Reviews of TURIM Lisboa Hotel 4 stars

Rua Filipe Folque, 20, Avenidas Novas, 1050-113 Lisbon, Portugal

#215 of 329 hotels in Lisbon

Based on 1904 hotel reviews

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

the front desk staff Carlos was excellent!

no power outlet in our room . super outdated! but carlos moved us to a room with an outlet so we can charge our cellphones.

the front desk staff Carlos was excellent!!! He handled everything & had a great customer service skills! superb attitude!

The staff is very friendly and welcoming.

In a *** or **** hotel we would expect a more modern TV than just an old type, also having a permanent plastic/oil cloth in the shower is not a hygienic thing. Air-conditioning in the room is controlled only by the reception.

The staff is very friendly and welcoming. We were kindly given all the information at the arrival. Upon the request, we were woken up by an automatic reception phone (due to the early travel). The hotel's room is very specious and clean. The bed is comfortable. The stay was very smooth.

visiting Lisbon

They don't have breakfast or if they do they never mentioned it to me

I booked it at last minute and I got a very nice price. Near the tram station, located in a very calm area. The staff were profissional and nice.

Nice and close to central area

I need this hotel for the central area and the parking. When in hotel was told it was 15€ more on the final price for the car. I had to but was quite too much in my opinion. Everything else is fine.

The room is well served, lot of space and on the first floor i had a pretty good balcony. The second day i had breakfasr and felt very good, thw food was good with Lot of different possibilities. Good hotel

Perfect and very nice hotel

Very clean, comfy beds, convenient and easy location to get to Metro, high professional Reception and Bar Attendant. It was very relaxing trip and stay.

Hotel was spotless.

Was a bit far from the main attractions. Not many restaurants in the area

Hotel was spotless. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Beds were very comfortable

Lovely spacious and beautiful room.

There was nothing that I didnt like.

I had a beautiful big room and also the bathroom was very spacious. Great atmosphere and friendly, helpful people.

The hotel is quite good although a bit outdated.

The hotel is quite good although a bit outdated. It is in a nice neighborhood where you can find plenty of shops and nice cafes and restaurants. The room was clean and well isolated. All the staff was very kind and polite!

Location is close to metro and great service!

Great service, Leonel was very helpfule and helped with all our needs and wants! The location is close to the metro and you can be in the city center in 10 min! Quite location but we spent most of time in city center so its nice to retreat to a nearby quite place! Fun times!

It’s sad to say nothing.

The picture of the TV should say it all, who even has a tv like that anymore!! we paid €83 for 1 night! Getting to the location was horrendous should have been told it’s in a one way street maybe mention that to make it easier, we spent almost an hour trying to find it! The room is so dated. Just was so pleased it was for one night!

It’s sad to say nothing.

Great staff and good value

Pillows not great. Not enough tea in room and kettle plug in had difficult to access so booked on the floor. Air conditioning impossible to control and very noisy.

Reception staff excellent - we had a late arrival and they were very helpful and welcoming

All fine , the furniture is a bit old but still qualified,...

parking is not cheap compares to outside there're many parking lot free during weekend.

All fine , the furniture is a bit old but still qualified, spacious room and breakfast is not bad. Location is a few stops far from city center but even by walking it's around 30 mins , nice avenue to walk down to the center.

Ok

I left breakfast card on the door handle at 9:30 pm evening before...and nobody did not pick up...so i did not get breakfast to bed as i asked to do so...and i was also late for breakfast in restaurant...about that i am disappointed.

Big room and comfortable bed!

Staff we’re very helpful and friendly

Hotel was tired and dated particularly in the rooms. Interconnecting door was poorly sealed and so could hear everything from the room next door.

Staff we’re very helpful and friendly

We enjoyed it very much and appreciated the neighbouring area.

There could have been more vegetarian options for the breakfast.

The soya milk, which was readily available for me. Thank you! I liked Miguel at reception, who was very helpful, and I liked the look and comfort of our room.

Be aware, it is not a **** Hotel.

This a hotel well located in Lisbon but the Hotel was a real deception. If you are looking for a hotel of the 80's this is your hotel. The hotel is old, the beds uncomfortable, very few plugs in the room to charge our phones and tablets. The hotel TV is an old TV from the 80's brand Grundig. The breakfast was a real deception too. This is not a **** hotel

*. The staff was great-- Location 8 minutes from Metro. Restaurants near by.

Clean and friendly

Very poor wifi for the 3days we were there. Rooms very warm at night. Breakfast menu was good, but had to make multiple requests for basics like clean glasses, spoons, tea etc. Need more power outlets in room. Nil beside beds or desk. Only floor level near door and in far corner.

Clean and friendly

Pleasant.

The room i Booked from booking.com had 1 double and one single bed. When i got there They showed me a room With 2 single beds and They told me That They would bring another (Mobile bed). I explained That i have Booked something else and after half an hour They found The room That Was correct according to my booking. The Parking is VERY NARROW so you have to be a good driver...

The room Was very cosy and clean. The breakfast had Almost everything and it had good quality

Very spacious rooms.

The whole hotel needs an update. Very thin walls, you can hear everything from your neighbors and upstairs. You can’t regulate the air condition from your room and have to call the front desk.

Very spacious rooms. Bed was comfortable. The location is ok, close to Metro and in the city, but not in the hustle and bustle of the city center. Good price value in the after season, but wouldn’t book it for the regular price.

I would recommend.

Sometimes were problems with wi-fi in the room.

Very attentive staff, many thanks, that booked a taxi for 2:30 a.m. Good location, large enough room, mini-baar (small fridge was very important for us), not expansive. Supermarket in 2 minutes walk. It was quiet in the room all the time, during 5 days. Beds and linen-superb.

Close to subway station

The bar closes at 11pm but the waitress denied service already several minutes before. Only after complaint to other people there was a reluctant service. The WiFi was not usable during the whole stay. Allegedly, the reason that we couldn't connect were our iPhones but also windows PC were not able to connect.

Close to subway station

Definitely not a 4 star hotel

The wifi reception was quite poor. In order to get a signal i needed to sit at the door. The hotel is outdated.

The room and bathroom are spacious and clean, comfortable bed

Lost the money and the time.

Aged facility. AC works only for one setting (impossible to change temperature). TV from 1990. Very expensive underground parking (15EU per day). There is only one power outlet acceptable in the room.

Good location. Friendly staff.

It was a present for my parents and they really enjoyed !

It was a present for my parents and they really enjoyed !! They arrived at 9 o clock of the morning and they let them make the check in and enter to their room!!! The room was great as well

Clean, comfortable, very friendly and helpful.

There’s some construction going on nearby but I didn’t notice any noise at all. I couldn’t fault anything else.

Clean, comfortable, very friendly and helpful. A really good choice for me, central for my trips across the centre. Also the restaurant is open in the evenings - I think I read somewhere that it wasn’t. Thank you everyone for making my stay very welcoming and comfortable.

Very disappointed.

Definitely not a 4 star hotel as advertised I wouldn't even give it a 2 star In dire need of an upgrade Hard to control temperature in room, lighting not good, old lumpy beds, tired bedding. Old tube TV that kept flickering (although when complained about this it was changed for a 19 inch computer monitor, old one at that)

Cleanliness of room and staff

If it were warmer in the Room and smelled nicer it could be a pleasurable stay

Very cold in the room (February) as the heating is only through AC which works only when you are in the room and is steared centrally from Reception. No slippers. Had to wear shoes and warm clothes Inside the Room.

Price and breakfast was decent.

Everything to a high standard, friendly and very helpful...

Everything to a high standard, friendly and very helpful staff. The hotel is in a good location (5 mins from Parque metro station). The room was clean and spacious. I would be happy to return and stay again.

Very comfortable pleasant location.

The fixtures and fittings are showing their age, looking rather worn, but perhaps the hotel is due a refurbishment soon?. Overall it was ok

The bed was very comfortable. Room spacious and well appointed.

too noisy but well located

It was extremely noisy,I had to wait everyday until 1pm to be able to sleep, the walls are thin and I could hear entire conversations through the walls and also people going up and down stairs, some rooms sounded like there was a party in them...

Location is great! The room is nice and well equipped even if in am old fashion way

Ideal hotel for a week in Lisboa

There was no vegetables at breakfast, the safe went wrong, and the bathroom was a little bit colder than the room, everything else was super.

Very good, calm surrounding, 3 metro stops are in just a 5 minute walk, but likely you will use just the "Saldanha" station, because of the airport metro line, and the "Parque" station to reach the center. The center of the city can be reached also with a confortable walk. The hotel is well equipped, the room was big, and silent, the bathroom also had everything, we needed, the breakfast has full selection, except vegetables.

Was close to the city center and 24h reception was good as...

We requested a spare bed in the room, but they did not even put extra towel not even extra cover for the one extra person. I requested a breakfast pack for us in the morning as our flight was leaving too early to catch breakfast time. Wasn't possible to do that and they even did not refound us any cent for that. Extra bed was uncomfortable.

Was close to the city center and 24h reception was good as well.

Big room;

No Wifi in room; not real coffee; having to pay for the key of the safe box

Big room; clean; nice breakfast (excepting coffee) with fresh fruit, and many different cakes and breads; nice helpful staff; quiet area

Worth the price and location but installations are quite old.

Unfortunately we were given a room where the toilet was not working properly and we experienced water leakage during my stay. Although the staff tried to help the issue wasn't fixed on time and we were not offered any alternative i.e. change room. This clearly indicates that the hotel needs some renovations. Also we had mosquitos in our room during the night even if the weather was cold and we didn't open the window.

The room was quite big and we had a lot of space to accommodate our stuff. Good breakfast too and staff was very polite and helpful

Friendly personal.

Wifi wasn't working properly and the ventilation in my room was so loud that I couldn't sleep at night but thankfully I got offered to move to another room in the middle of the night.

Friendly personal.

Excellent location, food, staff very friendly

Nothing it was great.

Bedroom great size with double and single bed with large ensuite. Loved the breakfast which was hot & cold buffet. Staff super. Had great chat with Claudia at bar.

Wish we had booked another hotel in lisbon

Some staff ok the rest would have rather been somewhere else, awful resturant meal, rooms tired, broken toilet seat/pedal bin. No milk for the tea/coffee, or anywhere to plug in the kettle.

Not much

Definitely not again ...

1) Room was far too cold, I hoped it would warm up during the night , which did not happen, rather the opposite - very bad A/C . Blankets not enough. Caught a cold there just before my 36 hours long flight... 2) I woke up at 6,30 in the morning with non-stop baby crying , almost 2 hours long. Yes, it was a help to leave the room as soon as I could ... Hotel seemed rather empty, so no reason to give me a room near guest with baby or babies. Walls seem to be typically Portuguese "construction", hollow brick... totally inadequate for a hotel. 3) On my train trip I broke my suitcase and had to buy a new one, near the hotel. I asked the receptionist if they could keep my damaged suitcase for pick it up after my return trip. First I was told no problem, later I got a gloomy face expression and I was told , it might be a problem as they would keep it visible for a short time and later they would have problem find it back since they had many in the basement and hard to find it again. No words !!! Just told them to throw it away.

I was asked me if I had enjoyed the stay, but when I simply said "so-so" ( assim-assim) , I noticed a very unpleasantly angry face expression, so I just asked to please order me a taxi as soon as possible. Yes they helped me to bring the 35 kg suitcase to the taxi. That was nice indeed.

The underground catacombs to the spa were so fun to walk...

The check-in staff was having a conversation while pretending to care about checking me in, but they didn't know I could speak Spanish. Other days they were very helpful.

The underground catacombs to the spa were so fun to walk through. The pool was cool.

We have stayed in this hotel a number of times and certainly will book it again.

Instant coffee at breakfast.

It is a well maintained older hotel. We like the spacious rooms, good staff, reasonably good beds and, especially, the excellent location. Breakfast is good with the exception of the instant coffee; surely, an espresso machine wouldn't be difficult to maintain and would raise the experience to an unqualified excellent.

can say nothing really , nobody spoke to us except to take our money when we arrived.

almost everything except location ande cleanliness,we visit portugal at least twice a year every year, the staff were unfriendly,they wanted your money but not you, bar closed most of thetime, breakfast room no staff, breakfast out of cans, not a four star maybe not even a 3 star, no interaction at reception or middle management . will look elsewhere in future ,Lisbon magic nice bars nice restaurant, good tranpsort. .

location and cleanliness.

5.5
    The other hotel - Turm Rua de commercio was OK. Internete worked perfectly, To me internet is more i

Bad internet service is much worse than bad food. The problem cam be solved easily, simply istall a more powerful router system.

I stayed in 2 different Turim hoels. A. Turim Lisboa which I lwft AFTER ONE NIGHT BECUASE INTERNET DID NOT WORK PROPELY EVENEN WHEN i CHANGED THE ROOM. i REALLY DO NOT UNDERstand your policy.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND AND WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN

The guy at the reception in the afternoon was NOT helpful (even RUDE)

Old-style hotel a bit away from "tourist Lisbon" but easily accessible by metro and bus, both within 5-10 minute walk. Booked 2 rooms for 2 nights and, important, parking garage ON SITE (opening was a bit tight for our van but they helped guide me through and even drove it out the day of departure). I thought the marbled hallways, tile mural in the reception area, bar and pitcher of water in the reception area, and especially the old Grundig TUBE TV in the room, which we did not try out, added a "special touch" to yester-year hospitality. Room was good-sized, especially by European standards, as was the bathroom. Beds were super-comfortable and towels and bathroom accessories provided. Also helpful, teakettle and small fridge in room (fresh milk available from dining room). While room temperature can only be controlled from reception desk, it was perfect for us as set. Breakfast was huge, not just continental, with eggs, bacon, sausage, etc, in addition to the usual cereals, cold cuts, cheeses, fruit juices and choice of breads (and fresh croissants). Since hotel was full when we were there, apparently due to a couple of tour groups from the UK, breakfast was busy. However, the staff kept a good eye and kept EVERYTHING supplied, even the jams and preserves. Reception folks were SUPER helpful about transportation, etc. The guy in the mornings especially was TERRIFIC, even answered my question about the "early confirm charge on my Amex" as well as taking my van out of the garage (see above). However, the guy in the afternoon appeared a little surly with a "chip on his shoulder" and, believe it or not, kept confusing my question about Miradouro Alcantara (tourist view-point spot) with the nightlife area called Alcantara. The neighborhood is full of shops, cafes and even the 'El Corte Ingles' department store. Finally, FANTASTIC value for money.

Dreamy!

I had problems with the wifi at night time and I could not work, but I realized it might be the area, the network is always overloaded somehow?

Dreamy!!! Loved It!!!

The air conditioner was very loud and you can’t control it...

The air conditioner was very loud and you can’t control it from the room, you have to call the recipient to change its setting!! Mostly all the furniture is old

Ridiculous climate control, everything else is okay-ish.

The air conditioning can be controlled only by calling the front desk! This is ridiculous. The controls on the panel itself is locked. I usually fiddle with air conditioners all the time, espicially in a place like this, where the flow is different in different zones of the room. So whenever I come from a table to a bed I have to call the front desk to change temperature. Ridiculous.

The furniture and bathroom decor reminded me of my apartment in Moscow, so I guess it felt a little like home.

Very clean rooms

The place is outdated. So furniture especially curtains, chairs, sofas etc need some major refreshment.

Super clean. Comfortable beds. Great bathrooms.

Good hotel, I would come here again

Room although large is not 35 m2, more like 23-25 m2, the bed is not good, the mattress was bent on one side, the bathroom although pretty was not convenient, was not possible to have just one shower on, both were on at the same time. Bathroom floor was always wet. Window frames were not working, they were difficult to close and the noise from planes and the street traffic was heard. The biggest problem with the hotel was that it's air conditioning is central and cannot be controlled from the room, in October it was set to cooling, so we turned it off, but it went on on its own in the middle of the night and we were waken up by the cold. Then we noticed other guests were removing the fuse on the electric board in the room and there was a message from the hotel not to do that, so it is a widespread problem here. The only way to turn AC off is to remove your card, but you lose all electricity in the room. We notified the reception but they didn't seem to care too much about our problem.

The design of the lobby area, the restaurant, the size and the design of the room everything is very very pretty. The breakfast is nice. The location is good 2 min walk from Parque station which is 3 stops from the center on the Blue line.

Big clean room, very nice personal at the reception.

The breakfast was really poor, the hotel doesn't look like a 4 stars hotel at all.

Big clean room, very nice personal at the reception. Good location.

Lovely Hotel.. Great Staff

The Air Condition system is controlled from reception desk, so you can't increase/decrease the temperature or switch on/off the AC from your room. You have to call the front desk to do so

My wife and I stayed at the TURIM Lisboa for 4 nights when we visited Lisbon. The location was great since there are four metro stations around the hotel (Parque, Saldanha, Picoas, Sao Sebastiao), so it is very easy to reach Lisbon main attractions The staff was very friendly and hospitable. Hugo Jacinto and Miguel were very helpful with us Overall, I would absolute recommend this hotel to anybody wanting to visit Lisbon

It was ok but noting special.

2 points: No plugs and very weak wifi. The worst thing was that there were no plugs in the room. The only two plugs we found was one at the the front door and one in the bathroom. Wifi didn't work well in the room. Only place that it worked enough was at the front door. And also I booked a double bed and I received a twin bed. Breakfast with no vegan options.

The best was service. Very nice and helpful people working there.

It worked, but not worth your money, it's not appropriate to call it a four star.

Cleanliness of bathroom - there was mold on the ceiling, with very old, worn out furnishings, including a tube TV. Our mattress was very uncomfortable, thankfully there was a spare single bed in the room so we put the comforter on our double to make it sort of ok. There was centrally controlled AC - I've never heard of that before in a four star that you have to call the reception to change the temperature or fan settings! Very weird. There was no easy space to plug in the kettle. Staff was not particularly attentive or friendly, for what we paid.

The quiet room. There was a kettle.

4.0

Staff aloof and not that helpful; bar closed at 11.00 or earlier regardless of guests wanting service; double room booked, twin room provided; dodgy lift; poor breakfast; shower temperature control poor

Room was a good size; quiet street apart from aircraft noise

Glad we were just staying the night before travelling on to Porto.

Needs refurbishment, built 16 years prior and untouched since. Looked tired. Shower head would not hold in socket. Bathroom wall behind toilet had thick streaks of cleaning agent (I hope) that had dried there. Finishing looked tired and shabby. Breakfast was ordinary and to get proper coffee you had to pay extra. Hotel is in a more business area several metro stops away from the centre.

Friendly staff. Agreeably rectified their mistake as we had booked a triple room for 3 adults and first offer was a double with a fold out bed fit only for a child.

Big room

very outdated room, small tv, airco cannot be programmed manually but operated at frontdesk, lights cannot be turned on separately, wifi is weak, you get only 1 roomcard, there is no coffee/tea spoon and they knock on your door at 10 am for cleaning your room

Big room

Comfortable stay, excellent breakfast and good connections to all places in Lisbon

A very good breakfast with excellent service. Spacy room. Well located nearby metrostations Parque, Picoas and Saldanho giving access to 3 different metro lines.

Good choice :)

Noisy air conditioning, perhaps.

Nice breakfast and restaurant service; extremely clean bathroom and room, extra comfy beds. Nice mixture of "retro" and modern comfort. Had a great time.

Great place to stay

Great location, very nice hotel room (very spacious and airly, comfortable bed!). And very helpful staff in reception. Also wifi is working well. We enjoyed our stay so much!!!

Not worth the money

This is for sure not a 4 start hotel. We paid more than average for it but it wasn't what we expected at all. The room was small and the walls had mold on it. The wifi was so bad, it was only ok at the lobby for a couple of minutes but we had to restart it every 5-10 minutes. One of the nights when we wanted to eat some snack at the room, we have asked front desk for some knives and plates and they were so mean about it and told us they can't even give us any plates. Again... we thought this was a 4 start hotel!! The location wasn't the best too, it was a 15 min walk to the center with nothing really around it.

The espresso in the morning was tasty, but it wasn't even included in the price and we had to pay extra for it. The breakfast was alright, nothing special.

Good hotel not far from city center

Slightly outdated design of rooms in the hotel, a scant choice of dishes for breakfast, especially for young children.

Good hotel in quiet part of the city close to 3 metro stations.

Comfortable but Limited

They lost points of facilities. The TV was ancient and the internet was barely existent. Although we stayed at a discount, the normal cost of the hotel is not cheap and I would have expected a flat screen TV (at least) and decent internet connection. I would not stay here on business.

Although somewhat dated, the furniture is solid and the beds comfortable. The bathroom was clean with a 'shower in the bath' and plastic curtain which I don't like but is quite common in Portugal. The staff were efficient and helpful if required. The best part is that although the hotel is 'out of town', there is a tube station 2 blocks away that will take you in to the middle of town for 1.45 Euros.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

We loved Lisbon but a shame the hotel wasn't closer to Rossio

The hotel was very dated. There was no milk in the room to have with tea or coffee. Bathroom set up could be better. Toilet right next to towels hanging above. It was a long walk to Rossio/Baxia so suggest using the Metro rather than walking.

The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was extremely clean. The room was cleaned every day.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

A good in and out hotel.

Old and dated appliances like tv's and kettles etc. Good selection of breakfast items but lacking in quality.

Very comfortable beds. Spacious rooms and bathrooms.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Feels like a 2-3 star hotel, not 4 stars.

Breakfast is awful, only good thing is the fruits. Also no bottle opener in the room and you have to go to the reception desk to open bottle of beer, LOL what?! Feels like a 2-3 star hotel, not a 4 star.

View from the room

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Good location; bad WiFi, payment in advance

Bad WiFi, but what annoyed us more, was the taxi we requested at the reception for the morning we had to return to the airport: it had no meter, it cost nearly twice as much (Euro 18) as we paid on the way from the airport to the hotel (Euro 10), which the driver explained by saying that he had a 'private-contract' with the hotel….. Furthermore I was asked to pay for our stay in the hotel in advance, although my credit-card was confirmed. Obviously the hotel-management must have bad experiences with people who run off without paying. This was not my first stay in a Turim-Hotel in Lisbon; in fact I stayed in 3 different ones during this year so far, but I was never asked before to pay in advance.

Nice and quiet location; large room and bathroom, very comfortable, stylish hotel except that, when you arrive late (2330h) the bar is closed, so you cannot have anything to drink or eat, except from the minibar in the room.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

A Lot of noise.

A Lot of noise..all the night terrible noise. I call to reception a couple of times...they told me the noise come from kitchen and the noise will stop in some minutes...but the noise continue.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

I've liked the position.

The fact that i was charged at check in. The lack of sockets.

I've liked the position. You can reach the hotel with aeobus and metro from the airport. They both have station at 200m. Also you can get easily to the old centre.15 min by metro and 20 min by walk. The hotel is rated at 4 stars but in my opinion is a 3 star hotel. Breakfast was pretty good, hotel is clean but it needs some maintenance and furniture replacement. In my room were only two sockets, one behind one bed and the other behind tv set table so as was a challange to get our phones charged.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Clean and good located!

This Hotel ist one word - amazing. For me is just very important how clean is our Hotel and for this one I can say only the best. Very good location at nice and calm Neighbourhood What I also liked is kind and helpfull Stuff. Guys you should book this one! :)

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Great place to stay in Lisbon.

The sofa in the lobby is old and should be replaced. The entry doors dragged on the floor as they were opened and made an irritating noise.

The size of the room was wonderful. It was spacious and comfortable.

Just be aware.

-The room had not an extra power point anywhere in the room. A connection box was given to plug it in the bedside table lamp's power point. -A Coblerone sample chocolate bar did cost me 4 Euros. I cannot imagine the cost of a bottle of water or even a beer. List of prices is a must. -Shower's hot water would take ages to heat up and then would go cold and then hot again.

Service of personel.

Excellent value for reasonable price.

This is a delightful hotel. The breakfast buffet was well worth the price and is included in the total cost. The rooms are clean and inviting and the beds are comfortable. The location was good and within walking distance of most of the tourist attractions. The hotel is off a main street on a quiet boulevard with restaurants nearby. The staff was very helpful in arranging a tour through Taxi Tours for us to the Moorish castle and in suggesting restaurants. The hotel has an underground garage which is comparable to those in which we are use to driving in the States. There's a lovely lobby and the restaurant was airy and pleasant. This was an excellent value for a reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

A clean, comfortable and quiet hotel within easy reach of the centre of Lisbon.

There is honestly nothing which I disliked about this hotel.

The thing I liked most about this hotel is that there was nothing to dislike. Let's face it, even the most comfortable hotel has something that isn't quite to your satisfaction or has been overlooked. Well, my experience of this hotel is that everything worked as it should, nothing was broken and the room was comfortable and very clean. Breakfast was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. The nearest Metro station is only five minutes walk away so you can be in the heart of downtown Lisbon in 15 minutes or so.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

It was a good experience and we were very comfortable.

Although we were pleased with our room there were a few problems. The balcony doors did not lock one side was broken. We were not able to have a bath and there was no plug and it didn't change from shower mode to bath fill. The main issue was there were not enough power points to use for charging phones, cameras, hair accessories etc. There was one for the TV but if you wanted to make a coffee you had to turn it off to boil the kettle, the other one was in the bathroom. Plenty of tea/coffee/sugar but NEVER any creamers in the room!

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The location was great quite close to the Metro and area felt safe if travelling alone. Taxi service used by hotel very efficient. We didn't use the restaurant but it looked very nice. Everywhere was clean and spotless. The room was very comfortable and quiet - the beds were very comfy, and it was a good size room. Light and airy.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Staff was trying to compensate for the poor state of the...

The hotel is old and far from being a 2 star hotel and somehow is rated as a 4 star hotel ! no proper facilities ( very old TV and bad reception - no picture) hair dryer from the last century and overall very unpleasant experience such as sink was stuck and we had to wait. Breakfast was taken from a horror movie - unbelievable. The worst part of this 'unpleased adventure' THE PRICE' terrible terrible value for money - while in LISBOA we found many nice hotels in much better location for much much less money.

Staff was trying to compensate for the poor state of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Exceptional value

The wifi is out, simply not working, anywhere in the hotel, the tv is also not nice, lots of channels but not a good reception.

The front of house staff were brilliant and very helpful. They checked me in early on arrival and offered to keep my luggage on the last day as my return flight was in the evening, way after check out time. Always smiling, a real asset for the hotel. Great location, nice building, nice room.