Reviews of Mövenpick Hotel Doha 4 stars

Corniche Road, Doha, Qatar

#85 of 116 hotels in Doha

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

It was disappointing.

The swimming pool was closed both days and we were not told this when checking in. One of the reasons was for the children to relax and swim in the pool, very disappointing. We were offered to go to the other movenpick to use their pool but after much being told many different times to go, we finally went at 2pm. The pool at the other hotel was cold and disappointing, although the views were good. Also, there was a banging noise underneath our rooms for hours from 8am onwards both days which was not the perfect way to relax when there is no pool to use. I mentioned this to reception but nothing was done about this. The AC in one of the rooms was not working very well and was not fixed after I asked.

The staff were friendly and nice to the children on arrival.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

the staff are good
    • Superior King Room

Pool is outnof service. There is a problem with our booking and we are just informed during breakfast time , a day after of our arrival.

the staff are good

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Easy walk or taxi to Museum of Islamic Art and Souq Waqif
    • Superior Twin Room

Lunch and dinner were tasty but quite expensive. Even basic water, given free in our room, was charged 13QAR at lunch!

Arriving in time for Chocolate Hour was a bonus. Staff were friendly and helpful. Room and beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was substantial and tasty. We really appreciated a late afternoon checkout for an evening flight

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The staff and service made everything a wonderful stay thank you all for what you do!
    • Superior King Room

Parking is not dedicated for the hotel it is street parking around the property and there was construction all around. Carpets were old and starting to look worn out and the hallway had slight smell.

Overall our stay was great the staff made everything memorable for our anniversary! We would definitely come back. Everyone we interacted with made sure we were taken care of and happy.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Nothing really
    • Superior King Room

The staff is not good even if you call by phone they will not answer you and once you call by another line they will answer.i ask help and they ignore me also the view of the room was very bad even the swimming pool was very dirty Feathers and remnants of birds . Even we call them and they ignore us I advise anyone who want to book this hotel to change their mind and look for other hotel 👍

Nothing really

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Everything.
    • Superior King Room

Nothing. Everything was excellent !

Everything. The staff were very friendly & extremely helpful. We arrived at 2 am after booking in transit. The car that we requested when booking was waiting for us.our room was upgraded to a suite which was spacious and very comfortable. Would definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

A pleasant stay
    • Business Suite

No indoor car parking, dusty, restricted drop off area (with no valet parking). Furnishings a bit dated.

Spacious room (Business suite). Comfy bed, Good restaurant and food options in-house. Helpful service staff.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Great price, nice hotel, friendly staff but the room they gave me had maintenance issues.
    • Superior Twin Room

The room had maintenance issues. The room was clean, the bed comfortable but I needed to rest and could not sleep due to the toilet cistern being on constant flow. Some people like the calming effect of running water - I am not one of those people. The second issue that I had with the room was that the shower head sprayed water beyond the glass door fitted to the bath tub and so it made the floor of the bathroom wet and slippery. It was a real hazard when stepping out of the shower. I could have called down to Reception and asked for another room but I was so tired I just wanted to sleep. I would stay in this hotel again but in a different room.

On arriving at the hotel the Receptionist staff were friendly and helpful. I was even offered a free upgrade to the original room that I selected. I accepted the upgrade as I already had a great deal for the price.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Old furniture , windows are not clean , gym has not enough...
    • Superior King Room

Facility is no rich to the famous name of Movenpick hotels around the world ,, I had been to this hotel ten years ago , it was amazing and beautiful but now Im feeling sorry for it . I would like to visit this hotel again and see it better .

Old furniture , windows are not clean , gym has not enough equipments,, very bad view from gym window to dry park with garbage , corridor carpets need to wash immediately, musics needs to be added at the hotel , there is a broken seat at the swimming pool area that is unsafely, very limited car parking out side the hotel and there are no car parking underground !!

Staycation in doha
    • Superior King Room

Nothing. It was all worth it. My daughter enjoyed a lot and value for money is good.

The room cozy and comfortable. There are some snacks offered in the lobby which makes it more valuable to stay special to family with kids. Breakfast has a lot of variety and location is easy to go around the city.

Good staycation spot!
    • Superior King Room

They don't have a valet service or a decent parking space. If you will be checking-in with a car over the weekend, you better ride an uber or you'll end up wasting half an hour of your time looking for a parking spot. I didn't like the breakfast selection.

The staff were nice during my stay, offered me a complimentary drink which most hotels in Doha doesn't offer. The room service was good and pretty fast and the food was delish! Their food is not over-priced. I like how they keep a small rubber duck in case you end up having a me-time in the tub, Sometimes, simple touches makes big impression.

Good Hotel and have the potential to be a great one.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

No Parking, Broken curtains inside rooms. Lack of response when calling room service or front desk (it was high season and not enough staff). Must have deposit or pay immediately for food and drinks at the coffeeshop. The pool needs to be cleaned more often. Sawna control panel need to be substituted. Rooms furniture needs to be cleaned (sofas and chairs), it's not dirty it's just not cleaned properly. The room smell was not good when we checked in (Smoke and Alchohols) for a non smoking room, the room just needs to be ventilated properly. There was an Arabian recepcienest he wasn't very friendly unlike almost all the other staff (hospitality is about making customer comfortable and relaxed not making them to feel in dept for you because of a late check out, please get some hospitality training and phone call etiquette before your next promotion otherwise you will not help your employer or the industry). Some staff members needs English language pronouncing training (very few)

Most of the staff are friendly and very co-operative and helpful. Mr. Arone provided great upgrade (many thanks). House keeping is very good, clean, and responsive. Room space/area is good. Food is clean and good. I felt welcomed almost all the time.

It was ok

The reception he was very slow, he let us wait for more than 1 hour in order to get the key of the room, we request to check in at 2 pm, and we get the room key at almost 4 pm, it was horrible waiting in the hallway with a lot of noise of the children who is making the hallway like a park, one more thing we order room service oven roasted chicken, it was written it has vegetables and potato, however they served it with only potato....

The room it was good enough for the family, and the housekeeping girl she is amazing, she clean the room properly.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Good value for money
    • Superior King Room

It was crawded in Eid vacation, no enough seats around the pool, Check in process took long period

Hospitality Pool is in the shade most of the day Gym is nice Near to the Cornish Easy location to reach Nice clean rooms

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Good value for money
    • Superior King Room

It was crowded in the Eid vacation, and the pool with respect to the occupation is too high. Also we checked in 3.30 due to there was too many guests.

The room was clean, spacious, and neat.

Satisfactory; mainly because the timing of my stay was very less in the room as i was outside mostly

Only 2 floors were available out of 6. Others were under renovation or repair of some sort. I had to make a choice between ‘sea-view’ or ‘smoking’ room which could not be opted for together. This was quite a disappointment as this fact ought to be mentioned at the time of booking.

Room was comfortable generally and air conditioning was good too taking into account the scorching heat of Doha. Bar was nice too.

Excellent property for business travel
    • Superior Twin Room

The room that was provided to me was well maintained. Very courteous staff and it is a very quite property. Good internet connectivity across the building. Taxis were easily available on call.

The staff were friendly, the breakfast had a good variety...
    • Superior Twin Room

My daughter had an accident in the jacuzzi which led to the police and ambulance being called. The incident has been resolved and I believe the jacuzzi has been fixed. Needless to say, it tainted our stay at the hotel and we would think carefully consider staying at the hotel in the future.

The staff were friendly, the breakfast had a good variety and when we arrived a little early, the staff were very happy to allow us to have a cup of tea!

Good value for money, comfortable bed.
    • Superior King Room

Restaurant a bit pricey. Gym and sauna area disappointing, very old and not clean.

Nice hotel, good location. Big room with comfortable bed, lots of TV channels, really good value for money. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Very good breakfast.

Overall a very good experience would love to visit again.
    • Superior King Room

The bathroom door edges had water damage which is unpleasant to look at .

The Room Was clean overall and the staff were very friendly and co-operative.

You'll find peace and relax once your inside the hotel.
    • Superior King Room

There is no valet parking in the premises, just self-parking only.

Our over all experience was great, will definitely come back again in the near future...

Comfortable, location, staff and cleanliness 😘
    • Superior King Room

Nothing but window out side room 125 there were A/C unit and it was making noise. I was not disturb with noise but feel not good as its not standard of any good hotel.

Comfortable, location, staff and cleanliness 😘

I went late to sleep only but it was ok.
    • Superior King Room

Wash basin Tap, force was too much and too narrow water was coming out. Bath Shower force was too low. had to request for body lotion which is normally available in almost every hotel.

Room was good.

Old hotel, but well looked after with comfortable beds and very good breakfast.
    • Superior King Room

Gym and sauna facilities very old and not cleaned well, especially the sauna area is quite smelly. No Moevenpic ice cream available. "Western food" choice basically not available. The rate compared with new hotels in Doha seems to be a bit on the high side.

Very comfortable bed, big screen TV with a lot of channels. Very good breakfast, a lot of healthy choices. Locotion close to very nice souk. Friendly staff.

PLEASANT ,RELAXING AND COMFORTABLE

n/a

our stay was fantastic. the breakfast and food at night was really good.the staff were very pleasant and helpful,really nice to talk to.we found that that the hotel staff had really good manners ,which is very nice.this hotel is fantastic this is where i would stay again .thank you to all the staff for a pleasant stay best wishes. JOHN AND BARBARA OGDEN X

Convenient to Hamad International Airport, Souq Waqif and the Museum of Islamic Art
    • Superior King Room

While the tables in the lobby may suit those having coffee, guests nursing laptops or luggage will feel cramped.

Was impressed by the sincerity of the staff and their attention to detail. Our room was large and very comfortable. The hotel is situated close to the airport, making it ideal for late arrivals/early departures.

Nice hotel in good location for sightseeing, but with noisy neighbours at present.
    • Superior King Room

My room faced the newly built Hilton Double Tree, their rooftop bar plays loud music until 2am every night. Not at all sure how this is tolerated by any residents or businesses in this area! If you want to sleep before 2am then I suggest you request a room facing the Cornice.

Good location, a short walk from the Cornice and Souq Waqif. Plenty of free parking on the site. Nice size rooms, even though they are getting a little dated now. Friendly and helpful staff.

Perfect location close to all attractions, but below-bar quality of service and amenities.
    • Superior Twin Room

The bathroom door was rotten, and the marble was cracked or chipped at some locations. The Minibar was dirty. The furniture showed their age. To top it all, the in-room service was always late. I stayed in different Hotels before the offered the same (if not more) value and exceeded the quality of service and amenities by ten-fold!

It was a great value, great location close to all the local attractions in the middle of the city.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Very kind staff.
    • Superior King Room

Very, very, very noisy room because they gave us an apart located just under the room they were reformed, so after two requests we obtained to change, but the new one was very bad smelling.

Very kind staff. Good location close to the airport, the Corniche and Souq market.

Wonderful
    • Superior King Room

No supermarket, hypermarket, restaurant or food court around. Taxi not easily available.

Good location to visit Old Doha souk-Waqif, 10 mints walk.Reception helps booking Taxis for you. Airport drive is closeby. Islamic art museum & German Design is must visit & closeby.From there, nice panoramic view of West bay skyline.

I'm travelling about 9 months in a year in hotels, but never had such a bad experience like here.
    • Superior King Room

Behavior of the hotel after they poison me inside their restaurant with salmon. They propose even pay the fish that make me sick for 2 days. I lose all my appointments, I was forced to pay penalty of moving flight to an other day and pay one night more in this pseudo hotel as I was not able to go out of my room. Surelly I will not visit any Mowenpick hotel anymore. I did not feel like no an human being no guest in this hotel.

It was possible to open the windows.

Good and furitful.
    • Superior King Room

Hand spray position and tea kettle set kept in side minibar and person who does not use this facility would not know complementary tea making sets available in the room. It should be placed in table near to the wardrobe. No brush, paste and shaving set provided which is very standard in this type of hotel.

Good ambience and cooperative staff.

5.5
    Better to stay in a No star Quality hotel than to pay for the said Star raiting.
    • Superior King Room

I don't like it when I got a little mistake on my booking, but the hotel cant find consideration. I book it online, with over looking in no. Of Guest, but no one help me, I call immediately and asked an advice on how to change it but instead they don't do any thing about it, they are saying its because online booking. At the arrival they know that I call , they do nothing but collect additional payment. I am not saying that I don't have to pay additional, but the may consider that I call and email immediately when I find that I made mistake, they may give me consideration on adding a Guest , but Its not too big deal but I am not that comfortable, cos in the hotel policy I find it that 2 Guest allowed and additional charge for 3 , they advice me to book directly to them rather than booking online. Which I don't prefer so.

We really dream of a hotel get away with my husband in a nice classy hotel, to relax and have time together.

2 nights in a very nice hotel
    • Superior King Room

nothing. Please keep in mind that in Doha there are 3 different Mövenpick hotels.

Internet was OK, reception staff very friendly, did they job very quickly (check-in, check-out, call a taxi). Nice gym but I was to lazy to use it. Small swimm pool but enougt to swim and this I did. Nice jazzuzi as well. Close to Museum of Islamic Art. Soundproof windows - I have a view of a mosque and I've heard no sound.

The worst hotel in Qatar/Don't go Movebick Hotel
    • Superior Twin Room

Drunken people staying in the restaurant, no parking,bad rooms, only one restaurant,Wine bottles in reception and quredoors.very lazy staff, very bad food

I didn't like anything I wasted my money in this bad hotel Don't recommend to anyone The worst in qatar

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Very bad experience
    • Superior Twin Room

Check in took 30 minutes. We were treated like we were going to scam them. Their credit card machine did not work and I had to convince the receptionist to let us in. She called us 30 minutes later to come down and do the transaction. I never had to pay upfront it such hotels. We ordered milk and asked to pay for in in advance instead of writing it to our room. they guy came back at 10:30pm asking to pay again. Next morning, altough our booking.com reservation said 2 adults + 2 children. The lady at the restaurant said this is not what they see in their system and asked us to pay for my son.

nothing, stay away from this place

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Good location, friendly staff, great buffet breakfast, perfect for a short stay in Doha

Pool was a little small. And cold, but that was the time of year (March). Couldn't get inter-connecting rooms.

Friendly, helpful staff, especially Zareen. Managed to get an early check in and a late check out to suit our flights. If it's not too hot, the hotel was easy walking distance to the Islamic Art Museum, the Corniche and the Souq Waqif.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Superior Twin Room

The hotal next to it the night club songs are loud when you park you leason to loud noise

The location and the free car parking also it is near souq wa8f

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Charging extra
    • Superior Twin Room

I booked one room with two separate beds without breakfast and they charged me extra for second person. They told me I had to inform them earlier. Booking 1 room for 2 person does not mean anything for them.

Great stay
    • Superior King Room

I hope the constructing around the Hotel will be finished soon. Parking Situation

Thanks to Ms. Ikrame Front desk To Ms. Shiromi Housekeeping To Mr. Komuraiah.S and the nice Stuff

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Fantastik hotel, superb food, but bedroom attendant overbearing.

There was only one thing I was not happy about. The room attendant kept hanging around for a tip. I did not want him to perform any service and did not intend to tip him. Then he came into the room while we were in bed, asleep, to deliver a water bottle (we had not asked for). I did not like him in the room when we two women were there asleep. This has to stop!

I had ordered the hotel's transfer service from the airport. I liked that they met me and even though they still had to order the taxi, the Movenpick representative was there to take care of us until the taxi arrived. It was only a 15 min. drive to the hotel. I liked almost everything about the hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The hotel is okay for short stay or business trips.. not much luxury.
    • Superior Twin Room

We didn't have a great view from our room 2nd floor like in the photos on booking.com. The hotel had an old feel or smell to it. The Jacuzzi wasn't that warm and had bird feathers in it..

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The food was cooked well and very tasty. The location was perfect.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

3 star hotel, nice unless you're looking for something fancy.
    • Superior Twin Room

Each time I had breakfast my clothes smell as if I have sat inside of the kitchen + we got annoyed from the other guests a few times that could be drunk.. And even woke us up in the middle of the night twice and literally brought terror to my heart wondering if im actually safe in that hotel, which eventually resulted in me spending my last few nights in doha in an another hotel One more thing is that we booked a smoking room by mistake and couldnt change it and ended up needing medical assistance for not being able to breath from how much smoke i've inhaled from those walls, EVEN though i never had any problems in my respiratory system before.

Breakfast was nice, I hope there was a more variety though..

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

The bed was comfortable, the room was spacious as we paid...
    • Superior King Room

The manager didn't explain the hotels policy on airport transfers very well. I have since our stay read the fine print !!!

The bed was comfortable, the room was spacious as we paid for the upgrade with sea view.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Very comfortable staff with friendly and helpful staff
    • Superior King Room

The shower kept on breaking, the bath tub did not drain and the toilet was really difficult to flush

House keeping staff were incredibly friendly and service was very fast

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

-The hotel staff were friendly and understanding, they made...
    • Business Suite

Honestly I did not find any problem at all, there were no refreshments at the minibar but it didn't really matter since the service was available 24 hours.

-The hotel staff were friendly and understanding, they made arrangements for my wife and I since it was our anniversary. -the parking area is big and I easily find a spot near the entrance. -The service was excellent.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Not worth the money
    • Superior King Room

The pool was small. The front counter attendant made me pay at check-in. The steam room tiles were dirty n broken.

It was quiet. The breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

I like food

I like food

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

The Booking was king room, they gave me twin room, I was so...
    • Superior King Room

The Booking was king room, they gave me twin room, I was so tired so I didn't complain to the hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

It was a great experience. I would love to visit again

The breakfast and free WI-FI

staff and security were friendly and helpful

staff and security were friendly and helpful

Very good

AC not that cold

Over all a good stay
    • Superior King Room

Serious disturbance during resting hours due to renovation work happening.

Works at the hotel and no buffet restaurants as mentioned!
    • Superior Twin Room

Works at the hotel and no buffet restaurants as mentioned!

Clean, very comfortable bed and pillow, silence.

Early check in price

Clean, very comfortable bed and pillow, silence.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Close to airport, friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Double charged by booking.com

Close to airport, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

They didnt clean well the room

They didnt clean well the room

The hospitality

No parking available

The hospitality

Good
    • Superior King Room

Waiting for more than 1 and half hour despite of have advance booking.

Beds are comfy. Location is good.

The swimming pool filters were dirty and blocked, my kids...
    • Superior Twin Room

The swimming pool filters were dirty and blocked, my kids were swimming in a urine pond. Next day it was ok, they fixed it.

acceptable

Noisy out side

Acceptable for my stay

Moderate
    • Superior King Room

Things needed not complete You still need to call their attention

The bed

Fantastic
    • Superior King Room

Clean and condusive for family

No designated parking

No designated parking

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The swimming pool is very small
    • Superior King Room

The swimming pool is very small The guests brings food on swimming pool The guests down the pool with clothes

Good

Thanks

It's my 3rd visit always really enjoyable and feel at ease. Room upgrade and always happy staff
    • Superior King Room

Alcohol allowed in the restaurant

Staff are really friendly and provide an excellent service all round.

The card wasnit working

The card wasnit working

The hotel very nice and the restaurant

The hotel very nice and the restaurant Very very nice time Thank u ❤️

Better than anticipated
    • Superior King Room

The stay at the hotel was above expectations from all views , from location to staff and services provided .

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Staff was helpful

Small room

Staff was helpful

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Water from shower head was broken even after complain nothing changed and water hand base tap split
    • Superior King Room

Check in was fast and pool and jacuzzi are ok

Superb hotel, lovely place.
    • Superior Twin Room

More tea and coffee packets in room, but no issue, just rang for more.

Excellent room and facilities