Reviews of Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas 5 stars

West Bay Lagoon, West Bay, Doha, Qatar

#55 of 117 hotels in Doha

Room service is taking too much time
    • Grand 2 Twins

Room service is taking too much time To help you in emergency situation my child had vomiting and too much sick I ask them to come to change bed cover and billow cover they say only 1 thing you can change and those take around 1 hr negotiation in late time I don’t know how we negotiate about such things in that situation

Relaxing
    • Grand Suite 1 King

Disturbed by jet skies while in the room and the outdoor pool Poor noise insulation in the room - next door occupants could be heart even talking Room furniture worn especially couch, desk, and carpets

Nice sea view and location Great outdoor pool and Grand Club

They should work on their breakfast restaurant on the 5 floor
    • Grand Exec Suite

But the thing is when we booked for 3 person we should get extra bed but the funny thing was they were saying they don’t have extra bed how it can be like that

It’s was ok

5 stars ?
    • Sea View 1 King

No lifeguard at beach and indoor pool Carpets not clean Toilet doors are made of glass and without locks hence toilet is almost without doors at all No small fridge in the room All the day and night you will keep hearing a very loud noise coming from plenty of Jets in the sea which is very annoying.

Location Nice balcony Staff is very nice and helpful

Not recommended at all
    • Grand Suite 1 King

Not recommended at all. A lot of incidents. Misscommunications between me and the reception. Reception gave wrong information. Checkin took an hour and the Luggage took another hour after calling 3 times to reach my room. Unhelpful staff. Very dirty room, very dusty. Flying cockroaches in the balcony. Trashes left in front of doors of other rooms for many many hours and no one to take them out causing a smelly corridors. Poor breakfast in the executive lounge, not as expected. Lack of staff to follow up the pools. No hot water in room bathroom, after calling 5 times, technician came twice and no solutions, not even moving me to another room. Very bad experience !!

Nice looking hotel and seaview.

Unfortunately this time I had the worst experience ever.
    • Grand Suite 1 King

Unfortunately this time I had the worst experience ever. I usually don’t write about my bad experiences but I thought I should this time so the hotel can do something about the rude staff. I only love the hotel bcoz of its location and great beach also. But I truly hope they hire different people soon! And that’s not the first time

Room, public service and the beach was wonderful.
    • Grand Suite 1 King

Reception no professionally coordination, no warm greetings, not flexible and feel they work under routine. Outdoor swimming pool need some care and more lifeguards should be distributed professionally.

Room, public service and the beach was wonderful.

Location .
    • Two-Bedroom Ground Floor Villa

Room service was too slow They didn't clean the room very well and we were staying at the villa area .. we have waited along time to get picked up by the golf car.

Location ... the villa style ... beds are comfortable... the kitchen is good 👌

Great stay again
    • Grand 1 King

There was a lack of milk (until we asked for some from reception) and few teabags that we like i.e. Earl Grey or English Tea. We were given more after asking though. The fruit and other tea bag choice are not to our liking.

The noise levels being a lot lower because the beach bar is closed :) The breakfast is still excellent.

The suit was very spacey.
    • Two-Bedroom Upper Floor Villa

The noise from water scooters was very annoying, I really hated it. The furniture was battered, I would not expect this in the 5star hotel. There was not hairdryer available in the bathroom and toiletries were very few. I missed open sea, the beach was short as it only was at the bay. The sea was very shallow, I touched the bottom in all areas supposed for swimming. The bottom was not sand but some kind of clay or mud, I did not like it.

The suit was very spacey.

We would be more than happy to return again
    • Sea View 2 Twins

Liked everything about the hotel

The assistant manager met us in reception and even escorted us to our room to make sure we were happy with everything. The breakfast room had so much choice.

Nice hotel amidst a lot of construction
    • Sea View 1 King

There was a concert on the island outside our Lani that lasted till way after midnight. It was very loud. There were also unusually loud jet skis in the canals around the island behind the hotel. They seemed to be trying to impress someone but it definitely did not impress us. It was also difficult for our Uber driver to get to the hotel due to the huge amount of construction around this area.

It was beautiful. The rooms were nice and clean. We did eat at every restaurant in the hotel in the three days that we were there and everything that we had was delicious. The staff was all very helpful and friendly. The hotel has security upon entry like at the airport with metal detectors and a scanner. It gives you a feeling of security or for some it could be a feeling of paranoia.

Beautiful place but not for families...
    • Grand 2 Twins

Took payment from one card when had asked each room to pay for own costs. No facilities for children whatsoever. Walked miles to a treasure hunt only to be told just before it stared that was not for children. Overcharged for mini bar when asked it to be removed. Private functions which were loud and disruptive and was not told in advance. Main pool closed and only told upon checking in when we had chosen the hotel particularly for their pool. Charged nearly £20 for a slice of lemon in hot water.

Manager and deputy at reception were very professional friendly and tried best to resolve issues. They acknowledged that we should have been told of the listed issues below before arrival and were apologetic. It’s a beautiful place but with nothing for children. Amazing Thai restaurant who did try to accommodate us but my 6 year old still ended up needing her epi pen and ambulance.

The view the place
    • Three-Bedroom Upper Floor Villa

Bad hospitality, bad room service , bad communication, we like the place its not our first time but we had a bad experience. Tye pillows were in a bad condition it doesn’t feel clean. But the worst of them all is the people in the reciption especially the manager.

The view the place

overall location is great and helpful stuff and clean rooms.
    • Grand 1 King

There was fixing in the swimming pool area it was a bit noisy in the morning We had to call to offer us the tooth brush and sewing kit They didn't give us a late check out although our plane was so late. No COFFEE Machine =( !

The staff were friendly and helpful The rooms and hotel was clean concierge were amazing. Location is great near the pearl. the anniversary surprise was great.

You want 6* service....? go to Grand Hyatt Doha.
    • Sea View 1 King

I stayed in this hotel before and evaluated at 6*, a few years on and the hotel has my 6* again. Just outstanding service, amenities, facilities, most friendly and very helpful staff from drivers, receptionists, restaurant staff, spa personnel, pool and fitness center... a level of cleanliness incredible, well done housekeeping. Restaurants and Bar very good too. I will be back and thank you all for a memorable holiday !

Not my first, but might be my last
    • Sea View 1 King

Because it is not my first time, I already know what to expect of the usual service, however, this time it was completely disappointing. The room had a partial view of the pool and the restaurant on second floor and the noise was tremendous. What made it even worse, the people from room next door had a birthday party that lasted until midnight or even more. Regardless of my complaints, no action has been taken what so over. There were no clean towels on my arrival and there were no towels after cleaning the room. I had to ask for everything myself including the usual amenities. Disappointing visit and I hope they rectify their oversight and get back on track.

It's not my first time to visit Grand Hayatt. It used to be one of my favorite hotels because of the perfect location and facilities.

I won’t recommend staying here for leisure and don’t expect much on food expensive not tasty
    • Grand 1 King

Staff were not welcoming Food Services everywhere at cafes and restaurants and lobby It was dark No attention to details and no attention for little visitors (kids)

Location only.

Lovely Stay
    • Grand 1 King

False fire alarm woke me from my sleep. Don’t get a pool facing room if you want peace and quiet as it tends to get noisy with all the kids enjoying themselves.

Incredible hotel, reminds me of an Arabian palace. Very large, open public spaces. Incredible choice of swimming pools and a small beach too. The restaurants are great, pity I didn’t get to try them all . Staff are very friendly and accommodating.

Great resort wonderfull location and facilities
    • Grand Exec Suite

Club lounge staff doesn't seem very friendly, they don't smile or give you the feel that are welcome. Mjlis restaurant staff also give you the impression that you are not so welcome. It is a 5 stars hotel, I expect friendly and welcome impressions from all staff. Other than that all is great.

Great welcoming from reception crew and entrance crew. Great Suite and comfortable with very nice decorations and views on the sea. Great Garden, beach, restaurants and facilities.

Not enjoyable
    • Sea View 1 King

Staff quality is very poor compare to my last visits , no smile no greeting the orders were wrong couple of times , whatever i asked for from my room took ages to come after many follow ups ... also the room was very basic , no amenities , no coffee and tea absolutely nothing , i had to call them so they sent me someone with coffee and tea etc..

I liked the green areas and the peacefulness of the hotel.

Not very flexible with late checkout. Nice beach.
    • Grand 1 King

I asked for a late checkout since I was attending an event at the hotel, they only allowed me to stay after paying half a day charge although the hotel wasn't fully occupied.

The beach was nice. Very clean hotel and facilities.

Good but needs enhancement
    • Grand 1 King

Bathroom sink was blocked. Staff were less than before and they were overloaded. There is no open buffet restaurant at least for dinner.

Staff are great and cooperative

overall a very good and well managed property
    • Grand 1 King

as a solo business travelling I care about 1) quality of room service 2) TV channel list 3) comfort of the bed 4) good shower this hotel was great apart from 1&2. room service menu was very basic (burger, club sandwich etc....) and the TV channel list was sub standard ( I think 4 English channels, excluding the news)

the staff is where this hotel really shines. I did not meet a single member of staff that wasn't pleasant to talk to, genuinely friendly and very helpful towards any of my requests.

Location, service, beach & pool.
    • Sea View 1 King

When we booked for king rooms they always gives us a single room or the rooms that we didn't request for. We are paying for relaxing and having fun not to always shouting or fighting in front the reception. Some of the receptionist always ignored us while we are waiting for a room to be booked. I'm always recommending people to stay in Grand Hyatt Hotel, but this time I have really changed my mind.

Location, service, beach & pool.

ROCCA restaurant was excellent, rooms are large, clean with...
    • Grand Suite 1 King

The club party making big noise up to 2 AM, Night time not possible to sleep and relax

ROCCA restaurant was excellent, rooms are large, clean with big sea view balcony

3 days was an adequate stay in Qatar unless you wanted to study the history and business in detail
    • Grand 1 King

The Hotel as a resort with few customers when we visited. A busier time would have created a better atmosphere.

The Hotel has great facilities and our room had excellent views of the waterways and pool area. There a numerous restaurants even though we had little time to experience them. There is a shopping centre not 200 metres from the Hotel entrance with enjoyable casual cafes where you could observe the Arabs in their local habitat. This was an interesting experience.

Nice resort in central Doha
    • Sea View 1 King

Beds are very soft & not really comfortable but it’s fine. Very noisy club at the beach is the only negative thing. I was at sea view room which was facing the night club so maybe better to choose swimming bool view for less noise

Nice & comfortable room & great size with a nice balcony. In room dining is good although little bit expensive but delivery time is excellent

The reception is perfect, easy to talked too, even they...
    • Two-Bedroom Upper Floor Villa

The gate garde not all of them just one they did cooperate with us to let our friend drop her inside the area. He didn’t even tried to talk with us. That only the thing I didn’t like at all !

The reception is perfect, easy to talked too, even they upgraded us from 2 bedroom villa to 3 bedroom villa for free.

😎
    • Grand 1 King

The room service team are so slow and the online alcohol menu 🤕i got sick and tired of it and they take time to take order...

Access to pool and beach.check inn was very nice thanks to Regan his a good person and helpful.

its okay
    • Grand 2 Twins

the staff at the resto where we had our breakfastare not accommodating

the guy who assisted me when i checked in is very nice and allowed us to checked in earlier than the usual

Parking service very fast
    • Grand Suite 1 King

Asking for 500 qr for security for each night. Breakfast was included with room rate however it was to the launch room not in the hotel restaurant buffet. Very nosie during weekend becaseu of the partys.

Parking service very fast Nice food Location

The Villas are wonderful for families, just if they're occupied by families not a group of youth & adults.
    • Three-Bedroom Upper Floor Villa

Management and security weaknesses in implementing the rental and parking policies.☝🏻 Our stay was a nightmare, since we couldn't sleep well during the two nights😥. We have had a reservation for 3 nights, but we cancelled the 3rd one, since we couldn't handle the situation anymore😞. Our neighbors at the 2nd floor were a group of youth & adults, while the policy states the Villas must be occupied with families!!!!! 🤔 They brought their table football ⚽️ and started playing during the night till late morning. Just imagine the noise that comes from the table and their shouting, while the ball always drooping and moving in the ground😖. We spoke to the management team more than 8 times, but the case remained the same 🤔. Furthermore, the management gives just one parking permit for each villa, but when we came we found there were many cars (3 to 5) parking near each villa without any parking passes, and our parking space was taken by the neighbors🤔. It's very important , for the management, to activate the current policies to attract more families and to keep the reservations, if they are willing to have more visitors.☝🏻

The villa، Spa, beach, swimming pools, restaurants, playground and sports activities.

It was so Noise during mid night.
    • Sea View 1 King

It was so Noise during mid night. Cleanness at Santa Barbara restaurant was so poor. Check point area at entrance was so hot (no AC). Parking through valet parking service and drop-off area was a mess at all times

not recommended
    • Sea View 2 Twins

I didn't like the stuff, the service and everything else for the following reasons: I was going to stay for two day but I end up making the check out after one day because I ordered extra room and I paid for it they said that I have to wait one hrs because they are cleaning it but I end up waiting more the 5 hrs. Also, I ordered blankets but they said they don't have any. I order something else and they were so late. I wouldn't recommend staying here to anyone and it's the last time for me staying in this hotel..

Even though the hotel is fancy but I don't recommend staying there

Highly Recommended
    • Grand 1 King

The beach is too far from the swimming pool. The swimming pool is tide and surrounded by buildings. If you are planning to go there with your family, just forget about it

It is really 5 stars hotel The beds are comfortable The king room is highly recommended, it has a balcony with and amazing garden/see view. One more thing I would like to share with the viewers, I forgot my IPhone charger in the room while checking out, in the next day I have received a call from the front desk informing me to collect my charger from the Lost and Found store.

We didn't enjoy our stay at alllll
    • Grand Suite 1 King

First of all the hotel take payment of one night from my visa on 30 !!!!!!! They don't have the right for that coz I have free cancalation tell the 31 Second the suit was not comfortable : bad smell, shower not working, mini bar fredge not working also and smelly, the room door blocked And take toooooo much time to be fixed We didn't sleep well coz off the music in beach club coz my room very close this area and they know we r family with kids why they gives this room to us ???????????!!!!'nnnnnnnb

Amazing Hotel with friendly staff and nice facilities
    • Club 2 Twins

Staff was very friendly and and facilities are very good. The room had nice views and was very clean. The beach was ok and it has a pub called Flip Flop that was fun.

Lovely summer vacation
    • Grand 1 King

Staff weren't friendly. Not easygoing to tell them something Room service was poor . I waited 40mins to get the menu and same for the order

Location + beach

I like the private pool of the villas.
    • Sea View 1 King

It just annoying when the kids will swim in the private villa popl and they have their own pool.

I like the private pool of the villas. The full facilities in the hotel.

Good but the hotel could make it better
    • Three-Bedroom Ground Floor Villa

Toilets were blocked Beache is muddy Food very expensive- room service The windows of the villas do not have block out People from out side can see people inside the villas.

It was good in terms of villas artangements

The landscape
    • Grand 1 King

Room unclean, no good facility in the room, wash room has no safe sliding glass door for children, Air condition thermostat out of control, water leaking in toilet .

The landscape

It was ok
    • Sea View 1 King

Twin beds, scratched wood in room. When I asked cleaner for more coffee sachets I was told I was not allowed quite abruptly!! I called housekeeping they only had decaf coffee. This is a 5 star hotel , should have regular coffee sachets. Very noisy until midnight as people were shouting in the pool. Woken up at 5:30 am by slamming door and shouting

Nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Amazing 5-star experience
    • Grand 1 King

I wish they had better food offerings by the beach but everything else was great.

Everything was great. Hotel is a true 5-star experience and you get value for money. The design, grounds, and lay-out was amazing. I used the health center and it was spotless and facing a beautiful indoor pool. The beach was empty and meant I could really relax. The room service was also really nice and the bathroom was spacious.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Great facilities at the Hyatt.
    • Two-Bedroom Upper Floor Villa

We stayed in a villa. The place was great, but it would have been nice to have more equipment in the kitchen when we arrived.

Great facilities at the Hyatt. Lovely pools - particularly the infinity pool. The pool amongst the villas was great for our two year old. I really rate the gym, probably because of it's sauna, jacuzzi and plunge pool.

Great weekend getaway.
    • Grand 2 Twins

Restaurant staff did not tell me if something had gone wrong and I'd need to wait for longer than usual for eggs or coffee at breakfast. A simple, "We are sorry for the delay," would have made a difference.

High thread count sheets. Tidy gardens. Close proximity to the water. Good selection of food at breakfast and at the Thai restaurant. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Grand 1 King

My room not ready for my request of early check in (1pm), valet didn't accept to take my car due to the parking is full because of wedding parties in the weekend

Location, beach, pool, facilities, large parking basement

The hotel is very nice, the room is comfortable and I felt...
    • Sea View 1 King

The service wasn't that good comparing to other hotel.. some staff need to be trained how to welcome and assist the guest . there is no communication between the departments which is causing inconvenience

The hotel is very nice, the room is comfortable and I felt home.. Vanessa from reception was very nice and welcoming also Alex from the swimming pool was very helpful

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Comfortable hotel, but service needs improvement
    • Grand 2 Twins

The breakfast is very overproced, the beach bar delivered food in 1 hour and didn't even bother to talk to us. The staff of Spa had no idea about how the rest of the hotel works. The staff is not really used to having people staying with them for holidays and looking after their needs. The front staff was polite and helpful, but didn't want initially to order Karwa taxi and instead kept insisting on hotel car which is a double or a triple price. The floor of the beach is made of clay and is not very nice to walk on, but it is not hotels fault.Lots of road works near the hotel make it very difficult to travel to City centre especially on the weekends

I liked the hotel building and comfortable room and bedding

The beds are really comfortable and the beach area is really...
    • Grand 2 Twins

The shower didn't work very well and after a day on the beach it wasn't the best.

The beds are really comfortable and the beach area is really nice.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

A special passion made very special by the wonderful staff
    • Sea View 1 King

The bath took forever to fill

My wife's birthday treat and the hotel made it very special. We had a birthday cake in our room on arrival which was delious and the whole week end was made special. I thanked the staff at check out and gave them a huge thumbs up. Recommend this hotel for special occasions

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

The hotel was amazing and the views are stunning.
    • Grand 1 King

The services took long such as when I request from the room services

The hotel was amazing and the views are stunning. I loved the restuarants. The pillow was high

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Excellent hotel great location
    • Grand 2 Twins

The weather but that's not the hotels fault and I would prefer milk over coffee creamer for my complimentary tea

Extra soft bed and great restaurants

Beautiful hotel and staff
    • Grand 1 King

Not a lot to do..noisy flipflops bar on beach keeps you awake..expensive drinks and food..boring ...dunes bar same video on screen every night mind numbing..back ground music loud and same old needs a good shake up into 2017...

Xtra comfy beds staff very polite and accomodating breakfast club brilliant lovely food and friendly. .quiet in week...OTT on weekend very busy children running up and down corridors shouting parents no control

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

I Love it
    • Grand 1 King

The resturants at level 5 not serving a good breakfast , Need to add more in the menu I guess all resturants menu need for additional items

The view was wonderful , staff are excellent It is really the most comfortable quite place I ever visit.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Valet parking was fast
    • Grand 1 King

1. Dirty carpet 2. Some spots with mold like in toilet 3. No Cartoon channel in english 4. No tootbrush, comb and soap, body wash and shampoo very limited 5. Buffet breakfast not good... ambience and food taste 6. Fly flying around while we are eating 7. Waited for staff to cook pancakes. No one is there in the pancake area 8. Hardboiled eggs only 25 percent cooked 9. No iron in the room 10. Only 1 bath robe available 11. Only 1 slipper available 12. Very less english channel to watch 13. The mattress has some brown dirt... It feels like a ghost hotel... or a hotel that is about to close...

Valet parking was fast

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Old hotel, trying to be new..
    • Grand 1 King

The hotel confiscated a speaker from me and refused to let me keep it even though there was one in the room. The rooms smelt moldy and a friend got a mini asthma attack due to the dust in the room. the switches in the room were so spread out that it was an encumberment to switch all the lights off (with the master switch) and charge anything at the same time.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Great spot with (mostly) friendly staff
    • Grand 1 King

Rocca staff were poor for 5 star establishment, although the pizza was excellent!

The Thai restaurant is excellent with great staff. Front desk were very good also.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Not recommended during high season
    • Four-Bedroom Villa

-Very expensive. -Villa was not ready till 4:45 pm. Very poor & disappointing policy. The hotel seemed that the delay of getting the room ready was acceptable. -A dog barked all day on any person walked near neighboring villa.It really scared my kids & we couldn't sleep because of the dog noise.

Wide space/4-bedrooms villa. Staff were nice. Nice Facilities.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

They will try to fake broken things to force you to pay for it 10 times the price
    • Three-Bedroom Ground Floor Villa

So many thing, suffts brought to us broken then they asked us to pay for it. Towels was not available all the time, hardly we get some. So many cars parking incorrectly.

The sea is nice and quite

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

the location in floor 1 was very bad

the location in floor 1 was very bad the glass doors for toilets are not good for privacy especial for children and teen age bed quality is also not good

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Staff, superhelpful and nice, good room service, gave us a...
    • Grand 1 King

Outside our terrace was full of cigarrette butts, in the flower pots. Room's fridge didnt work well, drinks were warm.

Staff, superhelpful and nice, good room service, gave us a rooom with direct access to garden, nice cot for the baby

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Loved the hotel: big room with the balcony, a few very good...
    • Grand 1 King

"Do not disturb" sign and "privacy please" tag did not really help to maintain a privacy: housekeeping called, knocked on the door, left the message on the voice mail, slide the note underneath the door - all in less than 24 hours: with only purpose - to check if they need to clean the room. The service in Italian restaurant Rocca could be more efficient.

Loved the hotel: big room with the balcony, a few very good restaurants, great pool and friendly staff. Breakfast was ok, and the brunch was excellent.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

I recommend it أنصح به
    • Three-Bedroom Upper Floor Villa

The restaurant (AlMajlis) in the same hotel was too bad the taste is not good and expensive. The insurance policy for the Villa is unbelievable and not reasonable at all its 2000 Qatari Ryal per night which is more than price of reservation!! and we had to negotiate with them to reduce it with help of reception (Maureen) but the there was no deceleration for this policy when i made my reservation.

I took a villa (3 rooms) ground floor with private garden and we were five persons it was very nice and perfect with free Wifi and all TV's was Smart which is perfect for using screen share. Reception was helpful and patient her name is (Maureen) all facilities is available.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Thanks for a good price to begin with.
    • Sea View 1 King

Thanks for a good price to begin with. Incl. of breakfast/lunch/dinner options should be available. This will increase bookings at this excellent property. value for money food options is reqd.

Majestic Hotel.. State of the Art... Simply breathtaking
    • Grand 1 King

Everything was on point. No complaints... From start to finish, the staff was well trained and super outstanding. That is how you run a hotel... Great stuff...

It's one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in, in all my travels to different cities around the World. The Grand Hyatt is the state of the art hotel and it has everything you could want or ask for in a majestic hotel like that. The staff, facilities, breakfast, the view, everything is second to none. Excellent place and top marks to everyone who made my stay a super pleasant one. I plan to stay there again when I go back to Doha this year... Cheers... I give it a 10/10.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

The hotel was surtoynded by high rise buildings some still...
    • Sea View 1 King

The hotel was surtoynded by high rise buildings some still under construction. The "beach" was next to a busy road and faced a building ground. All photos of the hotel cleverly avoided showing this and I stead made it seem like the hotel was located at an idated and scenic location. Apart from this hotel was good and service excellent.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Doesn't represent Grandhyatt group
    • Sea View 1 King

Just I'm not planning to visit there again, it wasn't good experience in that hotel because of staff treatment "check-in & check-out"

Beach area is nice not that big though

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

"FANTASTIC STAY"
    • Two-Bedroom Ground Floor Villa

I had a fantastic experience while my stay, checked in for my daughter's B'day with family. check in staff was very friendly. room was clean and very spacious. a perfect family place.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Good place to relax
    • Two-Bedroom Upper Floor Villa

Staff weren't that particularly warm. The ones at breakfast were helpful but service at reception and check in/out can be much better for a hotel of this size and the money we pay!

Location, food and the beach. The size of the apartment as well.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Only in front of it a bid mall only
    • Grand 1 King

Some of the Moroccan and Egyptian staff are rude and impolite I have gone all over the world but like those people I haven't seen 👎and it doesn't deserve 5 stars it's big hotel with bad taste in furniture 😫it's should be more elegant

Only in front of it a bid mall only

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Sea View 1 King

when we came to cheek if theres room for that day , the staff told us there where non of the room are available , but when we cheeked it on booking.com there where alot of rooms are empty ! and the food at the grill resturant was un-eatable .

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

Gorgeous hotel and grounds.
    • Sea View 1 King

The staff at the breakfast were somewhat rude and did not go out of their way to make sure everything was ok. There was no call to say the buffet was closing nor were we told the closing time.

The bedroom was lovely and the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Disappointed!
    • Grand 1 King

We were a big group and booked around 10 rooms. They were all moist and smelly. The carpets everywhere were dirty, including the corridors. One of the rooms we booked had a broken AC. They tried to fix it but couldn't. At the end they offered to change the room but it was too troublesome for us as the wedding was the same day and we had to get ready. A huge negative was the fact that as a guest, you cannot use your room card to access other floors. As we were a big group and scattered on different floors, this was extremely inconvenient. One day, we came back to the room after housekeeping cleaned it, and found our pillows ON THE FLOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention, the carpets looked filthy??!! For the name of the hotel, I expected it to be much better. The lobby is cute but the rest of the hotel is old and seems to need serious renovation. I would definitely not rate it as a 5 star hotel!

We chose the hotel because we had a wedding in their ballroom that weekend. The location for us was convenient and the fact that we can cross the road to lagoona mall was a big bonus. The staff was nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

Beautiful hotel.

The hotel made a mistake regarding a change to the dates that I would be staying there and they wanted to charge me for a room that I never stayed in. Also, the bell desk lost my luggage and it took them about 4 hours to find it.

Beautiful hotel. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. The dining options were very good.

Browse Grand Hyatt Doha Hotel & Villas traveller photo gallery