Reviews of Auramar Beach Resort 3 stars

Praia dos Aveiros, 8200-377 Albufeira, Portugal

#61 of 74 hotels in Albufeira

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would go again.

The bald headed bar manager needs to go on a customer service course. All other bar staff were very helpful and pleasant. Large queues formed at the bar at times. Finding a table in the restaurant was difficult and this area should be managed. The staff did their best under the circumstances. Key for safe was chargeable. Coffee and milk not provided in the room, only a few tea bags. Would have liked to be able to hire pool towels.

Our room was newly refurbished. Lovely decorated and large shower. Fridge useful and kettle. The staff were very pleasant, especially in the restaurant, pool bar and reception. The position and setting of the hotel is very pretty and quiet. Shuttle bus into the old town useful. Check out time 12:00

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

We enjoyed a relaxing 7 days here

Shower and TV in room very poor. No hairdryer in room.

Views from dining room were lovely. The daily activities were very good and that was down to the staff (in particular Francisco and Andrea) who ran them.....it made our stay a whole lot better.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

I would come back next year not but in a hot season. Here is too hot for north people.October->ok

pillows like to be softer.

Good breakfast not necessary to take all included. Take a food at down town what ever you like. Fish soup is what you should try. Taxi very fast.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

The only good thing about the auramar was the location and...

It was very dated, the balcony was very small and there was cockroaches in the room, didn't find the staff too helpful or friendly

The only good thing about the auramar was the location and the pool!

Great hotel

Can't fault the hotel.

Beds were comfortable, rooms clean and a great location for the old town and beach right on your doorstep. Good choice of food every day. Staff really friendly and helpful, especially the ladies in reception.

A once only visit.

There is no WiFi in bedrooms, only in reception. Only ONE key is given , (incidentally with a refundable 10 Euro deposit). I was sharing with my 27 year old grandson, who naturally liked late clubbing. If he took the key, it left me without electric power...if I kept the key, he felt guilty at having to knock the door and awaken me after a night out. Come on, this is supposed to be an international hotel. Breakfast is served only from 8am until 10am.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Lots of siestas in the sun and swims in the deep blue sea - a proper sun holiday!

The hotel is a bit dated but our room was kept spotlessly clean so I really didn't mind that. The thing that I didn't get was the coffee - just give me a good coffee and a decent croissant for breakfast and I am made up! The coffee is from a machine that has been filled with powdered coffee and powdered milk and it is sweet. The croissants are mini ones from a pack that are more brioche than croisssant - if you know what I mean. There is plently of other food available at breakfast but this included tinned fruit, as well as fresh, and the toaster took an age to toast bread. These were just a few small things that I think, if improved upon, would just add a touch of luxury! Having said that OMG the beach, to the left, is a little piece of heaven!

Bed was very comfy - felt like a layer of memory foam topper. The location by the ocean and next to a superb beach. The bus service to town was very handy although we did hire a car which we were able to park at the hotel. Shops and restaurants nearby. Also medical centre nearby if required (I happened to need it). The room was cleaned daily and bathroom was spotless. I had lovely view of the sea. Staff were very pleasant at reception and in the restaurant. If we had more time my daughter would have enjoyed joining in with the dancing entertainment, in the morning, by the pool, but we only discovered this on the last day.

my rating is 2 Booking.com rating is out.Hardly 3star.On the plus cleaning crew do a great job

From the minute we entered reception! Staff actually argued (in Portuguese) over whose turn it was to serve at the counter! Old ! Is the only way to describe this hotel. It has had its day .The bathrooms have a window to the hallway so anything you say or do in there is heard as if you are sitting in the passage way Ps. You can’t close that window!

The property had beach access

I went with 3 friends for 4 nights.

The wifi is terrible but you can rent a mini for 5 euros a day. The gym is basically non-existent unless the only thing you need is a treadmill. However, it is VERY easy to run around the resort neighborhood and there is a crossfit gym very close by. The only reason I might not return is it was not Adults Only so there were children in the dining room and the pool.

I went with 3 friends for 4 nights. We enjoyed the property very much and its proximity to beaches, caves, the downtown area, etc. It was incredibly clean and comfortable. The food was wonderful. The staff were AMAZING.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

My stay was great, the hotel is worth the price, very kind, helpful and professional staff.

Everything was OK.

Very comfortable hotel, good food, beautiful views, wonderful atmosphere, nice and always helpful staff. With a clear conscience I can recommend this hotel to anyone. Special thanks to Alina, the waitress from the restaurant, she is friendly and always helpful person.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

36oC heat in Portugal.

The room we rented was a twin room , every room in the hotel has a sea view , ours was pritty much 180o Albufeira old town is 20 mins walk along the lovely beach, or if your feeling lazy the hotel runs a free bus service every 2 hours.

The Food and choices were excellent.

I requested a room not too high up and near the pool bearing in mind there's over 60 steps up and down to pool etc. When I checked in.this was not available and was told to askthr next morning on which I did but too no avail. I did mention it to Reception manager the day before we left to make them aware that I was a little dissapointed as I couldn't get room lower and she says back to me that I would have had to go up and down stairs regardless which I wouldn't...only once each day for breakfast .She told me politely tgat tgat was my opinion.I told her nicely...All opinions matter. I asked for possibly cereal and milk as we check out at 4am and she laughed at me.I told her I didn't as for anything out of the way and Thanked her and left. 2 hours later ..cereal and milk was left in the room. I thanked the lady .

The Food and choices were excellent. The prices were so very cheap. The Hotel was veey clean. The shop in Hotel was not a rip off. The Swimming pools were spacious. The grounds were fabulous. The location is superb.

Very relaxing break at this amazing hotel, will definitely be back!

The air con in our room was a bit temperamental. The WiFi only works in reception and is very slow if a lot of people are on it.

The pool over looking the beach is amazing. Great location. The free bus to the old town was very handy.

Ideally located on the beach & with easy access to a...

Ideally located on the beach & with easy access to a great selection of bars & restaurants. A 20 minute beach walk get you straight into the Old Town... which is fabulous. Room was good, facing the sea, nice balcony, good size, cool air con Staff were great, management not so much The problem is; we paid for all inclusive, but you are deliberately limited to you choice, access times for food & drink. And also how many drinks you can collect from the bar. We were a party of 4 and I was not allowed to fetch a round of drinks for our group Glad we went, but will choose somewhere else next time

Nice sea view
    • Superior Twin Room

A lot of all inclusive tourists. They blocked the deckchairs early in the morning 6-7 a.m. The breakfast was not nice ( first day we ate at the hotel then outside; just 2 choice of sliced cold meat; the flakes were horrible, no fresh coffee ( pulver coffee) Room service didnt changed our coffe cups in the room and didn’t refilled coffee, tea bags, water etc. No minibar! We saw the other rooms which has not been renovated ( old furniture etc.) U have to book for the nice sea view the superior twin bed room but it is for the price performance expensive!

We had a a renovated room. ( superior twin bed room) Awesome sea view.

Had a great holiday, excellent hotel and staff and would return.

The location of the room.

The Hotel, the staff, the location was all excellent. From the 5th floor up we had a sea view but the sun NEVER was on our balcony. We experienced a swarm of Mosquitos in our room on one occasion which was not pleasant but the cleaning lady (who was very helpful) gave us a spray which solved the problem, and we kept the doors closed after that.

Worth of every penny what I paid.

The gym room is quite small. No WiFi in room, only in reception.

For the price what I paid it was very nice (I paid 37€/night). Good buffet breakfast included.

Great value

It would have been nice to have WiFi in the rooms as well as toiletries. We would also like snack bar hours to be extended.

We loved that we were able to walk along the beach to the old town of Albufeira. The hotel also offered a shuttle bus to and from the town. The natural surroundings were stunning. It was so nice to hear the waves crashing from the pool. This hotel was a great value!

Good hotel with nice breakfast.

Good hotel with nice breakfast. There is a big free parking just in front of main door. Territory of the hotel is big and nice. Rooms are comfortable. Good value of money.

Average

We were told no refund even though a family member of my boyfriend who was originally meant to go with me had passed away however myself and my cousin went on the trip as we couldn’t justify wasting all that money. The staff on arrival didn’t acknowledge us first and continued to chat amongst themselves. We had to pay €10 deposit for the key to our room and when asked for a second key we were told we must pay more. We asked for a room with a pool view and we did not get this and also it told us in our reservation there would be a sofa bed but there was no sofa bed. The tv reception was awful. No free WiFi in the rooms we were told it would 35€ to rent a modem! Food was average however not much fresh fruit for breakfast!

The view from the pool was lovely

Pool area, direct access to the beach, friendly staff, nice...

Food was terrible (happy we were not all inclusive), no shampoo, shower gel and hairdryer in the rooms, sent 2 emails to book the airport shuttle and never got an answer...

Pool area, direct access to the beach, friendly staff, nice room with private balcony

Stay was very relaxing and most enjoyable.

No kettle or hairdryer in room.

Bed was extra comfy, room was clean and ideal for stay. Reception was was very helpful helped us arrange transfers home and went out of their way to make sure everything was good with our stay. Sangria afternoon was a great touch

Fantastic Location, right on the coast and the garden areas...

You can tell it’s a fairly old hotel with the decor. But this didn’t really matter as it was clean and staff were helpful.

Fantastic Location, right on the coast and the garden areas were well kept and relaxing. Also a short walk from the central areas.

Beautiful location, glorious weather, would reccomend for cheap and cheerful,.

Food quite basic but still plenty of choice, evening entertainment was quite poor bug maybe it was too early in the season to judge.

The location was breathtaking, our room 401 was possibly the best in the hotel, stunning views.

short walk to main strip

hotel was very dated. One of our rooms the toilet wasn't fixed to the floor and came off and made the room stink of sewage. would not be returning as even breakfast was tasteless.

short walk to main strip

Brilliant

The pillows very lumpy

Rooms were immaculate clean towels everyday floors washed everyday staff both reception and cleaning very friendly we were only there for bed and breakfast but a buffet breakfast was very good with ample of choices there’s a free bus that takes you into the old town three times a day couldn’t fault it at all would definitely go back again beds were comfortable

Very nice hotel.

Very nice hotel. Delicious and various food available every day. Nice beach bar. Very pleasant staff. Definitely recommend for family holiday. Beach is very close, many places to go for a walk. Ladies at reception very helpful and polite. Shuffle bus 3 times a day to town centre for free. I would recommend to anyone. Very good value for that price.

Possibly the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in Western...

Possibly the worst hotel I have ever stayed in in Western Europe. I paid a not insignificant amount for 5 of my family to stay here for 7 nights all-inclusive and boy did I wish I hadn't! The staff were sullen and unhelpful, bordering on rude. The food was shocking bordering on inedible. The hotel was run down bordering on dilapidated. I didn't expect 5 star but I did expect a holiday not an experience akin to a stay in Broadmoor.... To summarise, beautiful location, poor hotel poor staff, poor food...

Fantastic will return

The fact that they only had WiFi in the lobby was a bit of an inconvenience

Had a lovely time could do with an upgrade in some areas like the bathrooms food was very good and the staff were friendly and efficient. Hotel is very central to everything lovely walk from hotel along the beach to the old town had a very comfortable stay.

Amazing views in great location

Yes it’s a bit dated and could do with a refurb but what more do you want for your money!

Well worth the money, couldn't fault the hotel/location. The bed was really comfy and the staff where ok. I was really surprised how good the food was! I stayed in a 4 star last year in Albufeira and payed double but Auramar definitely topped it!!

April to September best of Portugal, all in one

Need refurbished.... the doors and windows are not closing properly and you have to slam them to get closed, if is colder season you get frozen in your room Old hotel with amazing location but cold rooms ..avoid October to April but then is good on the summer cause is cooler

Excellent location, all in one, bar, pools, restaurants, parties, the most beautiful beach

Good value for money

The woman at the main restaurant was rude. It is a bit incredible that there are less than 10 channels on your tv's. Just CNN and that's it. Some of the options for breakfast were horrible, like the omelette that tasted disgusting, sausages and orange juice.

At first I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to book with this hotel because of the comments but in general we had a great time in there. It was very cheap for what we got. The room was clean and big, it has a balcony with beautiful views. The hotel is big and has got a big restaurant and 3 swimming pools. The price included a decent breakfast and the outside was gorgeous. The hotel is a bit old but for the price you pay it was excellent. My favourite part was the location, it is right at the beach and if you walk along the beach you can be in the city centre in about 15 minutes or less.

Much better than what the reviews would make you think

Furniture a bit dated but we didn't mind, no wifi in the room but we knew about it and even liked the idea, Albufeira's downtown is a fairly long walk or a 4-5 euro taxi ride

Size of the room, views, proximity to the beach, staff, facilities

Great Location, Great Value.

Repetitive Food, Outdated Leisure Facilities, Massive Lack of Wifi throughout.

Great location, situated within a 5 minute walk from the beach. Clean, Comfortable rooms.

Very relaxing.

The weather!! Storm Emma!!

Great room with panoramic views. Staff are lovely but then we already knew that as we've been going there for years.Very comfortable despite the unusually bad weather.

Do it!

You can pretty much always find something you like to eat. Evening meal can be something of a miss match for us Brits! Biggest problem was meals going cold too quick especially breakfast. You will not lose weight if you are fully inclusive! Chips for dinner and tea and puddings that are amazing!

Clean comfortable air conditioned room. Beds made and clean towels everyday. Dated but by no means out of date. Great location 10 minutes walk to "The Strip" full of cheap bars and restaurants (check prices on menu before ordering can vary a lot). Free bus to Old town 3 times a day is priceless.

The staff at all levels are a credit to the hotel.

The quality of the food is poorer than my previous visit and the choice more limited. But bearing in mind the cost is no more than 3 years ago. You get what you pay for !! The

We did not use the hotels facilities but the hotel needs some renovation

The sink in the room was blocked generally the hotel needs renovation. It is getting tired

The coffee was awful and no freshly squeezed orange juice. 5 kilos of oranges costs just 2 euros in the Algarve a better alternative to flavored water

"Heaven on earth" beach

AC was outdated and internet available only in the lobby

The best beach in the world is just in front of the resort. Absolutely stunning views, beach and sunsets! Never will forget this place! Also breakfast and dinner buffet are very good.

Fantastic value for money

The rooms were a little outdated. The bed wasn’t comfortable however very clean.

Food was fantastic great selection. The pool was beautiful location brilliant right on the beach and close to the main strip!

Nice clean comfortable hotel, staff are excellent, quiet location but accessible to shops/bars etc.

If I was being really critical the food was a bit repetitive also the entertainment could had been better, but overall nothing to complain about.

3rd time staying there, excellent value for money, especially as there was tea/coffee making facilities in the bedroom this time as well!

Value for money and efficient

Considering the lobby bar was stocked and the weather was not condusive for a long walk to the pool bar drinks were unavailable ...also the young lady was not very service orientated ...more interested in her mobile and a little sultry ...

Value for money and efficient

Good value with drawbacks like food was average and communal areas quite cold in winter.

Food, it was a buffet so you could always find something quite nice, but choice was limited and the vegetables were always really very poor.

Location, staff

Poor service messed up any possible more positive assessment.

Very poor service; very bad, in fact, especially in the only bar available and open, in the hotel! People very rude and unprepared to receive tourists!

Breakfast.

Only. For the wfi not in rooms as I needed it to help house hunt my stay was first class all the way

No wfi in the bedrooms

The breakfast and the evening meals where delicious the buffets where well laid out and the food was so fresh and the waiting staff where first class

Liked the layout of the hotel, open reception area and...

The property is obviously old and showing many signs of wear and tear. Whilst the hotel & rooms were clean there were issue with plaster coming off walls or looking grubby.

Liked the layout of the hotel, open reception area and spacious dining room.

Pretty good value

Freezing cold corridors - a big issue in January. Reported minor room issues but no sign of rectification. Fire alarm sounded but SERIOUS ISSUE as no internal phone code to call reception on literature handed to us on arrival, so didn't know whether to evacuate or not. (Could have burnt to a cinder if Fire was anywhere other than the kitchen where it happened to be)

Comfy bed-great shower. Room spacious but a little tired showing signs of wear and tear. Excellent breakfast choice & quality. Cant comment on other meals as went B&B Friendly staff

A nice big hotel. A bit dated now, but still clean and tidy. A great location for the beach.

it seems the hotel hosts some German and Dutch football teams having some winter training in the warmer weather of the Algarve. so, naturally you have large numbers of young lads, they are generally well behaved, but tend to take over the hotel and dining room a bit. And some of them decided to run around the hotel banging on doors at 2 in the morning. Just a bit of high spirits, but a bit annoying when you are trying to get some sleep.

nice quiet locaton. very close to the beach. large property.

Rooms dated. Hotel rundown. Curtains moldy. Lime ridden sink. Disgusting. Poor service.

My wife and I came to this hotel first in December 2016 for my birthday. It was amazing. The hotel was a bit dated but the room was clean and the staff was lovely. We decided to come back again December 2017 with a friend whom I share a birthday. It was awful. They room was moldy, the faucet handle in the bathroom has severe lime buildup, the staff was curt, rude, and unaccommodating. The atmosphere had completely changed. In 2016 the staff was full of students interning who were fun, bright, and professional. This time around the staff was grouchy and overtly rude. The kettle in our room was broken so we called to have it replaced in the morning, the afternoon before we went out to dinner (because the food was horrid), and upon our return. Each time we were told, “it’s on the way.” When my friend called down to ask for it so she could make a cup of tea the receptionist told her “I suggest you walk to the bar if you want something” then hung up in her face. The disregard to customer service was ridiculous considering the bar was a walk through the rain upstairs then down more stairs. On our first night the water in the WC near the restaurant wasn’t working. Housekeeping wouldn’t remove the dirty glasses and we were there for a week. This trip quite literally ruined our birthdays and broke our spirit. No vacation should feel like this. We were there for a week all inclusive but did everything possible to stay far away from that place.

Albufeira is beautiful.

+ fair price

-the bathroom was quite old and some facilities are rusty -there is no quilt for available, only a thin blanket(the staff told us that's what they provide) -the beds are easily moving, when you keel over or stand up -no free wifi in the room, only available in the lobby

+ fair price +friendly staffs and they speak German, English and French etc. and good services +free shuttle bus to the old town 3 times per day +good consideration for guests

Not in value for money . It was ok for a night but not for longer stay.

There is no wifi in the rooms only in the common areas. I think this is really not modern and makes the stay uncomfortable. The walls are very thin and all the noises from other rooms and other places can be heard. There is a chaos at the reception, they are helpful but forgot the wake up call which is critical in case of a very early flight.

The location of the hotel is fine. Rooms have balconies.

Fabulous location on a headland & great buffet meals

Sauna out of order. I do not have any mobility issues. Note that there are places where there is no ramp access. No shallow steps with handrail to enter the indoor pool

Fabulous location and buffet meals

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

An extremely well equipped hotel for a three star, gardens and outside areas magical!

Maintenance work was a little noisy at times, lots of stairs to different blocks eg restaurant and dancing bar area not all reached by lifts.

The hotel had all the facilities open or functional, food was excellent and plentiful, entertainment at night was good, well staffed, a little maintenance work going on, had to move room once but was given a larger room that compensated for moving!.

Excellent service, good value for money.

Nothing, if you accept it's not a 5-star hotel, but a holiday resort. Many of the visitors, including us, are return visitors. This is our 5th. return.

Helpful, efficient and cheerful staff through-out the Resort. Very good self-service food. Very clean every where. Location: easy walk along the beautiful beach to the Old Town. Slightly longer walk by road, but thrice-a-day shuttle from Resort. Public transport close by. Plenty of excursions available, and always on time.

Excellent, location and hotel for the price

The cleaner didn't clean our room properly on one of the days. We had to ask her to come back and give us some fresh towels. But they still hadn't cleaned the sink, bath or swept the floor. Wasn't too bad and was just a one off.

Location, location and even more location! The beaches, the old town and the littles coves were great to explore. Even in the off season the location is great, people are fantastic and weather was better than expected. Breakfast was as expected and lots of it.

View and location to beach

No cold water on all days. So no flushing loos or. Beds very hard. Bathroom could have had a good scrub around the handles and plug holes etc.

View and location to beach

Nice hotel with a lot of All inclusive guests.

The noise because of all the guests with All inclusive.

We had All inclusive. The food was good for the price....it being a 3 star hotel. It was situated right beside some fantastic cliffs where you could watch the sunset. 2 beaches could be reached from the hotel...nice.

I will go back for sure.

Nothing really.

Was the 2nd time there and always a pleasure. Still some issues with internet but once you accept it, everything is fine. Also, no shampoo in the rooms. For sure, I will go back and the staff was very helpful.

A thoroughly enjoyable mini break in this lovely hotel.

The only let down was the all inclusive package. The food and drinks were of poor quality however, given the price we couldn’t really complain. I would definitely stay here again on a room only basis.

Perfect location on the beach with spectacular views over the ocean. Hotel rooms were very clean and comfortable. The grounds, gardens and pool area are kept immaculate. All staff from reception, cleaners and bar staff were helpful and friendly.

Been here before and would certainly cone back

Rooms looking tired and needing freshening up .

Nice safe place to stay right next to the beautiful beach. Staff in the restaurant very gently attentive to guests with mobility and dexterity issues at meal times. Very good to see such simple human kindness. Everyone I met was friendly to the English lady staying by herself at this hotel. An army of cleaners always busy in the mornings!

nice place week wasted after armed police arriving wasnt keen to go back out

the behaviour off the quests was out off order

was looking forward to my stay hotel was lovely but holiday was wasted with fights and armed police for 2 days left me a nervous wreck and because off all the trouble were refusing us drinks which was a waste off a day and night when meant to be all anclusive

Trip to the 90s

Everything. I was there for a night only between 2 other locations. The hotel shop working time was 9-18! There was no wifi in B building....

Stayed for a night between two places. This hotel is so outdated! There was nothing modern in it. Apart of the towels and bedding that were surprisingly white and new.

Very satisfied overall and going back again very soon.

no WIFI in the rooms and hard to get wifi even close to the reception where the router is.

Hotel is in a very good location, nice view, nice swimming pool, nice staff, friendly and helpful, very good value for the money. Good breakfast.

We liked having 2 pools & plenty of sun loungers...

The beds were very hard & I didn't sleep well. I requested extra blankets & pillows to cushion the mattresses & they only mildly helped when received after second request.

We liked having 2 pools & plenty of sun loungers available (although it was low season). The beach being so close was perfect.

overall enjoyed my stay

Noise coming from other rooms and the pillows weren't great

Good location for bars and restaurants, great views and close to beach and also good breakfast selection

Loved it will definitely be back!!

The mattress needs replacing felt like I was sleeping on the hard floor. And two keys should be available to keep the aircon on to keep the room cool.

Everything was fantastic all the staff were very helpful and polite we loved staying we will definitely come back

No WiFi in the room.

No WiFi in the room..tv is a joke...they wanted deposit for everything even the bloody key..oh and no hairdryer in the room...you can get one but guess what...20€ deposit

Enjoyed our stay at Auramar hotel.

Lobby bar was not open after 7 pm.

Beds comfy.Shuttle bus to old town was a bonus twice a day.The `strip` was 15 mins stroll away....great pubs and shops! BEWARE the `motor bike taxis!!Ask for price before you get in!We were ripped off!.

Location close to beach and old town/ main stipe.

No tea/coffee/hairdryer in rooms. No English TV channels. Very noisy building work which we wasnt made aware of. Basic room cleaning services. Queues for entertainment bar very long.

Location close to beach and old town/ main stipe. Good pools. Food on par for 3 star hotel.

Friendly staff.

Outdated facilities, quite a funny experience. Good beaches ruined by decades of tourism. Sort of a terrifying indictment of the horrors of the human race. The eggs weren't great either.

Friendly staff. Good people watching, the clientele are next level.

Very disappointed, shabby old hotel.

Very old shabby hotel. No modern facilities, Wi-Fi only in reception and we were charged to ring a taxi! Would never stay here again.

Nothing. Old hotel very shabby and run down it was very far from the centre. Only Wi-Fi in reception and we had to pay to ring a taxi. Knock this hotel.

Stay was super in every aspect barr the to and from airport

It would be necessary to be very careful about booking taxi to and from airport. No one showed to pick us up and had to ring hotel (even though had booked shuttle) Taxi eventually came and charged 40 euro Taxi booked through hotel( Pre paid 35 euro) for morning of departure for 6 45am, taxi never came, had to fight to get reception to ring to check. They had to re direct another taxi on its way to airport which had to pick up other passengers in other hotels, arrived at airport at 8 20!!!, needed to be there at 7 30am. Made it very rushed and stressful. Very cross about that.....

Apartment large and airy , nice balcony over looking the sea. Lovely pool and nicely near beach. Great value breakfast for 5 euro Great Hotel shop and reasonable Good location if you are active, not otherwise

I loved that this hotel has beautiful views, but hotel itself was a dissapointment.

Hotel is truly on an amazing location (but so is a perfectly set up tent!) that isn't the main point of staying in a hotel! Sure, the views are amazing and I actually think and have to appraise all staff for cleanliness and their kind and warm welcome. I do have to be honest that this hotel hasn't really delivered in terms of having any 'luxury or modern feel' to it at all! I get it is 3 star, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't need to be painted and maintained regularly. The hotel reception was extremely poorly decorated and the seats we actually around 80 separate armchairs in a plastic covered leather effect of green, against a dark colored wood reception and wood ceiling! It was a shocking combination of furniture - would really recommend a new furniture and decor to this hotel! Such a shame as this surely can't cost that much to replace! A bit of lighter color to lift the reception! The room also had a dark wooden doors and windows as well as a dark wood ceiling! The ceiling had marks of 'corrections and fillings' as well as the fire alarm which was cello taped onto the ceiling! The overall feel was very 'outdated' and almost set in the 70's! I felt as though I went back in time slightly! I think that being on the hill top with great views doesn't really mean all other stuff can be neglected! We did have a fridge in our room, which I was happy about (again fridge itself was at least 25 years old!) I am not sure what the other hotels of 3 star are like in the Algarve (and maybe this is the usual for that category there) but I have been in much more modern 3 star hotels in similar holiday destinations as in Spain. Nowadays some Hostels are just kept in top notch modern design, so this hotel is not playing in the same 'market'!

I think that this hotel has 3 stars based on it's location! It's location is on the top of a cliff with beautiful views across the ocean and a stone throw from the beach. It is the best location for someone who wants to chill by the sea for a few days! I am not being negative when I say that location is the driver of the 3 stars, but I think that some bits have been omitted as to what contributes to 3 star (there are a few other things too apart from a nice view)! As you could as well have a tent on the top of a hill then! A good thing though is that the bus runs free from the hotel to town center (but be careful it only goes 4 times a day).

Happy and Smily

We had an issue prior to the visit that our phones, passports and wallets were stolen. Luisa at the front desk was so kind and understanding, helping us with everything. Would consider her a true friend for life.

Excellent value for money

Hotel is a little bit outdated but maintained to a high standard considering

Very clean, pool is great and clean too. Service provided free of charge to take you to the old town.

Browse Auramar Beach Resort traveller photo gallery