Reviews of VIP Executive Eden Aparthotel 4 stars

Praça dos Restauradores, nº 24, Santa Maria Maior, 1250-187 Lisbon, Portugal

#1047 of 1,926 Holiday rentals in Lisbon

• Apartment (4 Adults)

We stayed first time here but I would stay any time again here. Room was cozy and clean, in the small kitchen we had what we needed.Breakfast is good with lots of fruits. Location is just perfect. We love the rooftop, it has amazing view!

• Studio (2 Adults)

Old & tired - at least that was our Room 923 - an apartment? Very small and pokey. Old bathroom too. Excessively priced for what you get. Took 3 requests over 3 days to get 2 proper (stemmed) wine glasses - still didn’t get them - only got 2 more tumblers - so I gave up. Had to request an iron & ironing board - shouldn’t have to when you’ve paid for an apartment. Grotty old yukky blanket in wardrobe and a previous guests dirty old beanie still in the wardrobe too! Staff were hit and miss - some friendly enough others quite rude. Our bed wasn’t changed on the last day either just made up. Some may say I’m being picky but for $308 Aust. a night I expected more. Not the staffs fault but Management/Owners- you need to lift your game and upgrade this tired old Hotel.

Location was great - bed was comfy enough but the aircon was old and noisy and not that cool even when adjusted down to a lower temp. Plentiful hot water supply and good water pressure. Breakfast was ok and on til 10.30am but saw them turn away people at 10.15am - not good - I felt sorry for them.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Staff were slow and seem to ignore you. Our family room was old fashioned. The kitchen looked as if it was from the 1970's. Corridors were dark. We looked straight out onto a building site and the room was dark. The bathroom was small although the shower, whilst in the bath was very good. It was pitch black in the hallway at night.

The location is perfect for exploring the city of Lisbon. Everything is within walking distance.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

I had to change the room twice as bathrooms were out of order. The conditions of the rooms and the service level would justify 3stars and 70-80€ per night but definitely not 210€ I paid.

The location is perfect.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Some more options in the breakfast. It was very "simple" and plain (except the fruit, my favorite).

I just LOVED the fruit-table in the breakfast room. So many good options - never seen anything like it. Best part of the breakfast. Our room was in the 9th floor - would love a better view, but it was okay. The location was perfect for walking everywhere.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

It could possibly do with some refurbishment but the price reflects this,only the fusspots who pay cheap and complain loud will object.

The type of rooms offered here are perfect with th e kitchenette, there was two of us in a room to sleep three and it was an apartment, the location is the best possible and particularly at the prices they charge, will return again and again.

I might have been just a coincidence, but there was a lot of noise and loud music from other guests (perhaps in my floor) the made my staying quite annoying. The lift had water spilled all over the floor and the yelling kept going for quite some time. I complained to the staff and they immediatly took action, but still... Besides that, one of the rooms that I booked was a triple and instead of a third bed, we ended up with a double bed and a sofa bed.

Amazing location and the view from the terrace. The rooms are ok and the hotel staff is helpful.

• Studio (2 Adults)

No air conditioning active in the room.

Loved the location, excellent eateries across the street. The staff was most accommodating, and the room was very spacious. I loved the period decor and the terrace view. I would return when visiting Lisbon.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The place needs a complete facelift and so does the attitude of the staff. The rooms were tiny and so hot. There was supposed to be air con in the rooms but it just did nothing and we felt like we were in a sweat box! The walls were dirty and everything just looks too tired and worn. I would expect a lot more for the cost and also for a “4 star”. This place is more like a hostel then a hotel. The staff at check in also appeared tired and fed up. Very disappointed overall and won’t be staying ever again.

Location was very central.

the staff

the hotel provides just what we needed but the staff really annoyed me. I rang them when we arrived at the metro station to ask how to get to the hotel but he hung up my call so i had to ring him back again He also gave me wrong info on how to get to the airport at 7am!😡 water in the pool was also cold

Cafe :-( No service after 23:00 :-(

The location is very good. The view of the castle is beautiful, unfortunately, there was also a huge construction site close to the Hotel. Apparently a nice breakfast buffet.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Better food at the Terrace Bar would have improved the experience, but the wine was good!

Rooftop Terrace Bar has great views. Very happy that the windows in our room actually opened to let in the fresh air. Can't beat the location - close to the Hop on Hop off bus tours, Metro stations, a grocery store 2 blocks away, bank ATM across the street, and loads of neaby restaurants.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The bathroom: very poor space configuration, old fashioned. The a/c (hot operation) didn’t operate. Limited view from my room. Needing of renovation: bathroom, a/c and carpet

Big, comfortable room. Comfortable bed

• Studio (2 Adults)

The view was overlooking construction only. Not a lot of natural light in the room

The shower had great water pressure. It was nice to have a kitchen in the suite and a separate bedroom.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The decor in the rooms and corridors is a little dated but sort of ties in with the whole feel of the Art Deco place. Rooms are very clean but walls are bare and we felt if some of the movie posters in public areas were also in your roommutnwouldvriggten it up no end !

the terrace bar and pool are just amazing- the views spectacular especially at night. Room has everything you could need, good shower and bathroom, kitchen with microwave , kettle, dishwasher

• Studio (2 Adults)

Reception guy was inadequate when I arrived... keep me 1 hour there for no reason... refund my already booked money and ask me to pay again... ofc due to international transaction I received my money 2 days later

• Studio (2 Adults)

The beds were uncomfortable.

The staff was incredibly friendly and responsive throughout our entire stay. The location of the hotel was amazing so made it easy to walk everywhere. The rooms was very clean and had everything we needed during our stay. Highly recommend and will definitely book again if we go back!

• Apartment (4 Adults)

It is not a **** hotel!!!! Old hotel. Old furniture. Old windows and doors. Looks much nicer on pic, then the reality. On the other hand we could enjoy it, because it was ok for the needs, and the trip was great.

Location is great

• Studio (1 Adult)

The best location in Lisbon, you can't find better. Cleanliness, facilities are excellent, I had a nice view from my balcony. The staff is nice and very helpful, I would rate them 11/10.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The un-flexible check-in time of 15:00,especially when you requested an earlier one of 11:00.

The location is superb and is value for money compared to other hotels in the surrounding area.

• Studio (1 Adult)

Comfy Accommodation right in Lisbon center (near metro and several bus lines): discreet and helpfull staff and well appointed apartments for a hassle free stay! I will return on the occasion of my next trip to Lisbon!

• Studio (2 Adults)

The room was dirty and neglected. Kitchen equipment is inadequate. Not suitable for family.We were disappointed. It is not a 4 star establishment.

Central location

• Studio (2 Adults)

there's a big wall blocking the view of the square from all the window, as part of the building design. Everything else is great

Great location. Very comfortable room. Nice breakfast. Staff, especially Carla, very nice and helpful.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The air conditioning don't work before 1 march, so you have to open the window and then you can hear a lot of noise from the street.

The location near the old Lisbonne with a marvellous terrace where you can see the castle.

• Studio (2 Adults)

A bit old fashion when it comes to the rooms. They didn’t have any double rooms available.

I am from Lisbon and I have to say that the location of the hotel is PERFECT. The rooftop gives you one of the best views of Lisbon. A must see! Everything is clean and the staff is nice.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Staff was not friendly at all.

The rooms were old, carpets and floor were very dirty. When entered the rooms, we saw the bed sheets had some marks on it. We asked them to change iit.

• Studio (1 Adult)

Absolutely the best location in Lisbon, great room with a very good kitchen. Nice staff , great free breakfast buffet. I will always stay there. Value for the money, none better in all of Europe.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Only once a week changing my bed; only a little less cleaning of the room; no toilet-articles; problems with the electric two times; nice room, but bad services = too expensive for what you get!

Nice location in the city. All public transport at a view meters and de city centre as well.

• Apartment (3 Adults)

We walked into the Eden and got greeted by the staff but there seemed to be a problem with the booking because the computers weren't receiving the reservations. So we were waiting a while before going into our room. Our rooms were very old fashioned, not cleaned properly the sink in the kitchen was all chalky I couldn't tell wether that was dirt or from the cleaning liquid but either way it shouldn't of been there. There were marks on the sheets. As we walked into the foyer from our room there was a family waiting for their room to be ready. They had been waiting since 3pm. Although there check in time was 3pm they were still there by 3.40pm The foyer was also far from clean. There were rappers and what looked to be the remains of uneaten food. The breakfast lounge was too small for the amount of people eating in there. Everyone was scrambling for tables. There was one waitress working her hardest, clearing tables, fetching food refilling cereals and milk jugs. Obviously unindated with too much work. There were 10 people in front of me queueing at the only coffee machine in there. We complained on the way out and the receptionist did seem genuinely sorry but the whole experience is something that I'd expect from a two star hotel that I'd paid the minimum for NOT a four star. I have booked with booking.com many of times in the past but this has by far been the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in. Trully disapointed. Location is probably the only positive from this stay.

None of my stay was enjoyable.

• Studio (2 Adults)

A bit dated but still comfortable

Central location by transport hub.. Good restaurants and cafes nearby. Great rooftop terrace bar with views over city.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Same breakfast for 3 days was odd and the spread was very routine and ordinary.

Location was good close to many restaurants and very easy to commute to and from.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The small problems we had could easily have been avoided in the first place if the hotel had taken our reservation request into account (i.e. provide a quiet room: the room was right next to construction (occasionally noisy) and on traffic. Staff tried to solve it by giving us another room, which suffered from the same drawbacks as far as we could tell. At the end it ended up being okay (construction did not start early, and traffic was not that bad), but this was avoidable aggravation and extra unnecessary workload for the staff. Room was made only very late in the afternoon, which was not handy because when we came back from a day's touring or walking we had to call to inquire how come our room had not been made, hear that it would be made soon, wait some more, then wait out of the room while it was being made, ... nothing terrible, and the staff were really doing their best to take care of the problem and give us satisfaction, but here again this could easily have been avoided in the first place. Communication with staff is a bit difficult, despite all the goodwill. It is probably not a language problem, but something more subtle - maybe a roundabout way of answering questions or level of context. Staff virtually never smile, which seems very unfriendly and unwelcoming at first. It takes a bit of getting used to. It is not an issue of staff attitude, which is fine, more a matter of expectation and what one is used to, especially when coming from northern Europe or Anglo-Saxon countries. There were heavy smells of cooking in the corridors, but fortunately it did not get into our room. I guess this should be expected since this is an "aparthotel" with a kitchenette (which is very handy by the way).

Location is perfect for tourism around Lisbon and to Sintra. Room was good. Roof terrace is great. Staff was very willing to provide information and to help with whatever small problems we had. Breakfast was no gastronomy but good, with lots of choice to satisfy the various national breakfast habits of the varied guests. Breakfast staff was friendly and welcoming.

Location, location, and location

they assigned us outdated room, Blankets extremely old and nasty. weird vintage smell. Outside of the location not much else be to desire.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Room was very bad, furniture cheap and old, everything was old and dusty. In the first hour the kids dropped some crambles, they stayed with us for 3 days, nobody vacuumed them. Staff unfriendly, you can go in and out saying hello or goodbye to receptionist, nobody dares to take the eyes from pc screen

The location is excellent

• Studio (2 Adults)

Some body lotion in the bathroom would have been a nice extra!

Very short stay in a cool retro building..hotel rooms could do with some modernisation.Roof terrace has Amazing views of Lisbon City both day & night!! Excellent city centre location.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Breakfast, just a smile in the reception.

Breakfast really low standard :-( So noisy that you couldnt sleep, first the construction site next to it, and after that a party on the floor on top.

• Studio (2 Adults)

In need of an upgrade throughout. 2nd floor carpet stained and smelt, room interiors very tired, kitchen and bathtub needed replacing. Functional rooms, lacking stylistic flair. Kitchenette utensils needed replacing, missing some standard items such as a bottle opener

Good service throughout. Big spacious rooms with plenty of storage. Very comfortable bed. Superb location. Great to have a kitchenette - although only fridge was used

• Studio (1 Adult)

Breakfast is pretty average, view from my window - next building's wall and trash containers below in the street (for one night it is ok, for longer may be a bit upsetting)

Location is excellent, bed and pillows are great, luggage storage before check in and after checkout is very useful and convenient, view from the terrace bar is amazing. Metro station at the door, lovely Lisbon center streets in walking distance.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Unfriendly desk staff except for one ,noise level from building site next door -12 hours a day , inability of hotel to move us straight away , so called upgrade was in hindsight placing us where noise was worst ? Safe in room on floor - we would have to lay on floor to use it - ridiculous , no clothes etc in kitchen .

Location and view

• Apartment (4 Adults)

The hotel was built probably in the 80-s and no further updating has been done. Water pressure low and canalization did not work properly, the sink in the bathroom was always full of water and it did not go away.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The hotel is a building site at the moment. It really should not be open for business. Drilling underneath from 07.30am until 19.30. Impossible to relax.

• Apartment (3 Adults)

We were given key to the wrong room and walked into another bedroom while it was occupied. Key cards later didnt work. Corridors were very dark, no automatic lighting. Mould on bathroom ceiling, stain on sheets...

The location was good.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The stuff in the breakfast room was very rude and lazy.The breakfast room was small and there was not enough table if you concider the hotel capacity

The location was wonderful and walking distance to everywhere,lovely roof bar , the view of the swimming pool on the top is very nice.The breakfast was good if you could find a table to sit and eat.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The only downside is the maintenance work being carried out, from 8 O'Clock each morning except Sunday (I would check this was completed before booking here again)

Really spacious rooms, fairly big bedroom and large separate sitting room. I liked the electric blackout blinds and the facilities in the Kitchen. Staff were friendly when asked any question and helpful when needed. Rooms were kept clean and fresh towels provided each day. The highlight for me was the rooftop pool and bar as it was 31 degrees some days and too hot to walk about.

• Studio (2 Adults)

staff English poor, some staff in reception not very helpful - when we ask to phone Portuguese shuttle service go back to airport we have answer - its not my job to do that but in this time i will do this big favor for you !! Not enough tourist information around.

comfortable beds, very good location, very, very nice pool and roof area

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Although the room sizes were generous, the fixtures and fittings were more student bedroom than 4 star. Our appartment was in need of refurbishment - the wall paper was marked and dirty in places, the wash basin cracked. There was no separate shower, but one over the bath with a shower curtain. Why not fit sensors to switch on the lights down the long corridors to the rooms, rather than guests having to hunt the nearest switch?

The big plus for this hotel is it's location in the middle of an area full of places to eat and shop, and fantastic for getting around Lisbon as v close to bus stops, the Metro, Rossio station, the funicular etc which makes life very easy. Loved being able to sit out on a roof top terrace with great views. Liked having the amenities of a hotel with 24 hour reception, a roof top bar etc, while having our own appartment with daily cleaning/bed making.

• Apartment (2 Adults)

The service works at the back and underneath the property.

The staff were most helpful, rooms clean and roomy. The kitchen area was very useful. The location is excellent for all sightseeing and shopping.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Some parts of the rooms need maintenance. The ac wasn't cooling much. Had to leave it on all day and night to keep room cool. The flush didn't work well and had to flush multiple times.

Courteous staff and excellent location. Right next to metro station and walking distance from most attractions

• Apartment (3 Adults)

I did not like being awaken by the noise of a pneumatic hammer (? or something similar) that lasted two hours. It is a pity that no one has warned about it. Also the windows are so dirty that you can barely see through them. A shame, because outside the windows there is a beautiful green garden.

This is an extraordinary building just by the metro/bus (to the airport) station. You stay just at the center to walk just a few minutes to the oldest part of Lisbon or to get on of the Hop On/Off buses. It is an old buidling, renovated, with a pool on the roof (and a bar), from where you can see the panorama of Lisbon!!! We stayed there for 2 nigts and were able to see the most of the city. We did not try the breakfast, but we had a fully quipped kitchen in the room, so we were independent in that matter.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Nothing was right the room was extremely dirty, the bed linen dirty, the mattress protector was stained so I didn't dare lift it up to see the state of the mattress, room was very dusty, the, carpet was stained in multiple placesand dirty, mattress very uncomfortable and sofa bed rated Zero, most uncomfortable bed ever, overall extremely angry , not worth the money I paid for, will never set foot there again nor will I recommend this hotel. Discustingly dirty , very noisy, I have never previously suffered from Rhinitis, yet I stayed up all night suffering from the dusty and dirty room

Absolutely nothing at all

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Hotel is old and needs to be refurbished. Some of the responsiveness from people at front desk was slow. Also cleaning staff had attitude!!

Location, location, location!!!! Roof top bar was excellent. Pool????

• Studio (2 Adults)

Construction site right below the hotel: we woke up to an electric hammer one Monday at 8 a.m.

Great location, right next to bith subway and long distance trains and also to the bar area. It aksi has a small pool and a terrace bar, nice when it's so hot! The only bad thing is that they are building a clothing shop right below the hotel so it may be that you hear an electric hammer at 8 a.m.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Couldn't fault the hotel but make sure you have rubber soled shoes as all Lisbon streets are slippery cobbles!

The location of the hotel was superb as was the rooftop pool and terrace. The facade was beautiful!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Apartment (4 Adults)

The breakfast could do with tastier and quality items. This includes scrambled eggs which actually taste like they contain water.....and the sausages are extra soft and not tasty. The Bacon could be more crispier. Reception do help, however, you have to force it out of them by speaking a lot. The terrace bar seem to attract the wrong crowd, and is not pleasant for families with children.

The rest was good - Pastis de Belem and Nata are available during breakfast, including fresh fruits and coffee and tea variety. Rossio Sq. is within walking distance. Private tour and public tours can be booked by reception.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Studio (2 Adults)

We were told we could check in early 12: by booking .com but when we got there we were told no one checks in before 3pm. we left our bags and went for a walk came back at 2:30 room not ready but while waiting noticed plenty of people checking in. First reception staff very abrupt. Without looking told us our room not ready. Not a good start .

Pool, young male reception staff, location.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Reception staff and breakfast catering staff were not attentive to the customers and more concerned about their own enjoyment having private conversations rather than attending to the matters at hand

Bar staff very helpful

• Studio (2 Adults)

Nothing...everything was great. Only recommendation...maybe some coffee in the rooms??

Excellent location...minutes away from Rossio Station and walking distance to almost all major attractions. Within walking distance to the shops and also walking distance to Barrio Alto restaurants and cafes.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

the pool/bar area was not cleaned for the morning so you had to walk through the cigarettes butts and find an empty table without cocktail glasses to find your morning breakfast table, that was unpleasant. There were no towels out till very late in the day to take a swim. Early risers like swimming in piece early but no towels; The rooms towels were also not replaced as they should be

The breakfast is extremely average in quality. There was hardly any cutlery there and huge queues for the coffee machine and food in general. It was difficult to get to. Also not enough things out for people to take it wasn't well supplied! and they where understaffed

• Studio (2 Adults)

There was 1 very unhelpful member of staff.

Great aparthotel, amazing location for exploring Lisbon, beautiful view from the rooftop terrace, friendly and helpful staff.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

There was a stranger (not a hotel guest) at the roof top bar in the evening who followed us to our room and inquired about our children. We did not feel safe; however, the hotel staff responded quickly and asked her to leave our room. The hotel staff should be able to remove people like this from their property and not allow them at the bar. The shower curtains had an odor and the rooms were older, but were overall comfortable.

The location was great! The pool and roof were nice, but the pool was very cold. The staff were helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable overall. The pull out couch was comfortable for the children to sleep.

• Studio (2 Adults)

We wanted a coffee at half past 11, the bar was supposed to close at 12 and we were told the machine had been turned off already, not happy, it seemed the staff wanted an early dart!

View and pool

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Breakfast room is small and very crowded

Nice view from the roof terrace. Pool is located on the roof terrace. Hotel is centrally located but not noisy.

• Studio (2 Adults)

This hotel is extreme poor value for your money. The cleaning was very unsatisfactory - first night I found several black hairs under the sheet in the bed. I really don't understand how this can be a four star hotel, would be more understandable if it was a 1 or 2 star. It is very expensive seen to what you get. Don't repeat our mistake - choose to stay somewhere else!

The location is the ONLY positive thing about this place

• Studio (2 Adults)

Hotel is a bit "faded glory" on the inside and could do with a refurb but, given the price, I am not complaining

Location is excellent. We didn't use it but the kitchenette seemed handy. The pool on the roof, although cold, is a great plus on hot days.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The staff were terrible and very unhelpful. We arrived at 3pm on check in and were given 2 single beds in a smoking room when we booked a double and non smoking. We asked to have the room we had paid alot for and they said there was nothing else available. After saying it wasnt good enough we were given 2 singles in a non smoking room. They said they would make the bed in to a double and that never happened. We didn't get clean towels. When we went to the pool there was no pool towels and when we asked the staff just shrugged and said there's non at the moment. Everything was a hassle and even ordering a drink seemed like a chore for the bar staff. It deffinitely dampened our stay in this amazing city. Only thing going for it would be the location and view from the rooftop pool.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The rooms are very old fashioned and require an upgrade. The kitchen did not have a kettle.

Beds were very comfy, hotel is in a great location and the Terrace/pool is superb

• Apartment (4 Adults)

The hotel is understaffed; breakfast room and roof terrace a mess. No pool towels available.

Perfect location! Spacious, but a bit dated, apartment. Roof terrace and pool could have been perfect if tidied and maintained.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Our room was on the 9th floor which meant that it was one of the lucky ones with a balcony -perfect for a leisurely breakfast. The air conditioning kept the room cool even though the temperatures were 36 degrees, and the pool was a brilliant bonus for the hot days!

• Apartment (3 Adults)

We had a separate sitting room, bedroom, bath and kitchen, but rooms were very small esp the kitchen .

Excellent location, convenient for buses and taxis, art deco style building, could open windows of room, pool on top of building was fantastic in the hot weather we experienced. Fantastic views over city.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Problems checking in. Poolbar had little variety and seamed to need more staff. When I called the lobby with question about room service, which never was taken care of. I gave up, waiting for an answer and left my room.

Great location. Nice view from the rooftop. The apartment was alright. Good beds and bathroom.

• Apartment (3 Adults)

The Hotel is a bit dark and the decor pretty tired and old The roof top pool is small but just OK there are no where near enough sun loungers or table and chairs.

The Location is very good All the staff very friendly and helpful, can't fault them at all.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Outdated but they are in the process of remodeling. Do not know what the new rooms will look like. Housekeeping was a bit forgetful- had to ask for towels often.

The view from the rooftop bar was phenomenal. Location was perfect.

• Studio (1 Adult)

I didn't like the hall light system. Every time you would get to your floor, it was dark. Breakfast was ok but juice was not natural, a surprise being in Iberian Peninsula!! Lisbon in general needs better street signs and orientation.

The bedroom was large, comfortable, has a nice kitchen with fridge and the toilet was also very good. Comfortable bed. Safe in the bedroom. The view was ok, to the Restauradores Avenue. Access to and from Restauradores metro station was immediate. I didn't use the pool nor the roof bar.

• Studio (1 Adult)

Breakfast staff was impolite and questioned my right to have btrskfast, which would have been fine if it was done in a polite manner as I had prepaid and booked breakfast. This and the general poor condition of the place significantly reduced the experience!

The location was good as well as the rooftop.

• Apartment (4 Adults)

Loved, loved, loved the roof top pool. The views were amazing. It felt like I was in a dream it was so magical. No need for car. EVERYTHING is in walking distance, excellent location. Parking was 25 euros per 24 hours. Do not rent a car, just walk or take transit. We LOVED our stay in Lisbon

Browse VIP Executive Eden Aparthotel traveller photo gallery