Reviews of San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel 4 stars

2 Tartak Street, 00979 San Juan, Puerto Rico

#28 of 66 hotels in San Juan

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

My stay was Below Average.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

So the hotel was the pure definition of okay. Only thing that was good about the hotel was that it was walking distance to the beach. The food at the hotel was over priced crazy how you can walk down the street and find cheaper options. The main reason me and my girlfriend booked this hotel was for the roof bar. But the elevator takes so long and the food isnt good that we only went once. This hotel for its price honestly isnt worth it. One night after staying me and my girl friend had bug bites. I would not stay here the room are small and not even worth it better options i would suggest.

The best thing about this hotel was it was close to the beach.

One night stay before a cruise, great staff, comfy room with beautiful view of gorgeous beach.

No negative comments.

We booked several months back for 1 night prior to our cruise. On this trip we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. All the staff were wonderful including Valeria and Jean Nunez who greeted us on arrival. We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to an ocean front room on the seventh floor-what a beautiful view !!! The beach is phenomenal and having free beach chairs and an umbrella was a bonus. Did have an attendant come and ask if we wanted drinks or food on the beach, but as we were leaving shortly for the cruise we declined. However definitely a nice and convenient feature to have. Thanks again for accommodating us with a later check out and a delicious complementary breakfast. We will definitely return and hope to stay longer next time.

Great stay
    • King Room with Ocean Front

There wasn't anything we didn't like about it

Staff was excellent. Whatever we needed they were able to help us out. Very nice and would come back and stay again.

The property was a good location the beach was wonderful the...
    • King Room with Ocean Front

The room wasn’t fully clean the tv is not modern they need a little upgrade for the prices charged the bar should bring drinks to beach

The property was a good location the beach was wonderful the parking valet was attentive all employees had good manner except for the chubby short girl upstairs at the rooftop pool asking for her tip without giving us the chance to use our discretion to tip

It was a nice stay. I would definitely stay again.
    • King Room with City View

The windows were a little bit dirty and full of dust. The bathroom could’ve been a little bit cleaner also.

I love the decor and how close it was to the beach.

Will - never stay here again and do not reconnect !!! Trip advisor was a joke ..I will never listen
    • King Room with Ocean Front

Smelled - rust - windows dirty inside and out - tile shower gross dirty .. no balcony’s ...we checked out and went to Marriott after one night

I hated it ... we checked out after one night

Nice place to be right next to the beach
    • King Room with Ocean Front

First night room was next to elevator and it was very noisy (the elevator itself) Recommend asking for room that doesn't share a wall with the elevator shaft! They did move me.

Great location right on the sandy beach, nearby restaurants etc. Staff helpful and friendly, nice rooftop place to hang out when it was windy on the beach

Just okay, nothing spectacular.
    • King Room with City View

The “city view” described in our reservation was hardly a view at all. More like roof tops and an alley. It’s a good thing we were only there for a few hours to sleep or this would have been a problem. The room was set up in an awkward way with the bed in the middle of the room.

Nice beach location, but would not stay there again because of inadequate unsafe shower facility
    • King Room with Ocean Front

The shower was sub par. Water difficult to adjust, shower spray weak. No place to put your soap or shampoo. Very slippery shower floor. No place to grab on to avoid slipping.

Room, bed and view very nice. Breakfast good. All staff very nice.

Located right next to the beach, staff overall accomodating- would definitely return!
    • King Room with Ocean Front

The service in the hotel restaurants was very slow. Sat for a long time when done waiting for our check and ignored for long periods throughout meals. Would have to flag down someone to remind them of drink orders and missing food items. Also, while I enjoyed our room, we had a adjoining door with another room and you can hear everything, which can be awkward and frustrating when that hotel guest played guitar randomly very late (after midnight) and very early (before 7am). The hotel might want to consider reinforcing the doors or honestly filling in those doors so people have privacy.

How helpful the staff was on the beach! We had umbrellas and chair set up for us daily, and drinks delivered to us right on the beach! Our room was cleaned daily with no problem, and our view of the ocean was amazing!! The overall room was comfortable and while I didn’t love the blue lights there was enough lamps in the room to be able to turn them off.

Amazing beachfront hotel with accommodating staff
    • King Room with City View

We stayed during a weekend. So if you are not into partying and noise this hotel might not be for you.

Eveyone was accommodating. We traveled with an infant, and the staff made sure all of our needs were met.

The room was compact but good.

The room was compact but good. We needed two beds, so the space was a little tight. Still, we managed just fine for four nights and five days. The room itself was bright and clean. The beds were surprisingly comfortable. The bathroom was good. The view was fair but we weren't in the room long enough for it to matter. The rooftop bar was fun at night. The location of the hotel was great--a few steps out the front door and we were on the beach. We were minutes from the airport, too, but the flight noise wasn't noticeable. And the hotel was a short uber/taxi ride from other places we wanted to go. Convenient and good overall.

Rooms with Views
    • King Room with Ocean Front

There was nothing we didn't like about our stay.

The view from the ocean front rooms were great. The rooftop bar was one of our favorite location. Great staff all around. Very friendly and helpful.

Would definitely return.

Rooftop cocktails were a little on the weaker side for price and service wasn’t the fastest either.

Very cool, spa-like decor and feel. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful.

Great value for the price.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

The noise from hall, ceiling and neighboring rooms. An abutting rooms alarm went off at 5am- heard it! Then the heels of the above room began. I am a morning person so I was already awake but if I wanted to sleep in- not!

The roof bar/restaurant and the roof pool were terrific. Traveling alone having everything on site was great.

BED BUGS - STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE
    • King Room with City View

BED BUGS - STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE By a large margin the worst hotel I have ever stayed or heard of! Bathroom was leaking and flooded. Room was filthy dirty (I mean DIRTY to the point that if you step once on the floor you feet get black covered in disgusting dust/mud) and smelled really bad. When I tried to open the window, it almost literally fell off outside (not an exaggeration, the window almost came down). Bathroom extractor didn't work. Phone didn't work. I complained and they showed me several rooms to move to and all were equally bad. As if that wasn't enough, the absolute worst of all: BED BUG INFESTATION. I had to leave in the middle of the night after noticing my girlfriend and I were severely bitten while sleeping. We went to the hospital where we got a report proving that it was an extreme case of beg bug bites, and then spent the morning at the laundry washing all of the clothes from the luggage and heat drying it up trying to get rid of the bed bugs. Ruined my entire vacations. When I spoke to the manager about it and demanded a refund, he refused! He couldn't care less and all he would say is that *his own company* inspected the room and he never had that in 10 years. Insane! He also lied to my face and told me "I wanted a free upgrade and his staff had moved me to a better room" (OMG, I moved several times looking for a room that didn't STINK and that didn't have a FLOODED bathroom and windows falling out!). This place should be shut down immediately! Absolute madness. I have proof and I have pictures and I am suing the hotel. Expect to hear from me.

The views and rooftop pool was great.
    • King Room with City View

The bed sheets and pillow cases smelt bad. They were not dried properly. It stunk out the whole room and was worse when we tried to sleep. We had a note on the bed for the sheets to get changed but they still smelt the same.

The views and rooftop pool was great. Helpful staff

Lovely stay but could do SO much better elsewhere
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

We stayed in a Partial Ocean View / King Size room. We all know that "partial" means "if you peek in the right direction, you may see some ocean" so that was no surprise. The room was exceedingly small with no lounging area, NOT EVEN 2 COMFY CHAIRS and a small table for my husband and I to sit together. The bed takes over the entire room. There is not a real place to store your clothes. The room was equipped with a closet rod mounted above the coffee station with a curtain hanging in front of it so you could either A) make coffee, or B) select and hang your clothes. You couldn't do both at the same time. There were 1 1/2 "mini" drawers built into the cabinet below the coffee station/closet. I hope you don't plan to stay for more than one night because this room is not for you. My husband I stayed for 7 nights and lived out of our suitcases. Which is okay, we survived, but I wish someone had told me beforehand what to expect because I would have chosen a different hotel. We didn't get the Groupon rate (Ocean View) I learned about after purchasing our reservation, we didn't get the free breakfast ($28) and $100 food bonus that you get for booking directly from them, so overall, my booking.com rate did not save me anything after doing the math. The design ideas in the hotel are cute and different, like "boutique" hotels tend to do, but it already looks dated to me, with poor craftsmanship in the construction and over-warn , overused furnishings that are past their prime and need to be replaced and updated.

The rooftop /lounge is really lovely. The proximity to the beach is perfect. The staff are general very good. This is predominantly couples and adults. I didn't see any children there in 1 week I stayed. For me this was a bonus and what my husband and I were looking for.

Relaxing
    • King Room with City View

Drinks, overly food could have been better on site at the hotel

Good breakfast, good air conditioning, waiter Omar excellent, housekeeping staff' Sofia un particular very good.

Good restaurants.
    • King Room with City View

Good restaurants. Nice beach. Loved the service. Had a fire alarm which was weird. Elevator was slow and warm. We loved the pampering of a full service facility.

There was no value in staying at this hotel. No wonder they were advertising on Groupon.
    • King Room with City View

Here was no ventilation in the room. The bathroom window was stuck. The moisture from the shower made the whole room damp. All of my travel docs were wet. There was a small closet over a cabinet w/a safe, coffee maker , iron/board.

The bed was comfortable.

• King Room with City View

The only 2 complaint we have was One, the iced machine wasn't working on the 7th floor. The second was, we had an issued with Uber not picking up infront of the lobby, because the taxi cabs you guys have, a policy you don't allow it. Very inconvenienced for us since it started to rain heavily.🤤😣😣

Cleanliness, brightness, service was great, the view to the ocean, one step to the ocean and closed by shopping stores.

View was amazing, staff super friendly, location was great
    • King Room with City View

The pillows were terrible. Very, very flat & uncomfortable. The mattress seemed old. Blue lighting in the room was not necessary, we kept it turned off the whole time.

View was amazing, staff super friendly, location was great

Best beach-front-stay for the money.
    • King Room with City View

The staff customer service was inconsistent and the food in the lobby cafe could have been better.

The views from the rooftop lounge and pool were spectacular and the beautiful beach out the front lobby door was not only convenient but incredibly clean and inviting. I especially like how the hotel staff set up an umbrella, lounge chairs and beach towels just for us and a server occasionally came around to take orders for food and drink.

Disappointed City View and Stay
    • King Room with City View

I feel like the property more than embellished a little with their pictures of the rooms and overall description of the rooms. The rooms are small and my city view was of the building next door. Housekeeping encouraged guess to reuse towels and bedding from The day/night before. I'm just not used to that at other hotels. The food and beverages are terribly over priced and there really isn't any variety as far as food at the roof top restaurant just finger foods for the most part. The hotel attempts to give a modern chic atmosphere but would be better off if they focused on providing quality customer service and comfort for their guest.

I like that the property was only a few steps from the beach and that the property offered beach chairs and towels.

Beautiful beach !
    • King Room with Ocean Front

Couldn't get the right temperature of water when taking a shower. It was either to hot or too cold. Front door to room didn't close properly. Found the trick to it after 5min playing with door knob.

Beautiful beach !!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Awesome experience and beautiful island!!
    • King Room with City View

The only thing about I didn't like was the bathroom reeks of sewage odor. We had to shut the bathroom door at all times. When it comes to alcoholic beverages, they weren't as strong as expected on their menu. Prices were outrageous! Food at the rooftop bar wasn't any special!

The location was great. The bed was super comfy. Nice beach right in front of hotel. Walking distance to a few good restaurants.

Cool place to visit but not stay the night.
    • King Room with City View

Zest is closed on Sundays which is terrible in my mind its a HOTEL! The rooms look like re-purposed hotels. The windows are dirty, you can hear everything through your door. Every door slam, person talking in the hall, the elevator ding, every thing! I heard the ice cream truck ding for 15 minutes I was 5 floors up. The bed was like my college dorm room springy and flat pillows. All I have to say is they have an amazing photographer for there website. I feel as if the try and hide the rooms with the blue light. If I was staying longer than I did I would have complained and try to maybe get my money back or a different//better room.

I liked the rooftop bar. They had a great happy hour. The staff was great, everyone was supper helpful and polite. One of the guys on night shift suggested a great dinner place since their restaurant was closed.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Unique place to stay
    • King Room with City View

No balacony on the room and no refrigerator and no real closet.

The beach and location were just awesome. Convinience to restrauants and the rooftop bar and lounge was super.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Location is outstanding, staff wonderful, Rooftop bar divine.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

Our room was in need of some maintenance; leaky toilet, flaky paint, A/C not cooling well , for the price I was expecting more.

Location is outstanding, staff wonderful, Rooftop bar divine. the modern minimalistic décor is palatable (not my personal liking).

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Good bang for your buck- not the best but not the worst. Gorgeous views!
    • King Room with City View

The pool is small. The food menus were limited in what they serve, the food was good just more of a pizza, wings and burger place. Our room although "cleaned" never really felt cleaned.

Staff was very nice and We had gorgeous views. They ruined my friends jacket when she had it dry cleaned BUT were very accommodating to fix the issue. You just a walk along the beach away from other restaurants, bars etc.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Design Hotel at the beach minutes from AirPort & old San Juan
    • King Room with Ocean Front

Food &. Drink were too expensive for the guests for breakfast & local beers.

Beautiful interiors, kind & efficient & effective staff. On the beach. 5 mins from AirPort. Always taxi in front. Spend all Day in Old SanJuan or at the shopping Mall & wake up to lappning of the waves & a walk on the beach!

Great with friends
    • King Room with City View

The mist roof top bar staff rude...waited over 30min to order drinks and food took forever... roof top pool closed at 8pm

Location...valet staff great...housekeeping great

Labor day vacation

Nothing I did not like

Location near the beach

Bathroom had a lot of mold ,flooring and air conditioning...
    • King Room with City View

Bathroom had a lot of mold ,flooring and air conditioning filters dirty .

The view from the room was amazing!
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

The view from the room was amazing!

The location is really good, beautiful beach and it's...
    • King Room with City View

The location is really good, beautiful beach and it's very close to the airport.

We stayed 5 days and only had hot water for two days

We stayed 5 days and only had hot water for two days

close to airport
    • King Room with City View

the lighting is hideous. Feels like a cheap hotel with black (fluro) lights

close to airport

Great choice for vacation.
    • King Room with City View

Everyone was very friendly. The room met our expectations. I only wish the pool have been a little cleaner. Overall, great accommodations.

The location is really good.
    • King Room with City View

The location is really good. Staff is excelent

Wonderful and peaceful place especially for couples

No complains

It’s a very relaxing boutique hotel

The hotel is located in a great area within walking distance to many restaurants and shops.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

Beach front location! Ocean view rooftop loumge / pool.

Personnel where great but the quality of the hotel does not match the pictures on the web
    • King Room with Ocean Front

Food was ok. Choice pretty limited though. Nicely located but would need a rehaul.

Very comfortable place to relax and unwind after a cruise. The hotel staff was very helpful.
    • King Room with City View

The location and convienance to pier and airport. Beautiful view of ocean.

The accommodations were great.
    • King Room with City View

The restaurant was pricey and the food was mediocre.

The accommodations were great. Great beach, great staff.

Breakfast is not included. Valet parking only, and very expensive.

Love the place, comfortable, excellent location
    • King Room with City View

That parking rate should be cheaper for the person staying at the hotel 😩

Love the place, comfortable, excellent location

• King Room with City View

The hotel is already run down since the remodel

Location in rooftop bar and pool

Amazing

Zest Restaurant

Top hotel!

Breakfast is very expensive

The atmosphere

I would go back to this hotel
    • King Room with City View

Bed was too soft every thing the Zest restaurant was very expensive

Every thing was good

Awesome staff, great location.

A little pricey.

Awesome staff, great location.

A true water and beach resort
    • King Room with City View

Location. Room. On site food and beverage.

Excellent hotel, awesome view from the terrace
    • King Room with City View

Shower water pressure. The water pressure was very low

The location, walking on the beach, excellent restaurants nearby.

Blue Hotel
    • King Room with City View

No tiki bar or a place to sit snd just drink a beer

Beach location

I can't say anything bad I loved it
    • King Room with City View

It was steps from The beach

The breakfest was not good and overpriced.
    • King Room with City View

The breakfest was not good and overpriced. Could have gone to Denny's

It was a good expirien
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

The room could be more clean

The view

The rooftop and the frozen mojitos!
    • King Room with City View

The rooftop and the frozen mojitos!

Great location and great beach

Great location and great beach

Nice Views
    • King Room with City View

It could have been cleaned a little better.

The Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Excellent view

Excellent view

Stay HERE!!!

..nope

I love the blue lighting in the room.. The beach was right in front of the hotel.. AWESOME HOTEL

Great experience

No problems

Everything was great

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

We loved this hotel and will definitely go back.
    • King Room with Ocean Front

We loved this hotel and will definitely go back. The employees are very helpful and nice.

Mediocre
    • King Room with City View

Room was dark and not as impressive as the pool and rooftop area which was my first impression.

Staff was amazing. Room service was delicious.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• King Room with City View

The rooftop is super cute, the rooms are pretty modern, and the location is great!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

Beach

No microwave.

Beach

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Puerto Rican gen
    • King Room with Ocean Front

Chaos not always available on beach

Great location nice small personable hotel

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Could not get wifi on the roof top

Could not get wifi on the roof top

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Amazing! Thank you!!
    • King Room with Ocean Front

Everything & the staff where amazing! We will be back & for longer!! Thank you to the staff of San Juan

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Nice place

Everything near the hotel

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

The location is amazing.

The location is amazing. You are literally on the beach. There are a lot good restaurants nearby within walking distance. The staff at the hotel were very friendly. There was a live DJ playing variety of music on the roof.

There are also 57 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.