach.

It was ok
    • Standard Room

Breakfast, parking, swept and less noise.

The place is very cute outside but the rooms are very small and super old. Room had a mold smell. The floor was not swept well. There was no breakfast offered, just coffee ( no tea). Location is ok and a few blocks away from restaurants and beach. The wifi was good when it was available. Ask for a room away from the bar. One night it got a bit loud. No parking.

Clean and close to the beach!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The noise from the street if your room is facing the main road.

The room was very big and clean. The hotel is just a short walk from the beach and to the bars. Even if there is no private parking we always found a spot close by.

Nice staff but wouldn’t go again
    • Standard Room

Room was in bad conditions (shower, toilet and door didn’t work well) Room was one time not cleaned and one time only part of it (eg no fresh towels) No hairdryer in the room

Very nice staff and nice style of hotel. Beach nearby is nice

Felt so relaxed
    • Standard Room

Nothing, everything was perfect.

This hotel is beyond beautiful, the staff and the bartender were excellent. You honestly feel the vibe of Puerto Rico staying here. Thank you guys so much for this amazing hotel and experience!!!!!!!

Staff was not amicable or understanding and plain rude .
    • Economy Double Room

Staff was not amicable or understanding and plain rude .... all the furniture in the room was old and not in good condition. The sheets and bathroom had an old and peculiar odor the hotel in self was not inviting at all. Very disappointed with my booking.

Unfortunately this hotel has not been updated in 16 years.
    • Best Available Room

Unfortunately this hotel has not been updated in 16 years. The room had an ant problem in the bathroom and bedroom, not to mention old grungy furniture. The manager(s) on duty informed us they were not authorized to issue discounts for this unfortunate problem.

They can do better
    • Standard Room

It was very dusty and not clean

Most of the staff were very nice but the cleaning service needs to improve a nice paint job in the room would make it look better

Staying there was simply one of my worst hotel experiences in my life.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location is in the slums of San Juan. The staff doesn’t understand what customer service is. The quality of the room was very low and disgusting.

I liked that there were no rats or roaches.

Lazy housekeeping
    • Economy Double Room

I didn't like that you can't check in before 4pm and house keeping is terrible. They only made the bed and brought new towels but my trash was still full and had to ask for replenishment of toilet paper.

I loved the location

Good location but ask for a room on the upper floor
    • Best Available Room

Admittedly I had one of the worse rooms likely as this had no view, was very small and on the ground floor. Also the ac units outside were very load.

Good location, both to get to and for shopping. Sister property for breakfast seemed nicer

Not bad
    • Deal of the Day

The room cleaning service. They don’t come everyday and if they do they come super late when you are already back in your room. I personally love coming back to my room and have fresh towels and the bed made.

Nice hotel, could be excellent with a bit of updating and improved room facilities.
    • Standard Room

The room was next to the bar and was quite noisy until the bar closed. There were no toiletries, coffee making facilities or hand towels in the room. The sofa, tv and fridge in the room looked pretty awful and should be replaced.

Excellent greeting at reception, room was lovely and large and bed really comfortable.

Nice staff, cute hotel, poor sleep.
    • Economy Double Room

Noise level. Common hallways with tile floors. 2 AM got very noisy.

Charm. Staff was friendly. Gotta give them a break for the state of the island right now.

Being Newlyweds.
    • Standard Room

Was given a room with two beds..... We found a water bug legs on the bed sheets, bathroom sink had a lite water leak..... We were given a room next to the pool, kids in the pool in the evening and early in the morning....

Being Newlyweds...... It was cute, nice and cozy. Bed was comfortable, shower was great good hot water!!! Would stay again!!!!

Great location, would return!
    • Economy Double Room

Room 101 is nice but you can really hear everyone in the lobby late night and early morning! Kept us awake! BUT then we figured that the AC unit could drown out the noise from lobby and the second night was better

Having the swimming pool was nice! Staff were very accommodating.

First time in Puerto Rico was bad.
    • Economy Double Room

Nothing at all room service put a do not disturb sign on our door and didn't make up the room. The phone in the room didn't work and the room was nothing like the room we reserved online.

I plan to stay here again
    • Deal of the Day

they could serve coffee a little earlier but that I could live with too

Its a very short walk to the beach. If your looking for a quaint beautiful reprieve from the surrounding city. This is where you go.

Miserable
    • Deal of the Day

The hotel is not for get a way relaxing place

Terrible to look for parking and no cable and the coffee is not ready till 8:00 am and bathroom are to small and water pressure are very low.

I loved the place, staff was very nice, place clean.
    • Deal of the Day

I loved the place., however they charged me twice for my stay on my credit card.I spoke with a Tammy there and she admitted she could see the double charge, however I was told that she had to speak to the evening supervisor who does the accounts. I gave them my phone number as well as email and continue to call and still no return call!!! I spoke with her April 2nd for a stay in February for 2 days and then an overnight on March 25!

I loved the place, staff was very nice, place clean...however look at my other answeres.

Great value
    • Deluxe Room

Great location close to beaches ( and offered beach towels) and many restaurants ability to leave baggage outside of hours We had a lovely relaxing 3 days there easy to get to old San Juan Would recommend as great value for the price

I loved this place, and I would definitely stay here again!
    • Best Available Room

No parking, but I found a spot on the street close by that seemed like a safe location.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The property is beautiful and close to everything I wanted to do and see. At Wind Chimes is also very afforable.

1. Location, 2.
    • Standard Room

For some of the employees, I would recommend Hospitality classes, Communicating with guests and friendliness.

1. Location, 2. Boutique Hotel, 3. Outside Bar attached to the Hotel. Staff from 2017 was absolutely amazing, especially Pablo (stay in August 2017). Thank you to Jose, Jose and Gustavo, definitely great staff with Hospitality experience.

ROOM WAS COZY & COMFORTABLE WITH A NICE BAR IN HOUSE. LACK OF RESTAURANT OR COFFEE SHOP IN HOTEL.
    • Deluxe Room

NO COFFEE SERVICE AT HOTEL UNTIL 8:00 A. M. IN LOBBY. NO RESTAURANT ON SITE. HAD TO GO ONE BLOCK DOWN THE STREET FOR BREAKFAST. COZY BAR IN HOTEL FOR DRINKS & PIZZA. NOT A GOOD DEAL FOR EARLY RISERS.

ROOM WAS COMFORTABLE AND COZY

Very happy we didn't have to actually sleep there.
    • Best Available Room

The room was extremely small, the bathroom was ancient, there was a garbage can on the dresser with garbage in it, the TV was chipped and balanced precariously on the corner of the dresser--my daughter cut her elbow on it walking by, the smell was not pleasant and it was hot--no AC. Check-in was not till 4 pm, which was fine, but there was no secure place to leave our luggage before then, which was extremely inconvenient. We could leave it in a hallway. Thankfully we were only there to shower and change before our late flight.

The public areas were charming and the staff was very friendly.

Overall we enjoyed our stay. Very cute hotel, just $3-7 uber ride away to anything
    • Standard Room

Our room didn't get cleaned one day. Small pool. Sister hotel's jacuzzi was not warm. Bed wasn't very comfortable.

Friendly knowledgeable staff, cute hotel, steps away from the beach and a few restaurants. Quick pick up from Ubers in the area , to take us into old San Juan and other beaches. I recommend walking down to the beach and check out the rocks at the end for sea creatures, lots of shells and some sea glass. For a nice close by beach day, take an Uber to Isla Verde, in front of the El Alambique hotel. You can rent a umbrella and beach chairs. The bar will let you use their bathroom if you rent chairs from the guy in front of them. You can also rent jet skis a little further down the beach and there are a few vendors. Enjoy!

Quiet and comfortable, just minutes walk from beach and great food!
    • Best Available Room

Being this is an older property, things are in need of basic upkeep/replacement, our bathroom in particular. Some small, inexpensive repairs can be done throughout the property that I think would go a long way with the perception of overall cleanliness and guest satisfaction, without losing the charm of the property.

Charming little place. Excellent bar and pizza. Very friendly staff. Bed was comfortable and A/C cold.

Staff was great, location was good, pool area is nice .. needs major cleaning and exterminator
    • Economy Double Room

Roaches .. I called and they said they had just fumigated but OMG they where all over my room . Made it uncomfortable to sleep since they even got on my bed .. got a pizza which was great at their restaurant . brought left overs to room within minutes there was like 4 roaches . I understand with the storm they might be all over but my son and I where so scared to close our eyes or walk and I didn’t even want to keep my bags in the room I was concern with taking some home .. the furniture was very dusty and dirty the walls are stained .. maybe it just needs a major clean up and painting after the storm and a new exterminator ... thank God I had a sheet and blanket with me because I did not want to use the bed .. the bedding was stiff had stains and hairs on it ..

Location was great ,,’staff was friendly and helpful

Worst hotel in my experience

The rooms were small. Looked nothing like the pictures. Didnt have the amenities they claimed to have. They said breakfeast included. But there was no breakfeast at all. The pool was barely the size of a juccuzi. The tv was the size of a small computer screen. I got the best room and there was no closet. No hot water. Worst place i ever stayed.

Not a thing about this place was enjoyable

Evident lack of good management
    • Standard Room

Everything was ok until the staff broke into the room one night while sleeping without asking permission and their excuse was that they thought there was noone in the room, that was unexpected, uncomfortable and somewhat scary. Next morning the hotel allegedly said that they mistakingly assigned the room and that it did not correspond to the one booked in the app. They also requested to pay even when the entire stay was already charged to the reservation credit card without warning and the offer in the app said that it can be paid at the hotel, the stay was going to be paid with a different credit card.

Location. The bed was comfy but it did not correspond to the booked room.

OK for a bed and a shower

Night staff customer service Cleanliness and shabb6 rooms

Some staff nice, one very unhelpful. We arrived very late after travelling for more than 20 hours, I have a mobility/disability and he made no attempt to help carry any bags despite the room being outside and up many steps. Daytime receptionist very pleasant. Rooms are very tired, curtains hanging off rails, lots of ants in bathroom. Property has character but needs lots of attention to upgrading. Not sure I like the local area at night. If I return to San Juan I would pay the extra to stay in the old town

Very pleasant with friendly staff. Acceptable price for area bathroom needs upgrade
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Though older charm of boutique hotel and our room had nice kitchen and fridge -the shower is outdated.

Proximity to the beach. Accommodating staff. Quaint buildings good privacy.

It was exactly what I expected.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was exactly what I expected. Being a boutique hotel in an old building, the rooms are obviously not modern but they were as expected. Very clean, comfortable, nothing flashy. The grounds are safe and well kept. I had a broken foot so there were more stairs all over the courtyard and lobby than I wanted but, once again, I knew I was booking in an old building. Convenient to good restaurants and convenience stores, one block from the beach. Overall very satisfactory stay, would definitely return.

Quality/price ratio not good at all.
    • Deal of the Day

Rooms look very old, no refrigerator in room, wifi not working properly in rooms. No that much space too lounge and enjoy. It was the most expensive hôtel I booked with Booking.com but the less comfortable!

Good location and warmful staff

A block from the beach and located blocks away from hip restaurants and bars on Loiza.
    • Economy Double Room

This was a great stay and we got just what we would have expected for the price plus some very kind staff as the cherry on top.

Facilities were clean and in great condition. Staff was kind, accommodating and eager to have guests. Puerto Rico is beautiful and ready for tourists!

Stayed overnight before we cruised.
    • Standard Room

I wasn’t a fan of one of the staff members. A gentleman with very little patience and zero personality. We had a late arrival due to our flight and I called earlier in the day to confirm our stay and our late arrival. Unfortunately there was some confusion because when we got there there was a lot of confusion and it was stressful to deal with at midnight. I also wasn’t a fan of their lackluster WiFi internet.

We loved the look of the place; it’s pretty cool the way that there’s almost like alleyways with more rooms around every corner. We liked the Spanish flair and the close proximity to the beach.

We loved our room. It was a great place to stay for the few hours between our late flight and cruise
    • Standard Room

The bathroom window was left open so the room wasn't as cool as it could have been.

Staff was super friendly at our mid-night checkin. There was a beautiful, huge beach just two buildings away.

It was ok.
    • Deluxe Room

I would have liked to have been able to check in earlier than the “some time after 3” I was told after arriving at noon after disembarking from our cruise and needing a place to crash until our midnight flight. But instead they forced us to wait until after 4! I worked in the hotel industry for almost a decade so I know that when an early arrival shows up, their room becomes the first room to be cleaned. I got a huge sunburn from waiting outside for hours.

We only ate at the Speak Easy Pizza restaurant which is attached to the hotel. It was an interesting place where it was very barren and rustic, kind of an outdoors experience. The two guys working there were nice but seemed ill prepared to have customers. The pizza was AMAZING though.

Puerto Rico se Levanta!
    • Standard Room

Rebuilding post-Maria still in progress, but that shouldn't stop fans of Puerto Rico. Most of the power is back in areas frequented by visitors, and water was fine. Driving can be difficult - many/most traffic lights are still out in the metro area.

We have been semi-regular at Wind Chimes for about 8 years, and love it dearly. We are not "big chain" travelers, so are more accepting of quirks in the independents. This was our first visit since Hurricane Maria. Some things don't change: location, staff, rooms. However, there is still quite a bit of clean-up going on in the neighborhood (creating noise and dust), and some recovery at Wind Chimes (my favorite roof nook is not yet rebuilt). The bar always has good company and the pizza is handmade in front of you. Beach is nearby and clean (not destroyed or trashed). Delicious neighborhood restaurants open. We use it as a first or last stop in the San Juan metro, because we prefer to spend most of time in other parts of Puerto Rico. The island residents worked hard to be ready for visitors - so go!

Great location, nice staff in cool, non-touristy neighborhood
    • Deal of the Day

-The lighting in the room (light bulbs are garish flourescents + somewhat limited); being on first floor, we needed to keep heavy drapes closed for privacy; some sheer (transluscent) curtains or a "half curtain" to let in light from above while maintaining privacy would have allowed more natural light in. -WiFi was a little spotty

-Location is fantastic. Besides being one block from beach, it's also one block from lively and authentic, non-touristy Calle Loiza. We could still walk to more high-end/touristy Condado or hip Santurce, but Calle Loiza felt more real and had lots of food/shopping/drinking options. I'm really happy we stayed in Ocean Park instead of Condado proper. -Staff was very friendly and helpful -Overall grounds are cute and charming. Liked having bar on site + pool + additional pool at sister property across the street

A great combination of comfort, charm, and convenience.
    • Best Available Room

It would be nice to have the option of drinking water available in the room, or be introduced to a water fountain during the check in process. The rest was great!

The hotel was extremely close to the airport. I loved its aesthetics, and the staff was so incredibly polite and warm. And for the current context and price, the hotel did extremely well. It was a wonderful start to our very first vacation in Puerto Rico!

Won’t ever come again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

More like a motel charging a three star hotel price. Very basic room. Only furnitures are two beds. No fan in the bathroom. Super humid after a shower. WiFi practically nonexistent. Shared hair dryer and iron. Poor service.

Location is convenient

Relaxing and enjoyabke
    • Standard Room

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Very professional and knowledgeable. I enjoyed my stay. Room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Pool area lovely.

Beautiful place run by mostly unfit, bitter and argumental staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was rude, the bathrooms didn’t have towels and it was dirty, when I stopped by to check in at 8 pm my room was not ready yet and I was promise a call to tell me when the room would be ready and at 3 am when I decided to go back I had to do the check in again.

I like the location, but no parking and the staff was not helpful to help me or guide me to find one.

Great place
    • Economy Double Room

I reserved 3 Guest and brought in an extra person and I was charged 55.00 when checking out instead of $25.00 and I was told they would get me a room with fridge And it was not true

Everything except what I comment

Bad choice
    • Standard Room

The room with a musty smell, the TV NEVER WORKED for more than we requested, the internet does not enter the room (imagine youself in pajamas outside trying to answer whatsapp or googling), the shower with hairs, the lady at reception who could not find the reservation for half an hour during my check in and then wasnt able to print the registration form, room and bed dwarfs, rust in the shower as shown by the photo of another traveler. I do not continue to not bore you.

My son booked a week at Booking without reading the reviews (I know, 21 century prosumers do not do that but he got excited and only read that he was "well placed"). When I checked, I got a little scared. Well, it was AS-IS! Positive things? Difficult task. I asked for an iron of borrowed clothes, they lent it to me and they did not take it from me during the stay, my son liked the pools of this hotel and that of his sister hotel half a block away and they were generous in soap and shampoo. One front desk girl was nice.

It’s old and dirty, shower curtain with fungus, TV dose not...
    • Standard Room

It’s old and dirty, shower curtain with fungus, TV dose not work, overall maintenance is bad, expectation was higher base on what they sell in their web page, will not stay agian

No privacy and staff not helpful
    • Economy Double Room

Honestly, nothing. No parking, the room they gave me was right in front of the bar area and it was really noisy until midnight. I couldn't rest and no privacy at all. I ask the staff to relocate me and they couldn't help me out. I'd stay 3 nights without any good sleep or privacy

from one to ten ....ten been the best : 4
    • Standard Room

This is more like a motel, the bathroom is super small, the room smell humid, the TV remote never work, we told the front desk about the problem with the TV remote they told us they will sent a technician, never did.

I did like the location and most of the staff was nice.

Stuff are super nice and they have clean rooms but little...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Stuff are super nice and they have clean rooms but little bit humid. They provide beach towel which is very convenient for relaxing in beach. The beach just several minutes walk away and it get closed to restaurants and bars. great location!!

I arrived at 9:00pm the receptionist said the card...
    • Standard Room

I arrived at 9:00pm the receptionist said the card didn't went though. I explained my card was all ok. Instead of verifying the data insisted it was a problem with my card. He then told me that I should take out the money from an ATM at that hour. I had to call my bank and had the call in speaker. Instead of waiting for the response he left. When returned I told him that all was ok. Then he decided to finally verify the data. The error was with the expiration date. My welcome was very uncomfortable. I wonder if this happens with other that would go to an ATM ???

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Not at all the cute boutique hotel I was expecting!
    • Best Available Room

Our cruise ship got into San Juan at 6am and our taxi took us to the hotel at 9:30am. There was no place to store our luggage except under a stairway and open to the public. We were concerned about leaving our luggage unattended so we sat in the lobby all day until check-in at 3:30pm. We saw that the room had been made ready but we're not offered an early check-in. The lady at the front desk was so rude and unhelpful. This hotel was probably nice when it was built but is now rundown and dirty. Do NOT choose this hotel the night before a cruise either because most leave port at 8:30pm and check out time is 11:00am.

Comfortable bed but loud noises in lobby.

The convenient location, being pet friendly makes this an ideal business accommodation.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms need a refresh. Chipped tiles, cracked sink, torn curtains, noisy A/C among other. For the nightly price you would expect these things to be fixed. The mattress should be flipped or changed. Overlooking the esthetics of the rooms, I'd say a "comfortable" stay and will book again.

The location is superb and the gentlemen working the front desk are excellent. Resident cat a bonus!

Disappointing and based on the photos, it was a let down.
    • Standard Room

Room so close to their hotel's noisy bar it felt like we could join in any conversation right from the bed. What looked like easily exchangeable curtains between the window and the shower provided limited privacy. Furniture right out of a college dorm, 80s.

Small older place in a sea of high rises. Attractively decorated with lots of plants, places to sit in the shade. Friendly staff. AC worked after Hurricane Maria. Minutes to walk to a very wide and nice beach.