Reviews of TURIM Restauradores Hotel 3 stars

Rua Da Glória, 9, Santo Antonio, 1250-114 Lisbon, Portugal

#216 of 329 hotels in Lisbon

6.2

After the first night I woke up and I was all bitten by some...

After the first night I woke up and I was all bitten by some insect. I asked them to change the sheet. Second night was ok but the last night I got bitten again and I’m not talking about mosquitoes

Excellent location, small rooms, poor beeakfast

could not be opened fully due to the bed was in its way, sitting on toilet in bathroom not possible at closed door due to door not allowing to do so...), poor breakfast w/ no fruits etc., very expensive for money

Friendly staff, location excellent, public transport and airport bus easily accessible room extremely small (toilet „door“

Worth paying extra for a better hotel

The room was tiny and the 'bathroom' was quite literally a corner of the room! Air conditioning was terrible, room needed decorating, bed uncomfortable

Location was the only good thing about the hotel

Overpriced, cockroach in the room...
    • Superior Twin Room

Wifi very slow and unreliable Breakfast not worth it (10 Euro) Rooms old and run down No basic amenities (kettle, tissues, even glasses!) in the room My colleague even had a huge cockroach in the room! Hotel totally overpriced, 150 Euro per night is ridiculous for the room

Location is great, very central in Lisbon

There were bugs in the bathroom

There were bugs in the bathroom There was a leak in the ceiling in our room by the tv and when I reported it on check out they already knew about it!! The ladies bathroom on the ground floor for public use wasn’t clean and the hotel just need a bit of help as most of their skirtings where chipped and falling apart. The breakfast was average but the fact that you still had to pay for eggs? How does the hotel not offer WiFi??? The most bizarre?!?! The bed was so uncomfortable due to the spring mattress... It was our last night in Portugal after spending two weeks and we chose to spend our last night in Lisbon with ‘great location’ so we wouldn’t need the metro .... it’s just disappointing.... as for the price paid compared to other properties I have stayed at .... the photos on the bookings.com website are just so deceiving... we were basically staying in a shoebox....

Well located!
    • Superior Twin Room

Frigo bar is empty. If you ask for water, you have ti go to the hotel’s bar and you have to pay immediately, not possible to put on the room. Towels are old and ruined.

Well located! Size of the room confortable.

The hotel was very centrally located in the city.
    • Superior Twin Room

The room was very outdated and in dire need of renovation. The bed was not comfortable. I was lying literally on the springs of the mattress. Furthermore, the wallpaper was letting loose and the laminate flooring was not in the best shape anymore. The internet wasn’t fast and the connection wasn’t stable. Also, it is very easy to hear the guest upstairs walking around (as if they were in the same room). In all, I wouldn’t stay at this hotel for the price paid.

The hotel was very centrally located in the city. It is at walking distance from the main highlights.

Perfect location, less than perfect hotel.

The room was very small. There was no access to WiFi in the rooms, which was very surprising in a hotel in the middle of the city. We thought breakfast was included in the price, but it wasn’t. We decided not to add breakfast on to our bill because the menu was very limited. We had breakfast at several restaurants located nearby.

The location is fabulous, right in the middle of the exclusive luxurious section of the city and the “action”. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

great staff, great location, crummy and tiny room, no wifi

Rm 207 is a disaster.clean, good lighting but cracked walls, floor, door no room to put anything Bathroom tiny, tiny shower, NO INTERNET in rm must use lobby which is inconvenient.Room needs overhaul

Staff were extra helpful, especially Margarita location of property was very convenient

I booked room using genius for discount.

At the reception we were not warned that discount was only for pizza from menu. And we didn't check it by ourself, since we very tired. So, please pay attention that welcome drink has a time limit and to the details of discount in restaurant. There was no internet in room. And at the corridor whole night was playing some soft music which can make you wake up earlier. TV in room were not working.

I booked room using genius for discount. Location is very good. At the check-in we got ticket for free drink and discount for restaurant -10%. I got also two keys, second one is to keep air-condition working. Reception is working 24 hours per day.

No wifi in the room!

No wifi in the room!! There’s a free welcome drink but charge us 4 euros and did not tell us juice is out the range!! And the staff’s attitude is terrible!! The wash basin is unreasonable even can’t wash face!

Great location in Lisbon
    • Superior Twin Room

Personally I’m not a fan of glass doors between the toilet and the bedroom. WiFi wasn’t stable and felt a bit unsecured.

The location is great! Easy walking distance to anything you want to see in Lisbon. I liked the bed and the AC in the room was just right.

Excellent location.
    • Superior Twin Room

Excellent location..next to yellow tram start point...middle of the city...good rooms...next to shopping street's..what not..just go for it

Good short stay hotel in an excellent location in the center of Lisbon

Rather a soulless place to stay and expensive for what it is. I didn't enjoy my time in Lisbon which has perhaps influenced my view. I have stayed at other locations in the city and enjoyed the experience much more.

The strength of this hotel is its location which provides a really convenient base for a long weekend in Lisbon. The rooms are basic but have modern fittings and are kept very clean. The hotel staff were also flexible on arranging a later checkout and a taxi to take me back to the airport.

We had a pleasant experience.
    • Superior Twin Room

There was no tea or coffee making facilities in the room.

The beds were comfy. The staff were very friendly. Breakfast was good & the bar was good. The location was also good.

Great location and quiet room for a very central location...

No WiFi above first floor, very small bathroom and breakfast was expensive.

Great location and quiet room for a very central location nice and clean hotel with helpful staff.

Don’t be fooled by the outside

No Wi-fi in the bedroom. TV v small and poor reception for some channels.

Smart hotel, immaculately clean and in a good location. The street outside is a little shabby but don’t be fooled by that. Staff polite. Good shower, comfortable beds

They were very unfair and didn’t go by their own prices online. I needed to add an extra night and instead of giving me the price that’s posted online at that time they were charging me same price I had booked the first night with, which was more than the extra night. I had to book the room under my friend’s name to get the posted price.

The hotel location is everything. The windows of this old hotel have been upgraded so it is quiet.

Even the weather was excellent. I didn't like our short time here.

Hotel location is everything in this city. We are a 3 minute walk to a major plaza which is a hub for metro and bus connections. We are 10 minute walk from a second major plaza and 15 minute walk from a third plaza transportation hub. The plazas sometimes have special food courts with music and drinks. The near by restaurants have outdoor seating , fantastic seafoods, and reasonsble prices. We loved the relaxed life style in Lisbon. Ten nights in our hotel would have been ideal to fully absorb the beauty and elegance of this city!!

Ok for overnight stay.

Wifi did not function in room. Only in hotel lobby area. Some information in room about breakfast time, restaurant would be helpful.

Staff helpful. Restaurant good.

Ok if a little ripped-off
    • Superior Twin Room

The price. The room was very very basic. That would have been fine if the room rate we paid hadn’t been almost €200 per night (€192 to be exact)

The hotel bar and the WiFi were good but not good enough to justify the extortionate room rate.

Pleasant night

The bed was smaller than expected and there was no coffee pot in the room. We generally never watch tv in hotels, but the reception on the local station was pretty snowy.

Checkin was very easy. We enjoyed the hotel bar, had good service and nice ambiance. The taxi to the airport was easily booked and paid for (in cash) at the reception desk. Connecting to the free wifi was quick and easy.

Somewhere in Lisbon not to stay

On arrival I made a simple request. Can I have an extra pillow as there was only one in the room. 3 requests and ten hours later I finally got it with a very bad feeling from the staff. Then I happened to ask why there was no toiletries. Obvious. I didn't ask for any.

It's only good point was it's location

Excellent location to disvover Lisbon, good value for money...

The rooms are quite small and very dark (tiny window). Also quite poor noise insulation.

Excellent location to disvover Lisbon, good value for money and good breakfast.

Great Located

Small TV; No view outside our window at all; the room is kind small compared to its toilet; Pricy.

Location! Close to many attractions. Large toilet. Friendly staffs.

Very good location, good value for money.
    • Superior Twin Room

The smell of the room!! And the smell of the bathroom in particularly. Our room was right next to the technic room and the stairs (which I couldn't use, it looked "out of order"), so every morning it was quite noisy.

I loved the location, the size of the room was ok and the bed comfortable.

Great budget hotel in a great location.

A steep hill up the tramway to get there.

This property is in an excellent location, and although we had trouble finding it at first, it was handy to everything, especially restauradoros station and the funicular. The staff were friendly and helpful and the facilities, though basic were clean. It was quiet so we slept well. Breakfast was basic, but good for a budget hotel.

The shower head wouldn't stay up, after mentioning it at...

Every morning there was always sounds of vacuum cleaning, upside: it's very clean.

The shower head wouldn't stay up, after mentioning it at the front desk it was swiftly repaired.

Excellent hotel in a brilliant location and worth the money.

Room was a bit small but not really an issue. Wifi only seemed to work on the ground floor. Air conditioning a little noisy.

Room had pretty good view over the city from the (small) balcony. Interior very modern and clean. Staff helpful and very friendly. Proper bar as opposed to usual small corner converted. Not too busy, seemed to be guests only. Restaurant fine, food good and decent price (but view onto street a bit dull). Location excellent and only a minutes walk to the funicular to Bairro Alto. Quiet neighbourhood.

Perfect location to explore Lisbon and loads of good restuarants nearby. Good facilities and good se
    • Superior Twin Room

Did not eat in restaurant because menu wasn't inspiring but understood it was good quality. Room was a little small with only 1 seat.

Fantastic location with Metro and mainline station very close and also the Gloria Elevator. Good facilities and very nice bar with great bar staff.

Stay that exceeded expectations in the heart of a beautiful city

Leaving! We wish we could have stayed longer.

The service exceeded our expectations in every way. Everyone was kind and empathetic. We left to discover Porto and forgot to put the sign to have the room cleaned. I emailed the general email and Tiago answered in minutes; he told us that it would be cleaned.

Good location, clean hotel
    • Superior Twin Room

Wifi is not working in the rooms and they says you can use in the lobby but it is not working in the lobby Central Air condition is not working, at 30C still it is cold... Breakfast is poor. Lift is not working well, you should wait 4-5 min for each self. No plugs around the beds. You should use opposite Wall.

Good location, clean hotel

Good location.
    • Superior Twin Room

Strange noise from the electricity generator, which we couldn’t switch off during a long time. Turning off the card, we would not be able to charge our phones but then we could get rid of this noise, or leaving the card turned on we could charge our phones but would not be able to sleep with this noise. At night it was quite cold but there were no warm blankets. My partner was alright, but I got very cold and could not sleep properly.

Good location. Attentive personnel.

OK
    • Superior Twin Room

Even though I booked twin room, we received double and had to share one bed with collegue whoch was akward. The room was pretty small and noisy as the window overlooked the busy street with tram.

The staff was really very helpful and friendly.

Staff lovely and helpful. Quiet stay . We would consider coming again if returning to Lisbon. Thank

Could do with bottled water in room.

For the price it was all excellent. Maid service excellent. Facilities basic and all you needed. Fantastic position for exploring Lisbon.

Great hotel..lovely helpful staff
    • Superior Twin Room

A kettle in the room to make tea or coffee.

Staff at reception and bar were very helpful..above and beyod usual service. Lovely hotel, great location.

Overall, except for price of breakfast, the hotel was well situated and very comfortable.
    • Superior Twin Room

Price of breakfast at €10.00 each! Most expensive of our whole trip.

very comfortable beds, wonderful power shower, staff extremely helpful an friendly. Our booking did not include breakfast but at €10.00 each was rather expensive.

I asked for a quiet room and was put into one on the second...
    • Superior Twin Room

I asked for a quiet room and was put into one on the second floor right on the street!!! Thank goodness for earplugs as one of the trams runs up a hill just 100 feet away!

A great location for a city break - an excellent base for exploring the city.

The restaurant had a few gaps in the menu on the evening that we went, but what we had was fine, and there was a nice buzzy atmosphere.

We enjoyed the combination of quiet, comfort and easy access to the Rossio and Bairro Alto districts. The room was simple but practical, with all that we needed, and even had a view of the Castelo. For an evening in, the restaurant is simple but pleasant and the bar very good - a nice comfortable ambience.

A most enjoyable city break in a very convenient location.

The Wifi was very variable and sometimes didn't work. Although room had all facilities with comfy bed it was a bit "basic". We thought the translucent bathroom door with no catch or lock rather strange!

Breakfast was wonderful! Very good bar with great prices (Happy Hour 5 - 8 p.m.) The restaurant is also great value for money with lovely food. Fantastic location for Metro and city sightseeing. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Great Hotel in great location.
    • Superior Twin Room

Wifi in rooms is a bit intermittent.

Excellent hotel in excellent location. It is just off from Restauradores square in a very quiet street with virtually no traffic. It is near Restauradores metro station with easy connection to airport by Metro. The staff are very helpful and friendly and all seem to speak English. Hotel is just by the ascensor da Gloria tram that can take you up the steep hill to a park with good views over Lisbon.

Convenient location
    • Superior Twin Room

The hotel is located in a side street, close to the centre of town and 2 minutes from the funicular to Barrio Alto. The external aspect of the hotel is not so good...graffiti on the walls, but the inside is nice enough. Check in was efficient and friendly. Restaurant was disappointing, as it was the weekend they were only offering an "all you can eat" deal, no ala carte so we ate out. Bar was good. Rooms were comfortable (albeit a bit cozy) with good shower. Wifi was OK. Our room had a "view" of the wall of the next building. Wasn't the cheapest, but given the location was reasonable value for money I thought.

Great location, comfy bed, hot water & decent shower,...

Had expected tea & coffee making facilities in room - definitely needed

Great location, comfy bed, hot water & decent shower, relaxed hotel bar

Awesome Location. Would book again!

The WI-FI only works in the hotel lobby. However, it is not a real minus point. When you are on a city trip you leave the hotel in the morning and come back late at night so that you only want to hit the bed. Under these circumstances you don't really need the Wi-Fi.

The main point for this hotel is the location. It is in the city center and you can go to each sightseeing location by foot. Additionally the metro is like 50m away which makes the transfer to the airport very easy. The staff is also very helpful. We had a medical accident and the receptionist did everything so that we got some painkillers.

Excellent short stay in Lisbon City Centre!
    • Superior Twin Room

The sound from the generator on the first floor was quite noisy.

Excellent location right in the centre of Lisbon! Good size, clean rooms. Paid to have the breakfast on 2 mornings and it was excellent value for money!

Clean friendly hotel right next to Gloria tram.

Key card for room kept needing resetting at reception. No coffee making facilities in room.

Clean hotel in great location. Nice bar with friendly staff.

The only advantage is the location.
    • Superior Twin Room

The wifi is only guaranteed in public place!!!! The network is not even available in my own phone. I was even waken up by cockroach......... bad experience, the worst!

The only advantage is the location.

Helpful workers, very good morning coffee.

There was a strange long lasting kind of loud quarrel between the receptionists in the lobby which felt quite strange... The water in the tub didn't run out normally and after Bering taken care of the situation still was the same. The promised Wi-Fi didn't function in the room.

Helpful workers, very good morning coffee.

excellent location...booking ahead was way better price than at the counter
    • Superior Twin Room

the service in the bar was terrible...with no one else in there, we had to go get the bartender several nights with different people on duty. they must like to be on their phone in the back!

breakfast was just excellent.

Solid one in perfect location
    • Superior Twin Room

Breakfasts were so so, doors to bathroom made of glass and not soundproof at all. Bathroom should be a private place. There should be chargers near bad not far away near window and doors...

Location was perfect, hotel and rooms clean, nice bar

Great location. Everything else could be better for this price.

No wifi in the rooms (only common spaces) - in 2018 one would expect internet access to be a standard. We were also unlucky to encounter a staff member working at a hotel bar who was unable to communicate in English and was rude and unfriendly. Credit to her colleague who tried to solve the problem but a bad impression remained. Although the room was very spacious, there was hardly any furniture - the wardrobe was so small that we had keep all our clothes in suitcases and the desk too small to put a laptop on it.

Great location close to the city centre and metro station. Reasonable breakfast (except for coffee). Comfortable bed and bathroom.

It is good for a short stay

It is a little bit cold at the room (hitting system doesn't work at March); soundproof is not good enough; wifi doesn't work at the room, just at the public areas.

Close to the center and supermarket, comfortable bed, clean room.

Location location location

The bed was shorter than standard beds (my boyfriend and I are tall so our feet were sticking out the end) and the en suite had a weird frosted door (limited privacy but okay for us for short stay).

Great location. Perfect for exploring Lisbon on foot. The room wasn't the most comfortable but the location, the great staff in the hotel bar and the overall value made up for that.

In the heart of Lisbon
    • Superior Twin Room

Could have used more pillows. Other than that it was great.

This was in an amazing location. The historic tram was right outside of the hotel. Walking distance to great shops, cafes and the famous Santa Justa Elevator. The staff were friendly and helpful. We were given a lovely welcome drink in the lounge; which was a great addition to the experience. The included breakfast was filling and quite good quality. I would definitely stay here again. The only downside for me was that the beds were harder than I normally like, and there weren’t enough pillows (but that might just be North American expectations) Great price. Great location. Great value. Great Experience. Tip for those coming from the airport. It was 40 euros to get a taxi to that location. We did a car service to return to the airport for half the cost. Nothing to do with the hotel; just a travel tip.

had a great time in Lisbon hotel is a good 3 star establishment would certainly stay again
    • Superior Twin Room

wasnt overly keen on breakfast but its not really a complaint. street the hotel is in is a bit run down but dont let that put you off

staff were helpful and friendly. nice bar area. hotel ideally situated for all places of interest tram stops next to hotel which will take you up the steep hill to Bairro Alto where there are lots of good bars and restaurants all reasonably priced unlike other areas of the city. We were a party of 4 stayed for 4 nights and would all stay again.

Bad start, then fine. Avoid courtyard rooms!

We had to move room as the first was facing the courtyard with very noisy a/c equipment - we absolutely could not sleep. The staff changed room for us (at midnight) without problem, but they should not have allocated the original room to 4-night clients

Great location, very nice hotel, helpful staff! Well worth every penny! Highly recommended!

The mattress was the spring type - not very comfortable, but good enough. There were no power outlets close to the bed - only two on the desk in the room. The breakfast also could have had a little more options, but still plenty to chose from.

Perfect location in the heart of Lisbon! Just steps away from the metro. The hotel is very nice and modern, the staff were polite and helpful. They gave us a room with window facing to the old tram line upon our request, stored our luggage before check-in and after check-out. The bathroom is a good size and so is the room. There is a fridge in the room. You have control over the heater and are able to set it as warm as you need.

very friendly and relaxed.

our side of hotel could have done with double glazing as the air conditioning unit was on a roof near our room.. to be fair we did not ask to change the room and it looks as if all the front rooms to the street have been double glazed so we are sure this will be on the cards to be rectified.. but overall great value location was amazing.

very friendly and relaxed.. great location.. exterior of the hotel belies the décor within..24 hour reception.. breakfasts continental and choice a little limited but all of the food was very nice

The staff is very friendly and the location is great.
    • Superior Twin Room

Wifi doesn’t work in the rooms. The reception desk informed me that internet works only in common areas, not guaranteed in the rooms. Almost everywhere you go internet works perfectly in Lisbon, but not in my hotel room which was a big letdown. But I was there for only two nights and the location is great so there wasn’t much to complain but I wouldn’t have booked this hotel if I had known about this.

The staff is very friendly and the location is great.

My second home from home !!!!!!
    • Superior Twin Room

We were 2 adults( my son n myself ) in a twin bed room, and only 1 shampoo + conditioning + body lotion was kept . Otherwise rest was ok. Would surely book again for a stay. Thanks for the welcome drink and discount coupon for pizza.

cleanliness, breakfast was rich , dinner was awesome, bar was great .!!!!!!

Bed and Bathroom very good.

The breakfast was okay, the coffee was bad, I cannot drink it ! There is noise from a machine outside, in the night too.

Bed and Bathroom very good.

The wifi only worked in the lobby and I have no idea how the can call that featureless matchbox room “superior” it was tiny, boring and totally ordinary. The price was discounted when I booked otherwise I would have given a very unhappy face for value for money

The location and the friendly staff

just bad internet et ne parle pas du tout français

bad internet it is a real difficulty for communication with informations and portugaises services ! realy a pity ne parlent pas français du tout ....

breakfast and situation well

Never again! it was depressing!
    • Superior Twin Room

No comfort! Only furniture in the room: 2 beds, 2 nightstands, a closett and 1 chair, plus a board under the small window. No sideboard, no table plus 2nd chair. No watercooker for coffee and tea. Not even a tissubox in the bathroom. Mildew in the shower. Box-spring beds with a rubber top and woolen blankets that looked and felt like horseblankets. Bumpy mattress. The last day the started to replace the windows in the other rooms. Loud noise of machines! No warning no execuse, no nothing for the inconvenience!

Great location, in the heart of the city.

Room had just very small window, so it was dark inside even in the middle of the day. Breakfast nothing special, after first day we decided to have food outside. There is plenty of nice cafes around.

Great location, in the heart of the city. Clean room. Friendly staff, smiling even when we checked in at 2am :)

Location was great.

They make you pay upfront and while I was packing on the last morning ( although our room was very clean), there was a cockroach in our bed.

Location was great. The bar was fantastic and the pizzas were delicious.

Perfect location: close to the train station, to the metro...
    • Superior Twin Room

One of the days we decided to have a breakfast at the hotel. We remained quite disappointed with it: the food was of a scarce quality, the price relatively high, but the worst was that there was no simple fresh water and we were made paying for it.

Perfect location: close to the train station, to the metro stop, easy access to Bairro Alto and many good places to eat around. All the rest within the expected.

location made walking or tram/bus easy to see everything we wanted
    • Superior Twin Room

We were on floor 1, window opened to easily accessible passage way, so could not leave window open while sleeping and room was therefore warm for sleeping

Lighting was poor, specially by the bed, impossible to read by

It was in an excellent location!
    • Superior Twin Room

They did not offer disposable slippers. The room although it was on the first floor was like a semi-basement and had a small window only (without any view). Air conditioning system did not work in the cold but only in the hot.

It was in an excellent location! Value for money!

the location was good near the metro and two main squares.
    • Superior Twin Room

glass door for the bathroom doesn't afford much privacy. essentially no wifi (weak signal) there should have been a bin in the bedroom and more than one shampoo. we needed to charge our phones/cameras/etc after a long day out but there were only 2 sockets by the window.

the location was good near the metro and two main squares. right next to the Gloria funicular for riding up the steep slope. the room was clean & modern. the staff was friendly.

Turim

It was so near to everything! It was a lovely hotel and the rooms were very nice too, as well as the staff! (You wouldn't think it's only 3*) You even get a welcome drink and 10% off pizza, me and my boyfriend loved it here and will definitely be coming back!

Overall it was a pleasant stay, breakfast was fairly good, the location is excellent

We were in the hotel in January, and seriously, it’s freezing, especially the toilet, there is no heating in the room, only the system of air conditioning that works poorly. In addition, for whatever reason the services that collected the garbage from the bins outside were arriving at 2-30 in the night and this was very noisy

The room was clean and spacious, and also very calm, we actually didn’t hear any of our neighbors

Great location, weak internet

The internet connection kept disconnecting so I called the front desk to ask if there was a problem. I was told: "the internet is not guaranteed in the rooms... only in the common areas". Breakfast was ok (for a fee) but there are lots of bakeries within walking distance where an even better breakfast selection is available. Although I am not sensitive to noise, my room was on the first floor above the road and there was no soundproofing.

Fantastic location, close to metro; clean; good restaurant for dinner (with a discount)

Great value,will recommend!!

The Wi Fi was limited.

Good value for money!! Perfectly situated ,excellent location. Part of the Lisboa experience that call us back for a longer stay.

Staff availability, both through the Booking email and in...
    • Superior Twin Room

The room had 2 separated, single beds one close to the other, with 1 sheet set each (i.e. no 2-sided sheet, i.e. I was sleeping in one bed and my girlfriend in another). Bathroom had a glass door instead of a normal door, which may be ok for a one night stop-over but not ok for longer periods.

Staff availability, both through the Booking email and in person once arrived at the Hotel.

Browse TURIM Restauradores Hotel traveller photo gallery