Reviews of Lisbon Dreams Guest House

Rua Rodrigo Da Fonseca 29, Santo Antonio, 1250-189 Lisbon, Portugal

#98 of 343 B&Bs and Inns in Lisbon

The staff was very kind, e.g. on my last day, I had to check out early in the morning. The evening before, I got a breakfast package without even asking for it. The house was very clean, both the rooms and the bathrooms. In addition, I really enjoyed the balcony. Very nice to sit there in the evenings and read something.

• Large Double Room

I was in Room 8 and it was VERY noisy. The description says just 450 yards from the famous Liberty Avenue. Maybe the front door is 450 yards from it but my room was double fronted facing onto what is essentially a motorway. Earplugs had no effect. I booked three nights but moved out after a total lack of sleep on the first. On requesting a refund (at least partial) as a gesture of goodwill was told "it is not our policy". No dreams for me.

The breakfast was excellent and the man who checked me in was really friendly and helpful. It is well designed with good communal areas.

The place is too cute! Everything was very clean, the staff always frendly, the room was small but the bed very comfortable! Take the breakfast, it's delicious and you will need it😉 You have 2 metro station just 5 min from the place, bus station just in front of the door but you can also go by foot everywhere if you want.

Nothing I did not like.

The staff was wonderful, friendly and professional. Just as important, it's very clean, it felt like a home away from HOME. My daughter stayed here last year , so this year , I couldn't wait for the experience. Definitely , going back to this location! I've already recommended the property to people I've met during my stay in Portugal. It's a must stay!

A bedroom located right next to two toilets meant unpleasantaries could be heard and smelt!! Room was also very small with no room for manoeuvring / storage of bags.

Excellent location. Good breakfast.

The room (11) was quite small for 2 ppl - for 1 person would be more comfortable.

The staff is very nice. The guest house is at great location and clean.

We wanted to try out the reparate bathrooms. That is okay... never have done that.

Good sized rooms. Nice breakfast and very friendly staff. Very helpful!

Very small room next to the toilets (shared toilet with other guests and at night you hear the sounds of the people how goes to toilet)

Very nice hosts, very good located in the city, excellent connection to all traffic lines, clean, breakfast is enoumes

There are no lift for those who come with big luggage ☺️ Breakfast was good but the same everyday.

Everything was good! Thanks to helpful staff! There are great super market on the corner of the street .

Rooms are nice but ours was very small...

Very nice place, good value for money. Very helpful staff, good breakfast and super clean. The shared bathrooms were always spot on.

Quite noisy room due to being close to the breakfast area and patio. Other rooms are probably quieter. Noisy doors also.

Very welcoming staff and comfortable rooms. Very good breakfast & perfect location!

a better map of the location would be helpful

comfortable bed, very clean- bathrobes a nice touch. Breakfast was good, lots of food, good variety of choices. Staff was very helpful. Good location

The washing rooms need to be cleaned more often.

It is a lovely place with great ambiance. It gives you the feeling of being at home. It has been located near the city center, in a lovely street.

That I had to leave

Excellence in accommodation, comfort, staff, location. This was such an amazing stay at a great price, I haughty recommend to friends & colleagues & will definitely return. On the last day my husband was not well but he was welcomed to rest at the guest house for the day while I went sightseeing with our children. Absolutely very kind generous attentive staff who went above & beyond. Many thanks for your awesomeness ❤️

• Family Room

Only miss we made was to dine at a Portugese resturant near Rato on the left hand side walking from the guest house.

Best guest house ever! Beds very extremely comfortable, always clean bathrooms, breakfast was well equiped and staff very helpful. The location to the city was great. Will stay there whenever in Lisbon and can highly recommend it to anyone!

flannels in bathrooms; enjoyable breakfast; croissants and especially chocolate ones; good supply of tea; ; immaculate and clean rooms; excellent staff; good bed; very good location.

There was no tv in the room. This is a little thing that can be improved, a tv has a very little cost and can change the atmosphere while you are in.

I liked the location which was very central. The room was nice and the toilets were extremely clean. The breakfast was very good and there is an area where you can cook your dinner if you don't want to go out. The plus is that there is a nice shop just around the corner where you can buy food and wine at very good price.

Our room was right next to the tv-room (luckily no anoying noise though). No slippers were given (because it is winter?) which made the (common) bathroomfloor a bit wet and slippery.

The early-bird breakfast bag. Bathrobe and towel are provided. A warm room with a comfortable bed. Earplugs are provided should you need them.

We had just one unpleasant thing. In the time we went to Lisabon, were the night still cold. And because we had bigger room. The heater was not capable warm us enough So we got cold :( In summer times it can be allright, but not in colder days.

The personal was very pleasant and helpful. Could not be better. Also the guest around us were very nice. We were also excited from the great breakfast, conditions of our room and bathroom. For sure we would visit this place again.

The sitting room is located next to bedrooms, very noisy family on our floor who were out on the terrace chain smoking and sitting up into the early hours. Staff pretty much unconcerned by this, and free earplugs in room give the impression noisy guests are commonplace. Wouldn't stay here again or recommend to others looking for a quiet, relaxing experience.

Clean, comfortable, and decent breakfast provided.

The light did trip at one point and we were in dark... but as soon as I phoned the reception they were very helpful. If they could do something about the tripping electrical system then there would be no more complains.

I absolutely loved it. It was more then what I was expecting. Excellent... ! All the staff was superb, friendly, kind and polite. 110% recomanded, I booked the same appartment for my family and they loved it too.

I found it noisy at night with traffic noise from the main road and from building work opposite my window the location was a little bit too far away from attractions, once I returned from a day exploring and rested up it would have been nice to be able to go back out locally without needing a metro journey ,but that may suit other people

beautifully decorated and clean,the place is as it is on the website.

I didn't like the noise from inside the building, doors opening, you can hear everything, and I was beside the kitchen and I could hear conversations all evening from my room. I didn't like the location either, was too far out and too far walk from metro especially as a sole traveller. It is very quiet area. Bed was very small.

I liked the building and the wooden floors. Staff were very nice. I liked that I could make my own breakfast. There was no traffic noise

The place could be more quiet.

Very helpful staff, lovely people that pay attention to their guests. Within walking distance to centrum, 5 min to nearest Metro station. Grocery store at the basement. You can eat breakfast on the patio, which was super nice :)

The workers were mostly ok, helpful, but Pedro from there informed me that the room has been charged from credit card, when booking the room I was told that I would pay in the hostel. Before going to the hostel I called in advance to check how the payment is made, the right method is payment in the hostel. Another guy said when I asked to extend the stay that all the rooms are reserved but rooms were available online and another coworker told that there still were rooms to book. Some other customers were loud until late and quite inconsiderate.

Good location, quite close to metro, fair prices.

We liked the staff, the accomodation (everything clean and cute), amazing croissant and decoration, they helped us with directions and transportation, the toilets were perfectly clean and we had early breakfast for those who have to go too early to the airport

The building right on the opposite is being renovated and looks a bit messy from the balcony during my stay there.

-Personnel is super friendly and ready to help. - Decoration and ambiance. It is one renovated guest house in an old residential building. Decorations, interior design make me feel as if I were home. - Cleanness. Everywhere is neat and tidy. Shared bathrooms are checked regularly and kept in order. - Breakfast is prepared freshly with sufficient choices and nutrition. It is provided from 8 - 11. It would be fantastic to spend some time having breakfast, chitchatting or chillout in their terrace garden -- a cozy place to be especially on sunny days. - It is not centrally located in the touristy part but most attractions are within walking distance. Rato metro station is 2 minutes away and from there it is convenient to travel everywhere. Although I was there for travelling, I prefer living in an area a bit residential not too far from major touring areas. In this regard, LD is an ideal place for me. - It would be a good idea to book several rooms on the same floor for a big family or a group of friends.

Perfect place, with lovely stuff and nice breakfast. The metro station and Barrio Alto with pubs and bars are only a few minutes from the hotel. And next to the building there is a supermarket with late night opening hours. Bathrooms are always clean and well equiped.

Third time in Lisbon for leisure, second time to stay in Lisbon Dream guest house. I brought my friend, who was visiting Lisbon for the first time, and was astonished by the place. Really cozy, colourful and well located as I remembered. Staff was really helpful. If I visit Lisbon for the fourth time, I am definitely staying there again.

Everything was perfect as in the description. The personal really hospitable and a very comfortable position to reach the center town. Also the cleaning was excellent! I'll consider it for the future!

Grocery store at the basement, MC Donalds round the corner, walking distance (15-20 min. to the centre), fresh breakfast, not flashy but sufficient, very helpful staff at the reception. Recommended.

None. I will definitely go back here.

I love the room and even the shared bathroom/toilet and other facilities. It has a lovely kitchen and a cozy breakfast area, too.

Really nice and comfortable room. Mine had a private bathroom, so that was nice. Had outdoor seating areas, and you could just chill and look at the street. And the reception girl was really cute ;)

Appreciate if breakfast is served earlier as 8am was quite tight for us to reach the meeting place.

Great Location. Very clean guest house and excellent breakfast

normally i don't have to ask three times if i can leave my stuff in my room even if it's not cleaned up yet..

the staff was polite and most of them also really helpful. our room was very nice and clean, the bed super comfortable. the bathrooms, although shared, are enough and also neat and clean. the breakfast is quite good with enough options. the location is also really good - you can walk very easily to the city centre or you have two different metro lines very close to the hotel. as it is not easy to find accommodation in lisbon in this price range and still get good service, i would definitely recommend this guest house. thank you!

Staff were very helpful and the breakfast was brilliant. Rooms were small but great for its purpose. Living area provided opportunities for solo travellers like myself to meet others and share trips and info.

The rooms had a soundproofing and you coild hear the traffic noise quite easily. Otherwise a lovely place to stay :)

Good location and lovely staff. Breakfast included which was a plus when choosing the hotel

The fruit at breakfast always seemed to be damaged, bruised or moldy, we are surprised the staff didnt notice that. The name of "guest house" is confusing as its really a hostel and at present there is a lot of building work across the street which starts about 7.30am but we were up by 8am most days anyway. Some of the walls are quite thin but luckily we had decent neighbours for the stay.

Everyone in this place was friendly, the staff all speak good English unlike our few words of Portuguese!! Bathrooms were clean and there was always one free. Its in a good location, right above a small supermarket (another large one is right near Rato metro area), a nice walk along Av De Liberdade to the centre or the Eduardo VII Park in the apposite direction. Try Estufa Fria if you love gardens/greenhouses, very cheap and a huge place. The are around the Hostel is a nice area, lots of local small cafes and restaurants.

Windows are looking on the street and even with a closed one it's still pretty noisy.

Cute guesthouse near the city center. You can easily get to the Baxaia area by foot. Simple breakfast with little bonus - just baked croissants. Bathrooms are good, but sometimes required a bit of waiting in the morning. Very good terrace for relaxation.

No elevator and circular steps makes it difficult to lift heavy suitcases up 2 flights of stairs. I knew going in that you share the 2+ 1/2 bathrooms among six rooms. Sometimes there was a small wait.

The guest house has a great variety of breads, juices and hard-boiled eggs. Many hotels with continental breakfast do not even have any eggs. Great area to explore for reasonably-priced restaurants.

Breakfast was amazing on a beautiful outdoor patio with numerous options. The staff are incredible. The rooms are modest but for the price, quite excellent.

Croissants baked fresh on the property, nice breakfast rooftop-garden, friendly and helpful staff, drink services priced very reasonably, down-town is accessible through public transport or walking (and taxi's are reasonable too).

A cosy place designed and maintained with love. Comfortably situated - Baixa, Alfarma and Bairro Alto within in walking distance and a good connection to the airport.

The noise from the street. It's ok if you close the window but if it's hot the noise can really be annoying.

The bed was really comfortable and the whole guesthouse had a really great vibe. The breakfast was a great plus!

Great and comfortable place to stay in Lisbon. Just 10 mins walk from the centre. Underground parking was just 3 mins down the road (14EUR per day). The staff was super friendly and very helpful. Everything was perfectly clean and tidy. Even shared bathrooms were in perfect condition.

• Family Room

You must get air conditioning in room for summer. Window had to be left open as it was so hot but this meant that it was too noisy to sleep.

Really welcoming and great staff. Breakfast was plentiful and the roof terrace was great if you did not want to go out and eat in. Good kitchen facilities.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

If you come by car, parking can get tricky depending on how long you intend to stay there.

The place is spotless and the staff is really helpful. The location is also pretty good, only a 10 minute walk from the center of the city.

Not applicable - a great place to stay.

Fantastic friendly and helpful staff. Everything maintained to the highest standards. Exceptional breakfasts. Very comfortable and well decorated bedrooms - very comfortable bed. Very homely and welcoming.

This room was really too small, even for the price, espacially if you consider that there's no private bathroom. I've never paid for bottle of water before (available into the room).

Good situation and nice staff. I appreciated to have a direct access to the patio, from the room. For that matter, the patio is quiet enjoyable. Bathroom quiet clean. Robes were included. The breakfast is ok.

There is no lift at the property, if you have a large staircase be prepared to walk it up stairs.

The rooms were so lovely and clean, the bed was also extremely comfortable. The shared bathrooms were kept clean at all times and were nice and modern. Would stay here again and recommend it to anyone in Lisbon.

The room is so small. Don't believe the photos. There is only bed, which takes the whole space of your room. The room was next to the bathrooms and you can hear everything what was happening there.

Staff was really helpful. The guest house is situated not too far from a city center. Breakfasts were ok, but nothing special. Bathrooms were clean even it's shared among other people from the guest house. For 7 euro you can give your clothes to laundry. It's ok to stay here for couple of nights.

I had to ask for the receipt of the payment for couple of times. ( Could not get receipts at the time of payment due to their printer was broken. After reminding recipe, finally got by email.

Location of this Guest House : About 20 minutes walking to the central area Nearest Metro station- within 5 minutes Walking and Taking Metro to the Central area is Only 10 minutes. Located at Quiet area. and Most of All, Cost of the stays were GREAT. With taking Metro, can be EASILY access to Museums, Sights, shops. Like myself, Solo traveler felt SAFE and comfortable to stay here ( Set up of this Guest House is like you are staying at DORM- Enough numbers of shared bathroom, Front door is always locked and access by CODE) . Definitely recommended for you to stay, if you are NOT expected to stay like hotels.

• Large Double Room

Of course it could do with a more efficient air conditionin system in the rooms, where it gets quite stuffy, but for the price you pay it's actually not that bad. However, I'd recommend some small changes which would visually make a difference and are not a big investment (such as changing the covers on the door windows in the rooms, doing some in depth cleaning of bathroom windows, maybe a quick repaint of some doors). Important detail - no elevator and several flights of stairs, especially relevant if you have lots of luggage.

Overall the place is great, good location, wonderful terrace to have breakfast on or just chill.

Not too far from the metro station but other wise a bit of a trek into town. Not that big a deal for us but worth keeping in mind.

Good facilties. Comfy room. Staff extra helpful. Good vibes.

Breakfast was pretty basic. There are a lot of steps to climb to the top level, however, we were given a better room on the floor below after the first night.

Well located - friendly and helpful staff

A little noisy as rooms are close to the hall way and shared facilities.

Nice hotel! Good facilities, bedrooms and bathrooms are clean and complete. Staff was very friendly for check-in and check-out. Breakfast was OK, nothing special but good.

We were there through a time with extreme heat wave all around in the Iberian peninsula. All Lisbon as well as our hotel room heated up significantly. There is no air conditioning in the room, only in the "living room" space adjacent to the room. So we kept our door open to cool our room. Should it be a bit moderate temperatures, our stay would have been perfect.

We have spent there a week, the location are superb and the staff are extra helpful. It is a really nice place to stay. Breakfast is awesome, you can't get bored of fresh baked croissant and bread.

The (single) private room has its door facing one of the shared bathroom, and its french window open to the patio / open area where people chat and smoke. I had very bad sleeps from mosquitoes and early showers (from 5:30am).

Staffs are nice. Hostel in a quiet street with jacarandas in full blossom in may. Supermarket is just across the street.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

There is nothing we didn't like.

Loved everything about this little gem in Lisbon. Value for money if you don't mind sharing a bathroom and carrying luggage upstairs. Excellent simple brekky, lovely outdoor deck, great bed and room and super friendly, helpful staff. Highly recommended.

Nothing to complain, everything was above expectations.

The hosts were very nice and helpful. The guest house is kept very clean, it's in a good and quiet location, easy to reach. The breakfast was nice, especially when taken on the terrace they have.

It was quite a struggle to find a free bathroom to shower in the morning before breakfast

The breakfast was a great start to the day and free tea and coffee

• Budget Double Room

The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good. Bathrobes were nice. Staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. The location was perfect for us to tour the city from.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Ideal location to explore the charming city on foot. Homely atmosphere. Friendly staff. Never thought shared facilities could be so spotlessly clean. Excellent value for the price paid.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Nothing !

It was a magic place! We thought we would spend just few days in Lisbon, but then decided to be back and stay in the same hostel! Friendly host and delicious breakfasts, ohhh, I already miss them :-) we could feel like home! Our apartment was really cozy with the great view. Localization - perfect, they way to airport took us less than 0,5h. Next time I will be in Lisbon I will definitely stay in the same place! Thank you so much :-)

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

The room was exterior and a little bit noisy in the night.

The location is great, the staff is really nice and helpful and the building itself is beautiful. The breakfast is rich and really tasty and the rooms are very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Good breakfast, comfortable beds and stylish room. The bathroom outside but clean and not crowded. Our flight was early in the morning so staff prepared for us snacks to go. Thank you :-)

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Our room was next to a main road so it was a bit noisy, but the staff did offer ear plugs.

Great location, with extremely helpful staff!!! Prior to arriving we were a bit unsure as we booked a double room with a shared bathroom and we did not know how clean the bathroom would be but it was extremely clean. I think the cleaners must be constantly cleaning the guest house as it was immaculate. Extremely good value for money, with a breakfast a lot better than more expensive hotels/guesthouse. The airport bus drops you off close, about a 7 min walk to the guest house and the metro is a 4 min walk. The location is brilliant, very happy with it. Overall this guest house is a must for people, who want to stay in great accommodation, that is clean with staff who are very helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Budget Double Room

No hair dryer Bins smelt as you walked into the property

Very friendly, helpful staff. Very quite rooms and kept very clean. I loved being able to make tea and coffee whenever I wanted.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Budget Double Room

for the price, we already got more than expected

close to the city center but calm; lots of services available (kitchen, small bar, air drier on demand, towels, TV and sofa in common spaces...) ; good wifi quality; clean and nice

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Budget Double Room

We loved the corner room for location/view/light, but Our room was quite cold. More guidance reg. viewing the city on our first day!

We loved our stay with you. Very nice staff, great location, pleasant and courteous fellow travels at the guest house too! only negative...great breakfast! Very clean Thanks Clare and Michael

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Budget Double Room

This was a wonderful place to stay aside from the shower pressure and temperature. I don't know if it was just bad luck on my part but over the 3 day stay, I never had enough water pressure and it was consistently cool or cold water.

Loved the courtyard. Even at the end of December it was warm enough to be able to eat outside which was lovely. The use of the kitchen was also really nice. The overall place was really nicely decorated.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

We had a super friendly service, the girls were very lovely and the rooms and the bathroom was super clean. The rooms are nicely decorated. We had such great days there!

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

- No elevator and not accessible for disable persons. - The heater in our room was too small. So during a tougher winter, this small heater will not be enough to heat up the room to a confortable temperature. - Quite difficult, but feasible, to find a parking spot close to the hotel. - The ventilation was limited inside the room, so we had to open the window, but it became noisy and a bit smelly because of the car exhaust.

+ Breakfast included + You can use the kitchen yourself and cook your own food. + Nice crew (Sara, Johanna, Rita, ...) + The bathrooms were shared but clean and available when needed + The room was clean. + 10 meter away from a supermarket + 5 min by foot from Rato metro station (yellow line) + Reception is opened from 9:00 to 21:00 but during the night there is always someone available, if needed. => I recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Since the building has thin walls, you can hear noises from your neighbours. Wooden floors are squeaky. But during my stay people were not loud so was ok. Also, I would prefer to have 2 towels in my room and not one big one.

Interesting combination of services for 5 start hotel in the apartment type property. Continental breakfast, wifi, nice living room with TV, clean bathrooms. Very clean, cozy, well located, supermarket and metro station is very close.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Bad location. Careless Staff. Floors and doors making too much noise. They don't have a personal who helps you with your lagguages. The girl on the reception told that she can, but come on, you can't ask that from a girl! That's a 30kg valise!!! So if you're too young and just staying in hostels, yeah this guesthouse can make you happy. But if not, it's a total disappointmant. The green apples that they put everywhere doesn't make work everything!!!

The breakfast