Reviews of Residencial Mar dos Acores

#277 of 343 B&Bs and Inns in Lisbon

6.1

6.2

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Great value for money relation. 8 minutes walk from the metro station, several bus stops around. Extremely clean place, the bathrooms are right on the other side of the corridor, so you practically get a private and super clean bathroom. Excellent restaurant Chacalik nearby - not expensive and best grilled Dourada fish in Lisbon.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

The bedroom and bathroomwindows opened to a passage meaning anyone could enter through them. The parking was on the street it was not private parking.

THE BED WAS COMFORTABLE

• Double or Twin Room

the shower head - does not radiate well and is broken. the toilet - has a leak on the bottom and the pushbuttons is doing not well the bathroom itself has some black mold spots

Very nice desk staff! The location is perfect for metro travellers 7 min walk to Picoas and 8 minutes to Anjos.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Didn’t seem the cleanest, room was very small, poor nights sleep- very loud and people moving about at all times of the night

Good location and easy to get to

• Double or Twin Room

We had a reservation for 2 nights. The first night we were placed in a room similar to the auxiliary room of the basement. Room no. 6 . The room was extremely dirty (see photo), the heating did not work (the outside temperature was about 10 degrees), the toilet was extremely stinking (at night I wanted to vomit), the door to the toilet is only part of the door - there are wide blank bands at the top and bottom of the door, as a result of which all the sounds and smells come in the room (this is a double room). Speaking on the phone very loudly at the entrance to the corridor (screaming) and there were loud noises that prevented me from sleeping. Everything is very worn out, broken, damaged. There is no chair where to put on clothes when you get dressed off. The Internet is weak, at times it disappears at all. The toilet lid is damaged. The shower is broken and the spray is splashed on all sides. That evening receptionist refuse to change number. On the second day we were given a much better room on the second floor, however, there was no heating and was stinky toilet. On the wall was huge mold. Overall, from the toilet smell I has a sore throat and from the cold I stand ill. It is also possible that I got the disease from adminstrator, when we arrived the evening, she was sick and all the time blow her nose.

There is so little positive on the ground that it is not relevant on the negative background.

• Double or Twin Room

It was unfortunate that there were repair works going on in the neighbouring house directly under our window. The builders started at 8 o'clock every morning. The air con was so high up that it couldn't warm the room sufficiently when needed.

For our needs it was sufficient as a basic accommodation from which it was easy to get to the metro, go shopping or walk into downtown Lisbon. There were cafes for breakfast close by. The reception staff was around 24/7 which was helpful. The room and bathroom were clean and sheets were changed every three days.

• Double or Twin Room

- They insist they only take cash, which is a pain. - The whole place smells damp, from the luggage storage to the bathroom. - The bathroom was filthy and there was only cheap hand soap available. - The bed was uncomfortable and the bedding dirty. Insects were crawling along the walls. - The window opened into a noisy courtyard with a block of flats' balcony looking right into the room. - You won't sleep. I could hear next door snoring, the receptionists stay up chatting till past 1am, and a child (one of theirs maybe?) marched around our corridor throwing what sounded like a plastic toy on the floor every few minutes. Staff just didn't care. - The area isn't that great at night, and it's not actually that close to the centre. (There's a few buses and metros but you're looking at 30+ minutes if you're on foot) Save your money and go for something more central - I recommend Chiado Mercy apartments.

It was cheap, which was the only reason we booked it (we arrived a day earlier than expected)

• Double or Twin Room

Shower was small and didn't have a door so water got everywhere. The room is simple and perfect for what I was looking for but might not meet the quality standards of pickier travellers.

Rooms had AC and private bathroom. Bed was comfy and room was quiet.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

We don't have cleaning services..well maybe Because we pay lower 😊

Their location nice..it's nearby to all the tourist spot..and the price is cheap and not that bad..staff is helpful

• Double or Twin Room

What they 'forget' to mention on the site is that this place is a hostel. Room hardly bigger than the bed, smelling mold, the bare minimum, shabby installations and furniture.

The staff was very kind, friendly and helpful.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

I had one of my friends complaining about misled information about how close we were to the main area of the town by the receptionist.

I really like the combination of price and location.The space and cleanliness was a plus.Only problem I had was trying to use the stove to make a coffee and it didn’t work but was only one night I didn’t bother to ask to be fixed. Worth every dollar

It was incredibly noisy. There were people talking and rolling their suitcases up & down the uncarpeted, echo-y corridor all night long. I went to bed at half-12 and got up at 7. it should be reasonable to expect a bit of quiet between those hours. The place was full of a lot of bodged, unfinished building jobs & cack-handed repairs.

The shower was surprisingly good.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was well worth the price, but you get what you pay for

Within walking distance of shops, a bit further from the main tourist area, but close to main transports. The neighbourhood is nice with a varied selection of cuisines

Stafff was busy on phone....waiting for a long time ..at the reception for check in ...no response from staff .....smelly alley way towards apartment

Near to the town centre

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I stayed for two nights thinking that it was a good deal for the money, but I was wrong. When I got into the room (4th floor) it was smelling like heavy smoking. Also, the shower was not clean and the beds were just a mattres on the floor. You can here the persons from other rooms talking. If you can, put a little extra a get a decent place. Never going back to this one.

Did not like it actually, very bad experience. Never booking here again.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

Check in complications due to crappy bookings.com policies

Nothing. Difficult stuff and bad communications between useless bookings.com site and hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

they were doing construction work in the morning and it was very noisy At night, you could hear people talking, knocking on doors and other things...

nothing in particular

Dirty, noisy, no sheets.

The single room is in a clean and clean place in the laundry room. No sheets. The double room is on the second floor where the entire corridor is being repaired. Rooms are cold and uncomfortable. The bathroom is very dirty.

• Double or Twin Room

Was actually put in another building owned/managed by the same people - Residencia Joao XXI. It wasn't bad, but it was unexpected. Air conditioning was broken - room would have been a heat trap in the summer, but was fine for a late March visit.

Clean and good value for money. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The raw sewage smell was permeating the room. I was told to open the window. It was late and I couldn't leave. I want a refund. The city needs to investigate and enforce correction of the problem. No toilet paper either.

The bed was comfortable

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

We lived in the apartment. This is a very old apartment with very old furniture and repair. It was very dirty. In the apartment there were no elementary household things. It was very cold. Switch on the heater was terrible because of the fear of a short circuit in the electrical network.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

Too many cupboards sticking out. Some of the place looks a little tired. A little cold for some of my party ( late March), but it was fine by me. Problem solved using the electric radiators. Not all doors closed as well as they should.

Good location, well appointed clean flat with comfortable beds.Friendly, helpful staff. Great Chinese restaurant 50 m away. Good shower.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Did not like being moved to the neighbouring establishment. Presumably the same owners, but it was not the one we booked. The room window looked out onto an interior corridor (shared with other apartments in the building?) so it could not be left open to air the room.

• Double or Twin Room

Very small room. We were first given a room that does not look at all like a 3* hotel room: tiles all around (walls and floor), very very small, bathroom looked old fashion with shower curtain and the window was in front of the bathroom door, so you could not see outside from the room. It was very cold. Did manage to change it with a room with shower cabin in the bathroom. In march was little bit cold, so we used the air conditioning on heat. The A/C machine was very loud, and worked in periods.

Close to public transport. Pastry and cake shops near by.

The receptionist from Joaio Hotel was unfriendly and clearly lacks of professionalism. When I arrived for the check in a friend of mine came with me to charge his phone in my room. He stayed less than 30 minutes then left. The day after the receptionist told me that I will have to pay extra 10 euros as my friend came into my room. Obviously I refused to pay, this is a racket and that is unacceptable. Run away from this hotel if you want to have a pleasant stay, you can find much better in Lisbon. Awful customer service.

Good location not far away from city center and some good restaurants around.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff wasn't kind at all. We've got a room near the reception, they were talking very very loudly every night, we can't sleep. The room didn't seem similar to the pictures. Our door handle hardly works, but the receptionist didn't care. We didn't feel safe ourselves. The bedclothes were dirty, the bathroom was digusting. It was a really disappoinment.

The staff was practically not existent. Everything was to much: saying hello and goodbye, changing money, every question, and the answer always was "I don´t know".

Fair price and clean, renovated rooms.

Rooms smelled like a sewer. No communal lounge area, just rabbit warren corridors. The lift didn't work the whole time I was there and I had to climb 2 floors of stairs. They had tried with the en-suite bathroom/showers, which were tiny but functional. But the noise levels and banging from rooms above was awful. The view out the room was into the squalid backs of the other buildings and piles of corrugated metal and other debris which made a racket in the rain. I moved out for two nights as I couldn't stand the smell any longer and therefore had to pay twice for accommodation. They KNEW the lift would be out of order and should have stated that on Booking.com. The receptionist acted surprised to hear that the rooms smelled so bad, but she knew.

Nice Portugese cafe round the corner.

• Double or Twin Room

When we arrived we were told to go to the other hostel of them to Hostel JOAO XXI, which is just 2 buildings away. The staff was really helpful and nice especially the girl from TATU (Daria i think), The room and the bathroom were big enough we had everything we needed. You have to ask for hairdrier in the reception. It is very close to the city center or Plomball Square where is the metro. Its a good value for the money you will pay.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

I booked to stay 3 nights and ended up booking another 3 nights. I was asked if I would like to stay in the attic room and after viewing, I said yes. It was cosy, had its own on suite bathroom and sky light. As it was raining it was extra pleasant to hear the rain on the roof. The location for me was excellent and easy to walk to the historic parts of this great city or easy to get to by bus or metro. Great cafes and bakeries not to far away.

This is a very practical accommodation for one, FIT person. My room was on the fourth floor which was a huge climb and access was on the other side of the third floor allowing access to the attic space. I had to walk over some dodgy looking floorboards, presumably because they are doing some building work up there. However it meant that I was far away from the street. The room (number 413) was very comfortable and practical; it seemed that the designers had forgotten nothing. There was a smell of cigarette smoke in the corridor, accompanied by someone's very bad cough but no smell in my room and quiet at night. I had my best night's sleep in ages.

• Double or Twin Room

Very noize, the wall is tiny as italian pizza u hear everything in that hotel and sleep is imposible , very cold number the floor as iceberg

Loction is good , personal is nice

While my room, 401, had its own bathroom, nothing in the bathroom was square. The towel didn't stay on the rack, and I was always worried that the toilet paper would fall off. The ceilings were also slanted, so there were very few places I could stand up straight, and I nearly hit my head several times. The hotel was also quite noisy. Every little step from everywhere in the hotel seemed to echo. As the other reviewers have stated, the elevator is the slowest I have ever been on. I only took it on the way up to the room after check-in. After that, I took the stairs.

Room 401 was large, the bed was comfortable, and the room had its own bathroom. The staff was very friendly when I arrived and when I had to get back into the room after checking out to get my book. It was about a 20-minute walk from downtown or a 5-minute bus ride. There were 2 metro stations each about 10 minutes walk from the hotel as well. I felt safe walking alone (I'm a woman) in the area around the hotel.

no elevator on the 2nd floor (1st and 3rd only), old noisy beds

We had an opportunity to store our luggage after check out. The shower/toilet were newly rennovated.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The room we received was on the last floor, in the attic, and its height was very low, we had to hunch in it everyday or else hit our heads. Not a huge inconvenience though, it had its own bathroom and we managed just fine.

We paid for a room with a shared bathroom, but got one with its own bathroom.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It would have been nice if there were a real kitchen to prepare own breakfast and coffee.

Good value for money. Rooms were big enough and clean. Private Bathroom was very spacious. The stuff was friendly and helpful. The Location was good - 15 minuten by foot to Martim Moniz Square and Historical Center.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

The hotel service. They are not friendly as they are not approachable do not know much more on costumer service. When having shower water comes out flooding the shower & toilet room. They did not clean the room on 2nd day as they said so the rubbish bin was overflowing. Rubbish bin no cover. No kettle on the room to make hot drinks. No refrigerator to store food or drink. No drinking water available in the room.

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom is a bit small, also there is just one window in front of the bathroom which doesn't quite light the room 100%. I find it that because when you enter the room there is no space between the main corridor and the space you're sleeping, you might hear the noisy neighbours. A showergel would have been useful :)

First of all Lisbon is very beautiful and you have to see Sintra, 40 min to 1 hour away from Lisbon. The location of the hostel is good, easy to find, 10 min to the metro, from where you have about 10 min to the city centre. It's a safe area, quiet, plenty of pastries, restaurants and mini markets are available. Polite staff. Clean towels, you have cleaning&laundry change every 3rd day. The room is not very big but it's ok, we don't need a looot of space, mainly because we spend too little time in the room. Keep in mind to bring comfy shoes, there's a lot of ups and downs in Lisbon, so be prepared. Would recommend the lisbon card, 40 euros for 3 days/per person, all transport and many atractions free with this card. Try pasteis de nata, as a tip you find them in the markets for 0.60 cents, in the centre the price is 1 to 1.20 euros. Had a pretty nice stay overall. :)

• Double or Twin Room

Minimum of what I call "enough". Room was small for two, and I mean REALLY small.

It has roof, water, beds and doors. Everything you need for basic stay.

• Double or Twin Room

the horrible smell and humidity, very cold room (the heating didn't work), the whole condidtion of the room (looks better on pictures)

service, location

• Double or Twin Room

We slept in the room without the window. There was a window but it opened into the kitchen. It was cold and damp. Felt like sleeping inside the broom closet.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Pets allowed! But You need to pay extra money. And You will know it only on check-in, not before arrival. Smart!!!! Window in 205 room didn't close, so it's cold inside room. Bathroom in third floor was on maintenance, so many dust...

Location + Staff +

* The toilet didn’t work properly. * You need to heat the room by use of air-conditioning, it was enough but noisy during night/asleep. * The elevetor goes very, very slow.

* The location is good to reach city center or airport by metro (just 800-900 m walking distance to 3 different metro stations…

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No cleaning in the room during the stay. The receptionist with curly hairs was arrogant. She kept speaking in English while we talked in Portuguese with her. Why showed off?

The overall experience is ok enough for what we paid.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

For the price do not expect high-level perks and top furniture. However, everything was in good condition, clean and it worked.

The property was super clean. It is within 10 minutes from 4 different metro stations. The bus stop is a few meters away. A nice 25-minute walk to downtown Lisbon (Rossio). The reception is open 24/7. The area looked safe.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Our first room was terrible. It was so small that we couldn't even open our luggage. The staff from the first day couldn't help us with changing the room because she wasn't responsible and told us we have to wait until the next day for the owner. Also she couldn't helped us with the heating system because she was alone and wasn't allowed to leave the place. The place is also very loud, you can hear everything that is going on. The last and most important critique is that the hostel is making itself attractive with pictures that don't belong to the building we stayed. At booking.com the hostel is showing two nice kitchens, but they don't exist!!! You will just find a dirty microwave. This is really a no go because we would never had booked a hostel without kitchen. Take care!! The pictures are liying!!

We had problems with our room and the stuff offered us to change the room after a while. Our second room was nice. The bathroom was cleaned every day.

I stayed there during December and the only way to heat the room up was the AC but it was not enough.

Good cozy hostel. I liked the transport from and to the airport (you pay for it extra, but the driver was nice and polite). I think it is great for summer stays.

• Double or Twin Room

Smells everywhere. Quite wet in the room. Did not want to accept credit card though there was a terminal (we did not have cash, so they had to accept it). And at last our bathroom was flooded from the bath above and the lady on the reception did nothing except gave us bucket.

Location is good. Bed is soft.

• Double or Twin Room

Totally small room where only a bed fit in. Fungus in the room. Odd smell from the bathroom all the time - we needed to have the window open all the time.

Quite close to the centre (20min on foot) Clean room and clean bathroom. Transfer from and to the aitport. Good ratio between price and accommodation standards.

creaking stairs, 4th floor without window/airing, tv channels are not clear

clean hotel, heating with air condition, public transport possibilities not far from the hotel

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Noise all the time. Many handles of doors and windows not closing well, the bathrooms could be a bit more clean. Some of the ladies at the reception were not that interested to help.

The phone, near city centre.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Not very clean, not so well located and our room was extremely small for 2 people. Also there was one bathroom per floor which meant it was always occupied. No common space to get to know other guests

Friendly staff at reception and easy check in policy

• Double or Twin Room

Staff is not rude but not friendly either. Strange that a hostel does not have a proper kitchen, only a microwave oven and an electric kettle! Neither close to any Metro station nor to the major attractions. Could be a little noisy as well.

The room on the 3rd floor was comfortable. Although very small, it had all the essential things, including air-conditioning.

• Double or Twin Room with Extra Bed

We had an early flight from Lisbon so we just wanted an inexpensive hotel quite near to the airport. This hotel provided that and was warm and clean with several restaurants close by.

The staff in the reception wasn’t really helpful for give you any advice about the close attraction to the accommodation or some other information about the city.

The bed was very comfortable, they are a lot of places around to eat. they are well located is only 10 minutes walking from the Metro station “Picoas” of yellow line. Easy to connect from the airport in Metro. It’s a typical Portuguese accommodation decorating with azulejos. Its Value for the money you pay .

• Double or Twin Room

The staff were rude and unpolite. The rooms were really dirty and the toilet smelt of sewage! The blankets were dirty too and the room was cold: climate control not working! Plus the windows were viewing the laundry, no fresh air!

Absolutely nothing! Really too bad, even for the price. Dirty, staff rude and unpolite!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Double or Twin Room

The room was close to the reception and it was noisy at nights. We couldn't sleep because of the people talking loudly and children running and shouting.

The room was small but comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

I did not have a remote control for the AC, the room is very small and the water in the bathroom has no power and you cannot make a real bath. The TV has poor signal.

Is close to the metro station Picoas and in the area are many restaurants.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The fact that Booking.com showed on the photo i would get a nice looking room which encouraged me to make this booking. I received an inferior room, not good at all. Also i wanted to pay by credit card, but only up to €50.00 was excepted so i had to pay cash which at the time was inconvenient for me, did not see this listed anywhere in your listing.

The reception was very helpful and mostly linguistic, they did their job just fine.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Our room was in the highest floor, so the ceiling was really low. It wasn’t much of a problem for us though.

It was very cosy and clean, we had our own bathroom, there was a/c, very great value for money!

There is a heating/cooling unit right above the bed (at your head), which is quite disturbing when you are sleeping... Still bearable.

Although the room was tiny, it was enough for one person, you will definitely not stay in your room when you are in Lisbon anyway :) I had a private bathroom and a comfy bed, the room was clean. The hostel is quite far from the city center, but you cannot find anything cheaper, if you need some privacy and don't want to stay in a dormitory.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

The heater was not enough to make room warm and ceilings in 3d floor was very low.

Quick answers from staff, everything was clean and the location is good to reach city center or airport.

• Double or Twin Room

The twin beds were very narrow.

Didn't realize it was a hostel, but it worked out okay. Room was small but good enough for one night. They had a microwave, toaster and kettle that we could use. Only about a 5 minute walk to subway station with connection to airport.

Nothing😃

It's been simple and comfortable for the money. Very clean. Friendly and helpfull receptionist. Very good location just a walk from Marcies Pombal MRT with at least few nice places to dine or to coffee. Perfetto!

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Their initial room had a multitude of problems so the front desk put me in another room. Next day the staffer in charge was all in our faces about this

It was a bit noisy in the mornings. You could hear people walking in hallways, cleaning staff doing their work, and there was construction going on two floors down. The room was much smaller than I have expected

It was nice to have an air conditioner, as it was getting cold at night

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Our room had such low ceilings that we were not able to walk around the room as humans with straight back. We are 185 and 170 cm tall and moving around the room was almost impossible, after some time we got back pain and we felt like ninjas (or monkeys). Our room was on the 4th floor just under the roof (room nr. 401). The window was tiny and only one on the roof, so basically we had no view. On the bright side, we paid for a double room with shared bathroom and we got a room with tiny private bathroom. Everything was clean but the room was pretty depressive and impossible to move around. Elevator is the slowest I've ever experienced. There are just three floors that elevator operates but you have a feeling like you are going to 50th floor. Kitchen is basically non-existing, on the 0 floor there is a microwave, a kettle and a fridge. That's it. Internet was super slow and we were getting constant disconnects.

The place was really clean, stuff was ok. Location is ok, in radius 700 m - 1 km there are a couple of metro stations, around 30 min walk and you get to downtown. Walking from any metro station to hostel with a luggage is not the best experience ever, it's pretty hilly and the pathways are made of stone cubes. Just count with that, when you are booking this place.

• Double or Twin Room

We booked a double room with no phonic insulation on the pipes and the door, so we could hear all running water and all the people walking by our door. No natural light, just a small window opening to horrible tiny "patio". Been overcharged 10Eur/night for the child (make sure they confirm you the number of people, bed type and the final price) mold around that tiny window and at the shower. During the entire stay terrible drilling and cutting noise starting from 10AM ending at 6 in the afternoon. Make sure you ask if they finished renovating, or else .... Paid 160Eur for 2 adults and a 9 years old child - November I cannot recommend this location unless you're fine with all the above.

The property was/is recently renovated and therefore - at least the 1st floor - was looking good. Out of the 3 people at the reception desk only one lady smiled at us sincerely. Very good located very close to city center, literally a walking distance.

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The room itself, noisy, small, the distance to the Metro Stations, nothing around there to der and due to public Holidays, all Restaurants were closed

• Double or Twin Room

Very small room quite noisy and a very long way from the main area of Lisbon at least a 20-25 minute walk

Staff were very good and it was very very reasonable

• Double or Twin Room

if it was 100€ per night i would have complaints but it is what comes with hostel accomodation

Great value for a capital hostel, ideal for 1 or 2 nights or if you just need a simple bed it is perfect. Shower and WC in some rooms.

• Double or Twin Room

There was mold in the bathroom. The construction of the bathroom was sketchy. The room was tiny. The airconditioning was leaking and loud. The TV wouldn't normally interest me, but if there is one in the room it should at least work. The doors didn't properly close, neither to the room nor to the bath. The room was right at the reception and it was loud all night.

The bed was ok.

Don't stay here - there are bed bugs! The hotel rooms and bathrooms are dirty. I could feel myself being bitten by bed bugs during the night and when I went to show the receptionist the bites that I was getting she told me there was nothing she could do until the manager arrived at 7am. I spoke to the manager when she arrived and I showed her the bites, but she was incredibly rude and told me that because I couldn't show her the bugs on the bed I couldn't prove anything and that I must have allergies and it wasn't her problem. The walls are very thin and I could hear the people in the room next door snoring. There was mould and insects behind the pictures on the walls.

• Double or Twin Room

You get what you pay for, and that was a small, dark room which was functional but depressing! If you can afford to spend more then do. The bedroom door is plastic and we had trouble getting it to open and close properly. The room was tiny with barely enough space to move around the beds. There was a small window in the room which opened into a dark courtyard so didn't let much natural light into the room. The bathroom door was again plastic, there was no lock on it and it didn't close over fully so there was no privacy. The bathroom itself was tiny but functional. It felt like living in a caravan! The room was mainly clean but I did find a large clump of someone else's hair on the underside of the bathroom mat and under the bed. I slept relatively well but there is not much sound proofing in the hostel and I was woken each morning by the noise of other guests as well as building work going on above us.

We were looking for somewhere low cost, close to the city centre with a private bathroom. The accommodation delivered these requirements. The air-conditioning worked well, there was a TV and a single wardrobe with some hangers. The shower had good water pressure and heat. We needed to borrow an iron which we collected from reception (there wasn't really a suitable surface in the room to iron on though). The girls at reception were always friendly. The beds were comfortable but bigger pillows would have been appreciated. The surrounding area had a good selection of local cafes and mini-markets for breakfast and general supplies. The hostel is in between two metro lines which made getting around easy. About a 10min walk to each.

• Double Room with Shared Bathroom

when we arrived they first put us into a room that was simply a joke. it's on the first floor, i think it was #106 - when they give you that key, complain directly. it's about 8 m², so a double bed merely fits in. you literally can't even move around it. the walls were dirty, window was broken, and so was the door: its lock looked as if it had been broken open by force several times. when we complained, the lady at the reception reacted really arrogant. in the end they gave us another room, that in comparison was acceptable. and another ADVICE: don't leave your bags in their so called "luggage storage". it smells rotten and when we took our bags out of it, we carried a huge cockroach that had grabbed onto it with us, which of course to our delight we noticed only once we had taken it up into the room...

the location is great, because it's a little outside of the main tourist area, so no problems with noise at night and party crowds as you will definitely have at night the bathrooms are quite clean.

Browse Residencial Mar dos Acores traveller photo gallery