Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan 3 stars

6530 Isla Verde Avenue, 00979 San Juan, Puerto Rico

#10 of 49 hotels in San Juan

When Issues Arise, Customer Pays

Check-in was a nightmare. Complete breakdown in communication between Booking.com and Hampton that resulted in additional room charge. I travel 50% out of the year and issues between 3rd party booking sites and direct properties are becoming problematic. As a business traveler, last thing you need to deal with are accounting issues. Waiting an hour to check-in after long day of travel puts a damper on an otherwise potentially good stay. I felt the Hampton staff just really couldn't be bothered.

Location and breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We went with my family. The hotel and staff was nice. They have excellent breakfast and cool happy hour on weekend. We have great moment in family.

Location and breakfast

Awesome
    • Suite with Two Double Suites

The property was very beautiful and clean. Breakfast was available and everything was delicious. The pool and jacuzzi was awesome and happy hour let's just say tou leave happy.

Very nice but the price shock at the end was not pleasant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accesible

The fees were higher than quoted by booking. With taxes and the resort fee it was almost $100 high and that was really bad! Front desk said they couldn't do anything about the required fees so I'll be filing an official complaint with booking.

Very comfortable. Front desk was great working to get us in quickly even though we were ahead of check in time. Coffee was always fresh and hot. Room was clean and comfortable. Pool was wonderful and we highly recommend a burger from the grill by the pool.

The staff was super friendly and helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accesible

The staff was super friendly and helpful. Breakfast had a lot of options. The rooms were just outdated and although we had a fine time, it was not worth what we paid for the room.

Great hotel.. been there before.. will be there again..
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Mobility/Hearing Accesible With Tub - Non Smoking

Only bad thing but it's manageable is the proximity to airport with the planes taking off noise.. not to loud.. only when in pool area it could be talking to someone but it is not to bad for me..

Pool.. pool bar.. breakfast.. cleanliness.. sitting area.. eating area.. parking..

Comfy bed and a/c after a hurricane.

Comfy bed and a/c after a hurricane. The room was nice, even though we did not get a nice view, but really didn't care, we needed to rest. We liked the happy hour and breakfast, and the facilities were nice, too. Staff at the pool bar and front desk were very nice, thanks.

Would definitely stay there again, and highly recommend it.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accesible

They had just been affected by Hurricane Irma and had no electricity. They handled this very professionally, explaining everything and making us as comfortable as possible. What a wonderful staff!

Jorge made our stay that much better!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the hotel was amazing! jorge helped us out alot during our stay! told us were we should go what areas to see, gave us the inside scoop for the local spots! he was amazing. loved the happy hour special they did pool side. Location was good very close to the airport which is a catch 22, but everything was very close. would recommened getting a rental car to see the sights !

It was a very nice and clean hotel. Employees were extremely nice and helpful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Trees blocking view they we right at the window. The shower facet was dripping and I had to spend 2-3 minutes trying to get it to stop or be as low as possible.

My stay was accommodating and relaxing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The scent in the room, it was a strong smell of some kind of herb. Maybe try a different scent. The debris constantly flying into the pool .Cleaning out debris periodically will definitely help.

Breakfast was awesome! Many delicious options, kids loved it!

Restful, comfortable and fun.

I had no dislikes.

The bed was really comfortable. The staff was nice and the free breakfast was delicious. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. There is a really good restaurant right across the street so we didn't even have to get a taxi to go out for dinner.

Best part of my summer 2017 😊

I just want to say I loved this hotel. All the staff were nice, friendly and very helpful. I enjoyed being at the hotel and there was always something to do. They had happy hour everyday with free drinks and snacks and the pool, bar and grill was a plus. I plan on going back and staying at the happen again.

Everything was close and convenient for our stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing ever was perfect..

I loved the staff they were so friendly and made me and my friends feel so welcomed. The breakfast was amazingly delicious. The room was clean and smelled great! They had happy hour with free drinks from 5-7pm which was fun!!! They accommodate us in every way to make our vacation the best we've EVER had. Hampton San Juan will forever be my travel location. They also speak perfect English which was very helpful. They have restaurants right across the street which is very convenient. They provide beach chairs also... I loved my stay!

Gave overall feeling of being dirty and unsanitary.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room smelled of mildew. Was given Febreze. Bed linens and towels were dingy. Rooms need to be redecorated. Pool was small.

There is an outdoor shower to rinse off the sand from the beach.

Overall it was a great stay. I'll stay there again.

The breakfast was ok. I didnt like that all the egg dishes had cheese. Not everyone eats cheese. There wasnt any bacon on the days I stayed so my last day I ate outside the hotel.

Excellent hotel. Would stay again. Plenty of staff at the front desk to help.

Some mold in the shower area in the grout. Would have liked the hot tub by the pool to have jets/bubbles.

That the staff gave us a choice of rooms. Breakfast had a lot of options and everything was full.

Just what's needed for a visit to the island in a super convenient location.

Plane noise from nearby airport takes some getting used to.

Great hot breakfast options. Convenient to the airport. Nice pool and jacuzzi and the free happy hour is a great start to the night. 5 minute walk from the beach.

Breakfast was included in room rate (the only hotel on our...
    • King Suite

Sadly located near the airport, so staying in the pool area can be quite noisy.

Breakfast was included in room rate (the only hotel on our complete stay on Puerto Rico offering that!). Very clean, a lot of space and good equipment (suite booked!) Restaurants nearby. Perfect stay if you want to depart the next day (Taxi to airport ~15$). If you want to send postcards - they sell stamps and offer a mailbox! :)

Family @ H
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Its business oriented. Not for relax or vacation.

Front desk staff upset. Breakfast same all mornings. Positive, the gym, and coffee 24/7 available for free.

I had an accident, and had to go to emergency room in the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I had an accident, and had to go to emergency room in the middle of the night. They wanted my wife yo fill out a report in the middle of the night. It could have weighted until morning.

It's always a pleasure staying at the Hampton Inn
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There's really nothing I didn't like about this property, that's why we always stay there.

Everything. It's a clean, beautiful property perfectly located to the beach, stores and restaurants. The staff is awesome, very attentive and friendly.

Great hotel stay!!

Not a big deal, but maybe they could have a gulf cart ride/ shuttle to the beach.

Hotel was very clean and modern. We met Jorge at the front desk upon arrival. He went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable. I really enjoyed the breakfast!! Waffle maker, toppings, eggs, bagels, etc and the passion fruit mix juice was the best. Abraham was especially helpful in the food dept. Our rooms were cleaned thoroughly daily, every thing was great!! Loved the happy hours and snacks by the pool. There are tons of restaurants within walking distance. The beach is about a five minute walk, the hotel lends you coolers and chairs- which were very nice. Close to Old San Juan, Rainforest, and other attractions. Lastly, loved the coqui!! We even saw several in front of the hotel that serenaded us nightly. Will definitely return!!

Hotel was very nice... some of clientele at my stayed not so much
    • King Suite

The pool bar was not good...limited. The drinks were unappeling and tasteless. The pool area was out of control too many kids running around. At one point there was a bunch of unpleasant Locals at the pool... Some of the clientele staying at the hotel were pretty loud.. A lot of running and yelling in hall and rooms... no consideration for others.

Breakfast was adequated. The hotel very nice and clean, lovely suite and laundry room a plus! Best location.. Lots of restaurants around....Beautiful beach across the street. Very nice customer service!

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Any service we needed they came immediately.

We didn't stay longer.

Any service we needed they came immediately. Room was perfect for the 5 of us. The bar at the hotel had the best drinks... and happy hour (free food and drinks) from 5-7 you don't want to miss. We really enjoyed our stay. We're coming back.

Great stay....

Live in Isabela and stayed overnight in Isla Verde as I had an early flight out. I've been at the Hampton Inn before but for some reason I liked this stay so much more. Staff was excellent, room and hotel was really clean. Bed was awesome. Liked the bathroom setting. This time I had breakfast... more than I expected. Would definitely stay again.

Great treatment!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I have nothing bad to say.

I loved everything! The bed was really nice, the breakfast delicious but the best part was the attention of all the staff. Everybody was very nice, helpful and polite.

Great family hotel

It was within walking distance to many stores, restaurants and the beach. . There is a gentleman there named Miguel who was phenomenal at his job and went out of his way to explain places to log which made for a fantastic day !

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Accommodating staff and heavenly beds.
    • Suite with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Sleeping area a bit tight. Hint of foul odor in rug, however once I informed the front desk I was promptly moved to another room.

Comfort of bed and bedding was heavenly. Staff was very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Great VayStay!!

Id have to say what I liked less about our stay was we felt there were bugs in our room or our bed. We would wake up with bites itchy. We figured it was just from being out on the beach and walking around but seemed non excitant until we woke up and had more..?

The breakfast was awesome, being changed out every day kept me wanting to wake up more to enjoy it. Coffee was great and staff were so friendly and helpful. The swim up bar was fun! Everything on the island was a little pricy but not to bad. Our room had a King bed and we found ourselves napping as much as possible. It was very comfy. My boyfriend and I had a great time and look forward to finding another Hamptons Inn and Suites soon!

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

It was great I will stay over in over again very nice place...

I loved everything I didn't like that I had to go home 😂😂😂

It was great I will stay over in over again very nice place front desk are the best they make you feel like you at home

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Perfect stop between planes.

Resort surcharges...someone's idea of how to charge more.

The breakfast buffet was big and completely ready when we arrived at 6:00 am. We had to leave for the airport at 6:30.

Doing business was a pleasure at Hampton Inn

Not enough pillows on the beds or you need to replace the current pillows with more firm pillows.

Loved that breakfast was included as well as afternoon snacks.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

This has been our go to hotel when going to San Juan.
    • Suite with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

This has been our go to hotel when going to San Juan. Easy to get to from the airport and easy to get to the cruise ships! Always a delight to stay here!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Nice beaches a couples of minutes walk and restaurant at the...

High noise from airplane when they takeoff, when you spend some time in the pool area

Nice beaches a couples of minutes walk and restaurant at the road outside the hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Great service & location

Pool area a little noisy at times due to closeness of airport, but not affected by noise at night.

Exceptional staff who were extremely helpful, friendly & polite. Spotless room with good facilities & comfy beds. 5 mins walk from beach & plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Weekend getaway
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Access to the beach was not easy. No restaurant onsite so a rental car was definitely needed.

Breakfast was good and the free happy hour was a great bonus.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Great hotel with everything you could want

Nothing. We loved it. Would happily stay again and would highly recommend it.

Everything. Room was spacious, very comfortable and had everything we needed. Good bathroom and shower and accessories. Good food - great breakfast and excellent food from pool bar. Great pool and seating areas. Pleasant and helpful staff. Happy hour with snacks was great and free snack pack 'to go' on weekday mornings.

Great time!!

It's expensive.

I like the service; everything that we asked we received an answer in short time. Also, the variation of the breakfast was awesome!

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Helpful reception staff but overpriced.
    • King Suite

Runway noise especially when around the pool. No safe in room as stated. Poor breakfast paper plates and plastic knives and forks. Reconstituted scrambled egg. Reasonable restaurant Platos across the road. Had to pay US41 in taxes even though we had prepaid

5 minutes from the beach. Reception staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Great place, close to airport and beach.
    • King Suite

The breakfast variety was poor and could have been better for a family hotel.

The bed was comfy and the suite was spacious. The 2 hour managers special cocktail every evening is good and brings everyone in the hotel together.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Short walk to the beach.

No microwave in all rooms and birds that come out in the evening.

Short walk to the beach. The breakfast had different hot selections daily, pool area and jacuzzi, staff, room and daily evening snack. Overall the hotel was wonderfull and we enjoyed our stay.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Nice hotel, friendly staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was comfortable, the pool area was nice. The free drinks and apps at happy hour were a bonus. The staff was friendly and helpful. It was close to restaurants and stores and a quick taxi ride to the port.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Hampton was great --- your service not so good

I reserved for three rooms but in calling Hampton they only got two from you. When I called you back to get it confirmed for three I was put on hold for over 20 minutes. Not good!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Nice breakfast, good location for catching a flight, friendly staff, great overall!

The beds were ok, not the best, would have preferred something a bit more firm.

Perfect location for catching a flight. Nice breakfast. Planes overhead very noisy when you are sitting outside. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Great place to stay.

Nothing. All good. You just have to accept the noise of the planes nearby, but you get used to that and no problem at night sleeping.

Such a comfortable bed. Large room, good bathroom, very clean. Good bathroom accessories, plus water in fridge and coffee making machine. Rooms have fridge, suites have fridge and microwave. Small shop in lobby, covers most needs. Happy hour each day except Sunday with free drinks and snacks, free pastries on Sunday evening and free packed meal at desk each weekday morning with apple, crisps and water. Food at pool grill bar excellent, especially burgers and steak. Reasonable price compared to centre of San Juan. Taxi $20 into centre, bus outside 0.75 cents! Pool great. Helpful staff on reception.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Great Value...Nice Perks
    • Suite with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accessible

Very good stay with my wife and three daughters. Helpful staff. Good location. Close to food and the beach. Breakfast was good and consisted of a good variety of items: eggs, breakfast meat, waffles, fruit, cereal, coffee. Daily (except Sunday) Manager Happy Hour from 5:00 to 7:00 with free drinks and snacks was a nice surprise.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

The breakfast was varied and good.

Getting a taxi to the airport in the morning was a bit more of a problem than I expected. Also, I was looking forward to relaxing with the "happy hour", but was staying on Sunday, the only day not available. Did not see that on your website.

The breakfast was varied and good. The room was a good size, and comfortable. It is close to the airport and a good option for a pre or post cruise night.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Hampton Inns, San Juan, Lovely but SURPRIZE

It is too bad that the service charge is so high, 19% is outrageous. I was shocked that it was an add-on written in small print when we booked. I was not expecting it and because it was high and not up front, I will think twice before re-booking. Which is too bad as I come to San Juan annually, and otherwise liked the Hampton

Many nice things: Staff, rooms comfortable, breakfast.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Beautiful Hotel, Excellent Location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Didn't like the double sized beds they were small. Queen sized beds would have been perfect for my family.

Location was great! Staff was friendly and helpful. Accommodations were very nice and the overall hotel was beautiful. Close to airport was a plus!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

I LOVE IT!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool had this little bugs (I know you guys clean it) but they always find there way in. I will love if you guys can find a way to put a heater in the pool so the kids can stay a lil bit more in the pool.

Love the bed, the rooms was quiet, the bathroom had hot water everytime, the staff was really sweet with us, the hotel was always clean, it always have caffe and hot chocolate, theres no limit in the breakfast jijij and the free drinks on fridays and saturdays :)

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

It was an okay stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool only stays open until 9pm. Our bathtub was flooded for a couple days before it was fixed and the room wasn't cleaned everyday.

The staff were very polite and welcoming. Free breakfast was also great.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

The free drinks by the pool were nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a masseuse on site but too many guests and I was not able to get a massage. Location is not great, too much noise from the airport.

The free drinks by the pool were nice. Beds were comfortable and air conditioning worked great. VERY close to the beach.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

The happy hour was very fun, even for non-drinkers.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was unhappy that I could not add this stay to my Hilton rewards points. I was told because I booked my two rooms through another website than Hilton I could not add on this stay. That was very disheartening since we always use Hilton hotels on business and leisure stays.

The happy hour was very fun, even for non-drinkers. The staff was very helpful with directions & getting a taxi. Breakfast was good. The pool & surrounding area was clean & very serene.

Lovely!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Such a great hotel. Happy hour was wonderful. Breakfast was perfect! Also to go bags every morning if you want to grab something and go.

The breakfast is good.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The space for a parking lot.

The breakfast is good.

All is beautiful i like Hampton

All is beautiful i like Hampton

Hotel price

Perfect staff

Goood
    • Suite with Two Double Suites

The feelback

Relaxing prior to cruise but after a long flight

Price

Staff

Good service and breakfast included.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Good service and breakfast included. Great location.

Excelente
    • King Room - Mobility/Hearing Accesible - Non Smoking

Was great.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Hearing Accesible

Does not have a restaurant, Friendly staff and always ready to help and answer your concerns. Free breakfast was always excelen.

Served its purpose prior to taking cruise vacation

Rooms are outdated.

Proximity to airport

Comfortable bed, good breakfast, great location, attentive...

Price.

Comfortable bed, good breakfast, great location, attentive and helpful staff.

Fabulous

More water available

Yes, the bed was amazingly comfy.

Everything was good

Friendly staff, clean room, good breakfast included, nice pool and shack to eat, service, service service..

The bed was like heaven and considering the hotel is right...

The bed was like heaven and considering the hotel is right next to the airport you couldn't hear a thing in the room.

great
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

n/a

cleanliness

Excellent Hotel

I liked everything.

The cleanliness of the rooms and facility is excellent. Staff is very friendly.

Always enjoy my time at the Hampton. Feel safe and well cared for.

A church group were singing loudly at 4 am. Lol

beds were fluffy.

Very pleasant

I loved the friendly staff. The complementary breakfast and the drinks and snacks by the pool. The atmosphere was very fun and relaxing.

Everything good

Best vacation ever

I will be going back. Awesome visit
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was nothing i didn't like.

Staff was very friendly. Breakfast selection very good.