Reviews of Hotel Pestana Cascais Ocean & Conference Aparthotel 4 stars

#28 of 34 hotels in Cascais

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Nice pools, amazing breakfast
    • Standard Twin Room

We were not told the price for buffet, so it cost us 47 eur for two people. We think it's expensive for standard buffet food.

Nice pools, amazing breakfast

Nice staff, good breakfast BUT rooms really need renovation!
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was extremely smelly (smoke, old furniture&carpets) and noisy (the noise came somewhere from the roof, maybe the air-conditioning). Far from beaches.

Staff really nice, breakfast also very good. Got upgrated to sea-view, thanks again!

Very clean comfortable room,and great breakfasts.
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

The small kitchen area within the room requires upgrading and a kettle is definitely needed.

Very clean comfortable room,and great breakfasts. Pool and facilities were excellent. Also location was great with free hotel shuttle, plenty local buses and cheap taxis to Cascais. .

Nice hotel, clean and modern.
    • Standard Twin Room

Nice hotel, clean and modern. However location is a lot further from centre as made to seen- a good 40 minute walk and the free bus runs no later than 6pm so you have to pay for Taxi’s. About €5 each way which isn’t bad but doing both ways every night adds up. Hotel food very overpriced but the hotel is nice and pool area small but lovely.

Staff very accommodating and pleasant.
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

Room had basic kitchen equipment BUT was impractical. Would have preferred to have a microwave rather than the toaster oven, There was no tea kettle; a tea kettle or an electric hot water pot wold have been very appreciated. These were important for me as a kosher traveller.

Staff very accommodating and pleasant. Hotel bright, my room newly furnished.

be careful good pictures terrible services
    • Standard Twin Room

We expected so much more for a 4 stars hotel, we went for a weekend off and we paid 156 euros for a night. The room smelled damp and dirty, the toilet was unclean, all the stuff of personal care was for one person only (the hotel save a lot). The sauna e turkey’s bath are old dirty and messy, the pool was terribly dirty, the Jacuzzi the water was yellow instead of transparent. Sincerely I won’t come back. you will realize that they have very lack clean and service. the hotel Never ask for a feedback and the checkout back impolite and aggressive with us

the guy who made the check-in was very good and well prepared. he made a great job.

Cleanliness is a must for such an expensive hotel. I find it revolting to pay top price for it.
    • Standard Twin Room

The bedroom was dirty. The cabinet for storing the luggage was really dusty. We could clearly see the countour of the previously stored luggage, with dust all arround. The bathtub had human hairs. :( If this was the level of cleanliness in items that could be seen clearly on naked eye, I can only imagine how the toillets were disinfected.... The hotel needs refurbishments/updates, but lazy cleaning is a big big ''no no'' no matter the age of the facilities.

Location is great, and staff very helpfull and friendly. Breakfast ir also good, say a 7 out of 10.

4 Star no way!!
    • Standard Twin Room

I have staryed in Pestana Group hotels in the past and always found them amazing both in product and customer service but this hotel had none of this feeel like Pestana have forgotten about this place. On arriving I went to my room called down and asked for an iron to be told come down and pick it up I am alone on reception. On arriving to reception for the Iron 3 staff behind the desk and was advised anything over 30 mins would be a charge!! Overall I found the property to be run down, tired and unloved. Staff in general not great for the exception of the female breakfast staff and the shuttle bus driver which were out standing. I have to give mention to male bar tender clean shaven grayish hair dressed all in black boy does he hate his job so rude to everyone. Also €2 a day charge for a safe in a 4 Star Hotel no thanks. Sorry to say but not very happy with this place and would highly recommend people look at other hotels in the area as there are far better. Group Pestana up your game on this property.

Pool was good

Not within walking distance of Cascais Centre

Nice hotel, relatively basic, but no complaints. A short taxi ride into Cascais centre which cost about €5. There are some nice restaurants within walking distance on the coast road, with great views of the ocean.

Staff on front desk, especially Ravi.
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

The accommodation staff worked from early morning to early evening on our floor every day which made afternoon relaxing or early evening resting impossible with continuous banging and clattering.

Staff on front desk, especially Ravi. He was extremely helpful

Room 511 , wonderful view and balcony
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

Area around pool need a good clean. Just 2 sun umbrellas around pool and 1 of them was broken. Sun loungers were only put out on the second week Buffett dinner very poor selection. Waiting staff not very friendly Hotel lacked atmosphere in the evening

Room 511 , wonderful view and balcony Chamber ladies were excellent and friendly Breakfasts were good but would like more varieties as we stayed 2 weeks

When the hotel spoils the vacation!

I decided to bring my group of 20 persons to this hotel and it was just a big mistake! First of all I contacted directly the hotel manager to make my reservation and he was not professional at all. Since we could not make a deal with him, I made my reservation through booking.com. Before the trip I contacted him again to order some services for my group and asked for few visa vouchers for my group. First of all he told that we are not a group. Later I heard this sentence many times. Just at reception I found out, that if you are doing your reservation not directly, you are not a group, even if it is 20 persons! Later he disappeared for one week and no one from the hotel was answering me all the week! Few my customers at that week were supposed to do their visas, but we were waiting those few papers all week! After he appeared again, he was blaming me, that it was my fault and etc. I was shocked by this group manager behaviour with me, the customer of the hotel, who is going to pay for the hotel few thousands euros. After another manager texted me that she will be responsible for my group, after few emails she disappeared as well for one week. The reception personnel was totally lost during the time my group was trying to check in. They told that they can not see our booking information and the customers names, and finally, when it was the time to pay, they changed the bill 5 times! The time I was leaving the hotel, they invited me once again (all this payment process took more then one hour!) and told me that I have to pay more, because they did again some mistakes! And they were not polite at all, acting with me like like I am the guilty once because of the mistakes they done. They didn't knew how much I should pay and were asking me what is my bill! How crazy is that... As well during one our conversation with receptionist I told that I spoke and all the details were agreed with you manager Vanessa, he looked at me and with big irony told me - what?

I would stay here again without hesitation and I think it represents good value for money.

The coffee.

the room was spacious, bright and well thought out for storage and for sitting and reading/writing/looking out to the sea view. Bathroom very clean and nice to use. Breakfasts were excellent, plenty of choice and so nice to have fresh fruit slices as well as fresh fruit salad, scrambled egg etc constantly renewed and lots of different bread, cheeses, hams etc. the outdoor pool was refreshing - indoor one rather too warm for me! useful shuttle service into Cascais, which is quite a walk otherwise.

Hotel is in a great location but is tired and needs a refit

See notes above

Mattress was uncomfortable. Not up to standards we’d come to expect.. recommend spend a little more for higher quality mattress!! After all we travellers need a good night’s sleep after a long flight or walking all day. The rugs in our suite were worn and stained. The furniture also worn and stained! Like the location, the staff

Thank you for returning my belongings

The beds, the design, old hotel, price should be not more than 70eur

Location, staff was very welcoming but even know openly say that it's not the best in town :)) I left an envelope with bunch of money inside by accident and flew away from Lisbon. Staff contacted me that they found it (even I did not miss at that point) and returned to me. Thank you!

Not up to standard
    • Standard Twin Room

bedrooms werent as clean as should be. Had to explain that a vegetarian doesnt eat meat and also doesnt eat eggs when a meat spoon has already been in the eggs. Chef still didn't get it and didn't like having to make a portion.

Comfortable beds

Disappointing!
    • Suite

There is a photo of children's toys room on booking.com, but it was only on arrival that they told us that the toys were only available in summer. Because of this we decided to shorten the stay. When the reception staff was informed of this decision, there was some hint (of them) that we were wrong, on the grounds that "Pestana Kids" was not on the list of "activities" of the hotel. Absurd! The photo speaks for itself !!! A group like Pestana can never let this happen. Room air conditioning dirty, we all woke up with irritation in the throat and nose.

Very good breakfast.

we'll be back!
    • Suite

Bedrooms and bathrooms should be refreshed. When this is done, PLEASE have some rooms with walk-in shower, not over the bathtub - slippery, awkward. During our stay, serious maintenance work in progress, we got a fair amount of loud hammering and drilling noise in our suite during the day. I had to complain once when this went on beyond 5pm, which I thought was more than enough! But noise stopped immediately after my complaint - excellent reaction, thank you.

Location for our purposes couldn't be better. Rooms large, with balcony. Included breakfast is pretty good. Dining and lobby areas recently redecorated very nicely. Good free parking, wifi. Dining food, wine and service excellent. Spectacular swimming pool outside and indoor. Service overall is friendly, welcoming and efficient, in English if necessary. Very clean.

Um hotel de qualidade média.
    • Standard Twin Room

The hitting wasn’t enough during the night even with the help of the staff to make it the most comfortable and being quite warm during the day. The works on the building were very noisy and disturbing.

Bed extremely confi, spacious bedroom and facilities very pleasant, fantastic location, beautiful swimming pools, nice gym, fantastic soup.

exceed my expectations
    • Standard Twin Room

The service was the best experience ever. Their were different staff members at different times and every time the service was excellent. The area,breakfast,gym,swimming pool were also perfect

We visit often.
    • Suite

Rooms need a makeover. There are no rooms with walk in shower. Shower over the bath is slippery and awkward.

Rooms large, with kitchenette. Staff very welcoming and helpful. Social areas recently redecorated - looking good. Convenient free parking, free WiFi throughout. Decent breakfast and restaurant. Indoor and outdoor pool. Sea view, gardens. Handy shop and restaurant right across the road.

Good

Restaurant is too small to accommodate big group..need to wait for long time in morning..so that is not good for group for tight schedule ..

Staff were excellent,Nice beach front.

We had a very relaxing stay in Hotel Pestana with excellent food and hospitality
    • Standard Twin Room

No toilets on ground floor which caused a difficulty for my disabled wife when using the bar, restaurant and swimming pool area

Breakfast Parking Sea view Balcony

Great for a relaxing stay near the centre
    • Standard Twin Room

The main downfall was the food served in the restaurant. I found the buffet dinner food didn't have much choice and the "hot food"was cold when I arrived down for dinner at 9.00pm. Although the deserts were amazing! There was a charge for the room safe, which in a 4 star hotel should be free. Also the furniture (chairs) in the rooms do need to be updated as they look quite old and dont match.

The hotel was located near the final train stop for Cascais and easy to get to, although I would recommend getting a taxi up if you have a large bag to carry as the walk is all up-hill. The hotel is located in a lovely quiet spot. The Staff are excellent, very friendly and really helpful. As a solo traveller I found it very relaxing and very friendly. The rooms on the top floor overlooking the pool give a great view of the sea and are nice and big, and having a large balcony to sit on to watch the sunset was amazing! The bed was really comfortable and the room was spotless although the furnature in the room does need to be updated as it looks quite old. I would recommend this hotel for a quiet relaxed stay.

very disappointed with hotel did not live up to expectations for 200+ euros per night
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

key card & door unit failed & reception staff did not believe us! would have liked the room serviced by housekeeping. Bathroom tile grouting needs to be cleaned & was very small. limited meat/fish options on day 1 only chicken & cuttle fish both of which we do not eat - 2nd night hot options both pasta based i.e lasagna & spaghetti

good bed & linen, but OUR ROOM DID NOT GET SERVICED AT ALL! Some reception staff ok but some not good, Restaurant staff very good. Good pools although indoor pool did not feel very heated?!

Good choice for ocean-front weekend
    • Standard Twin Room

Cleanliness of the bathroom have to be better

Everything was very nice - location, personal, rooms, breakfast. You can choose it, if you want good relaxation at the ocean front.

a little bit boring place for old people with comfortable rooms but average breakfeast
    • Standard Twin Room

breakfeast is not 4 star but its ingredients are quite cheap. not a lively atmosphere although it was said that it was fully booked. great majority: pensionists. acid included in pool which burned in the eyes.

small fitness club (and sauna)

A lovely hotel with excellent staff from room service to reception
    • Standard Twin Room

The "kitchen" area did not really have what was needed, i.e. Kettle, mugs rather than cups.

The room was a good size, the breakfast was excellent. The pool and Garden area was beautiful and there were lots of sun beds.

Disappointed by rooms rest of hotel very nice.
    • Suite

The room, quality of products, towels & bedding. Awful and very disappointing as this is rated 4 star. I understand the rooms need updating but Everything in rooms old and dated and no excuse for not using quality towels or bedding. Huge lovely balcony had 2 horrible plastic chairs for a family of 4. Such a pity as staff are great and rest of hotel lovely.

Great service & staff. Quiet location just outside main centre. Great pool and outside garden.

Choice of swimming pool was marvellous for different age...

Suggest providing pillows of different grades of firmness - those available were uncomfortable on the neck causing it to flex too much when lying supine

Choice of swimming pool was marvellous for different age groups. Buffet breakfast and dinners were very good with selection of foods although hot meals could have been hotter. Provision of fridge in room and basic cutlery is an excellent perk for families

Does what it says on the tin...
    • Standard Twin Room

Within the hotel, everything was as advertised. Pleasant staff. We made use of a hired car.

The hotel was very good and we were well received. Amenities were also very good, everything worked but it was a thirty minute walk/five minute taxi drive into town. Local amenities were almost non-existent.

The best 5 day treat ever!
    • Standard Twin Room

What did we like? Simply everything, our only reservation was the view from our room but how long do you have to look when everything else was tiptop!! A great break & we would not hesitate to book again & yes we recommend.

Enjoyable but a bit far out from Cascais.
    • Standard Twin Room

It is a bit far out from the town. The cobbled entrance to the hotel is a bit uneven we had my elderly father with us who was a bit anxious he would trip. Our room on the second floor overlooked the car park.

The pools indoor and outdoor are good. The staff were very polite and helpful. The breakfast was good. The foyer and bar were relaxing.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Wonderful relaxing holiday
    • Standard Twin Room

Bedroom decor is probably next on the managements list for updating.

The hotels main area and restaurant have been refurbished and look great. The bedrooms are a good size though in need of an update ,the beds are really comfortable and the room is cleaned daily.This is a very nice hotel,main area and facilities including breakfast get a good 4*. Bedrooms a 3*.The curtesy bus is a great service and if the times don't suit ,a taxi costs €5 into the centre.We walked occasionally and took 25mins but that's with stopping to enjoy the lovely views. The staff are wonderful,helpful,knowledgeable and very efficient. I look forward to hopefully returning next year and thanks to Pestana Cascais for a great service. Elizabeth

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

What you have to know
    • Standard Twin Room

They mention that the food is to consume at the restaurant and you should not take it. This is rude announcement people know these basic facts.

They supply the food fast. Quality was good.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Love staying at Pestana.
    • Standard Twin Room

Wish they could have a key card to the gate at the end of garden to save walking all the way round.

Love this hotel for both the pools inside and out plus sauna and steam room very good. Lovely gardens to relax in. Great for bike hire to at the bottom of the road.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Enjoyed a relaxing break.
    • Standard Twin Room

The indoor pool takes from the view from restuarent especially in the morning from condensation from the pool.

Hotel very clean, staff very friendly and helpfull, venue very peacefull. The bus service very good as hotel good distance from centre.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Breakfast good and staff excelllent.
    • Standard Twin Room

Could have a kettle in the room as it is difficult to make a hot drink with a small cup and a microwave. However mugs were given to us when requested(.The kettle might be a safety issue)

Breakfast good and staff excelllent. Swimming pool indoors excellent also. Transport mini bus to centre of Cas Cais worked perfectly and it was free.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Great hotel for a family
    • Suite

When you go for breakfast there is no toilet on the same floor so you have to go downstairs which is a bit far if you're with little children and they need it quickly.

We loved the family room. It's very big and spacious. Facilities are nice too and we really liked the indoor swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Excellent location
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

Staff was very friendly and helpful gave us a map and location but to see for the one day that we were there breakfast was excellent I highly recommend this location

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Expected more from a 4 star hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Bed sheets were not changed frequently. Costumers are accused of stealing if food is taken from the eating areas even if you have paid for the food. Kitchen had no microwave or kettle, appalling for a 4 star hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Generally nice. However pool was closed.
    • Standard Twin Room

We were not notified before arriving that the swimming pool was closed for rennovations. The pool facilities were a part of why we chose this hotel.

Generally good hotel. Staff were nice and accomodating.

Tired but clean and friendly
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

Was only there a night so not really in a position to pass any comments. Only to say that the decor and condition of the hotel looked a bit tired and the outside pool area was a mess. It looks like they are getting ready to carry our refurbishment of pools and given it was October it would seem reasonable

Staff were very friendly and polite. Room was clean

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

The pool area which was closed for refurbishment on our 3rd...
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

The hotel looks good from the outside but is very tired on the inside and needs to be completely refurbised

The pool area which was closed for refurbishment on our 3rd day

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Hotel great, shame about no working swimming pool(s) though
    • Standard Twin Room

Despite hotel details saying indoor & outdoor swimming pool, neither were available during my stay. The outdoor pool was being completely rebuilt, and the indoor pool was faulty and therefore not available. I booked specifically because of the 2 pools. Offer was made to take me to their sister hotel in the centre of town, but not as convenient as having a pool at the hotel (or 2).

Clean, comfortable rooms. Good location for walking along the coast road into town. Good choice of breakfast food, sensibly priced drinks in the hotel bar.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Perfect autumn break
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

Facilities were cery clean and functional. Lovely room with sea view. Particularly comfortable bed + pillows. Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff.

The location is in an attractive neighborhood of apartment...
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

I could not connect to WiFi without going down to the lobby first. Then I would lose the connection when returning to the room. The location, while attractive, is too far from the center of Cascais to walk. The guest room was pleasant, but definitely showed signs of wear.

The location is in an attractive neighborhood of apartment buildings with a beautiful view of the ocean. The breakfast buffet each morning is very nice.

Very satisfCtory
    • Standard Twin Room

Very clean helpful staff and a good selection at the breakfast buffet

Drain smells in the bath Pom and corrieors

Drain smells in the bath Pom and corrieors

w'll be back

bed

Pool
    • Standard Twin Room

Needs to be refurbished. The rooms are dated and bathrooms tired.

Pool

Relaxing
    • Standard Twin Room

It's very very far from Lisbon city..

Customer service was excellent....staff speak very good English and the pool is super

Super. Will come again.
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

No kettle in the room. But it can be asked at the reception if available .

Great and comfortable hotel. Good for children.

Grass around pool was lovely.
    • Standard Twin Room

Screaming children in the indoor pool unsupervised

Grass around pool was lovely. Staff mostly had a smile.

Kitchenette

food was very underwhelming

food was very underwhelming

Very enjoyable
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

Outdoor pool area needs clean up

Accommodation quality staff excellent food excellent location great

Good place

Gym

View Breakfast Swimming pool

Enjoyable hotel & facilities, weather disappointing
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

Better access to the promenade

shuttle service, Wifi, parking, comfy beds all excellent

Size of room
    • Suite

Noise from other guest Hair dryer

Size of room

The room above us was being renovated very noisy.
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

The room above us was being renovated very noisy. Restaurant lost its appeal, gone over to buffet style.

Awesome in the summer. Not needed during winter time.
    • Standard Twin Room

Some tapestry and furniture need fixing. Dinner was cold.

Spacious room. Swimming pool. External area. Location near to the coast.

Had a great holiday which would have been even better if I had not chosen half-board.
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

Booked evening meals. Choice rather limited, and NO CHANGE day to day.

Staff unfailingly friendly and helpful.

Wonderful location.
    • Suite

Wonderful location. Indoor pool is fine.

Very good hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Not to be Attended by phone call before arriving the check in

Nice pillows, nice breakfast, nice soup and wine

Very enjoyable
    • Standard Twin Room

Little kitchen could use little extras: paper towels; cutting block; dishwashing soap

Value good for money

Was ok for our purpose
    • Standard Twin Room

Hotel needs an upgrade - beds,lifts and bathroom , hotel is looking tried

A comfortable stay truly worth the money
    • Standard Twin Room

A very clean, peaceful and spacious room, beautiful location, extremely friendly staff. I am 100% satisfied with my stay.

Short stay near cascais
    • Standard Twin Room

No kettle in the kitchen. Poorly equipped .

Location excellent. Area of restaurants nearby and half an hour walk from cascais

Comfortable but not quite 4 star
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

Bedrooms need updating. Only toilets in restaurant /bar area were downstairs in pool area totally inadequate.

Disappointing not a four star
    • Standard Twin Room with Sea View

Rooms were tired and old, chairs were worn stained and ripped, wardrobe was chipped and scraped

Pool was clean and warm

comfortable holiday and everything provided as expected when...
    • Standard Twin Room

update bedrooms to more modern style

comfortable holiday and everything provided as expected when booked

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Excellent shuttle service hotel room and beds excellent and spacious balcony

Set up of jacussi

Bed comfy

Everything!

Everything!

berry rocked down inside the rooms

to expensive for the quality 7

berry rocked down inside the rooms bathroom verry old fashioned food at the buffet super low standards