Reviews of VIP Grand Lisboa Hotel & Spa 5 stars

Av. 5 De Outubro 197, Avenidas Novas, 1050-054 L Lisbon, Portugal

#292 of 329 hotels in Lisbon

3.5
    horrivel - Bad

the hotel at most would be a three star room without space old equipment the bar has no drinks or snacks or other food uncomfortable bedding does not have bedside tables there is no way to hang the towels all dirty carpet unfriendly receptionist non-connecting pool SPA is not explored by the hotel

location in the city parking lifts

Not really 5 star worthy service nor facilities, disappointed with

To get a towel for swimming pool you needed to give deposit while you keep the towel, swimming pool was freezing cold on a warm day in high season. You had to pay extra for using sauna. Information about any of these only came by asking 2-3 different people. Bathtub thing to keep water in was broken. Located near metro station but it's a hike to go to center walking.

Hallway was cool, curtains of bathtub window to room gave room a bit more romantic twist.

Very disappointing

Booked for one night as we wanted spa at the end of our stay.. spa not open on Sundays not sure u can be hotel and spa if it’s not open 7 days week. Also says open on google/website Staff all very unhelpful Waited an hour for food and drinks to the pool area. Reception very rude

Spa when it was open

Don't recommend this place, unfortunately!

- Air condition didn't work, well that thing in a sealing made more noise than cold air. So I turned it off and open window through the night, which let a lot of noise from the nearby railway and low flying airplanes, but still was better option. - There were no bathrobes in the room available and room's towels are not allowed at the swimming pool area!, luckily Lisbon has a lot to offer and visiting hotel's swimming pool wasn't the main goal of the trip. Even cheaper and less stared SPA hotels usually facilitate you with all you need out of the box :( - Cleaning stuff crushed the bottle of parfume of my wife during cleaning and even didn't care to clean it up, when we arrived back to the room the carpet and floor of the bathroom was full of little peaces of glass from the broken bottle! With the note saying that we should visit the reception. When we went there I didn't feel like they were sorry.. you know there are plenty ways of showing it, like a flowers in the room or fruits or any other little gesture of being sorry for that. They offer to recover the loss and that's it (money at the moment of writing is still not in my account), however money isn't everything, they damaged our experience and it didn't feel like they're trying to make it up for it. - And the last but not least on the day of the checkout (you need to checkout till 11:00) the cleaning stuff marched into the room at 10:30! Really! We left the room at 11:00 for good with no plans to return!

The hotel is well located and has good connection to Sintra by train, airport by metro and city center by bus. The rooms are spacious, but unfortunately that's the only good quality of this particular hotel :(

4.4
    I have stayed at 4 star hotels which provided a higher...
    • Standard Single Room

I have stayed at 4 star hotels which provided a higher quality of service: Real Abadia in Alcobaca, Prince Waikiki - Honolulu Luxury Hotel (if I recall it correctly, this was a 4 star hotel when I stayed there about 5 years ago) The quality of service was quite lower compared to a stay at Pestana Carlton Madeira in Madeira. I provided feedback to a front desk manager, hopefully he will perform his job and follow up with the upper management team of the hotel.

5 star hotel where there are no towels on the swimming pool.

5 star hotel where there are no towels on the swimming pool. You have to request them at the reception and leave a 40euro caution for each towel... And spa closes on sundays.

room service is incredibly cheap though I did not order room...

Wifi connection is not satisfying. Without hot water boiler and bottle opener.

room service is incredibly cheap though I did not order room service. A few good bars and restaurants nearby.

Average in all aspects
    • Standard Twin Room

Hotel came short of expectations in pretty much all aspects, the entire offering was basic at best except the price. The furniture in the room was chipped and dusty, the bath was chipped; a SPA hotel where you need to pay for access to the spa (which by the way closes on Sundays); we asked about an iron and ironing board and the staff categorically refused to help and insisted we put our creased but clean items to the laundry service. The location of the hotel is also inconvenient for most of the attractions. Will not rush back for sure.

Average in all aspects

I would go back.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was a little small. We were 2 people, friends, not a couple, and there was only room for one chair in the room and only one nightstand on one side of the beds, which were together on a platform. The SPA does not have an indoor pool or circuito. Early check-in was not possible, but the lobby had plenty of places to relax while waiting.

The locaion is excellent....near the metro, near the train station, and near the Hop-on Hop-off Bus tour stops. Our room on the 10th floor had a clear beautiful view of the city.

Staff was not supportive at all.

Staff was not supportive at all. We made a mistake on the reservation dates and they responded very rude and we had to pay fully for the reservation mistake, despite we didn't make use of such days.

Value for money
    • Standard Single Room

Room and bathroom design impractical , no I ternational news channel on tv , public areas uncomfortable , breakfast quality is average

Value for money

- Check in time is at 2pm.
    • Standard Single Room

- The gym and the pool are closed on Sundays. Given that is is one of the days when you can actually use these if you are coming on a business trip, this was rather inconvenient.

- Check in time is at 2pm. I arrived a few hours earlier and they were still able accommodate me. (Which, I believe is standard in big hotels if they have facilities available, but was still nice.)

Good for 1 night business travelling but not much more
    • Standard Twin Room

Location isn't great for visiting, it's not so close to Lisbon's places of interest. Infrastructure is getting old (air cond dripping water and some refreshing to make in the room with the decoration). Not worth the 100€+ per night at all...

The staff was welcoming and friendly.

Good hotel but more 4-star than 5-star.
    • Standard Twin Room

Not really a 5 star hotel standard - lots of little things and lack of attention to detail which let them down. I arrived late on Sunday evening for a 5-night business trip and when I asked for an iron to press my clothes for the morning I was told they don't have any, only a laundry service which would be happy to collect my clothes at 8am the next morning, charge a small fortune, and get them ready by the evening. Not much use to me at that moment in time. Ended up having to 'make do' with creased clothes for an important business meeting and went out and bought an iron myself instead to use for the rest of the week. Other minor things - no robes, hand soap but no soap dish, room service breakfast cards not replaced. Then add the fact that the swimming pool was closed, even though it was 27 degrees outside and the steam room was out of order 'for the foreseeable future' and you start to understand my disappointment.

Quite a trendy looking place located in central Lisbon, very close to the Campo Pequeno venue and shopping centre (which is open until 11pm). Has an onsite spa which was not overly expensive and the staff were polite and helpful. Food was pretty decent too.

Take out 2 stars...and good luck...
    • Standard Twin Room

If you are looking for a 5-stars...this is definitively not the place....!!!! not that clean, poor services, unfriendly bars and restaurant facilities , empty mini-bar, can't have an open account to charge your drinks on the hotel bill...all is set-up for the 35 buses a day of tour operators they are welcoming. every day...

not that much actually...yes, the staff maybe...nice.

• Standard Twin Room

Overrated... SPA hotel is just in the name. They have a SPA from a different company (hairdresser company) who anyone can use from the street. Rooms are old and with poor conditions (doors hanging) Staff not happy to accommodate guesses requests.. Dutty Manager has a very poor actitude... not a 5 star hotel AT ALL...

Top quality hotel, and a wonderful value
    • Standard Twin Room

Only spent one day and evening there, wish we could have stayed longer.

Location was ideal for the airport, plenty of restaurants nearby, top managed hotel.

Very convenient location .
    • Standard Twin Room

Mattress was too soft . Gave me a backache. It didn’t have coffee machine in the room . They forgot to include hair conditioner with toiletries.

Very convenient location . Staff was helpful Room size was good

Fine for a short trip but wouldn’t stay longer.
    • Standard Twin Room

Requested double bed but none available which was a shame. Toilet seat not attached to toilet. Very hot in the room despite not being particularly hot weather. Air conditioning not at all functional and incredibly loud. Old fashioned. Rough around the edges in the bathroom. Not 5 star quality. Would have beeen better to manage expectations if star rating were lower.

Staff very friendly easy check in and check out. Location good for airport. Quite a walk from the action but very direct and easy transport links etc. Clean.

Not good.
    • Standard Twin Room

I didn’t like not to able to use internet if I’m pay to stay at the hotel which be specially if is a five star hotel for all my stay I’m not able to use internet at all for the minute I’m arrived to the time I checkout.

i would like you guys to improve your internet connection he doesn’t work.

Bad day?
    • Standard Single Room

Took me over 20min to check in. Parking too expensive, breakfast is not worth the price of 20€. Staff disturbed be during breakfast, by saying i had to pay for it, when all was done at reception. Not what is to be expected from a 5-Star hotel

Room

It is definitely not a 5-star hotel. Impolite staff. Out of Wellness and Spa only sauna works.
    • Standard Twin Room

Immediately upon arrival to the marked hotel parking (that we were happy to found), two female receptionists approached us without any welcoming notes and requested with a raised voice, to move instantly the car to the garage. We felt extremely unwelcome. Despite my inquiry prior to the booking, I got the information on the garage prices - 12EUR per 24h, only when I already parked the car there. The information of the time available for the outside public parking, that receptionist gave me, was also incorrect. You can park the car for 4 h in a row, and the parking is free from 9h P.M. to 9h. A.M. Additionally, the only info on wellness was - it is on the 1st floor. In fact, we were explained when we got there, you should make an appointment since this is not the property of the hotel, and you pay 20 EUR/person/hour, while the only sauna works. The final straw was the 8 EUR tax that receptionist took from us on arrival, and we had to pay again to another receptionist while checking out, since the first one did not register the payment. Worst experience ever.

Positioned near the metro station. Good connection to the airport and to the city. Easy for parking. Comfort bathroom. Garage available

No 5 stars hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

The beds were not comfortable at all, the furniture in the room was old, the toiletries were not nice and the water accumulated in the shower. The hotel does not offer the comfort of a 5 stars hotel.

As it was my second time there i was not expected something...

In my opinion the staff was not at the quality level for a 5 stars

As it was my second time there i was not expected something marvelous, because at my first time there the cleanliness was horrible the staff was also horrible only the room was good and comfortable and the location was also convinient. But this time i was surprised since the cleanliness was really better , my room this time was very good so the relation price-quality was good .

Ok-ish
    • Standard Twin Room

Bathroom door are not fully closing (room sharing = disaster). No ventilation in bathroom = sauna. No drinks in a room’s fridge - very unusual for a 5* hotel!!! Unfriendly reception staff.

Close to the metro station. Comfy beds. Working AC.

I cannot believe that this hotel has a 5 Star Rating, more like 3.
    • Standard Twin Room

Where do I begin, No Pool, only opens in the summer. Spa closed on a Sunday Hotel were charging me 5 euros to borrow a knife no coffee maker in the room no hospitality book tell you what to sightsee

The bed was comfortable but I did not like that there was no fitted sheet on the bed, so you woke up with the bottom sheet all creased underneath you.

Not very central hotel that didn't meet our expectations regarding gym and swimming pool.
    • Standard Twin Room

Limited time in the gym and that the swimming pool was closed even though it shows as you can use it when making the booking.

The room is nice and very good ventilation. We also got a good view. The room was always nicely cleaned.

I had a splendid stay in what I found to be an accomodating, and beautiful hotel!
    • Standard Twin Room

The one drawback is the location of the hotel. It's far away from all the tourist places, and from all of the nightlife. There are several good restaurants in the area, but I noticed that there was a lot of difference to the options.

The room was very nice and I had a very good view. The amenities in the room were as expected from a 5 star hotel. The breakfast buffet was also very nice and satisfying. The have a very good selection of fruit, something that I always look for. The fruit is also fresh and ripe.

Not a real 5* anymore
    • Standard Twin Room

In my opinion, well, this is not a real 5* anymore. Perhaps it was 20 years ago. Falling doors from the closet, and no cleaning service at all (I had to fix my bed, and no fresh towels during my stay) made me move to a different place.

extra small confortable bed. Big Lobby.

Pampering luxury in north central Lisbon? Yes please!
    • Standard Twin Room

Nothing! (How can I write 200 words when I liked everything! Silly!)

We needed a hotel near Entrecampos Rail Station: it was 200 metres away, and perfectly placed. The staff were really nice and most helpful, not least in giving us a free breakfast, having told us it would be €20 each: and some breakfast it was!

below average
    • Standard Twin Room

There is no way that hotel is a five star ! It should be a three star . Smoke in the bedroom when we checked in. Dirty bathroom,rusty taps, awful view ,noisy room, poor hotel location , some of the staff are the only thing that saves this hotel

The doorman during the week was very friendly and professional and one of the girls at reception was very helpful

• Standard Single Room

Great location, very close to the airport and close to the city. The room was very clean, modern and comfortable, the spa was great. Really enjoyed our stay. Parking was great for our large vehicle

Would not consider staying there again. Not a pleasant experience.
    • Standard Twin Room

10th floor where we stayed literally smelled like an overflowed septic tank. Parking was listed as a "yes" for the hotel. "yes" for 12 euros for 10 hours. Bedrooms looked like a 1980's disco. Tacky and dated.

Concierge staff were friendly

Hotel ok but not a real 5 stars hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

Room very dark (only few small lights)!! Noisy because of the airport nearby. No slippers in the room.

Close to metro station (campo pequeno), even if you need to change metro line to get to the city center. Very good bakery for breakfast and lunch (Granier) just in front of the hotel.

Spa without pool
    • Standard Twin Room

Spa in the name of the hotel, but had to learn at the reception that the Spa has no indoor pool. That should be sad clearly in the hotel description.

Comfortable hotel, close to metro. Nice bathroom and shower. Liked to have some free mineral water in the room.

Great location and staff!
    • Standard Twin Room

I was more than pleased with this hotel. The staff was great - They provided great directions and recommendations. They were always very friendly and accomodating. The hotel is a less than a 5 minute walk to the subway which takes you to heart of the downtown within 10-15 minutes. I highly recommend!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Breakfast was good with various choices.
    • Standard Single Room

It’s not a 5 star hotel! They don’t offer the least services. The complementary water is given at the first night only. No iron at the entire hotel. Kettle is only available in one floor. We checked out and forgot a bag in the room, so we contacted the hotel few hours later, but they said we found nothing! We asked them to check the cameras to see if someone took it but they refused. They asked to go to the police office and report it in order to check the cameras. Unfortunately I booked 8 rooms for 5 nights and that was a big mistake.

Breakfast was good with various choices.

Not recommended!
    • Standard Twin Room

Miserable attiude. Didn't ask for inclusion of breakfast. Didn't ask for credit card and didn-t permit to pay at checkout. I need to go upstairs and take my wallet to pay for breakfast onsite. 5 stars??? No way!!!!

I had excellent short stay and good value for money
    • Standard Twin Room

not easy to locate the Spa :)

I am very pleased with customer service and hospitality received from reception to cleaning ladies to room service. The room is comfortable and the bathroom is nice. The property is located centrally and easy to get on the motorway to travel to other destinations. It was a good experience and fabulous time.

Below expectations. Breakfast and sauna overated.Hotel is nice but it does not deserve 5 stars.
    • Standard Twin Room

Room to basic and not stylish at all for 5 star hotel. Wanted to use Sauna but needed to pay additional 20EUR while the part of it was out of the function. Breakfast it too expensive for that is offered (20EUR for standard buffet). Bed was not comfortable at all (old mattrace and poor sheets). Staff did their job well but wihtout smile on face and nice hopsitality what should be not just nice but premium for 5 star hotel.

Nice gym, cleaning service great.

Great location just 4 km to airport.
    • Standard Twin Room

Beautiful modern hotel but it was definitely ‘form before function’. Large glass door to bathroom gave little privacy and was hard to close. Poor lighting in bathroom and bedroom. Maid service kept forgetting to replace things like soap and tea bags.

Great location just 4 km to airport. Metro and bus 2 min walk. Lovely coffee shop across the road for continental breakfast.

Not again
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was in bad condition. Cabinet doors couldn't be closed or were fallin down of its anchoring, also switches to open the blinds were loose. Carpets were partly very dirty. The room was cleaned up only very superficial during the stay. Wifi was very very slow, connection broke off regularly.

Service was courteous and friendly. Room change from french to queen size beed without any problems.

Fancy bathroom
    • Standard Twin Room

I wanted to iron my clothes for night out but member of stuff advised me that there is no iron available... Really in 5 star hotel ?no iron ?also room was small and defo would not rate it as 5 star...

Fancy bathroom

I only like the front hallway is massive looks clean staff...
    • Standard Twin Room

Nothing like 5* food is expensive nothing included like example we have to pay extra for sauna and spa pool is closed

I only like the front hallway is massive looks clean staff are good

Not a high end 5 star but definitely good for the price. Would stay again without any hesitation.
    • Standard Twin Room

The TV channels were quite lacking for a 5 star hotel; would have expected some more variety. The free shampoo provided was not very good quality (for my hair, at least) - recommend using your own if you can.

The room was very clean, despite not that big. Comfortable bed and daily complimentary water bottles were very much appreciated. Wi-fi connection and coverage was good. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Overall nice hotel but not well kept and maintained
    • Standard Twin Room

I got an upgrade..which meant the bed composition I'd chosen wasn't able to be provided. The bath plug didn't work. There were no tea bags and most of the menu was missing from the book.

Restaurant staff where very nice.
    • Standard Twin Room

This is far from a 5 star hotel. Pokey rooms. Uncomfortable beds. Pool was closed for the season and this information was not provided at time of booking. Breakfast is charged at €20 pp which is buffet style. You don't have the option to order a smaller breakfast so we ended up going across the road to a cafe which had fresh orange juice coffee and a pastry or sandwich for €2.50. You could order broom service but because the

Restaurant staff where very nice.

Horrible!
    • Standard Twin Room

Clearly the straff does not like their job or guests at all. We have never felt more Unwelcomed anywhere- and certainly not at a hotel claiming to be 5 star. A horrible expierience. Don’t choose this hotel.

The mango at breakfast

Awful.
    • Standard Single Room

This hotel is awful. They don't provide an iron and invite you use instead the very expensive ironing service. The rooms are tired and dusty, my chair fell apart while I was sitting on it! The staff are rude and it's very overpriced for what it is. Give it a miss!

The only thing I liked was the location.

A good hotel but be prepared for a hectic breakfast
    • Standard Twin Room

The breakfast was a disaster - too busy, not enough space for all the guests and the buffet continually ran out of food. It took me 10 minutes to wait for a table and 15 minutes to get hot water for tea!

A very comfortable modern hotel with good facilities

Mediocre experience
    • Standard Twin Room

Dirty, worn-down rooms, indifferent staff. As the airport is close by, you hear planes landing every few minutes. It may have been a 5 star hotel once, but not anymore.

Not much to like. Very mediocre experience.

This Hote does not offer the required service for a 5 star hotel. Schame on the management
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff is unfriendly, never says Hello, never smiles . Kids not allowed in swinging poll although accompanied by parents. The hotels has on overall unpleasend smell. Management should be replaced.

• Standard Twin Room

Using the Shower flooded the bathroom

I was impressed with how helpful the reception staff were. We have a good size room, shower was excellent. We took dinner in the room, which wasn’t great quality. But it did the job.

Nice design.
    • Standard Single Room

The parking is NOT free (in fact it costs 12 euros/day) and this information was not clearly stated during the reservation process.

Nice design. Spacious bathroom and room. International TV channels.

It was alright
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff! The receptionist that checked us in didn't smile once!! The process to check in took ages and not once did she explain what was going on. We had breakfast on the first day and for €20 I thought there was no where near enough breakfast option. They also cleared our table twice while we went to get food even though we had left our bag at the table. Then on the second night we had dinner at the restaurant to celebrate my birthday, and I was extremely disappointed!! We ordered starters but they forgot mine. I kept trying to get the waitress attention but he kept ignoring me. Drinks came at different times with 5 minutes difference (we only ordered water and ice tea). When the main course came it also come at different times!!! When I told the guy about my starter he just said "my colleague must have forgotten". He didn't offer anything for the inconvenience!!! Also to order dessert I had to almost get up from my chair to get one of the waitress to come and serve!! The food was very good, but was completely let down but the terrible customer service. The customer service was a complete let down! I would have expected so much more from a 5 star hotel! I would like to mention one member of staff that was extremely helpful. Hopefully I got the right name Barbara, and she was helping with breakfast. More staff like her please.

The hotel was modern and clean. There where some nice hotels, bakery and hairdressers near by.

Front office staff

Location. Close to Campo Pequeno concert arena. The "lobby boy" was great. He did his job and the job of the recepcionists providing basic information about breakfast hours and also informing us about the existence of a swimming pool.

Metro close by.
    • Standard Twin Room

It was a 3-4 stars hotel, not 5. Pool not working, difficult to find it. Not enouh elevators, had to wait long time. If you want to sleep with open window then train and plane noises will not let you sleep. Water did not go down well from sink and bath. Bed was extremely soft, when one person was moving then you were moving too.

Metro close by. Different Cafes close by. It was possible to get an eary breakfast. Our room was changed as it was located next to the elevator and you could hear elevator and stairs door making noises all night.

Ok - but would not stay here again.
    • Standard Twin Room

Room design impractical and not updated. No hangers, furniture is old, mattress hard and not comfortable. Staff was curt - nothing overwhelmingly welcoming.

Great city but stay elsewhere!
    • Standard Twin Room

Staff were unfriendly on both check in and out. This hotel would never get more than 3 stars in Dublin.

Location was good and the room was clean and comfortable. Lisbon is wonderful

For a 5 start hotel you wouldn't expect a room where the...
    • Standard Twin Room

For a 5 start hotel you wouldn't expect a room where the entrance looks like it is still "under construction"... unfinished footers, no furniture at a very large room entrance area. Definitely not a 5 stars. (room 301) Amenities were ok, but again, not 5 stars level, same for room comfort. Very little light in the room, and almost no plugs. I had to turn off a lamp to be able to turn my laptop on.

nowhere near the bars, restaurants and shopping of town
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast extra, spa extra, no flexibility for early check in.

Comfortable room but no tea and coffee making facilities. No iron and iron board available.

Poor
    • Standard Twin Room

I did not like the front desk as per a 5 STAR hotel. If you need anything from the reception you always have to queue for minimum 10 minutes. You ask them to book a restaurant and they tell you its fully booked and then we called ourselves and booked. No one carries your luggages and to get a taxi; i pretend from a 5 star hotel that they get me a taxi infront of the hotel and not I must go out in the rain 2 blocks away to get a taxi. No mini bar as only 2 bottles of water. Sorry but this is more like a 3 stra hotel

Location Central, but only as metro and taxis are very cheap

Comfortable beds, good location, clean rooms
    • Standard Twin Room

Rude staff, expensive, no hospitality in this hotel, breakfast is 20 euros whereas you can have great breakfast for 7-8 euros in bakery next to hotel ! Gosh !

Comfortable beds, good location, clean rooms

Below average
    • Standard Twin Room

Well for starters this is not a 5 stars hotel. They claim to but it is far from being 5 stars. The furniture is totally outdated and wear out. The cleanliness, our shower had mold on the tiles, so guess it from there. Front desk is not very friendly, we requested a double bed, they gave us 2 twins, then we went back to the front desk and ask for a room with one double bed and they said that we should go back to the room and ask housekeeping to convert the two double beds in one bed. At the end we managed to solve it a got a different room. There is no minibar and not many toiletries at the bathroom either. You get just one towel for person. The TV at the room is like 13’ and there are like 2 international channels and all the rest 25 are portuguese. No HD of course

The only thing I might like is the location.

Could be much better
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff needs to be trained, most of them hardly speak English

The staff was very rud, only 3 nice people Katia, Pedro and Cassiano other wise no body used to help at all, the house keeping will not replace the items used like Shampoos, body lotion and shaving kit.

Stayed in 5 different 5 star hotels in Spain and this hotel doesn't rate 5 stat status!
    • Standard Twin Room

Foyer (all smoke and mirrors) trying real hard to look like a 5 star hotel. Room was very small and dated. Over 300 Euros a night and no breakfast included. Stayed 3 nights. This hotel should be rated as 4 star at best. Will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

General facilities good, evening restaurant great, staff good BUT breakfast a real mess
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast room / seating was very poor - not enough seats available / tables cramped / food voice OK but not brilliant. Absolutely no service provided - not even asked if I wanted a coffee!

Good value hotel with generally good facilities and professional / friendly staff. Evening restaurant was excellent - staff, choice, service and food quality all great

If we return to Lisbon, we will try another hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

OK hotel, not more. Staff rather uninterested and not very friendly. Breakfast buffé OK. Extra plus for the fresh fruit. One of the breakfast rooms very noisy. Rather long walk to the center of things, but buses nearby.

I liked the location of the hotel, breakfast and the spa...
    • Standard Twin Room

I had booked double room, but we got it with one big bed. The doors of the cupboards we could not open as they were not in place but loosely standing next to cupboard.... rest you can imagine yourself. PS - there was hair dryer in the room, unfortunatly not functioning one..

I liked the location of the hotel, breakfast and the spa facilities. I loved the toilet facilities in the room - lots of room.

Good for sunny LISBOA
    • Standard Twin Room

WiFi service should be better rather than having to check in ever so often. Did not have twin bed for first night as booked. But ok second night. Food as ground floor restaurant could be better.

Easy taxi, casual cafe around , pleasant surroundings , close to many site -seeing places by tourist buses. Friendly staff.

Dated hotel, needs rennovation and better housekeeping regulations.
    • Standard Twin Room

The bed was uncomfortable - i had reserved a king size bed but they said the one they had was in a noisy room. The hotel wasn't full by any means. They gave me a twin bedded room - two mattresses pressed together on a wooden base. i spent every night falling into the crack between the mattresses. the room wasn't very clean; furniture worn, chipped paint. The room service portion was very small and tasteless - considering the price 22.00 for chicken tandouri with a couple of spoonfuls of rice. I consider it a rip off.

good location, fair price for accommodations.

Nothing good! We regret to be there!
    • Standard Twin Room

It's a Five Star hotel so we expected a Five Stars hotel standard. The staff didn't know how to answer our questions about how long time takes to the airport, which restaurant they could recommend in one of the tourist part of Lisbon, they don't even say hi and goodbye when you come in and out. There is no conditioner at the bathroom and I ask if they could have to sell me they say no. Come on it's a Five Star hotel. The sheets in the bed go off and out while sleeping time. There was no way to keep it ah the bed. And the breakfast was one of the worst we got. Cold scrambled eggs, not well done bacon, just butter and jam, no cream cheese. No omelett or some other protein at the buffet. Poor sorter of breads. Special treatment to some guests and not to others. NO RECOMMEND and we are really sad about our choice.

Hotel design just! But too expensive to see good material and art.

The hotel looks nice in the lobby and hallways.
    • Standard Twin Room

There's no basic amenities like an iron. After you've travelled your clothing is likely to be creased but they had no iron and could only offer their laundry service. A cost for no reason when all you need is to take creases out of your clothes.

The hotel looks nice in the lobby and hallways.

The friends made the holiday not the hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

Didn't like the location out of the main area Didn't like the coffee of a morning it was bitter Didn't like the toilet roll in the bathroom was really poor quality The hotel was at best a 4 star never in a million years is that a 5 star

The price was ok

Very far from being a 5* hotel
    • Standard Twin Room

No staff service at pool for food & drink, no ability to charge to room, faded carpets, dirty walls, extortionate breakfast price, no mini bar, no towels for pool, rude staff

Browse VIP Grand Lisboa Hotel & Spa traveller photo gallery