Reviews of Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan - Hotel & Casino 4 stars

8000 Tartak Street, 00979 San Juan, Puerto Rico

#18 of 49 hotels in San Juan

Enjoyed the staff and the bartender by the pool!
    • Studio with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

To pricey with all the construction on property! The breakfast was not organized long lines.

Enjoyed the staff and the bartender by the pool! Happy hour.

The pool area, casino and happy hour/breakfast is...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The rooms seemed a little outdated.. rust in a lot of place and also the carpet always seemed damp to me.

The pool area, casino and happy hour/breakfast is amazing! Make sure to get to breakfast early!!!

My kids enjoy a lot the experince in Embassy Suites San Juan
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

too much construction works at a time. problems with money change machines in the games room

swimming pool facilities, desk attention, room cleanliness

The breakfast was good.

The room was not worth the price we paid. The air did not work properly, there was a musty smell in the room, and the toilet did not work properly.

The breakfast was good. The complimentary drinks and snacks for happy hour was a plus. It didn't hurt having a casino right there in the lobby.

The room was good.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

The facilities and service was not great. I felt like being in a Hostal. In Breakfast , scrambles eggs were cold.

The room was good. Comfortable and good a/c

Enjoyed our stay, would return.
    • King Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

Construction was distracting but the situation is understandable. Our room had double beds, not in separate areas - so not a suite, was a bit drab and what's with the counter being so high?

The pool area was gorgeous. staff seemed to be going out of their way to make up for the construction.

workers were friendly, room was awesome, and great food.
    • Studio with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I booked my room thru booking.com and when I got there, there was no reservations made for me. I was lucky that they had rooms available. I will never use this website again to book any hotel.

workers were friendly, room was awesome, and great food.

Okay

Construction and $19 to park

Close to beach & comfortable bed & good breakfast and friendly staff also the 2 hour free drinks and snacks during happy hour was nice

It's not like in the picture.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

It's not like in the picture. When we just arrived, I was sure the driver did mistake. The breakfast was till 9am and we couldn't even eat something.

Lack of service and paying such high rate with construction going on and was told all was fine.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

Service was very poor. Pool bar close due to lack of staff. Request a blanket took 7 hour to get one. Construction was taking place and no mention when you book and call on the situation. Took 40 min to get help for the bellman to come outside to get my luggage.

Puerto Rico getaway
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - High Floor

The concierge, and pool staff were not very accommodating or friendly. Tried to receive assistance in booking excursions and gain transportation, but concierge was not helpful. I was advised to go on website, and seek parking attendants for assistance. The room smelled like mildew, although I am aware that there was a hurricane recently. I wish there were balconies or a method of opening windows because it would help with the smell. One of the main reasons for choosing the property was the included breakfast, but it was not favorable. Most of it tasted like frozen or microwavable options. My family decided to have breakfast off the property for the majority of our stay. Also, chose over Marriott because thought the property would be family friendly, but no activities for children, except for an old arcade. For the price of the stay, could've stayed elsewhere, and received better accommodations.

The front desk,facilities, and entertainment staff were very friendly, and accommodating. The best part of the stay was the evening reception and the rooms were large enough for a family. Also, there is an Outback on site, which was good for dinner options. The hotel is in close proximity to restaurants and the beach.

Our stay was very satisfying and would highly recommend this hotel to our friends and family.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Our Wifi connection was weak but it could have been caused by the results of the recent hurricane.

I liked the friendly service and the big comfortable bed. The pool was awesome and I like hearing the live bands in the casino.o

Had a nice time.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

When i call front desk about water in bath tub was coming out brown and they told me someone was coming and no one did come and check the situation out.

I love everything about the hotel.

Staff was not too friendly, lots of trouble to get the...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - High Floor

Staff was not too friendly, lots of trouble to get the breakfast, go to the pool, the elevator (broke), the room had something broken when I got there.

Our stay was epic!! Everything was perfect!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Honestly, our stay was very pleasant. The breakfast offered was delightful , and the restaurant food was exquisite. Bartenders from The Patio were sweet!! Everyone I encountered at the hotel had a smile, was courteous, and helpful.

Staff was attentive, and overall service was impeccable! I would definitely recommended tSan Juan/Carolina Embassy Suites to all my friends. I had checked out and forgotten my clothes in the closet. I called and San from security was most helpful in retrieving my items so I can pick them up.

Awesome! The hotel was beautiful, the complementary breakfast and happy hour was a plus.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

We missed a full day and the rate couldn't have been discounted. Arrived at 2:00 am 8/12/17 and checked out at 12:30 am 8/14/17

The hotel clerk was rude checking us in and also he gave us a different rate that was way more expensive that received at the time of booking. Secondly he gave a receipt for $100 less than we paid in cash.

Awesome Suite & Hotel. Everyone should stay here :)

I loved everything.

I liked the Happy Hour. I also enjoyed the breakfast buffet and the whole family was included at no extra charge. The pool area is Fun and has a dj that plays music. Beautiful Atmosphere. Walking distance to beach, restaurants and stores.

Great Vacation. Great Hotel Choice.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

If I had to critique anything it would be the taxi vans that were readily available outside the hotel and airport that charged sometimes 3x as much as Uber. We used them to get to the hotel from the airport but used Uber the rest of the trip. Eventhough we had to walk a ways from.the hotel to get a ride. The linen was a bit dingy, the Wi-Fi was a bit iffy and not enough working channels on the television. They advertised having some premium channels but they never worked.

Our stay was great. Lovely hotel with something to do for everyone. Especially enjoyed the Happy Hour Reception every night. There were drinks and snacks for the young and old. Close to attractions and walking distance to a CVS and restaurants.10 minute Uber ride to Condado Beach and also a short ride to Old San Juan. Overall a great choice and I would recommend as well as visit again.

The hotel was nice. However, after all of the fees - I would expect this to be much more luxurious.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - High Floor

There are A LOT of hidden fees with this resort. Not explained upon booking. 13% - Suite Tax 18% - Hotel Fee Easily add $100 per night to your expected rate.

Clean rooms. Large property that is well run

Overall good
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - High Floor

room was not ready at check in, we had to wait about 20 min, when we got to the room it was not cleaned very well; they rushed to get it ready. left someone else's soap on the soap dish...eww....

complimentary breakfast was amazing; a lot of food, seating was sufficient, lines went fast, there is a tourist booking office right in the hotel so you can book trips to areas such as el yunque

Great experience
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

There was nothing to not like about it.

The location and also the concept of having an interior garden with two restaurants surrounding the garden. They also have a game room amd a kid's pool.

Everyday breakfast buffet included and happy hour with free...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

No in room movie rent, channel selection on tv is poor.

Everyday breakfast buffet included and happy hour with free drinks from 5:20pm to 7:30pm also everyday. Nice cordial atmosphere. Withing walking distance to fast food outlets and restaurants.

I loved the breakfast & cocktail hour.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

When I checked in the older gentleman at the front desk did not tell me that we are entitled to free umbrella & chairs on the beach so we ended up paying close to $30 just to rent some, so we decided to purchase some for the rest of the trip so we weren't renting each day. That was an extra expense that we didn't need to pay. Front desk can do a better job of explaining amenities.

I loved the breakfast & cocktail hour. It's nice that there are 3 restaurants on premises. Location to the beach was 3 blocks. CVS was nearby for any needs and the hotel is beautiful, it makes you feel you are outside. Pool area was beautiful too!

I didn't like how I had booked on booking and put 4...
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

I didn't like how I had booked on booking and put 4 people on reservations and I got quoted one price and when I got there it was a different price. That was very disappointing. Other than that it was a great trip

Not what I expected from Embassy Suites.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Overcrowded, long lines for breakfast and happy hour, loud, unclean pool, not thorough cleaning of room daily, high price of parking.

Everything was fair and less than we expected.

Convenient, Carefee and Culture-Enriched
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - High Floor

The breakfast lines were CRAZY and could have been more organized. Would like a change in variety of the foods offered. Same with the snacks provided during the cocktail hour.

The location was PERFECT. Walking distance to the beach, shopping (a SUPER convenient grocery store and CVS pharmacy) and authentic Puerto Rican cuisine. Loved that the hotel had the convenience of beach chairs, towels and umbrellas at the beach. Nice to have self-serve laundry facilities inside the hotel. Cocktail hours were a nice way to start off the evening. The children loved that they were included by accommodating them with free reign of soda and snacks. LOVED the popcorn.

My family adventure
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - High Floor

We had to wait a long time just to register; somehow my brother's name was on my booking. Don't know how this happened. Was really worried that we had came all that way and wouldn't have anywhere to stay

The bed was very comfortable, enjoyed the free breakfast with fresh fruit; although, the lines were long. Nice restaurant with good food and good prices. Casino was fun. The beach was short distance from hotel. Grandkids enjoyed the pool and wanted to stay longer

SJU 80th Birthday Crew 19 had excellent stay at Embassy Suites
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - High Floor

Hotel staff had said because I went thru booking buddy they were not sure my HHONORS points would be awarded. I addressed with staff and hope it is corrected. If not I'll never use booking buddy Again. We had 4 rooms for 5 nights. The booking buddy site seemed to indicate no cancellation policy and No free breakfast for one of our reservations. We called the hotel and they assured us that was not their policy.

Breakfast was good and plentiful but long lines for this and mangers reception -- both worth the short waits. Rooms cleaned well, housekeeping staff was very helpful with multiple requests for extra towels and blankets. Concierge helped with Restaurants (local flare), excursions, mapped our outings to El Yuque (Rainforest) and Old San Juan. Live DJ music around nice large pool Sunday night. 19 of us and its was good for all...walking distance from the beach!!! Embassy guest get free towels, chairs and umbrellas yet another perk!!!

Stay here and you will never choose another hotel!!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

Everything was perfect from the bar poolside to the breakfast buffet the free happy hour. The absolute best hotel for your buck! Excellent get away! The staff at the front desk was amazing offered way more than we expected from suggesting night spots to go to all the way to things to do during the day. The housekeepers were very friendly and helpful as well!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

The location to the airport and beach
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

Taxi driver wanting to fight my Uber driver I think management needs to get involve with settling that issue in and around the property

The location to the airport and beach

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

The vacation site was wonderful, close to the beach, lots of shops etc.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

I left quickly for the airport and when I looked at the bill I was charged 169 a night yet you booked me for less. I am not happy about this and I have contacted my credit card company. It was 169 in addition to other fees. Please contact me to help with this matter!

The place was very clean, the staff were great! The breakfast was excellent.

The free drinks in the evening were a plus.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - High Floor

Really really long lines for breakfast.. Didnt like that on saturday other people could buy pool passes to swim in pool(my daughters shoes were stolen from our table where our other thing's were) ...made it extremely over crowded in pool area even though its a large pool are

The free drinks in the evening were a plus..free drinks (alcohol)for 2 hours in lobby.. You get 2 at a time..but the lines get REALLY long but the hotel accommodates for ALOT of people.. Easy walking access to beach restaurant stores etc. And the hotel has a spot set up on beach for guests of hotel to have towels chairs and umbrellas for no extra charge..

Beautiful place
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - High Floor

Noise cancellation in the room

Property is gorgeous, luxurious. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Breakfast had variety and it was delicious. Food area was so pretty.

Loud family disco resort
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Overall, this hotel was not like other Embassy properties. This one was a loud family resort. They constantly ( 5.30pm-8.15.pm) played extremely loud disco music at the atrium and pool which became unbearable. You could hear it even in your suite. Reception was OK, no help with bags, luck of usual hotel, tourist information, booklets. Breakfast was OK with huge ( about 30 minutes) cook to order breakfast lines. Located in the hotel Outback Steakhouse definitely did not meet the standards of the chain: service was slow, sloppy and the food was not good. Another hotel restaurant El Patio Latin Bar Cafe was much better , good service and food. Pool was overcrowded and very dirty with big chunks of hair and other dirt in the water.

Suite was comfortable and clean. I liked the location- short walking distance to the beach, restaurants, shops. Clean and beautiful beach area.Good service at the beach.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Second Time Around
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

My last stay was two months ago. I gave an excellent rating. Plan to return to Puerto Rico in 2 more months. Have cancelled my reservations at Embassy Suite. Will not return. Have booked another hotel in area which offers more amenities --5 restaurants on site. Embassy Suites rates are so high in July 2017 with taxes not included that I decided to stay at a luxury hotel with ocean view for same money. Outback Restaurant is a well known franchise. Two months ago, food excellent. This visit both meals were gross. Filet mignon could have been a weapon. How can you mess up mashed potatoes and a salad??? I complained to restaurant manager and returned food--no refund on take out salad. Complained to hotel manager about rates. Embassy Suites is a family hotel for kids. Not just the pool, but one toilet seat fits all. Close to the ground. My husband is 6'5". I am 77 1/2 years old. Embassy Suites charged my card before I arrived at facility.

Free Happy Hour with snacks, music. Excellent breakfast buffet. The Patio restaurant on site has very good food, great prices. Taxi assistance at facility.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

A little pricey for what you get.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

The staff was very disorganized for the check-in, check-out process. The beds were extremely hard and uncomfortable. Besides the casino, there's really nothing to do in the hotel, and we had to leave in order to explore nightlife.

I liked the breakfast and happy hour at the hotel. The room was modern and everything was in working order.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Good location but be aware of the hidden infos
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

They said free breakfast but its a war zone Very poor on choices and flavor and to have something à Lil better u must stand in à tick line before 9.30am it wasnt vacation Easy anymore... We Had à major flooding in the room Nothing Was done and to top it all booking. Com said 1200 for the entire stay it came out to over 2100 Thats à bit much for 5nights and type of hôtel.

The best thing about this hôtel is the location it is surrounded by Many fast food supermarket walgreens etc, the staff is Alright as well

everything was awesome and help that they would give you was...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

breakfast could have had a little more choices ex. biscuit and gravy

everything was awesome and help that they would give you was excellent as well as the advise from front desk and velvet crew

Was okay.

No other concern!

I feel if a taurus stays in your hotel and they have a rental car they should not have to pay daily parking should be part of package. What didn't like.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Just Amazing!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds - High Floor

Can't really say there was anything bad it was just grrrreat!

I enjoyed everything at this place. It was an amazing resort and I would recommend anyone to it.. it's a great place for all from adults to kids.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Nice staying.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Charging hotel guests for parking! That's so bad. I never sow that before. I would understand to charge visitors ( for casino or restaurant) but for house guests who's staying for more nights...very bad and nonsense.

Swimming pool, couple of restaurants inside of property.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

The Place to Stay in San Juan!!!

I liked Everything!!

EVERYTHING and EVERYONE! Our maid Nereida was wonderful. She was always cheerful and very attentive. Cesar, Luis, Belinda and Yirdi at the casino bar were the BEST. The customer service was so wonderful. Everyone at the Embassy Suite from the our check in, Pool Bar to Breakfast, Happy Hour were so wonderful. We enjoyed our stay and will be returning to San Juan and this will be our place to stay.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Embassy Suite Excelente!!! I highly recommend
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

The service in casino was my only complaint! It took more than 20 minutes to get a drink when you order whike playing at casino otherwisr everything else was wondeful!

Staff friendly very accommodating and helpful! They were so helpful I would recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family and plan on staying there on my next visit to PR!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Best place to stay in San Juan!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The parking could of been less money.

The hotel was anazing! Complimentary hot or cold breakfast, cocktails, soft drinks & snacks every evening. Free Wifi, a casino and live band on the weekend. A pool with a waterfall. About 15 minutes from the airport. The beach is 3 blocks away and you can walk to Burger King, Wendys, Chili's. This is the place to stay if your visiting San Juan.

You should stay here
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

It was awesome. Nothing negative to say.

Friendly and helpful staff. Clean and affordable suites. Nice complimentary happy hour for 2 hours in the evenings.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Sun and sea and
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

I forgot that hotels in the islands often have windows that don't open which I dislike. No ventilation in bathroom. Expected there would be some information literature about hotel and surrounding area. Wi fi was out some of the time.

Location, walk to beach. Roomy. Good staff.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Perfect San Juan Hotel!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

We had a party of 10 adult family members meeting prior to a cruise and the facilities were excellent. Happy hour, made to order breakfast, large lounge area, casino and beautifully decorated entry area made it perfect! We walked to the beach, which is only about five blocks from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

So beautiful I will come back again.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - High Floor

I have nothing bad to say. Everything was so nice.

I liked everything the pool at night look so beautiful I also loved the music that was played from morning to night.

Aisha, Front Desk Representative, made our stay at Embassy Suites comfortable and accommodating!

Actually, nothing.

The best part of our experience was the help, care and attention received. Aisha at the Front Desk was exceptionally helpful, caring and attentive to our needs. She is the best representative for Embassy Suites, an outstanding asset to your corporation! Thank you, Aisha! You made our stay so very comfortable and accommodating. JanMabasa

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Awesome Way to Unwind for Business
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Everything! Greeter as we arrived in taxi. Courtesy of staff. Happy hour, very early breakfast, Outback's, Patio--great food choices, and most of all the cleanliness of room and view of pool and highway. Close room to elevator, availability of v taxis.

Great hotel
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Parking was a hassle, we had trouble every time we took the car out.

Hotel was clean, people were friendly, pool and hot tub were clean and nice. Happy hour was great!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Awesome
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The laundry room...machines were not working. ..

How professional every staff was and their hospitality. ..Also how good English they spoke...How they facilitate everything for you transportation etc.. Great stayed see you next time...

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

A very average hotel but clean and okay for the value
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The beach was a few blocks away. There is a hotel employee there who passes out small towels and chairs for guests. This was fine until the last of our three days when he said all of the chairs he had left were broken. There was a stack of 20 so we laid on our mining towels on the sand with the blowing sand whipping across our faces. The beach employee left for a 2 hour lunch break and told us maybe someone would get up while he was gone. If in fact the chairs are broken the hotel needs to fix this, we have no problem laying in the sand but not on a half size towel and not with the windy beaches of Puerto Rico where the sand is blinding.

The rooms were large and comfortable

Beware of bait and switch scam! You don't get a suite you get a "Super 8" room.
    • Studio with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My room was a "studio" and not a "suite". Embassy website says every room is a suite. Bait and switch scam. Very unhappy. Finally clerk change us to a suite but blamed booking.com

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Pre cruise with perks.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

We liked the location, close enough to the beach, restaraunts and a large food store. We enjoyed the happy hour and breakfast. The staff was friendly. Great stay before a cruise.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Perfect place to stay!!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was great!! Made to order omelette, fried eggs, bacon and also had scrambled eggs, sausage, French toast, fruit, oatmeal, cereal and Puerto Rican coffee!!! Pool was nice, happy hour nice, Outback was great too!

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Weekend value
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Carpets in hall ways were so worn and dirty. Made me feel like in a bad hotel, but rooms were clean. Need to tear up and keep it w tile.

Rate compares to other hotels in area. Happy hour from 530-730 was great. Outback steak house was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Great Value
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Bed was a bit lopsided - had trouble sleeping. Honestly this was my only gripe, but it was a big one :-/

Love the suite with 55" tv and large bathroom. Free happy hour from 5p - 7p. Love that there was a Casino on sight. Good breakfast offering. Nice - but busy - pool area. Great location. Took advantage of El Yunque Tour offered by Tour Concierge. Amazing experience.

Birthday Celebration with Family
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The mattress was too hard and firm for me. Housekeeping was great when they added another mattress pad to help soften the mattress and that helped a lot to make it more comfortable.

I loved the great variety at breakfast especially the french toast.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Nice would stay again
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Hard to get to highway was confusing. Did not use the pool but was charged resort fee any way.

Nice clean close to airport. On site restaurants and free breakfast and happy hour.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Watch for hidden costs, front desk staff could do with some customer training.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Front desk staff during check-in did not make us feel welcome - just arrived first time to Puerto Rico and was disappointed with the lack of reception. In other nice hotels, a typical reception would be "Welcome to --, we hope you enjoy your stay with us.... let us know if we can be of any assistance...." Had to call twice late evening to fix water leak problem from higher floor. Moved us to another suite which had very strong detergent smell. When we checked out, front desk staff didn't ask how our stay was. Rather disappointing. They gave us no reason to come back to this hotel. Look out for the extra fees - taxes/resort. Added up to around $50 extra dollars per night (USD). So what at first looked like a reasonable price of $150 per night amounted to over US 200 per night. The suite was comfortable. Nice big TV in living room and smaller TV in bedroom. Don't expect too much from the kitchen. Only a microwave and tiny fridge. No plates, cutlery, nothing.

Breakfast/kitchen staff were very nice. Cooked breakfast was great. Almost like the cruise ship. Pool/beach staff were very nice.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Very enjoyable experience overall!!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

We wish the pool was warmer. It was so chilly to get in at first and thought it would be a heated pool. The pillows were kind of lumpy.

The breakfast every day was fantastic!! And the staff was really great. The hotel pool was very nice and we loved the kids area. The room was nice, clean, and spacious. The appetizers and drinks were great in the evening as well.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Great Hotel..Great Breakfast & Casino
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Front desk wasn't very friendly. He did find a room and we were allowed to check in early , but he didn't explain about using the card for the elevator or tell us about the amenities of the hotel

Free breakfast, Swimming area very nice, good restaurant choices,

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

poor service at embassy
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

Long lines for breakfast, because all of the non guess having breakfast. The friends and family of the employees were coming in to eat and drink every day.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Great Stay, Great Value
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Bath - Non-Smoking

This location is near several fast food restaurants (wendys, Pizza Hut, Burger King) which isn't ideal if you're looking for other food options. Great area for leisure beach and family time but not great if you're interested in fun at night, such as going to a club, which is about 15 minutes away.

Prior to my arrival to the hotel, I received a text from the staff welcoming me and giving me a contact name to use during my stay for any questions/concerns/requests. The entire staff was professional yet personable during my stay. The daily cocktail time is Awesome and is included in your stay! Great location to the beach! Just 2 short blocks away.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Nice. Would recommend.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Bath - Non-Smoking

No fault of the hotel, but there was a large group of college students there for a competition and were, well, college kids - having fun, loud, etc. Is what it is.

Room was well appointed, spacious and clean. Staff were very accommodating and helpful. Were responsive to our needs and questions. We were even able to check-in early - not expected, but greatly appreciated! Close to the airport, but not much else. Two blocks from the Beach! That was nice, but to check out any more popular areas you'll need to catch a cab or Uber.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

We will stay there again
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The service at the Outback with poor but that has nothing to do with your hotel

It was a very nice hotel everything was very clean the breakfast is great

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Good jumping off point while waiting for cruise
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

We needed some extra bedding. It took almost an hour for them to deliver it.

Great breakfast buffet and free happy hour. Close to airport. With indoor courtyard, it was much quieter than I thought it would be.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Medic Shan
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

I like the Embassy Hotel & Casino in PR so much that I've been here 3 times this year. The entire hotel, staff, location & perks are excellent. I'll be back in April. Shan

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Great valued hotel with excellent location
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Walls too thin and could use better insulation so that you didn't have to listen to your neighbor snore all night. AC unit very noisy. Hotel looks and feels dated.

Location was great! steps to everything. Beach was 5mins walking. There is chairs and umbrellas for hotel guests. Happy Hour and breakfast was super amazing. Pool was nice too.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Over priced for what was given.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The 5:30 - 7:30 snacks weren't very good at all. Expected more. Breakfast fair, at best.

The bed was very comfortable. Within walking distance to beach. Outstanding pool area.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

A Weekend @ Embassy Suites San Juan
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Microwave wasn't replaced after use, left a burnt foul smell in room, one remote for two TVs, bottom view from window was unappealing.

The breakfast,comfy bed,pool area are good,spacey room and very friendly staff. Received a discount off for my inconvenience.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Great hotel but be prepared for the added resort tax.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The resort tax was added automatically and we thought it was an extra if we required what it offered, which we didn't, but still got charged. Our bill was much more than we had budgeted for due to this. The area wasn't quite as nice as I thought it would be.

Great hotel, lovely spacious, comfortable room. Free breakfast and happy hour drinks were an added bonus. We were able to have an early checkin and late checkout which was much appreciated.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

A paradise with that fullfills your every need.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Two Double Beds

I cannot think of anything.

Everything was outstanding right down to the taxi service, the walk to the beach and the food. For the time I was there, I felt at home. Excellent services from everyone.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Basking in paradise
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Very minor complaint but the milk at breakfast was lukewarm every day. Otherwise breakfast good.

Loved the main floor. With the whole roof a skylight and all the beautiful plants and bird/frog sounds it felt like being outside! Lovely! Happy hour with free drinks was outstanding!