Reviews of Aldeia dos Capuchos Golf & SPA 4 stars

Largo Aldeia dos Capuchos,, 2825-017 Costa da Caparica, Portugal

Hotels looks amazing with great views but needs to pay a lot more attention to detail and cleaning.
    • Studio

The rooms were very badly cleaned and furniture very badly kept not what you expect from a 4 stars hotel

Views were amazing, great location and very friendly and helpful staff, breakfast was very good with a lot to choose from.

Highly recommended. Best Value for Money around
    • Studio

Only thing missing was a cleaning cloth/dishwashing soap for the kitchenette but all was cleaned for us on daily basis so no complaining there.

Excellent value for money. You get all you need. Clean and friendly staff who all spoke English well. Excellent breakfast with Nespresso coffee and wide variety of breads and pastries all of fab quality (fresh, crispy and flaky). Nice pool with bar area. Health SPA was free entry as was the gym.

Fantastic!

Very expensive coffee, and not even the traditional. I love Nespreso, but would prefer a tradicional coffee machine.

Fantastic facilities and beatiful views! This hotel is very good. By car is easy to access, but not much by public transport.

Large rooms

Pool bar was closed Pool area wasn’t clean Pool not heated Spa too crowded Some parts of the hotel are neglect (way to the pool passing through staff corridors, broken tiles etc.) Staff is not polite, nor qualified

Large rooms Nice equipments Nice buffet breakfast

-Common areas;
    • Studio with Passion Program

-Very poor value for money; -No hot water for an hour in a master suite. Despite the efforts to compensate, it is inadmissible in this kind of room in this hotel; -Reduced variety and quality of meal options.

-Common areas; -Housekeeping.

Average at best.
    • Studio

When I booked I was told 1 single bed and a double. There was only a double bed in our room so I didn't get what I paid for. Also, we were told there was a table tennis table and as keen players we were disappointed that they got rid of the table long time ago according to reception. Reception were also extremely unhelpful.

Bar staff were lovely and friendly. Indoor swimming pool and sauna was excellent.

It was relaxing and therapeutic.
    • Studio

The pool and sauna were really nice, but I would have appreciated being given a robe to wear for use of these facilities. It was a little hard to find my way around too, but it was fine once I figured it out. A map might be helpful.

The staff was very helpful. I needed a quiet room which initially did not happen, but they moved me into a better room. I also loved the breakfast, what an excellent spread! And the espresso was great too.

Kids friendly
    • Studio

The lobby is small and easely gets crowded with groups waiting the bus to the point that it actually blocks thr passage to and from the rooms...

Kids friendly

Very good lovely wine and restaurant

excellent hotel - very friendly staff and the reception is manned 24 hours a day so i was able to check out at 4am and get a taxi to the airport within minutes.

This is not a 4 star hotel. Not even near.

The bed was a fold out bed. Not a real bed. The restaurant is in a hallway and noisey. The food is small. The breakfast is overcooked. The hotel is a maze. The outdoor pool is impossible to get to. The gym and spa are through until marked fire doors. The hotel is popular with football teams so there was lots of 2am chanting. The rooms are not at all sound proof and could hear everything.

The breakfast buffet was great.
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Relax Package

We booked a room for the night with a massage treatment included. However, they booked us in for the massage without checking with us what schedule we prefered. We ended up checking in to the hotel past the time we were booked in for the massage, and had to reschedule it (and that is because we insisted on the matter, since they were just going to have it canceled!).

The breakfast buffet was great.

For the first time (I Often Stay at this hotel) they were...

For the first time (I Often Stay at this hotel) they were rude at the frontdesk and asked me a lot of questions and to sign a lot of papers more than the usual signature. my intent was to unschedule my Next Stay right away but I Will give a second chance. The Room could be better. The courtain was not enough for the window and you wake up very early. The TV was once again in bad shape. Like many other items on the Room there is a huge lack of maintenance (cabinet Doors, bathroom).... Much much to improve

No comfort bed.
    • Studio (3 Adults)

No comfort bed. No good breakfast. I was expecting more , the way it was showing on the Booking website . I would not recommend to anyone ,I recommended to my friend and he didn't like it as well.

The breakfast was ok

Staff was very unfriendly and unwilling to help with making changes in the reservations and to be even able to change 100 Euro bills.

The breakfast was ok

Initially, they didn't find our booking.

Initially, they didn't find our booking. After 5 min they came back with an upgrade to a suite. :) Thank you very much for that. That was awesome. :)

We will come again :-)

Everything went really smooth. It was nicer than I expected. It was my Birthday and they offered a drink, chocolates, and we even got a free upgrade. The staff were all very nice and thoughtful. Breakfast was great, the pool was really relaxing and it was what we needed to recharge our batteries.

Breakfast is good.

Internet should be improved, it's not suitable to work. The corridors and attics of the room floors are a bit dirty. There is lack of maintenance.

Breakfast is good. The view is good. A balcony with sea view is always very pleasant.

Good location, nice lobby & pool

The facility needs a refreshment. Nice architecture with a lot of glass... but difficult to maintain & easy to get lost.

Good location, nice lobby & pool

check in not possible before 3 pm even after asking to...

check in not possible before 3 pm even after asking to change check out mandatory at 12 even after asking to change not flexible staff no water in the room, empty minibar and not even a glass, room service not answering, so had to drink water from the tap

Relaxing hotel

Mattress was a bit soft for me.

Very relaxing atmosphere around the hotel and friendly staff. None of this shambles of fighting for sun beds,towels provided to give it that touch of class.

Not recomended
    • Studio

Size of the "double room" with kitchen... small... really small, tv not working properly (i was not intersted but it is a detail). For the price payed i expect to arrive, do the check in and to have someone to show me the room.. but no! The "kitchen" is small and poor (if you are intersted in use it, make shore to bring a dishwasher and sponges) check all the drawers and doors to see if you have enough plates and cutlery. I had to go the the reception and ask for spoons, cups and for the kitchen doors to be open (yes they are locked... it gives the idea that they don't want you to use it... so you have to go and eat in theire expensive restaurant (poor menu and a lot of money)) The room doesn't look bad, the wardrobe is very spacious but the bed!!?? I couldn't belive when i realize that a hotel like this doesn't have proper bedroom furniture, insted they have one of does ugly beds that you can lift up a store it in the wall!!! Unbeliveble...

Good outdoor swimming pool, nice to relax! Really clean, lounges and a lot of shadows to lay down and enjoy the quietness. Free indoor parking. Bathroom it is nice... (loved the shower)

Relaxation for the whole family
    • Studio (3 Adults)

The hotel was a bit old fashioned, maube a bit renovation would help.

We had full board for our one night stay, and the food was very good. Even pastels de natas for breakfast!

The hotel was holding a private party.

The hotel was holding a private party. They had informed us by email two days before our arrival, without explaining the details of the party, just telling us that we could join the party ourselves. It happened to be a massive day-and-night dance party, absolutely for adults, announced at the main entrance as “the sexiest summer festival”. The played extremely loud music in the outdoor swimming pool from 2 pm to 8 pm, every day, audible from every single part of the hotel, which made impossible to relax. Also, many attendants to the party were dancing around the pool all the time. At midnight we could hear music and noise coming from other rooms, from people preparing for the night party, which was from 22 pm to 6 am. The whole event was very inappropriate for children, the hotel was completely occupied by the party, all the rooms, swimming pool, main entrance, corridors, etc. They should have closed the hotel for the event or, at least, have explained exactly the kind of event it was, so we could have cancelled our stay. And, of course, they shouldn´t have suggested we could join the party, knowing that we were a family traveling with two kids. I´ve been using booking for years, and this was my worst experience ever.

A luxurious property for a business meeting.
    • Studio

Check in took a very long time. Laundry service was a bit troublesome. No one told me that I needed to pay at the front desk for my laundry before I could receive it, even after asking for the laundry three times over 2 days. And then, the bill was incorrect, which took 4 trips to the desk before someone was around who could refund the extra charges.

The food was excellent. The eggs at breakfast were done well. The two balconies in our spacious apartment were very nice. The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful. Everyone spoke good English -- that was helpful when we had problems.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Facilities great but staff and customer service appalling.

The customer service was appalling. The cleaner was rude when the room had to be cleaned. The room wasnt even cleaned on the 2nd day and we had to go to reception to request toilet roll and tea, neither request was met. The cleanliness was very poor. We had drinks at the pool during the day and the glasses were still there the next afternoon. I read a review before booking this place about the pool being very cold, the reply from the hotel was that the heater was broken during their stay. Well, the heater must still be broken! It is a shame the staff let this place down. Sadly because of this I wouldn't recommend.

the facilities were great

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Not for the city-lovers
    • Studio with Side Sea View

Receptionist at check-in was slow and not really interested in taking care of clients waiting in front of the reception desk Wifi was not working Remote location - far away from Lisbon Not reachable by public transport In the sink the water would not go down the drain

Large room I liked the fact that we didn't have to stay too long

Good location, good staff, good food but poor general maintenance.

Room not ready until 18:00. Tissue box & sani-bag box empty. No plug in bidet. Water leaking from above down the mirror. No coat hangers in the wardrobe. Safe supplied but not fixed down, someone could take it away! Toilets by the Bar - tap hanging off into sink & toilet roll holder hanging off onto the floor. In other words the otherwise nice hotel was shabby and lacked maintenance or checking of áreas by the managers / supervisors.

Staff in Reception, Bar, Housekeeping & Restaurant all Cheerful, friendly & helpful. Very good buffets for breakfast & dinner. Comfortable beds & pillows.

Good hotel, poor check-in experience
    • Studio

Check-in was 3pm. We requested an early check-in if possible as we were arriving earlier, however our room was not available until nearly 5pm. Despite repeatedly asking what the issue was the staff refused to offer us an explanation.

Good selection of food at breakfast. Well stocked bar. Clean and comfortable hotel.

Not a couples retreat more like a summer camp for teenagers!

The majority of staff.

The best part of the hotel were to lobby bar staff. Pedro was so friendly and hospitibal . The reception staff weren't friendly. The hotel is situated basically in the middle of nowhere and is full of large teenage sports and leisure groups so nighttime noise was an issue. There was supposed to be a shuttle bus available to take you down to the village of Caparica and the beach however I tried to book it 3x but was unable to do so. Then when I tried to book it for my return to airport I was told they had to cancel my trip due to the bus being broken down. Very disappointing service.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Relaxing and comfortable

The wifi wasn't working and we didn't have access to gym classes.

Everything was comfortable and cozy, the apartment had all the comodities. We had access to the gym, pool and spa, which were excellent for a hotel. Sea view, very beautiful and calm.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

So So
    • Studio

The 1 small Jacuzzi being too cold and unable to turn up. The drains in the steam room etc stunk, I'd advise you take some oils. Female staff in general are quite rude and hardly smile. We didn't have any dressing gowns in our room for a few days as there wasn't any left?? Even though the female member of staff at the front desk stated dressing gowns are only for people accessing the spa??? which was a complete lie. So... to get from the pool to spa, you walk through a reception area... so you can understand how awkward this is with no dressing gown. We asked about the spa/pool at reception and got told we need head caps and flip flops as it is mandatory. Why was this not stated on booking, if it states free access to these areas? If its mandatory, and access to spa/pool is included in the price - then YOU provide the mandatory items OR you CLEARLY state on booking what is needed. The mentality is a bit stupid. Luckily my parents brought some with them a few days into our trip as the hotel don't even sell the mandatory footwear and there is nowhere close to get it. On check-in, my parents originally booked for breakfast included (60EUR suppliment), the lady at reception said it isn't on their system, I showed them my booking and she didn't have a clue, so it wasn't paid for and breakfast wasn't included. Upon check-out, this 60EUR bill suddenly appeared, they said it was for the airport transfer?!?! haha! (My partner picked up my parents). To top it off, it was the same woman who checked them in 3 days before! So she knew it was for breakfast which they didn't have nor pay for, but she still tried to stick the bill to something for payment. Honestly, some of the staff are v poor. The Spa staff (except the ladies who work massages) are rude and obnoxious.

I liked the overall feel of the place. The rooms were nice, indoor pool was suitable. The Golf was fantastic, lovely little course and some beautiful views. Massage was lovely. The Male staff are great, especially the 2 we met at the bar. Pedro was a lovely chap.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Lovely stay
    • Studio

2nd time staying here at this hotel, didn't disappoint. spa was excellent, treatments were excellent, staff polite & friendly. Good location, we were upgraded for free to a room with sea views which was nice. Would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Costa da Caparica. Nice place to stay.
    • Studio

That was only there for 2 nights.

Great Location! Close to beaches and restaurants. Very near Almada Forum(Big Mall). And Pingo Doce a grocery store. Quite and very relaxing.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

We had a package with dinner and SPA included.
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Relax Package

The corridors are very narrow and the hotel was confusing to walk through, on the first day we made wrong turns a lot of times...

We had a package with dinner and SPA included. Nice room, clean and comfortable, with a wonderful ocean view. The dinner was a buffet, good food and enough options. The breakfast, on the other hand, had little to offer.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Amazing hotel

Pool was beautiful but needs to be a bit warmer to enjoy

Close to town but outside of town. Great ocean view incredible sunsets. Buffet breakfast was great and the staff always pleasant

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Basil Fawlty's sister
    • Studio

Reception and check-in was an unusual experience for us. Basically disinterested and rude. We arrived for a conference a day before most and were given a room with a bad location, mouldy bathroom, wood paneling falling off and a series of airconditioners outside our window (noisy). We asked to change rooms and were told none were available. We showed the receptionist photos of the room and suddenly another room was found (not surprising since the place was almost empty) and keys were reluctantly handed over. Airconditioning was sporadic as was the wireless internet connection... which was moderately amusing since I was informed it was my computer by one, just as another came up and said the internet issues would be addressed soon. Best to make fun of the situation and we decided the place was run by Basil Fawlty's sister.

The restaurant (kitchen and waiting) staff were fabulous and could not be more considerate, knowledgeable and helpful. Good sense of humour and very friendly. My wife has a severe food allergy and they went out of their way to ensure she was well looked after

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Comfortable hotel to stay for combining work and relaxation.

The hotel is located some distance from the beach and other facilities, but a frequent bus connection (TST 124) provides adequate connections if you don't have a car.

The room was very comfortable and the views great. The staff were friendly and helpful. There is ample and easy free parking. The pool facilities are great.

Excellent staff.
    • Studio

One can see, in some details, that the hotel could benefit from a little face lift. Did not affect significantly the enjoyment of my stay.

Excellent staff. Very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed greatly my stay.

Great stay at Aldeia dos Capuchos
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Relax Package

I guess for a 4 star hotel, it is all ok.

The property is as presented by the photos. Good hotel with great pool. Good breakfast. Seems very family oriented.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

It is alright but they should improve.

Google map misinformation says you can just walk 10 min from Costa da Caparica to the Hotel but I don't recommended it. The walk is dangerous because of highways. They have a hotel shuttle ride but it is rigid. You actually have to book a time to town and back. Because they are rigid you better make it back at the time you booked. We instead opted for the short taxi drive to town and back. Excellent outdoor pool but all the kids take up the lawnchairs. There is nowhere to sit out by the pool. What they call as Sauna was not much. The staff is totally snobbish like they are doing you a favor.

This place is beautiful modern, clean and airy structure. Restaurant menu is so excellent but if you opt for buffet then that is mediocre. The line up to the Nespresso machine is stupid. Best things were the indoor pool and workout room. They depend on a large flow of satisfied ppl from Spain. This is because it seems that the area has a Pablo Neruda connection.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

One of the best hotels since a long time!

I cannot find one point that they have to improve!

Comfortable rooms with oceanview, deliscious and healthy breakfast (ex fresh orange juice, a lot of fresh fruits, Nespresso with a good latte machiatto), live piano music in the evening, wonderful fitness with coaching, great pool and very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Aldeia dos Capuchos hospitality at its best ...

NA

It was one of the most joyful vacation I had for many years I couldn't be more happy staying at your hotel Excellent buffet breakfast coffee machine was hilarious...I am a coffee person Room cleaning room service and staff are exceptionally professional I can't think of any reasons not to stay one time at the luxury of your hotel

Everything was just perfect ☺️

Everything was just perfect ☺️

We liked the balcony view ( from 5 th floor ).
    • Studio (3 Adults)

We liked the balcony view ( from 5 th floor ).

I would definitely book it again

the cleaning stuff could be more precise. Rather late check-in hour.

Very nice room with a view of the Atlantic Ocean from the balcony. Very quiet.

Highly recommend! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Relax Package

Fantastic hotel, beautiful place, perfect location, great selection of food. Clean through out, very friendly staff. Can’t wait to book again!

Fantastic location, great view, very friendly and...

Fantastic location, great view, very friendly and professional staff everyone make you feel like at home and very welcoming

stayed many times at this hotel good location and useful for us

Telephone for room service never answered

Staff good buffet very limited

Great spa hotel

Too remote

Great spa hotel

In a nutshell, the hotel is beyond all expectations!

Nothing :)

Well, I would say that everything is nice.

The bed was bad and also the amenities could be better

breakfast is more than expected
    • Studio with Side Sea View

the 2 girl receptionist kept me waiting for too long and they cant speak english very well

breakfast is more than expected

The dinner, I think that for a hotel with 4 stars could be...
    • Studio with Passion Program

The dinner, I think that for a hotel with 4 stars could be much better.

Everything including the view

Everything including the view

Excelente vista

Custo do buffet

Excelente vista

Excellent hotel with spectacular sea view of Costa da Caparica.

It was all good.

The location and the view was spectacular.

I have enjoyed my vacation with my family at the very nice hotel.
    • Studio (3 Adults)

some staffs are not very kind

very clean and nice location

as the price and the quality is a very good choice. easy to reach. very nice breakfast

the rooms do not get enough sun

Perfekt Breakfast, Perfekt Lokation

Comfortable and clean, recommended for relaxation

If there could be more direction signs how to reach the swimming pool and the other facilities

The view, the food, the indoors swimming pool, the gym

Amazing

All was perfect

I lived the relaxing atmosphere well spent money

Nice breakfast , nice room, comfortable beds

Bathroom

Nice breakfast , nice room, comfortable beds

Great hotel!

Excellent place for holidays, very good restaurant, very nice service. 20 min by car from Lisbon.

Lovely and relaxing
    • Studio

More crockery. Iron and ironing board. A more organised kids club for all ages.

Lovely hotel. Lovely facilities in

Water in pool was very cold.
    • Studio

Water in pool was very cold. Small number of lounge chairs and umbrellas for such big hotel. Breakfast is mess. A lot of people and not enough tables

Shabby and poor

The place and the rooms were diabolical and falling apart

The spa - pool.

Breakfast... terrible

The spa - pool.

great location
    • Studio (3 Adults)

outdoor pool should have warm water

Room space, indoor pool, good breakfast

Great place!

Pool is amazing! Breakfast buffet fabulous!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

All but some Guinga that did not at the room

All but some Guinga that did not at the room

Our room has extra bed.
    • Studio (3 Adults)

No porter available to take our luggages

Our room has extra bed... food is good

The staff were very friendly - fab gentleman in dinning room...
    • Studio with Side Sea View

The staff were very friendly - fab gentleman in dinning room was very helpful with how to use the coffee machine ! Nothing was any trouble.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Amazing park, nice and spacious room

Amazing park, nice and spacious room

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

the spa.
    • Special Offer - Double Room with Relax Package

dinner should more choice, and the spa access to complicate.

the spa. breakfast, room decoration. hotel facility.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Great to have mimosas for breakfast

Great to have mimosas for breakfast

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Breakfast was excellent

Breakfast was excellent Pool was very good

Browse Aldeia dos Capuchos Golf & SPA traveller photo gallery