Reviews of Hotel Pinhal do Sol 3 stars

Sitio do Semino - Quarteira, 8125-303 Quarteira, Portugal

#6 of 9 hotels in Quarteira

Great place to stay

Having to come home 😔

Great staff, lovely cocktails by the pool, breakfast by the pool too. Rooms clean and tidy. Nice Italian restaurant just 10 mins walk from the hotel (Tiramisu) Air conditioning worked good. Overall, a fantastic holiday, would use again. Most staff spoke good English and very helpful. 10 out of 10 from us.

Quiet place,
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

There could have been more variety of food and change of food everyday. I would have liked for there to be a Kitchen. There were two cups for three people and no knives, forks or spoons. People being loud at night time.

Big room, I liked that the room had Air Conditioner, Bathroom was nice, I liked that Housekeeping was everyday.

Rooms very spacious and clean.
    • Double or Twin Room

Pool Area was small, So you needed to be down early to get a bed.

Rooms very spacious and clean. staff friendly, we Hired a car as I had researched beforehand and knew we were a bit out of town. A Car is a must for this location.

Good place to relax excellant value for the money
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel perfect in every aspect. All the staff helpful. Rooms spacious. Shuttle service excellent. Food excellent. Spotlessly clean. Peaceful setting. perfect in every way. Will comeback and stay longer next time.

Great time in great land in nice familly hotel with good food.
    • Double or Twin Room

Long distance from reception to ou rooms. Long coridor. But it was funny...never come to our rooms.

Very friendly stuff in restaurant and reception. Very clean hotel. Guy in restaurant with is very kind and sympathy. A familly hotel with soul.

Great Hotel... Very friendly Staff!
    • Double or Twin Room

The only thing was that the hotel was a bit far from the centre.

Everything was great! Me and my partner had an amazing stay! Dinner was great every night. There was karaoke in the bar on our last night which was so much fun..Amazing:)

Spacious room, big bathroom and comfy bed, nice garden,...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Ants in the bathroom, cockroach in the restaurant. Wifi works only at the reception.

Spacious room, big bathroom and comfy bed, nice garden, private parking, big pool.

Good resting place
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

One of the receptionist was not very friendly. Two hours before should not be to occupy the accommodation. The swimmingpool only at 7 pm.

The rooms and the gardens are nice!!!

Good holiday will go back to portugal again
    • Romantic Room

A bit far out to the centre of quateira.

The room was very clean and had everything we needed. The staff were helpful and friendly and it was a nice place to stay.

See above
    • Romantic Room

The pool area has certain guidelines that are supposed to be followed. Unfortunately this was not the case. It clearly states that sun loungers can't be booked, but during my stay there was at least 4/6 with towels on them every morning in prime locations around the pool. The people that were doing this on a daily basis then left the hotel on the shuttle service that was provided to do whatever and nobody could use these loungers. Who is to blame the people for not adhering to these rules or the management for making sure this did not happen.

The weather was fantastic and the hotel completely acceptable so we had a great holiday.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Sunbeds require to be upgraded. Many were broken. Restaurant could be rather busy at breakfast too

Were upgraded to a family room that was a good size

I will not go back there, mainly because I did not like the attitude of the staff.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Reception staff not friendly. We arrived late and we asked where we could get food. They told us there was only snacks at the bar (potato chips), as the restaurant was closing. We later found out there were many good restaurants just a short taxi ride (5 mins) away. They never smiled and always looked like they had better things to do than look after customers.

The swimming pool was nice.

Having to buy the tea and coffee for your room.

Having to buy the tea and coffee for your room. Kettle and cups are provided but condiments are not included. It is just tea making facilities. Breakfast very basic, awful coffee.

this was a family trip and everyone was happy with the hotel, apart from the food.

beds were very hard. food was a let down, could have been better. only had breakfast and one lunch.

quiet location. useful shuttle busses to the beach. nice pools.

Overall very disappointed with the price I paid for this hotel. Think I was ripped off !!

My 6 year old boy being told he couldn't jump in the swimming pool by some big fat scary looking man Paying nearly £2000 for very basic accommodation The noise in the morning from the suitcases being dragged through the noisy corridors The very cheap uncomfortable beds The constant drainage smell coming from the bath room When are car broke down on the day we were leaving. Asking the man on reception for dome help But didn't seem to want to help us 1 bit.

Beautiful garden, clean room (if you discount the ants),...
    • Double or Twin Room

Receptionist looked like he'd rather be anywhere else, phoned me in room 10 minutes after arrival that they forgot to take the payment and are waiting for me to come back (100 metres from room). Then another receptionist denied me the airport transfer saying it has to be booked in advance - I was there the day before (20 hours before we needed to leave), then - again with a grim face - offered me to order a taxi to the airport. I ended up ordering it myself, but only to Quarteira bus station (10 euro) instead of Faro airport which would have been 50+ euro. Electricity wiring in the room was probably not done by an electrician. You could only switch the bedside lamp on if another switch by the bathroom was on...but if that's on the main lamp is also on and so you cannot sleep... Breakfast: the quantity is great, quality is poor. You get the impression they buy the cheapest things they can get their hands on. One exception: the coffee is surprisingly good. There's a free minibus service provided by the hotel, 4 times a day. Their schedule is fixed, and if you're there for the beach, but also want breakfast, those times are useless to you. Example: breakfast is from 8, and the first bus leaves at 8:20. Next bus is at 10:30 meaning you'll arrive at the beach at maximum UV time. Last bus comes back at 17:30, the best time to be on the beach. You can walk of course, it's a 3km walk on a not really scenic road, not very comfortable on 30+ celsius days. The hotel, as all other hotels in Algarve, are ridiculously overpriced. The reason is simple: there are very few hotels in the region.

Beautiful garden, clean room (if you discount the ants), quantity of breakfast

Unfriendly staff.
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

Staff were so unfriendly and unhelpful. When we arrived, they gave us no information about the area, restaurants, how to get around etc. When we were leaving and handing the key back, the girl barely even lifted her head up. There was no thank you or how was your stay. It makes me angry because it's their job and they have no idea how to do it. Room wasn't cleaned properly, there were ants in the room. The cleaning staff were also rude. There were birds nests also all over the hotel and bird poo. Shouldn't be called a hotel because it's not up to the standards of one. It's also in a poor location and there's nothing to do around the area, you have to get a taxi. Food is also poor, eggs were like rubber. They also have signs in the hotel for different room numbers which are pointing the wrong way. Definitely would not go back.

Most horrible room in the most horrible hotel in the most horrible part of a beautiful part of the world
    • Double or Twin Room

I requested upper floor and a double bed, none of which I got, the only window in the room opened to a walkway, so no privacy, there was no balcony or terrace, the room didn't even have a kettle, prison cells have more luxury.

Nothing, they lied on the description of the rooms

Good basic hotel with facilities that reflect the price.
    • Double or Twin Room

No fridge in rooms. Not all rooms have balconies or garden views as advertised. No seating in our room we had to bring outdoor chairs in.. mattress basic and uncomfortable.

Clean room, air con good.maids good. Reception and dining staff good.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Good bar and pool area,nice staff,perfect portugese red wine.
    • Double or Twin Room

Little bit to far away from city center.

Very step forward to use plastic glasses instead plastic cups,what you can't get in a many hotels.Polite and friendly staff in bar area,good attitude to customers.Nice way to start the day with the glass of bubbling:)))

Avoid this hotel at your peril
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Portugal’s answer to Faulty Towers. Charged 30% of booking to my personal card which I use for booking confirmations. Refused to credit it and charge it all to company card and said it was my fault that it had been charged there. Receptionist then asked if I would like to go somewhere else. After a long conversation he called a manager who told him to do the credit. Never had this problem in any other hotel - he just could not be bothered to do it. Rooms are OK once you finally get to them. It’s a very long walk down unlit corridors and be careful, the sign showing directions to rooms has the arrow pointing the wrong way. If you follow it you go back to reception without collecting 200€. Will never stay there again and neither will most of the all inclusive guest I talked to.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

A Very Enjoyable Stay
    • Double or Twin Room

One member of the reception team was not very pleasant and came across very rude but I would not let this affect our holiday. Really need to look at the activity/entertainment - not much to do does need to be improved although if you get with a good group of friends you make your own entertainment !!!

Our Room was of a good size and very well equipped. The hotel gardens were very pretty and well looked after. Pool area was very clean and well maintained, although I have to say the Pool was freezing!!! There was a varied choice to eat for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Did not have chips once!!! All staff in the restaurant and in the bar areas were very friendly and exceptionally helpful to us.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

A Little Off The Beaten Track But Worth A Stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A member of staff on the reception was not very accommodating, and was quite honestly very rude, and came across aggressive. Charges for laundry were EXTORTIONATE !!!!! and guests should be made aware of this before anything is sent off.

The gardens around the hotel were beautiful and well kept. The Pool area was very charming and again well maintained. Staff in the restaurant and bar were very friendly and helpful. Food was of a good standard considering that the hotel was not full, we had a good choice.

Worst place I've ever stayed!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were rude and arrogant. You can hear every little tip toe from outside your room. It was in the middle of nowhere. Did I say how rude the staff were?!

The extra blanket in the wardrobe.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

We would not return to this hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Barking dogs nearby at night, Tea and coffee making facilities provided, but no tea, coffee, milk or biscuits. Food in restaurant not always hot, staff very slow to replenish food. Staff in hotel less friendly and helpful than desired. Bath gel and shampoos only provided for the first couple of days, staff seemed annoyed when I requested gel for daily shower. Wifi only available in the reception and restaurant, not always convenient.

The hotel looked nice with pool etc

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Typical holiday hotel with no flair or caring.

Room poorely equipped No Wifi in room, no Wifi in bar or at pool Noisy hall way Pool open only from 10:00 to 19:00, although there is no lifeguard, why then having pool opening hours?

Breakfast was ok. Pool length of 16 m allows some workout / swim training

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in...!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff were extremely rude, condescending and arrogant and it was only after I showed great distaste as to the way my wife and I were being treated and spoken to by utilising vocal inflection that anything was done regarding our stay 1 - we asked for an early check in when we booked as we had booked onto the 6am flight from Gatwick, now we both know that this functionality is down to avail and hotel occupancy but it is the way you are given this information and the rudeness received from the staff pertaining to this enquiry was totally unnecessary we eventually got into our room at about 13:30 2 - twin beds for a married couple, I personally do not think so, bought this to their attention and they stated that there was nothing they could do about it, I had to escalate all the way to the manager who also arrogantly exclaimed nothing could be done upon raising my voice and discussing moving hotels and then leaving the situation and left them to discuss with my wife they informed my wife they would sort it out, really please see the picture that I have attached to this post under add photos, that was their interpretation of a satisfactory resolution, 2 single beds put together long ways and a double mattress thrown on the top of these 2 beds, then left like that for me to bang my heels or my calf muscle upon every time that I got out of this bodged job contraption (please lets not forget that I am paying for this so called privileged solution) LET IT BE KNOWN I FEEL THAT I SHOULD RECEIVE SOME SORT OF COMPENSATION/AN AMOUNT OF A REFUND AT LEAST FOR ALL THE STRESS THAT THIS TRIP HAS CAUSED MY WIFE AND I, BUT I DON'T REALLY SEE THAT HAPPENING....... I believe that booking.com should seriously reassess the fact that you have your name against this hotel because their behaviour and mannerism leaves alot to be desired. ONE EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER..............!

NOTHING.......maybe the shower pressure but even that went hot and cold at random

Lovely little hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

A quiet hotel a couple of miles from the beach. The hotel itself is slightly dated but is currently undergoing some refurbishment. The rooms are very clean, beds comfortable. There is a fridge and kettle in superior rooms but you need to bring your own tea, coffee etc. The pool and gardens are very well maintained. Breakfast is buffet style. All inclusive drinks are only available until 10pm, after this you will pay. The hotel provides a shuttle bus to and from the beach and Marina about 3 times a day off season. Off season some local attractions like the Aquapark are closed. Come here for rest and relaxation.. this part of Algarve is not for party animals. I come here often, I love this hotel. This is a really good value 3 star hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Enjoyed our stay very much.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No bars or restaurants within a 15 minute walk and no public transport near the hotel. Needed a car to get about. Housekeeping could have been better, rooms not serviced until mid afternoon some days.

Hotel overall was good. Food good standard.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Great deal - Breakfest buffet was great, friendly staff,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel rooms and premises could have a "face-lift", meanwhile everything was clean and it still was great deal for offered price.

Great deal - Breakfest buffet was great, friendly staff, nice pool.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Miserable Staff!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Food was poor, tasteless and unappetising. White fish white potatoes, white over cooked mushy cauliflower!

Room was good value for money and very comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Arrived as an emergency, as flight missed, what a good surprise, so stayed on for extra days & hope
    • Double or Twin Room

A bit noisy at times other guests were inconsiderate, and the air-con unit outside, was making a great deal of noise, although not operating in our room

Excellent resort, friendly staff, free breakfast, delightful gardens, well equipped rooms.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Overated - and not worth the prices they charge
    • Double or Twin Room

Had to carry my Rucksack and pull the travel case along a badly maintained rough road for half a mile to a seperate building. The room was cold with a inadequate heater . bathroom was old and warn. Noise from mainly cleaners twice a day banging door loud voices - amplified in poor sound proof rooms. Not very restful The restaurant bar had to many tables squashed in, with buffet breakfast and dinner that was nt enjoyable. Prices charge for drinks and food way to high. Would not stay here again

I did not like anything at this place after two nights I was glad to get away. Over rated accomadation with building work going on

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Simple comfort in a lovely hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

This doesn't detract from my stay but wifi only available in bar and reception area.

Lovely large rooms. Very clean. Generous buffet breakfast. Well maintained grounds and buildings. Free minibus into Quarteira and Vilamoura Marina. Evening meals are generous, although the protein can be over cooked. Simple food. Staff very helpful. I'm a frequent visitor to this hotel.

At the time we went was overall good value. Needs an update!
    • Double or Twin Room

Again thinking of the breakfast, I think fresh orange juice would be better than sugary squash. The Algarve is awash with orange trees!! The hotel itself is very tired & in need of a huge update. I think work had started & that impacted on the cleanliness.

The breakfast had a good choice of food & drinks, all very fresh & attractively displayed. Nice pool & bar restaurant area. The staff are very friendly & helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Cheap but not very cheerful
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No hot water - we were told to run it for 5-10 minutes to see if it would warm up - it didn't. Pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable. Old fridge and kettle provided but no tea coffee etc All the TV channels worked except the UK ones. Hotel is being slowly refurbished but it is a tired hotel at present.

Pool and eating area was nice and sunny. Food ok but lots of choices missing second day. It was cheap and just bearable.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

100% would return.
    • Double or Twin Room

ATM was not present which I was told was on the wish list so should be installed in the future which is a plus!

Staff were excellent. Antonio behind the bar was a great laugh and very friendly. Pool was cold (as it was November) but looked brilliant. Food was good every night.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Near to everywthing
    • Double or Twin Room

Lack of bar staff/ service ...Very expensive twice the price beer as anywhere else...dogs barking all through the night...when I told reception she said dogs bark!!

Near to everywthing

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Loved Portugal nice area
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was uncon for table had a sore back disappointed as picures show kettle and fridge but did not have wfi kept going off also airconditioning burnt out but got it mended

The garden area where our room was and pool as it was away from main hotel good breakfast but evening meal not so goodon't eat out

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Nice hotel. Pity about location.
    • Double or Twin Room

The location. It was frustrating as we had to plan our days around the hotel bus which only made some runs into town. Taxis were only 10 but by the end of the week we had made lots of journeys.

We liked the friendliness of the staff and the extra pool away from the main bar area was quiet and deck chairs were always available.

A nice evening in a hotel close to the airport before we went to our villa the following day
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Good value for money. Bar area very good value

Decent hospitality,

Poor matrasses and Smudgy rooms

Decent hospitality,

Poor, ok for 1 night.

Check in was poor and seemed unfriendly. Breakfast was extremely disappointing. Vary small pool area.

Family room was fine and spacious for 4.

The breakfast was lovely, swimming pool really nice with the...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The breakfast was lovely, swimming pool really nice with the water a bit cold

A nice hotel just outside Quarteira
    • Family Room (3 Adults)

Spacious room for 3 adults.

Hard bed, but that is common in Portugal

Good value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Friendly reception staff, spacious room with a balcony, nice outdoor pool and good breakfast.

• Double or Twin Room

Unexpected shared garden, not the best when one is undressing!

Clean, comfy, excellent shower and breakfast was really good too.

Really relaxed great for families or
    • Double or Twin Room

Could have been more entertainment in 🌙 night

Breakfast good plenty choices

Very friendly staff, clean and good food.

Very friendly staff, clean and good food.

did not like the folding bed

did not like the folding bed

Very friendly staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very friendly staff.Very Quied feel like at home.can park a car beside room.verry good place to relax.Thanks

Old fashioned & NO wifi !

- Smelly room with ants inside - No Wi-Fi! - Uncomfortable beds

- Free Parking

Valuef for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Two beds pushed together to make a double

Valuef for money

Pinhal do sol

All inclusive finishes at 10pm

The food is nice and staff are friendly

The "location on booking application did not take me to...

The "location on booking application did not take me to the hotel" it was very expensive for the quality, and the breakfast was very poor

The staff were very friendly and very helpful x

All inclusive finished 12 on day of departure

The staff were very friendly and very helpful x

Excellann
    • Double or Twin Room

Person on reception at time of arrival

Breakfast and cost

Friendly staff Good full hot breakfast room spacious and...
    • Double or Twin Room

There was nothing we disliked

Friendly staff Good full hot breakfast room spacious and clean .

Excellent value for money.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Maybe fresh pastries would be nice.

Large rooms. Balcony. Pool area.

Very good
    • Double or Twin Room

Great for a short stay as a young couple

Ideal for a quiet break

Very slow to check in

Quiet location - good resturant within 1km

The staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Very Watered down alcoholic drinks, cold shower

The staff

Overall stay was ok.
    • Double or Twin Room

Cleaning our room was always late. Late afternoons throughout our stay.

Location ok.

I did not like the WiFi coverage, it was only in the hotel...
    • Double or Twin Room

I did not like the WiFi coverage, it was only in the hotel lobby and bar, although it was free

food
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

no wireless on room, poor air com.

food

Nice but rude staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Rudeness of customer facing staff.

Prosseco on breakfast buffet.

very kind people, good food and beautiful landscape - what...
    • Double or Twin Room

very kind people, good food and beautiful landscape - what else do we need for a vacation?

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Pinal do sol
    • Double or Twin Room

Clean nice staff good breakfast

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Garcia very poor customer service

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Generally an excellent overall value for money hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom the shower needs work to stop flooding through door, needs a new toilet seat

I found every thing at the hotel generally very good

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

value for money
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room service could have been better,staff did not clean the room until 4pm on a couple of occasions,

Staff friendly and helpful, food was good,

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

***** for the price of ***

***** for the price of ***

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Great value for money , staff very efficient and friendly,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Great value for money , staff very efficient and friendly, ideal location for many things we wanted to do.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Very enjoyable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Long walk from room to main facilities

Staff very friendly and helpful. Excellent value for money.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms dated, AC not the best to heat in winter.

Value for money