Reviews of Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel 5 stars

Al Corniche Street, West Bay, Doha, Qatar

#22 of 117 hotels in Doha

• Deluxe Room

I didnt like the fact that there is an existing “racial discrimination” for staffs who chose to serve guests based on skin color, hair color, and nationality. On the last day of my stay 8th of May (which is actually my birthday) around 9am and before checking out, I decided to take a quick dip in the pool. I was sitting in one of the chair beside the pool, for about 15-20mins thinking if I would give it a go or no. While some guests arrived (white skinned, blonde, a mother and a daugther) and the attendant immediately served them towels and water to drink. Since its my first time in the hotel, I was thinking that it was pre arranged prior to the arrival on the pool. Then another batch of guests came in and the attendant do the same. So, I went to the attendant and request for towel and some bottled water since I was so thirsty and feelig dehydrated. Then to my surprise, he just looked at me from head to toe before going to his station to get the items. I was feeling a bit disappointed that I have to go and asked him for towels and water myself while some other guests get it from him right away. :(

The room is clean. Perfect staycation within the city. The views are to die for ^^ It’s YES for me (^___^)

• Deluxe Room

Cleanliness : used crockery lying unattended outside passage doors...the water in the bathroom needs a good slope to drain off...lastly we had trouble with the sand blown into the never cleaned balcony...

The GRAND feel of the resort...facing the Arabian gulf. Heaven on earth...luxury at its affordable best...there's so much more to explore along the shore...

Nothing to be mentioned

The hotel is really luxuriously looking , very clean and well maintained and the staff were more than amazing .. they upgraded is to a sea view room .. we actually extended one more night because everything was great .. the facilities are really nice. Also the Um Ali there is a must try.

• Deluxe Room

Arrived 3 hours earlier than the Check In, Also the process was slow due to the queue of "Check Out"guests, regardless of all above I will rate my experience with this hotel as OUTSTANDING (* * * * * ) because of the amazing customer service that i got from the Duty Officer "Ms. Nesem Aktas" as after waiting for more than 1 hour I went to her and asked for help to speed up my Check ln! honestly can't explain how Professional, supportive and well mannered she was. First she apologized on the delay and provided me with a much better room than the 1 i booked, then gave me a wonderful insight on all the hotel facilities and advantages, Also offered/registered me in sort of loyality/privilege program and on the top of all above she gave  me an invitation for a backyard party will held in the hotel .. That was sweet. Honestly it was amazing "customer service" experience/journey that I had with this respected staff…  lucky you Sheraton

• King Room with Sea View

The car valet was very slow because the car parking was very far.

I like mostly everything at the hotel from service, stuff, and facilities all were on point.

• Deluxe Room

The hotel was so crowded and busy and there is not enough employees to take care of our needs. I ordered at 9:30 pm dinner for the room, and I had to cancel at 12 midnight coz it didn’t reach.

The location and view and beach side is nice

• Club Room With Free Access Lounge

During the breakfast than was no coordination to serve the tables, long waiting in order to get a clean table, and guests arguing in order to get clean tables.

NA

I like everything in that hotel even the hotel itself its a nice and excellent .all the staff are friendly and accomodating they make sure they give us a good custumet satisfaction . They have excellent customer service to all the staff and the one who handle me in the front of house always smiling and very polite and friendly .

• Deluxe Room

There relation with guest v bad no trast if I order any thing from room service for example I have to pay same time they don’t accept to be charged on room and pay when I check out 🤭

View of the room was by the sea

• Deluxe Room

The only thing I didn’t like which is I have requested for late check out till 2pm through booking.com but they refused and asked for 300riyal for late check out

Hotel was clean and staff were very much helping specially the receptions staff

• Deluxe Room

Great staff. We were welcome at breakfast and the club lounge everyday. All staff was very helpful. We had a baby with us and he was pampered by everybody. Excellent room with a view. Check in and out was easy and great. We would come back.

• Deluxe Room

When checking in there was an issue (concerning double/twin rooms available) which was resolved impeccably, by Lily and Mohamed Hassan who both made my stay a fantastic experience. As I live in Doha, if my family or relatives were to visit I would book them this hotel as I know it would be an enjoyable experience due to the customer care I received from all staff but in particular the two aforementioned. Furthermore the Nurs-Et restaurant served me the best melt in your mouth steak I have ever had.

• King Room with Sea View

Lunch/ Dinner could be a little less on the pricey side.

I made this booking for my parents. They were very satisfied with the services and the staff. Everything was perfect.

• Deluxe Room

Lightings of the room I couldn’t switch of one light and light the others. You should work on the lights little bit more.

View of the room Bed was so comfortable

• Deluxe Room

At peak breakfast time staff is still friendly, but overloaded. My table was occupied by another guest while I got my food. Order of omelette took very long. Especially for breakfast it has to be a seamless and efficient process as normally guests do not have much time.

Great choice and good quality

• Deluxe Room

The only criticism is that there was no cafe where you can just get a small snack. The pool cafe and Atrium cafe only offered larger meals.

We were very pleased with the property. The seaview room was very luxurious and comfortable. The property is in an excellent location.

• Club Room With Free Access Lounge

Main pool was not heated.

Breakfast was superb. Room had excellent sea and city view with seated balcony. Hotel had all facilities including fully eguipt gym,tennis and squash court.

• Deluxe Room

They caters for the locals primarily and didn’t take notice of us in the foyer everyday .they ignored our need for a taxi every time and even told us to wait to the side whilst they attended to arriving local Arabs who were not staying at the hotel . The restaurant they promoted “ nustret”. It was a massive rip off and cost almost $600AU for 2 people . It is advertised at there premises . The food was basic. The Massage also caters for locals and I couldn’t get a booking and was forced to use a male masseuse.

The staff were excellent and the hotel had great facilities including a large gym.

Booked for New Year's Eve but found out there are no fireworks in Doha :-(

Comfortable rooms with balcony and great view of city. Pool and beach were short walks. Nice selection of restaurants. Friendly staff, security on-site.

• Deluxe Room

Room needed to be cleaned carefully housekeeping are not a strong point at this hotel

Food options in the hotel are perfect, room decor, view, swimming pool experience in all was excellent

No faults to be found.

Fabulous hotel with excellent facilities. All the staff were very courteous and professional. Really enjoyed our stay and we would certainly stay next time we are in Doha

• Deluxe Room

THE HOTEL WAS OUTSTANDING. THE STAFF SO FRIENDLY. THE POOL AND BEACH FANTASTIC I CANNOT RATE IT SO HIGHLY WELL WORTH STAYING. HASSAN AT CONCIERGE WAS A GREAT HELP TO MY WIFE AND MYSELF ORGANISING A DESSERT TRIP AND OTHER LOCAL VISITS IN DOHA.

• Junior Suite With Free Access Lounge

I wish to have table lamp on the desk under tv in order to be able to read without Disturbing your sleeping partner in the room by Outing all the light in the room It took the management nearly one year to bring the high standard was there befor the major this hotel maintance I hope this today high standar of this hotel management As local at the age of over 70 years moved round the world lived big no off 5 Stars hotels Qatar sherton to me is Big NO.ONE Jumah

I liked the building from outside inside internal the main in trance and food variety in the main Rustrant all about this hotel is perfect out side inside location

• Deluxe Room

The bed size is small although it’s mentioned that it is a king size

Nice hotel at the center of Doha with a very nice facilities & private beach. Rooms are good in size with a private balcony.

• King Room with Sea View

The coordination of water sport process of payment and booking. We didn't do it because we felt it's not coordinated

Sheraton Doha, one of best destinations in the city.

• Deluxe Room

The food menu was pricey. The bright blue carpet wasn't easy on the eye and didn't match the interior. The balcony was not cleaned properly and it was a bit dusty. The pool area definitely needs some attention because it was dirty.

Room was great in general. Whether you're in the room or at the beach, the view was absolutely stunning. I highly recommend this hotel for people who're looking for a nice a hotel with wonderful facilities and a nice beach front.

• Club Room With Free Access Lounge

Room was very tired looking and carpet was rather stained, a faulty shower head was repaired one day then faulty the next day. The main hotel restaurant is adjacent to the smoking area, which is basically the rest of the hotel lobby. Beach towels we're mostly thread bare and not available at all until 10 am on the second day 'because the hotel was so busy'. The pool was unhygienic, people swimming in regular clothes and spitting in the pool.

Italian restaurant was very good.

• Deluxe Room

It's obviously an old hotel (build in 80s), so it is clear that it would be old rooms with old decoration. Therefore, a person can pay same amount of money 💵 💰 for newer hotel. Because it doesn't make sense that I pay for an old hotel while there is a lot of new hotels with modern decoration and designs out there.

Room was big + balcony

There is nothing negative

The perfect hotel,perfect room,perfect bathroom and food very high quality,though the prices from the bar inside room are very high.

• Deluxe Room

Amazing view . Amazing beach . Like luxuries of the hotel and details They have a good staff for all your services Many kinds of restaurants and cafes in this hotel Try umm ali ( an Arabian sweet )

• Club Room With Free Access Lounge

The executive lounge was a mess, needed more housekeeping. most of the snacks was finished already. the lounge was full of people who did not have an access.

very warm welcoming by the staff, excellent location

• Deluxe Room

Pillows so huge and i had neck pain. However they didnt have smaller pillows or not even flat

Confortable bed and room with nice view. Friendly receptionist, big buffet with romantic design architecter

• King Room with Sea View

The architectural design of Sheraton Doha is outstanding worldwide, in my opinion. Spaces are incredible. Rooms are large and most of them have a sea view. Waterfront one of the best in Doha.. All is good.

• Deluxe Room

the furniture pooor and old ;no sound proof

i met the as.front office manager her name was senem she was very helpful smart she my stay easy and comfortable

• Deluxe Room

The valet service was poor. We had to wait a very long time for almost an hour under the hot sun and it turned out that the keys were still in the drawer and that the staff had still not taken it when the person responsible was telling us otherwise.

The ballroom for weddings

• Deluxe Room

The room was not clean nor checked before our arrival. Electric sockets and TV was not working. I had to wait for the handy many to come and check out the issue. The balcony had cigarette butts and a dirty bottle of water with more cigarette butts inside, which is disgusting. The worst thing is the in rooming dining. We couldn't order dinner. Excuse the line was busy all the time. No one would pickup. Same goes with the breakfast. Overall not satisfaied with our stay.

Food

• Deluxe Room

It was really nice to see welcoming staff and perfect home service . What drew my attention is the beautiful sea view especially at sunrise and sunset.

• Club Room With Free Access Lounge

I make the reservation through booking they didn't add my points as a SPG member and they said only if I make the reservation directly through the Sherton, so it is very big waste to me to make the reservation through Booking which will let me don't use booking latter, second Food 🥘 iteams at club lounge ,

All .. Alhabara , Ms Tomi at the reception she is very helpful 🙏

• King Room with Sea View

Timings of the beach and swimming pools. It is opening late at 7:30 am and closing as early as 6:30 pm. It would be great if the guest can enjoy the night swimming as well specially during summer season.

Excellent view of the sea and resorts itself...Accommodating staffs. Excellent rooms and services...

• Deluxe Room

Room was a little on the small side and some restaurants don't open until after 7 pm for dinner. This makes it particularly difficult if with a baby and therefore we had to go out for dinner.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the sea facing room with the balcony.

• Deluxe Room

The air-condition in my room did not work properly and was not cold at all

Perfect room size excellent beach front with amenities and clean swimming water excellent lifeguard service at the pool (you can be relaxed when your kids swim) amazing breakfast

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• King Room with Sea View

I didn't see any touches of the latest renovation! , the check in we're slow a bit and the receptionist were taking with many while he is checking in to me ! No bath rope I asked for it , need more improvements.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Deluxe Room

The check in take very long time we arrive at 2 pm and received the room at 7pm 😡😡

The coffee test very bad and the food like fruit and salad and cheese was open

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Deluxe Room

Swimming pool small and the room service is very expensive

Location , clean , view from balcony , shisha in the pool cafe , size of room and the staff was helpful And special thanks to Ms noha in concierge office and Mr ahmed in receptions

• Deluxe Room

1. Walking from the lift to my room 2. Req checkout at4pm due to flight time and willing to pay, quoted QR500.00. Might as well do last minute shopping than pay the high amount for 4hrs of rest :((((

Ocerall excellent

• Junior Suite With Free Access Lounge

I didn't like that the alarm was already on before I checked in and I didn't realize that until the next morning when the alarm woke me up at 7 am. I was really tired that day and I needed to get some sleep. I think you should check the alarm and make sure its off as soon as a visitor checks out of the room. The other thing that I didn't like is that the TV turns on automatically all of a sudden on such a high volume. I had to take the plug out to make sure this doesn't happen while i'm asleep.

I liked the room, the staff, the food, and the view. The staff were really nice and they offered me an upgrade.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Deluxe Room

I have given Special needs Room due to unavialablility of Normal Delux Room that I already booked the plus baby crib not provided as requested

Hotel Design

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Deluxe Room

swimming pool is very small and beach is not safe since there is no any mark or identification for deep areas. The reception refused to upgrade my reservation even i offered to pay the difference and they give me a room equipped for handicapped people (and i'm not) even without noticing this to me.

The bed was extra comfy Coffee machine in the room iphone deck

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Deluxe Room

Housekeeping was poor-our room wasn't cleaned by 7pm and we had to complain to reception to get it done.

Very comfortable bed and pillows. Excellent outdoor facilities.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Club Room With Free Access Lounge

Not a great choice of restaurants! Lived here for 22 years and very old and dated! We booked La Veranda restaurant which have stunning views but food just ok! Used to come here a lot and also we were members of beach club till it closed for refurbishments! However still one of the best hotels in Doha! Perfect position! Definitely come back to stay but restaurants not the best!

Loved the updated beach! Also we got upgraded to a suite as our wedding anniversary!

• Deluxe Room

Every staff was very kind , but special thanks to Olga Skliarska.In our early morning check-in and late night check-out she had sincerity and the same smile.

• Deluxe Room

The staff in the restaurant for breakfast. They are unprofessional, they ask you to sit on a table that is not clean and not ready with tableware.

• Deluxe Room

Parking area is a bit far, health center is in a seperate building,

Room size, Balcony, Seating area, bathroom size and facilities, beach, kids playground, nearby mall, Sheraton Garden, room view.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Club Room With Free Access Lounge

Since we were a family with young children, we requested connected rooms, but upon arrival we were told of no availability and that our request (3 days earlier) couldn't be accommodated! However we were moved to connected ones the next morning. Staff were mostly "smelly" I understand that they work hard but in such a property this is not acceptable, and it's a cold winter btw :) One more thing, No body likes "fake" smiles and less than standard service. Wasn't like my previous stays with Sheraton and have to think carefully next time visiting Doha, Qatar.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Staff were friendly but customer service levels poor. Clearing away tables is reminiscent of British motorway service stations. Management issue.

The pool and sunbathing area is fantastic. Rosie the masseuse exceptional and restaurants first class.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Club Room With Free Access Lounge

The breakfast spread at the club lounge should have matched the one at the restaurant below.

The location & the facilities were excellent. They have their own private beach area which is well done up with hammocks & sun beds. It was a treat to stay at this property.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Club Room With Free Access Lounge

The room we stayed in could have done with some updating. The carpets had a lot of stains, the shower screen leaked all over the bathroom floor and the toilet roll holder was broken. We reported all of these items very early on in our visit and despite the polite responses, nothing was done to rectify them. In a 5* hotel I would expect these to be fixed or to be moved to another room.

The service from most staff was second to none. Very attentive and great attention to detail. The Breakfast selection is amazing and if the option to use the Club Lounge is available I would urge any guest to use it. Lovely facility with great service from all of the staff.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

Two rooms and phones did not work. The food in both restaurants were just average. Inappropriate comments from breakfast staff. An overall place lacking in ambiance.

The rooms were comfortable, the decoration was modern and pleasant. The location was good.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

The room air conditioning was inadequate even at the high setting and 27 C outside. The heavy thick blanket is inappropriate for local weather.

The king bed was comfortable. A fruit plate greeting was nice. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The location, views and the hotel beach were excellent.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• King Room with Sea View

Nothing all was perfect :)

Everything was perfect the room was with a nice view to the beach and the pool,good restaurants and bar ,close to the Cornish and the city center :)

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Deluxe Room

When I checked in they gave me a room that was suited for the disabled, but this was very inconvenient for me - especially to use the bathroom. This is something that should have been notified to me when I was checking in at the very least.

I stayed at the property since the event that I was attending was at the same hotel - so it was very convenient.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Club Room With Free Access Lounge

All the staff especially from the reception named ILYA & all the staff in the executive lounge they are all extra accommodating, helpful & friendly 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

AC was bad, room and bathroom facilities not available in the room you have to ask for whatever you need like towels or hair dryer or clothes hangers , most of the room lights were not working.... very very bad experience

Food and bed only

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Nothing. it was perfect

Very nice staff, really helpful, ready to go extra mile to make your stay the most enjoyable. Excellent food, stunning views, superb design. Amazing facilities, perfect for families.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

I had a delay in flight plans and made last minute reservations here two nights in a row. The staff were beyond friendly and helpful and the place is amazing!! Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

- super express check in. - very nice stuff. - after checking in, no one bother me until i check out even i check out at 4 pm. - rooms are good and very comfortable. - the Stuff are very gentle in dealing with customer. - it is a super 6 stars hotel with a reasonable room rate. - Thank Doha for having such a wonderful hotel like the Sheraton.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

The location was amazing and the staff were beyond helpful with everything. I enjoyed the Pub, the Irish Harp for food and drinks in the evening as well.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

I don't like the stuff was not that expert , I arrived at 4:30 pm and the room not ready , no slipper in room for toilet , they ask to pay all in first day but When I check out they didn't mention in system that i paid and after waiting for half hour they found it and ask me for 40 QR because the receptionist mad a mistake before. The operator is very bad , I should call them if I need room service, or reception, I will not stay agin in this hotel I didn't feel it is a five star hotel.

I like the confort of the bed and the view of the sea .

• Deluxe Room

We loved the hotel. Our room was big, comfortable and had a great sea view. The pool and beach area was lovely. Good food. Above all, the staff were very helpful and attentive.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

The buffet restaurant No to much choices and Aerea it's open for every one no privacy a specially in the Ball cover tables

The receptionists staff Amine -Bouchra-Faty and Amine

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Deluxe Room

i know hotel is offering Taxi facilities but sure its more expensive than the normal one. waiting for local Taxi outside takes long time and its very hot and no is helping you to find a Taxi.

Swimming Pool, Staff hospitality, Gym, Restaurant, environment specially the Hotel lobby and the location.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Deluxe Room

Presented with unmade room was unfortunate. Immediately rectified with clean room and a better view. Request for extra towel took 3 goes before I got it. Service is therefore hit and miss

Good location. Wonderful view of the corniche. Iconic building on skyline however even with recent refurb I expected more. Too retro looking and not sharp. Delicious breakfast with excellent choice. Room service was efficient and also delicious. Overall an okay experience.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

• King Room with Sea View

Check in staff not implemnting the standards of sherton hotel Complicatting check in / out process by staff called abdulrahamn Very rude receiption staff

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Club Room With Free Access Lounge

Welcome staff's were not even caring the guests coming to hotel,only Arabs were given preference. Crocroaches were found in Al Habura Resturant during breakfast which was immediately cleaned/removed by staff.

View to corniche from our room was very beautiful.Beach access and pool facilities are very good.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Club Room With Free Access Lounge

In room service was poor and slow. Items were very expensive like a can of coke was of 35 Riyals. 1 litter bottle of water was 35 Riyal. This was too unreasonable.

Rooms were good and facilities were excellent.

Browse Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel traveller photo gallery