Reviews of Pergola Guest House B&B

9.7

9.8

9.9

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

such a nice typical house in the city center
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

nothing at all. there is no swimming pool,. but this is known and the sea is close by... there is no elevator, but this is also known so no surprises (except positive ones)

such a nice typical house in the city center nice garden with option to have a drink and breakfast in the garden a pity we only could stay 1 night. Definitely on the list to come back!

Quaint, comfortable, private, homely accommodations in the heart of a beautiful town.
    • Economy Single Room

There was no air-conditioning in my room which was not a problem in September, but maybe in July and August this could be uncomfortable. I shall have to visit again during the high summer to find out!

Paula and staff were exceptionally friendly and spoke English fluently. I received a warm welcome which and was shown to a comfortable, private room with a fantastic big bathroom which made life easier as did the decent WiFi connection. The location is perfect. It's in easy walking distance of everything and very easy to find. The little extras like daily "port on the patio" and breakfast made for great value. I am not really a breakfast eater, but what I saw looked good. The airport shuttle service was also a great help.

Wonderful. Would definitely stay there again.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

This is not a complaint, just a “Heads-Up”. Don't rely on your GPS. The street is one way and must be approached from the West. Stop outside ( or in the short term parking a few metres further on ) and unload you luggage. Then go to the underground car park further up the street and round the block. Costs eur 14 and directions can be obtained from the hotel. It works well, but getting back to the hotel from the car park when you leave requires careful studying of the local area and one way system - but it can be done !

This was a really great place to stay. The gate was opened immediately by a very welcoming manager. Everything under control and we were even helped to our room with our luggage. Breakfast was perfect and set on the pictuesque terrace one couldn't have asked for more. Plenty of space in the very Boutique styled room. The whole property was like an oasis.

Perfect
    • Large Single Room

Perfect Location, lovely house and staff. I especially liked the breakfast in the garden. You get exactly what you find in the description on booking. I will come back!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Absolutely wonderful, and very relaxing.
    • Economy Double Room

There really isn't many bars just to sit and have a glass of wine, every restaurant/bar seems to push food, and a nice wine bar where you could sit and relax would be wonderful. The Hotel Baia was the most relaxing one we found, with a veranda over looking the beach.

Wonderful old Portuguese house, in the heart of Cascais, about 5 min stroll to the town center, and beach. With A wonderful warm welcome, from staff, a Special thank you to Sophia, Ana, and Louisa for their kindness and hospitality on our stay, we re-booked before we left for next year. Cascais is a beautiful town, with wonderful restaurants, cafe's and shopping, with beautiful beach. with easy walk along seafront passing lovely restaurants all the way to Estoril.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

A haven of peace
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

Beautiful house, lovely garden. An oasis of calm in the busy town. Staff all very friendly and helpful, which added to the experience. Rooms kept very clean. Definitely will return.

The staff was incredible.
    • Economy Double Room

The staff was incredible. I can't say enough about how welcomed we felt. The location was perfect. We had traveled the previous 24 hours by plain and had a lot of delays so we overslept and missed breakfast by 30 minutes. When we woke up we were bummed and went downstairs to discover that they had been waiting for us to come down! That was so appreciated. They had great recommendations as well. Really great experience.

Absolutely amazing place to stay!
    • Economy Single Room

I wish I could’ve stayed longer.

Friendly staff. This place is BEAUTIFUL and I loved the ambiance. Close to the beach. The buffet breakfast is top notch. One of my favorite places I’ve stayed in all of Europe.

The old world charm and beautiful garden felt like home.
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

The lights in the hallway were a bit bright and came under the door and kept my husband awake. The carpet in our room needed to be replaced.

The old world charm and beautiful garden felt like home. The staff were helpful and accommodating .

Fantastic location in the heart of Cascais yet lovely and...
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

Fantastic location in the heart of Cascais yet lovely and calm as the house is set a bit back from the street on which it is located. We were greeted warmly, we received a complimentary glass of Port just after check in. The room was perfect and there were numerous living areas to relax and read in. Breakfast was beautifully presented and the staff were on hand to assist us for any of our queries

Fantastic place in Cascais or anywhere....
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Room with balcony is great. The house itself is a "one of". Perfect location in Cascais. Fantastic breakfast. Personnel are only ladies. We met with 4 during one night stay. All very helpful and nice. Beautiful garden.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

You must try this at least once

going home

I liked everything. No, I LOVED everything. The house is a very easy walk from the railway station. It's absolutely stunning, the gardens are amazing, a mix of exotic plants and delicate flowers, lovely sunny spots and quiet shaded areas. The Inside is mindblowing- a step back in time, ornate and elegant. Our room was really comfortable, best bed ever. Breakfast in the garden was a joy and best of all- the staff.... couldn't do enough for you, always smiling, always helpful- I'll miss them all.

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Perfola House. We lived it.

Everything was excellent.

All of the staff was extremely helpful and went out of their way to help us and answered our needs at all time. We woll definitely come again to stay here again when we visit Cascais. I regret that we left without saying good bye in a proper manner. Thank you for such an enjoyable experience.

I had a superb stay !
    • Economy Single Room

I had a superb stay ! Everything was perfect. I had to have an early breakfast and it was no problem at all. The surroundings are beautiful and everything is spotless.

Breakfast in the garden was excellent, though the coffee was...
    • Economy Single Room

Breakfast in the garden was excellent, though the coffee was mediocre. Staff was very friendly and cheerful. The garden was a really lovely place to sit and relax.

Perfect location in the center of Cascais . Exceptionally beautiful house and garden .
    • Economy Double Room

I liked everything but I am used to a more comfortable bed

The breakfast in the beautiful garden ! The lovely house which was still a ”home” with photos paintings etc .

Good location (in the center) really friendly staff.
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

Good location (in the center) really friendly staff. The rooms are spacious, nice beds and very clean. Breakfast is great! Eventhough you are in the city center, when you are inside it is very quit.

enjoyable over sll
    • Twin Room with Balcony

There was an unpleasant smell in the area next to the bathroom where the wall safe was located

The staff were charming, kind and helpful. It was lovely to have breakfast in the beautiful garden

Best hotel ever
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

Noise from the street several nights

Great location, tasty breakfast, lovely coffee and fresh made orangejuice, it was clean and cosy, the garden was amazing and the women who works there are so lovely, they really took care about their guests! I definitely come back some day.

Would highy recommend!
    • Economy Single Room

The mattess was hard that I had trouble sleeping. Ended up sleeping on top of my coverlet to get some cushioning.

Lovely atmosphere, rooms and garden. Presentation and service is top of the line. Done to perfection. Delicious, sumptious breakfast. The staff makes you feel special and very welcome as a guest.

Excellent apart from the weather which was not the B&Bs fault

in my opinion nothing !

It is a very attractive building so you feel "good" as you arrive. The staff were all outstanding - nothing was too much trouble. The gardens were beautiful and very relaxing to sit in and the location was ideal - close to all restaurants, shops etc but off the main roads soas to be peaceful particularly at night

Good location but de appointed with the room smell and the coffee in the was not very good.
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

There was a scent dispenser mounted on the bathroom wall that was definitely overpowering the whole room, not just the bathroom, which was not very pleasant.

Very satisfactory.
    • Economy Double Room

The restaurant recommended for the evening meal (I can't remember the name) did not seem all that good. We found a much better one, Camoes, a few streets away.

Very satisfactory. Staff helpful and friendly. Breakfast good.

The staff is extremely helpful and hospitable, the welcome...
    • Large Single Room

This old (stunning beautiful) house has no sound insulation. For light sleepers like me it may be a problem, especially in the morning when guests go up and down the stairs for breakfast, or cleaning ladies are doing their job...

The staff is extremely helpful and hospitable, the welcome Porto Tawny in the garden is lovely, the beds and pillows are super comfy, and it seems that the breakfast is absolutely delicious but I missed it! I must go back to try it!

Beautiful and comfortable place to stay
    • Twin Room with Balcony

Would like for a couple that it is not twin beds pushed together. Mattresses standard comfort and adequate but not luxurious like everything else at the property.

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Beautiful, large house. Nice breakfast with choice of warm and cold dishes. Loved that we could dine or relax in the beautiful gardens.

A thoroughly delightful place more than fulfilling all our...
    • Economy Single Room

A thoroughly delightful place more than fulfilling all our expectations. It was just as pretty as it looks in the pictures, but also comfortable and the staff were outstanding.

A place in wonderland!
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

It's a must see place in Cascais. A place with a context, history, story and soul. It felt as if I were a queen, living in my fairytale castle :)) And Sofia... She just makes you feel at home with her big smile & kindness. No words are enough for this place. It's not an accomodation but an unforgettable experience in Cascais :) Very close to the beach, center (and Santini -the famous gelato shop, don't leave Cascais without tasting it :) )

Loved every minute of my stay
    • Economy Single Room

The wifi was not always reliable but I didn't care about that as everything else was so good.

The buffet breakfasts were amazing - lots of choice and lovely home made cakes. The staff were warm, attentive, polite, efficient, kind, committed, intelligent and proactive. I have rarely stayed at a place where every single member of staff was focused on giving good service and helping guests without ever being patronising, servile or insincere. I heard them speaking English, Spanish, German and Portuguese; advising guests on places to visit and how to get there; taking photos of family groups; organising taxis etc: I think they call this Total Quality Management - Pergola had it in spades. The interior decor of the guest house is breathtaking - lots of artwork; original tiled floors and painted tiles on the walls; sculpture and period ornaments; beautiful lamps; cosy sofas; books; two large sitting rooms to relax in.... not to mention the steaming hot chocolate; gin and tonic with nuts on the terrace; cappuccino and Portuguese custard tarts in the garden; free port in the evenings and hassle free pick up from the airport at a fixed price (45 Euro). If you're looking for a place to relax with quality, good food and old fashioned service, this is it. While sitting in the beautiful garden I noticed that many passers by took photos of the property and looked longingly through the wrought iron gates at those of us lucky enough to be on the other side. Very impressed!

Pampering and caring was the theme from people who love what they do.

Nothing, it was perfect.

It is a beautiful and charming place with spacious rooms right in the center of Cascais. The people who work there could not be kinder or more welcoming! A wonderful daily breakfast by Fatima, port wine in the lovely garden by Sofia or Paula, and help with any tourist question you may have. And the other guests were fun and friendly. A most wonderful experience and I cannot wait to stay there again.

enjoyed every every minute.

can,t think of a thing,suited us all.

location,style and comfort staff were excellent,the guest house was a major part in the enjoyment of our break in cascais. highly recommended by all inour group,6 people.

Brilliant, loved it!
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

Perhaps the offer of egg options for breakfast, tea/coffee making facilities in room but this is just being picky, not a serious issue!

Staff were lovely, very friendly and helpful! House is old and very traditional, if you want TV in your room this place is not for you. There is a TV in the lounge which came in useful when the rain was very heavy. Location is great for central area, restaurants, bus and train station, local shopping center etc. The port offered between 6 and 8pm every evening is a lovely idea and gives guests a chance to chat.

Wonderful experience.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The rooms, garden, exterior are breathtaking. House is 109 years old but beautifuly maintained and mostly original. Stepping inside is like entering a museum, except the place has a very warm and bright radiance about it. Highly recommended.

Fantastic house - would definitely stay again
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

In our view, breakfast was just average. There was plenty of food, but it was ordinary, e.g., ham, cheese, bread, cereal, yogurt, but no local specialties that other B&Bs in Portugal introduced us to.

The house with its tiles and history is lovely. The garden is gorgeous and nice to sit in. The location is in Cascais is perfect. The staff gave us personalized attention and was very friendly.

Portuguese charm.
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

I immediately felt very welcome in this charming house . The staff is friendly and helpful. My room was very confortable, clean and pleasant. The house breaths the old portuguese style and is just as lovely as in the pictures. Breakfast was great.

Great experience!!!!
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

The only downfall is the parking situation (there is a parking garage very close by though. It cost 12 EUR for 24 hr, but if you need to get your car earlier you'll pay by hour) and if you can not live without a TV in the room.

Everything was great!!!! Fantastic, kind, helpful and professional staff. Our room was very clean and charming furnished. The location unbeatable. Walking distance to ocean, train station, shopping, restaurants and bars. Everything reachable within 5 min. by foot.

A great resting place while enjoying Cascais.
    • Economy Single Room

The bed was very comfortable and found myself waking up refreshed. The room was so well arranged that it seemed more spacious. The bathroom was large and with an excellent tub and shower which is sometimes hard to find at this price range. The place was in an older restored building but did not feel old just charming.

Very satisfactory choice excellent value for money

No complaints

Extremely well appointed guest house very well decorated in a period style.Every effort has been made to make this Manor House attractive and welcoming.Staff very attentive and helpful.Good breakfast in pleasant surroundings.

Very cozy mansion to hunker down in!!
    • Economy Double Room

The rooms are dated in some ways, but that is obviously part of this guest house charm!

This is a very homey, comfortable MANSION to stay in - ha ha. You really feel like you are back in another era. Great big garden and a mirrored ballroom for the breakfast. Also reading rooms on each floor and a port tasting hour. The staff are very friendly & helpful. I had stayed here before and would return in the future. Cascais is an amazing town!

A warm welcome from an old style Portuguese house
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

There was a rather noisy barking dog on a couple of afternoons belonging to one of the neighbours...

The staff make you welcome and whatever you want or need they will try to help. They do really make a difference. The hotel is like stepping back in time, it is a real old fashioned Portuguese home but with all of the modern facilities. Great location, good breakfast and comfortable bed! Lots of restaurants around to suit all tastes.

Quality in everything, great hospitality and super welcome
    • Economy Double Room

Nothing, it was an altogether positive experience

Superb hospitality with very friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was very fresh, very well prepared and presented with a good choice of hot and cold items. Beautifully furnished with period pieces. Great location near the centre of town.

Very beautiful house thoughtfully restored/maintained...
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

Prefer separate shower whereas this is above the bath. Bathroom completely tiled in purple is a bit overwhelming! Judging from the number of people arriving just before 10am when breakfast finishes there are others like myself who woud prefer a later finish!

Very beautiful house thoughtfully restored/maintained with period decor/furniture and fantastic gardens. Lovely shared lounge area. Great location, 5 mins walk from train and close to restaurants and the beach. Welcoming and helpful people. Excellent breakfast.

A beautiful place and convenient location in Cascais!

Little plastic packages of shampoo and bath gel. Understandably, this large and comfortable older house did not have an elevator but the staff was very helpful in getting the bags to our rooms.

The location was perfect and the facilities were great! The staff was wonderful and breakfast was delicious. Sophia, our afternoon hostess, was the best and made our stay very comfortable.

Comfortable room at the front of the house.
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

It would have been nice to have tea or coffee making facilities in the room but that wouldn’t put me off going again.

Comfortable room at the front of the house. The guesthouse is lovely and quiet, very central and spotlessly clean.

• Economy Double Room

The shower took a very long time to run hot (on the top floor), some warning would have been helpful

Lots of character, very nice breakfast, I particularly enjoyed the evening glass of port

All fine.
    • Economy Single Room

Whilst I couldn't care less, some might miss tv in room and struggled with hot water in shower but that was probably my stupidity.

Lovely breakfast, great location next to station and close to beach. Staff very facilitating. Complimentary glass of port was appreciated.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Elegant and comfortable

No concerns

This is a historic and elegant property in the heart of Cascais. The rooms are attractive. There are several lounge areas available to guests and Port wine is served each evening. I arranged the room for friends and by mistake entered the wrong date. When my friends didn’t show up on the date I had mistakenly entered, the Pergola House contacted me and graciously shifted the reservation without charge. This reflects the genuinely welcoming attention to guests.

Nice stay in a friendly place.
    • Economy Double Room

Nothing - everything was good.

bed was great and the breakfast was varid and extra delicious. The location in central Cascais is perfect. The staff was super friendly and helpful.

Lovely, quaint and very comfortable relaxing.
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

The breakfast area was lovely and the food very good. Staff extremely helpful. Each room was very different and several places to relax. The port wine for all guest was a plus. Beautiful home.

wonderful stay in Pergola!
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

Fantastic guest house…. nothing to fault. Gorgeous old ‘mansion’ and garden; clean, comfortable rooms with some antique furniture; super friendly and helpful staff and LOCATION – close to everything: beach, restaurants, shopping, sites of interest, walks. The evening complimentary drink of port was lovely and gave the chance to meet and chat with other guests in a cosy, grand old room in the house. Perfect stay – we’ll be back!

An original and historic house with superb friendly staff as well as the bonus of great breakfast
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

Would like a kettle so can make a cup of tea

Amazing breakfast and really friendly staff. Its in a superb location and easy to get to from the station as well as being in the centre of the town.

Superb B&B at the heart of Cascais

Nothing...

Everything! Rooms and the whoke house are clean, tidy and very aesthetic. Staff is friendly and helpful. Location is great, very close to restaurants, shopping areas and beaches. And the breakfast is really wonderful!

Thank you to all the staff at Pergola House for your excellent and friendly service.
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

There wasn't anything that we didn't like. It was a perfect stay and we are going back next year😎

Pergola House is a great property, in a great location, clean, comfortable and with amazing staff. My wife and I enjoyed the beautiful grounds, the delicious breakfasts and the glass of Port wine in the evenings.

A beautiful property and excellent staff; a fabulous way to relax in an ideal location.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The welcome and courtesy of staff was excellent throughout our stay. The complimentary port was an added bonus and the gardens beautiful. Having a balcony was fabulous.

Very Popular so Book Early to Get the Best Rooms.
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

We stayed for 4 nights. Unfortunately our first 3 nights (Oct 12, 13 & 14) were in a 2nd floor Economy Double room - the "Mimosa". It was very small, sparse, and disappointing. The "Mimosa" is not illustrated on their website, leading to our suspicion that it is only used as a last choice. Our 4th night (Oct 15th) was in a 2nd floor Standard Double - the "Anjos" that was very nice, had a lovely view of the garden and we would recommend it.

Great location. Lovely gardens and lots of comfortable outdoor seating. Delicious breakfast in the beautiful breakfast room or garden. Excellent staff. Overall good value. Main floor and 1st floor common areas very attractive, however the 2nd floor common area no where near as nice.

AN EXCELLENT WELL RUN HOTEL
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

NOTHING, I LIKED EVERYTHING.

THE BREAKFAST WAS VERY GOOD, THE ROOM WAS LARGER THAN AVERAGE AND COMFORTABLE AND THE STAFF WERE ALWAYS FRIENDLY, HELPFUL AND WELCOMING. IT WAS A JOY TO EAT BREAKFAST OUTSIDE IN SUCH A DELIGHTFUL WELL KEPT GARDEN.

One of the nicest places to stay
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

Nothing could have been better.

Really the best place to stay in Cascais for those wanting a cosy a friendly place to stay where personal service is 10 out of 10.. I will certainly stay there again.

Charming and relaxing
    • Twin Room with Balcony

En suite bathroom old and tired ,needs an up date Thought it most mingy supplying only basic cheap shampoo sachet with basic mini soap Hot water only tepid in the evening ,nice and hot for the delayed shower mext morning

Staff experts at meeting and greeting. Can understand why some fellow guests have been carried away and given the property an unrealistic 10 rating This Property is extremely charming and centrally located ,with lovely front garden attracting passers -by to want to photograph it .The garden very good for sitting down and enjoying a very pleasant al fresco breakfast( to quite high standard) Had front facing first floor room with balcony. great ,a little pricey.

Very convenient location. And good value for your money.
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

The mattress and pillows in our room need an upgrade. Air conditioner did not cool enough. To leave window open wasn't an option as it's too noisy....

The breakfast was excellent. The staff were very friendly and good hostesses. Lovely garden beautiful building .

Only place to stay if you are in Cascais. A work of art.
    • Economy Double Room

This is so minor but I was surprised there were no bathrobes in the room.

Beautiful, Beautiful home! When we arrived we went through a gate. There was a lot of people already taking pictures of the place and when we were buzzed in they followed us and kept taking pictures, they had to be shooed out of the garden. We felt like celebrities staying here. Lol! The whole property is absolutely stunning. The staff was kind and welcoming. They had us turn in our keys when we left, and there was always someone to greet us no matter what time we arrived back. Definitely felt safe and taken care of. The room and bathroom were of course lovely as well. The had Port in the garden at night from 6 -8. Nice breakfast in the morning was included downstairs with seating in the garden. Wouldn't have stayed anywhere else. What a great spot.

An excellent home base for Cascais, and easy to get by public transport to Sintra and Lisbon.
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

Sound insulation between rooms could be better

Stunning garden where breakfast was served. Friendly helpful staff Central location close to railway station, bus station, beach and restaurants Not on a busy road Lovely breakfast including eggs and bacon Large comfortable room with large shower room Two large lounges for use of guests 24 hour night staff so always a friendly welcome whatever time of night you return

A very memorable visit and stay in Pergola Guesthouse Cascais
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

Genuinely , we could find nothing to complain about.

The staff at the Pergola made us feel like family, they could not do enough for us, one of if not the best stay in a hotel or guesthouse ever. Breakfast was varied with a large selection o choose from. Very conveniently located close to rail station, shopping centre and not too far from the sea front and beaches. Loads of places to eat nearby and lots of quality shops also .

Absolutely loved the guest house.
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

Absolutely loved the guest house. Great location with access to everything you might want. friendly staff and neighbours. Would recommend to anyone. Thank you for our stay!

Awesome and relaxing
    • Economy Single Room

All was good. I would note that there are stairs to climb to get to rooms -- it was not a problem for me but others may need to know.

Beautiful house with comfortable room and excellent breakfast. The garden was lovely. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. Very easy walk from train and bus station. Location was perfect for walking around town and to Boca do Inferno.

A really lovely place to stay.
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

The house, which is right in the centre of Cascais, is a lovely old style building with beautiful gardens to the front, and seating areas around the garden. The house and gardens are so beautiful that passers by regularly stop to take photographs. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and are a credit to the business.

It was wonderful to spend time in such a beautiful surrounding. Cascais itself is also very pretty.
    • Twin Room with Balcony

The Pergola Guesthouse is a stunning place. Beautiful gardens and gorgeous interior. The breakfast was great with lots of variety and the staff were really helpful.

Staying at The Pergola House is like time traveling to a bygone era of gracious hospitality.
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

Nothing could have been better.. What I didn't like was having to leave.

The gardens are beautiful, rooms are elegant but my superlatives go to the staff who always went above and beyond. They are what makes a stay at The Pergola House into a cherished experience.

It is a unique place.

It is a unique place. The house is so picturesque and the staff take time to make you feel like you matter. We were very sad to leave. We will miss our drinks in the front garden and the leisurely breakfast outside.

Meeting with the nature the wide ocean and beautiful flower napping the garden

Since the property preserves the antique beauty of the city, you cannot expect new and modern bathroom but still very clean And they don't have elevator But still i would repeat my stay in this fabulous place

Great location just in one of the nice streets of Cascais few minutes walking you can swim in the ocean, enjoy great seafood in the best restaurant of the city Very nice guest house very clean Fabulous garden where u can enjoy breakfast and a glass of wine or iced tea offered by the property in a sunny after noon The property is like a museum u can admire small details of the house ceramic tiles...

The Pergola House team were excellent.

The Pergola House team were excellent. Kind, helpful and so friendly. Small things like providing beach towels and serving free Port in the afternoon really make a difference!

Perfect oasis in this busy little resort
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

Only one minor point - reading lights in bedrooms much too bright

Staff were very helpful and the room, breakfast and garden perfect. Would love to return

Fantastic location in busy Cascais, set off the road and...
    • Standard Double/Twin Room

Didn't like would be over-strong, but the bedroom was spartan and the bed itself was average -- thin mattress and a plastic mattress cover that was nosiy. Still, the location and staff more than made up for it.

Fantastic location in busy Cascais, set off the road and buffered by a lovely garden. Easy access to both the beach boardwalk and the train to Lisbon. Very helpful and upbeat staff. Quirky former residence with interesting art and two cozy shared living rooms. Tasty breakfast best enjoyed in the garden. Rooms 14 and 15 have porches.

Beautiful Pergola House, Cascais best kept secret

Pergola House is a little'Jewel in the Crown', situated in the heart of Cascais. From the moment you arrive the endless stream of tourist taking photos from outside the secure entrance gives you some indication of this property's raw beauty. The staff are always at hand to ensure your stay is effortless, they are very pleasant and show a genuine interest in your travels. Sofia and Anna were always on hand to cater for our every need and made the stay extra special. The rooms are large with high ceilings and antique furnishings worthy of the best stately homes. It's unique reception room tucked away on the first floor with its open fire and fine furniture provides a unique relaxing area. Equally, the gardens are littered with seating areas amongst its beauty, well maintained and offering beautiful picturesque retreats. Centrally situated, Pergola is at the heart of Cascais, a friendly town that maintains its fine dining and wonderful beaches. A visit to Cascais is worthwhile, be it a small retreat, a beach holiday or a place to explore further afield from, including Lisbon. Pergola House should be at the top of your list as a great place to stay...

The house it-self it's quite interesting and what...
    • Economy Double Room

The house it-self it's quite interesting and what attracted us in first place, everything was good, the touch of receiving the guests with a afternoon glass of Porto wine added to the traditional Portuguese host courtesy and experience. Just the breakfast (that was very good) could have moved away from the typical international or English breakfast, that I felt it did not fit with everything else, and be a more simple but more Portuguese home made breakfast.

Traditional and charming
    • Economy Double Room

That I am not able to stay there often enough!

Traditional old Portuguese building and garden with great charm. Lovely staff, very welcoming and helpful. Splendid breakfast in delightful surroundings.

Charming and attentive staff and an excellent breakfast,...
    • Economy Single Room

Charming and attentive staff and an excellent breakfast, served in the delightful garden, as was the Evening Port, courtesy of the house. An extra bonus is that no children under ten are allowed