Reviews of Dom Jose Beach Hotel 3 stars

Avenida Infante Sagres Nº 143, 8125-157 Quarteira, Portugal

#3 of 9 hotels in Quarteira

Based on 1973 hotel reviews

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The location, it is on the beach and the view is spectacular. The staff is very friendly, the room was always clean and the breakfast was excelent and varied. Definitely worth it!

• Double or Twin Room

Nothing - Everything was perfect!

Clean modern rooms, friendly staff, wonderful breakfast great choice of food, location right next to the beach, pool area clean and well maintained, happy hour! 4 star service at a 3 star hotel, loved it!

• Double or Twin Room

Paying for the beach sunbed should have been free for guests of the hotel

Opposite great beach. Very friendly and helpful staff. Great breakfast. 24 hour service

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I got shouted at for not wearing shoes at breakfast. I don't like wearing shoes, especially on holiday. I also don't like to be shouted at.

It was right on the beach.

• Double or Twin Room

box room with no view, very stuffy. poor choice of food and had to pay for sun loungers on the beach that was part of the hotel.

very clean and location is perfect.

• Double or Twin Room

It was a bit on the expensive side, but there is nothing you can really complain about.

The property was very clean , good location , directly in front of the beach

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Very small room, the space to walk through between the bed and the dressing table to get to the balcony was tiny and very awkward. There were only 2 electric sockets available for charging phones etc. Despite paying extra for a sea view, room 132 was stuck in the corner of the building and indeed you could see the sea. However, the main view was of the roof of the bar, complete with cigarette ends and debris with the sea in the distance, see photo. The main corridor smelt of cigarettes, and disconcertingly the room facing was not in use and had brown tape sealing up the door? The hotel was extremely noisy in the morning. Happy hour? Was a joke, 3 items on the drinks menu were supposedly half price? Because of the dreadful unseasonable weather, we decided to cut our losses and were not sorry to leave a day early.

Location right on the sea front. Breakfast, good choice and replenishment was very efficient.

• Double or Twin Room

The beds and pillows are extremely uncomfortable, it was the worst night throughout our stay in the Algarve. Also, this hotel advertised free bike rental but they are 15e per day...disappointing.

Beautiful ocean view, great breakfast and center location.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

The balcony of the room with "partial see view" was behind stairs for emergency exit. The tap over the sink was broken (was corrected soon). The toilet was somehow broken as well, even if still usable.

The hotel was located on the beach. Nice view from the restaurant. Good breakfast.

My patio doors were not working properly which meant that I had to spend a night in another room. The on site repair man was not available to come and mend them that day....I was offered an alternative room for the evening and luckily enough my daughters were in another room so I was able to share with them, although I think that I could have been offered some money off my stay or vouchers for the bar. I also left at 7.30am and was not offered a take away breakfast. This is partly my fault, as I should have asked for one! although it would have been courteous to have been offered.

The staff were friendly, helpful and able to help with any questions. I had a sea facing bedroom which was comfortable and plenty of room for me. The hotel is in a perfect position for the beach. The only complaint I have is that the marina is a good 25 mins walk from the hotel, which is where the best restaurants are. Worth the walk. My stay included breakfast, there was plenty to choose from!

• Double or Twin Room

This place has alll the facilities I needed. I was especially content with the variety of food at breakfast and the comfortable beds - I slept like a baby, not the crying kind ;).

Everything about the hotel was fantastic. Staff really friendly and helpful. Very clean and food was excellent. Would definitely come again.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I asked for a specially nice room as it was hubbys 40th and we were getting 3 nights away from our 3 young children as a treat. Dom Jose gave us a delightful (NOT) room opposite the first floor lifts. Ding ding ding all night and all morning. Cleaners start their noisy cleaning way too early. Would have got more sleep at home. Not much in way of entertainment.

Breakfast is good. Staff at breakfast and front desk are really nice. The fridge in the room is a nice touch.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Bedrooms are a little on the small side but the seating areas around the hotel are many and excellent with a very friendly staff managing and responding to every wish.

the overall excellence of this hotel and general area was very much what was advertised and lived up totally to the expectations we had in consequence. we have had a wonderful holiday. the food in the hotel was varied and catered for all tastes

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Can’t fault the hotel at all. Perfect location right by the beach. Very friendly staff, very clean. Always room around the Poole for sun beds. Easy walking distance to neighbouring Villamoura, suited our needs perfectly, this was our 2nd visit to this hotel and love to return again soon. Bonus now that mini fridge and tea/coffee making facilities are available in the room, that wasn’t there last year.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Dont charge for teabags ! Rooms too small to fit comfy chairs . Lesser charge to keep room on day of check out or share room with others with timed for shower as we have done in other hotels if late flight home . Improve quality of main meal in the evening .

Fantastic position across Car free Prom to the beach . Extremely clean Hotel . Great Breakfast , evening meal mains could be improved with far more veg .Good Salad bar and cold desserts and fruit . Sun beds on beach eu 8 at the moment rising to 14 in June . Small pool with sunbeds , kept very clean as are the hotel lounge and terrace . Down points ... charge 1.50 eu PER TEABAG OR COFFEE in ur room ! Needless to say we took our own as there is a kettle .Never have we had to do that, pay for teabag ! No comfy chairs to sit in room just one hardback dining type chair .Same on balcony with small table also .We paid extra for sea view . Charging Eur 30 to keep room for three hours extra ,day of checking out and no changing /wahing facilities if late flight ,but do have case storage . We would go again for the postion and plus points . Good to know what to expect then your not disappointed .

Nothing to dislike

Breakfast was great. Plenty of food and a great variety. Beach just outside the hotel. Villamoura easily walkable. I would recommend this hotel. Should be more than 3 star. Plenty of bars and restaurants nearby. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The banging of the hallway door during the night was very loud and very annoying. Our room was just a bit up from the stair door that led to our room. The door needs to having something done so it closes quieter. Rooms aren't very soundproof. For the amount we paid per night, I wouldn't expect this.

All staff very good, nothing too much trouble. Receptionist was very helpful on our checkout when our transfer didn't turn up.

• Double or Twin Room

As always a challenge to get a sun lounger by the pool but that is the same for any holiday I have ever been on.

The hotel was just excellent, such value for money. The staff are really friendly, everywhere is spotless and the location, so close to the beach, is outstanding. We were there for the Tribal Clash comp and it was fabulous to be able to walk to and from the comp between heats (about a 20 minute walk each way). The reception staff were super helpful, we switched rooms to one with a balcony for our last two nights, which made the stay even better!

• Single Room with Sea View

Teabags not replenished in room after day 1. Cost for 2 teabags and milk 1.50€ was a bit excessive!

The food in nearby restaurants was very good, especially fish and seafood.Cataplana - brilliant

• Double or Twin Room

It's a tiny thing but there wasn't much surface space in the bathroom - a wider shelf would be a great addition.

Fantastic stay at the hotel. The bed was really comfortable and everything in the room was great. Breakfast was excellent. Location couldn't be better. The staff were great - particularly the bar staff. There was a large group of us there and each night the bar staff were attentive and great fun.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I asked for a room on the top floor with sea view and they gave me the 7th floor room - ask for the same because the view is priceless! Overall the hotel is very good for a three-star establishment. Everything was above and beyond my expectations. Book it now as it gets full very quickly, and book the upper rooms and pay extra for the sea view because it's gorgeous!

Nothing really.

Very friendly and approachable staff, they gave me a bottle of bubbly on my birthday (I didn't even tell them neither did anyone I was staying with so that was a very pleasant surprise), location is perfect right in front of the beach and close to nice restaurants, rooms are good for a three star hotel, breakfast is very good with plenty of options to choose from, we had a very early flight on the morning we left so they pre-packed a light breakfast for us and ordered our taxi which was great, overall a wonderful stay at a wonderful hotel - I booked this hotel after reading the reviews and I was not disappointed; go ahead take my advice and book this hotel!

• Double or Twin Room

Just everything was perfect! The location, the room, the staff everything was like how we hoped! We don’t understand why this hotel doesn’t have 4 stars! They deserve it! Thanks Dom Jose Hotel! See you soon! ❤️

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Perfect location right on lovely traffic free promenade great sandy beach great views. Everything about the Dom Jose was excellent including all the staff. Hope to return soon.

• Double or Twin Room

Very nice beach hotel, just on the promenade. You can enjoy the sunset at the terrase. Extremely wide choice for breakfast with sufficient space for guests, even in the peak hours.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

on booking in the hotel had not the half board ordered with booking.com they tried to sell us evening meal for 16 euros per person when I produced my paperwork they relised that their computer had the wrong information. this was the only iccup. they presented me with a bottle of sparkling wine in a ice bucket and a bowl of fruit and various nuts for my birthday, excellent.

• Double or Twin Room

Would prefer different selection of items for breakfast. Also, we had late flight but was not able to get late checkout. There was no facilities to freshen up after check out.

Close to beach and local restaurants and shops

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The nice pool could be heated. The very good food on dinner could be more Portuguese and less “international”

Modern hotel very well renovated , very nice location on the beach, big superior rooms perfect for 2 children families , very clean. Very good breakfast and dinner.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Being expected to pay for the tea facilities in the room. I have never experienced that before in any hotel that I have stayed in.

The hotel's easy access to the beach, restaurants and cafe's close by and all on the flat which if you have mobility problems was a bonus for me. Staff were friendly, room cleaned every day and the restaurant and choice of food was very good.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The beds were a bit too firm, would have enjoyed a better sleep if the beds were a little bit softer

The room was lovely, clean and well equipped, we appreciated the hairdryer, and also the kettle for an early morning cup of tea. We had a beautiful view from the balcony overlooking a clean and tidy beach

Cold pool 😟

Love staying at the Dom Jose friendly staff... it’s a shame we now have to pay for the gym I would use it more if it was still free to use... always have a balcony as I love the view and listening to the sea beautiful thank you...

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The bed wasn’t really comfortable, the pillows need replacing & disappointed with having to pay for tea/coffee in rooms. The availability of towels for loungers would be an addition to the hotel.

Staff were friendly & helpful, breakfast was good & plenty of food. Plenty of seating area in lounge/ foyer area. Nice atmosphere around hotel.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The weather (but that's not the hotels fault)

Friendly staff, very clean hotel, nice room - bar - fitness - mini-golf etc. Great view and neighborhood. Surprise for my birthday offered by the hotel (bottle of espumante)!

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

All was excellent and more. We have been coming to same hotel for quite a number of years and have always been made extremely welcome. The staff now know us and always makes sure we have everything that we need.

• Double or Twin Room

We really enjoyed our stay- the bed was comfy, the complimentary toiletries were of an excellent quality and we did comment to each other on just how clean the whole hotel was. We were very impressed

• Double or Twin Room

Air condtion was a bit difficult to use and quite high to reach

The location was fantactic. Requested a late check out which was honoured. Breakfast was excellent . Good variety. Staff and other holiday makers were very friendly and welcoming .lovley hotel

• Double or Twin Room

Room was not cleaned on the first day at all... also, the whole time I was there there was a dump smell coming through the shower, seeing as the room was tiny it was taking over the whole space...

Breakfast buffet and dinner was great and good value. Beach just steps away from the hotel. Only 20-30mins from the airport.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Partial Sea View

Little too much noise quite early in the morning , guess it was cleaners preparing the rooms next door but a little too much banging and moving of furniture but that’s it really.

I loved the hotel the location is perfect, close proximity to everything, taxis only 1 minute walk , beach two steps away outside, lovely big room, staff were super friendly always made sure our room was clean and tidy, they always said hello and good morning made us feel comfortable. Had a fabulous massage done down in the well-being room even gave her more than it cost as she done a very good job.

• Double or Twin Room

We didn’t book a room with sea view and unfortunately were not able to upgrade even though there was a sign at reception inviting us to ask. When we asked we were very bluntly told it wasn’t possible as there was no availability during the week we were there. This was without even checking the bookings.

Great variety and choice of food for breakfast and dinner

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms weren’t soundproof - could hear our neighbours conversations and everyone who walked outside our door. All of the TV channels were either the news or a foreign language.

Nice buffet dinner.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

A minor complaint but staff were taking plates etc. away whilst we were still at the table.

Staff were extremely helpful, happy and polite. We ate in for two evenings and the food variety and quality were excellent.

Everything was good.

We were upgraded to a suite room with an amazing balcony with views of the ocean. We had mentioned we were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary and they brought champagne and a huge tray of beautifully presented fruit. The included breakfast was huge and very good. Had the dinner buffet the night before and especially liked all the fresh salads.

Everything was good

Superb hotel with friendly staff brilliant access to the beach stunning views and the hotel is clean with a lovely bar area, great value for money

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Although Booking.com stated that full payment is requested at check-in the hotel had already charged my credit card when I had wanted to pay cash. They eventually refunded to my card which, of course, meant I was charged two lots of exchange fees!

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Quarteira overall, older tourists, not much to do

Breakfast was great, room really comfortable and with a beautiful view on the beach. Really cost/price relation

Room, at the back had a bit of a damp feel and was a bit dark.

Good value for money. Beach location with use of pool , friendly staff, good facilities e.g. Hire of bikes and gymn. Near bus station for exploring the area and plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The hotel was very clean and modern. It's location was ideal for us - not too far from the airport, close to the sea and within easy access of a beautiful beach to walk along. The staff were at all times, friendly and helpful. We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening but the breakfast buffet offered a fantastic choice.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

I really can't think of anything.

When you first enter the hotel you panic a little, until you open the door into the interior of the hotel. This is due to the origin entrance, (which is now on a pedestrian beach promenade) changing the entrance to what would have been the back entrance. I can not praise this hotel enough, and all the staff try their hardest to make your stay as enjoyable, and comfortable as possible. The Buffett breakfast ranged from continental to full English breakfast. The Buffett breakfast whilst we were there even included English style pancakes. Being situated on the pedestrian beach front is such a bonus. There is even a well equipped gym in this hotel.

view

everything was good, service great, room and bathroom very good and well thought out. Location perfect. The Hotel is more 4 star than 3. and i would recommend it to everyone for a holiday and or business.

• Double or Twin Room

Everything was excellent, food for breakfast, cleanliness of hotel and the attitude of all staff. a real great week. All questions we asked were answered with no problem and they gave us advice of places to visit

There is Nothing that I didn't like

I cannot speak highly enough about this Hotel This is the third time I have stayed and each time it has been an absolute pleasure This time more so as the television had 4 English speaking channels which was a real bonus !!!! It is immaculate , staff are exceptionally pleasant ,rooms are very comfortable I think it should be rated a much higher rate than 3 * It is so convenient for bus station , shops and is right at the beach ,It is just wonderful and I cannot wait until my next stay here.

• Double or Twin Room

I honestly can’t think of anything that needs improvement

Food excellent especially the roasted tomatoes at breakfast 👍🏻. Beautiful and immaculate in all areas. Lovely cocktails. Had the best mojito ever I cannot fault this hotel or the staff in any way. Would highly recommend 😀

• Double or Twin Room

Lovely sea views from our balcony, no traffic going past as there was a paved broadwalk between the hotel and beach, we will be back, and would recommend a visit.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The room sizes could’ve been a little bigger.

Couldn’t have asked for a better location. Incredible location and the staff is so very helpful! Loved every minute of it.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

If I had to think of one thing it was the lack of the kettle and coffee tea in the rooms. It appeared on the last day and you had only the 1st tea bag free. Very strange indeed.

Location location location seriously after spending the best part of a week walking around this hotel is by far the best for location, services and atmosphere. We arrived 4 hours early and the staff upgraded me to a better room as it was ready to use. They went out of their way to make our stay memorable.

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Great hotel. Came for one week but hotel and location was so good that we have ended up staying almost a month, in fact we are still there. Superb position right on the seafront. Seaview rooms are well worth the extra. Food good, staff are friendly and very helpful. Will definitely come again.

• Double or Twin Room

We had to upgrade twice to find a decent size room first room was exceptionally small balcony was suitable for 1 person 2with a tight squeeze .the room was not cleaned properly dust lots of it and oily finger prints on headboard after paying more money to move to a superior room view and balcony was great but lots of dust in room after pointing this out to the older cleaning lady it was still not cleaned .reception staff were helpful and friendly except the older lady she was very unfriendly .Bar staff were very helpful and friendly.

Breakfast just okay

Spotlessly clean. Friendly, helpful staff.. Great location. Surprise bottle of wine and fruit platter delivered to our room for my husbands birthday, Very nice touch!

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

During our stay, we were the only young guest in the hotel. Mainly retired guests were there which was very surprising however it is not the hotel's fault.

The hotel is on the beach, it is very close. We were sleeping with open balcony door and the sound of the ocean was great. It is a great location to start your trip in the region of Algarve.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

No drop off area outside front door, fee of 8 euro per day to use secure parking, Fee to pay to use security box in room, towels dated, no iron available in hotel, TV channels in foreign language

• Single Room with Sea View

Charged €4 for pot of tea as I asked for an extra teabag.No tea or coffee in room no drink (water)with evening meal.Nothing arranged re. my allergies.Ill 4 days re. food and one day migraine.Room servicing hit and miss .When complained told to buy at bar.

• Single Room with Sea View

Nothing to fault but perhaps a jacuzzi and heated swimming pool should be added in future:) something to think of

Staff, clean rooms, amazing views, everything, i am returning for many years here :) love this hotel and staff is amazing, excellent customer service

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Very noisy room where you hear a lot the people walking in the hallway and the slamming doors from other rooms. We also heard a lot the TV and the steps of the people in the room above us. Very small bathroom with very little flat surface to put our stuff.

In front of the beach, in a very quiet environment. Good price/quality ratio.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Thin walls and the room doors are not closed perfectly that’s why you can hear what is your neighbors speaking. Smelly bathrooms (bad smell coming from the toilet all the time)

Location, nice breakfast, ocean view, clean hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Food wasn't very good. Evening buffet was way below average and at €18 overpriced. At breakfast the staff were slow at replenishing food and not very friendly when asked for items to be brought out! Also happy hour in the bar was held way too early, 6 till 7 o'clock most people are just getting ready for the night out.

Fabulous views but only if you paid extra. Bar staff were excellent, friendly and welcoming. Good central location.

• Double or Twin Room

Room was late being made up each day. Room staff need to pay more attention to detail, glasses not cleaned etc.Beds not made properly. Found it shameful the number of people taking food from breakfast buffet for lunch. No fridges in the rooms

Excellent position for beach, Bus station and restaurants

• Double or Twin Room

The coffee at breakfast is not to our taste but there are plenty of alternative drinks available

This was our third time staying here and we've already booked a fourth. Excellent staff, excellent breakfast with a huge choice of food - a master class in mass catering, comfortable room, great location on the beach front and a very short walk to the bus station.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Double or Twin Room

I didn't like the buffet dinner it lacks variety and there's was no sauna facilities.

The bed were comfy, hotel was very clean and the beach infront of the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The guests in the room above me dropped items of their floor several times after midnight and it was loud enough for me to hear and wake me up. The walking space /distance between the bed and the dressing table is just a little bit too small Apart from that the balcony and sea view are spectacular.

Loved the choice of pillows.

The pillows where little bit too stuffed with fluffy stuff.

Great value hotel and prime location. Very good breakfast. We stayed one night but would have stayed longer if possible. Close to parking and Restaurants. Good beds.

Not a thing. Perfect Hotel in my opinion

Excellent Hotel, beautifully clean, wonderful friendly staff, great breakfast choices, right on the beach. You could pay four times this price in Vilamoura at this time of year (December) and not be as nice. The walk takes about 15-20 minutes along the seafront to Vilamoura but Quarteira is more traditional Portuguese and cheaper cafe, bars and restaurants. I stayed four nights and will definitely return without question.

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel swimming pool was far too cold, sea was much warmer than a pool. Never seen a smile on the bar staff face!!

We liked the quite location and beach just across the hotel. Breakfast was really good

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

Food was rather average and not hot enough for hot breakfast meals and also the one evening meal we tried - we were bed and breakfast.

Comfortable bed and room

• Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The room/hallway was a bit dated. It could definitely use some upgrades. We were encouraged to use our safe, but the lock was missing.

The hotel lobby/bar/dining area was very nice. The views were perfect and conveniently located along the walking area on the beach. Our room was ocean front and we enjoyed sitting on our balcony for great views of sunset. The breakfast was included and was very good. We had the buffet for dinner one night and was good...pricey, but good.

Browse Dom Jose Beach Hotel traveller photo gallery