Reviews of Axis Porto Business & Spa Hotel 4 stars

Rua Maria Feliciana nº 100, 4465-283 Porto, Portugal

#61 of 142 hotels in Porto

Always my first choice
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Always my first choice when in Porto for business: modern, comfortable, efficient wifi, it is excellent for business but as well for families (but better if you have a car).

A perfect hotel if you want to relax and treat yourself!
    • Double Room with Balcony

It was a bit far from the city center and I did miss an outside pool.

The staff was helpful and nice. The room was big and very clean and had all I needed, like both shower and bath, hairdryer osv. The spa was perfect!

So modern , clean , new building.
    • Double Room with Balcony

Al most stuff was clean but there is dust on coffee cup. And so dirty inside refrigerator.

So modern , clean , new building. Nice staff. We drove the car so we didn’t care that location. But a little bit far away from the city of centre.

Good hotel
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Somewhat away from the city centre , however ubers are cheap compared to london so was not a big deal.

Staff were extremly helpful and polite . Detailed information and advice was given by reception staff on where to go and how to get around on a night out .

Not up to expectations
    • Double/Twin Room with extra bed

No gym,noisy and careless room cleaners,restaurant service and food quality quite poor and at times rude.,WiFi unstable and weak,super bad location,lack of public transportation,hard to find a parking space specially at night

Separate room for extra bed

Large nice room.
    • Single Room with Balcony

The hotel does not have a swimming pool, only a "relaxation pool" (The hotel's own description ...) Wellness area only open 10am to 9pm

Large nice room. Large bathroom. Locked underground parking.

Both my son and I completely enjoyed our stay. We could not have asked for more.

Nothing comes to mind.

As in any hotel, the staff is, in my opinion, is the essential component in making a guest feel welcomed and looked-after. To a person, the front desk staff was very welcoming, very competent, and went out their way to help me out in any way I needed, whether it related to my stay in the hotel, explaining what sights to see in and around Porto, and how to use taxis, buses or the Metro to get where I wanted to go. The restaurant staff was equally welcoming, and very competent at all aspects of food service that concerned me. They were very attentive, informative about the food, and helpful in their recommendations. I personally love octopus. The grilled octopus on your menu is as good as any I have eaten anywhere in the world. The housekeeping staff was very accommodating, and helpful. While staying at the hotel, I had to catch up on sleep and rest that was badly need. I slept late, which, I'm sure, disrupted their housekeeping schedule. They were more than helpful in accommodating my sleep schedule, and any special requests that I made. Please pass on my heartfelt thanks to all the staff. I am certain that the treatment that I received was no different than that offered to anyone who stays there. In addition, I believe that the hotel management staff should be acknowledged too, as the practices and policies of the establishment are put in place by them. From this hotel guest's point of view, you have a very successful organization. Personally, I far prefer an overall atmosphere of respect, with pleasant informality, sincerity and humor. I found all this in abundance at Axis Porto. I felt welcomed, listened-to, and completely relaxed while there. I wish that I could have stayed longer, hope to return there on my next visit to Porto, and will heartily recommend your hotel to anyone I know who intends to go to Porto.

• Double Room with Balcony

The spa hours opening could be longer. It was closing at 9pm.

The staff were very very welcoming. Very customer service oriented. The spa is really good. Breakfast and dinner are great.

Housekeeping had sweet little details like accommodating...
    • Single Room with Balcony

Housekeeping had sweet little details like accommodating night clothes. And the people a front desk were excellent in giving advice re. options for trips to make.

Nice spa but too far from city center and average service
    • Double Room with Balcony

Too far from the city center. Large tour groups stay at the hotel, crowded breakfast. Language skills of staff can improve. Not very romantic. Use of spa costs extra.

The spa is nice and warm. The rooms are comfortable.

Incredible hotel, very nice and luxurious, beds were really...
    • Double Room with Balcony

Incredible hotel, very nice and luxurious, beds were really comfortable and room was very clean. We also opted for the breakfast option and it was great. Loads of options to choose from and everything was fresh and delicious

Will go back for sure.

The parking was 5EUR per day, which wasn't mentioned before booking/

Everything over exceed our expectations. It may not be in the city centre but the service is worth it! Both breakfast and dinner buffet are top class. Staff are super friendly and recommend places to go when asked for opinions. The rooms had balconies and very luxurious feel.

Room is clean and the toilet top.
    • Double Room with Balcony

Spa & Swimming Pool was good but will cost you extra per person 3€ per hour and 5 euro extra for swimming hairnet hahaha

Room is clean and the toilet top. staff also nice, breakfast is good.

Be aware that the SPA is totally a different company that...
    • Double Room with Balcony

Be aware that the SPA is totally a different company that then hotel, the hotel staff can not give you any details, and it seems they are not really keen on childeren. The restaurant is poor, and nothing compared to the nice food you can get in Portugal. As for the rooms, they are noisy, very noisy

First and last experiance from me !

Breakfast was terrible , crossanints from yesterday dark, hard and cold ! Orange juice was terrible tastes water with Orange mix ,Less stuff at breakfast time ! For Sauna or pool u must have the cap and it's 3 euros p/h ,

Everything was delightful.
    • Double Room with Balcony

It’s a little far from the center, so I recommend renting a car.

Everything was delightful. Great staff, great rooms, great Spa. The room service was also very snappy and tasty.

If the negative aspects get fixed it's alright.
    • Double Room with Balcony

Unfortunately I've catched a cold during my stay because the blankets are too thin and the heater in the room didn't work so it was extremely cold in the mornings. Also was the holder in the bad broken. Too far away from the center but once you know where the subways and buses are it's alright.

Amazing staff at the reception! Very friendly and helpful! I also enjoyed the pool which unfortunately is not for free and involves a fee but it was empty and enjoyable. The food at the hotel was very delicious and my room was quiet.

Not a bad hotel but for that money you can get better.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

We booked the hotel to relax in the Spa area which costs 3 € per hour....Ok its written in the information. But you also need to pay for the cap, flip flops and a bathrobe if you didnt bring your own. A bathrobe should be included in a good 4 Star Hotel. We purchased the items and went to the Spa area. Sauna and steam bath were small but ok... The pool water was too cold so that we didnt/couldnt use the pool nor the facilities in the pool. We informed a staff member who reacted professional. We didnt have the time to check if it was heated up the next day. For having "Spa" in your hotel name definitely not enough especially not if you are charging extra money ! Breakfast was rated really good from other guests but we expected much more than what we saw. It was okay but not more than that. ( no choice of jam, the bacon didnt look crispy or tasty, no pankcakes etc) On the balcony there was no option to sit down. It was empty. I added that its my Mum`s birthday and would have been happy about a little "something" on the bed.

The staff was really friendly and professional all the time, Check in/ out procedure went smooth, the beds were comfortable, everything was clean. A bit outside town but the way to the metro was easy to find and doable.

Had a lovely stay in Porto plenty of things to see and do. Really good weather for February
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room with Porto de Honra and Spa Package

Turned up to use the spa only to find we needed a swimming cap and flip flops so . This was not clear when we made the booking. We had caps but had to buy flip flops if we had known would of brought our own.

Pleasant friendly staff. Good food at the restaurant. Clean comfortable room.

The dinner we choosed was buffet, 19€ without drinks.
    • Double Room with Balcony

The dinner we choosed was buffet, 19€ without drinks. It was so poor, cold and too expensive for the money. I woud expect something in a 3* hotel or less.

• Double Room with Balcony

We booked this hotel on purpose to make use of the Spa and Swimming pool facilities, but we were told that we couldn't use these since we hadn't booked it in advance. Through the all booking and check in process we were never informed about this. If I had known in advance, I would have obviously book it. Instead we had to hear this information at the Spa entrance from a very sarcastic member of staff who was (weirdly) very amused with the fact that we were completely oblivious about the "rules" of the Spa.

The staff super friendly and helpful, this time I was not...

The pool was too small for 3€ per hour , the information online was misleading, always remember to check not only the hotel facility but the important information section !!

The staff super friendly and helpful, this time I was not happy from booking.com but the hotel reception was super helpful

This is a formal hotel, for business people or people who...
    • Double Room with Balcony

Having left some items in the safety deposit box by mistake, I have been in communication with the hotel about sending the items on to us. The hotel has found the items and has said they will return them. However we have been told that we must pay the postage costs. We have not however heard back with the information that we require. I would like to write a favorable review about the customer service, but until this matter is resolved , I am not able to.

This is a formal hotel, for business people or people who wish to have Spar facilities.

Staff excellent, hotel very clean and facilities inside good.
    • Family Suite with Balcony (2 Adults + 2 Children up to 12 years old)

Parking was too difficult to drive in, spaces too small. On street parking limited. Walk to metro station too long for our children.

Staff excellent, hotel very clean and facilities inside good. Food good.

Pleasant stay in Porto
    • Double Room with Balcony

Nothing important to share as negative. I may refer the breakfast, which in overall was good, however (and this goes for my picky taste) it could have more cereal variety, like oats, and dried fruits. The bacon could be a little bit more crispy too.

The room was very comfortable, with a large double bed and kettle for tea and coffee. The bathroom have plenty space with shower and a separate bathtub. Quiet location.

The hotel was very clean modern and staff were extremely...
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The pillows need to be updated for new ones as they were out of shape and too soft otherwise we had no real complaints. It was a 8 minute walk to metro and 8 minutes into city. This suited us as it was quiet and relaxing for the family. If you were on a boozy weekend you could easily get a taxi back tough relatively cheap.

The hotel was very clean modern and staff were extremely helpful , the spa was a wonderful way to relax after walking through the city and the breakfast although not what we were used to was super

Probably wouldn't stay again
    • Double Room with Balcony

For a 4-star-hotel the dinner buffet is quiet poor in my opinion. The selection is not very big and there's only one choice of meat which is lamb.The taste is okay, but considering the price the options and quality have to be better. Also, we booked the hotel just beacuse it has a pool and when we arrived we were told that the pool area costs money and is only accesable with flip flops and bathing cap - this is unusual in comparison to other hotels, so this should definitely be mentioned on the website.

The foyer, dining area and the rooms look very nice. The beds are really comfortable. The staff is very friendly and helped me in every situation. They have a big restaurant, for dinner you have the option to choose between buffet or a la carte.

Fine for one night before you fly, not to stay long
    • Double Room with Balcony

Swimming pool access should be included in the price. Dinner at nearly 20 euros in Portugal each should give you a better quality dinner than what the buffet was

Buffet dinner was poor. Down to too cold food, too warm salads, tasteless

The hotel is not in the city centre, but it is very close to...
    • Double Room with Balcony

The hotel is not in the city centre, but it is very close to the highway, which is ideal if you have business around the Porto city area. Also, the airport is 10 min away. The staff was really nice, the welcoming glass of port is just what you need after travelling, rooms are spacious and clean, breakfast was varied.

Fantastic 4 star facilities and amazing value
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room with Porto de Honra and Spa Package

Loved every moment in this hotel, amazing facilities, fantastic and polite staff, delicious breakfast and dinner buffet, brilliant spa facilities. Loved the local supermarket and cafes nearby why h is really cheap as there are 4 universities in the local area. We even used the local barber to have a long overdue haircut (under 10 euros). If I come back to Porto, I'm staying here. If you are visiting for a special occasion, please request a room on the 8th floor, it's incredibly romantic!

Friendly, clean, smart, yummy!
    • Double Room with Balcony

Would have liked some milk for the tea in our room.

The room was spacious, lovely clean crisp sheets, a kettle for teas etc Clean all round. Great bathroom. Just great. The breakfast was incredible only wish we didn’t have to rush to the airport as would have tried more! A wonderful stay.

The location was very convenient as I needed to travel...
    • Double Room with Balcony

The location was very convenient as I needed to travel outside of Porto every day, and the hotel is very close to the highway. The neighbourhood is quiet, breakfast has plenty of choices, and the welcome glass of port wine is just what you need after travelling. Highly recommendable!

Most enjoyable stay. Hotel staff kind and people in the shops are efficient and speak English/French
    • Single Room with Balcony

Bathroom lacked tissues, body cream - bath and shower gel was same bottle. No slippers, Bathrobe on demand (cost €5,00). Coffee/tisanes in room not replenished daily. I paid €30 for taxi ride airport/hotel; cost one way by metro €1.15 (hospital San João to Trinidad) and €2.55 (Trinidad to Airport) change of metro easy and journey with the walking took perhaps just under 1 hour.

It was quite calm at night even though there were groups staying in the hotel. Breakfast was excellent, self-service, food hot and plentiful, i.e. multi-choices. Relaxing in the SPA after a day walking in the town was very much appreciated; clean and calm atmosphere there.

Outside of city but close to Metro station.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Outside of city but close to Metro station. Very good breakfast with lots of options. Very good information of the city (Porto) from the staff in the reception.

This is a great hotel and very friendly.
    • Double Room with Balcony

This is a great hotel and very friendly.. we noticed it books tour groups but they were very accommodating. The location is off the beaten track about a 10 min. walk to the metro that took us directly into town...had a great time..

Happy, will return!
    • Single Room with Balcony

Brought my fold up bike but unfortunately the roads & paths around Porto are cobbles so I couldn't explore more. The Metro was a great substitute though.

The Hotel is situated in a residential area away from the Centre of Porto. The metro is around a 10 minute walk from the hotel although they do offer free transport to and from here. I got a day pass for around €10 which got me everywhere including the beach. There is a Supermarket a couple of minutes walk from the Hotel and plenty of Eateries within a 10 minute walk. The Hotel is spotless and the staff I found very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great with plenty of choice and prepared well. The evening meal I chose the Steak off the menu and it was fantastic. Don't let the location put you off if you're fit and able. When I return to Porto I'll definitely stay here again.

Amazing stay
    • Double Room with Balcony

The metro is quite a distance walking. Away from the centre. Swimming pool access is chargeable

Quiet location. Clean hotel. Excellent breakfast and kind staff

More than Excellent value for money, modern hotel, walking distance from Metro.
    • Double Room with Balcony

A brand new hotel approximately 8-10 minutes from the Metro. Large nice rooms, clean, modern, and a very comfortable bed. breakfast buffet was good as well, really excellent stay.

Could be better service
    • Single Room with Balcony

Weak wifi No assistance with luggage Breakfast has a big variety but not what people wants Bread toaster was not working No availability of double beds

Wooden floor in the room

It's pretty close to the airport, but, quite far from...
    • Double Room with Balcony

The view. I paid extra for a balcony, and all you see is a few boring buildings in front of the hotel. It's quite ridiculous to charge extra money for that, really.

It's pretty close to the airport, but, quite far from the city centre and main attractions... so, for those who are going for business only, it's ok. If you're going for sightseeing, well, it's a bit far.

Just outside the centre, but a very nice hotel if don't like city noise during the night

It's in a suburb, but I knew that already. Very nice neighbourhood, but for restaurants or shops you have to go to the centre. That's 15 min by car or 20 min with the metro, which is close by: next to the hospital a few blocks from the hotel. The metro stops in the centre of Porto.

Very nice hotel which I will probably book regularly, because it's close enough to the center, close to the highway and already outside the most common traffic jams. The hotel has very nice and spacious rooms and serves good breakfast. No city noise, very quite hotel.

I would not stay there again.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The bed was not comfortable they had folded sheets instead of a pad under the sheet and they came undone in the middle of the night. There was no table lamp to read by so the overhead bright lights were on or nothing. There was mold in the shower. The first day we were there we put food in the refrigerator and the refrigerator wasn't cold when we got back and found our food was wasted. It took about 8 hours to get that fixed. The hotel was not close to the Metro it was too far and they had a shuttle but it was only during certain hours. The rooms were very small and it was just kind of depressing too many dark colors.

The food in the restaurant was very good and the service was excellent there

Staff helpful and friendly.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

I didn't realize hotel was so far from town and metro service was a long walk to get to. Shuttle service was good however they need to extend the service hours or offer a bus shuttle service into town hourly.

Staff helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good room comfortable and clean

Since I wanted to avoid driving through busy city center, I...
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Since I wanted to avoid driving through busy city center, I was looking for a hotel located on the city outskirts with good parking and good access to public transport. This hotel met all I expected - clean comfortable hotel, with easy access by car, free street parking and metro station is approx 10 min walking distance. Room was large and very comfortable. Rich and tasty breakfast. All in all, amazing value for the money

Very good value for money in Porto, if you have a car
    • Double Room with Balcony

The coffee at breakfast is very very bad.. to be avoided.

Straight-forward 4 start hotel, with everything you would expect. The bed was good and there was a fair amount of sound insulation. The Balcony is nice, but there are no chairs to sit on. Parking is FREE on the streets around the hotel. There is even a garage, that costs a mere 5 EUR/day. Breakfast is good, but not fantastic.

Modern and clean rooms.
    • Single Room with Balcony

I work with travelling, staying in 7 hotels different per month for the last 6 Yeats. This hotel is 4* for the facilities but needs to improve the service. There was no one to help us with the bags when we arrived. A trolley was given to us. Was not a very nice impression. Twin beds for a couple is very very uncomfortable as the mattress can't stay next to each other creating a big gap between both beds. Make sure is guaranteed a double bed before your stay if you are a couple. When I arrived there was no coffee in our room. Only on the next day was replenished. On the next day the dirty glasses were not cleaned also during the make up room. Is necessary to have a car to move around due the location. The toaster of the breakfast was not working properly for the 4 days we stayed there. On my point of view the breakfast has good selection but not what customers wanted. Weak wifi.

Modern and clean rooms.

Amazing hotel
    • Twin Room with Balcony

I sleep in hotels about 40-60 nights a year, around 25-30 are in Porto. Axis is my absolute favourite in Porto. I have stayed with Axis more times than I can count and I keep returning. This last time I had a personal situation and the support I got from Axis staff (Margarida) and Axis management was exceptional. If you are looking for a hotel in Porto I recommend Axis, you won't regret. The only thing that needs to be understood is that Axis is not close to public transportation or the city centre but I can't add this information to the: "What didn't you like?" questionnaire on booking since this is inherent to the location of the hotel, not a failure, just a fact that should be understood before being booked. And in fact, this makes Axis a much quieter relaxing hotel (city centre can be very noisy, been there, done that) which is only 10-15 minutes away from the centre which can access by car, taxi or uber or even a 10-minute walk to the tram which is 15 minutes away from the centre. Try the SPA!

Hotel a great find but could do with being more accessible to public transport.
    • Double Room with Balcony

There was really nothing not to like only that the hotel was situated too far for us to walk to public transport so it was a taxi every time we went out! For young people - no problem!

The reception staff were excellent, very helpful and pleasant and nothing seemed to be too much trouble, always happy to help.

I would recommand another hotel in the city of Porto!
    • Double Room with Balcony

* you need to pay for the swimming pool which is not worth it to pay. This is something which should be included. * Poor breakfast *I had a room on the 6th Floor and when I came from the shower I noticed that I had a lot of Ants in my bed and near the bed. Without any asking they immediately gave me another room which was much smaller than my previous?!! They must have known about this because they didn't even check what was wrong with my room full of insects. Unfortunately the service afterwards was not what I expected and they absolutely did not any efforts to make it me comfortable afterwards. For me the service which I did not get afterwards, was the biggest problem..

Good accessibility from/to airport.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Television did not work, probably needed activation. But since we were only there for one night not followed up on, nor a big issue.

Good accessibility from/to airport. Fair last minute price. Friendly staff, good service.

Short but sweet - only slept in the hotel between meetings but a good stay with restful sleep!
    • Double Room with Balcony

As a business traveller, you only take hand luggage to make things quicker. This means you can't take lots of liquids with you. Typically, hotels provide shampoo, conditioner, body lotions, toothpaste etc. but only body wash/shampoo was available (which was lovely)

The temperature of the room was great - very clean and the bed was very comfortable!

Very nice place !
    • Single Room with Balcony

What I didn't like No swyming pool that we Can enjoy the sunshine by the pol.the rest I liked everything!

I liked everything ! Breakfast very good ! Staff ,very clean room ... spa very nice!

It was over all average.
    • Double Room with Balcony

Location good for airport poor for everything else. Food was only Ok. The poor charge for swimming cap and poor not filtered well

It was over all average. Nothing to write home about.

Breakfast a bit hectic but then it is a business hotel with...
    • Double Room with Balcony

Four star hotel and it runs out of Vodka and when you did get one it was 7€ but Gin and Tonic was 6€ why? Tomato sauce in satchet's (along with other condiments) that you could not open (even tried by the waiter) should be in a bowls with spoons in keeping with a 4 star hotel and not a cafeteria.

Breakfast a bit hectic but then it is a business hotel with spa.

Excellent hotel
    • Double Room with Balcony

I can't say anything negative about the hotel because my experience was very good. Unfortunately it is a bit far from Porto city center, so you would probably need to use your own method of Transportation or use Taxis.

The hotel is very modern, and well organized. The double room was very spacious, had a tea/coffe machine, the bed was large and confortable, and the bathroom had both a imersion tub and a shower cabinet. The breakfast was very good, with enough variety to please most tastes.

The breakfast was good.
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Far from the city. 10 min walk to the metro station. It takes longer when you walk with children.

The breakfast was good. We really like the donuts, those were like the ones from Krispy creme.

The staff were fantastic.
    • Single Room with Balcony

The total experience of the hotel was excellent. An area for improvement for me would be the food, breakfast was perfect but dinner was short of that.

The staff were fantastic. The hotel had an efficient and easy feel.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Modern, clean and spacious facilities, including the bedroom.
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Not the best location for exploring Porto's main attractions, though that was not the purpose of the trip.

Modern, clean and spacious facilities, including the bedroom. Nice option for relaxing, far from the agitated city centre.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Excellent first time in Porto hotel. Easy to find and quiet.
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room with Romantic Package

Minor gripe - knit picking really. But you are made to wear uncomfortable rubber shower caps in the spa and it was full of kids. I did not mind the kids but was more concerned that they were not supervised well and a spa is not a safe place for little kids to run around in.

The staff are 1st class. Always smiling and ready to help. Never once felt like we were a nuisance. We did the romantic package and arrived to a bottle of champagne, red roses and rose petals on the bed. A nice touch. There is a car park also which is handy. Takes 10 mins to drive to city centre - we used uber most of the time and that cost around €8 each way.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Value for Money
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The indoor swimming pool too small. Reception should have details on local transport details that would help customers. Example: Which bus comes goes and or comes to Hospital de São João from any part of city. Approx cost of bus and or train tickets.

- Staff very helpful. - Well maintained temperatures. - Very neat, clean and tidy. - Pedro/Fredro staff from restaurant/room services was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Calm weekend in Porto
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The bathroom could be more clean. SPA was occupied by small children all day long so there was no chance for promised relax.

I liked cosy style of the hotel - mainly design. Rooms with small balcony. Due to long weekend in Portugal the hotel was crowded but it seems to be calm. Varied breakfest. Very good, not expensive restaurant. Helpful staff. Great price for this standard. Easy access to metro station. Parking for free next to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Wonderful place to stay for business and private. Nice setup of the rooms, good location.
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

I have seen better breakfasts, but that's complaining on a high level.. :)

My bed faced the balcony, so that I had a wonderful view just after awakening - Very, very nice!

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Some good and some bad points
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Location wise is really dependent on what you're looking for. It is a strictly for business purpose hotel and that reflects on the not so great location. Staff was not particularly helpful or nice and could use with a bit of proactivity (for example explaining how the SPA works without me having to ask everything). For what you pay, access to SPA should be included, instead you have to pay for everything: access, towels, head cap, slippers, and so on. The facilities are good standard though. Mini bar choice is poor (you can see references to Port wine all over the hotel but there's no bottle inside the mini bar.. really loosing money there!)

The room was really spacious and the breakfast really diversified and high quality products

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Reception's staff very efficient , and professional
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

Restaurant expensive for the level of food , to avoid , very easy to find better quality and better prices

Reception's staff very efficient , and professional

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

----------------
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

In my opinion the facility was not sold quite accurate, indicating that this is a business hotel with Spa. It became quickly clear, that it was more of a family hotel. Regarding the Spa it is stated that a bath cap is needed, no mention of sandals. The sandals had to be bought for EUR5. After one hour at the Spa, it became packed (see hotel statement regarding Spa) There were quite a few kids (clearly under 16 years old - the hotel states: "Please note that the thermal area is only open to guests 16 years or older. Entries are subject to availability.").

The bed, the view and the staff were all excellent!

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Good and nice stay but some things to improve
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

A lobby bar is not a pleasant and crowdy place. A spa need to be extra paid what surprise a lot in a Spa Hotel, isn't? Breakfasts very very ordinary

A 10minut walk to the nearest subway station. Located in a calm neighborhood with a parking free of charge. Very nice balcony view.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Not a four star hotel.P
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The breakfast was stone cold, we asked for the breakfast to be removed from the bill. But it wasn't. I booked the half day spa package, was told on arrival that no one available to do a pedicure, but could do an exfoliant. It was a male therapist who did the massage which was very good. The facial wasn't as quoted on the treatment menu. I felt that the male therapist was not trained to do facials, he just bluffed his way through it. I am a hair & Beaty lecturer so am familiar with all beauty treatments. The therapist was really polite and courteous throughout. I woul like some form of compensation as the treatment cost was £120 euros, and was sub standard. No milk in the room???

The lunch menu was good.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Not in the city center, but north, close to "campus" of higher education institutions

wifi was a bit slow.

Everything was just excellent. Close to the Higher Education institutions where I was attending a conference, clean, comfortable, very good breakfast

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Porto discovery from an excellent base
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The hotel isn't located in a nice area and quite far from the Centre, hence rather recommended for those with a car

Very friendly staff at the reception and good confort of the room/bed at a good price/quality ratio

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Good hotel on the northern outskirts of the city.
    • Single Room with Balcony

Good hotel on the northern outskirts of the city. Useful location near the business I was visiting. Not a great location if you were a tourist wanting to explore the city

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

OK
    • Special Offer - Double or Twin Room with Porto de Honra and Spa Package

Only really suitable if you go by car or use taxis. No where to eat nearby. Restaurant OK but menu limited. Needs a cafe.

Nice rooms and enjoyed the pool.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Confortable and modern place
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The car parking has to be paid extra and is not good (very small garage making it really difficult to park in the less "wanted" spaces). You can get burn when trying to use the knob of the sauna door.

Very confortable room with a big balcony. Nice SPA (need to pay 3€/h extra though).

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Added to my " stay again" list!
    • Single Room with Balcony

The surprise upgrade to an executive suite was indeed a surprise! Staff were attentive and efficient, and humorously confident! Very handy for both airport and town. Wifi worked OK and dinner was actually quite good, though opted for the a la carte and not the buffet. Evidently used by tour groups, one is never quite alone for dinner, but the hubub gave the restaurant some atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Terrible location.
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

The location was terrible. Trip Advisor reviews said it was 4Km away from the city center and in reality the hotel was about 20 + minutes away. The neighborhood around the hotel wasn't a good one, nothing around and some projects around the area.

The staff at the reception was very courteous and helpful. She gave us tips of where to go and places to eat. Super nice!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Breakfast very good.
    • Double or Twin Room with Balcony

There was no coffee or tea making facility. Room a bit dark. Had I been working it would have been difficult. Dinner service very slow. I think they would have preferred us to have the buffet. No toiletries in bathroom, fortunately we carry our own.

Breakfast very good. Room spotless.