Reviews of Varandas de Albufeira 4 stars

#553 of 699 Holiday rentals in Albufeira

5.9

4.5

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Hotel is dated and in need of a refub, Location good, service could be better.
    • Studio

No towels in room when arrived, ask for them at reception along with a kettle, got the kettle but no towels, asked again on second day for towels still did not get any in the end took some from the maids trolley. room was not cleaned on second day

Location was good

You get what you pay for
    • Studio

Plumbing system wasn’t working, self catering equipment limited, very tired, basic accommodation but based on price we paid, can’t complain too much.

The location was excellent

Fun in the Sun!
    • Studio

Bathroom was a little jaded with a leaking tap but the staff expressed thanks for telling them.

The pool, the bar & the other facilities. 24 hour reception. The price was good but in fairness we did book at the last minute.

The stay was a big dissapointment and was not worth the money paid
    • Studio

It was terrible. We had 2 rooms and the following was the case with both rooms: 1. Air conditioning did not work as they did not have a remote for us 2. There were no clean towels 3. The place smelled terrible 4. We saw cockroaches -the place was not clean 5. The place was not what we expected from the rating of 4 stars on booking.com we are very dissapointed

Parking was free

Holiday
    • Studio

The hotel was very dirty and our room had hair all over the place. The possibility to make food and breakfast was good but there was no products to clean the plates afterwards.

The pool was nice.

Loulatano (A)
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

Everything from staff, cleanliness of the apartment the food and facilities. The best would of been having our own BBQ on the balcony with a few beers as in the apartment we had the BBQ is fitted in a concrete chimney out on the main balcony.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND DEFINITELY !!!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Very dissatisfied who gives stars to hotels in Portugal. Four stars - is a joke and a cheat. I saw a low grade in the bookong.com website but I did not think I would meet such conditions Lice in the room attacked my daughter and I was forced to buy medicine for 20 € in a pharmacy. I have a photo. It ruined the rest of my holiday in Portugal because all the time I thought I had lice too, and when I came back home I had to disinfect all the things. I found 2 black hair on the bedding and ants on the floor. In the kitchen section there was a sign that they would charge 100 € for the mess and there was nothing to wash the dishes. I do not think anyone goes on vacation with their own dishwashing liquid and sponge. In the bathroom, water is poured on the floor when you can turn on the water above the sink. On the balcony of a chair in such a state that my son almost hurt himself when he fell due to the curved leg from the chair I'm very disgusted. Why do you cooperate with such a hotel? This does the lower credibility of booking.com

Good location (shopping center, bus stop 2 min.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Cleaning was only 1x under 5 nights stay; we don't have chairs at the table (but we can use platic chairs from the balcony); dripping pin in the kicthen part and our tv don't work (we told these problems at the reception but workman don't came).

Good location (shopping center, bus stop 2 min. by foot), good view from the highest floor (and quiet), nice pool. In our apartment was't refrigator (only the place for that) but the recepcionist brought one from another room (in the late evening).

Very clean and comfortable.
    • Studio

The only thing i didnt like was the cheap cola they used at the bar .

Very clean and comfortable. Food was always warm and tasty . Good service and very good value for money .

Never again!
    • Studio

We had an horrible experience. The staff was horrible, not friendly, not helpful and very rude. The food was not good either. We had all inclusive and we had to cancel because it was horrible. The room given did not have all the facilities that we were supposed to have, eg. microwaves. The WiFi was extremely poor. There was only 2 irons for the whole hotel. We had asked to change rooms because we could not sleep. There was some building noise from 8 am in the next room. We could even hear the builders conversation at 8 am.

Cool cheap place with pool, nice view and big and clean...
    • Studio

15 min from the old town / sea. Problems with room doors. 15 min to Lidl / Aldi.

Cool cheap place with pool, nice view and big and clean rooms with kitchen and tv. Good place to chill out in the center of the city. Bus stop to Faro and shopping mall just around the corner. Very friendly staff.

Price worthy, and in a perfect location between New Town...
    • Studio

The bathroom was infested with black mold. This is below all critics.

Price worthy, and in a perfect location between New Town (The Strip) and Old Town.

4.0
    I wouldn't recommend this hotel to stay for holidays.
    • Studio

There is no wifi in room. Pity.. everything is old, I can't say 4 stars. I would give 2 stars. You need wash deshes before to check-uot or you get fine 100€, but there is no soap to do it

I have stayed before and always enjoyed my self.
    • Studio

I have stayed before and always enjoyed my self. The staff are lovely the food us good. The beds are comfortable and it is close to shops .transport is readily available. In short it's my favourite place to stay.

Never again would i stay here
    • Studio

Thw whole all inclusive was a shambles not allowed house spirits til 2pm til 5pm then not allowed them til 9pm til 10pm then all inclusive drinks finish at 10pm the food was diabolical

The sun

Cheap but basic
    • Studio

Very very basic and run down (but you get what you pay for) all inclusive was extremely limited. Food was sufficient but again basic. Room was comfy but needed an overhaul.

Staff lovely. Bargain price. Had free WiFi but limited to pool room and reception.

Hi all I was stayed there one week.

Good place to holiday's

Hi all I was stayed there one week. I was really surprised this hotel is in the center of the Albufeira. It's 15 minutes walk to the beach, and around 10 minutes walk to the old Town. Definitely I will back there. Thank you so much for everything. Marta

Absolutely fine
    • Studio

No pool but that was because it was being cleaned

This wasn’t the hotel I booked. My acutal hotel was disgusting. We arrived at 11.45pm checked into this hote 9am. Staff were helpful and friendly and the room was just fine and great location

All in all it is worth to stay in this hotel if prices are radically reduced & expectations are low.
    • Studio

Mold in bathrooms ceiling, no WiFi in room, very limited number of TV channels, receiptionists is not always available, lounge does not look like 4 star hotel (old and dirty couch), in general the conditions of hotel and rooms looks outdated, ridiculously high penalties for not cleaning dishes in own kitchen (100€), cold night because of no heater, uncomfortable mattress, noisy as room doors are not soundproof

Affordable price (special offer), good location with shopping opportunities and bus station

Fine for the price
    • Studio

The whole building is scruffy and in a state of disrepair. I expect hotels to do repairs in winter but only the pool was being repaired. Architraves were missing, lighting was poor, the pavement outside was dangerous. Beds were ancient and equipment provided was poor.

For 20 euros a night I did not expect too much but it boasts being a four star. However the location was ideal for us

Misleading star rating.
    • Studio

This property is not qualified for 4 star rating facility. Although my room was a studio suite with 3 single beds and a kitchenette, everything is old and outdated. The room, the sheets, pillows and towels are smelly, because they are too old . Bathtub drained very poorly. I was promised to have a different room in the morning of my second day, only to be told in the same evening that the maintenance had cleared the plug. However I still find the drainage was still slow. Booking.com should verify the facilities before giving the star rating status. Another inconvenience is there is no Wi-Fi in the room, only in the reception area. Nowadays, even hostels provide free WiFi throughout, so even the price was low, I am disappointed at the misleading of star rating in this hotel.

The staffs are trying to accommodate the best they could.

The worst 4* hotel I’ve ever been to, more like a 2*
    • Studio

Mould in the bathroom, room was dirty with missing tiles from the kitchen area, all inclusive buffet was embarrassing with little choice, what choice you did have was poor quality.

All inclusive drinks are the only good point about this hotel.

My stay at Albufeira
    • Studio

Was disappointed that the pool was been renovated. I did know before I booked but I was meeting a friend there

My room was very big with a sofa. Location great

3.5
    They shoould not take guests for granted

cleanliness

They refused to clean my room on Sunday citing that they had too many checkouts o on the day. They said they don't have to clean on Sunday so I had to use dirty towels and clean the room and make the bed. I'm very disappointed

Great for a short stay - nice budget hotel
    • Studio

Staff weren't very present. Room needs updating - bathroom mostly - lights broken etc.

It was a last minute booking - was great for one night - large room little kitchenette. Clean, pool was a nice touch - although missing some tiles. Had everything you need for a short stay

We drove here late at night to be close to airport for next...
    • Studio

When i lay on the bed and within 5 minute i was covered in bites which were very very itchy. My husband wasn't in bed yet and he was fine. We went to reception to see if possible to move rooms as we thought there was something in the bed. She replied, there is nothing in the bed and i cannot move you. Came to the room with us in a bad mood and only thing she was prepared to do was take the covers off and tell us there was blankets in the wardrobe. she looked in the bed and said there is nothing there, it as only cleaned today. She said i was maybe allergic to the soap etc.. they were very clearly bites. We had to put towels down to sleep on and i continued to get more bites throughout the night. Will not be staying again. I know you could end up getting bites anywhere but staff didn't want to help at all.

We drove here late at night to be close to airport for next morning. Parking right at the door and easy check in. We stayed on ground floor which was great. Beside shopping centre and as we were late at night we wanted a quick burger so very quick and easy to get for being late.

Don't book!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment (6 Adults)

This is not a 4 star.Dirty ,old, hard to find with the hotel sign not working. Rude staff. Guest fighting at night. No air conditioning working. Not a pleasant start to my holiday.

The view

Didnt had good experience as i thought i would
    • Studio

Most of the thing was sort of good in the place. BY THE WAY THIS PLACE IS NOT A 4 STAR hotel as they say in the booking.com if it was then it would look like a way less then a one star place. also the bathroom wasnt that good and clean bed wasnt good at all and for the money we paid it was ok ok as it was the season and it was the cheapest we can find on the booking.com at that moment.

It was very dirty everywhere. Max 2 stars.
    • Studio

It was dirty all over the place. The last day cockroach visited our room. Hotel require renowation imediately but the price comparing to other places was very low and this is the positive side :-)

rude staff and lack of facilities.

everything!!

rude staff and lack of facilities. All inclusive you could have beer up to 2pm then spirits until 6pm, got to my room and it was dirty, a single bed which would be too small for my 5 year old. Noisy and aircon didnt work. its the worst hotel ive ever been to and wouldnt ever ever even think about going back even if they offered a week for free.

Avoid this old tatty drunken hotel
    • Studio

Full of drunken men and woman old tatty needs a full make over not nice at all not a place for children etc unless u want a drunken brawl the local residents have issues with this place due to the all inclusive and the large groups

Nothing it's basically a hen party and stag hotel

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

It is what it is.
    • Studio

The hotel was very very dated. I had water pouring through the ceiling for whole duration of my stay. Reported it 3 times to reception, was never resolved. Never mind.

Not much if I'm honest, the location was ok. 15 min walk from strip and old town.

worst place ive ever been in the world
    • Studio - All Inclusive

hotel staff rooms food drink the towels were rock hard.

worst hotel and shocking its on your site its filthy inside and out food is shocking staff are rude. its disgusting

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Unbeatable price
    • Studio

for £144 for 3 nights all inclusive for me and my partner I can not speak highly enough of this deal..If your booking here chances r your looking for a bargain! Food is like school food but it's okay,I had breakfast her and dinner and then we ate out in the old town which is 10 mins walk! I had probably 15 pints of beer per day,my partner drank her vodka all day,yes they don't serve spirits till 2pm but if your craving spirits every morning before 2pm you have a problem..perfect for a couple or stag, rooms cleaned Dailly and staff friendly! Would deff stay again

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

A stay at the Varandas de Albufeira
    • Studio - All Inclusive

We were all inclusive but they stop this at 10 every night and they also restrict the time you can have shorts which we have not experienced before at any all inclusive we have been to, really think they need to look at this.

You could always find something to eat, toast took forever to cook, wish they could try doing a fryed egg sometime instead of scrambled egg every morning

Cheap and cheerful, not luxury...
    • Studio

Somewhat outdated decor but comfy. Not much choice of food but good & fresh. All inclusive drinks options were minimal.

I expected a studio but got a one bedroom apartment with 3 balconies! Away from the noisy strip but tourist bus/train just up the road to bring you...

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

Fair , but no way a 4 star hotel!!!!

beds, food, drinks!!

We arrived at the hotel,first impressions was good, but that is really as far as it goes. When I booked , I had emailed to ask for adjoining rooms, as was traveling with my mother and father in law , both in their early 80's and have both had knee operations. So they need help with mobility. They placed us at separate ends of corridor. The beds were far to soft, which made them so uncomfortable. All inclusive. food yes, but not all drinks! Also never been to a 4 star hotel , where at dinner , you had to clear your own table and scrap left overs in to a slop bin. Overall, 3 star would be better rating!!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Varandas de Albufeira Portugal
    • Studio - All Inclusive

We have been to this hotel 4/5 times but this time they changed the policy of the all inclusive you could only get spirits at certain times and also one drink one person even if you were a couple which we found only applied to the English also the all inclusive stop at 10pm but on there web page it states 11am to11pm but this is not true

We like we're the hotel is, because the food at the hotel is not the best there are plenty of places to eat within walking distance

the location was really good,
    • Studio - All Inclusive

I did not like the cold room and the cover in the bed. My partner did not like the food at all. The staff was not so polite and kind except of one brown hair lady from the restaurant she was always nice and helpful.

the location was really good,

The only good thing about this hotel is location.
    • Studio - All Inclusive

!!!!Bed bugs!!!! All inclusive isn't really all inclusive (you can only have spirits from 14:00 to 19:00 and 21:00 to 22:00 but you will have to queue at least 15 mins to have a drink) No entertainment in a hotel Very outdated - defo needs modernisation

Location Friendly staff

Friendly staff, good location
    • Studio - All Inclusive

Good choice of food, apartment was good and cleaned every day. Staff friendly and helpful. Location was good in between everything and shopping center end of street. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Cheap, but not good
    • Studio

Arrived at 10.30pm, there were three men smoking outside the reception door. As I walked in, one of them acknowledged me and said he would "be there in 2 minutes". He continued to smoke and chat to his friends for 10 minutes while I stood there. I tried to pay for the room with cash, but this was refused because he would not open the cash register, I then had to pay on my Visa card and incur a foreign transaction fee. My room was downstairs, about 50 metres away from the bar. The bar was meant to shut at 11pm but there was constant noise until 1am. The room was large, but had a strange single mattress placed on the floor WITHOUT any bedframe... who wants to sleep on the floor? The a/c could not heat the room up, i had to use the spare blankets, no wifi in rooms, the shower would not work, the fan in bathroom sounded like a constant high pitched scream, the pillows felt like they were made of lumps of metal and the springs in the mattress could literally poke you in the eye. Breakfast was ok, standard eggs, fatty bacon, watered down beans and the usual cold selection of ham/cheese. £15 a night is cheap, but depends what you want from a hotel I guess

Not much £15 a night is cheap, but depends what you want from a hotel I guess

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

The hotel although dated Nd could probably do with sprucing...
    • Studio

The hotel although dated Nd could probably do with sprucing up was really clean.The staff were very pleasant and helpful. We reported a problem with the toilet flush and within 30 minutes a plumber had arrived. The rooms are a good size. The was a lot of mixed reviews regarding this hotel. It is excellent value for money. We stayed all inclusive for 3 nights for £92. Couldn't even camp in the UK for that. It may not be high class but you aren't paying top notch prices either. The food was limited but enough choice for you to find something you would like. Always had a meat, a fish and pasta dish as your main.If you can't then you are just nit picking. It was well situated being less than a 10 minute walk to the beach and old town. Not sure what there was not to like and we travel a lot.will definitely stay again if returning to Portugal.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Would visit the area again although wouldn't stay at this particular hotel again.
    • Studio

Don't think we seen a single staff member smile once. Nothing was explained to us, was literally here's your key and nothin. Wouldn't advise goin all inclusive Food was nothin to write home about was 1 meat (if you can call it that) chose and 1 veg chose and cold so ate out each night and only certain drinks were served and only at certain times of the day till 10 the latest. Extras were booked for partners birthday an they forgot about us. Heatin never worked in the room till last night, beds weren't very sturdy and tipped over if you rolled over cleaner only done room once during stay (good job we never spent much time in there). Entering the pool was not prohibited at all! And frowned upon! Password for the free wifi was also only received on the last day

Taxis in to both new and old town were cheap (best nights out EVER although that may of been the company) also including a gorgeous steak house Shower was very powerful and perfect temp (although flooded the bathroom EVERYTIME) close to a lot of shops, fast food restaurants, beach and supermarket and some really nice views and surrounding areas

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Not even close to a 4 star
    • Studio

The restaurant was dismal there was very little in the way of choice Everything had a sauce 1 meat dish 1 fish dish was your option The drinks in the restaurant were poured from a bottle The toilet was located inside the restaurant The food was cold and needed to be heated in a microwave and the staff when they were there didn't offer much assistance. The bar area was also very poor all soft drinks again were poured from a bottle (the very cheapest bottles) there was no entertainment what so ever the pool and pool area was very distressed and the loungers were really dirty and old looking the chairs were almost all ripped at the sides and very unsafe to sit on.

The rooms were very clean The location was ok

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Excellent for what we paid..need new management
    • Studio

The owners of the hotel put too much pressure on their amazing friendly and helpful staff. The hotel was inexpensive therefore leading to the wrong type of people staying there. Loud drunk idiots but that said loved location of hotel and everything else. Would return under new management.

Natasha - very professional and helpful but due to bad management Natasha should be promoted to assistant hotel manager with a pay rise. It's absolutely ridiculous for her to be expected to manage reception, bar, cleaning staff etc etc Jessica and the cleaning ladies did an amazing job clean towels toiletries toilet paper making beds sweeping floors change of bed sheets.self catering you are expected to keep kitchen clean and bathroom clean. Sadly the owners of the hotel treat their cleaners very badly!

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

All Inclusive for the price of a room elsewhere in Albufeira. But Not 4*...
    • Studio

No double bed. Mattresses on singles created a hard ridge in middle. WiFi only available in limited areas - a cold reception area or noisy tv/ games room. Very cold hotel. Nearby BrisaSol had a reception area that was like a sauna by comparison. Would probably be a benefit in summer, though.

Value for money... You get what you pay for.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Fantastic value for money
    • Studio

Swimming pool tiles were broken and was not very clean. All inclusive drinks was not much choice.

Food was excellent, Location was great, Bed was very comfortable and pillows.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Great holiday
    • Studio - All Inclusive

Staffing need more staff had to wait for a lot of things had to clear own tables which wasn't a problem but not all would like doing it natasha was always helpful

Location good weather had to wait at bar cause staff were here there and everywhere doing all of the jobs not enough staff so not their fault for amount of customers only get spirits at certain times of day/night everyone very friendly and all spoke English so no problems and very helpful

Terrible hotel cheaper than some but not worth it
    • Studio

Room was not cleaned for the whole week we were there, All inclusive (if you can call it that) times were not the same as specified when I booked. Rooms were in bad condition. Hotel was understaffed which meant service was poor and staff were miserable.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Mixed bag
    • Studio - All Inclusive

Too few staff dong too much. There was only a handful of them to cover reception bar cooking and clearing away in the restaurant! They all seemed to cover all areas. I wondered how and why they did it. The room was not cleaned all week. The bathroom had black mould on the ceiling and we had an enormous cockroach in the bathroom! The rooms are desperate for a refurbishment.

The staff were great. The food was good given that the price we paid was not a lot.The bar and public areas were clean and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

No way 4 star. Possible in the 80s.
    • Studio

Cockroach. Broken bathroom fan. Dirty toaster, kettle and stove. Shower head and taps need a good clean or replacing. Utensils dirty. Not 4 star.

Next to shopping centre and two supermarkets. Mosque behind Pingo Doce. Staff helpful and polite. Towels and bed done regularly. Cheap. Furniture good condition. AC worked well.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

ok, for a cheap break.
    • Studio

Very limited choice at meal times,poor quality of soft drinks at bar . Room wasn't cleaned once during our week stay, had to ask for fresh towels.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Disgusting
    • Studio

Everything this place is a shambles, rooms are not clean, open the cupboards of where plates are its disgusting, the glasses at breakfast were filthy (only time we went to restaurant and never returned) no idea on this planet how this place is a 4 star I would say a 2 star at least, pool wasn't clean the staff are the only good thing of this. we didn't have high expectations but my god how anyone can live in this is beyond me

Staff

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The room was great food was plenty to choose from so even a...
    • Studio - All Inclusive

was told on check in bill was paid and then arriving home to be contacted by the hotel saying we had left without paying the bill am dealing with this as I write this review but am not very happy

The room was great food was plenty to choose from so even a fussy eater would be happy

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

You get what you pay for, all inclusive good value
    • Studio

towels were hard, beds were hard, bar serves drinks in plastic cups, no sun on the balconies. We had no water for 24 hours through no fault of their own but management didn't inform guests or apologise and only provided bottled water when asked, poor management.

location, pool, food, pillows, large apt

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Cocroach on the loose
    • Studio - All Inclusive

The personelle didn't reply to my emails before I even got to go to my holiday. In some rooms it wasn't clean and nobody changed the towels even tho we asked to make our room tidy they said that they were suppose to clean it the day before. Dark skinned barman was ignoring us. In the room some lamp weren't working and the wires worn out a lot. There were also cocroaches in the room.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Lovely little holiday and cheap
    • Studio

Nothing really, will be going again

Been here 3 times now and we like it because of were it is, it's so easy to get around and there are plenty of places to eat if you don't like the food we only have breakfast and a few drinks which we liked

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Disappointed

The bathroom

There was a leak in the bath everytime we had a shower would flood the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Nice
    • Studio

One if the pots was in bad condition. In general the dishes were poorly washed and there were some faults

The location, the staff and the price

Brilliant
    • Studio

Toilet was outdated sink kept flooding

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

La piscina
    • Studio

Las condiciones del hotel en general

La piscina

Short notice booking and for the price and facilities provided it was ideal. Thanks

Nothing,

Good value. Thanks

The pool

The pool

Was nice. Would stay again
    • Studio

Great location walking distance of everything

Bed was comfy enough

Fair
    • Studio

Don't replace towels often enough and pool area isnt the greatest, everything else was fine

The location and the bathrooms were good

Terrible room quality, blight on the ceiling
    • Studio

Promised pool view room, got parking view, there was no corkscrew in the kithen, terrible room quality, blight on the ceiling

Friendly stuff

Old hotel doesn't fit with a 4 star rating

Room no WiFi

It was hard to find the location because there was no sign...
    • Studio

It was hard to find the location because there was no sign at the road and also no sign at the hotel. Everything else was good.

A tired hotel

A tired hotel

Good location, spacious.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Everything is a bit old and good for replacement. Pillows picked up some humidity...

Good location, spacious.

HOLIDAY

DOBRA CENA

It is in a good location
    • Studio

Leaking ceiling, damp beds, ants in bathroom

It is in a good location

location was great, food was good for me, nice staff
    • Studio

breakfast was the same every day

location was great, food was good for me, nice staff

Pleasant stay
    • Studio

I feel comfortable here . It's near to everything . The food is good the staff helpful can't ask for anything more. Will book again

Browse Varandas de Albufeira traveller photo gallery