Reviews of La Villa Hotel 2 stars

Gold Market Close To Hamad Street 6 Ibn Oqeel Street, Doha, Qatar

#105 of 117 hotels in Doha

6.1

Should be more safe to noisy the top can here the people is we talk in in side room the bed comfier is need to change TV no internat.

Less price and beautiful counter sofa

There location is very bad .in room is not clean properly. Wc is like 50 years old..room set up is not good.dnd sing is very dirty. And more then thing...

Kitchen order took long time and room cleanliness are not to standard

Location of property is perfect, reservation staffs were great , housekeeping staff, guest service great I will becoming back soonest

The room condition is poor. There was no door in the shower or a curtain at least so the whole bathroom gets wet when you take a shower. I got locked twice in the bathroom because of a defective lock and despite a request, it was not fixed. The only solution was for us to move to a different room which. On the new room, one of the two beds has a cracking sound whenever you try to lie down or even when you move while on the bed. It also has a half sized cabinet hanged on the wall and not enough for me and my colleague to share so we kept most of out things in our luggage. I requested for an additional pillow twice but was not granted. There was only one pillow per guest so I had to roll up my towel to be used as a second pillow.

the staff are courteous to guests.

I reached @ sharp 7pm according to my mentioned time which i had described in my form also. But they refused my booking initially. And the reason they said was more surprising, i had not given my credit card details.As far as i remember there were not space for my credit card details to be filled. Later on they provided a twin bed room. Which was not what i expected. More disappointing were cleanliness of bed cover. A white bed cover with lots of dirty spots and remaining hair fall. However i am not so complaining person. I am writing it coz it was my 12th stay at la villa. Last one was the worse and need lots of courage to visit there again.

Good breakfast.

The Wi-Fi was a no no for me. Didn't enjoy it a bit. There was no slippers in the bathroom and I constantly had to walk in stagnant water from my previous shower cos d bathroom was not well drained. They could do better with the breakfast I think.

The staff were polite and d location was spot on.

Rooms can be bit bigger...but we can't expect everything under the sun by paying the lowest price in the market

Very low in price. Hazzle free and friendly staff. Don't expect great ambience and stuff at this price...definitely worth for the money we paid.

Rude staff from reception area and security guard Sri Lankan/Indian guy at night shift. No visitors allowed, I asked for manual about the policy but they can't provide. Noisy air con. Dirty room wall at Room 303. They don't change bed sheet full of stains. We did not sleep & transfer to another hotel immediately, they don't give refund. Worst hotel in Doha, big shame in hospitality industry. They don't care about there guest & visitors at all. Not recommended!

I have lost my two USB inside my room. The management should conduct more extra precaution to prevent it to happen again in the future. Provide some freshener

Accessible to transportation and establishment

The room has bedbugs. Didnt able to sleep and rest the whole night because of this. Bathroom complimentaries not complete.

The staff were ok but not that accommodating.

The room is pretty small and there isn't much space to put the suitcase The breakfast isn't very good, and I wouldn't recommend it

The location is good if you like to be near the Souq and the Cultural Centre for Islamic Arts Staff is friendly and tried their best to give me an early check-in

- only Morning traffic to reach west bay

- Perfect place to stay - Close to corniche And museum - Very welcoming team - Great people, always ready to help - Best indian restaurant beside the Hotel

Smoking floor is mixed I hope they separate them because of that I have got sore throat. Also the staff behaviour was very rude and no manners. Room have small Cockroaches.

In a good location near souq waqif and not far from the sea

The staff was rude, we booked a non-smoking room but were assigned a smoking room that smelled terribly like cigarettes, the room was dirty and moldy, the door was unlocked after we went out and the water for the shower did not even get warm. We ended up leaving early because we could just feel the judgement and distain in the air and we wanted to get out of there as soon as possible.

Free breakfast is a plus! In the first room, there was a bit problem so the reception quickly changed a new room for me. Service is top! i really recommend this hotel

Room very small Washroom not well manager No face towel or hand towel in washroom No Toilet paper as well No shampoo or conditioner TV - only 1 channel was working

I book for double room for 170 but they charge me extra 130 of which my partner didn't for the night. She was even complaining.

The bed OK but they didn't decorate it as I told and the sitting room not clean too dust.

Beds were old and springs were visible outside which is damaging my night suites and caused me back pain. Ventilation is very poor as the smoke from cigarette will be inside the room for atleast 4 hours. Worst part is complementary water, we are 2 pax in the room and we are provided only 2 500ml water bottles per day. For the last 2 days of my stay we didn't receive nothing. I express my interest for extending for 3 more days, the reception lady asked for deposit even it is other currency. Single tea will cost you 6 qar while outside cost is just 1 qar. Here comes the wifi part, signal strength is good but internet is very slow. If you want to get some printout of documents, they will charge you 0.50 qar which is not worth paying for. The printer need to be maintained as all the documents they print will have black patches.

I like the location of the property as it very close to kara bus station and gold souq.

Find bed bugs..

Our stay will disappointment when we find out that the pillow covers not change because we find out blood stains and got surprised when we found bed bugs...

The breakfast just sucks. Uncooked and bland rice, cut-up fried sausages, fruit plate with the plastic wrap still on with the date label on it, least choice of food, Chef please step up your game, you are kind at heart, the man the food. The shower, it floods the whole toilet. Fix that. The smoke detector, it flashes like a beacon in the dark, change that. The doors, just isn’t safe.

Public relations of the staff. We were treated by all staff very well.

The property is really old probably the first La Villa in Qatar. The room showed signs of time and was infested with roaches. I had to buy an insecticide to get rid of them. The breakfast was mediocre. It's 2017 yet the hotel looked 1980's. But considering the price I paid for 5 nights, I'd let it go for all the incoveniences. Would I stay there again? It's a firm NO.

There wasn't anything here to like per se except for the location.

The single bed and the noise from the opposite room.

Apartment was spacious. Internet connection was good. Breakfast was given free if though it was not supposed to be. I appreciate that so much. Hotel has the about the highest value for money. Toilet was clean, and toiletries were sufficient. I had a great stay.

The staff is overwhelmingly good but that does not mean that the place itself was equally good. I also booked the Dynasty hotel but i left it as of the unwelcoming sort of an attitude from the guy at reception.

I COULD NOT SEE THE HOTEL UNTIL I ASKED. THE NAME IS ONLY SHOWING ON ONE DIRECTION. WHEN COMING FROM THE BACK,THERE IS NO NAME

I BOOKED INSTANTLY BECAUSE OF MY SITUATION. I MISSED MY FLIGHT. WHAT I LIKED WAS, I DID NOT USE A TAXI WHICH IS EXPENSIVE. I USED A BUS WHICH DROPPED ME A STREET AWAY FROM THE HOTEL. IT IS AT EASY REACH

Better car park provision. Also the price differential between 2 persons and 1 person for same room is minimal. This may be looked into.

Helpful staff. Good Location.

Staff, lack of towels & not accepting requests for additional ones.

Internet was the only saving grace & the ability to order directly from the nearby restaurants. Rooms have homely feel.

The TV channels do not subscribe to Indian Channels which was a major disappointment. There is no working table as such. In my room the TV was on the working table.

Courteous and ever friendly staff.

Staff were extremely helpful, friendly and pleasant. Hotel is only minutes away from the magnificent Souq Waqif. Room is very comfortable and has all the amenities you need. Terrific value for money. Would definitely come back.

We book Twin bed room, and find out just one towel.. we request for additional towel since we are 2,, they said that they said "Ok", but it doesn't and we keep asking it for 3times until the third time they said that they dont have extra towel.. just wondering that twin b3droom must have 2 towel right?...

Room was not clean, smelled bad, and was too small. I found this hotel on a couple different sites and they advertised car rental on the spot. I asked about car rental both in initial email and when I arrived. There was no response in the email and then they said it was not possible until the afternoon since it was Friday. I did a quick google search and found THREE rental places open at the time. They said they would look but never did. The breakfast was limited and over priced as was the airport shuttle.

Location was pretty close to Souk Waqif and the Corniche.

both room i got, the mattress have stain and even not clean well as some hair of the previous tenant still there. The Television on my first room is not working good and the channels are less

well on my sister room 308 the A.C is very Cold, and the water temperature is superb

Bed sheets and pillow covers could have been cleaner.

I stayed 15 nights while on my business trip and overall this hotel is good in that range. Recommended.

The bed was hard a little bit. If you are searching for luxury, don't choose this hotel!

Helpful staff , really good breakfast, central location, low price comppare other hotels.

Shower tap was not working well in my room.

Location is just few streets away from new Golden market and Souq Wagif-old bazaar. Try to book their airport pick up beforehand, it has a reasonable price in comparison with other taxi services outside of the airport. I liked breakfast sooo much! there is refrigerator in the room. they provide also shower utilities to use.

WiFi not working, complete confusion regarding my reservation as I was booked for 2 nights then away for a night then back to the hotel for a night. I paid for all 3 nights together, but they then booked me in for 3 consecutive nights, instead of 2 + 1 even tho I showed them my separate booking confirmations, they wouldn't accept it was 2 nights plus 1 night later in the same week and have now posted a "no show" against me. Very disappointed

It's convenient for my purpose

Room's walls were with lot of dirty marks, gave a disgusting feeling. Insects were in the bed & bath rooms. Broken lobby marble floors. Property badly need a renovation.

Friendly Staff. WiFi - faster one

Not a good experience. AC was not getting cold on the second night, maintenance did not know what to do with it. Door key stuck on the door and they kept our room open the whole day while we're out with all our things inside. I know it's a cheap hotel, I just didn't expect it to be terrible. :(

the weather is enormously everywhere in Doha

it's so nice to rest and stay for a while for a long trip..La Villa i can recommend with someone else. Keep up the good service.

Would like to have had tea/coffee making facilities in room.

Really friendly and helpful front desk staff. Location was good once I had worked out surroundings and easy to walk to some main attractions. The hotel is quite tall and together with an even taller adjoining building, stands out easily from a distance. So this makes it easy to find your way back when walking to places such as Souq Waqif and the harbour front.

service is good, but the room is not the same in the picture i thought is the same..sorry for my reaction..

the place is not good and in the evening i heard a noisy

I asked twice for the toilet sprayer to be fixed but nobody came; I never bothered to ask again. And food items for the free breakfast were never refilled; you have to come early or else there will be none left.

The front office and housekeeping staff were very helpful and friendly

They charge me extra even though one of the employees did it in addvance and they dont manage same information. Also they dont inform about visitors are not allow

I hav3 a complain regarding to their kitcken staff who is absolutely no manners,dirty,dont give receipts for orders,dont give changed,and who ask me why i am naked inside my own room which i have the right to do whatever i wanted to do inside my room,he is focusing on me everytime he send my orders and arogantly ask me why i am naked inside my own room,,i have complained this server to the manager and even the hotell group manager and the first day of my complain they ask me not to send it first to plice the issue because they will investigate the staff or what ever happens in their hotel,but after that the lier and very professional manager is in tolerance and in fabor of the rude staf,i am their regular guest which i stay alamost 3 times a week or more but it was realky disgusting,the management doesnt care about their customer and there is no customer service done in a proper way.this hotel was so freakin not good,because based on my experience they will not help u when ur have been agreviated by someone especiallly inside their poor hotel,they have just destroying their image to people which is happens to me at all.guys be carefull of their kitchen staff who is maniac and lier.

Receptionis are best of the best

We arrived at 3am and were told that only 2 rooms with double beds were available. Informed the staff that I had booked a twin room and a single room. Was told we don't guarantee twin beds. Despite me having email confirmation of such. After a few minutes of back and forth, he eventually put us in a suite. Not what you want to be doing at 3am when you have a conference at 8am.

Closeness to the venue of our conference and souq waqif

I think your shower room is very small and uncomfortable.

The location of this hotel is very good. Near to restaurant and most importantly is near to Souq Waqif. The staff is good and very friendly. Breakfast is moderate and save for money.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

There's nothing to like there stuff at the hotel so rude one of the worst hotel I ever been there

There's nothing to like there stuff at the hotel so rude

Room was nothing special but had everything I needed for a comfortable stopover in Doha between flights. Buffet breakfast was fine. No problem checking in at 5 am and checking out late at 2 pm. Convenient location in the city but with easy access to airports.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

The room was very dusty as there is a lot of construction near the hotel with a railway being put in. Bathroom had a very bad leak causing water to pool on the floor, making it slippery & dangerous. Room was only made up for 1 person so only 1 towel & bed linen did not fit the Queen sized bed! Although there was a kitchenette there were no glasses, cutlery or crockery. Hotel itself is in a back street and streets are not on a grid system so it is a little hard to find when you are on foot.

Although we arrived very early in the morning we were able to have a room almost straight away. Staff were extremely helpful. Room was spacious and bedroom separate from TV area which was great if someone needed extra sleep. Convenient to Souq Waqif and the Hop on Hop off bus. An enjoyable stroll to Corniche & Islamic Art Gallery.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

The mattress was very hard (although I quite liked it, most wouldn't). The shower was very small. There was no view (but as my stay was so short, it was an insignificant issue for me)

The staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful. The shuttle service (from the airport and back) they put on was also extremely good. The breakfast was basic, but satisfactory, and very filling (some hot items as well as a basic Continental breakfast choices, too).

-the air condition noisy. -bug

- If u want to safe, this is perfect hotel for you. -The stuff is always present at the front desk and ready to help. -its better for short stay. -10 to 15 min from the airport. Near to: - Doha bus station - Souq waqif - Musume of islamic art - Corniche

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

To be honest no one has asked me for my marriage certificate when i travel with my wife. I was very shocked but they had mentioned this in the hotel policy which i didnt notice at all. They made it look as though i was indulging in some sort of illegal activity which was very embarassing. First we were told off by the bell boy Kumar(extremely rude) and later by the counter staff Santosh. We stayed at a vey nice hotel later on the same night. To other travellers who arent single, if you want to stay here, please bring ur marriage certificate 😂😂 but one decent part was that they didnt charge me on my pre authorized card.. that was the least bit of deceny which they could have done which im glad they did. My recommendation is to please book at a slightly more expensive hotel and avoid a lot of unnecessary bad service. Im never going to book at the cheapest place again.

They refunded my money.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

I arrived late for a small sleep while in transit and had a horrible time. The bed was so unconfortable I could not sleep and the shower was totally broken so impossible to wash. The price of a bedroom there is scandalous considering the look and conditions of the place

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

2 ppl stay but there was only one bath towel. And No math mat.

Location. But there are 2 la villa hotel. So all the time taxi driver confused and drove us another la villa hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

The bathroom in the bowl itself it has stain.Only little but much better if totally clean.

Food.Biryani Fish is the best for me but during lunch time not available :(

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

- Location - Bathroom - TV - Construction site next to the hotel (Bad noises in the morning) - The bed is so uncomfortable - Really old noisy ACs

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Reception took 120 dollars instead of 110 for 2 nights. They gave complimentary drinking water only after I told to reception.

Breakfast was good. Staff waz polite.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Even though the breakfast was a part of the package, was told that it was not included....!!!

Was initially given a bad room but then changed it to a good 1

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

In the bath the shower did not work and hot water taps were had to be put on by staff as was not available directly. Also the service guy made the room dirty and no mats in room even

Breakfast and eagarness of staff to help and sort out issues

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

My room was very small. The bathroom (especially the shower) was pretty beaten up and had many shoddy repairs. The unmovable shower head shot its water towards the glass door that wouldn't shut. Therefore every shower taken flooded the bathroom. At least there was a drain on the bathroom floor. Overall it was a good stay especially for the price and location seeing as this is a 2 star hotel. Few minor adjustments could make the stay perfect.

Very good location just 5 mins from Souq Waqif and 10 mins from Museam of Islamic Art. The staff is always present at the front desk and ready to help. Affordable if compared to Doha's Hotel rates.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

I know the hotel is near a Sandy building site but there were too many insects in the room for my liking. I don't like 'visitors' or 'guests' on holiday unless they are bringing with them a nice, chilled bottle of Prosecco! Fantastic location, however.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Breakfast. It is Ok in this cost but to improve the breakfast, should keep the hot milk for tea.

Near to the old market. Parking space is near to the Hotel. It is better for a short stay. Good staff.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

The ambiance you have displayed in your website is not at all correct. I believe, you have to show its real pictures in the website therefore, you can avoid bluffing people. The surroundings are horrible.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

The bed bug's and Roaches and too much noise plus I got feeling someone watching me over nothing I got redness on my skin... I think they should pay me to stay here not I pay them..

Nothing so far .

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

The air conditioner is very noisy... The minibar needs to be clean... The airport transfer fee must be fair not 85 QAR for two ways trip!

That is a 2 stars hotel anyway and your expectations should be in that range! It is normal that it does not have a lot of facilities that a 5 stars hotel, for instance, has!

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

There was no toothbrush/toothpaste, need to request for slippers and everytime we go there we always wait for the vacant room whereas we had booked ahead of time, why need to wait?

It is very affordable and the location is accesible

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

First of All they charge me from my credit card before i check in or i cancelled which i find it strange . The Internet is very weak and i have to log in every time i use I know i got it cheap but proof to me the saying "buy cheap you get Cheap" I think the hotel is in great location but needs redesigning like there was a wall between the lifts and the rooms Corridor,

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

The place is not very fancy, quite plain and dingy, all fairly average but for the price it was perfectly decent.

It served a function as a place to stay, wouldn't say it was anything special but it did the job and the sheets were crisp and clean. Good location for Islamic art museum, corniche and Souq waqif

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

- Rooms are very small, there is no much spaces in the room. - Hot water was not available or maybe some problems, but i set my notes to the reception many times and every day, but still not coming hot water. - no parking in the hotel just find park out side the hotel.

- The location of the hotel was very nice to me; very close to my destination, markets, Suq Waqif, Corniche, ..etc - staff was good and helpful. - The room was clean. - The cost of the rooms are good.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The smell in the hotel is awful. Smells like some dead rotten animals hidden somewhere. They take advance money, because they know that people will run away.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

the room at la villa hotel as a double room was a single converted to Double.

Arranged a stay at la villa palace el since the room given at la villa hotel was small.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

The hotel says it has free car parking - this is actually car parking in a vacant plot which gets very busy over the weekend, meaning there is no guarantee that you will find a place to park. The owner could also find some money to replace the broken furniture and buy new linen!

The location is good.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Iam a regular traveller to qatar. The room was so smelly. Bed was so hard that i got a pain in my neck. And small room. There are very good comfort at other hotels with more or less same rate. Even i saw cockroaches roaming inside the room. The entire room was very bad. I had a very bad experience that i have to look for other hotel the next day.

Unless like other hotels. The cost of food were cheap.and good wifi signal.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

For the couple room it should have 2 towels..no toothbrush and toothpaste..no lotion and blower and the bed is very hard..the tv is blocking the mirror

Very affordable room rates and foods...

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

The tv Reception was so bad

I like the the hotel because it's very affordable and clean at the same time. But i hope the breakfast buffet have more variety

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Our room is not that nice especially the CR, I think we should have been given a chance to choose a better one with same price and privileges since we made the reservation early.

A change of menu 2 or 3 times a week would be better for the guests.

Browse La Villa Hotel traveller photo gallery