Reviews of Hotel Apartamento Brisa Sol 4 stars

#65 of 419 Holiday rentals in Albufeira

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Nice outside space and pool near to the centre and large room
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Really old fashioned, needs a refurb looks like the rooms have not had any update since the 80’s

Nice outside space and pool near to the centre and large room

Very good, I’d stay there again.

Nothing springs to mind.

Location was very good, the bar and cake shop were very good, staff were excellent and clendliness was very good, I thought that the room only at over £150 per night was a little pricy, but overall I’d stay there again.

Spotlessly clean but poor wifi
    • Studio with Pool View

The only bad thing was the Wifi was very very poor. We had to pay an extra charge and it was still very bad...couldnt book tickets on it without losing connection

Spotlessly clean..great staff...lovely pool..good location between old and new town..very good facilities in the apartment with view of the pool

Rooms are very spacious.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Didn't like that you had to pay for a safe and wifi, this should be standard. Air conditioning didn't work properly and was left on blowing heat by the maintenance engineer. Eventually did get fixed

Rooms are very spacious. Beds are comfortable. Plenty of sun beds and the hotel is spotless. Staff are very polite and helpful

Huge hotel!
    • Studio with Pool View

WiFi is not included in the room rate, cleaners don't do the dishes and there is no soup nor sponge to do it yourself. Overall I think the hotel it's pricy considering the services provided (No WiFi, breakfast).

Cleanness, spacious rooms. The facilities are great: swimming pool, mini golf area etc. I personally prefer smaller hotels with a more homy feeling.

Flat with Balcony.
    • Standard Studio

You have to pay to use the Wifi

Flat with Balcony. Unfortunately we got the Flat in front of the parking place. For the price (we got the last Studio available), we were highly satisfied with the room and service. 2 Swimmingpool: 1 Outdoor 1 Indoor. The Indoor Swimmingpool is closing at the end of April. Both Pool are only opened until 20h30.

Have visited several times and will have booked again - speaks for itself.
    • Studio with Pool View

Kitchen table and electric hob needed replacing. I understand the hotel is due to be refurbished in November so accepted that.

The size of the room. The cleanliness. The staff very helpful. Central location.

Lovely stay would definitely visit again
    • Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Sounds ridiculous but the pool was ice cold, although it may be because we visited in April. The pool bar food was terrible but there are beautiful bakery's close by and MCDonalds across the road

It was Spotlessly clean, with beautiful pools and located beside a big supermarket with everything you would need for self catering, it was about a 10 minute walk to the old town

Three stars at best
    • Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

There was no free wifi anywhere in the property. There was no freezer compartment in the fridge and there was a charge for ice cubes from the snack bar. The hotel was quite noisy. There was a diner buffet advertised on a tv at reception and a poster at the front. There was however no diner buffet when I asked at reception. They said they only put it on when there is a large group. My bedroom window was at the front onto the main road which was a bit noisy. The noise from room to room was not great as it was very easy to hear people about, furniture being moved and doors being shut. Not great value for money. Quite disappointed as the hotel is quite dated and not up to the standard I expected for the money I paid.

The bathroom was modern and well decorated. The apartment spacious and there were two tv's. One in bedroom and one in the lounge. The maid service was daily and very good.

Cleanliness , comfort, pool area, patisserie, location .
    • Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Staff not very engaging , quite unfriendly

Cleanliness , comfort, pool area, patisserie, location . Huge well equipped apartment, pool snack bar was very good choice reasonable prices

Because of the treatment received at the front desk we were left with a bad impression.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

The man at reception was rude and condescending. The heating/air conditioning system was so dirty that we had to turn it off because of allergies . Wifi not included in a four star hotel was unacceptable - price we were quoted was exorbitant .

The view of the ocean was very nice.

The stay was OK, but room was small and cold.
    • Standard Studio

Cold north east facing room with car park and supermarket view which they would not change despite trying to get another. I'm sure the rooms facing the pool would be far better. Microwave and fridge outdated and noisy NO wifi unless paying for it, which is a disgrace in this day and age.

The shower room was tremendous and easily the best one of my winter trip, and the location was as ideal for me.

A great hotel close to all amenities. Warm friendly and comfortable.

Everything was great.

I loved this hotel. It was close to old town and was within walking distance to the strip. The breakfast was great and the staff were friendly.

loved it and will be back very soon
    • Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Steer clear of the breakfast as it is overpriced and dry The juice is out of a carton When you can get a beautiful breakfast with fresh orange juice in the local cafes

Loved the gorgeous apartment

Fab Accommodation
    • Studio with Pool View

There is nothing to dislike.

This was our 4th stay and would not stay anywhere else. The Brisa Sol is spotlessly clean, the staff friendly & helpful and the beds super comfy. The location is ideal for exploring the area.Great Sea view from pool facing rooms. We will be back!

Great break, love forward to returning
    • Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

I would have liked wi-fi to have been available without charge.

The 1 bedroom apartment had plenty of room, was very clean and had enough equipment to suit our needs. The cleaning staff were pleasant and attended everyday. The beds were comfortable. There was air conditioning in the bedroom and the lounge/kitchen area.

A thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing stay
    • Studio with Pool View

The kitchenette lacked (a) washing-up materials; (b) coffee maker; and (c) there is only one plug meaning that you cannot boil the kettle and use the toaster at the same time.

The large balcony; closeness of shopping facilities

Fabulous
    • Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing the whole holiday was great.

The hotel, staff and facilities were fantastic. The location is brilliant right in the middle of the old town and new town with the train that brings you to both you can catch every 20 minutes just outside.

Very pleasant stay, in a big, nice, well equipped room
    • Studio with Pool View

Very minor things, I have: like after a week, I bored the same brekfast. Maybe the kitchen should have some dish soap, otherwise it was very well equipped.

Breakfast was great! The room was very comfortable, it was an apartmenet-like room, with a terrace, on the ground floor, and the pool-level. We had our own sunbeds. Very quiet people was visiting this plave, mostly English pensioners. Room was very vell equipped, and furnished in a nice style. The bathroom was just perfect. Staff was very kind, from the receptionists, the cleaners, and also in the café.

Perfect location

Pool was too cold.

Amazing sea view. Hotel is half way between old town and new town. Lovely patisserie shop next to hotel. Facilities in hotel good (pool and snack bar).

I enjoyed my stay at Brisa sol its local to all amenities cleanliness is first class
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

The bed arrangements. paying £250 a night i expected a more comfortable night sleep.2 single beds pushed together. having to pay £10 each for wifi which only connects to 1 device and limited TV channels

staff was very helpful and courteous

A very enjoyable stay

Had to get up early to get a sun bed around pool

Rooms comfortable cleaned everyday air conditioning very good had all you needed for a excellent holiday

Be carefull as some rooms have no balcony
    • Twin Room with Land View

No balcony with our room.. Spoke with reception and manager re change of room who told us we should have read the small print. Kept us going back each day to hin but never got room change as too busy.

Clean and modern

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Stayed here from 21st to the 28th of may and I couldn't...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Stayed here from 21st to the 28th of may and I couldn't find fault with this hotel. Apartment spotlessly clean, towels changed every day, polite staff, plenty sunbeds by the pool, and a great snack bar next to it. Supermarket right next door, and you are walking distance to old town and new. Will certainly be visiting this hotel again.

Unreal value for money
    • Standard Studio

The staff, especially at reception were top class. So helpful, they would do anything to help you out! Value for money, you won't find much better !

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

The bed was comfortable.
    • Standard Studio

It will be good to have a a coffee maker machine to the kitchen facilities. The spa area is available on extra price and no towels are offered, which will be good to be mentioned on the booking information.

The bed was comfortable. The parking is not covered but is private for the hotel guests and convenient. The swimming pools are clean, well maintained and equipped. Enough space for all guests in the outdoor area around the swimming pool.

value for money , great location , very clean.
    • Standard Studio

The beds were so uncomfortable that is my only issue .

The cleanliness could not be faulted excellent in all areas. The breakfast was value for the price we paid .location is perfect for both old town and the new town.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Nice hotel could do better
    • Standard Studio

Room was onto car park where the deliveries are made, very noisy early morning. WiFi charges in place ?? Free in even small bars, don't get it.

Sauna

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

We had a 1 bedroom apartment which was equipped with...
    • Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Unheated outdoor pool was too cold to be used. Such a lovely amenity but wasted at this time of year.

We had a 1 bedroom apartment which was equipped with everything we needed. It was very spacious and was cleaned every day. Excellent restaurant/cafe next door.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Warm and friendly staffs all over the place, you are treated like Royalty in the restaurant.
    • Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Wifi wasn't available for guest during our stay, we conplained, they listened and was rectified on the last day of our holidays as we simply pointed out to them that other smaller hotels have it free for the comfort of their guest.

The whole atmosphere is quiet relaxing and every staff is friendly and well mannered through out our stay. It is a good experience, will recommend it to friends any time any day.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Lovely hotel
    • Studio with Pool View

Beds could be more comfortable

Location and friendly staff, even gave my husband a bottle of champagne for his birthday, very thoughtful of them, would definitely stay here again

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

For a modern apartment with comfortable beds and no musty smell, don't stay here
    • Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Full payment for a 6 night stay was requested on arrival. Unusual I thought, as I always pay after my stay, but when at the Brisa Sol.... On the 3rd day of our stay my teenage daughter became ill with sunstroke and we considered leaving early. We stayed a 4th night to see how she recovered. I spoke to the manager, Joao Jose, who assured me it would be impossible to refund any money as we paid for 6 nights and as I could see from the ringing phones and people at the desk, they were still very busy. Well then, if there is so much desire to rent rooms it would be an easy task to rent the room we occupied. Impossible, Mr. Jose, or JJ as he called himself told me. He then went on to give me expert booking advice by telling me I needed to know how long I wanted to stay at a location and therefore book the stay for that duration. My daughter did recover for the most part so we continued our stay. The staff at Brisa Sol are exceptional at receiving payment, but are loathe at returning any funds, apparently under any circumstances. The beds are perfect if the desired comfort level is granite. Make sure to commission a masseuse for stays longer than 2 nights. Internet costs 1€ per device per 8 hour period. The computers the hotel provides are 1€ per 15 minutes and the connection is so bad I had 22 seconds remaining as I finished booking a modern hotel elsewhere. The gymnasium costs 3€ per person per session. The stationary bicycle and recumbant bicycle were not functioning the first day of my gym use. There was no offer to compensate me by the gentleman who received my 3€, but in fairness, the woman who arranged for my use the following day permitted me to use it gratis on that day. A key card is given out by staff for gym use and Mr. no refund, received my € on the following day and kept the card trapped on top of the desk with his hand until he thouroughly counted out the three euros.

The location was close to shopping and laundry and within a 10 minute walk to the beach.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Central location to old and new town, good amenities across...
    • Studio with Pool View

Beds are not that comfortable but no different to any resort hotel I've stayed in before. and considerable road noise this year. Oh and both indoor and outdoor pools are freezing!

Central location to old and new town, good amenities across the road and next door( pharmacy and supermarkets). Third visit to this hotel in as many years so that says it all. Apartment is huge!!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Studio with Pool View

We were not able to reserve a ground floor apartment for a possible future visit.

We like this hotel as it is located within easy walking distance to the old town & strip area of Albuferia. It is clean & comfortable and the service is excellent.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

I will definitely will be back again.
    • Standard Studio

There was nothing I found lacking.

My birthday was the day after I arrived and a bottle of Pink Champagne & card was in my bedroom when I returned to my apartment. All the staff were very pleasant. The cleaning of the apartment was excellent. I would gladly recommend it to my friends

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Wonderful brilliant
    • Studio with Pool View

Staff were very helpful in sorting our accommodation as some of our group have health conditions which made our holiday even more enjoyable. Well done Brisa Sol staff 😀

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Superb Hotel, Excellent Location, Amazing Staff
    • Studio with Pool View

There is nothing I didn't like about this hotel

The cleanliness of this hotel is second to none, the staff work non stop collecting rubbish, cutting back trees etc, Bed Linen and towels are changed every day and all of the staff are so helpful

Brilliant Brisa Sol

We liked it all

We liked the size and comfort of the room. We found the facilities excellent and loved the pool and cafe.

The rooms were very spacious
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Only recommendation would be for a proper kids club and mini disco

The rooms were very spacious

Hotel very clean
    • Standard Studio

Ground floor beside car park .

Restaurant

Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable staff.
    • Studio with Pool View

Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable staff. Place was clean, lovely pool and strong shower water pressure!

• Standard Studio

Customer service excellent. Paulo was very helpful

A bit of a disappointment
    • Standard Studio

Asked to pay for wi fi .use of gym and sauna.They wanted €3 each for gym and Additional €3 each for sauna

Good locaion

Had a great stay as always

N/a

Always like this hotel very friendly very clean breakfast great no bath in room but shower was excellent

Lovely, clean hotel with excellent facilities.
    • Standard Studio

The hotel was spotless. Very, very clean.

lovely hotel would stay there again
    • Standard Studio

lovely hotel very clean and centeral to new and old town

I've visited this area a hundred times and the same things still get the top marks. Location , staf

The weather!

Friendly staff, super clean rooms great amenities . Location, everything nearby . Supermarkets , bars , restaurants.

localization
    • Studio with Pool View

check out was 11am and refussed any option for late checkout. The staff in the check out was rude and unheplful.. no free internet

localization

Holiday
    • Twin Room with Land View

Clean, spacious and easy to get around

Really enjoyable stay!
    • Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Staff are really friendly, the apartments are big and exceptionally clean and the beds comfy, nothing negative to say!

Great place

The weather

Large rooms

Lovely winter break
    • Studio with Pool View

No evening entertainment but it was February

Clean, good location, friendly staff indoor pool large apartment

Would stay again but would ask for a room not looking onto car park
    • Standard Studio

Balcony over looked car park where delivery vans unloaded early in the morning

Very clean

Good

Pay for internet

Good location, nice pool area. Lacking in some other areas
    • Standard Studio

Bar area & restaurant. Decor very dated and not really a 4 star by uk standards.

Location, pool area

Very good value for money hotel

Bar a bit exspencive

Extent located lovely hotel very friendly

It's location

Bed sheets were not changed in 7 days

It's location

Very happy with hotel. Well appointed and convenient location
    • Standard One-Bedroom Apartment

Gym small and a charge to use

Lovely hotel.

I have stayed here a few times the staff are always helpful...
    • Standard Studio

I have stayed here a few times the staff are always helpful and facilities are excellent.

Another great break st this super hotel.

Everything was great.

Everything at the hotel as in previous visits.

Overall great impression

Separated beds

The staff was helpful after having problems with airconditioner and changed room ASAP

Good stay
    • Studio with Pool View

Very comfy bed and pillows. Good air con, good shower.

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Restaurant opened at 1930, although not a massive problem, earlier would have been better due to us having a one year old.

Excellent accommodation

Very nice
    • Studio with Pool View

Brilliant location. Pool view rooms very good

Great relaxing hotel
    • Standard Studio

Last minute stay. Staff were really helpful. Rescued us from a bad hotel

Nice clean place.
    • Studio with Pool View

Nice clean place. Good location close to beaches and great restaurants. Large pool.

Beautiful hotel
    • Standard Studio

I loved the massive shower was such a nice hotel spotless and beautiful

• One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

Brisa sol charged me twice for the stay and now I can not get my money back!!! Be careful !!!

Lovely hotel! Great location! Friendly staff, definitely worth the money!

Spa wasn't working properly :(

Very clean and tidy, lovely friendly staff! :)

We didn't eat in the hotel so don't know about...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment with Pool View

We didn't eat in the hotel so don't know about breakfast

Great place, very clean !!! Defo stay here

The pool was freezing

Very clean hotel and great pool, freezing mind you but very good for the kids. Rooms were huge. Would defo stay again.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Good location, very clean.
    • Studio with Pool View

Good location, very clean. cake shop to die for 😊 staff very friendly

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Brilliant hotel
    • Studio with Pool View

More signage for parents to supervise children especially in pool area

Location Decor Facilities Cleanliness Value for money

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Nice spacious apartment that was well appointed

No free wi fi

Nice spacious apartment that was well appointed

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Lovely hotel, would highly recommend.
    • Twin Room with Land View

Hotel is spotlessly clean and in a great location.