Reviews of Caribe Hilton 4 stars

1 San Geronimo Street, 00901 San Juan, Puerto Rico

#37 of 49 hotels in San Juan

The view from our room of the ocean!
    • Wave 1 king bed with balcony

Air-conditioner was not working upon arrival, the Room had a very bad moldy smell and the carpet felt very wet. Watch out for extra fees charged for the room.

The view from our room of the ocean!

They should have told people that they was some areas not up to standards.
    • Wave 1 king bed with balcony

Hurricane Erma had went through two weeks prior and the power was in and out. One week later hurricane Maria destroyed the island. We had call prior to coming and asked if it was good and was told all was great no problems. Went on Royal Caribbean cruise and was total disaster not one port on schedule. Cruise was the worst I ever been on. I have cruised over twenty times. Not sure if I'll ever cruise again with them. I hope San Jaun will recover and be a vacation super spot soon.

People were friendly

I had a nice time but I won’t be going back to SanJuan nor wil I stay at the Hilton Caribe again.
    • Wave 2 Double beds

Upon arrival we were given a room that had bugs, the patio door was nailed shut and the entrance door would not open fullly. It was aweful. However, we spoke to someone at the front desk and was moved to another side of the hotel. I assume there are fair rooms, then nice rooms and then best rooms in this hotel. That saddens me because people pay a lot to come and enjoy their vacations. Had we not gone and complained we would have been stuck in that nasty room for 4 days after paying almost $1000. They also need to do a better job at keepin the pool area tidy at all times.

The beach was amazing.

Overall nice but would probably stay in Old San Juan next visit.
    • Beach King Room with Balcony

Our reservation through booking.com clearly stated breakfast was included. We were charged anyway and when we showed them the reservation they said it would come off the bill in 3 days. It never did!! The cost was $$ for breakfast especially considering I only drank coffee, orange juice and ate a pastry. My husband ate but they were less than helpful with this. Also when asking for directions they weren't very helpful.

The location was nice, walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

I live every thing the restaurant the pool the room it was...
    • Wave Ocean View 1 king bed

We rented at the beach area a bed and the people won't gave us a good service maybe because I think it was to far the offer water and fruits and if my hudsband didint ask for the water and the fruits they never bring it to us. That's the only thin that bother a little bit

I live every thing the restaurant the pool the room it was great and the people are so friendly treated us with so much attention that is making me come the next year

Frustrating
    • Double Room with Garden View - Disability Access

There were cockroaches in the bathroom. Too expensive for deteriorated facilities. Room keys didn't work, so we had to return to the Front Desk to obtain a replacement after wait around 30 min to be attended.

Not the same as it use to be..
    • Wave Ocean View 2 Double beds

Rude staff at pool stand, the planned kids activities never happened, hotel is run down and not upkept, bugs in room and tons of trash near pool, at 9pm everything goes on lockdown and your not even allowed outside! Stayed here 4 years ago and it was amazing we couldn't wait to come back, unfortunately it was a big disappointment! It's like a completely different place now...

Location and the beach

I liked the fact that they took my number and I could just...
    • Wave Ocean View 1 king bed

I didn't like the uber situation. They weren't allowed on the property but I don't believe that had anything to do with the resort itself.

I liked the fact that they took my number and I could just text them from my cell phone if I needed anything anywhere on the property.

Will try another hotel on my next visit to PR. The Hilton's facilities did not warrant the price.
    • Beach King Room with Balcony

Breakfast excessively expensive ($35 per person, per day). We ate elsewhere. The bar is also VERY expensive. No drinking water supplied in rooms. Plastic glasses and paper cups in room - not that serious but we expected at least a couple of proper glasses/cups for the price we paid. Toilet did not flush well and the bath did not drain properly after showering. No channels on the TV apart from pay per view - not even a news channel (movies were extortionate to rent). Poor view from the room. Not keen on security prodding around in my bag with a big stick each time I entered the pool/beach area - I do understand that security has to be taken seriously but it could have been done with a little more class.

Large bright room with a comfy bed. Good sized bathroom which was cleaned to perfection each day. The lobby and bar area are nicely decorated - very airy. Other areas of the hotel could do with some work. Pool okay but packed (it was August so we can't really complain). Beach a much nicer experience - more relaxed. We liked Fernando the iguana even if he did give us a bit of a fright the first time we saw him :). Staff very friendly and helpful when we wanted to leave our luggage on the last day before we got our flight. Good wifi signal. Good hairdryer, plus and iron and ironing board in room. We could have done with the few more coat hangers in the wardrobe.

you will definetly be coming back...
    • Wave 2 Double beds

this was a very fine place to the stay...it has everything you need...pool, beach, quite areas , restaurants and music .I would highly recommend this place and I have...I am already planning a return trip...

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Staff was friendly and overly accomodating.
    • Beach Ocean View, Two Double Beds with Balcony

Breakfast was very expensive, $30 per person. Wish there would have been a shuttle from the airport.

Staff was friendly and overly accomodating. Plenty of places to eat on site so you don't need to go out for anything if you don't want. Pool area was fantastic.

Great time for our first trip to Puerto Rico.
    • Wave Ocean View 1 king bed

Who ever had the room above use made some noise late at tnight.

I would like to thank Hiran Avila a bartender at the Alantico Bar and Grill at the pool. Excellent service and a fine man.

We enjoyed the stay at the Caribe Hilton remembering our honey moon.
    • Wave Ocean View 2 Double beds

The hotel should have a folding bed for a family that has more than 4 members. Also should have tropical music to dance to in the lobby.

Excellent facilities, cleanliness, security and comfort.

Eh, not bad but there's better elsewhere
    • Wave Ocean View 1 king bed

The rooms look nothing like the photos. The room was old/outdated. Third floor ocean view basically is a view of the rusty roof and the tree line with ocean in the background. Pool always dirty looking. They charge a nightly deposit that's not listed on Booking.com website for information on the hotel (resort fees are listed, but not the extra deposit) to your credit card and it is not released upon checkout as stated.

Bed was super comfy, walking distance to Old San Juan, easy commute to Condado, close to airport, and they have great concierge service for excursions.

Funnn in the Sun ....
    • 1 King Junior Suite

The only problem I had was when I checked in the gentleman noticed I prepaid my room but still double charged me for my stay... but other than that I loved the place and everything it had to offer

I didn't have the breakfast but I did have Morton's and it was amazzzzzzing 👌🏽

Excellent location for family beach fun
    • Wave 2 Double beds

I did not like the fact that the hotel did not have a shuttle service from the airport. Also housekeeping did not clean the rooms very well, but at least there were no insects crawling around!

We loved the location and beaches and the fact it was a resort with restaurants and shops within walking distance. We enjoyed that it was two miles from Old San Juan

We so enjoyed our stay here!
    • Beach Ocean View King with Balcony

We so enjoyed our stay here! Everything was awesome. Super close to everything or what we needed was a quick taxi ride. Staff was so nice and helpful and accommodating and did whatever they could to make us happy. Pool and beach area was so nice and relaxing. Would recommend this place to anyone. We can't wait to come back!

I like that the staff was very friendly.
    • Wave 2 Double beds

It's really expensive. I had to pay $29 for half a gallon of milk for my girls. That's just ridiculous.

I like that the staff was very friendly.

Awesome resort to spend your vacation at
    • Beach Ocean View King with Balcony

I liked everything about this place.

Safe place to stay and awesome beach and pool area. Food is delicious and the staff is extremely friendly and goes out their way to make you feel at home

Wont be going back
    • Wave 2 Double beds

Beds are hard as rocks, pillows although seem fluffy, flatten out as soon as you lay your hard. Hotel need a good updating to accomadate the price you pay.

The only good thing is the pool/beach areas are great for families.

Lovely way to spend my vavay
    • Beach Resort View, Two Double Beds

The inconsistency in what the security or staff was and was not supposed to do. For example, we never received assistance with our beach chairs or umbrella until the last day we were there. Also we had been coming to the pool and beach with no issues and then on the last day they asked to search our belongings and check that we were actual guest of the resort.

The secluded beach. I loved the amenities.

It was ok. However im upset they haven't returned the remaining of my deposit. Just because of that.
    • Wave Ocean View 2 Double beds

The took a deposit from me and never returned it. I ordered a sandwich which they took from the deposit but im still waiting for the remaining amount.

Beautiful by the city.
    • 1 King Junior Suite

Took a little long with check ins.elevators broke down no one knew . When they were running again no one was informed. Needs a bit work organization

Beautiful by the city. Food is good. Nice location. Cleaning staff was amazing

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Amazing . You do not need to leave the hotel or do any touring . Every thing is at your hand in this

Really nothing but i thought our rooms this time were older then last time ( last time we stead in front of the garden not sea view). But the place is lovely.

The swimming pools next to the beach were out of this world . The bar inside the pool ,and the lay out design of the outdoor facilities are amazing. I came 5 years ago and love the out side and came back for the same reasons . I also love the reception as being in and out side . Amazing . Love the inside bar . Hiram Avila who was working in the swimming pool bar will bring all customers back with his unbelievable service .

Unable to pay for 2 guests even with months advance of 2 guests not coming. No extras for 4 vs 2.
    • Wave 2 Double beds

I used booking.com and 2 friends cancelled months in advance and booking still made me pay the extra $300. The hotel could not assist with this issue since I didn't book with them. Booking representative refused to help, I will never use this avenue for my trips again or recommend. All commercials state you can get your money back, I was unable to pay for only 2 guests even with months in advance notice. Not very happy with the results of this service.

The trips we booked

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Fabulously amazing.
    • Wave 2 Double beds

Not being able to get in touch with the hotel when I arrived it seems the staff does not like to pick up the phone.

I loved it all and the best part was the view from my bedroom.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Loved it and had great time!
    • Beach Ocean View King with Balcony

We had an "Ocean view" room. More like a "roof view". You could see the ocean, so I guess it wasn't false advertising, but not what I expected. I stayed in the Governor's suite a few years ago, so I guess I was spoiled.

Bed was very comfortable. Having breakfast included was a great idea on my part. Morton's was outstanding!

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Nice location, overpriced
    • Wave 2 Double beds

Carpet and furniture outdated witg stains and cigarrette burns, bathroom with bad paint and holes in wall, food and beverages over priced.

The bed was comfy, the beach and pool awesome

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Full breakfast buffet was above and beyond top quality.

Pool and pool bar closed every night even weekends at 9pm. This was really a bummer for myself, kids, husband and cousin. Not to mention the beach area closed by 6pm before sundown.

Full breakfast buffet was above and beyond top quality. Resort was beautiful. The beds were so comfortable.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Perfect vacation spot in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
    • Wave 2 Double beds

Jacuzzi and pools closed at 9 pm, Wished it could be moved just a little later, even just 10pm.

The location, amenities, the pools, beach, ambience, the hammocks, the grounds and gardens, the large amount of food and variety at the breakfast buffet--even for vegan healthnut like my family and me. Rooms and beds were comfy, lots of place to sit/hang out, a lot of restaurants attached to the hotel, pretty easy to reach old town San Juan from here. It's such a beautiful place!! We are definitely coming back!!

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The facility and the location.
    • Beach Resort View, Two Double Beds

The poor service and the food on the restaurant located across the street from the parking lot entrance something named tropical

The facility and the location. Also, close to the hotel were Like a plaza with differents places to eat, I love it beacuse it was walking distance

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Beautiful hotel, wonderful staff!
    • Wave 2 Double beds

The staff was wonderful. There was an issue with my original room and an electrician who happened to be nearby and a bell hop both went out of their way to help me. My room was upgraded without my asking, and it was beautiful. The hotel is lovely, and the beach is spectacular.

3.5
    Pretty bad
    • Wave Ocean View 1 king bed

The rate, the service, the personel, no cold Water, rugs dirty , a/c just one temperature, i got a cold. This us not a Hilton Hotel by any standard.

Not much.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Not worth the price...Terrible experience with our room and service
    • Wave 2 Double beds

Where do I begin??!! 1.We were 2 families traveling together, we specified/separated the luggage and they delivered the wrong luggage to the rooms, eventually we had to haul our own luggage back to our room, rather than waiting for them to come back when they had time. 2. We asked if they could try to give us rooms in the same floor, or as close as possible...we were given rooms in different towers! (To which we had to carry our luggage to ourselves)... 3. The room in the "HHonors" Tower was terrible...old, smelly, outdated, ropes hanging down the balcony, rusted lamp, rusted phone, totally outdated and front door would close with a huge gap...we asked to be changed to a different tower, which they did.. 4. Came home to find duplicate room charges on my credit card and full charge for a breakfast buffet that was supposed to be included in the room stay!!! Terrible customer service...dealing directly with my credit card now. Never again!!

The pool area and oceanfront areas are nice, breakfast buffet food had a good variety. Location of the hotel was good and close to good restaurants.

Absolute poor value for money.
    • Wave 1 king bed with balcony

The overall appearance of the hotel. The cleanliness of the hotel. The tired and dated state of the hotel and room. The overpriced restuarants. The service and quality in the Italian restaurant. The dirty swimming pool. The value for money.

The size of the room and size of bathroom. The tropical garden with the wildlife.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Caribe is safe but too large to give guests personal attention.
    • Wave Ocean View 1 king bed

It's too expensive for the limited hands on customer service, facility is too large, the stores and restaurants close too early. Pool and beach assistance/accommodations were limited. And I got stuck in the elevator and one of the elevators stopped working for a short period.

The hotel was secure, clean, quiet, close to El Mercado

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

My favorite part of staying at Caribe Hilton, is the staff.
    • Beach Resort View, Two Double Beds

The hotel needs major upgrades. All over the place. The blow dryer in our room didn't even work. Upon arrival to our room on our first day, there were dirty used room service dishes right outside our door that took almost another day before it was finally taken away. It didn't even belong to us. Room svc for lemon would've cost us $12.

My favorite part of staying at Caribe Hilton, is the staff. So accomodating, so nice and so helpful! Despite the major upgrades needed at the hotel, the staff makes staying at Caribe Hilton very much worth it. The private beach area. Pina Colada club food was awesome!

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

First of we hope will be many stays.
    • Wave Ocean View 1 king bed

Our room had a connecting door to room next door. Unfortunately, that couple had a miserably unhappy child we heard scream each day. Some insulation between doors would be nice. It ruined nothing for us though

The staff is unbelievably accommodating. Professional, courteous, good natured. Their HR team does a great job with staff.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

The comfortable bed.
    • Garden View Suite, 1 King Bed

Several things in our room either were in disrepair or broken. (Drawer's, chair, clock, refrigerator shelving) Plus, we had booked a suite in order to have a kitchen facility but it had no dishes, utensils, garbage can, etc! Room lighting was also very confusing. Pool and hot tub area closing down at 9:00pm! Plus, the hot tub was only warm and the pool water was too cool. Not enough entertainment options offered on premise during the day or evening. Very little live music offered all week. (day or evening) For a vacation resort destination, we we're expecting many more fun things to chose from at the facility in order to keep our interest and us at the resort to spend our time and money!

The comfortable bed. Our room was cleaned well each day by housekeeping. The convenient location to both the airport and Old San Juan.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Amazing views and hospitality
    • Beach Ocean View, Two Double Beds with Balcony

This was my first time in Puerto Rico and everything about this hotel was amazing. Great staff, great food, and entertainment. The restaurants had excellent food for affordable prices! I highly recommend the bed rooms with ocean view you will never want to leave your balcony :) the gift shops items pretty affordable the highest item about $80.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Can't wait to go again :)
    • Beach Ocean View King with Balcony

The pillows weren't great - too soft and not enough of them. Also - there is a thai restaurant in the garden but we couldn't charge the meal to our room - the food was fantastic and staff lovely though so don't be put off!

Everything was really lovely, staff were friendly and very helpful, breakfast was fantastic and everywhere was clean and tidy. The gardens were beautifully kept.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Fabulous location.
    • Beach Ocean View, Two Double Beds with Balcony

It was very expensive and not good value for money. The rooms were highly priced and had none of the extras you would have expected for that price! Add to that the resort charge and taxes, it was a very expensive holiday. Also poor communication concerning their method of charging for the room. Caused problems for me using my credit card.

The location on the coast with a choice of beach or pool and lots of space throughout the hotel for a relaxing stay.

Nice resort with amenities, but rooms were dated.
    • Wave 2 Double beds

The ceiling in our room looked like it was starting to cave in. The furnishings were dated. A renovation was way overdue.

The amenities were nice. The resort had a private beach.

Amazing stay in San Juan
    • Beach Ocean View, Two Double Beds with Balcony

Complicated billing procedures. Did not clearly outline deposits and full payment schedule.

Staff was friendly, accommodating, and professional. Facilities were clean.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

The hotel faculties are nice and welcoming.
    • Wave 2 Double beds

The facilities are kind of old. They don't provide drinking water in the room unless asking for them. After around 6-7 pm, you can only get the towels in your room. Also, the beach is a little bit dirty so that you might step on some hard stones etc.

The hotel faculties are nice and welcoming. It is convenient that they have Starbucks and gift shop inside.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Best family Hotel of the island.
    • Wave 2 Double beds

Everything was ok by me. Maybe the fees a little too many by the day but if you look at other places around it's definitely worth it.

The Caribe Hilton was great!!! The staff friendly and the rooms perfect. Activities all day long for the whole family, great breakfast place, great new upscale food court right next door. Near everything you can possible imagine. Totally worth your money.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Good location for rooms need renovating
    • Beach King Room with Balcony

The rooms have not been updated and need a remodel. The bathtub was actually peeling, no wash cloths provided. The room was overpriced for the shape it was in. The daily resort fee charge was $60. This was for the wifi, access to the pool, beach towels. But it seemed overpriced for this.

Location was great, as it is a 3 minute drive to Old San Juan. And you can also walk to it in 30 minutes too, which was convenient. Staff was friendly and there were multiple restaurants to choose from onsite.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Aside for the above comment, it was nice.
    • Beach Resort View, Two Double Beds

The resort charge of $172.00 for something that was not used is outrageous. Should be billed as it is used only.

My wife loved the pillows. I found them too soft. The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Definately a place to consider staying!
    • Beach King Room with Balcony

The appearance of the room we were in was wonderful, until we went into the bathroom and noticed the neglect of the maintenance staff probably due to a lack of notification. Cracked drywall joints, burnt out light bulbs, stained ceiling to mention a few things noticed.

Asked them to change some light bulbs that were out in the bathroom and to surprise her with champagne and 2 glasses via text, and it was a hit! Although the champagne price in the room pamphlet was $50 cheaper then what I was charged at checkout.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Very run down, overall cleanliness VERY poor, room staff...
    • Wave 1 king bed with balcony

Very run down, overall cleanliness VERY poor, room staff didn't refresh simple things like toilet paper or the water glasses, had to call for toilet paper, area around the pool full of over flowing garbage, no one routinely walks around picking up after things or generally tidy up, the hotel in general looks like no money has been spent to repair or renew its appearance, very dated , for the price I definitely think a bit more is expected. Have plans to return to beautiful San Juan just not this hotel!

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Pool/ beach area
    • Wave Ocean View 2 Double beds

We booked a room with a refrigerator. One of the beds blocked the refrigerator door and made it unusable. I asked if we could move to a room with an accessible fridge, they said they couldn't believe it was blocked.We asked three different people, 2 at front desk (one said they would get housekeeping to check it, and one said they'd get engineering to check it) and one room service guy (who said he would follow up). No one ever came to check it as far as I know. No follow up calls! Not what I expect from Hilton!

Pool/ beach area

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

No more comments
    • Wave Ocean View 2 Double beds

The room wasn't ready for us(that lives here) but for tourists was ready.They have offers with breakfast included, and when I called they said that wasn't included. Some friends of us reserved the same day and they received better price with breakfasts included.

The room view

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

its was a beautiful place, very big
    • Wave 2 Double beds

customer service couldn't find our booking and keep us waiting at the desk for over an hour, after travelling 12 hours that the last thing you need, when asked to talk to a manager no manager came out, plus ended up paying twice the amount, safety not good my daughter also nearly got burnt by the coffee machine for some reason it was shooting out hot milk which just missed my 17 months year old daughter

its was a beautiful place, very big

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

The hotel property is very nice
    • Wave Ocean View 1 king bed

The swim up bar at the pool closed at 6 pm.

It was a very cool hotel. There's a nice public walking path from the hotel all the way into old San Juan. I wouldn't walk it alone at night- we encountered some sketchy people.

Comfortable but not very good value.
    • Wave Ocean View 2 Double beds

The resort facilities are OK (but pools are small) but the overall value feels poor. I suspect that better value is available in the area

Buffet breakfast has a good selection. On site Starbucks and a Sandwich shop.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Great for kids, but go for the pools and beach, not the rooms.
    • 1 King Junior Suite

The rooms were worn, a bit dingy, and in need of renovation. A few odd notes -- we couldn't get a 5th pillow for our king plus sofabed room; no bottle of water in the room; the TV was ancient, snow-y and hard to operate -- felt out of place. The spa was terrible - disorganized, felt like the masseuse didn't know an arm from a sausage, weak facilities - just give it a miss; stay at the pool and relax.

The pools and protected beach were great for the kids, the staff were pleasant and helpful, and overall it had a nice low-key vibe. Really nice spot for spending a lot of time sunbathing and swimming with the kids.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Good staff. No to towers!
    • Wave 2 Double beds

Do NOT book a room in the tower!!!! The rooms are old and dingy. It is not up to normal Hilton standards. However the staff quickly moved us to a much better room.

The staff was excellent and very accommodating. The breakfast buffet was also very good.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Do your own research and then stay here.
    • Beach King Room with Balcony

Rudeness of check in manager. Did not appropriately explain incidental hold placed on credit card. The young lady at front desk really helped with room change. "Concierge" was useless. Said there were no dining options within walking distance! He should be fired! Security lady near the Towers was very helpful and gave us multiple options.

Nice views, after changing rooms. Not good looking over a vast roof. Access to water and hammocks was nice, as was the small pier with barracudas illuminated at night.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Absolutely Amazing 5 STARS!!!
    • Double Room with Garden View - Disability Access

I absolutely love this place! The staff is amazing especially Efrain he goes above & beyond for the guest if you visit be sure to ask for him! The hotel & its surroundings are just beautiful. Every time I visit Puerto Rico I make sure I stay here. Give it a try you won't regret it!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

"BELOW HILTON STANDARD" STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE"
    • Wave 1 king bed with balcony

Received a room which was below the standard for the Hilton. Paid way too much for a dingy, dark, musty room. The shower had mold caked in the grout. Carpet was 70's style green and full of stains. Bathroom sinks were 70's style pale green. Hallway getting off the elevator was dark and dimly lit. Felt like we were walking down the hallway of an apartment building in the profects. What really disappointed me was I thought this was the condition of "all the rooms" at the Hilton but I found out differently by talking to other guests. We were placed in an area of the hotel that was in badly need of repair and a facelift but still paid over $130 US which is 172.00 Cdn dollars. I work hard for my money and saved to go on vacation. I wanted to stay at a hotel that is normally above my price range and was given a room in this condition, which is unacceptable. After speaking to other guests I went to the front desk to complain and was given a better room but this would never have happened if left to the hotel to offer an upgrade. We were booked for 2 nights. The front desk said that that was the type of room I had booked. I said "No, I booked a room at the Hilton online through their website and expected a higher standard than this. How am I suppose to tell the condition of the room by booking through the website. In my opinion, a hotel should always treat their guests to the best they have to offer. To always put their best foot forward in order to leave a good impression and to have guests "wanting" to return. All guests deserve to receive good value for their money and to be treated the very best that the establishment has to offer but unfortunately, in my case that did not happen. Why did I have to pay the same price for an awful room and again for the upgrade. There wasn't even a suggestion for a price adjustment. If asked for an opinion on this hotel....it certainly would not be favourable.

Bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

The lobby was decent.
    • Beach King Room with Balcony

Bathroom had mildew. Dirty soap left when arrived. The hotel Italian restaurant served bread with dirty napkins. The air vents had mildew and dirty. The continental breakfast area made us wait while they accommodated their friends first. We were clearly the first two waiting for a table of two and one of the waiters spotted his friend and sat them down first. When I complained to the hostess, she just said, we were next and had to wait. Not even an apology.

The lobby was decent.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Not good for your buck. Too expensive for what you get. Was to have a balcony room and got one not
    • Beach King Room with Balcony

Was old and dirty. Had to wash my feet before getting in bed.floor was filthy.

Seemed old and floor of room was dirty. Had to wash my feet before I got into bed.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Lovely hotel but beware of add ons and pick pockets!
    • Beach 1 King with Disability Access

Didn't like the 'add ons' should have cost approx £150 but ended up costing £280. Also it seems pick pockets were operating within the hotel. We lost a purse containing over $300 on route from room to front of hotel. Subsequent searches by hotel staff and security failed to locate it.

Rooms spacious and clean, great views from balcony.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Great place for kids
    • Wave 2 Double beds

It was under construction. The room was hot during the night.

It is the perfect place to go with kids. It has a beach that is protected by a reef barrier. It is shallow and calm. Perfect for my 3 year old! They had floties and sand castle building toys available for them for no cost. Our daughter was so happy!

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Loved it!
    • Beach King Room with Balcony

Rooms should have some type of rug if not going to be carpeted. The humidity would often make the floor slippery! Didn't like that we had to walk outside the hotel to use Uber, taxi drivers often gave unfair prices.

Our stay at the Caribe was amazing! The staff was friendly, the room was great and Puerto Rico was beautiful. Loved breakfast at the cafe every morning and Mortons was to die for! Can't wait to return.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Very relaxing hotel
    • Beach Ocean View King with Balcony

The breakfast, while very rich, is very expensive (even with the early bird promotion). We had an issue with the room cleaning service that took a few hours to resolve while the hotel staff kept telling us that it is being taken care of immediately (while it was not)

The garden, pool and beach are great and very enjoyable, the breakfast is very rich (yet expensive)

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Not terrible, but definitely not worth the price
    • Beach King Room with Balcony

The A/C was supposed to go down to 65 degrees in our room, but it never did. Our room had fruit flies that we complained about, but nothing really was done about that problem. There were puddles of water in the lobby that I slipped on - no signs telling us to beware. The clothesline in the shower was broken, there was a large space between the shower door and the shower floor which made HUGE puddles in the bathroom...all in all, I did not expect that in such a pricey hotel.

The staff was quite friendly at times, but other times they were pretty rude.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Where to stay if your going to see old San Juan.
    • Wave 2 Double beds

Pricepoint. I have been in rooms without the Hilton name that have been nicer.

Close proximity to old San Juan is a plus. Newly opened Paseo del Caribe Mercado afforded dining options. Nice beach. Furnishings in room were a little tired.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Staff were all nice and helpful.
    • 1 King Junior Suite

Hotel was not up to date like the photos, our room door ended up not working when we came back at midnight and we had to move all our stuff that we unpacked. They upgraded us to a suite which was nice but housekeeping didn't come everyday. The beach is kind of dirty and not as nice as the photos, deceiving overall. Everything was far away, would not stay here again next time.

Staff were all nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

I
    • Wave Ocean View 1 king bed

The beach was dirty with cigarette butts and the water had quite a bit of garbage in it. The bath tub, sliding glass doors and the head boards on each bed appeared dirty

The bed was comfortable and the room temperature was nice I liked the stores in the hotel and enjoyed feeding the fish and the birds

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Cubs WIN!! Caribe is a HIT
    • Beach Ocean View King with Balcony

The fact that there was a renovated room and because I didn't pay $16 extra it was an option. Being a rewards member and paying the rate paid the room should've been at it's best regardless.

My view was outstanding

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Would look for another hotel next time,more centrally. Too far from night life. Dissapointed in roo
    • Wave 2 Double beds

Peeling , chipping paint in the room. Chipping tile on bathroom floor. Our room had a view of a roof top. Over priced bars.

The beds were comfortable. The outside amenities were nice, beautiful views from outside.

Hotel rooms need major renovations.
    • Beach Ocean View King with Balcony

Everything was great up until we made it to our room. It was very disappointing. The rooms are dated. I'd never think the Hilton would have such outdated rooms with rust all over. "The Holiday Inn express" I stay at in Jacksonville when I go visit my step sons have much better rooms (surprisingly). Plus we booked a room with ocean view in the main wing. The description clearly stated it would be a panoramic view of the ocean, instead they put us in a partial ocean view room in the owner's wing. My fiancé had to go back to the front desk to get it fixed. They changed the room, but still kept us in the owner's wing. Bottom line, the rooms need some major renovations. I was expecting way more for what paid.

The amenities at the hotel are great. That's the only reason we did not check out right away. They have a substantial size pool with a pool bar, comfortable lounging chairs and cabanas at the beach. They have a DJ on the weekends. They also have different restaurants on site, but we ate out just to have a better feel of what Puerto Rican food is all about. They have a good staff as well.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Great with just one minor issue
    • Beach King Room with Balcony

Some of the staff like the security guard racial profiling us because me and my husband have a lot of tattoos so they always asked us for our room key it's was a little annoying

The pool with the bar was my favorite part

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Love PR but not my stay
    • Beach Resort View, Two Double Beds

They wanted to charge me more and not honor my Bookings.com amount and stated that bookings.com is always making these types of errors- and they wanted to charge me an additional resort fee- once i showed them my email confirmation with the other amount they said ok- we will honor it this time. The rooms were so stuffy and outdated- the temp in my room was 77 degrees and i had an infant. I had to change rooms twice and had to constantly remind them i need a room with an updated AC.