Reviews of InterContinental Lisbon 5 stars

Rua Castilho 149, Avenidas Novas, 1099-034 Lisbon, Portugal

#127 of 329 hotels in Lisbon

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Check in staff didn't volunteer any information about facilities available - we asked and they gave answers. Perhaps I should have researched a bit more before booking! Personally I really didn't like the curtain across the wall in the room - it made it look like there was a bigger window than there was, it gave the room a darker feel. First world problem though! Although it's really close to the metro it is as the crow might fly; what the sites don't tell you is that it is up a very steep hill so perhaps on arrival it might be best to use a taxi especially if you have bags as it was tough wheeling cases up the cobbled streets uphill. It's definitely about a 7-10 minute challenging walk with bags! Perhaps just my being picky, tea and milk were not replenished each day, we had to ask for top ups. Breakfast is cheaper if booked as a 'package' at check-in, 10E per person per morning as opposed to 18E if you decide to book at the restaurant, seemed a little unfair. Zero perks for being an IHG member if booked using booking.com, silly not to have realised on my part of course at the time of booking!

The bed, having a window that opened, the desk, the tv and various channel options were appreciated. Nuno on the door was great, very knowledgeable and seemed to care about our experience in Lisbon. Lovely view of Lisbon from the top of the hill in the park. Quieter part of town too for those wanting some peace away from bars.

• Club Double or Twin Room with Executive Lounge Access

Wifi fine downstairs but not good in our room on the 15th floor.

Excellent service. Our room was beautiful with a lovely view of the city and river. The bathroom was very nice with good water pressure. We had club access and enjoyed happy hour. The food was above average for hotel lounges. We enjoyed our one night stay on our last night in Portugal before an early flight home the next day.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The location was not great for us-not close enough to the center of the city (restaurants, shops etc.)

The room was large, clean, and newly renovated and staff were very helpful!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff rude to wife at breakfast when she dined alone. Being a little niggly... Minibar overpriced. Checkout too long. Some of the breakfast items (pancakes, bacon) disappointing.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Despite the fact I booked the room with breakfast, but since I had early flight they couldn’t change it to a room service thus It was just waste of money!!! The furniture in the common area and lobby are out dated..,

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Again, quiet often when booking via Booking.com, you cannot be sure of getting a double bed despite requesting one. For this amount of money not being able to choose is unacceptable.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We stayed 2 nights in Intercontinental Lisbon for our honeymoon trip. The hotel staff and manager are being very nice and kind and greeting us from the phone. We received desert and champagne as our honeymoon gift from the hotel. We really enjoyed our stay here. :)

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

no heating in the room. Had to call 3 times. Wonderful workman, knowledgeable and kind. However I had to change room since the heating was not working (about 2 in the morning)

• Double Room with Park View

I liked everything - it was the best location and will certainly stay there again.

The staff were fantastic and really friendly and welcoming. Excellent place to stay

Euro 40 for a small dog for one night was a little excessive

Warm, courteous and professional staff with a genuine desire to provide the best possible service made this stay memorable. We were made to feel like the only guests staying at the hotel.

• Executive Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like the decor of the Hotel. The lobby was a disappointment upon arrival as the design was uninviting. And the breakfast area felt like a school cafeteria space, although the food selection was good.

Coffee machine in room, kind and helpful staff

NOTHING

POSITION OF THE HOTEL, ATTENTIVE STAFF, KNOWLEDGABLE CONCIERGE, POLITE, CLEAN, CHOICE AT BREAKFAST, WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND, UPGRADED ON ARRIVAL WITHOUT ASKING AND AT NO EXTRA COST

• Double Room with Park View

The hotel kept blocking amounts on my credit card (414, then 600, then 1000). When I came to pay, the limit had been exhausted meaning that at 3:30am, when I came to checkout - the card would not accept the debit (1063), meaning I had to use another credit card. This is VERY annoying, especially as I had sufficient unused credit!!!

Rooms were very nice! Staff were friendly.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We hadn't thought to include breakfast as a part of our reservation and with a very full hotel (due to a conference in attendance there) we had to eat off site.

It was a quick ride by taxi from the airport. The staff was very helpful and we were EXTREMELY thankful that our room was ready ahead of time as we had been in line at customs for 2.5 hours!! Being able to shower and enjoy the luxurious robes, slippers, water and very comfortable bed started our vacation off on a happy note!

• Executive Double or Twin Room

I don’t like a-lot bus of course , far away from city center, no restaurant behind you, I tried canceling last 2 days but booking apps not allowed to change to London and hotel was allowed, I paid 2 days more for nothing and i was in London same time , not fair from booking apps

No thing

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Dusty rooms that wreaked havoc with my husbands allergies. Hotel more suited to business travelers. We were traveling with my semi-disabled mother and not once did one of the staff even approach her to assist her, something that i have not encountered in any other hotel!

Comfy beds, friendly reception staff

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Location is not the best for older folks.. Needed a taxi to go everywhere. No shops or eateries close by.

Room and Staff were excellent. Morning Breakfast was substantial and delicious.

• Double Room with Park View

The scrambles eggs at breakfast weren't the best- powdery and little flavour.

We booked our accommodation through booking.com and got a value deal. My partner and I had been staying in mostly hostels prior to the intercontinental and it was a great treat!

• Club Double or Twin Room with Executive Lounge Access

The air conditioning in the room was not working, fan only available. The room was very hot and subsequently we had a poor nights sleep.

The club room facilities excellent

• Double Room with Park View

Massive music festival was ongoing as we stayed, and the hotel did not make us aware of this prior to check in so we had 2 sleepless nights due to the constant noise and massive vibrations from the base. We also had a few incidents along the way solemnly out of bad customer service, not the 5* treatment that was expected from this kind of hotel.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The arm chair in my room was filthy. Cooked breakfast options not great and worst of all the plates were stone cold. And so was the food in a very short time. There were no gluten free options for bread or cakes but in fairness I didn't find any at the other places I ate either. The weather was wonderful but unfortunately the hotel had no outdoor seating area.

The bed was very comfy! Good location for sight seeing and for the bus tour pick up. Staff very friendly.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Excellent hotel, pristine and spotless throughout, fantastic friendly courteous and effective staff, great rooms, very comfy at a really high standard!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was no extra bed available for my daughter in our room and therefore we had to book an extra room. When we arrived at the hotel at 18.30h her room was not available. We had to wait 45 minutes for her room to be ready.

The hotel is situated at an excellent location and the staff is very friendly and helpful

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The lighting in the room, the AC regulator which does not seem to be working, the door in the room that needs a stopper and the family room with a common door that does not close!

The lobby, "My oh My" pastry shop, and the room ambience.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It's an huge hotel, I have been there many times, they need to have a better communication with guests, at least they could call us by the last name like other places where I have been, they are to busy for that...

I asked to serve myself and it's my way. The bed was excellent, very cozy.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It's a big commercial hotel. They churn clients in and out, airline staff etc. Check in was super slow. Room not ready. Mini bar prices the highest I have ever seen. I had a gin and tonic and it cost me 30 euros!

Bed was very comfortable, room large.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They don't have a swimming pool & they said there's a near by pool that's for a gym they are connected with but you still have to pay expensive money for it which is very unusual and unconvenient

The hotel is clean & very good location near everything & the staff was so friendly & nice & helpful

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not having breakfast included in price and restaurant over priced with very few choices

The property was well located but the amenities were not to the level of an intercontinental reputation. Had basic stuff but good staff.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

housekeeping was not able to supply us with two single bedcovers instead of the very big one, turn down service was patchy

The Club facilities and the waiters in the Club were excellent

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Truthfully, the food was not great............ I found a very inexpensive European authentic restaurant a block away. I would not eat there again (although I am sure the breakfast was great.......did not try that) It was expensive for what was offered

The room was wonderfully quiet. I would have liked a view of the park............However, it's location next to the park was perfect. Everything was clean and spacious. The concierge was always helpful, as were many others working there.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bed very comfortable. The staff directed us to wonderful cafe for coffee and pastries just around the corner. And just a short walk down by park we got on hop on hop off lisbon sightseeing bus.. buy tickets at hotel.takes you to view the river. Got off and ate lunch. Intercontinental hotel lisbon perfect for my husband and me.we boarded our Windstar cruiseship from Lisbon.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

on the day of arrival they forgot to adjust the AC and room was hot. but once they get informed they sent the engineer immediately and fixed it .

everything...

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Double Room with Park View

The hotel is a fair distance from downtown (restaurants and shops), that you need to get a taxi. Nevertheless the staff were very helpful and the taxi fare was relatively low!!

Given the location of the hotel, it has fantastic sunrise and sunset views of the city and St. George castle.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

- 4th visit to hotel but no upgrade or special attentions. - Caotic breakfast , restaurant furniture needs urgent refit. - Recently refurbished hotel but forgot some areas. - Amateur staff in Reception but helpful. - Never trust Concierge recommendations.

- Location - Quality-price ratio - Comfortable rooms

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The service in all areas was 5*. Reception area really nice. Room was very clean and comfortable and breakfast and dinner were excellent. Staff so accommodating. Will definitely stay again Well done everyone.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Long uphill walk from public transportation returning to hotel from city center.Upside downhill walk to metro .Rooms can use an uplift .Shower (overhead) kind of tight.

Was in a quiet area.Trade off here is that you will need a cab or public transportation to at least return to the hotel.Not a deal breaker.Breakfast was ample.Club room allows you to have drinks and noshes worth the upgrade.Had a diner in the hotel restaurant.Best we had in Lisbon.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooms are small although we were upgraded as we have the "ambassador card " but still the room was small, and the club lounge also is very limited. Breakfast is good a lot of varieties but fruits and salads needs to be more fresh.

It's a good hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Uphill walk from public transit. Best to take cab at night .Elevators where slow because they are being upgraded.

Clean room,great breakfast,pleasant staff .Restaurant in hotel was excellent.Would stay again

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Booked the hotel sometime ago , however I checked the same dates just before we left for Lisbon , and guess what your website was offering it cheaper and also included breakfast , at 18 Euros a day each ,the whole thing left a bitter taste , no pun intended.

Great location and a very nice hotel but I think a little over priced .

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double Room with Park View

Wifi worked fine, but could be a bit faster.

Excellent location: not too close to the tourist areas, but they are easily reachable. Breakfast is excellent, as you would expect at those room rates. All staff kind and polite.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double Room with Park View

Organization of the breakfast room - Muesli, Yogurt, Fruit, Milk were all on different tables so getting what was wanted for a simple breakfast entailed quite a wander! Not at all a major complain, but clearly, no-one had given it much thought!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The lift service was slow as one lift was out of action and two lifts for a hotel this size is not adequate. It is only a minor point as the excellent service more than compensated for this shortcoming.

Wonderful service all over - I simply couldn't fault a thing . We actually stayed four nights and every member of staff deserves praise and our heartfelt thanks . We will certainly return when next visit Lisbon . Many thanks again

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Double Room with Park View

Disappointing breakfast A good 20 min walk to the city center(there is a metro station nearby though)

Friendly staff,spacious room,pc with printer at the lobby

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Very noisy hotel and poor room noise isolation, we could have heard our neighbors morning cleaning "procedures". Before 8am twice cleaning ladies entered our room without even knocking our doors.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

gym and swimming pool were under renovation

good breakfast, large room, big bed and fluffy pillows, nice welcome message on TV screen, very kind greetings by the staff, good service

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Double Room with Park View

Poor lifts - one working on occasion - 15 minute wait - staff aware (been this way for awhile) Receptionist tried to upgrade us 30 seconds after arriving - complaint made Not Central and steep hill climb from nearest Metro No help with maps or transport tips as most hotels offer at this standard Average bathroom gels / soaps - should be better for the standard

Perfect breakfast Perfect room service Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

While we were there there were only 2 lifts servicing all 17 floors of guest rooms, resulting in long waits during the peak time of breakfast/early check-outs. The location is a bit far from most attractions, and there are very few neighbourhood bars and cafes. We would normally choose somewhere more central

We were booked into this hotel as part of a Uniworld river cruise extension, and extended our stay by self-booking an extra night. Our 5th floor room was very spacious and had a pleasant outlook towards the park. The king size bed was very comfortable, and we especially appreciated the tea/coffee making equipment. The location was quiet.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This is a business hotel. Boring. And you have to cross the street for the spa and fitness. There is no swimming pool. Noisy hotel. Staff ok but ot special.

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Great service, hospitality and kindness of the staff, cleanliness and excellent location

The breakfast

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning in the meeting rooms not always working.

Breakfast... The view

Really good for this price was nothing.

Can’t think of anything

Great value for top class room and view. Staff were superb.

• Double Room with Park View

Nice rooms and good breakfast

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Cramped lobby and no coffee shop (there was a coffee counter in the lobby though).

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

friendly and very helpful staff

bar had great live music

Good

• Double Room with Park View

Hotel is under renovation. We were not informed about the same. No swimming pool. Room cleaning is not done on time.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I would have preferred the hotel closer to the historic part of Lisbon. We needed to take a taxi everywhere!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff, room, location! Superb all round!

Great service, this is a real InterConti!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Location could have been closer to old town.

Refurbished rooms are amazing. Breakfast is great. Staff is very good.

Room standard

Lobby

• Double Room with Park View

The breakfast could have been warmer, otherwise lots of good choices.

Great breakfast. Fantastic beds. Friendly staff.

Location atmosphere

• Executive Double or Twin Room

The dinner service and closing times.

The bed was very comfortable

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The food at breakfast was not fresh and cold!

Ho

Very convenient and professional

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Wifi was not so great. Everything else was good!

• Double Room with Park View

Very helpful stuff . The tranquility of the place and environment in the hotel .

nil.

So nice, the site and hotel staffs.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Size of the room and location of the Hotel

• Executive Double or Twin Room

Wonderfully helpful staff. Akla the restaurant served the most amazing food. Bed as always at Intercontinental Hotels was incredibly comfortable.

No complaints

Nothing was too much trouble . Staff very polite and friendly .

No brown sauce / ketchup at breakfast :-D