Reviews of Swiss-Belhotel Doha -Qatar 4 stars

Jaber Bin Mohammed Street Old Slata Doha, Doha, Qatar

#70 of 117 hotels in Doha

Based on 1906 hotel reviews

• Superior Room

Strong smell of cigarettes, burned carpet and sofa due to cigarettes, room was not properly cleaned, AC is dirty. All in all, we didn't get our money worth and considering that the hotel is a 4-star.

the reception was kind enough to change our room when we requested due to strong smell of cigarette in the initial room.

• Superior Room

Pool a bit green and very cold some staff were very nice others less helpful. Wifi hopeless after 10 am Place appeared run down

Huge rooms and huge comfy bed Still got good value for money

• Superior Room

The building need interior revamp, but the management done their best to keep it up.

The staff. They are excellent in their services. From night team to day team, they are all very friendly and helpful. They lend me a wheelchair for my mum, which is such a help when we want to walk to the surrounding area. The location is great all within walking distance. Special thanks to Samprat who have allocate me a great spacious room with an excellent view, to his night team concierge who has helped with the bags and wheelchair. The lady who checked me in, sorry forgotten your name. And Ching, the day team concierge you've been very helpful.

• Superior Room

Walking distance to Souk; Art Gallery Also local shops/supermarkets; money change bureau Great having tea/coffee making facilities in bedroom. Swimming pool awesome after walking in Doha heat. Cafe next door great Staff helpfull and friendly

• Superior Room

Being pestered by reception for payment even getting calls at 5 am and midnight, as I had problems with my cards from England and I was paying daily. I was loath to leave though as I did get an upgraded room which was massive. Allow some guests and not others, I don't know how they choose, but I was trying to have business meetings and it was hit and miss. Yet they allow people in to fight daily from the bars????

Good value for money. I was very lucky to get an upgraded huge room as the first one just had a leaking air conditioning unit. Very clean, great bathroom, very comfy bed. Cleaners didn't come everyday even when requested. Too much security and fighting from one of the bars there, make use of the daytime happy hour as drinks are 1/2 price 2 pm - 19.45, and the staff were fabulous and very friendly. Pool was not heated so too cold to go in really, but private and outdoors.

• Superior Room

I had to keep on calling the receptionist & housekeeping for the bathrobes, slippers, towels, ashtray, and glasses. I’d recommend for the staff to always check to see if all the items are in the room before letting a client in.

I liked how spacious the room were and how nice the staff was!! 😊

• Superior Room

The cleanliness wasn’t good, stains on the carpet, missing items in the room, like mug, ashtray, 1 towel,

Everything was great except the points I mentioned below

• Superior Room

Hotel had only catered for one guest in room, despite booking for 2 adults. There was only one towel provided, one cup etc. Also very noisy guests were partying until well into 3.00 a.m. in the morning. We ordered room service had to pay cash, don't know why we could not charge to our room account. The same when we dinned in the restaurant. Most inconvenient.

• Superior Room

Firstly, the man in the reception desk wasn’t really welcoming he wasn’t smiling and put the pen and paper in front of me without telling me to sign. Secondly, I asked if the restaurant was open so I can have a good lunch in the restaurant and he said room service are open 24/7 he did not answer my question about the restaurant he just quickly told me about the room service. Thirdly, I booked a room for two they only have one set of towels in the room and it looks very dirty when I asked for extra towels I have to wait 30 mimutes for the towels to come. Lastly, they have termites I can’t sleep the whole night because I need to scratch both my arms. There were bed bugs!!!!!

• Superior Room

I asked for a non smoking rooms and they gave me a smoking room which has a smell of ciggrate, also the air conditioning in the room was not cooling much :(

Location is good

• Standard Superior Room

The rooms were dirty especially the carpets bedding sheets lookec yellow through wear and tear ....overall not a great place too much construction going around the place plenty of early morning banging..

The breakfast was fair .. the security guys were more friendly then the rest of the staff only lady on the counter dont know her name slim indian lady she was good

• Superior Room

Old, tired. Smoke smell and sigarette burn stains on furniture and carpets. Floors and bathroom dirty. few cockroaches to top it all up.

Location and size of the room (it was huge)

• Superior Room

1st room which gave to us was dusty. When we asked the transfer then we find next room quite satisfied and comfortable. Swimming pool quite small. Can hear people talking in the next connecting door.

Nice. Just walking distance to mia park and souk. Really BIG space ..

• Superior Room

Hotel room stank of smoke really out of date. The pool its self was really small. The noisy construction out side of the hotel would wake you up at 7am everyday. Not enough characters to say it all on here. This is not a 5* hotel more like a 1*

Nothing about this hotel I liked.

• Superior Room

It was so filthy. The upholstery curtains and windows you couldnt see out of I asked to change rooms 3 times But all were dirty I had paid before seeing the room Couldn't change hotel. Smelly and dirty corridors.

Nothing much Booking.com should be ashamed to promote this hotel on their site The only good thing was the driver they supplied to take me to the airport he was on time

• Superior Room

RoomService house keeping such a poor mangment only 1 towel in bathroom no sleeper house keeping made me wait for 45 mins just to bring sleepers?? This is your poor service

Why there is hidden deposit service which is not mentioned in booming .com

• Superior Room

The WiFi connection was really bad.most of the time we have disconnected internet service. Tried to put some canned drinks on the fridge but it never got cold

room size .it was a really big room

• Superior Room

Nothing bad was there at all

The rooms were very beautiful and very big i really loved it. While check in I requested room at higher room there wasn’t available. Later on Ms Sandhya the lady at the reception desk was very helpful and friendly.

• Superior Room

The rooms were slightly dirty in that the rug was not fully vacuumed when we arrived and was not done at all during our 5 day stay. The bathroom had a slightly bad smell, which we told the cleaners about, but it never fully went away. The bed was slightly uncomfortable, as we both had back pain from the mattress. Since there was construction going on near the hotel, sometimes it was loud (but there was no street noise or hall noise or noise from other rooms, so the noise was not the hotel's fault). The mini fridge in the hotel was never cool enough, as the air conditioned room seemed cooler than the refrigerator.

The rooms were very spacious and quiet (didn't hear noise from other rooms). The room looked so nicely decorated! The bathroom was also spacious and far enough from the bedroom so there was privacy when using the toilet. There was plenty of closet space and drawers. The Filipino bellhop was so helpful and sweet. The desk staff are efficient. Free self parking is great. The outdoor pool is nice. The TV was good. The WiFi connection was good. We will stay here again.

• Superior Room

The Internet service is frequently interrupted. Compared to another services it needs improvement as it lacks efficiency. Everything else was fine .

Room is large and cost is affordable. Cleaning service and staff are excellent. I think I will be regular customer if the same rate of price is applied. I expect another trip within 5 months and will make booking in the same hotel.

• Superior Room

Lighting - extremely poor. Internet was not working and despite me asking several times - noone came to fix it. Housekeeping came to clean the room only at 20:30 hrs after I have been out the whole day. The carpe5t is extremely worn out and gives the impression of very dirty. The exchange rates board shows the previous day date. And when I asked why - they were all surprised; noone has seen that. Shampoo was half empty and mouth wash - not sealed.

Only the location and the size of the room

• Superior Room

One Indian lady in reception was extremely rude she hang the phone in my face twice she don’t have attitude at all to talk to the client

View nice room one reception staff his name Ali was so friendly

• Superior Room

Food at the resaurant specially the buffet was repetative almost every day

The staff who took care of cleaning the room were very good and the supervisor Ms.khatira was professional

• Superior Room

The room wasn't the one i requested for. Besides i couldn't sleep until 2 am because of the noise that coming out from one the bars. My room was so close to the bar

• Superior Room

cigarettes burns all over the sofas and coffee table. ac not cooling properly. rooms not sound proof. windows very dirty from outside couldn't enjoy any view. curtins not light proof.

comfy bed. big room. friendly staff. upgraded for free. got baby cot for free.

• Superior Room

There were several faults in the room, although these were quickly fixed when we mentioned them to reception. The pistachio shells littering the corridor outside the room were not cleaned until we mentioned them after a couple of days. We were glad breakfast was not included so we could switch to a cafe in the souq. The hotel buffet was stale and expensive.

We were upgraded to a large room - we could have held a disco there. The location was convenient for walking to the central attractions, and the bus station was only half a kilometre away. It was also only a 15 minute ride from/to the airport by hotel car. The wifi in the room was fast and reliable.

• Superior Room

Wi-fi didn’t work that well.

Very good location (close to Souq Waqif), decent price. Nice big rooms. Breakfast was good. The cafe downstairs was good, too. People at the hotel were nice. I had a very nice stay there. I recommend this place.

• Superior Room

Every night guys from the bars have fight and security just standing doing nothing and too much loud voices I requested rom 704 after booked The told me sorry is not available

• Standard Superior Room

The room is a bit dark. And you can see that the furniture are a bit old. Also, there are only few choices of food for breakfast.

The staffs clean the room everyday.

• Superior Room

Stayed only one day because of flight transfer. Hotel staff is really excellent and helpful. They helped us to book a excellent English speaking driver for the day to go sightseeing and a camel ride (in Meesaid Sealine beach) Big clean room and so soft bed. Highly recommend ! :)

• Superior Room

I found a condom under the sofa cushion. I told it to the guy in the reception who is checking me out and all he said is okay. Did not even apologize and that make things more worse!

The room is big.

• Superior Room

The room was too cold, but the temperature regulator didn't seem to work. I ended up turning the aircon off instead (it was winter).

Comfortable rooms, a bit too big for my taste.

• Superior Room

The location of the hotel is excellent. The corniche is nearby, raffles cafe downstairs etc. The room was very big and cosy and could have been cleaner but overall no complaints.

• Superior Room

The wifi soo poor and always disconnected every 10 minutes. The fridge is not working I already informed them but they didn’t fixed or changed. The A/C so hot thanks God is winter days. I booked a smoking room they put me in non smoking room I complained about it they said sorry is full and other drama. Last day I went out 12 pm put the tag sing make up room and I already informed front desk to make up room, When I back at 5 pm they didn’t cleaned.

• Superior Room

The A/c not working well and so hot thanks God is winter time. I already complain about it. I booked smoking room. when I checked in they told me full booking so they put me in non smoking room. The fridge is not working I already complain about it but they didn’t fixed. I left my room at 11:30 am I put the tag to clean up my room and I informed front desk to make up room, when I back at 5 pm no one cleaned. Wifi so poor very low speed and disconnected every 10 to 15 minutes. I checked in my room me and my partner but when I visited the bars they let my partner pay a membership for each bars. When I asked why and explain to them he’s staying with me and already checked in same room I stayed they said no and other drama. I remember when I checked in last time was no issues. now makes other own rules just earn money.

• Superior Room

Carpet, sofas and tables are all stained and I am not referring to small removable neglected happened today stains, these have been there for years maybe. Daily cleaning is not to the standard which unfortunately leaves you too with little desire to organize and take care of the space yourself.

Spacious room.

• Superior Room

My room at 11 fl. Its so scary in the hall way ( kinda dark, carpet looks blah....) Our bed sheet was broken, Old building sorry to say 🙁

I just like the location. Room was big though

• Superior Room

There were some problems regarding wifi which was getting disconnected often. There was a DJ in one of the bars/clubs of the hotel and you could hear the music and feel the beat during the night. The pool area was not really in use (the water was cold and the pool chairs didn't seem clean and safe).

The location is excellent, just 5-10 minutes walking to the Corniche (Museum of Islamic Arts) and Souq Waqif. The room was very spacious and clean. The furniture is a bit older than it looks on the internet, but it didn't bother us. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and I would say it is the best feature of the hotel.

• Superior Room

The map they gave at reception was faded and unclear. They need a little more information on the local area.

Big room, comfortable and generous late check-out.

• Superior Room

Pub on 1st floor is nice and cheap but also very loud playing till 2:00 every day, be sure to request room as far from it as possible if you want to sleep, i could hear it even on 7th floor on other side of building. Furniture is a bit worn off but still ok for the price

Very big rooms the best choice considering price, souq waqif very close, also many places to eat and cheap shops

• Superior Room

Horrible service. Got food poisoning and had a horrible check-in and check- out experience. As we were in a long layover in Doha with Qatar Airways, we arrived very early in the day, around 7am. I had requested from booking.com an early check-in, had no reply from the hotel. During check-in we were told we would have to pay extra because the earliest they could check us in was noon even though they had free rooms. We explained that we were leaving early to the airport because our flight was at 2am and we weren't even going to stay overnight. They said they would allow us to check-in at 7AM as long as we checked out by 8PM. So not even 14hr stay, but had to pay a full night stay. At 750PM we were getting calls from the front desk as if we were staying past. It felt as if we were being kicked out of the hotel and once again, they had plenty of empty rooms, the hotel was not full. I questioned the manager and he said that the accounting department doesn't allow my check-in conditions and that's why they had to kick us out. Our room didn't have two towels, and the one that was there was WET! We asked for a change, the towels arrived dry but one of them was clearly dirty, it wasn't washed properly.

Room was spacious.

• Superior Room

i like only cab driver knows the place thats it rest is not good not even food as well i will book another hotel next time. even cannot explain the issues big hotel dont have i phone charging cable i missed my official important calls just because of this cannot recammond friends totally not happy with services

• Superior Room

Lots of noise - even if on the 3rd floor - street noise from cars and also people within the hotel. Hotel is a bit dated and could improve with a facelift. DOHA is an expensive city, value for money is not there should be around 10usd less.

The room was big, the bed was also big and comfortable.

• Superior Room

Wifi speed sometimes poor. The security guard parking area always want tips and sometimes lying saying Parking is full if you just tip him he will find for you a Park so stupid way. Room service boys was rude asking for tips always and very delay when ordered anything. The Refrigerator is not cooling properly. A/C unit is not cooling very well.

Bar and disco Privacy

• Superior Room

The room decoration seems quite old style and the swimming pool could be better.

The room is huge, the hotel has a very good location, we took a taxi only to go to the airport and visit the pearl. Besides that the staff was always available.

• Superior Room

I called housekeeping many times and no one answer. When i tried to call again someone answered and i asked for a toothbrush it came after almost one hour. Parking is full and i need to find parking for myself.

• Superior Room

Room with city view was not really a city view; was blocked by a building. The sofa was a bit dusty, so it was kinda itchy. Tricky to find the gym, a signage could help.

My room was huge! Bathroom was big and clean. Bed was very comfortable and cozy. It's very near to the attractions (Souq Waqif and Corniche are 10mins walk). Gym is great and lots of equipment (can be quite tricky to find)

• Superior Room

Strong cleaning liguid smell. Reception gave our room for someone else. We made booking and even called there and told our arrival time but they still didn’t understand that we arrive early in the morningand would like to sleep some hours before our next flight.

Very spacious room. Very nice big window area with sofas. Big comfortable bathroom.

Rooms are big

This hotel I stayed several times but this hotel never gives any thing special. Also request made will never be granted even hotel is not spending extra. Like extra towels or tissue in room . Etc

• Superior Room

The AC was absolutely terrible. I couldnt sleep through the night it was that bad. We called the room service and they sent a Maintenince guy he fixed it and all but the problem returned in 10 seconds we chnaged multiple rooms and still the ac was bad. So i think the AC is bad in the rooms because in the haul it was good The service was rude

It was very spacious very clean and the couches where good tv was big but it really depends on the room that you reserved. So its a gamble

• Superior Room

the room is totally different from the website photos. the room is spacious but not to the cleanliness expectations. coffee cup still have lipstick stain and teaspoon not washed ( coffee marks visible)

• Superior Room

The room was smelling of smoke. All the beddings of the room was smelly. when we arrived there was no towel, no slipper, no bathe robe. We left the hotel early morning at 3:30 am with a bad impact.

The location and the set up of the room was nice.

• Superior Room

Approach of security staffs ... very rude and unprofessional front desk also not very pleasing .. parking also was not sufficient waited for long to get a street parking,

Cleanliness, Comfort and Value for money

• Superior Room

Room service is late in delivering the order specially night

The place is peaceful near for everything and taxi availablity is very easy generally well comfortable

• Standard Superior Room

The room stuff was old. You can improve your breakfast capability. The wifi connection speed can be increased. The air conditioning was working so loudly.

The room was so big.

• Superior Room

It was an amazing view outside but the glass was not clean, the wash base was blocked so water was not going properly

The room was big enough, worth of money and comfortable

Bath

Size of room and layout great. Comfort of bed excellent! Pool lovely. Breakfast. only meal there was okay.shower great but bath not totally spotless r maybe just old. No mini bar but gave me smoking room which was great fir my 13 hr stopover. Tip - cab from airport I got was 70 r but one from hotel back to airport only 50r. Staff nice and helpful and came to wake me on time.

• Superior Room

Excellent, Rate is reasonable, Safety and accessible in the heart of the city. Very quite room, no hidden charges.. free to use all there amenities. fast service.

• Superior Room

Couldn't book taxis through the hotel and the TV was too small to really use given the size of the room and distance.

Huge rooms and superb location

TV Channels are a very big negative point Incomplete amenities

Well, for sure the rooms are spacious and clean, but i am always wondering why my remarks I put when I book never considered, also when you ask for something you get totally different thing, for example you ask for a towel and toothbrush you get shampoo, you ask for hair conditioner you get mouth wash haha. But overall the place is great

• Superior Room

the only thing you can get from this hotes is spacious rooms and comfortable bed. very noisy A/C, dirty and old furniture, unadjustable shower temperature, bad breakfast, no drinks in minibar , unlimited number of towels etc. etc

only size of the room is very good

• Superior Room

The room is huge, it’s a waste of space. Lighting is deemed makes the room a bit spooky. They should put carpet at the floor instead of wood. The Hotel Lobby Entrace is a bit difficult for taxi to find.

Nice staff and reasonable price

• Superior Room

This hotel needs to be renovated and although we have stayed here for many years, the facilities are rather outdated.

Location is great, the rooms are very large and the room rates are fair.

• Superior Room

The smell coming from the toilet.

Very close to the souq,museum,corniche. Very convenient. No complaints about the simple things we take for granted. I'd stay again

• Premier Double or Twin Room

Since we have arrived at the property there were a lot of things were missing. No bathrobes, but no towels, no tooth brushing kits. Hotel staffs should be proactive.

Only the thing I like is the after 8 club which is located on PH floor. all the staffs there were very cordial.

• Standard Superior Room

Very helpful and welcoming staff, We booked 2 rooms and got very spacious rooms equipped with 2 sofas in each room, The beds are very comfortable and quite. The breakfast was more quality than we expected. Excellent choice and we will go again God willing. Special thanks to Mr.Murad the luggage attendant for helping us check in & out with very professional manner

• Standard Superior Room

I recommend Hotel Admin to provide indoor play area for children ,it will make positive change

• Superior Room

I always stay here and there is always a lot of things missing in the room like towels (which should be there), slippers, toothbrush, ashtray (smoking room).

convenience

• Superior Room

Could hear the music from the night club until it closed early in the morning :( Awful smell in the washroom Mold surrounding the air con Dirty elevator and hallway

Close to the Souk Waqif - 10 minute walking distance Front desk staff were friendly

Incomplete amenities

Nice location, the bed is very comfortable, Big and clean room, Mohamed at the reception is very helpful and ready to support at anytime.

• Standard Superior Room

None at all not happy when me and my husband we check in there . The staff in the reception so arrogant . He know how to respect all the guest . It reflects the hotel the attitude of all the staff .

• Superior Room

I hate that filipina receptionist in swissbell even im from philippines also u need to evict here cause shes arrogant...she dont know how to appreciate people i bring lots of customer to ur hotel but because of that filipina i will not let them to book at ur hotel again ..maybe almost 20 person i recommend ur hotel

• Superior Room

The only thing I didn't like is that any hotel charging this much or of the caliber of Swiss bel offers free breakfast as well as offers fruit in the room or any other add on to attract the customers which wasn't to be seen. If only that could be worked upon they will have a much greater customer attraction.

I loved the man at the concierge named Ching. He not only helped in getting us excursions but also showed care and love like someone we knew from ages. He was the best. also the reception staff who would entertain any request I would forward. Also, I was also thankful to the hotel management who upgraded my room considering it was my honeymoon trip.

• Superior Room

The water for bathing was not as hot as I would like.

The staff was very gracious. The security personnel parked my car and retrieved it in a very timely and gracious manner. It was a matter of minutes to the Corniche and not far from City Center, Katara Beach, and Souq Waqif.

• Superior Room

The outdoor pool... it's far to my expectation...I expected same in the photo featuring in the booking online, its featured very nice and clean but it's not what I see....hope you improve and maintain the cleanliness of the pool...

I like the size of the room... it's a huge space for 2 people..... and I like also the junction bar you can go inside for free it's good to know you can have a night party....

Browse Swiss-Belhotel Doha -Qatar traveller photo gallery