Reviews of Retaj Al Rayyan 4 stars

P.O. Box 25556 Doha , Dafna, Diplomatic District, West Bay, 25556 Doha, Qatar

#48 of 117 hotels in Doha

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

bathroom flooded on the first day, the bath never drained away quickly and the last two days held water several inches deep. Poor lighting in the bathroom. The whole place is looking tired. Television reception was poor on all channels and a lack of watchable English speaking channels. They state no smoking in the building but the entire floor stank of cigarette smoke. Soft beds and generally clean enough. View of the water would of been nice if you could see through the window

omelettes were good.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Their dinner on 26/04/2018 were awful. I am a person who can eat anything to taste the best but everything I tasted their only 2 or 3 bites from each selected item on buffet was not fresh, tasteless even their salad was not fresh. Don't know how to share exactly what I felt. Out of 10 I will rate their dinner buffet 2 just because of their staff behaviour.

Breakfast buffet was just amazing

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

I hated the elevator, its too small and makes you claustrophobic! Living on the 10th floor that was difficult flight everyday!

My stay was super calm and peaceful, easy check-in, good breakfast, friendly staff, clean room, Great View of the creek! Since the property is in diplomatic hub, it's right in the middle of the City, Katara and Pearl Qatar are as far away as the Museum and Souq!

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Check in experience was the worst, no one to pick up my luggage, no one to explain the hotel facilities, just give me the key n left me with the luggage nowhere. Swimming pool is not clean, timing was very strange, separate timing for ladies and men so I was not able to go with my wife to the pool. Jacozy was not working, no one was there to operate it. Food varities were very poor.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The smell of cigarette smoke in the corridors and my room My complaints were not take seriously When I was eventually moved to a new room it was late on my second night the result was that I did not have a full nights sleep

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

I had to ask, on several occasions for new towels and bath room amenities. Once I requested the forgotten items, they were too long in delivering the items to the room.

Super good location

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The hotel driver was so convenient as I was running back and forth to meetings and sometimes there was no taxi around. The Breakfast buffet was delicious.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The person cleaning my room did not always empty the bin in the bathroom. Did not replace the towelling robe when wet. Just took it away and not replaced. On one day day did not clean my room until after 17,00 hours.Did not have a hair-dryer or Iron in my room . But my friend had a hair-dryer in her room! But this was a minor detail in what was a very pleasant place to stay.

Pleasant room , Comfortable bed, Friendly helpful staff, good food. Generaly good Facilities. A very pleasant and trouble free stay. We felt very welcome there.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Bathroom is quite old and needs to be renovated , same for the gym.

Rooms very spacious , bed very comfortable , nice view. Staff very friendly and helpful. Location is good and near to everything.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Breakfast was a bit limited. Hot water in the room seems to take time to reach the faucet and shower.

Staff was very helpful. After an issue with our first room we were immediately attended to. We were given a better room without delay. All of our needs were taken care of and they gave an acceptable compensation to cover the mishap. A special thank you to abdulrahman at the check in counter for his professionalism and courtesy.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Smell reeked in the toilet that even if you put more water, still smelly. The sunbeds and tables at the swimming pool area are dusty like no one is cleaning it.

The bed is extra soft

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The rooms where not clean at all and the staff was unprofessional room dine in order came wrong after 1 hour and then it took another hour to give us the right order the fish plate was discusting and smelly

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The pool was quite cold and had designated hours for men and women. Facilities were a bit dated.

Fantastic breakfast, very helpful staff. The bed was comfortable and the room quite spacious. I loved the view from windows.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The Spa is very bad . It is not clean . There is Ladies salon right on the entrance of the spa. People are smoking in the showers. There are no free lockers. They are all occupied by the staff . The pool area extremely windy and cold . There is no sun in that area at all .Beds are uncomfortable. The bed sheets are old and pillows have a bad smell .

The staff is was very friendly . The breakfast is very good . The GM was concerned about my departure from the hotel before the end of my holidays.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The rooms could use upgrading, and the staff could be more helpful, especially the room service. Even though centrally located but it’s hard for the taxis to come to the property. They charge me for an extra night for arriving early in the morning even though I have specifically mentioned that in my trip request.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Given that the West Bay area has been so recently developed, the hotel had an old world feel to it. The photos on the web were perhaps a bit flattering. It is well located and would suit a conference group or a business stay, but given the standard of hotels in Doha, there are others that would have better amenities for a family or vacation stay. The pool area suits a quick swim, but is not a leisure venue.

The location was good for me. The room was a generous size, as was the bathroom and it was a comfortable place to stay for a one night commute. The breakfast buffet was fine, probably more suited to Arabic and Middle Eastern guests, than European.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

We booked a deluxe twin bed room. First night we offered a low category dirty room in the 13n floor. The armchairs, the curtains, the carpet were full of stains. The bathroom was smelly and the bathtub and washbasin were full of black spots of mud. Pillows without covers, one set of shabby towels and no bathrobes/sleepers. Second day we asked for a room change which we got in sixth floor this time. A little more groomed, same brown spots on the curtains, no smell in the bathroom but still not quite clean and with the same problem with the almost blocked washbasin. You could see finger stains on all surfaces in the room, even on hotel's magazine. All the three nights we stayed in this room, there was no change of linen and every day we were "begging" for face towels. With great surprise we told that they had finished and they could provide after they wash. Unbelievable!!!! This hotel is supposed to be 4*. Our opinion? very low class and dirty accommodation. Not recommended to people that are sensitive in cleanliness.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

I need to criticise in order to help improvement. 1- the swimming pool is small, no staff to control and manage inside. No log book and no towel provided there, you need to bring own towel. I get irritates once I saw some people smoking in the swimming pool area and they throw cigarette. According to what I saw; there is a timing from men, women and families to enter the pool. But some women entered there during men timing. Very simple ; if the manager can't control the entry, make it free entry for all during the day " no need to split them ". 2- In the facitlies provided which I read before going there is ironing service. Actually only ironing table provided but no iron machine. Be careful. 3- no silpper in bathroom, I went the put towel in the ground to avoid slipping. 4- no sound prove; I didn't notice this in my first days, but during weekend I couldn't sleep because of noise coming from the cars " by the way my room was in 15th floor" . Beside that; I can hear TV sound coming from next rooms and some times talks lol. 5- there was a minor damage in wall paper. But it is not irritated; I mean the put looking still good.

This hotel is one of the greatest hotel I visited. 1- Starting from reception; staff were nice and vet helpful. 2- Breakfast buffet was fantastic, I guess everything are available there. The staff were friendly, they know how to deal with people nicely. They were very fast in cleaning, cooking and replacing empty dishes in the buffet. 3- Room was cleaning daily on time and cleaning staff were honest; they never touch personal stuff. Room it self was comfortable, the bed is relaxing and soft. 4- The sea sight from room fascinated me alot .Bathroom well cleaned and maintained. 5- The interior decoration is unique and attractive 6- wifi signal is excellent in every corner in the hotel This hotel is fantastic

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Slow service at reception and otherwise. Shower too cramped up. Better options are in room bar should have been great. Room service did not bother to come in later when asked to wait for 2 minutes. Sea view room wasnt perfect.

Good bed Good ambiance Good location

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The hotel is very old and is not clean even I slept with door was open (not close properly) and I did not notice until morning. The stuff did not help me and very slow to check-in I did not recommend this hotel to stay you can try other options cheap and better

Nothing special

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The pool was too cold for children, would be nice if they could add heater. They could also improve some brands for their toiletries although it was acceptable.

Spacious rooms. Accomodating staff. Free sauna, gym and jacuzzi. And the free welcome drinks for genius members.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Staff behave like on funeral. Nobody, nobody has no smile. Security guy requested to raise my luggage (30kgs) on the scaning ramp... 😳🔫

Location is great. Breakfast was super.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Very bad cleanliness level: the wallpaper falls apart in many parts of the room, mould/humidity on the walls, spots in the bathtub : this is not worthy of a 4 stars hotel. Nothing on the room service menu is available. I always follow the comments on booking.com and this time I am very disappointed by the community as my room was not at all close to the comments I read before booking.

- good bed - quiet room

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

I wait to my room be ready!

I booked 3 nights but I leave the hotel 1 day before because I finished my activity and the hotel refunded me one day. The staff is friendly and polite.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

- transportation to hotel: they proposed to arrange a taxi pickup for me, for 90QAR (~$20), i rejected this offer and took uber for 28QAR - more than thrice cheaper; - a little complicated air conditioner: i did not manage to set it up for desired temperature;

- helpful staff, they were quick to reissue a forgotten key or provide a plate to slice a melon; - big room; - good breakfast, with both European and Arabic food; - location: though there are not many places of interest around, but from this place you can get faster to beach to the north and city center to the south;

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

I usually never write poorly of a place but this stay was worth making both guest & management aware. The room we stayed had mould stains on the walls & it smelled of mould. Also the air vents were filthy and not clean so the filteration was poor. I complained about it to the housekeeping staff & they said management knew but they did nothing. After complaining & been in the room about 10 days, I moved into another room (which I still paid for). I got really sick & so did my partner. I still have a chest infection several weeks later on because of breathing that unclean air. The help desk guy was very rude. The pool was under maintenance & we only found out upon arrival. No compensation was provided. Especially at the fact that I've stayed there before & that they have very poor health concerns for their guests. I should have been provided a full refund at minimum and assured that they take cleanliness and their guest wellbeing serious. But I doubt they do.

Central in the city. Within our budget.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

i would love to see a coffee shop in that location , they only have lobby restaurant , didnt feel comfortable having only coffee during dinner time

nice rooms, good breakfast , helpful staff,

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The hotel looks tired and is in need of refurbishment. The wallpaper in my room was peeling and the paint on the ceiling was blistering.

Good location in West Bay and a lot cheaper than other hotels in the area. Good wifi. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The hotel staff did a good job as regard check-in and my flight scheduled is early morning precisely 2 am, i was offered an opportunity of late check out (9 PM) , the breakfast is good with varieties, i really enjoy my stay

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The hotel lacks shuttle bus from the airport

The location is good most rooms facing the sea. The property is clean and the staff very friendly and assisting

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

the staff were great and offered late checkout but the hotel view was not that good...the parking was also a problem but good thing the valet personnel were so helpful. pool timings for families at 10 pm is too much for children.

some electrical wirings are not working. lamp shade is not working. Lights in the bathroom are dim. The television has only few channel. pool is small. jacuzzi is only good for 4 medium body sizes . Bidet spray is not working and broken.

only the sea view.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

We were unaware that the hotel followed traditional Middle Eastern customs meaning the pool and wellness area was segregated. The hotel aims mainly at families meaning the wellness area/ sauna/jacuzz/pool was full of young children. Not a relaxing atmosphere like we expected.

The bed was very comfy! I sleep very well! The breakfast was also very good. Lots of variety.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Unfortunately there were not enough information available from the concierge regarding attractions or tourist busses. They didn't even have a city map. Should be more stocked up. Considering it as a business hotel it's no surprise. If the hotel wants to have more tourist, you should stock up on all information available for these attractions. On my floor were two rooms which ordered room service. After they finished, the guests put it outside the room, which it was left for more than 24hours. This is not very nice to see, as it was rooms near the elevator and so everyone could see the leftovers laying around. Should be cleaned away faster. It's sad that the transfer from and to the airport is not organised by the hotel. Well you can have a car from the hotel, but it is more expensive than ordering a taxi. I would recommend the hotel to make your service cheaper, so more guests book through the hotel. Especially for tourists, which normally organise their holiday themselves.

Very friendly staff, really helpful and always had a chat with me. The water in the room was free of charge, which is good, as it can be very hot outside. The room was ok. It's not the newest hotel, so there are some parts which were a bit "old", but nevertheless it was clean. You can see that it is more a business hotel than for tourists, which want to see the city, but for the 3 days I stayed there it was fine. Location is good and you're everywhere in a short time. Taxis are more cheap than the car service from the hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

My sheets were not changed until I requested it after returning and finding the bed made with the same ones I purposely left on the floor, about 4 days into my stay. There were no smoking rooms or smoking area inside the hotel but I constantly smelled cigarrete smoke on the 12th floor corridor.

Location, Room size

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Towel was too big and heavy but could not dry up body. Closeup Mirror was useless due to install at head position and no light. Bathing kit no good. Nothing nearby due to construction besides.

Big room, free parking and good wifi. Breakfast included was good. Turkey Restaurant on opposite side was good.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

1) The room was old and not that clean. They need to renew the decoration and get red of the carpets and wallpaper. 2) The pool was closed for renovation and suppose to end by the time we were at the hotel but even they extended the period.

Breakfast was good with variety. The hotel did not charge us for additional breakfast.

The main reason I picked this hotel was for the pool. The pictures on the listing showed a nice and relaxing place. It was closed for maintenance. I understand that will happen from time to time, but that information should have been provided on the website so that people like me who were looking for a pool would know to look elsewhere. The pillows need to be updated.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

40 minutes for check in , with same price they give bigger room's to another customer's , swimming pool still closed !

Location , price , room's space

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The rooms are half sea view, the noise come from outside the hotel! I think the glass of the room windows is not double!

The location, the size of room and the brake fast

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

the windows were a bit dusty.

The staff were really friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the view was great. The room service was good too. Great value for meals. The AC was great.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Ventilation of bathroom. Bathroom needs more maintaining Windows glass needs cleaning

Responsive staff. Welcoming front office staff Smooth check in/out Good breakfast

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Room was too cold even air conditioner was off , toilet sink drain was blocked very slow to drain water , room curtains doesn't cover all window some sun light comes inside my room

Location , staff were very nice , breakfast very good

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The quite environment, unlike the noise that we usually see in other hotels (music everywhere that annoys some residents). The availability of all services within short time, i.e. Once I required any service, I'd find the right person for me immediately.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

No hot water and a kettle with rust in it. My short stay meant that I had no chance to complain until checkout. The staff were very apologetic and helpful and could not have tried harder once I informed them. Did go the extra mile to try to compensate which was impressive.

Very helpful staff who tried hard to make things work.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Family Room - 2 Connected Rooms

once we reached no one came to take our luggage. Service staff open the door to clean without care that we are inside (Careless)

i like the arrangement of the rooms

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The hotel is great, however the person who recommened it to me failed to mention that it is a dry hotel (no alcohol, no smoking). The room was ok but the wallpaper was coming off in three different areas

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Though the hotel has over 6 managers, none of them was responsive to complaints. Swimming pool closed for over 4 months. GYM equipment are so old and the only two treadmills are broken and waiting for repair for more than two months. Managers just talk nice but do nothing.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

*they wrote my reservation is sea view but it's really not .. i hate that & i don't like to arguing with them cause i was tierd *HouseKeeping is not good to make up my bed they didnt cover the pillows & zipper was hit me most while im sleeping..

I like the comfort of the bed only .. The stuff was very helpful to parking ur car

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The breakfast did not provide too much choice. The swimming pool is under maintenance (though the hotel provides free shuttle bus to other branch.)

Best location if you need to visit west bay area. The Room is nice and clean in real 4-star standard, some with great sea view as well. The Wifi is smooth, however not that fast. It might be the cheapest 4/5-star hotel in this area.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Family Room - 2 Connected Rooms

The only thing needs to be improved is the response time to guests calls and orders.

Our staying was very comfortable and quite. Good sea view and very helpful staff with smiles all time.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Designers generally never even consider that a guest of a hotel could be a woman who would actually like to see her face in the mirror in the bathroom and that light from above and from behind the mirror at the same time is something terrible.

The hotel was at a perfect location on the beach. Room was really specious and nicely decorated, elegant, with very comfortable beds, really nice bathroom. Especially after heavy trip from Africa, it felt like heaven. We were on the 15-th floor. Breakfast was fantastic - it will suit everyone's taste and expectations. Staff were friendly and helpful. We had a little bit of a bad start but the manager of the hotel and everyone else turned this into a pleasant experience in the end. This is a an excellent place to stay.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

In a nice room, I also expect the TV to be great At least have a good clear signal !

The receptionist recognized that I had stayed before and I had come this time with a group of colleagues. So I was upgraded to a very nice room. The location and car parking is great. Breakfast is a luxurious affair with great variety.

Swimming pool closed for Maintenace and limited underground parking but still manageable.

Very nice hotel with excellent location. Breakfast was extremely good.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Executive Suite with Sea View

internet weak...did not give free cake for anniversary..did not have steam room.does not have well maintenance for bath shataf scale battery was low..

Service and room service ok...fast response for any things. Very good

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The decor is dated but I think a renovation is planned

Good selection of fresh fruit, good bread, pastries etc... I had a room upgrade and was able to stay in the room till 4pm without no extra charge

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Carpet seemed very dusty and in need for vacuuming. Shower in bathtub is a bit dated.

Nice location, beautiful sea view from the room. Excellent breakfast, with a nice outside seating. Bed was very comfortable. Complementary water bottles was nice.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

As with everything else in Doha, accommodation prices are pretty high.

A very comfortable business style hotel in the West Bay area. Good location to see the high rises or the start of the corniche, but not within walking distance from the main sights of Souq Waqif and Museum of Islamic Arts.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Rooms are old and need to be renovated

The staff does their best to make your stay comfortable. I want to thank Mohamed Osman the Front Office manager and Mohamed Sayed for their great efforts.

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

I found this hotel excellent

The staff were excellent check out was 10am when I went down to reception to organise hold of luggage they said u can have room till 4pm and we wil take u to airport on our bus. Overall felt very secure and would recommend this hotel. Just note that swimming pool is. Separate bzthing

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

just a marginal note: I found that the cleaning of details is not excellent (tiles of the bathroom, shower glass, windows). the bath tube is a little bit aged. compared to what I have read in the reviews I expected something more modern, anyway it was a nice stay.

the Staff is very friendly and helpful. I had no time to try the hotel facilities. the room I had was good, comfortable and not noisy. the hotel is in a good and quite location, in 10 minutes taxi you can reach all different points of interest in Doha. nice restaurants in the surroundings.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The service was really bad. OLD hotel and carpet is dirty. Towels not clean and the last day of my stay no towels for shower. Hot Water takes for ever to come in the shower. No manners from housekeeping will walk into the room without waiting. Pool very small and hot tub has cold water in it as well. GYM is not well equipped. Over all a major disappointment. Need major improvement in all departments/

It was an overall disaster hotel only real effort to improve the image at the end was done by M. SAYED at reception and Rami.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The constant calls asking if all is ok. Obviously if there something was not i'd report it so no need for calls interupting ones rest.

Looked and felt posh for the price. Very comfortable room for the weary traveller and especially after a hard days work. Love tea, can drink it all day and room service provided it well. Thanks.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Every one at hotel is very nice. Food is very Good and not very expensive. Initially I book this hotel for 5 days now I have extended another 7 days.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Checked in at 2am due to Qatar flight schedule, had booked twin room 6 months in advance and room was not available at check in. We were put into another twin room which was not clean, room carpet and bathroom dirty. Were put into another room the next morning. Both rooms were old and in need of upgrade, peeling plaster on the roof, seals around shower mouldy. Rooms very noisy, had to listen neighbours TV and screaming children.

Good choice of at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The Room design is old with a bad taste.TV is old and small and has no menu.sheets has hair on them like they have been used , I asked them to change them and found the same problem.! Noises all around the hotel can be heard inside the room. No privacy. Bad smell in the lobby and the elevators. The bathroom is the worst, it has a bad and dangerous design that will make you fall when you get out of the bathtub, it looks old like the one in horror movies, cheap finishing no bathroom or shaving kit, also no shower only a small bathtub behind the glass.

Nothing to like

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

"Sea View" means 'Partially Sea view' and when I talk to the night manager he said that didn't promise a full sea view so this what we have. two lamb was broken we requested the maintenance to fix them, and they did while we where in the room. they don't have electric adapter, so bring your own.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The room was stinking of sewage. Every time we would step out and come back in there was a disgusting smell in the room. The bathroom was not clean when we checked in and found used soap bars of the previous room occupant. There were no toiletries and we had to request them. The room was cleaned in the most slack manner with only the bed being made and toiletries being restocked. The bathing space was very less. The breakfast had limited options and the items present were tasteless. It was not worth the money they charged!

The location was good - central. While making the booking, our room had 2 single beds. We requested for a double bed and it was done before we arrived. Good parking space.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Gym main machine was broken. Pool timing was not respected. Women were still available during the men timing and people were using their cloth while swimming. I have used the Jacuzzi for 1 time and found no towels to use for shower. I have called the reception to send someone to my floor as noisy kids were playing in the corridor/Lobby area . I was able to hear my neighbor's TV/Talk while i was in the room.

The restaurant served tasty food and nice service, and i managed to watch some football also.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

I liked the swimming pool a lot.. The rooms are super quiet and comfortable, and made me sleep for almost 12 hours Also the place is clean and the staff are too kind with guests.. Me and my family enjoyed staying at Retaj al Rayyan hotel and we loved the location of the hotel..

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

The hotel should separate business guests from ordinary tourists. Business people need to rest. We had to be changed twice because of the noises. Name of Gest; Oscar Leon Cardenas, room number 1020

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Everything was excellent about the hotel... staff extremely friendly specialty Mr Mohd. Syed at the reception desk ... will stay there again and again...

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

1. The hotel is dry which for me isnt too big an issue but I would have liked to be told clearly while I was on booking.com that this is a dry hotel. I had a few friends over and only then did we find out. 2. The food was just ok quality, was cheap I agree but still bland. 3. Bring your own cables and chargers etc as the IT guys there dont stock anything and wont give you a charger for the room, you will be told to go to the business center and charge it there. Strange.

I stayed in the standard room and it was nice and big with a great view of the sea. I stayed 2 days and 2 nights and the halls were nice and quiet in the morning so no one disturbed me which I always find enjoyable. The staff went out of their way to cater for me which is always a plus point.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Sea View

Swimming pool has cameras , this is not suitable for Ladies, especially there is timing for ladies only , and cameras are there !!

Staff Are Extremely good and Helpful

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Smell of carpet, Although I mentioned that I will arrive 8pm, employee at reception make us waiting for 45 min to do check-in Bathroom items are not changed on daily basis and only when I requested. The staff at reception said that he did not receive my booking.com requests.

Family room with connect door. Breakfast is variable and rich.

Browse Retaj Al Rayyan traveller photo gallery