Reviews of Hotel Mercure Lisboa 4 stars

Av. José Malhoa 23, Campolide, 1000-090 Lisbon, Portugal

#179 of 329 hotels in Lisbon

The only thing we were a little disappointed by was that the pool roof wasn’t opened during the finer days of our stay.

The staff were extremely helpful, and we couldn’t have expected a better breakfast.

The menu for the restaurant was very poor. As we were travelling for work we chose the hotel due to parking facility. unfortunately, there was a 10 EUR/night charge which wasn't mentioned in advanced.

Very nice breakfast in great location.

Pictures do not represent the hotel as they were taken ages ago. The room windows are so small to create a prison-like feeling. Staff was rude and hardly speaking English. The pool was so old that it should not be allowed to advertise they have one.

Unfortunately the pool was closed during our stay. We were informed of this prior to our arrival and the hotel staff kindly upgraded this to make up for the inconvenience. We were informed that our upgrade included 5 free drinks, it wasn't specified however until we were checking out that these drinks only included water or soft drinks - not alcohol. While it didn't really matter to us it should have been clarified when we were told we were entitled to them at check in

Rooms were of a nice size and the beds were clean and comfortable. good selection of toiletries available in the bathroom. Breakfast was excellent, really good choice of food, very fresh and tasty. the area was fine during the day, I don't think id really want to be walking around it at night though. Very close to the metro, which has you in the city in about 20 mins for under 1.50 euro!

The electricity drops as soon as you take the card (but its place is about 3 m to the door, so you stay in dark before you reach the door)! Usually it is just at the side of the door...

Very convenient location, close to 7 Rios bus and train stations, and to universities, besides the Calouste Gulbenkian foundation. Very nice breakfast (not included), helpful and kind staff. A bus line takes you directly to Belém area and it is also relatively close to the airport.

It is rather an old hotel, watersupply of the shower is very small.

Location of the hotel is very good, close to metro and train stops with decent restaurants and supermarket near by.

The location was quite far from the metro and city centre. There are not many choices of restaurants around. The location is a let down.

The room was very comfortable. The bed was very cosy. The lighting and decor of the room was very nice. The hotel decor was very nice. The breakfast buffet was nice but i loved the bread the most. Overall the hotel saved our holiday because Lisbon has nothing much to offer.

No complimentary mineral bottles given My bed was diagonal. Was on the verge of falling off my bed

Breakfast was good The mural at the lift lobby was nice

Very expensive breakfast! By Portuguese standards.... more expensive than an average lunch!

Great room, clean and quiet with an excellent bed! Great location, 2 minutes away from the subway/train/bus station.

The staff was not at the level off 4 stars hotel and room service orders was very poor. They dont now anything about the food or about delivery time. Very dissapointed.

It was clean and the lady on the recption was very helpfull

Staff is very unfriendly. Even location is not in city center. Overall experience was very disappointing and below expectation.

Breakfast spread was good

Very minor thing but there was a red light shining over hot foods such as scrambled eggs and beans on the table at the breakfast but because of the light, we could hardly see the original colour or the foods.

Nice breakfast. Dinner at the restaurant was also good. Clean room.

Everything. The staff was rude and the hotel dint have a bell boy . They dint have ac it was heater and you cannot change the same to cooler since it was cold according to them. Very poor hotel

The pool wasnt so good, almost cold water. The room wasnt as shown in the pictures. We asked for a room with a good view and on the highest floor and we got probably the worst view of the hotel.

Decent location, decent Room space

Nice room, good bed and very clean. Very nice staff, good value breakfast and the pool was amazing even in December. Definitely would recommend anyone to go try this hotel as i think is one of the best in Lisbon!

Place is not really lisbon city centre and really quiet at night. Major sites however accessible by train and metro

Location is close to the seta Rios bus station and train station. Staff is friendly

The hotel is good, room was spacey and complete. I had a little accident in Lissabon, slipped and broke my ankle, and the staff was really helpful calling an ambulance and understanding that we couldn’t check out on time. What a fantastic service!

• Standard Twin Room

The Bar shut too early. As residents you would expect to be served at midnight particularly on the night of Halloween. So we walked about 300 metres to the IBIS and met friends there.

The staff were very friendly. The location is great for arriving from the south by car. The accommodation offers great value for money. The beds were particularly comfortable. We cannot comment on the breakfast as we chose to eat on the road on our return journey. Plenty of u derground parking too.

Food service in the bar. Ordered 4 meals and only received 3. Had to ask twice more for the fourth meal. Received a free drink for my son whose meal was missing but no reduction in bill.

Extremely clean, comfortable, friendly reception staff, very helpful and recommended good places to visit.

Booked this for my mother and father who are extremely picky however they absolutely loved the hotel staff were incredible and so was the hotel only minor complaint was the shower pressure was not great but if that’s all my mother had to say we are doing well!

• Superior Twin Room

Cooked breakfast items not always kept as hot as they should be. No iron was available.

Was in a premium room - reasonable choice of "freebies" from the mini bar. The dinner at the restaurant was very good and reasonably priced. 5 minutes walk from the metro and 20 minutes walk from nearest shopping mall. Very comfortable stay. Wifi Excellent. Rooftop pool was an added bonus for cooling off at the end of the day.

The AC in our room didn't switch off: we were always receiving cold air and it was noisy all night.: NOT confortable at all. The staff admitted their incapacity to solve it. The room is small and the single tiny window makes it really claustrophobic.

30 mins on metro to city centre, but close to airport.

12 Euros for a good buffet breakfast, which was excellent value. Also small but adequate rooftop pool.

Initially we got put in a standard room which had a tiny double bed. More like a large single! Me and my partner are both extremely tall so I told reception that wasn't going to work. They moved us to a bigger room with a bigger bed thank goodness! It's not in town but it's easy enough to get to central Lisbon. takes about 10 mins walk and 10 mins tube.

Staff were very courteous. Room was well cleaned. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious! Hotel organised a hire car for me and it was wonderful and easy.

• Standard Twin Room

The attitude of the staff member at Reception, upon checking-in. There was definitely a feeling of snobbery, of looking down their nose at me because I was not dressed in business clothes. I did not feel respected or valued. Lots of single men hanging around the swimming pool area, supposedly playing with their phones, but instead they were watching the two females (me and one other guest) swimming. Creepy. The pool is not staffed, so I did not feel safe. That was disappointing, for a hotel of this calibre.

The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good. Breakfast and bar staff very friendly.

We did not have any breakfast at the hotel as we considered it to be a little expensive compared to the bakery across the street. Nevertheless, the breakfast could still be very good at Mercure.

Pleasant stay in a good and tidy room. Facilities were nice (e.g. parking garage and pool). And the metro/subway (Jardim Zoologico) was just a few minutes walk. Using the metro, you were able to reach the city center within 15 minutes.

Paper cups. A mug would be nice.

The bed was very comfortable. Clean quiet room. Excellent and very helpful staff. Nearby Sete Rios bus station that have buses to all over Portugal. Wifi in room. 10-15 minutes drive to airport.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

The Staff of the restaurant was a bit unprofessional and not always kind, rushing people at breakfast as closing time was approaching.

In general, everything.

I was charged twice (pre-authorisation of my card made at check-in has not been cancelled /converted at the moment of final payment at check-out) and the answers I get to my claims now are ridiculous. Not mentioning that at the check-in I was assured and reassured they use my card for guarantee only. I

breakfast and view from lift with glass window

The bar only stayed open until midnight, and was not well stocked.

Very helpful staff and excellent breakfast choice. Rear facing rooms have a great view of the ancient Aqueduct. Situated between the Airport and the City, this is a very convenient hotel in a relatively quiet neighbourhood. The metro is a short walk from the hotel so you can be in the centre of Lisbon within 15 minutes from leaving the hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Rude staff. Unhelpful. Did not inform about the outdoor pool or about the charge on minibar! We ended up paying €59 on check out! When we asked why the staff said the minibar isn't free in our room and if we were taking snacks we should've dialled reception. As we asked to speak to manager in charge he was rude and 2 members threatened to call the police and take us to court! We ended up paying as it was "our fault" Breakfast was all cold and undercooked. Had to ask staff to refill breakfast and even with that was a long wait!

Comfy bed.

The hot buffet breakfast was freezing cold I'm glad I didn't pay for breakfast with our room rate at 12 euro it's very expensive for what you get. I would recommend going down the road to the bagel cafe for a nice toasted bagel and coffee for 2.50

The staff on reception are excellent, really helpful always professional and pleasant. Room was nice, big bed, temperature was ok but if you needed to use the aircon it's violently noisey!

The dinner menu hadn't many choices. It's also a bit away from Lisbon city.

The breakfast was phenomenal, so many options to choose from. The staff were great, they looked after us very well. The bar was nice. The room was great. It was very clean. Close to the airport.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Speed of the internet was the only negative thing about my stay.

Staff were extra friendly and helpful! I made full use of the pool and it was nice and relaxing. Location was super as well just up the road from a vegetarian restaurant.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

You have to pay for the parking and for breakfast, which brings it to the price of a 5 stars hotel...it is only 4. Location - not too close to city centre. Otherwise all fine.

Nice swimming pool, comfortable room and bed, nice breakfast. Wonderful view with the viaduct, but tiny suffocating windows

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Standard Twin Room

location could have been bit nearer city centre but still good

Beds very comfortable. Good breakfast and evening meal on the one night we dined in hotel

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

I requested a room away from the lifts, I got one directly opposite the lifts

Helpful staff, English speaking as I don't speak Portuguese, I could print my boarding pass, excellent location, clean and tidy

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

The hotel is expensive.The pool was small compare to the size of the hotel.

The pool was nice and warm.The room was beautiful and very comfortable.The breakfast was a bit pricey but nice.Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Breakfast wasn't that great. For the price I expected to get tea served on the table and not for me to even dispense the hot water from a complicated dispenser.

Joao was extremely helpful in answering my questions about setting up wifi on my prone and had all the info about tours I was interested in. That place is very clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Standard Twin Room

Room temperature that was very very warm and the air conditioner was off.

The hotel is very good. A great deal. Not near the centre but it is easy to go around by taxi which is quite unexpensive in Lisbon. Great staff, excellent breakfast. The only thing that was not good for us was the room temperature. Although we stayed there during Fall the room was very very warm and the air conditioner was off.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

I found it not to be so close from the city center. Still good connection by metro.

The staff was very helpful and anticipated our needs.Very polite and kind. Clean room, comfortable beds, good wifi connection, beautiful view from our window and from the elevator as well. I liked that one of the elevator walls was made of glass allowing you to enjoy the view. Nice pool on the roof. Late check-out available with no extra costs. I stayed also at Novotel hotel but Mercure is much better, you can open the window for fresh air, has more comfortable rooms with larger TV and most important the prices are smaller.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Standard Twin Room

The location of the property was not that good. A good 15/20 minute walk to a supermarket and it also took around a 40 minute journey to get to the centre on the metro.

The pool was so nice especially with the rooftop view.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

No electric outlet near the bed to plug in a CPAP breathing machine. Had to get a real up extension cord from the bell desk to reach the closest wall plug.

On site restaurant with good food and very pleasant staff.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Limited choice for dinner. A little out of the city but worth it for the pool. Small cafe for breakfast near Metro but nowhere to go for dinner unless Mercure or back into city.

Could keep bags in holding room at start and end of stay. Staff very polite. Great view from lift! Comfortable bed. Free toiletries, room safe, free drinks daily from mini fridge. About 8-10 minute walk to Metro.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

Dining room opens at 7:30 P.M. Swimming pool was cold as it is in the opened. Very far from shopping center though the metro is near by.

Staff promptness in providing things that you need. I like the room & comfortable king size bed. Breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

We asked for a quiet room. The room we got looked over a car park where there was extremely loud party which went on until 3am.we asked to move room but were told all the rooms looked over this car park. Unimpressed.

long waiting time at the reception to check out by a woman at the reception desk

Good location, close to public transport, clean, comfortable rooms

• Standard Twin Room

We stayed only one night because of the bus station near the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable, friendly staff.

Good location, breakfast and friendly personel

Staff and location

Small windows inside the room. No gym. Poor tv without usb connection.

Good breakfast, good location near to metro station.

Overpriced

Very good breakfast, silent room.

The location did not have any local restaurants.

The breakfast was very good with high quality regional food products.

Put on the ninth floor, right where they were working on the pool. Very noisy all day

Location, night staff, shuttle bus. Lovely lobby.

Air con wasn't working

Hotel was good and comfortable and location was great

Staff were fantastic, breakfast was good quality and value, rooms were spacious and comfortable.

Bad wifi

Good bed

All was ok.

Clean rooms, close to airport. Thanks for lending us the wine glasses.

Good breakfast Swimming pool on the 9th floor Friendly people

Nothing?

Very friendly staff, great breakfast, nice, pretty large pool at the top!

needs a fitness room in addition to the already present (and nice) pool

all was good

Beds very comfy.

Only the swimming pool was a little cold. Tha area and the water could be a little more warmer.

The room was extremely clean and the bed very comfy.

Not really 4 star hotel. Garish decoration ‘restaurant’ part of the bar, room a bit tired looking

Shower

The room was too hot. Can't have proper sleep

Swiming

The indoor pool was excellent!

All was good

Swimming pool

Room service and location.

It was very close to the airport, around 7 mims by car.

Central air condition

Close to the metro and train

Staff are always very helpful, this is our third stay and never fails. Easy to get to and ideally located.

• Standard Twin Room

Location and cleanly maintained!

The people were nice and helpful. The room was very silent and clean

Staff helpful. Room Clean, comfort bed, quiet place. Taxi driver recommended by the hotel staff to the airport was very helpful

Browse Hotel Mercure Lisboa traveller photo gallery