Reviews of Casa del Caribe Inn 2 stars

57 Caribe Street Condado, Condado, 00907 San Juan, Puerto Rico

#4 of 5 B&Bs and Inns in San Juan

6.2

I would definitely go back.
    • Economy Double Room

We booked a hotel last minute and found it difficult at first due to everything being booked. Caribe was available and i loved how easy the process was. We did everything online and showed up to the location 2 hours later. Very comfy and amazing location.

NA
    • Standard Queen Room

the fact that when i reserved it, I did it under a bed and breakfast category and it really doesn't offered that. I was a little bit disappointing.

i liked the cleanness of the room--everyday fresh towels and neatness of the bed.

There was no breakfast there was no coffee just the bed and...
    • Economy Double Room

I thought we would get breakfast really no service I wouldn't stay there again I go somewhere else

There was no breakfast there was no coffee just the bed and that's all it's an old place

Very close to the beach and good restaurants.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

No hot water available. This did not bother me because of the warm weather, but it was a problem for others in my party. This should not be a problem in a hotel with these rates.

Very close to the beach and good restaurants. Comfortable beds. Kitchenette in the room. Good quality amenities and supplies. Strong Wi-fi. A friendly and helpful staff.

For the money, near the beach you could argue the value is decent. Just lower your expectations.
    • Economy Double Room

They never seemed to actually clean the bathroom. Forgot bedspread one night. There is no glass window or screen over the hurricane shutters. No regular manger on site. Rooms are dinged up, fixable.

Bed was comfortable. They are friendly and seem to care.

Great value and perfect location
    • Economy Double Room

Its not a fancy hotel but it’s low key and suits the carribean vibe. Perfect for the price.

Perfect location. Center of Condado right behind the Marriot. Clean, friendly and comfortable accommodation that makes it great value. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Nice outdoor shaded seating area. Amazing restaurant across the street Cocina abjection! Do not be scared off my the hurricane last year. Everything is back in order now and the eat thing you can do it bring your business back!

This was a great, go to sleep hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room

If the person at the hotel would've provided us with the parking pass, the parking would've been cheaper...… can't complain though, peace of mind is priceless compared to finding a ticket on your car for being parked in the wrong place .

This was a great, go to sleep hotel. In the middle of the Condado there normally is no parking, this hotel had a parking lot right in front, so it was a big plus. Plenty of places to eat closeby.

Bed hotel
    • Queen or King Room

I booked at Caribe inn informing of my arrival at 23.30pm, once there a girl informed me that my room was in the other place (no communication before) as my taxi left, I moved with my language without their help while it was raining. The room was at 4th floor without elevator, the stairs to small, it was really dirty, old the steel with rast, such small animals and mosquitos then the AC was broken. I asked to change the room but they said that was not possible, the day after I found a new guy more helpful that after checked the AC changed me the room, this guy was very nice and professional.the new room was almost the same, very dirty, the walls with dust swabs attached, the bed terrible....it looks like wrist than an hostel

Almost nothing

A comfy place un the middle of everything.
    • Queen or King Room

Finding a parking spot was a hassle.

The location was at walking distance of a lot of great restaurants with a lot of variety, the beach was at walking distance too, supermarkets, cvs, walgreens, el Viejo San Juan was like a 10mins drive from our room.

Not referring anybody to go to this hotel
    • Queen or King Room

It was dirty alot of insects and termites it wasn't comfortable at all we wanted to get our refund back for the three days that we didnt stay there we checked out April 29 instead of staying to May 2 and I didn't like that we couldn't get our refund back

I didn't like this hotel not one bit so I can't say anything good about it

Great for the purpose of my visit
    • Economy Double Room

Rooms need to be upgraded but I heard they are going to upgrade soon

Location location location, friendliness of staff... Nilsa and Marina were great!!! And price,

the new Manager at the Hotel she make our stay very...
    • Standard Queen Room

not enough tv channel front desk service it's to short for the day room not up to our expectations

the new Manager at the Hotel she make our stay very enjoyable can not remember her her name she has bread on her hair

• Standard Queen Room

I was upgraded to Canario boutique hotel. Location was great 1street in from beach. But room was small dark small window looking out to another building. But it was clean.price was kind of expensive for what I got. But it appears everything in San Juan area expensive. Front desk was good.

WILL FIND BETTER ACCOMODATIONS NEXT TRIP.
    • Economy Double Room

NO STAFF ON SITE. HAVE TO WALK TO CANARIO ON ASHFORD TO FIND OUT NO CHECK IN UNTIL 4 P.M.....AND BACK AGAIN. WAY OVERPRICED!!

CONVIENENT TO BEACH AND RESTAURANTS.

Renovation!

Cleanlesnest

I understand that they were destroyed for the hurricane 4 months ago but it is not excuse to maintain a roof and the room clean, there was bugs and the property is too old. The property in general needs renovation to start a good business again!

Overall seeing a friendly person with a smile goes a long way.
    • Economy Double Room

There was no one to greet you at the front desk. Looks like theqy place was closed. I kept ringing the bell to get in and surprisingly the woman that was working was on her way out!! So a minute later on arrival, I would have been struck outside or any delay in travel. Needs improvement .

I like that it was in the middle of the Condado area so walk to restaurants etc.

Only thing is when I checked in from the other hotel, the...
    • Economy Double Room

No one is there after 5pm and you have to check out in another hotel and then got the keys and come back. No parking available and has to park in Marriot's lot, which costs another $25. Only front door has a poor lock and the fence is just as high as my chest. The entrance to the lobby has a broken lock which works no more. Room is completely different from the pics. White sheets and really normal and colorless room. And the cleaness is terrible, I can accept terribly rusty bathroom furnitures given the room is really old, but the severely dusty lamps, corners and floors? My gf and I got bitten but god knows what kind of bugs and got many itchy spots!!!!!!! When checking out the staff is really detached, cant understand why she's still hired. Cant imagine what hotel can be worse. Plz never go to this place it's gonna ruin your impression to PR if you're on a trip!

Only thing is when I checked in from the other hotel, the staff at that hotel is pretty friendly.

Pleased overall
    • Best Available Room

Too many mosquitoes. The outside has a garden type setting. I suppose better abatement of bugs could be done. Rooms had mosquitoes as well.

They provided a better room when 1st room wasn't satisfactory. The staff was very accommodating.

Location was excellent, but property was shoddy

The kitchenette was in serious need of an overhaul. Appliances, cutlery, dishes, sink, refrigerator... did not cook there once as I had planned during my 7 day stay.

Excellent location - close to CVS/Walgreens, Starbucks, and many restaurants. Very lively area.

Very disappointed - no disclosure of shortcomings. No price adjustment made to reflect shortcomings
    • Best Available Room

We called after we checked in to see how the TV worked - no cable hooked up yet. The room had no hot water. The floors were dirty. There was no disclosure made about shortcomings prior to check in.

The bed was comfortable. Also decent location.

Paradise found
    • Economy Double Room

Any issues I had were due to Maria-- the storm's aftermath creating problems beyond the control of the personnel. They have done a great job recovering and cleaning to be open for tourist season. Be patient. Recognize you are in an area recovering from the worst hurricane to ever hit the Americas. Keep this in mind if you are visting in late 2017 or early 2018. Enjoy this lovely setting on his beautiful island!

The location is excellent. The sitting patio or breezeway felt comfortable and secure at night. I liked the restaurant across the street for small bites and for full meals.

No parking.
    • Queen or King Room

No parking. Had to walk a couple blocks to check in. My key opened other rooms also, which no doubt means others court open my room. Checked out the next morning.

• Room with Two Queen Beds

no tv because the problem with Cable Tv .

I book in this hotel looking for a place to stay one night for my Company Christmas Party, I used to rest and have a good time.

It was for only one night, but to stay longer, it is not a good place for so
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The Hotel has no ammenities, absolute nothing, the front desk close at 5pm, so I couldn't complaint about the lack of hot water in the tub, price is too high for what they offer

I like only the location, this hotel has no ammenities at all, only the bed to sleep in. That's it all, but the bed was clean,there's no hot water in the shower, I complaint about that, and they didn't that.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

The guest reviews I read prior to booking gave me good...
    • Standard Queen Room

The guest reviews I read prior to booking gave me good expectations....one is paying for location, not ammenities or luxury. The staff, though helpful, always seemed like I was a bother. My rating would be better if it were not for the impersonal interactions.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The location was great.
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff let us check in little early. But the bed sheets didn't get change. There were hairs and stains on the sheet and the pillow cases smell dirty.

The location was great.

We did not have a very good experience at this hotel.

There is no excuse for not having an employee on hand to check in and out customers during daylight hours as was the case here. We are mobility challenged and had to walk about two blocks to check in and then the employee that came to help us could not open the door with the key he was given. It took several tries and about an hour or an hour and a half time to get us into a room. My 81 year old husband passed out in the bathroom and fell and had to go to the emergency room and I am convinced that part of the reason was due to the hassle we went through trying to get into a room that we had already booked through booking.com.

The employees that we dealt with were nice and tried to be helpful. The room was adequate but we did not get to use it much as we were in the emergency room until 12 midnight. The garden areas were nice.

Terrible!! Would not recommend or refer this hotel.
    • Economy Double Room

They ran my credit card card , then showed us our room. The hotel was dirty and smelled real bad. We did not want to stay and demanded a refund. they did not refund our money nor did we stay at hotel. It was a terrible experience and I feel like we where robbed in the process .We just want our $116.00 back. Bookings.com should not represent a hotel that rips people off. Very misleading.

It was clean and secure.
    • Standard Queen Room

It is an old facility, but well maintained.

It was clean and secure. Staff was superb. Great location. Many excellent restaurants within a short walk.

This place isn’t what y’all pictured at all maybe 7 years ago or a really good camera
    • Standard Queen Room

Implode and rebuild a new place 772.00 for 6 days in a crap hotel and all they could say was call booking.com oh we’re sorry please call booking.com

Place was run down

The staff was friendly and helpful.
    • Best Available Room

The room and the furnishings were old and shabby. The room had an old, in the window air conditioner that was very loud and would wake me whenever it would turn on. For $150.00 a night, it was not what I was expecting.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was close to shops, restaurants and the beach.

This is an available moderate price accomodation in a great neighborhood.
    • Economy Double Room

This is an old property that has not been maintained well. I stayed at this property because of the lack of accommodation availability in Puerto Rico. If you arrive in the evening there is no check-in desk resources so you have to travel a short distance to a sister property to check-in and then walk back to the hotel. There was only 1 room key.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The location is perfect. Close to the airport and a lot of restaurants within walking distance. This is 10 minutes from the docks for cruises.

Plan to be patient in PR still, staff does the best they can with unreliable resources.
    • Economy Double Room

There were no screens on bedroom windows (in a zika virus area), AC unit in first bedroom we were shown was loud and directly over bed. Weirdly the back of the hotel (where our room was) had piles of old carpet and debris by an ice machine that we were told to help ourselves to but the front of the inn and lounge area was very nice, clean with lots of plants.

staff was extremely helpful and accommodating! Cocina Verte restaurant across the street was incredible!

Nice and cosy accomodation near Condado Beach

Great place, but the price was too high in my opinion.

The beds were very comfy and the room was huge - including even a kitchen with a table and chairs. The location was great - just a few steps away from the beautiful beach of Condado.

Thankfully we only stayed one night
    • Queen or King Room

The hotel had zero facilities and did not serve any meals, the room was clean and the bed comfortable but the room was in need of redecoration, the walls had been painted recently but the base boards were peeling and the communal areas also needed attention. We understand that the area had just gone through a major hurricane but it doesn't take much to vacuum the corridor carpet. We had a generator outside our window and if you turned the AC unit on you could not hear yourself speak, We paid $160 for one night which we thought was extortionate for the standard of the hotel. The hotel was meant to be Shabby Chic but it was just plain Shabby

The reception staff were friendly and helpful and the location was good being just one block from the beach and there were a variety of shops and good restaurants close by. They also looked after our luggage as we had to check out of the room and they could not give us a late check out. The management allowed us to wait at a sister hotel close by as we had several hours to wait for our flight out.

The hotel was comfy, clean and the staff was wonderful.
    • Best Available Room

The generator ran out of gas and it took a while to get it running again but it was not their fault. PR is going through a very rough time and I was happy to be able to find a hotel with any electricity even if it was intermittent.

The staff was very friendly

very poor stay
    • Queen or King Room

When I got to the property there was no one to check me. I had to wait 30 minutes for some one to come after I call the number. I was then informed that the power was going to go off and on and the presence of a generator noise might be disturbing which I had to endure all night and I did not even had power for 30 minutes during my stay from 7 pm to 9 am.. I would wish to state that I should be refunded at least $100.00 us from a total of $160.23 for the accommodations

Just a bed to sleep was the best thing

The place has obviously gone downhill since the photos were...
    • Queen or King Room

Great shower! Nice funky furniture and art work. Overall cleanliness was pretty bad. Allergy nightmare. Great silver coffee container etc in the foyer. However, in the morning it just had a small bit of cold coffee in it. Just slack management.

The place has obviously gone downhill since the photos were taken.

My arrival night was a disaster
    • Economy Double Room

I called ahead of my trip to inform staff my will arrive at 130 am.i wanted to pay for an extra night so i could check in.they said i could when i arrived they said no and for me to find some place to go until 3pm check in time.

Good value
    • Economy Double Room

We came in late at night and had to check in at another hotel around the corner which wasnt a big deal except we were given a set of keys with 205 on them and sent on a goose chase after a long day, with a kid and our luggage to find out that what were actually looking for was room 5. The phone number listed wasn't going through and we had to walk back over to the other hotel to be told the room info. Seems entirely too simple to assign an actual number to the key that makes sense especially since universally when a room number starts with a 2 it's on the second floor!! The tub needed refinished but for the price of this room and location I didn't expect perfection. We would stay again, had nice courtyard and coffee in the morning!

This location is AMAZING walk to so many restaurants and the beach. Sad we were only here one night.

Was so worth it!!
    • Standard Queen Room

Late check in wasn't that nice but that's with all hotels in the area. Needed another garbage can and an iron would have been nice.

Great price for the room and is so close to everything. Would stay there again!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Good price but...
    • Economy Double Room

Even thought the towels were change everyday and the bed sheets was fixed, the toilet, sink, floors were not cleaned. Some of the white walls and doors were dirty and with peeled paint, and dust in the windows. The thing is that the remedies are so simple that is incredible that the management is not doing a better supervision of the rooms because they could have a great facility.

I like the price and closeness to the beach and important areas. Front desk staff was nice and helpful.

Wasn't what I thought
    • Economy Double Room

Bed and pillows are not comfy. There is no blow dryer There is nobody at the front desk before 9:00 am and after 5:00 pm. When you have to check out before 9:00 am there is nobody or instructions on where to leave the room key.

Cozy, perfectly hidden gem
    • Economy Double Room

No complaints we had a great stay.

I loved the traditional feel of the room. The bed was very plush. We were close to everything in Condado. We used uber to visit other places which was cheap and affordable.

Look for another place because in inconvenience! !!
    • Economy Double Room

Had to park on street to unload then go another block on busy street to pay and get keys and then drive back to look for parking on street. Had to pay another $21.00 for lot parking.

Morning coffee on patio.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Wouldn't do it again
    • Economy Double Room

That one key opens every door. So how do we know other guest won't go in your room. No one there in morning to check out. Dirty bathroom and dirty room.

For a solo traveler that won't stay in room
    • Economy Double Room

I did not like that there was no parking, had to park at the Marriott for $22 a night. The room was very small and the wall to the bathroom was a half wall with no door so if you went to the bathroom then you would smell it all. The room cleaners did not come everyday. The outside door would jam a bit so you had to make sure it would latch.

I liked the location it was in. It was right on the strip so we didn't have to drive everywhere, it was also close to the beach.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Nice alternative accomodation to a hotel
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Location was good, close to beach. Local/traditional restaurants and night life close-by was a bonus and worth visiting (Mercado area). Accomodation different from a hotel but was nice.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Think again
    • Best Available Room

Unfriendly reception staff. Bathroom locked shut and we couldn't get in. It took ages, (after letting the off site female receptionist know), to get it fixed, when we saw the handyman he hadn't been told about it. Handles/doorknobs etc. felt very sticky all the time :( Stayed in some smashing PR places for less money!

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Quaint older mini hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room

It is tiny and poorly signed. Even the taxi driver had a hard time finding it.

Quaint older mini hotel. Nice enough for a night or two. Wouldn't want a week there.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Good value for minimal ammentities
    • Standard Queen Room

A staff member on site would've been helpful. I had to call a number to ask questions and check in and out.

Decent price for what you get there. We never say staff on site and checking in and out was a pain but it was a cheap price. The room was always cleaned up well!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Not what you expect it to be
    • Economy Double Room

This place Could be a good one and this is why you can t say that it is horrible but the owner clearly invested 10 years ago maybe and have a hard time finding back his pocket to keep it in shape. It is not the worst but you clearly pay for the location. We had a room with no windows for 8 days, so it was super dark and we could not figure what was the weather like outside when it was actually a very sunny day. The room had been cleaned only once in 9 days and we ended up finding the towel closet for us to change them and wash the floor. The staff at the reception was the only pleasant surprise.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

The room is big and clean.
    • Economy Double Room

We had to walk to a different hotel to check in. Beds are a bit hard. There are few power outlets in the room.

The room is big and clean. The staff is very helpful. Nice lounge in the reception area. Location is good. Restaurants and shops nearby and close to the beach.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Stay at Condado
    • Queen or King Room

Despite the fact that the room was really big with lots of storage, it was also too dark. It was really good just to sleep. It did not feel very inviting to sit around in the room and there isn't a real lobby. Outside by the main entrance, there were a few sofas and tables. Some customers sat there reading and talking but it really felt like sitting at someone's driveway.

The staff was very nice and polite even though every day there was someone new there but they all had a nice welcoming smile. The location was perfect.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Hotel was old and smells bad also late night no reception i didnt like my stayed in this hotel.
    • Queen or King Room

Room was smells like not use it since long time also on the bed i found to many hair first imppresion was tht hotel was like no checking in tht hotel need to go same other hotel to check in there and walk to the hotel with suitcase for this hotel this amount of money not right .i will never go there again

Location nothing else about hotel

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Beautiful B&B within walking distance to beach and casino's!

No facilities or amenities even though they were not important to us particularly.

The location was excellent. The suite we got was spacious and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Like I said if I have to stay there again I will
    • Best Available Room

No continental breakfast .

Location was great . Room was awesome !!! I wish you had serve continental breakfast !!!! Navin if it was a Danish a doughnut toasted bread bagel . But if I have to go again yes I will .thank you🤗

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Very welcoming and helpful staff!
    • Queen or King Room

Very welcoming and helpful staff! Great location, close to the beach and restaurants. Close to a bus stop. Nice and clean room with no loud noise from the street.

Good Value / Location / Friendly Staff for Money

All good.

Great location near Condado, restaurants, & hotel beaches. Local bus ride from Old San Juan, 20 minute taxi ride from airport. Very helpful staff. Good value for the money.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Highly recommended
    • Best Available Room

If I had to say something it would be that, they don't offer parking, but there's a huge, secured lot right across the street from the hotel for $18 for 24/hrs. (That worked)

Very, very clean, super attentive and friendly staff. Wi-Fi worked. Walking distance from everything.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

The location was absolutely amazing, near great restaurants ...
    • Queen or King Room

They got our reservation mixed up and we got a smaller bed that we wanted ... they said they would change us but never did. We got a complimentary breakfast but we had to get it on a different location far from our hotel... 😢

The location was absolutely amazing, near great restaurants , bars and the Beach 💕

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Great place to stay and more money In your pocket
    • Queen or King Room

I didn't like when I went to travel south of the island and spent the night, I came back to my speciality soap and my head rest missing. I went to ask front desk about it and they didn't have it. This never happened, but it's about the principle. I also didn't like that this place didn't have a generator during the black out. That's why I rated low on the comfort.

I liked everyone's attitude and attentiveness. Though the property look a little worn, I felt safe and it was comfortable. Great stay for low budget

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

I would not stay there again.
    • Economy Double Room

They need a back up generator at this place. Puerto Rico had a power outage from Tuesday 9/20 to 9/22 and we were in the dark. Not acceptable !!!

They are not a B&B. Only coffee

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

A great getaway in the middle of the urban jungle
    • Economy Double Room

I had an amazing experience. The room was comfortable for my needs. Excellent location, also great helpfull staff. I'm definitely recommending this inn.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

The location is ideal if someone wants to stay in the Condado area!! Great location and convenient.
    • Economy Double Room

The entrance. When I arrived, I had to wait outside on the street for a long time, until someone arrived to let me in.

My room was very quiet. I never heard any noise.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Little Gem!
    • Economy Double Room

Some renovation is needed very old building with a smell but it worked out just fine!

The staff was very nice and helpful. Walking distance from the beach and NO MORE than a $8 Uber ride to Old San Juan and walking distance from local attractions!

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

My 3rd time as a returning customer and 3rd time was not a charmer
    • Economy Double Room

When i needed a check out of noon instead of 11a.m. due to a medical reason and was denied by the front desk clerk that morning, although a previous front desk staffer indicated that would not be a problem just advise the person on duty that morning. The front desk and her female supervisor denied the request. It was a B&B, where a continental breakfast was served and NO longer served which made the INN somewhat special but NO LONGER special.

Some staff understood what customer service was while others had NO clue.....

The sink was dirty ne more clean

The sink was dirty ne more clean

Good
    • Standard Queen Room

Condensation on curtains creating mold like appearance. One day wioutgout hot water

Amazing staff.

Check-in after 5 you need to go to a different building. A little confusing but not terrible.

Amazing staff. Quiet and clean room.

This is a very good place to stay for the price and location.

Good maintenance

Interior patio

it was ok, butI'm not stay there again
    • Economy Double Room

one channel tv ? room was not clean to our standard people smoking marijuana next door room that smell was nasty

Great location and great room for a reasonable price.
    • Economy Double Room

Great location and great room for a reasonable price.

I love to stay at that property again

No parking

I love that property. Quite . I love the bed comfortable look clean.

It was great