Reviews of Wyndham Grand Regency Doha 5 stars

Al Sadd Area, Doha, Qatar

#29 of 117 hotels in Doha

Good Value for Money.
    • Deluxe Room

Location is not really great but just OK.

The breakfast was good. The wifi was very good as well. The staff at the facility is cooperative and helpful. They allowed me a late check out with out any extra cost. The pool is small but good.

Poor maintained hotel
    • Deluxe Room

Property needs for vacuuming, deep cleaning. I was walking on room bare foot, my feet become dark.

Staff was so helpful except the reception organization. There is definately something wrong with staff happiness in reception.

Not that too bad but it’s not the one that we expected.
    • Deluxe Room

I didn’t like the room it’s little bit dirty, tables are dusty and my son got wound to his foot from the swimming because of the rocks. Although swimming pool is ok but the rocks is dangerous especially for the kids

Great!
    • Deluxe Room

accommodating staffs, nice ambiance, spacious room..my daughter enjoyed the pool and the jacuzzi so much..will definitely go back to this hotel soon.. :)

The breakfast is good.
    • Deluxe Room

The pool is not child friendly, it is deep. My kids stayed on the side the whole time. The tiles are rough & with sharp edges. Several kids, including my daughter got wounded while swimming.

The breakfast is good.

Hotel needs some improvments
    • Deluxe Room

I expected a 5 stars hotel but I found it normal. building and rooms looks old. lady in check-in met me with tough face with no reason - they take insurance amount (looks like we are in apartment not in a hotel)

location is good. staff was nice

No thing
    • Deluxe Room

The swimming pool broken every one in the swimming pool get injured The reception very hot The hotel needs renovation We can give 3 star hotel maximum

No thing

It was great
    • Family Room

The swimming pool ceramic is broken in lots of locations that me and my daughter were injured badly in our feet.

The coffee shop in ground floor and the lobby

Not 5 star in our opinion
    • Deluxe Room

We stayed here because we thought that a 5 star experience would be a great way to finish our trip. We have stayed in a lot of 3 star hotels which seemed to be a lot more comfortable than this place. The bed in particular rocked and when one person turned, the other person was woken up. Also do not like it when hotels pre-authorise more than your night’s stay just in case you may have something else as is takes days for it to correct on your card.

The price of the hotel was quite reasonable. The breakfast was good.

Nice for a one night staycation.
    • Deluxe Room

The room is relatively small compared to other hotels that can offer the same service. The room service is quite pricey over the quantity of the food.

The bath tub is really deep and nice.

great experience
    • Deluxe Room

I like hotel facilities such as pool and room service, it was amazing experience. I was alone in pool, so it was more relaxing. Just check their room service menu and order I forgot the name, but there was written that they have something special which you like it, it was HUGE burger with amazing taste, I like it. Thanks for great experience, I'll come back again.

Excellent value for money.
    • Deluxe Room

Pool was very built up so limited sun, and I had to move rooms owing to the first one having issues. They solved it quickly though

Value for money is excellent. The tv has lots of good channels and the small pool was very relaxing. Housekeeping staff were excellent and friendly.

The concierge was amazing;
    • Deluxe Room

It’s was a smoking room and there was no ashtray in the room, even when we call the room service and the house keeping no one answered the phone except the operator. The corners of the bathroom was not perfectly clean.

The concierge was amazing; specially the guy ANDREW at the reservation was cool af.

It was overall good. Breakfast should have been included in the reservation price.
    • Executive Room

Wash rooms were not equipped with Toilet / Telephone showers. This is expected in an European country, but not in an Islamic country. It was a bit of disappointment. Expensive breakfast per person. Not really worth compared with items offered.

During check-in, the front end staff was not at all...
    • Deluxe Room

During check-in, the front end staff was not at all considerate; very rigid and not friendly. I checked in the night around 1:00 am so no Manager was on duty either. Staff couldn't even acknowledge my loyalty rewards status - regardless of me showing my status on the rewards app.

Pretty Luxurious and Comfortable Stay
    • Deluxe Room

There were no indications of the location of the parking as the entrance is on the backside and easy to miss. Entering from the parking lot to the hotel is rather confusing since you will exit the reception desk are not in the main lobby and only one lift can take you to the parking.

The hotel has a pretty luxurious setting with a fancy exterior and a classy interior. The room is very nice but a bit on the small scale. The breakfast buffet was excellent with good variety and tasty dishes.

• Deluxe Room

The room was full of smoking smell also found a pack of cigarette and a lighter on the TV table

We staid only for one night every thing is great except the following

Pleasant stay!
    • Executive Room

Lack of handheld water sprays in bathrooms. Only conventional bidets are there. Expected the Breakfast buffet to have better variety for the price.

We informed the hotel that its an anniversary celebration. They surprised us with complimentary cake and bed decoration. It was very nice of them. Also, we complained from the extremely noisy people in the room next door who were partying at 4 am. & the hotel dealt with the problem well and asked them to lower the music. They also gave us the option to check out late. Overall it was a lovely stay! The hotel is really clean and cozy.

fantastic I highly recommend this hotel
    • Family Room

I did not like the swimming poll, very small and limited chairs and matelas

the A/C and the beds are large enough ,I like the TV channels all channels provided include Bein sport and OSN. fantastic

good value for money
    • Deluxe Room

the bed wasn't the comfiest but was substantial, pillows were ridiculously oversized but a thinner item was in wardrobe (only one)

Clean and quiet room, easy check in/out. Booking price was a bargain according to Reception who said their rates normally higher.

Wonderful!

Nothing at all!

After a month in India staying at the Wyndham was such a pleasure! I can’t even describe how wonderfully relaxing & refreshing it was before having to take a long flight back to the US. We highly recommend this hotel.

its not bad
    • Deluxe Room

I like to visit the swimming pool put it wad under services Resturent lakes many Arabian meals

Not the property i would like to return or recommend to anyone
    • Deluxe Room

A very old property with very clumsy interiors and very old property which was not properly maintained to the standard of rest of the Wyndham

The breakfast omelette at the breakfast was the only good thing, which I had during my entire stay.

Zero star

I’m hotel customer but now will never stay in this hotel again .. the room I booked is not the same room they have gave me.. iBook a FAMILY ROOM WICH IS DESCRIBED IN MY BOOKING IT COMES WITH TWO BEDROOMS AND SETTINGS AREA But thy gave me Two very small connected room without any description in my book ..when i showed them my Booking.com room description they told me this is mistake from booking.com

Nothing i like .. they stole my Cartier ring i left it in the room .. I forgot it in the room when I come back I didn’t find it .. I told them and they didn’t make me any thing

will not stay again
    • Deluxe Room

I was sick the 2nd day and asked for a pain killer ur hotel flatly refused saying they dont have medicines and cannot go out and get it too. Thats disturbing for a patient.

Nothing as such

Nice hotel with very great value for the money
    • Deluxe Room

Rooms are small in size. I didn’t like the pillow as it is very hard & uncomfortable.

Nice hotel in the middle of Doha & professional staff. Nice shisha at the lobby restaurant.

Disappointed, nothing like the photos. But good value for your money
    • Deluxe Room

The breakfast, a lot of options to choose from but they didn't refill the empty food, glasses etc. And they advertised a pool but there was no water in it and it looked abandoned.

Value for your money

For me was 4 star but s ok
    • Deluxe Room

Only the rooms was with old firniture.But comfarteable.I fell not 5 stars hotel 4 star.Because these hotel is more beautifule in İstanbul Turkey on marina.And thay have in breakfast only 2 chess to choos.The plate was emty.I want some thay bring only one chess plate mastamer other gauda plate was emty.Than i have only 1 chess to eat.I say i want gauda he say me it s finish the time.But before was emty thay dont put it news it have time.Because i eat only chess in breakfast it was importent for me.But you can choss if you eat warm breakfast.Nice Latte and caffes etc.

Steff was good ,bad was good.Nice breakfest.The room its nice.

Over all it was excellent, apart from Deposit Money policy.
    • Deluxe Room

Only didn't understand the "Deposit Money" policy. And reasons are: 1) Its not a movable property, for example like a Rented Car, 2) Prior intimation, when you book the hotel it should be mentioned to the guest or the customer, because we generally travel with a plan and calculations (Funds).

Privacy / Location / Ambience was excellent.

Beautifully decorated hotel,quiet which si very important...
    • Deluxe Room

would be nice to offer free shuttle to the old village because it s far,

Beautifully decorated hotel,quiet which si very important for me,friendly and attentive staff.

The worst .
    • Deluxe Room

I booked for delux bed and I reached Doha at 10 o'clock night they gave me very small room with two small beds on it I was alone and I was in need for double bed Delux as it was booked in my booking went and asked them the duty manager an Egyptian guy was not this much welcoming after a lot of discussion they offered me a delux bed but in a smoking area the whole day was not able to sleep just turning left and right I wake up morning and met friends all my clothes was smelling cigarette smoke it will be first and last to this hotel it sucks.

Their food for breakfast was good

in transit
    • Deluxe Room

We were in transit, so the hotel taxi met us and then returned us to the airport. The accommodation was very good, however we were only there to sleep a few hours between our connecting flights. The person at the reception and the person who met us at the airport were very efficient and helpful. The room was great!

Doha was a very enjoyable experience and the quality of the hotel added to this
    • Deluxe Room

Its a few kilometres from the city centre and there was no way you would walk anywhere with all the construction going on for the World Cup. Fortunately taxis are very cheap

The staff were courteous and friendly especially in the coffee shop. The coffee shop also very pleasant for coffee or a smaller breakfast

I enjoyed my stay. Thanks for the hospitality shown.
    • Deluxe Room

Not all the items were available in the bar fridge. Me living in Doha, I felt that the prices charged for the items in the bar fridge were too expensive and unreasonable. For example, a small tin of Pringles was 20riyals, and you pay less than 10riyals for the big tin. Overall, everything was charged more than 200% profit in the bar fridge.

I liked the friendliness of all the staff. I also enjoyed the fact that the hotel accommodated and arranged a Christmas performance. My mom came to visit me for Christmas and the performance brought tears in her eyes. Well done. The hotel is really beautiful and a value for money.The service was really good as a whole, and the food was lovely. I will definitely recommend it to others, and hopefully I will see you soon.

The response from housekeeping and room service sections...
    • Deluxe Room

The response from housekeeping and room service sections were really disappointing. Many a times, I had to speak to the operator or reception and request their help to speak to the concerned and sort out the issues.

• Deluxe Room

From standard room they've upgraded me to executive and all my request has been granted. Thank you Wyndham for accommodating me and my family. I truly appreciate the calmness of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

After some miss understandings which were solved to my complete satisfaction, excellent.
    • Deluxe Room

Location of the hotel is surrounded by heavy construction sights at the moment. Will surely improve when completed. A long walk to reach any kind of shopping or restaurants, only alternative is a taxi.

The friendly and professional staff who solved an issue with my bill to my total satisfaction.

I regret my stay at this hotel
    • Deluxe Room

The service was not good and the hotel staff was not helpful except the cleaners

Would prefer not to stay again
    • Deluxe Room

Parking . Poor Security .My vehicle had an rear view camera . Badly mangled and was stolen when the vehicle was parked by Valet in hotel’s parking ..

Good stay
    • Deluxe Room

They asked me to deposit ( 300 qar ) as guarantee and i can take it when I'm leaving , that's weird first time to hear about that .

The hotel was really quite . Good for relaxation

AWESOME DOHA😀
    • Deluxe Room

I could have stayed longer....will come back again.

The WOW feeling that this hotel gives you😀👍...from checking in till your check out...male receptionist was so pleasant ..even gave me huge discount card for relaxing awesome spa/massage that you can avail in house...the awesome concierge service ..always ready to serve you....as a frequent traveler..I will give this hotel 7 stars for their services...felt so safe also...will definitely come back and spread my great experience 😀😀😀👍👍👍great job to all !!!

Great deal for the high quality room!
    • Deluxe Room

The room service needs more attention. A lot could’ve been done better.

We had a special needs person with us, so they were super helpful and upgraded us to a bigger room

It was good.
    • Deluxe Room

The aircon and bedsheets should be improved.

We like the omellete and cinnamon roll served in buffet breakfast, and also the swimming pool with temperature regulator :)

Good comfortable place to stay for a business trip to Doha (in between West bay / City centre)
    • Deluxe Room

Great place and value for money, the staff serves in the proper 5 star way and is very friendly and helpful. The facilities are good, sauna, steam, jacuzzi and pool and the breakfast is splendid. Location is a little off (non west bay no city-centre) but worth compared to price and comfort.

It was amazing experience thank u
    • Deluxe Room

The first room they gave it to us iwhich is room 219 so smelly. Me and my fiancée we smells like something really so bad from the bed and from the toilet so we ask the reception to transfer us to another room thank God they transfer us immediately:)

I can avail my GENIUS membership late check out and the spa amazing.

• Deluxe Room

My family of 2 children ages 21/2 , 6 and my husband enjoyed our stay . Very friendly staff and very professional . I rate the hotel 5 stars and next time we visit Doha we will stay here.

For good service, go elsewhere
    • Deluxe Room

The staff really let the whole experience down. Upon arrival I requested specifics recommendations for restaurants that could deliver to the hotel. The reception provided nothing on this apart from mentioning that they exist. Upon check-out I requested the possibility to pay in USD, the exchange rate quoted was about 10% worse than what one can get at the airport - especially keeping in mind that the Qatari Rial is pegged to the USD this seems like an unnecessary way to insult business travelers. Following this they informed me that the hotel had not ordered a normal taxi to the airport but a hotel taxi. After spending almost ten minutes back-and-forth on why they didn't properly organise this the night before it then turned out that the price of for the hotel taxi (which is a nicer car) is actually the same price as the normal taxi. Staff communications with clientele could really use an upgrade.

The hotel has decent rooms that are well-equipped and clean.

It was fine for 2 nights!

I booked a family room only to be surprised at having two small tiny connected rooms together! When we were expacting to have a bigger room since is was stated as a “family room “ I booked asking for a room on high floor however i was on the same for of the swimming pool and right infornt of it. The windows had to be closed with an outside shatter so or we would see people swimming letterly 3 steps away from us. Therefore we were stuck with no sunshine whats so ever. We had to pay before entering the rooms and had to pay an additional 600 RQ that was not mentioned in the bill. And the restaurants available are highly overpriced and taste Terrible! The room phone didn’t work and the bathroom was not clean when we entered!

I liked that the staff were very friendly and responded quickly.

Not shoud be represent as the 5 stars hotel....
    • Deluxe Room

Fare from the place of interest as well as from airport,no any choce of restaurant to the hotel and also outsode too.I asked organize my transfer via booking and by email but without any answer, despite that i pay for 2 night and stay only a litle bit more than 24 h,to the room was eqiupped for the 1 person, despite i was reserved and pay for 2 prsons.

interesting hall design,very helfull staff,which was so pleased to organaze complimentary transfer to airport from the hotel,ad was extremely helpfull during the stay.

Bad hotel
    • Deluxe Room

Very bad hotel first they give me the rooms late after 4 pm Second I got tow connected rooms they give me one while the other be ready after one hour they give me the second one after I receive the second room by 30 min I found maintenance guy in my room fixing something without I know Third thing when I am asking for my car they are taking 30 min to prepare it Last thing I ordered breakfast only club sandwich from 7:30 and I receive it at 9:30 It's really bad experience and I will not repeat it again

Review
    • Family Room

Basement parking is so small and quite dark, signage are confusing. However, jacuzzi is nice but we cannot use it due the temperature of the water is so hot. The pool is also great, but there are some small debris of tiles in the floor. Which needs some cleaning.

The hotel rooms are clean and the staff are friendly.

It was an excellent experience compared to other comparable hotels we have stayed in other countires
    • Family Room

Buffet has same price for all of us, should consider separate pricing for kids.

We left early at 5:00 AM, so don't know about breakfast, bur room service was excellent. Staff were very respectful and nice, I was very impressed.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Pleasant stay in Doha
    • Deluxe Room

Pool area needs to have something special comparing with the hotel. Massage service very expensive although I had use it.

Confort, localization and luxury. Great Breakfast Huge Bedroom!

Excellent choice for business stay.
    • Deluxe Room

Dine in menu should be improved and to be slightly less expensive! Lack of department stores and restaurants near the hotel is a big disadvantage and leaves with guests no other choices.

Everything was just perfect!

We like the place-- neat and sophisticated: almost...
    • Family Room

Staff in the pool. (juice bar staff??!) My son got hurt in the swimming pool; he hit his feet by sharp object (i think the pool's tiny tiles were sharp and not aligned) we went to the juice bar room( no assigned medical staff but he was treating 1 child who's foot also bleeding from the pool) to ask for dressing so we can do by ourselves. We asked if he has betadine coz that won't hurt that much compared to alcohol, he just sarcastically told nothing. So we asked if he could give us 2 band aid -- for us to cover the wound after compressing the right and left foot mild bleeding. He looked at us, so sullen with disagreeable mood as if he owns the band aid...We showed the bleeding wound, then finally gave what we asked... We actually have dressing kit in our room, otherwise we won't come up to him for anything! I dunno what more to say...we don't need somebody to pamper us but at least he can show little sensitivity, that's it that all!

We like the place-- neat and sophisticated: almost everything is beautiful!

Everything is awesome except the pool which is ubder maintenance.
    • Deluxe Room

The pool was under maintenance. And i've checked in just because i want to swim There and relax. So i ended up sleeping like i am just at home.

The staffs are very friendly and accommodating. Facilities are awesome.

Room was nice clean staff at front desk was professional...
    • Deluxe Room

Room service needs improvement as requested to have spaghetti wz bolonez sauce order taker mentioned that he feedback but non later on requested for orange juice only came in water glass small wz charge 30i think !!!

Room was nice clean staff at front desk was professional (antashua&mohaned) and helpful

• Deluxe Room

Staff are duty centric rather than customer centric which understandably shall hinder your experience

The location was central.... convenient to get to anywhere from the Hotel

A good chain with reputation. The service at the reception was the best and late chek out was offere
    • Deluxe Room

Taxis were not available and had to be called. With 4 and 5 star hotetls taxis are alaways available on location.

Breakfast was good with variety of food.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Deluxe Room

Room overlooking the pool was a little noisy. Curtains were not 'black out' so it was light in the room at night with pool lights on. Nothing within walking distance of the hotel, unless you need the hospital. Traffic at the junction made it very difficult to drive to or get away from in rush hour. Hotel is dark and dated furniture/fittings.

Comfortable bed

Instead of booking you a taxi, they offer their own driving...
    • Deluxe Room

Instead of booking you a taxi, they offer their own driving service which is much more expensive. ( I was said that the taxi service was not available ) When I stayed there, the pool was being renovated. This information was not given during booking.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Amazing and Beautiful hotel
    • Deluxe Room

There was no Muslim shower in the bathroom or a pot

I love the boutique setting of the hotel. The room, hallways and everywhere in the interior of the hotel is designed extremely well.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Great value for money, nice location.
    • Deluxe Room

Swimming pool was closed due to renovation, room service could have been better!

Great value for money, nice location. This is a non alcoholic hotel, choose accordingly to avoid last minute surprises! Staff is courteous & friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Very nice place :)
    • Deluxe Room

The reception lady was not very helpful and the breakfast can be improved, as i stayed for 2 weeks and there is not much variety during the stay and you can get bored of the same stuff.

I have become a regular of wyndham as this is my 5th stay here. Daemon and Slava are excellent at front desk and Michael at reception always provides extra support to help enhance your stay. I would highly recommend this hotel for the facilities like, sauna, steam, gym and pool (but the staff told me pool would be closed for renovation during april 2017, so check before booking).

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

nice staff
    • Deluxe Room

improve the breakfast menu. The Bathroom needs maintenance, and also need a curtain because the water spills out in the flour after taking a shower.

nice staff

Very Good and Central location

No Bars in the hotel Traffic around the hotel

Big and Clean Rooms Breakfast Buffet is nice Internet is fast and free Value for money The Piano Cafe at the Lobby is very nice

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Not considered as 5 star ( its consumable hotel, very old and not clean)
    • Deluxe Room

old hotel, small rooms, not a clean room specially the bed ( there were some spots on the duvet and i call the room service to bring new and they came fast ) the bathroom is not that much clean ( consumable bathroom )

Fast parking, fast check in and out and fraindly staff and room service

Recommended stay
    • Deluxe Room

Please check before you book in April, as I have heard the pool will be closed during the month. Which is one of the highlights of the hotel. Also I am a bit disappointed with the breakfast, as it has not really improved in the variety till now.

I have stayed here a few times and it has been a mixed experience. But thanks to Michael at reception who always gets me upgraded for last couple of times to a suite and Daemon and Slava at front desk/concierge it has been really good experience. Highly recommended for people as the hotel is very good.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

Very Good hotel but the Info Counter Staff needs improvement in dealing with hotel clients
    • Deluxe Room

The location of the reception counter is quite confusing for those who are coming for the first time and not familiar with the hotel set up. The staff in the info counter is not that welcoming and honestly, I'm quite disappointed with how she told us somewhat rudely that the reception is there at the right side upon entering.

The bed is very comfortable and the room is very good.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Amazing Hospitality, Great Staff, Royal feeling
    • Deluxe Room

Rooms are comparatively small. There was not much space for an extra bed in the room.

Reasonable price for a Wyndham Chain. Very hospitable and patient help desk guys. Overall Nice ambiance and atmosphere. We got complimentary fruits from reception people which we finished in less than a minute

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

nice hotel with a soso location
    • Deluxe Room

the place was very cold. It was about a 45 minute walk to the market and promenade. and there is nothing around the hotel. The restaurants were a little expensive for the little food they served.

comfortable room, good breakfast

DONT EVER COME TO THIS HOTEL TRUST ME
    • Deluxe Room

The bed duvet was so thin The tv table was all glow under the glass looked dirty The worst ever is the kettle is black and burned And the worse every time the water boils it has a yucky toilet smell - the room service let the glasses dirty and didn't remove it or change it - the door and bed wood was all scratched - the carpet is so old and has a big circle ball looked like a coffee spiked from long time - the mini bar has normal staff not the best choices - the toilet wash metal is not fixed nicely kept falling down - the view was bad just a wall felt like in prison - the reception Arabic lady didn't wellcome us at all felt like I was talking to my self and she's forced to help me!! - I told the reception lady to give me a room with decoration colors like I saw on booking she didn't answered me although I asked 3 time The fourth time she said no one can tell which room type is that!! I told her if you are a professional you should know on which level is the room color I want - the reception coffee man didn't come to take our order and after 10 minutes he said the previous lady will come back to table please chose another table! After that we changed and he never came to ask about out order - the room Air condition was not accurate Any temperature I chose it will be soo cold Kept playing with all temp degree it's all the same Kept opening and closing AC all day because this issue

The staff opening the doors

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

The property is nice and clean with a good location
    • Deluxe Room

People at the reception are a cold lot, somebody should teach them how to smile. I felt as if they were doing me a favour by checking me in or out, courtesy was lacking totally. They gave a early check in as requested but smoking room and a double bed as requested were not there. I was told that I will be shifted to a smoking room in the evening when I come back from meetings. Requested at least four times for the change in the evening but nothing arranged. I don't think they give much weight age to Booking.com. I did not feel like giving my Wyndham membership Num but eventually did so. Last stay in this Wyndham

The property is nice and clean with a good location

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Rooms need renovation and more attention to the lobby interior.
    • Deluxe Room

First i stayed in executive room, which was big and well furnished. Then I moved to deluxe room which was small with older furniture and had bad smell. Executive room was nice but is overpriced compared to the deluxe room (double the rate)! Toilets need more attention especially the flooring. In room dining menu is poor and overpriced, additionally food doesn't worth the cost. The concierge staff need more training. No attraction within a walking distance.

Flexible in check out time, close to shopping mall.

Faster service... Frequent guest.

Faster service.

The sheets are old, with holes. Not enough supplies like toiletries, bathrobes, slippers. I booked for 2,obviously they should provide 2 pairs or sets. I needed to call the front desk and housekeeping from time to time.

Browse Wyndham Grand Regency Doha traveller photo gallery