Reviews of TURIM Iberia Hotel 4 stars

Av. 5 De Outubro 160, Avenidas Novas, 1050-062 Lisbon, Portugal

#189 of 329 hotels in Lisbon

I wouldn't bother paying 10 euros extra for the breakfast if your deal doesn't include it. Unless you enjoy eating cakes in the morning. The traditionally English stuff was dreadful. And cold.

The very pleasant staff, the bar and the comfort of the bed.

WiFi did not work at all, not acceptable for a “4 star” hotel. We found staff unfriendly and unhelpful , no map or details on the facilities provided during check in. Most of the staff on reception struggled to answer any of our questions in English and always had to liaise with each other, a lot of the times they giggled amongst themselves and made you feel that you were bothering them . We would not return to this hotel due to the rudeness and incompetence of most of the staff.

Clean rooms and comfortable beds Able to check in early

The mattress was not that great, but the sheets and pillows were clean and comfortable.

The receptionist was incredibly welcoming, the room was confortable and the location, for us, was key. The value we paid for what we got was amazing. Very lucky to find this accomodation last minute.

Not even a single packet of coffee in my room, horrible WIFI, the air conditioner is from the 15th century, no wall plugs on the bed, and don't even think about using the mini-bar or the room service, you have great close-by cafe's that will serve you great food for 5x less money. Oh, and if you want to bring your car, they will charge you an extra 15euros for the night

Nothing really...

Very hot in the room, even with the air conditioning on. Poor quality coffee at breakfast. Restaurant selection very basic and served in the bar rather than in the restaurant/breakfast room.

Good quality of ingredients at breakfast apart from the coffee. Very bright and spacious room. Friendly staff. Good wifi.

The a/c did not seem to work (at least we could not control it to our liking), in the mornings the room would be terribly warm, even when it was cold outside. You should not save a few cents on tea, more tea bags (and maybe some instant coffee) would make us happier and do not cost much. I did not have breakfast in the hotel because it was unreasonably expensive, I had a pretty good breakfast at a local Padaria for 1/4 of the price.

Everything was clean and comfortable. I was expecting to be very far away from everything (from reading other reviews), but it turns out all touristic attractions are easily accessible from the hotel by bus (the subway is not that convenient). There were also plenty of options to eat in the region.

There were just little things like we only had 3 hangers between 2 people and there was tea/coffee facilities but no tea or coffee.When we asked for milk we were given some on the 1st day but when asked again was told by bar staff we had to pay.

The room was clean and the staff were friendly.Ideal for a few nights away.

Paid extra for breakfast and what I got was disappointing. Greasy bacon and tinned sausages with scrambled egg. Coffee so sweet I couldn't drink it even though I didn't ask for sugar.

Staff very helpful and courteous. Rooms fine with decent air conditioning.

Coffee at the breakfast was soooo bad! + The wifi was useless. Could’t even load a Google search results page in our room, or a plain email, or anything online. That, I think, is Unacceptable in 2018 in a 4 star hotel in Europe.

Breakfast was good!

A little more flexibility with requests. Also, there was only one person at checkout with many people leaving 10 am - 12 noon and consequently a fairly long queue and wait.

Staff were friendly and courteous by very "rule oriented". When we arrived and asked for a queen or king bed, the clerk said "it depends on what you ordered." Fair enough. But, when we asked for a late check-out -- we did this in advance of our trip but never received a reply -- another clerk was hesitant to honor our request, and when he gave us an additional hour, he made very clear that we absolutely had to vacate the room by 1 PM. Also, the lodging we had was small and felt cramped. This said, the room was very clean and tidy; small but nice bathroom with good shower and accessories; nice breakfast; courteous staff; good location and good value.

Totally unacceptable internet reception and access- an essential service, as essential as a flush toilet. No excuse for substandard internet connectivity.

Responsive polite staff, clean and comfortable room. Great breakfast!

The dining area was crowded. The tables were too close together. The lobby was too tiny, would have been nice to have some chairs there if one is waiting for pick up. and the space behind the counter too narrow for the staff of sometimes three.

The bed was very comfortable. The room was spacious. The breakfast was plentiful.

No WIFI which was the main reason for me to choose the hotel. The personnel lied to me for the whole stay because the router I was on did not work properly

The room and the bathroom

The hotel is not made for business travelers. The Internet simply doesn't work from 7 pm. until midnight which reveals a very poor technical implementation. I had work to get done and had to set up my phone as a 4G hotspot. Also, the laundry doesn't take suits which is disappointing for a business traveler.

Very well located and very clean. Good breakfast.

wifi is very slow and we bearly get the connection. Just one staff is not friendly enough, I felt like she is giving us attitude for no reason

close to the hotel, big room

• Suite

Our room wasn’t cleaned on the second day and we had to report it and they had cleaned it while we were there. The safe box didn’t work. We requested early check in but apparently there were no rooms. So we had to wait with the kids in the lobby for few hours.

The staff helped us with tips for the city and nearby restaurants. Breakfast was very good with lot of items. Due to the location taxis were readily available.

Not enough parking. Only 8 spaces for a big hotel. Weak almost nonexistent Wifi. No power outlets near the bed. Not enough shelf space in bathroom. Cold bathroom.

The location wasn’t central but that was reflected in the price and we were prepared to accept that as it was near to the metro

Staff were friendly and extremely helpful

My check in was at two and unfortunately I arrived very early --around 8:00 am and had to wait for my room until about 1:00 pm. But that was my fault because I knew the check in was at 2:00 pm.

The room was absolutely comfortable; the staff a "dream staff" : friendly, helpful, a joy to interact with them. "

Unfortunately the wi-fi was malfunctioning for some reason. This was more than an inconvenience because I left a sick husband at home and could not get in touch with the caregivers.

The room was a exceptionally clean, spacious, with a view. The staff was extraordinarily helpful, cheerful and very friendly. They are absolutely great. I congratulate you for choosing such amazingly helpful and friendly staff.

It took an extremely long time to check in. There were 4 of us and one of the persons checking us in took 10 minutes to type in the passport information. Then the keys did not work. In fact ours never worked. However, were only going to be there for the night. They let us in and then we left early the next am. Your website listed an airport shuttle. Suggested it was free. That was wrong. Yes, there was a shuttle if you pre-ordered and paid 4x the going taxi rate. The room was adequate and clean. Would not return.

Location was reasonably good. Desk staff tried to be effective

- Little bit small breakfast area

- Perfect Hotel at good location (close to metro station) - Kind and very helpful staff - Clean room - Comfortable bed - Easy check-in and out - Very good breakfast

In the offer, the breakfast was included in the price of accomodation, but when I am just arrived in the hotel the staff of the reception has informed me that the price of the breakfast is 10 Eur per day /person separately of the price of the room.

The position of the hotel and the kindness of the staff!

The key didn't work. I had to make 2 trips to receptions to resolve the issue. Each time I was asked what was the light after I used the key, whether I tried to move the key faster, etc. The bar was overpriced. A small plastic bottle of water was 3.5 EUR. Did not like the bathroom.

I had a special pricing, so it was a good value. The room was clean.

Breakfast was getting boring after a couple of days. No cappuccino as something was wrong with the equipment. No wifi reception in the room - this should be fixed for a 4 star hotel

Good value for money, good location, close to metro and public transport. Staff was friendly and helpful

The staff is not so helpful. I told them 3 times, that the safe does not work in the room. They promised me, somebody will fix it. But nothing happened. During the 4 days, absolutely nothing. The same story with the blanket. We asked one more blanket into the room, and we got promises, but nothing else. It's not acceptable.

It's a nice and clean hotel, with good location.

The bathroom wasn't clean as it normally should be. The bathtub was broken and produced squeaks when you step in it, and seemed like it's going to break and the water will flush down. The door lock had to be recoded every day to access the room.

Good location.

Internet did not work any of the days. When the breakfast was full of people the staff did not manage even to have clean cups. It was a disaster!

Big and comfortable room.

Wi-Fi in room was extremely poor, had to use my phone. Had to ask a few times how to get to the gym area, wasn't sign posted anywhere. I was told in reception on check in to go to lower ground floor but wasn't told which lift i needed to use so, went down to lower ground had to come back up and then ask 2 other members of staff before I eventually was given the correct directions.

Convenient for the airport.

just an old hotel, smell bad also

It is an old hotel, which you can feel at the moment enter to the hotel but the worst was there were some kind of bugs in the bed. My partner was bitten badly and i did complained at the reception. The duty manager simply told me to go at the Pharmacy and buy the medicine for bugs bite, so they did not not handle the complained profesionaly. The rest of the staff was very frinedly.

The room had a cold feel to it and there wasn’t a chest of drawers for storage. The location does not have many good restaurants and is a ways from Baixa and the old town area.

The bed was comfortable. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Close to Entrecamos station with many restaurants and cafes near bye. Turim Iberia is an excellent place to stay friendly and helpful staff and it is good value for money.

Some of the reception people were absent and discourteous. The safe box was not working and they have to change room. One outlet in the room connected to the desk lamp was not working. The "media room" have only one computer and this one was worn out.

Location, close to public transportation.

No wifi in my room and bad wifi overall in the rest of the hotel.. when I complained reaction was pale... They said they would check with their technician and when I asked again next day, they had no feedback! Had to buy extra data from my internet provider!

Room was big

Everything is fine!

Price is affordable. Subway and suburban train is a walking distance away ((3 -5 minutes). Breakfast is very good. Room is spacious, quite neighborhood.

They have a happy hour at their bar between 6 and 8 pm. Is not worth it,very poor bar service.

The breakfast was excellent, the rooms super clean and the staff is very nice

The hotel (for someone who doesn't know the area) was actually a lot further away from all the main attractions as expected (but now I know! :)) - nevertheless, train station right nearby. The coffee at breakfast was similar to what you get from an automatic coffee dispenser. The breakfast wasn't really our thing, but they did have a lot of variety, and for 10 Euros per person, you can't really argue with the price.

The room was fantastic, especially compared to the price that we paid for the room. The bed was really comfy, and there was enough room to really stretch out and put our things during our stay. The hotel was only 500m away from the next train station, making transport into the city area very easy.

Right next to a dual carriagewaycross roads with box junctions that got blocked continuously, resulting in cars beeping their horns a lot

Close to all the public transport systems and had a good choice of restaurants.

Room too hot and air con not working properly. Bed not overly comfy. Not enough tourist info available

Friendly staff, clean, close to metro. Evening Food good even though a limited menu

Staff were excellent, Room was cleaned and replenished everyday and was quite spacious. The shower was excellent and it was a pleasant stay overall. The hotel even arranged a little treat in our room as it was my birthday :)

The guy at the reception kept giving me a wrong invoice..It took him 20 mins to invoice me for two night's stay without extras

Breakfast...location...cleanliness

Hot food at breakfast was kept in cold tyreens without the heat on. Food got cold very quickly as not kept on heat.

Great location for transport system. Comfortable and pleasant hotel.

The localization is not in the city centre. However metro station is about 3-minutes walk from the hotel and then you can get to most important places in Lisbon in 20 minutes.

Really nice and well-equipped hotel, I did not have any complains. The staff is really helpful and kind, I was able to check-in three hours earlier than the standard time!

I had to go 3 times to the reception to recode the room key card The curtains should be more blackout - too much light in the morning

Excellent location, good breakfast, nice and kind staff, comfortable room Although the checkin was at 14:00/2:00PM, they were able to give me the room at 11:30(AM)

The staff I dealt with were not as friendly as they should and very bad English. It is not really walking distance from the city centre. But very close metro station and taxi is quite cheap in Portugal.

It was clean. comfortable beds.

The checkin was not good , i had room card not working so i had to go up and down to the reception four times to reactive it , they didn’t even bother to say sorry. After a long flight its not good to spend 30 min trying to access to your room , small water 30mil 3,5 euro it suppose to be complimentary in 4 star hotel but it’s not. Honestly I don’t recommend this hotel to any friend.

It Was nearby supermarket

The staff at check-in was stubborn, and it made the rest of the experience unpleasant, compromising my view of everything else. When asking the maid to change a broken lamp at the room, "me don´t speak Portuguese" is also something unusual when staying.... in Portugal! Plus, the internet connection was one of the WORST I have seen in recent years around the world, and this is simply unacceptable. "Our network does´t seem to work well on apple devices, sir, sorry" is not the kind of answer one can expect at the reception desk. Working in the room was an impossible task. If you need a good internet for your work, DON´T go to Turim Iberia.

Nice hotel, comfortable bed, make sure that you reserve 1 bed & not 2. Very clean & tide. Same breakfast everyday but with verity of options. Front desk helpful & friendly. Metro station is 400 M from the hotel about 15 minutes time to the center.

No wifi in my room throughout my stay. Also TV wasn't functional in my relatives room. Some hotel staff were unfriendly. Lack of facilities e.g. Gym. Small bar area.

Room was nice size. Good location.

Some queues at the check-out -it was lenghty. The entry door sensor is not particularly good, and people do get problems with it.

Practical, nice convenient hotel. A place to stay in Lisbon, with a good location and a good price-quality.

Breakfast; crowded area, understaffed and the food was not of a great quality/variety. Rooms were stuffy as we could not open any windows and the AC wasn't effective.

Good price. Very clean. Nice staff.

• Suite

There is some deterioration of the facilities (eg torn towels or noisy air conditioning which is not working properly), which means that comfort is not excellently well evaluated. However, it is good value for money

The hotel has a great location. Breakfast is very good.

Wifi was terrible. We kept getting booted out, interrupted etc.. This includes in the lobby. We went down to the bar for a glass of vino, took our electronics thinking that would give us a better connection......not so!

The hotel was very clean and comfortable and the staff quite friendly. Easy check in, check out. Having onsite parking was such a bonus. Room was comfortable. Beds and linens quite good quality. Very quiet throughout the night.

Size of the room. Staff at the reception was not very cooperative especially at the evening.

The breakfast was really good. The hotel is located not far from the public transportation, which makes life easy. We appreciate the cleanliness of the premises.

we booked this hotel last minute as our flight had been cancelled, and it made our forced stay better. we also had really good prize. we liked the location close to the metro, comfy bed, big bathroom, nice breakfast and helpful staff.

It was my wifes birthday and when the staff notice that they sent an extra good warm chocolate cake and a small bottle of wine to the room. Very nice touch!

Other hotel receptionists weren't so informed and efficient

Hotel was great. Easy access from airport and to the town center. Big, comfortable and clean rooms. Breakfast was also very good with large range of options. Lady at the reception was VERY kind and helpful.

The room was so cold. A/C in the room didn't work but they didn't even try to fix it. Staffs were so rude and they can not speak English well (One receptionist even shouted at me). If you want to feel like to sleep outside in the hotel room then I highly recommend you to stay in this hotel!!

Close from the airport. Breakfast was okay.

Nice, small but comfortable hotel. Good breakfast. A bit out of the city centre but there is a Metro station just around the corner. Good value at the price I paid.

The hotel breakfast was a bit expensive, so I didn't take it in the hotel. And due to the location, there were not so many choices for nearby restaurants.

The room was clean and the wifi connection was good. It was a very good business hotel.

This hotel has the hostel price but 4-star experience. Breakfast is amazing and facilities are modern and comfortable. Staff was super helpful and friendly. I still can't believe I found such a gem in Lisbon.

The only thing that we didn't like - was coffee at breakfast - already with sugar and not tasty at all.

Good breakfast, rooms clean and nice - nothing to complain about! Easy to get around using transport. About 3 km from Lisbons main activities.

1. The door card/key would not open the door ;had to get help from the desk to over ride it. 2. Having booked a car parking space there was not one available. You can request one but it is not guaranteed. 3. There are spaces outside the hotel for temporary parking while booking in before parking. This time the same cars were always there and driver had to travel around busy area with lights 4 times.We then were directed to another hotel for parking nearby without careful instructions so we ended up having to renegotiate getting snarled up in the one way sytems.After a 2and a 1/2hr journey this was not welcome. 4. The rooms have baths but no plugs.

The hotel has a warm, comfortable atmosphere and the staff are generally pleasant. But we go there for the parking as we attend concerts at the Gulbenkian. Hot drinks are possible with kettle etc which is not usual.

Only small things: No outlets by the bed, wifi really slow during peak hours, soy milk wasnt available every day

Clean rooms, location close to public transport, helpful staff, good breakfast. Not a lot of noise from the street could be heared inside. Well-stocked breakfast with many choices.

Bit far from centre and not many restaurants nearby but managed to find a food court under the bullring that had food choices.

The hotel was located close to the airport but needed to travel on metro to get to centre. Facilities and breakfast were all great.

we were on the 6th floor and we could still hear road noise and people shouting, it was a 10euro taxi ride when you wanted to go into the city 10euro back !breakfast was cold, bar staff were never there, watch that they charge happy hour prices because the tills don't know and they just put it through as normal, mini bar not well stocked, rooms are small.

the beds were perfect, the maid came in and cleaned every day ,parking the car was good, staff were friendly.

The coffee at breakfast is terrible. But there are nice teas!

Lovely, helpful staff. A superbly comfortable bed! Great breakfast, though coffee ghastly. Excellent cleaning staff and room kept clean daily. Great to have a jug and a fridge. Location was close to metro; takes only10-15 minutes into town; good supermarkets nearby. Secure underground car park for €15/day. There was street parking available but we preferred not to use this and didn't enquire so know nothing about the safety of doing this. Although this is essentially a business hotel we were very happy holidaying here for a few days!

No parking at hotel, I had to park in another hotel, it was only 5 minutes walk. The breakfast was seriously not good, very poor quality, the coffee was awful. Cakes tasteless and soggy, the cooked offerings were not up to standard. Nice hotel they need to work on the breakfast!

Very clean, staff friendly, went extra mile to recommend restaurant etc, location was convenient

WiFi had a technical issue in one of the floors (did not work) and the employees took too long to understand this (and longer to solve) Water had to run for a while before really getting hot. Some smell from the pipes as well. Orange juice at breakfast was very low quality machine type.

Some good points about the hotel: - The overall infrastructure (rooms, corridors, entrance, etc...) - location is convenient, although not for private cars - very good cost/quality relation - rooms on the back are quiet. - nice seating area near the bar/restaurant

breakfast was kind of disappointing for the price .....the quality of the produce wasn't good at all ....and the other thing is the shut down of the electric when leaving the room ...i.e. the laptop wont be loaded since there is no electric ....

the staff especially Patricia at the reception very good, nice clean room and bathroom

The room we get did not fully correspond to the description of the site.

arrived at 11.15 we get direct access to our room even if the official check in was at 14.00. Good quality of breakfast. Quite location (even with the planes). Easily reachable via the metro and easy access to the city center.

very small rooms (typical for Iberia chain), had to arrange the suitcases on the floor & step over them to get to the bed, as there is no luggage rack or space in the closet. there is a small closet. very small bathroom, but adequate.

Lisbon has expensive hotels and cheap hostel type, not many mid range. this is a good value in the city. Clean, safe, underground parking (5 Euros/night a deal in the city), good variety at breakfast (hot & cold). close enough to the airport, but still in the city where you can walk to metro, shops, restaurants. staff was great, we left a sweater in the resturant and they held it for us with our room # at the reception. use a GPS to drive as the city has many OW streets & circles making driving a challenge.

Front desk: unresponsive to e-mails, not engaged on supporting and sorting out issues No 24 hr room service No vegetables to breakfast except tomato

clean, pleasant, quiet, good value for money

The breakfast room was poorly lit and the breakfast was not very attractive for € 1 0,00

The Room was spacious and I had a quiet night. There is a hospitality tray but only with tea and no milk to add.

• Suite

Breakfast was kind of ok The bed (one large double) was 2 single pushed together with the space between. No electrical outlet next to the bed.

wifi was good. shower was good bed kind of, ok

Browse TURIM Iberia Hotel traveller photo gallery