Reviews of V Dinastia Guesthouse

Rua Dom João V, 7, Campo de Ourique, 1250-089 Lisbon, Portugal

#271 of 343 B&Bs and Inns in Lisbon

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Room cleaners were a bit over vigorous and removed items they shouldn’t have touched and were a bit lax on actual cleaning which you would have thought was their primary job!

Reception staff were great and helpful.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Tiny bathroom. Homestaging doesnt work in guesthouse (paint on bathroom tiles was peeling off)

Location close to metro and 24 tramline. Private carpark very convenient and cheap for Lisbon. Simple buffet breakfast but at reasonable price.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

One of the staff bugged me a bit. Crazy room design with 3 beds and almost no walking space. Very tight private toilet. When even going to the loo is unconfortable... Not very clean and the cleaning staff touched my stuff while cleaning. The walls let the sound invade the room. I was constantly hearing even the notifications sound of a smartphone on the room next door. Very expensive for such a poor experience.

Near the city centre and very near the subway.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

I rented the room for E 95 for 4 days The next day and days I saw it for much lower prices even up to E 50 per day This tumbled my trust in booking.com very much!! Please comment me on this!!

Location breakfast

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

On arrival there are steps down to the reception and steps up to the first level, from which there is then a lift, so if you have heavy luggage, initially it's a bit frustrating. The bathroom in my room was incredibly small. I had to sit sideways on the toilet, and managed to smack my head into a glass shelf as I reached to get something off the floor. Tall or large people would struggle in this bathroom I would think.

The guesthouse was located very close to Rato metro, though up the hill so bear that in mind if walking and hauling heavy luggage. My room, though small, was comfortable with a window opening out to the back car park. Despite that I found my room to be quite quiet. There was a heater which helped warm up the room when the weather turned chilly unexpectedly. I found the staff to be very helpful.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Overall low quality compared to the price paid. Bathroom need to be really refurbished. Cleanliness not at standard level particularly towels and bathroom door.

Kind and helpful staff. Location.

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

The single room was super small. I thought breakfast was included but it wasn't. I also do not like that I have to turn in the room key when I leave and ask for it back.

The staff was very helpful and a spoke an array of languages. It was super clean, well-located, and they have lots of resources (maps, phone numbers, guides) that make the trip even easier.

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

I found it a little loud. (but I live in the countryside, so I am not used to city noise).

The staff were very friendly and helpful. It was close to all the places I needed to be, and I could walk to them which was why I chose this hotel. My stay was really good. The room a little small, but it suited my needs. It was nice to have a window that opened.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Close to metro, but i had ti change lines after one stop, but that's not there fault really. They wewe probably there before the metro system anyway...

Helpful staff. Good facilities for old style guesthouse.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Excellent location. Right near a metro and also a good walk to the centre of town. The young gentleman on the desk was very helpful with information on which sights to see and how to get around Lisbon.

Not clean.

Kind and very helpful staff. The place is in a walk distance from everything. With that being said, the room wasn't clean, the bathroom was tiny and not clean as well, the tiles were broken.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

We ordered two singlebeds, and we got a “double” bed, that was actually a 1,5 bed. When we made aware of this, the manager got mad and told us that if we didn’t like it we could just leave and that they didn’t have anymore single bed rooms available. (This was what we ordered, “ double room, two single beds with private bathroom). The breakfast was very bad, with fake sugar juice and really not interesting. Much better to go to one of the local cafes. When we asked for an extra sheet to sleep under (there was only one for two people) we got on extra but it was wet.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Great staff! Helpful multilingual people at the frontdesk and wonderful cleaning ladies who always left our room and common facilities spotless. For breakfast (or pequeno almoço) good assorted bread rolls and croissants, as well as cereal, fresh fruit and yogurt, are offered alongside delicious spreads and cheese. The coffee and juice machines provide the guests with excellent espressos, cappuccinos and tropical juices. Everybody knows the city pretty well and gave us the best tips.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

I would like to point out the kindness of the staff. We were dealing with a guy , unfortunately don’t remember his name, extremely nice, friendly, helpful and professional.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

We found the bed uncomfortable and the washbasin drain did not seem to have a trap, so the smell from the water closing (pan) could be smelt.

The shower had plenty of hot water and the room was warm.

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

The room didn't always have enough towels or a spare blanket, although we could request these. The electric radiator wasn't very intuitive, but worked well once plugged in. Windows were glazed, although were easily opened.

Staff were very helpful with directions to my conference venue, local restaurants and the city's attractions, and spoke good English. Hotel lift was a tourist attraction in its own right. It was near to Lisbon's monumental aqueducts in a quiet area of the city. Self-service breakfast was nice, with fresh bread and fruit, sliced melon.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Nothing it was all good.

The bed was firm and comfy and the room was very clean. We enjoyed the breakfasts with a good choice offered. The staff were friendly and helpful. We would definitely visit here again.

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

There was also an awfull smell in the room, but when i checked in I thought it was only temporary and opened the window. But the last night the smell was so bad that I actually decided to leave the hotell 2h before I had to, just to get out. Then unfortunately I saw With my own eyes what the smell was: Sewage coming out of the showerdrain. I was shocked and told the man in the reception straight away. I also said that when realizing what the smell actually came from was I felt that a discount would be in order. He said that I had to send an email to the manager. So I did. Several times. They did not reply untill my 5th email. With a simple: "I'm sorry, but did you tell anyone?". I told my story once again also asking them if they had even fixed the problem. He replied after Three more email: "We will not give you any compensation since you did not tell anyone about the smell before the leak." His question about whether I talked to anyone seems strange. Sewage leak is a quite serious matter and the manager would know if they did any measures to fix the problem. I also think that those cleaning the rooms should have reacted to the smell if this was this was out of the ordinary. There is a reason why there are no photos of the rooms. The standard you get is not worth the money at all. There is a terrible noice from the traffic outside and there is no fan in the room so you would have to keep the window open. So if you are up for smelly rooms and no sleep you should definetly book your stay here.

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

The noise was awful from traffic outside. I had to phone reception through the night as i was still awake at 4am. I told them I had to check out next day and was crying as i was so tired. The noise was awful!!!! The pillows were lumpy and I could sleep on then! When I looked under the pillow case they were full of yellow stains!! Disgusting!

Only the staff were kind and helpful

• Triple Room with Private Bathroom

No fresh air in the room and in the bathroom, was very hard to breath at night. The breakfast is pretty cheap but disappointing.

Cheap prize, individual good beds, nice old elevator, very friendly staff, next to a metro station.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The hotel was a bit run down and is need of a renovation, more for business people than tourists, location is ok but on busy road and noisy.

good breakfast, helpful staff, clean and comfortable room.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

We came at the busiest time of the year, they were the only reasonably priced hotel. Not the hotel's fault to increase their rates but it is ridiculously high.

Good breakfast

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

No airco, we we're on the third floor which can become very hot. We had a very small room and very narrow bathroom. The 2nd night (we stayed 3 nights) till 3am a party took place on the floor above, considering the floors are of wood. Reception could not help ...

Very friendly staff, good breakfast. A very good Chinees restaurant can be found in the same street just a couple of minutes walk named 'Macau' !

• Triple Room with Private Bathroom

Even thou it is cheap, little details could improve the stay masively! Very, very, very, very basic. I have been in places for the same price or less a night and they were far better. Rooms are very small. It is basically beds to sleep and toilet with shower... Thats all. A wardrobe will be nice. A stand in the showers will be good, even a kettle that cost a fiver. I mean...it is so basic that, i was surprised we had beds! A place to crash, thats it.

Price is fair and you get what you paid for I suppose... Very clean which is good. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

I checked into my room , only to find it had a disgusting smell in the bathroom when I opened the door & soon the whole room smelt is sewage. I wanted to cancel immediately.

Very friendly & helpful & pleasant staff

• Triple Room with Private Bathroom

No aircon and no fans available to rent even. Manager said they are a guesthouse NOT a Hotel. What more can I say.

Not much next to main road too noisey

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

- sanitary facilities were smelly but clean - Toilet was not a real separate room

- Price was fair - Breakfast was nice - WiFi did work - Distance to old town very small

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

Exactly as expected. Very friendly, helpful staff 24 hours. Clean, quiet, good breakfast buffet. Close to metro, easy access to airport, city center or walkable to variety of neighborhoods.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Our room was a little small, and we would have liked a little flip down desk. The bathroom was very small, I would rather not had a bidet and have a bit more space. Our room was on the first floor and backed onto the car park where a lot of the guests congregated to smoke, who were quite loud in the evening and then early in the mornings they all left early for work in their cars and vans (didn't mind the car noise so much) very loud chatting etc.

We liked how easy it was to get to the hotel from the motorway and parking was great. The daytime concierge was fantasticially helpful and friendly. There were bus stops very close by and the metro just around the corner, so getting right into the centre of Lisbon was perfect. Walking was a bit further, but we managed it twice. Breakfast was quite good.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Too close to the read so from certain rooms you can hear the cars.

The reception staff is helpful, they try to find a solution for your needs. If you arrive bu car, the guest house have a internal parking area very safe and easy to access, that is very useful so you do not need to park outside, your car is safe and you can go in and out at any time.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Room could have been slightly larger and a few more surfaces on which to put things

Staff v helpful and friendly. Good value breakfast Corner room with two windows looking east and south

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

All twin rooms actually have 3 beds, so the room they gave us was pretty crammed. We asked to change after 2 nights because the early traffic noise was really unbearable where we were, and the second room we got was really 5 times better than the first. Still 3 beds but with a lot more room, we had nice duvets instead of the simple blankets of the other room, the bathroom was a lot nicer too. It's clear there are two different room standards for some reason.

The breakfast was really good with enough sweet and savoury options to please all. The staff was overall very acomidating.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Super friendly and helpful staff, room basic but had everything needed so excellent value for money! Definitely recommend for a budget travel to Lisbon, plus you get some extra tips for exploring the city at Reception.

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

I stayed a second time not through booking. I took a side trip and came back for afew days and moved on. First time I was on the second floor and the wireless was fine on the third floor nothing wrong with the room but the wireless was very bad. That is the only negative I have about my experience here.

The staff was extremely helpful. The food was nothing special but it was responsible.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

This is my second stay at Dinastia guesthouse and one more time I really enjoyed my stay with a friendly staff , clean Room and nice breakfast , I will stay again next time I come back to Lisbon .

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Triple Room with Private Bathroom

Receptionist was very friendly and helpful during night which we arrived. Only what I need to tell...I dont want named but someone on breakfast dont say to us in the morning hello. I understand....not every day is happy day.... but this make us a little bit feel uncomfortable.

We got apartment instead one room so we were happy. Bed was ok for the price. A lot of space. View for city. A new and modern kitchen. Recommend for groups or families.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The wardrobe was lacking and I didn't really have a good place to store my clothes. A simple shelf would have been better.

It was less than a minute to walk to the metro, and it was a five minute walk to a shopping center where you can shop, dine, and pick up groceries. Also really close to Jardim Estrela, which is a beautiful park in general and had a great play area for children.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The bathroom was very dirty. Tub was in need of resurfacing. Didn't want to touch anything!

The staff especially the afternoon shift were great! The rooms were bare bones which is ok.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Very small rooms, average quality breakfast and not the best crew at desk

Great location in center, close to Metro and with Parking. Freshly refurbished rooms.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The only dynasty that has ruled this place is most certainly an army of bedbugs. After our first night in room 006 we discovered a lot of red spots on our backs, arms and legs. The second night it got even worse, so we asked to change rooms. Even though they gave us a new room the manager denied that the mattress had bedbugs. Our recommendation: for carefree travels stay somewhere else if you can!

The bedbugs

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

During the night bad smell in the bedroom, maybe the bathroom pipe. Need changes this....

The location is good, near bus station Rato. Thats GREAT!!

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

The breakfast was excellent, the room and its facilities for the price was beyond what i expected and the staff was very helpful and pleasant.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Elevator was dangerous metal doors could injure person

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

cramped bathroom and without hot cold mixer

the bidet is present but has no mixer

No self catering

Staff very polite and friendly. Breakfast nice only recommendation would be tea coffee materials in the rooms

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Vi miss Telephone facilities only.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Small toilet bad ventilation in the rooms

Friendly staff good wifi parking

No comments

Cleanliness Comfort of bed

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Great location close to the train station and right across the street from the subway. Helpful and friendly staff.

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Dipak the host is a legendado and a top bloke! Highly reccomned for a good Nepalese welcome to Portugal!

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

The walls are quite thin so it was quite noisy when other guests were going around

Distance to metro

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

I like the location , they have great service customers , and great rooms

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

small room, we booked double bed and they only have twins bed..

nice ancient lift, good location

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Paying for parking, city tax and breakfast?!? Y

Home town

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

Room was small Had to pay extra for car park

Good nights sleep Good selection for Breakfast Well located Hotel had car park

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

The room smelled horrible. Toilet and shower was almost of no use.

Noisy. Smelled terrible. Got sick there overnight

Noisy - traffic

Staff were super friendly and helpfull

Would have preferred air conditioning in August.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Delicious breakfast buffet.

No air coditioning.

Wonderful and very helpful Stuff.

Staff,location

Amazingly helpful staff!!!!

• Triple Room with Private Bathroom

The bathroom was very dim lit and so kind of creepy -- showering was stressful.

Fun experience to go with friends

Street noise

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Could do with a fan or air con in room

Good location just up from Rato metro station

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

The room was not comfortable, the rooms were not adequately furnished. It was also too expensive.

The staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

the staffwere excellent and friendly, the breakfast was also good.

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

close to RATO metro station. Great price.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The room

Need more cleanliness in the room

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

very small room. No cupboard or locker. Too far away from the old city

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

No seat in room

Near metro

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

that s ok, I don t need any more

every thing allright

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

cold, noise in hotel, automatically pumped airfreshener :(

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

COMPETENT & HELPFULL STAFF; GOOD WIFI, NICE BREAKFAST, SAFE PARKING PLACE. THANKS FOR A VERY NICE STAY. SEE YOU... R²

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

All ok

Is ok

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Single Room with Private Bathroom

Noisy primary school outside window, not much available close to hotel, basic room.

Location close to subway, small balcony, elevator

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double or Twin Room with Private Bathroom

the view from my windows

The staff. the parking.