Reviews of TURIM Alameda Hotel 4 stars

Av. Rovisco Pais, 34, Arroios, 1000 - 046 Lisbon, Portugal

#229 of 329 hotels in Lisbon

Location was good, staff friendly, comfortable and clean.

No complimentary coffee, no milk. Types of tea not to our taste. Water overpriced 350mls cost 3.50 euros! Paid 80 cents at convenient shop for 1,5 litre down the road.

Location was good, staff friendly, comfortable and clean.

We stayed there only for one night.

We stayed there only for one night. They charged my account for something I didn’t use: the minibar. I sent them an email but never heard back. Otherwise, it’s nice hotel.

No value for money -- too expensive.

The room was super small and the shower was really really small. I am quite petite when it comes to European standard and even I had a problem showering comfortably. I can only imagine how a medium-built European man can even fit into the shower.

Even though the breakfast was pretty cheap, the hotel offered quite a good selection of food. The bacon was tasty, bread was plentiful, the scrambled egg was ok. There were lots of fruits and yoghurt, which was nice. The hotel staffs were nice and helpful.

Perfect hotel, such as Turim Alameda hotel can be a part of perfect holiday.

The breakfast was good, but desserts & drinks could have been better.

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Everything was excellent. Very easy excess to the metro, very safe and clean place. We were satisfied with our stay.

The location is quite good in between 2 metro stations and...

Wifi on the 7th floor was no where to be found even after we informed the staff and he told us he would try to restart the routers. The facilities are a bit old and outdated: small TV, old sofa, control of the aircon system and only 2 power points on the wall away from the bed, which turned out to be quite inconvenient.

The location is quite good in between 2 metro stations and next to an institute and within walking distance to some small restaurants and a big supermarket. Generally friendly staff. View from our room on the 7th floor was good. Room itself was spacious. Breakfast offers a variety of options but not all were warm and freshly prepared.

Bad experience

Extremely bad service, they changed our room 4 times in 2 days. Their ac and wifi were extremely bad, didnt work at all. Bad location, far from the city center and after metro you need a taxi to reach to the hotel. Manager was rude and didnt compensate us for the inconvenience caused, wouldnt suggest anyone to go here.

Nothing at all

Nice and really tidy hotel in Lisbon

Wifi really really weak in our room, it was almost impossible to connect to the internet, a great pity

Delicious breakfast. Our room on sixth floor was nice and clean... staff very friendly and professional!

Good quality, price ratio. Central Location.

Facilities are old, bed was not comfortable. Breakfast was bad. They have a fair selection of products but the quality is sad. Maybe less selection but better quality would be better.

Staff was very nice and helpful. Location is central. Good for the price. Parking is available.

Tour de lisbon, Portugal 🇵🇹.

The room was not as I expected. Gave us two single beds instead of double. Very small room compared to site. Not enough space. One of the cleaning staff disturbing with repeated knocks on the door early morning, not sure why. On opening the door- says nothing and turns away. No coffee pouches on the room. Hence, not able to drink coffee early morning. Most importantly, very poor wifi. Not able to access internet through our room. So disappointing. Need to go down to reception to access wifi. What a disaster. Would not stay here again and would not recommend.

Location was good. Easy access to metro and nearby park.

No wifi , no hot water on shower, noises, 45 minutes to walk...

No wifi , no hot water on shower, noises, 45 minutes to walk from city center, at breakfast was a lot of food but not quality and old ham, not much to eat. Staff not nice and told us a lot of lies about internet and hot water.. Hotel is old and everything look bad.

Great location, but not 4-star

The hotel was well below what would be expected for a 4-star rating. The rooms and general decor were dated and the intermittent wifi was frustrating. Breakfast was basic and the evening menu limited.

Location and access to metro.

Disappointed

The lady staff at front desk is not nice She shouts us all the time when we want to get help. The hotel should consider to fire her. She works on Sunday 10 June 2018 in the morning

Size of the room. You cannot even open a suitcase. Shower missing a door. Toilet floor gets wet and slippery. Small shower. If you are washing your hair your elbows hit both sides, you barely have space to turnaround to close or open the tap.

Clean rooms but outdated

The hotel is a bit worn out. Interior could hardly be rated as 4 star hotel. Outdated. No power points above nightstand. To charge your phone you need to walk to an opposite wall from the bed...in 2018. Requires renovation. Only instant coffee at the breakfast from coffee automate. Disgusting. Coffee doesn't cost that much, but very important in the morning. It's quite a walk to downtown. About 50 min to the river, and 60 min back cause it's located on the hill.

Clean room and bathroom. We we allowed to check-in already at 11-00 and check-out at 13-00. This is amazing! Breakfast has wide variety of food.

The overall stay was good to execellent !

I was somehow disappointed that the rate did not include breakfast and I had to pay extra.

I enjoyed the comfort of the bed and cleanness of the bathroom. The attendance was also very good.

Room was clean, beds comfortable, staff friendly, property...

Internet in the room was mainly not available. If, then really weak. So we had to go to the lobby to have a good internet connection. The parking garage is really narrow, difficult to park with a midsize car

Room was clean, beds comfortable, staff friendly, property close to the metro

Comfort and clean hotel

Good location (but little bit far for the old city) - near two metro stations with direct connection to the airport (recommend to use the Saldanha station from/to the airport because the street is not steep) and to the old town, near the night bus stop from/to the airport. Comfortable and clean room and bathroom. Comfortable bed and pillows. Friendly staff. Good cafés/restaurants around.

We wanted a value for money 4* hotel and this fitted the expectation

Breakfast coffee (ex machine) awful. Most hotels now offer freshly made expresso style. The waterproof sheet on the mattress was uncomfortable

The hotel staff noticed my wife birthday and kindly gave us cake/glasses of wine without prompting. The breakfast food was good

Reception people where very 👍🏽 nice

The room was not so clean. And a little bit on the old side. I think it’s time for a renovation. Toilet shower. And rooms are not 4 star quality. The restaurant looks nice

Reception people where very 👍🏽 nice

The hotel is nice and staffs are so kind. I got the highest floor and there was balcony.

The location is ok but it's on the hill and felt hard to carry baggage from the metro.

The bathroom was extremely clean and amenities were good. I love the balcony with lovely view.

Do not recommend at all. Terrible service, dirty rooms, practically no WiFi.

Terrible service! We had 6 pieces of luggage and nobody helped us to unload in front of the hotel. Nobody helped us to bring our luggage to the room. The lady at the reception desk was very rude. In addition, the hotel charged me twice for no reason at all! I got my money back only a couple of days after the stay. The room had only one large towel (even though we were two people staying), no bathrobes. The bedsheets were dirty. Wifi was terrible and did not work inside the room at all. I wish I had never stayed there in my life.

staff were friendly;

its not normally a good sign to be told on arrival ' my colleague has deleted your booking'. also there were some linguistic issues- my companion and I speak 6 languages between us, unfortunately Portuguese isn't one of them, so it was a bit of a struggle to communicate at times.

staff were friendly; breakfast was ample if not overly exciting

Clean hotel and pleasant staff. Uber is nice help to move around in the town

No air-conditioning despite payment for a air-conditioned room

Nice location and Uber was helpful with movements. No air conditioning (apparently air-conditioning is only switched on in May). We did pay for air-conditioned room as claimed on booking. Clean and breakfast was excellent. Staff friendly.

Nice hotel in a cosy neighborhood

The air conditioning was not working as well as I expected. There was no anti skid mat in the bath so taking shower was dangerous. There was no free of charge drinking water in the room. A free bottle of water is a standard in every European 4 star hotel.

The hotel is situated in a nice neighborhood 5 minutes away from a subway station. From the station there are direct trains to the airport and to the downtown.

We have a very good time in Lisbon and guidance of your front desk staff for the buses.

The WiFi service was poor and we needed to leave our room to connect to it.

We appreciated the very helpful, friendly staff. They were great!. This includes the front desk staff, housekeeping staff and electrical technician staff. The walkway up the street was beautiful. MIN

its a good place to stay.

I expected the attendants to be better prepared. They seemed very junior and almost never gave us tips or instructions that helped us. Like for example best places to park and tips the city. Cleanliness also left something to be desired. Towels and bath kit were not replenished and toilet and tub were not cleaned on any of the three days we were there.

it is a very good hotel with great structure.

Pleasant stay for a short city break. Friendly, helpful staff. Clean, food and bar fine but hot room

Rooms were hot as air-con did not seem to work very well. Open windows just let noise in.

Helpful, pleasant staff, good location near Metro,bars and restaurants.

Average stay. Nice big beds and lovely bathroom

The room had a massive dint in the wall, and the window sills have wall paper on them? The staff seemed a little unhappy. No smile was given by any staff

The room came with teas, coffees and shampoo. Big fluffy pillows!

Comfortable bed, amazing city view from the room window,...

Low water pressure in the shower, if you have a lot of hair as I do, it is going to be difficult to wash it. Two evenings in a row, there was only freezing cold water in the shower (?).

Comfortable bed, amazing city view from the room window, delicious breakfast!

Very comfortable and nice room, bathroom, good breakfast,...

Internet in room #104 is awful. Had to work from lobby, I wish I could work from the room.

Very comfortable and nice room, bathroom, good breakfast, friendly staff. Extra friendly and polite staff in the restaurant! Breakfast usually is over in 10.30am, I usually need more time for it and staff kept food for me till 11am, then politely asked if I wish anything else to take from the counters. It was so nice and so kind from their side :) I've never met this kind of attitude in other hotels!

We had a lovely stay

The wifi didn't work properly in our room.

The room was perfect and had all the comfort we needed. The hotel is not located in the city center, but it was just a few minutes walk from subway station Alameda. We were in no time in the city center. The breakfast was very good: yummy pastries, good bread, pancakes, fruit and even warm meals. The staff was really helpfull during our stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

The room was fine, the breakfast is much more better than my...

The parking lot is definitely not easy for a beginner-driver to park, very narrow and the ascent is unbelievable steep!It costs 15 euro a day, kinda expensive.

The room was fine, the breakfast is much more better than my expectation. The staff in the reception are quite helpful.

A nice clean hotel, with helpful staff. Location could be better, but nice quiet surroundings.

The breakfast service was terrible. You have to ask for cutlery, you have to ask for extra napkins and so on. The coffee was horrible, even though Portugal has some of the best coffee I've ever tasted.

The service at the front desk is superb. Very helpful and gave good advice. The rooms where clean and spacious and the shower had descent varm water. The bar was nice, with great service. The breakfast had enough choices for all.

Worth the money except breakfast and nice location.

The immediate request on arrival/check-in to give my credit card to guarantee payment of the mini bar ! In fact the said bar only contained few light drinks and nothing of value. I declined firmly and suggested they clear the bar before we enter! After some more frank discussion with the surly Manager he agreed with my request and withdrew the demand. We found it unpleasant and unnecessary. In respect of the clean bathroom I found the bath with shower potentially dangerous to vacate without a handle on wall. We considered the buffet breakfast too expensive and found other cafes nearby much cheaper. By the way the published room price at the hotel is quite a shock to view.

1. location 2. large comfortable bedroom and beds. 3. Nice bathroom

It has been better

I feel the property is loosing quality each time I visit - AC would only work on heat, the shower didn't seal properly so there was water on the floor following my shower, window coating is degrading and as no maintenance, the lifts maintenance was expired (on both lifts)

A good place to stay overnight while waiting for a fligh the next day.

The TV remote control was missing, and I fell asleep before a new one was delivered. I seldom drink coffee, but when I for once really wanted a cup, then there was no coffe available in my room - only tea bags.

I got excellent restaurant suggestions from the receptionist and he helped me checking whether my flight next day might be affected by the strike at the airport. The Metro station is downhill and not far away. Walking uphill from the Alameda station with heavy luggage requires some effort, but you are welcomed with water in the reception are.

Unfortunately, I will not recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends.

It was raining hard when we were there. When we tried to borrow an umbrella from reception, we were told by Patricia that they only had 2 umbrellas and that we had to buy it if we really wanted one. I cannot imagine a big hotel operating with only 2 umbrellas! When we requested that she book us for a day tour event the next day, she said it was too late and that we had to do the booking early morning the next day. She was not very helpful at all.

Would definitely recommend.

The other restaurant meals were mediocre. Okay but not outstanding. May be better during busier times. We were there off season.

Price for a capital city was amazing for such a top notch accommodation.

I really like Turim Alameda, except for the wifi being...

I really like Turim Alameda, except for the wifi being ridiculously slow. Most days I it took several minutes to open the google front page - the smallest webpage I know!

Disappointed

The staff gave us a terrible room on the 7/f which was far below standard. The wardrobe is six inch in width and the room is so cramped. We complained and was given a better room. Staff at the restaurant did not listen well. You did you get what you requested.

Breakfast good choice. Cakes are good.

The room was excellent - exactly as shown in the pictures.

The tv remote control was not working and I informed an employee at the reception about it. Since we haven't gotten any response on the matter, I called the front desk and the same employee re-assured me that she will handle it, mentioning the she is a "responsible" person. Needless to say, I haven't turned on the tv in my room during my stay. Oh - and there is some weird sticker on the windows.

The room was excellent - exactly as shown in the pictures. Very clean and tidy - bonus for the cleaners for coming in everyday to change towels - without bothering us. The location is very good - a quiet neighbourhood quite close to the city center and even closer to a Metro station. I recommend getting the breakfast as well, as it is a balanced swedish buffet.

Good value for money, highly recommend.

The hotel is uphill from Alameda station, however, not too far. Windows are covered by sticker - maybe as a protection against the sun?

Wide selection at breakfast. Clean and modern hotel and room, with heating, toiletries and hair dryer.

Not coming back here

Terrible parking facilities with very steep slopes and turns and quite expensive (not free parking). Unprofessional reception staff, complaining about being alone at the reception with a lot of work to do.

Accessible hotel, very good value for money.

Only downfall was that the wifi did not work in the room at all, not strong enough signals. Had to sit in the reception/bar/restaurant area.

Really nice staff all over, very helpful and kind. I use A wheelchair and it worked perfectly in the hotel. The first room I got was unfortunately to small, could not get to the window with the wheel chair, but that was sorted quickly and I got a room that worked fine with a chair. It was not on the 6th floor with an amazing view like the first one, but it was fine with a view of some roof tops. I needed help getting up the ramp from the bar and restaurant area, but that was never a problem. Had to go in the bar/restaurant area. I had breakfast one day and it was great, lots og different choices. Not far to an accessible metro stasjon, so no need to use a taxi because you use a wheelchair. Many accessible stations in Lisboa

Confortable

The coffee and juice from a "self service machine" does not fit with a good 4 stars hotel...

staff is very kind; rooms are confortable. Location is really great.

The position of the hotel and its rich breakfast

We asked to clean the window during 4 days and never it has been done The final bill was wrong so the staff asked us to pay a difference while we were leaving the hotel

The position of the hotel and its rich breakfast

Breakfast.

In restaurant for breakfast and whole floor the hotel doesn’t have a clock. The Hotel with 4 Stars I think need to have clock for information about the time. Bathroom has problem with air ventilation. Does not work ventilator

Breakfast.. clean room

The person that checked us in was very helpful.

The breakfast was great on the first day however the following two days, it was stale. The towels were very old and in desperate need of being changed. I stayed on the first floor and the WiFi didn’t work at all, when I complained to the staff they didn’t care to help.

The person that checked us in was very helpful.

Good

Breakfast wasn’t so nice, there was mold around the bath, which a small paint could solve. Our window was very unsafe, it was really big and had no safeguard. Air conditioning was not working.

Good location, comfortable bed, friendly staff, nice room.

My wallet was raped... definitely not worth it !!

The extremely expensive rates. 15€ a night parking! INSANE!! The bed was very badly made, almost looked like it wasn’t even changed. I went there on business but the Wi-Fi in my room (402) was unusable until midnight, and it was still terrible!! There was just no reason to pay that much money for that hotel. I advise people to go to a different hotel, for better prices and you’ll have parking and breakfast included, and decent Wi-Fi.

good

No sign of wifi on the floor where our room was, only at the front desk. I complained but there was no solution. The transfer from the hotel to the airport was not complimentary. On arrival from the airport, I had to pay 18

very good room.

Would stay again!

The rooms were too warm.

Large, comfortable rooms, with a electric jar and some tea offered by the hotel. Bathroom with all the items one could want, including body lotion! Silent.

A good experience!

One of the room had very small shower, very disappointed with that.

This hotel is good all modern and clean !!! The breakfast was super, absolutely amazing!!! We did book 2 rooms.

Great value for money. Very happy with our room. Would definitely come back.

There should be power sockets on the bedsides. Would be helpful.

Really good breakfast. Was very happy with the view from the 3rd floor. Room 308 it's pretty good.

Ok

We had to catch an early flight so missed our breakfast & they didn't even offered a packed breakfast 😯 Also the guy at the reception told us the wrong terminal 😨 I wish he said I don't know

The wifi did not work and, although it was claimed that this...

The wifi did not work and, although it was claimed that this was a temporary problem, noboday knew wether someone was working on it. After two days, some connection was available but extremely unstable and slow. This service was below standard in view of the price of the hotel.

Excellent.

Wifi is very weak whenever you go even tho at the reception area.

Breakfast was excellent! The hotel is 12-15min away by car. Uber is very affordable in Lisbon so it was about 7-8 euro for the journey. Bus 736 and 742 are very useful to go to main attractions also the hotel is very near to Alamada tube station. Get a zapping card for transportation. The hotel is very clean and staff were very helpful.

Fair. Apart from the staff, I would not stay there again.

Very noisy room overlooking the street and could hear everything from adjacent rooms. Mattress protectors on bed was squeaky and uncomfortable.

Some of the staff, especially Sara and manager Sonia, were very helpful.

Excellent location for walking.

Very bad Wi-Fi on the 7th floor (room 710).

Excellent location for walking. Metro Alameda and Saldahna are not so far. Beautiful river view on the 7th floor. It takes you 15 minutes to get to the Parque Eduardo VII and than 10 minutes to Baixa.

People are welcoming and friendly.

The beds and the room were good but a little bit noisy (neighbours). No free minéral water to welcome you and no paper and pen to take notes

People are welcoming and friendly. The view was amazing ! A good point of départure to visit the non touristic side of Lisbonne !

Good location near metro

WiFi in room did not work at all which is poor for 4 star hotel-also breakfast supposed to be open at 7.00am but still not letting people in at 7.10am!

Good location near metro

contrary to some bad reviews we found this hotel very good

Room not very large and no sitting area but we were mostly out.

Room was quite decent with two separate beds brought together. Bathroom facilities very nice and clean. Breakfast included was very good

- Cake and sparkling wine waiting for us on one evening.

- The food at the restaurant was not good, and the service was disorganized. - No coffee with the kettle, just tea.

- Cake and sparkling wine waiting for us on one evening. - Very close to key subway station. - Air conditioned. - Minibar.

Comfortable and affordable, near the airport and an easy cab ride to old downtown.

The underground parking was (I think) $15 a night and it was very tricky to navigate with the Ford minivan we'd rented. (We will never rent a minivan in Portugal again!)

The beds and shower were terrific. The breakfast was probably the best we've had in a hotel in quite a while. Front desk had an English speaker, so that was nice. They let us stash our bags after we checked out. Picked them up at 1 am. That was nice. Nice Happy Hour drink discounts.

Nothing to dislike

We did not eat at the hotel, but the room was clean and comfy and the staff were helpful, we asked for a balcony and it was reserved for us, we had a beautiful view of Portugal, I would recommend the hotel and be happy to stay there again.

A Nice Hotel

A nice hotel,just a few minutes walk (up hill) from Alameda Metro station which is on the line from the airport. We had requested two rooms on an upper floor and were accommodated on the top floor. One room was at the front of the hotel which had a balcony with an amazing across the city.The other room was at the back and had a strange opaque film over the windows but when opened also had a great view. The rooms were clean,very comfortable beds, good air con and very quiet at night. The girls on reception were very helpful......we needed a late checkout and they organised this for us. We had breakfast which was good value. Would stay again.

An average experience considering the level of Hotel we believed we had booked.

There was tea making facility but poor tea choice ( no breakfast teabags ), no milk and difficult to position safely near an electrical socket. There was a plastic sheet over the mattress which was uncomfortable. Other guests close to our room were smoking, when reported we were told nothing could be done without a clear indication who and which room. As we left early and missed breakfast we were given a small packed lunch which was poor.

Bathroom and shower was good and the rest of the room was clean and ok.

The stay was alright, I found everything I needed.

I would have wished for a more comfortable mattress, as you could slightly feel the springing. I found it weird that the remote control for the TV was embedded in the wall ...

The location of the TURIM Alameda was only around five minutes from the nearest metro station, from where a train went directly to the town center and the airport. During the night the area was very quiet. For a city trip the hotel had everything so satisfy the basic needs (good bed, refrigerator, clean bathroom).

Not for sightseeing: feels like an anonymous business chain hotel

Off hand staff. Public transport not that close. Room rather small, TV reception poor.

Walking distance to bars and restaurants. Air conditioning was good.

Clean hotel, excellent location.

The double bed was quite small (width 140 cm), we used to sleep in bigger beds. Selection of meals for breakfast is not so various but everything was delicious.

The hotel is in an excellent location, Alameda metro station is only a few minutes walk from it. The hotel is clean, the staff was usually friendly.

I enjoyed my stay. very handy for the airport a little far from town but easy access to hop on bus

Tea and coffee supplies not updated and also no milk supplied (either powdered or liquid). Although staff readily supplied a jug at the bar but we had to ask each day.

Bed was very comfortable. Air con a little slow. Bathroom facilities good.

Location and room is nice, but staff could be more helpful.

Wi-Fi in my room didn't work even though that I contacted the reception two times about that. I order a chicken salad to my room and it took like 40 minutes until I received it and the chicken was raw inside.

Not worth the price paid

The location isn't great, and I would not stay in that area again - there are very few restaurants and bars in the area and it's a fair way out from the centre, the airport or any train station. The wifi didn't work, despite asking the staff at the front desk for help. The tea kettle's cord didn't reach the only powerpoint available, so it had to be placed on the bed in order to work. For the price that it is, I was disappointed.

The bed and bathroom were comfortable, and the breakfast was very good.

Fabulous stay, would definitely recommend.

Fresh coffee would have been better than the instant stuff out of a machine!

What a wonderful hotel. Some reviews I read before leaving were not very positive, however, I found the staff very friendly and helpful, the room was superb and breakfast good.

Good place near the crossing of underground lines to the...

To small bathroom and especially the shower space.

Good place near the crossing of underground lines to the airport and to the city centre. Pleasant staff.

Browse TURIM Alameda Hotel traveller photo gallery