Reviews of Tavira Garden

Tavira Garden, sitio cara de pau, Estrada Nacional 125, 8800-221 Tavira, Portugal

#31 of 33 B&Bs and Inns in Tavira

4.5

I just can't reccomend it. Sorry.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was little to no decoration in the apartment. The kitchen was fully stocked with crockery and had a working microwave & oven, so I can't fault that. The apartment itself was very very basic. It was old fashioned. There were only two paintings on the wall in the living room that were so old, they were sun damaged. In the bedrooms the walls were painted white, but could badly do with a repaint, they appeared to be dirty. The shower leaked a little, though otherwise it was a fine shower. The air con was only available in the main sitting room. The balcony was small and again, it was shabby. Plastic between the railings had broken off in pieces and looked bad. The balcony wasn't very spacious. I can't smell so well, but my partner and son said that there was a smell of stale cigarettes. Wifi was not available to me as the reception had run out of wifi devices. The poolside restaurant was massively overpriced for the area. You could get the same refreshments in the heart of Tavira square for a quarter of the cost. I have stayed in Tavira for the past four years, though this was my first time at the Tavira Gardens, I'm glad that I know the area, as staying in such a basic accommodation, could really be off putting of the whole Tavira experience. I will return to the area, but not to the Tavira Gardens. I think for the same money you could get a much nicer place..... if you book in advance. As far as I know, these apartments are owned & rented out for the summer period, so I think I may have been unlucky in the one that I got and that others are lovely. I would highly recommend getting detailed pictures of the apartment before you pay over any money. However, I did ask for a two bed apartment and that is exactly what I got so.... Going on my own experience. I can't recommend it though.

The property we rented was a two bed apartment that slept five. So, we got what we paid for in that respect. However, apart from fitting the general description, there was nothing nice about the apartment. It was very basic & outdated and not something I could recommend to other travellers. Unless you are in your twenties and literally want to go out partying and have somewhere to throw your head down for the night - then its fine.

On the whole apartment was ok. Tavira town lovely with plenty of bars and restaurants.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Could have been cleaner. Dust on headboard and furniture in bedroom. Floors dusty too. Bit of a trek to Tavira and back but got used to it.

Great bed and 2 good bathrooms. Nice pool quiet when we first arrived but because really by the time we left.

Lots if walking swimming beaches great food & friendly people.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I didn’t like location so near to the N125 and all that noisy traffic.A very dangerous and busy road. Why don’t they build a bridge?!Except

The apartment was very spacious and comfortable

Perfect place in lovely Tavira.
    • Studio Apartment

I'd expect more trash bags and some washing equipment.

The apartament was much much bigger than I expected. It had a view to the ocean (even though it's quite far away). There was no problem with parking. AC was working perfectly. It was clean and perfectly equipped.

Good accommodation all round, especially if you have a car.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Didn't like the walk along a main road into town, probably wouldn't recommend for children. Taxi to town about 7 euros.

Good accommodation, washing machine a bonus. Restaurant in complex served lovely fresh food at reasonable prices. Nice pools. Staff very quick to deal with any issues.

Tavira Garden 2 Bed Apartment
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The furniture was old and lumpy. Toilet not flushing properly. Could do with new bedding, towels and kitchen tea towels as they were a bit minging. Too much useless furniture and stereo equipment in apartment. Like a charity shop. Better selection of glassware plates and kitchen utensils. Need better chopping boards and pint glasses for long drinks.

Tavira is beautiful. Love the small pool. Love Minipreco Love the 2 balconies for different time of day.

Anne - Dublin
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Location - walking on side of road was crazy but cars stopped to let us cross so got used to it by day 2.

Quiet and peaceful - beautiful plants and flowers - gardens very well maintained

Beautiful town, wonderful friendly staff. Loved our little apartment.... Will definitely be back!
    • Studio Apartment

It was just what we wanted; a quiet self contained apartment with a balcony. The only disadvantage was that there was no WiFi in the apartment. But we just used our mobile roaming data.

It was small but had everything you need, bar (but didn't get a chance to try the food) swimming pool and loungers. It was only a 5 minute walk to a huge plaza (shopping centre) and there were a few local shops and supermarkets close by also. It was a 15 minute walk into the town, which was very beautiful and had a very laid back relaxing vibe.

happy with stay will return
    • Studio Apartment

pool could do with a spruce up, no internet in rooms , reception shuts too early

good value , good location, easy to find , good staff, good facilities good base to explore tavira 25 minute walk to centre,

Very spacious, well-equipped, comfortable apartament.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The only problem were ants in the bathroom. They must have had their home somewhere there. First morning after waking up we found like hundreds of them in the bathroom. A man from reception cleaned it up and used some spray. Ants didn't come back during our stay.

Very spacious, well-equipped, comfortable apartament.

Questionable
    • Studio Apartment

The unit was damp and musty, continuos ant problem , kitchen , bathroom,,our clothes stunk at the end of the week, the pool was big but the water was ice cold ? Walking in the area is dangerous traffic is heavy, people walk but you must be careful, no English speaking channels on the5 channel tele, the Internet only at the cafe while it is open, it worked but very slow, would not stay there again,

The grounds were kept fairly tidy, the cafe operator Anna very helpful and informative,

The complex is well kept and quiet.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

It was a bit far from Tavira...along a busy road for some of the way.

The complex is well kept and quiet...there is a good sized pool. Sandro at reception was very nice.

It was cheap but not very happy with it.
    • Studio Apartment

Poor bed, no dish detergent or dish cloth for doing the dishes. No WIFI in the room, had to sit outside another building to get WIFI

Good parking and quiet area

The apartment was huge and very well equipped.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Bad smell in one bathroom meant that it couldn't be used. Thursday to Sunday night there was very loud disco, not at Tavira Garden, but it meant that none of us could sleep until after 1 am.

The apartment was huge and very well equipped. Lovely big patio area, and air conditioning in the rooms. Carlos was very helpful on reception.

Lovely quiet place, great swimming pool and garden area. Would definitely stay again if in the area.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

30 minute walk to ferry to get to beach!

Well equipped spacious 2 bedroomed apartment with all mod cons.Made good use of the dishwasher and washing machine!

Love the Algarve we hired a car and did a lot of sightseeing 😊

See my report above

Unfortunately the apartment was badly neglected. We were 4 adults staying in the apartment but it only had 1 sofa which took 3 at a squeeze,there was insufficient crockery and what was there was chipped and cracked , we had to wash all mugs before we could use them. There was no cleaning materials. There was only one pillow case on the bed so we had to sleep with towels on the other pillows. When we went to the bar/ cafe on site it was closed. THe swimming pool was dirty ,the big pool had green around the walls someone had made a half hearted go of cleaning it and there was personal dirt on the ground that had been there 3 days. the manager was by the pool most day but never once acknowledged or greeted us. We enjoyed our holidays as we were out most days but will not stay at Tavira Gardens or recommend them to anyone Sorry this is a negative report but having holidayed in the Algarve since 1986 this was the first time we were disappointed, and no I would not and could not recommend Algarve Gardens

Not as advertised
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Firstly, we booked for the gym and tennis, the gym was shut down and there were no tennis rackets, there was no one to meet us when we got there, the apartment was dated, like a 80s time warp and beds uncomfortable and it was a long walk to town so you would need car especially with children as busy road to walk to town, and, in 11 days we never got cleaned or beds/towels changed

Pool area was nice and apartment was a good size

Spacious, excellent kitchen, fantastic surroundings and pool...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Furnishings were very tired and grubby, had to buy new pillows, old uncomfortable beds.

Spacious, excellent kitchen, fantastic surroundings and pool, roof terrace, great location

Wouldn't come to this resort again.
    • Studio Apartment

Kitchenette was very poorly equipped. The bathroom only had taps no shower attached, no shower very poor for 2017.

Had a kitchenette with no pans or pots and no oven, only a hob that took forever to heat up. Threw away the eggs which we attempted to boil!

Rreally enjoyed it and would definitely return
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment

The only issue and was a very minor one was getting in and out of Tavira. Would suggest running a shuttle at key times during the day or evening

Friendly staff great complex and facilities. Pools fab as well as all the activities arranged. Well maintained

I liked that the property was not too busy as we travelled...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

As we are a party of 8 (2 adults, 6 children ranging in age from 6-17) we aim for a family holiday in which everyone is happy. Unfortunately Tavira garden does not allow any toys in the pool ie no action figures or dolls for small children, no pool toys and NO BALLS. We have been to many holiday resorts and this is the first time i have come accross this rule. Jumping or diving into the pool is not permitted either. So basically no fun! This is enough reason for me to say it is not a family friendly place.

I liked that the property was not too busy as we travelled at the beginning of August. It was close to a well stocked supermarket.

The swimming pools were clean.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The apartment was ill equipped. We were a family of 5 but we had two cereal bowls, two mugs. The location was not the best. Having to walk. Along a hard shoulder to get anywhere was not ideal

The swimming pools were clean. Apartments spacious.

there was shops near by but we had to take the car all the...
    • Three-Bedroom Apartment

free WiFi ,better and clear maps of the area,the barbecue area was full of garbage no lights if we need to cook at night and the worst there was no water to wash our hand ,

there was shops near by but we had to take the car all the time because there was no side walk outside the premises what is dangerous with 3 small children in a very busy road.

• Studio Apartment

No wifi in apartment, but was able to purchase wifi from reception.

Choice of pools - either quiet or a bit busier. Very clean and beautiful gardens surrounding the complex.

Spacious apartment and very good value for money.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

One of the bedroom doors leading onto the balcony would not open other than that everything was fine.

The apartment was very spacious and comfortable. The kitchen was well equipped and relatively clean. The balcony was very pleasant to sit on as it had a good, open view. The apartments are reasonably located it takes about ten minutes to walk into the centre of Tavira. Unfortunately, the first few minutes were alongside a busy road which had large weeds that intruded on to the walking area. It would not have been suitable for pushchairs etc. The swimming pool and surrounding area was very nice and well maintained.

Ok apartment
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Very smelly bathroom (poor drainage?) with no windows. Small lumpy pillows (we had to buy our own eventually). Uncomfortable beds. No pillow case on the one bed. No air conditioner in bedrooms.

Spacious apartment and clean on arrival. Washing machine and dishwasher worked well. Close to town.

The apartment needs new furniture
    • Studio Apartment

Sofa in my apartment was so dirty I have found sitting it disgusting . I had to put my parrero before I sat. If I came for holidays or for longer time it would be disaster. 4 days we survived.

Swimming pools areas were nice, clean. Whole Tavira Garden compound is nicely arranged and well kept

Excellent Facilities.
    • Studio Apartment

The location was around a 15-20 minute walk away from Tavira Centre. However the local taxis were amazing and only cost around 6 euros each way. The location is a 3 minute walk away from a big supermarket so is very handy.

Excellent Facilities. Apartments are very spacious and comfortable. Pool was quiet and clean.

The location, the overall cleanliness, the smallest pool...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The bed for the third person was absolutely terrible. as the sofa bed didn't work the staff put a bed structure with a very thin matress and nobody was able to sleep in it, prefering to stay half-seatd on the old sofa for the majority of the nights in our stay. The wi-fi was paid, 5 euros per day but it only worked in some periods of the day. It's too expensive for an hotspot device that doesn't work 80% of the time

The location, the overall cleanliness, the smallest pool very close to our appartment. the value for money, having all the equipments necessary for a stay in a cosy appartment. the air conditioning worked perfectly.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Quite OK

see above!

It was OK, didn't expect so much! But I put my jacket under a chair outside, I didn't like the gardener to "keep" it to the second day! I thought it was stolen, and was very upset 24 hours!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Perfect base for a few nights stay.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Well kept urbanization and attractive, easy to find. Accommodation basic, clean but furniture not very tasty. Kitchen not well stocked with utensils etc.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

A decent base for Tavira
    • Studio Apartment

On arrival I was given a very tired looking apartment which seemed unused for a long time with dodgy electrical wires,dirty cutlery and an ill fitting bed and not clean.After complaining I was a moved to a much nicer one.The locks/latch keys to the apartment blocks were a nightmare taking many attempts to work.TV only had a couple of local Portuguese channels.No Wifi in rooms only at reception or restaurant.To have Wifi in room costs an additional extortionate rate of 5 euros per day. Initially told the only way to town was a long walk alongside the busy main road and Shopping Mall.In fact it was quite possible to walk directly the other direction by walking around roadworks and then a pleasant stroll.

The apartments(the newer ones)are spacious,clean and comfy with kitchenette,fridge,washing machine and living area.Separate bedroom with balcony and bathroom.The pool area was nice to relax at and there was inexpensive food and drink available.The girl at the bar spoke good English and was very helpful.The managers were very helpful with sorting out problems and complaints.I was allowed to use my room on the last day until late afternoon which was much appreciated as I had a late flight. There was a big supermarket nearby for supplies. The distance to town was a downhill 20 min.walk.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Never again.
    • Studio Apartment

The kitchen was ridiculous. 1 bowl. No opener or corkscrew. No matching crockery or knives and forks. Just a muddle of what they must have brought from their nearest junk shop.

The bar was nice and the staff in here were very friendly.

Disappointed with overpriced appartment
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Appartment 1.d, block 13 needs total refurbishment. Suite very dirty, blankets old and not clean, toaster badly cracked. On arrival no kettle or iron. Property 25 minute walk or 10 minute taxi from Tavira, no beach close, swimming pool had green algae

Location on site good, staff very helpful, property good size

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Every request made was honoured.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Bed was so uncomfortable did not get one nights sleep. Located a wee bit outside Tavira but a nice walk in (along a main road at times though). Taxi ride is only 5 euro for those that don't like to walk.

Every request made was honoured. Staff very attentive and helpful. Photos on Booking.com don't do the place justice, they make it look very run down. They need to be updated. The pool area was nicer and the apartment more modern with every amenity necessary. We even got on request a great iron, ironing board and great hair drayer. Would definitely recommend it but for those that don't like walking as it's a bit out off Tavira.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Very poor
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The complex was having re-surfacing work on the roads which they forgot to tell me. The noise in the apartment and around the pool was horrendous. The rooms were dated and dirty. Bed linen and towels were poor. A good twenty minute walk into town but very few paths,so need a cab at night.

The weather

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Great apartment and facilities
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The road is now too busy to cross safely to walk into town but taxis were good but adds cost to the holiday

Apartment ideal, pool wonderful, not too busy and always beds. Bar staff very helpful and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Lovely complex slightly let down by the basic-ness of the apartment
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Beware the "third bed" - I booked a "three bed apartment" - and was notified the third bed was a sofa bed, which I was aware of before I booked. It really was a very very basic sofa bed with a 6-8cm thick matress. The third bed was also in the "living room/kitchenette" meaning I had the pleasure of the fridge defrosting all night. The pillows are also terrible, small foam balls inside a cotton bag is the best way to describe them. The bar/restaurant is advertised as "10am-LATE" on the blackboards/adverts outside, but was closed by 730pm on the Saturday and the Sunday.

The 3 pools were outstanding - partner and son loved them. (there is also a very shallow 1ft pool for younger kids to paddle) It has a small supermarket and a lovely bar 200m outside the complex. There is also a great shopping Plaza 15 minutes walk away. Close to Tavria by taxi and only 10 min walk from Porta Nova train station (if you are feeling advernturous the train to Faro is approx €3.30 and takes 35 mintes, but they only run every 1.5 hours approx) The complex is lovely, the apartment was clean and had good basic functionality.

Pleasant stay in apartment complex.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

No lift. In a large apartment complex with shared facilities. The restaurant was below standard. To get to the centre of Tavira you had to drive.

The size, layout and equipment in the apartment were excellent. The reception staff were very helpful in settling us in and giving us information of the surrounding area! The air conditioning was wonderful!

would stay again but with car hire.
    • Studio Apartment

no cleaning or linen change for the entire week.towels changed once. bar and restaurant advertise open till late but closed 2 nig hts at 8pm,1night at 9pm and 1 night at 10pm! we found it strange also music and barbeques advertised but didnt happen.you have to go to tavira for food and drinks as no amenities in the neighbourhood

gardens,pools werebeautiful and immaculate.staff helpful and pleasant.apartments very spacious and well equipped with essentials.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

The staff were friendly and accommodating.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The staff were friendly and accommodating. We had a late flight on the departure day and they gave us access to our room free of charge until we left. Much appreciated.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Great place to relax! Recommended!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The restaurant area and bar next to the pool are a bit outdated a could use some remodeling. This didn't have any negative effect on our stay obvioulsy.

Tavira Garden is perfect for a quiet holiday. The apartment was clean and had everything we needed. We were very lucky to have a private terrace with a pretty decent view. The pools were clean and never overcrowded. The staff is helpful and nice and there is always someone around if you need. The location is great, just a 5 min drive to the centre of Tavira. Easy access to beaches (in Tavira you can't walk to any beach).

Everything else was excellent

Beds uncomfortable

Everything else was excellent

Been coming here for 3years this is the poorest we have seen it
    • Studio Apartment

Pool area was good but bar could do with breakfast menu

Apartment very tired needed modernisation. Problem with drainage smell in bathroom

Good location but bring your ear plugs
    • Studio Apartment

Busy road to cross and traffic noise as located beside main road to Spain

Friendly ,near supermarket and a 15 min stroll into town centre

very relaxing and very nice place to stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

no footpath into the town when walking

Spacious apartment, very clean and proximity to the pool

Just used it as a base

Apt too drab

Just used it as a base

Nothing we loved everything

enjoyable

pool bar

The pool. Bad mantained.

Ok

Good pool, quite,I liked it

To many steps

Very relaxing

Nothing very relaxing

AAdequate for short stay. Location suited me.
    • Studio Apartment

Bed was just a pull out sofa

Pool area well kept

An enjoyable peaceful few days in comfort.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The pedestrian access along a main road could be better.

The swimming pools are excellent.

Good value for money, handy supermarket minutes away. Quiet and relaxing, a little out of town
    • Studio Apartment

Having to cross busy road without pavements

Pool was excellent.

No wi-fi in the room.

Nice room, we had a very well equiped kitchen, even a washing machine. Friendly staff.

Poor standard needs good overhaul smelly and no service at all

Rooms

Excellent holiday, accommodation was spacious and well equipped. Pools were never too busy.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The sofa bed was very uncomfortable.

Great, private roof top balcony!

The location is very good, 5 minuts away from the city center.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

They shoul have change the towels

The appartment is large and nice, suiitable for a family.

Lovely week with family

Busy road near to property

Lovely gardens very clean large pool staff were excellent

Brilliant place to stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The pool was lovely & the staff were great.

Very nice accomodation if you like peace and quiet.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Nice location at the edge of relatively quiet Algarve town. Large, modern comfortable apartment in a peaceful condominium/apartment complex.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Don't waste your money
    • Studio Apartment

Apartment in desperate need of a refurbishment. Trouble opening the doors into the block and apartment.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

i pay 223€ for 7 days.. its ok, but not so cleen and the shower was very baaaad,

shower was very bad

price ok when i was there, 223€ for one week.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

fine for self catering , driving anywhere
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

not walking distance from town or restaurants

spacious, quiet, clean, walking distance just from supermarket

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

seriously needs updating to decor interiors

seriously needs updating to decor interiors

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Perfect place to relax and renew yourself.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The washing machine was a plus and it was very quiet at night which made sleeping wonderful.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

I had a great time
    • Studio Apartment

Very friendly and comfortable place really enjoyed it ,very clean and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Nice but bit rundown
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Complex is quite outdated and on a quite busy road. Unless wanting to use the pool then better staying in tavira

the property was quite spacious

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

6.0
    Very enjoyable and relaxing
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

A modern television with more than one TV station which was Portuguese

Spacious and comfortable apartment

Mattress very hard

Mattress very hard

pool.
    • Studio Apartment

shower was poor...aircon didn't work properly..bed was a fold up bed not a proper single/double bed

pool....balcony in apartment

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Staff in bar very friendly and helpful especially Anna.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Evening entertainment would be great.

Staff in bar very friendly and helpful especially Anna.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Pool

Pool attendant

Pool

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Noise in the bedroom during the evening prevented us from...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Noise in the bedroom during the evening prevented us from sleeping.Extra beds were extremelly uncomfortable.

There are also 33 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.