Reviews of W Doha 5 stars

West Bay, West Bay, Doha, Qatar

#13 of 117 hotels in Doha

Exceptional front desk and a true 5 star hotel. The suites are particularly impressive.
    • Cool Corner Suite With Executive Lounge access

The front desk staff were particularly professional and charming. The manager of the Market restaurant was also very professional and the food was excellent. I do not say these things very often.

• Spectacular Double Room

CRYSTAL night club .too loud ear bleeding sound ...music not up to par with other nightclubs...Staff excellent good mix of clubbers.

Staff very sweet and efficient.

The place to be!!!
    • Spectacular Double Room

apparently everything was just perfect.

Its the place to be, I loved every single bit of my stay especially the night duty manager that night whom warmly welcomed me. I would defiantly come back to explore this superior hotel in depth.

Superb
    • Wonderful Two Bedroom Apartment

No minibar- we were only there for one night and they forgot to stock it as normally they rent apartments for long stay. But, they were v apologetic and gave us complimentary smoothies.

The staff. The manager of Spice Market was so helpful and accommodating as was our waitress, Bernadine. Front desk efficient and remembered our names with ease.

excellent
    • Spectacular Double Room

nothing really, all was great

I am a frequent traveler, and use booking.com for my travels since many years. I usually never write any feedbacks regarding the hotels I was in, and this is my first ever feedback. But this time I was unable not to write anything, because this Hotel was really something extraordinary. The staff, the cleanliness, the rooms, and the management make you feel like a king. One of the best Hotels I was in.

Huge, comfortable rooms and excellent value for money
    • Spectacular Double Room

The property is new and quite trendy, with excellent restaurants, good spa and a decent location. The rate we paid was surprisingly cheap for rooms this massive. The toilet was also nice and big, and I have never seen free face wash in a hotel before, along with the mini soap, shampoo, etc!

Will not reconsider staying until they improve on customer service as a proper 5 star, W should be
    • Spectacular Double Room

Security at the entrance are very rude, not all guests are expected to go through the scan or place things to scan it depends on how they look. For a 5 star hotel one would expect luggage assistance is offered though the manager sees you and the staff by the door no one bothered to offer a disappointment for a W hotel. Insider always sends message but never action or meet the guest why bother sending message.

Turndown Housekeeping were very friendly and smiley, all others never greets even when the mini bar staff in the corridor ignores you 🙄 the several manager at the lobby just stands and talk not vigilant to guest at the lobby inquiring for assistance until we guest approach them. Went to the W Cafe not greeted again when there were 3 staff and 1 guest on the seat, they appeared busy cleaning at the back 🙄

ok
    • Spectacular Double Room

the staff are not friendly looks dull at check in, concierge r not helpful and bell boys are like body guard not hospitable no one greeted throughout the stay except the limousine pick up n drop off guy. the girl at check out was awkward when inquiring on my stay was not genuine. pre-sent questions prior to arrival were not utilized.

facilities n location n amenities

Nice
    • Spectacular Double Room

I really disliked how the club can be heard from the 7th floor , I hated even more the kind of people that were going to the club. It bought the image of the W down so much and made it very cheap. However everything else was good!

The room was lovely , everything we requested was delivered. The staff are very lovely and understanding

Friendly West Bay option with great restos on site
    • Spectacular Double Room

Wi-fi not up to the levels you’d expect, either in terms of performance or user-friendliness. Following an after midnight arrival, it took more than an hour and repeated calls for the pre-ordered baby crib to be delivered, which late at night at the end of a full day’s travelling is a bit boring.

Super friendly personnel and excellent restaurants on property.

Spice Market is the bestplace to have sushi dinner at in...

Traffic

Spice Market is the bestplace to have sushi dinner at in Doha , staff are friendly & polite , private dining is perfect , definitely i will be back

Because Of The club You Could hear loud music till 3am .
    • Spectacular Double Room

Because Of The club You Could hear loud music till 3am ... While my room was on the 7th Floor not ideal When You have an early busisness meeting next morning .. Smells cigarettes everywhere In that hotel

Wow Service and Pleasant rooms
    • Cool Corner Suite with Sea View & Executive Lounge access

The loud music can be heard if you stayed in a floor close to the night club

I like the hotel for having many options in terms of accommodation, cuisines and amenities. The bliss spa is amazing but booking ahead is a must. The service is excellent and staff are prompt to respond to any of your concerns. I tried

Location & atmospfair
    • Spectacular Double Room

I didnt like that you draw the money from the first day of booking , better if you let the hotel draw the money the last day of checking out to avoid paying deposite!

Location & atmospfair

Extremely pleasent with a friendly eager to please staff
    • Spectacular Double Room

The somking rooms could use an air purifying unit since the property didnt have windows for fresh air

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful I specially liked the whatsapp whatever whenever program it gives you the feeling of having a conceirge service which was very helpful

if you keep deposit cash on check in you cant use this money...
    • Spectacular Double Room

if you keep deposit cash on check in you cant use this money in the restaurant or swimming pool must use visa or master card :( or bay cash direct to .

staff at the reception fabuolous
    • Wonderful Two Bedroom Apartment

bad smell in the corridor in the breakfast we ask many time to have our coffee , we have it just before we left I did nit like the waiter attitude

decore clean

Sofia was very helpful and solved problems in best way.
    • Spectacular Double Room

I left my room at 8 am and comeback at 5pm but room wasn't refreshed and cleaned.

Sofia was very helpful and solved problems in best way.Thanks for all personals hospitality .breakfast was perfect.

Nice hotel for a Doha staycation
    • Spectacular Double Room

The room is a bit full-on and the design/decor is too much. I have been a few times now to the Italian restaurant at the W and it is not very good.

Cupcakes!

A great option when stopping over or visiting, but plan ahead if you are in a hurry
    • Spectacular Double Room

There was a hair dryer in the room, but no place to plug it in--at least not in the bathroom. (The plug in the bathroom was for shavers only.) I had to wait several minutes to be assisted during check-out in the morning, as there was a customer checking in ahead of me. No other staff were available at that hour (06:00am) and I had to get to the airport to catch my flight. I really wish there had been someone there to assist me. My presence was barely acknowledged. I arrived on time for my flight, but I felt rushed because of the delay checking out. Also, I requested a "taxi" for the airport, and the bellmen directed me to what looked like a private car parked out front. (It was not labeled in any way, but it was obviously a private car service.) Since I was in a hurry I accepted the offer. The driver told me the ride was US$30. Having taken an actual taxicab from the airport the previous day, I know the ride should have cost significantly less. I didn't appreciate not being given the option and I don't like the lack of transparency about price.

It's a lovely property in the heart of the shiny new (and perpetually under construction) West Bay district of Doha. Especially ideal for Westerners. The rooms are spacious, beautiful, and modern with nearly every imaginable convenience. The hotel is a popular social scene at night, with locals and ex-pats descending upon the bars, clubs, and restaurants in large numbers. Generally a very festive and sophisticated atmosphere. The fitness center and other amenities (Bliss spa, two restaurants, a nightclub, chocolate shop, and cafe, for example) are all very nice and well above average. Very good value for the price.

Value you for money
    • Spectacular Double Room

Spice market restaurant service within the hotel was poor as they were serving other guest who arrived after us , service was super slow

Bed was very comfortable

W hotel was exelant but booking.com let me down
    • Spectacular Double Room

The requests which I asked for on the booking.com page where not passed onto the hotel , it was my wife and child's birthday and I had asked for balloons in the room which never happened also I asked for a cot on your page which was never passed onto the hotel I had so ask once o got to my room and found no cot there

The hotel staff where friendly and wasa good atmosphere

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Top level, very modern hotel in West Bay Doha
    • Spectacular Double Room

Hotel is quite busy with outside restaurant and bar patrons, and can be a bit noisy (my room was above a bar that was rather busy on a Friday night). Pool is in bar area, so evening swimming can feel slightly exhibitionistic.

Very modern, designer-y place (but that is what I was looking for), very friendly personnel, top-level facilities and services (turn-down service includes your ice bucket being filled!). Breakfast is nice, gym is great.

Best Treatment Ever
    • Spectacular Double Room

I love everything in this hotel, Staff at reception area are out of this world, friendly and very welcoming . It is very clean & stylish hotel. I am a frequent flyer, I have never had a treatment the way I had it in this trip before. I chose Doha to celebrate my birthday, staff there did all possible to please me, and really it was one of the unforgetable experience. love you people in W hotels , you made me feel like I am home and even much more. they upgraded me to " COOL SUITE " and it is really a very cool spectacular suit. I really recommend this hotel to anyone looking for the best service and best luxury ever. Big Thank you and wish you all the best " W hotel " and hope to come back soon.

Bad stay at the W Doha
    • Spectacular Double Room

The alcohol was not removed as per my request, the room temperature was too warm in the heat of Doha. The water did not run in the bathroom on the second day and I had to call to get the water running again.

The only thing I liked was the restaurants at the hotel

never com back
    • Spectacular Double Room

the deal of staff and the careless . small lounge. swimming pool I wish if they close it . room décor is old fashion. price is very high it barely deserve 300 Q.R per night.

only the breakfast in room . the breakfast in restaurant is bad.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

i will not come back anymore to this hotel
    • Spectacular Double Room

The bad smell of the bedroom The dirty bedroom The bedbugs ... the breakfast was poor for a 5 star hotel the bedroom and the entire hotel was very dark not comfortable at all not a 5 star hotel

Comfort and happily stay
    • Spectacular Double Room

I wish that if resturant had a nice view, or at least had a windows so the mornings will be more pretty

Taking care about the small details in the room..

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Style, luxury yet with the comfort of home
    • Spectacular Double Room

I keep and will keep going back to The W - but this time my room was close to a staff room - so the regular sound of the door banging was not convenient other than that fantastic as always.

The staff are so accomodating and just excellent - from doormen and all the way up! The room was excellent - and each on unique and the location is great too. The W Doha is just fantastic - and the club in the hotel is so much fun!

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Nice hotel, bad staff, worse management.
    • Spectacular Double Room

The receptions staff, there is no any professionalism. Thy didn't value that it was our honeymoon, not even the fact that it is valentine day. They even didn't welcoming us properly. The lobby is really small, not reflecting the fact that it is 5 star hotel,and at night when the night club is open, it will get really crowded. The valet car parking, at night the whole parking yard will be block by the fact that people is exiting the club or entrying. So keep in your mind that u need to either come back to the hotel early, or buying some snacks and fully charge your cellphone to stay an hour or so for the park to be free.

The breakfast, the decoration, and the modern style.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Great hotel but not for Arabian Muslims families
    • Spectacular Double Room

Noise of the night club and crowd .. and also the fact that hotel didn't allow us to have direct access to the parking lot that will keep us and our kids from accessing the hotel from entrance and see the drunk people and being checked every time we enter the hotel

Location and cleanliness

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Spectacular Double Room

The bed wasnt comfortable at all i feel im swining in the queen bed. Also the bath door was unconveinient at all its like a shutter even u close it there is still airgap so u wont feel comfotable while you are in. Specially if you were with friends

The location the room style. The amenities

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Great standards, food a bit pricey.
    • Spectacular Double Room

We wished breakfast wasn't so expensive. Our housekeepers were slow - had to call them the 2nd day when it still wasn't done at 3pm. 1st day it wasn't done at all but I think it was a misunderstanding - 1 of my kids left the "do not disturb" sign on.

The room was big & comfortable. Really enjoyed sushi night at the Spice Market - always great! Staff is lovely, always friendly & helpful. I had a miracle pedi at Bliss. The hotel is beautiful & still my favourite in Doha (we used to live here). I always recommend it to my friends. We got a really good deal for a 3 night stay :) Wham has been reno'd and it looks much brighter & modern. A very easy walk to city center for anything you need. A great hotel!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Doha is a place to go
    • Marvelous Double Room With Executive Lounge access

The Marina is still being developed at The Pearl and we went by Taxi but no taxi's go there yet so if you do go make sure you arrange a pick up place and time. we ended up at the Medina getting a limmo, much more then a Taxi.

We liked a lot we visited a number of places, The islamic arts museum is a must went to a couple of the Malls, but best of all going to the tennis.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Nice stay
    • Spectacular Double Room

- The entrance of the valet parking (need to do a long turn over the block to enter - Pool is small - No outdoor Restaurent

- Design - Service - Food - Good location

Incredible place!
    • Spectacular Double Room

Absolutely everything was special!

I would like to thank all the staff for the amazing time I had in their company, from the reception desk when I arrived to the same reception desk when I left - and most especially to the very warm, nice and super professional team at the Market where I had 2 awesome dinners during my stay. See you all soon! Jose

Loved it all!

Loved it! It's stylish, sexy, comfy, clean, staff were fabulous, it very much made my stay great! Didn't have high expectations from Qatar but the W wow'd me! Location was great, and really a comfortable stay. The facilities were great...loved my massage and hairdresser, the staff were so helpful and accomodating and also the on site entertainment from what i saw was best in town!

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help...
    • Spectacular Double Room

The spa was a little over priced and although I didn't use it the pool looked very small.

Staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help you. The spa was very good. Hotel had an amazing atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Welcoming and the room.
    • Spectacular Double Room

No hot water in the shower and this is not good for a hotel with this value. Hotel entrance check is confusing. Location is not clear to reach throw google maps. .

Welcoming and the room. The Restaurants and 2nd floor lounge is a must to visit. Overall i would defiantly check in again at the W. No major negatives. And this chain just make me happy i dont know why.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Amazing as it is dreamed
    • Spectacular Double Room

they took my bakhoor stand! I understand its against the safety rules but was not retuned to me on my checkout

Everything - Thank you to Adham, for the complimentary breakfast, for the escorting for everything there was nothing wrong with my experience this time and will defiantly stay again at W if I visit Qatar :)

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Fantastic Doha
    • Spectacular Double Room

There is nothing to dislike about this place.

Ideally located and the staff were amazing. Check in by Nadine she was amazing. Helped to my room by Joseph who was amazing. Enjoyed the service in the hotel and the large room. Lola and another young lady from the Crystal were also exceptional. Nothing but greatness. Thank you W.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

There are cheaper hotels next door!
    • Spectacular Double Room

Very expensive Don't think to eat or drink in this hotel it will cost you a lot compared to the other hotels!

The room was very clean Staff were nice

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Best in Doha
    • Spectacular Double Room

The only negative thing was the room a bit noisy during the night due Crystal Night Club but as soon I said it they found a solution that made me really happy.

Since you enter inside the Hotel you feel extremely welcome. All the people are really helpful and kind. The interior design is very interesting and different from other hotels. Breakfast was amazing and all the facilities great.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Enjoyable Stay at W Doha
    • Spectacular Double Room

Difficult to communicate with the staff regarding food orders in restaurants and room service but otherwise great.

Lovely clean hotel with very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Best atmosphere in Doha
    • Spectacular Double Room

The pool doesn't get much sun because of the surrounding skyscrapers. If you're looking for sunbathing, this isn't the right hotel in Doha.

Impeccable facilities and staff, good restaurants and bars, great design.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Ok
    • Spectacular Double Room

Guests who are staying in the hotel are not allowed to enter the Disco. A single person. Who is a non resident of the country doesn't have a companion he should be allowed to enter Stag.

Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Fabulous Boutique Hotel close to City Centre Mall
    • Spectacular Double Room

Fabulous room, with huge luxurious bathroom, and comfortable bed and pillows. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, greeting us with a smile and offer of a fruit juice while we waited to be checked in. Wonderful fitness facilities and beautiful swimming pool. One block away from City Centre Mall for restaurants and shops galore. We highly recommend the Friday brunch at Spice Market Restaurant which is in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Amazing hotel

No thing at all

Every thing was great the staff were so helpful very good services and amazing rooms. What I really like is the twin room is a room with two queen beds and the beds were very comfortable and big.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Location, food, staff,
    • Spectacular Double Room

The behavior of Crystal Club entry staff were rude specially to GCC. Had a horrible night from girls partying next to our room. No action from W doha hotel and SPG LOYALTY PROGRAM. Next day they satisfy me with single coffee

Best restaurant

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

A hotel with a double standard!
    • Spectacular Double Room

I honestly did not like appreciate and like the bouncer at the entrance at the Crystal lounge. These people shall be able to differentiate between how to behave with an in house guest paying thousands of riyals in a room for his stay and a guest of outside. In any 5 stars hotel in the worl a guest is guest an in any circumstance a Bouncer shall trespass the line of respect and of politeness. It is completely unacceptable to see an outside guest coming to the lounge in a Tshirt and not complying with the dress code of the place and the bouncer let him in because they're bodies!?!? And when a guest comes with a Polo shirt comes and he is declined entrance by the same bouncer because of the polo shirt and tell you if your a guest go change and come back!? What kind of double standard and disrespect is that for a five stars hotel?..

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Great staff, great staff.

Crystal toooo smokey!

Can't fault the staff from the reception to the outlets everyone paid attention to the details. Top notch service but at the same time very relaxed. Difficult to stay anywhere else when in Doha.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Great hotel, I will be back soon.
    • Spectacular Double Room

The valet service takes time as there are always too many guests.

Spacious rooms, comfortable beds, fast free wifi, great restaurants and lounges. Overall it is a great hotel and definitely will be back soon.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Spectacular Double Room

I didn't like the way they are receiving the people and the way they explains there rules , same time they take about the money to much and you feel that you have to carry the money all the time with you inside the hotel , because they don't trust there customer and they show it to you clearly and this experience i never had it on others hotels that i went to alot's of time And this thing make you feel uncomfortable but other things it's fine

The massage it's nice

• Reviewed: 13 September 2016

Nice restaurant and cafe, i like speed of the service, well...
    • Spectacular Double Room

No water sources for toilet. I hate this only

Nice restaurant and cafe, i like speed of the service, well organized even though it is busy time because of EID

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

the Lobby,atmosphere supernatural beauty
    • Cool Corner Suite with Sea View & Executive Lounge access

the Lobby,atmosphere supernatural beauty restaurants,lighting coordinate,the quality the service Extraordinary, and the best person i meet there is Ahmed Ghazi in the reservation department

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Excellent hotel - pity about the pool.
    • Spectacular Double Room

Disappointed that outside area of bar and, more especially, hotel pool were still being renovated as neither was flagged up on booking.com.at time of reservation A car to the Sheraton and use of their pool and beach facilities was available, so I appreciate that the hotel was trying to help, but this was not what I had expected upon booking and didn't wish to do this 'transfer'.

Lovely room, comfortable bed, smart bathroom. Staff were extremely helpful .

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

W need to improve the quality
    • Spectacular Double Room

The breakfast is really bad.It is not five star hotel nrealfast they did not meet the minimum of standard..they need to improve the quality of the food and staff

Perfect and amazing
    • Spectacular Double Room

it was a great stay and would definitely come back again

Amazing staff, amazing food, amazing service time, and the...

Nothing I didn’t like.

Amazing staff, amazing food, amazing service time, and the room looks better than the pictures

Slow valet
    • Cool Corner Suite With Executive Lounge access

Food Location Staff service

Slow valet

Good stay
    • Spectacular Double Room

The ambiance of the room

It's location

Decently good

IT department was slow. Issues with WiFi

Wahm is the best place about the place !

Incredible staff, incredible rooms, incredible decor.
    • Warm One Bedroom Apartment

There was nothing not to like here

Incredible staff, incredible rooms, incredible decor....just an amazing place

Best hotel service and staff in qatar
    • W Suite With Executive Lounge access

Everything good, nothings bad

Best hotel service and staff in qatar

I will write only one word, AMAZING,
    • Spectacular Double Room

Its really really great, everything is wonderful, room, service ,i like it too much.

Amazing
    • W Suite With Executive Lounge access

Cleanness and the staff was amazing
    • Spectacular Double Room

I was at the 15th floor and I heard a bit noise at night but it wasn’t the big deal!

Cleanness and the staff was amazing

Will do again definitely
    • Spectacular Double Room

They were so nice and upgraded us to wow suit it was amazing.

Pleasant
    • Spectacular Double Room

Was unable to work the TV. Missed worldly matters throughout my stay!

Loved the breakfast and location.

Great location, easy access to all places in the City!
    • Spectacular Double Room

Great location, easy access to all places in the City!

They where kind giving me an upgrade
    • Warm One Bedroom Apartment

I was on the 11 floor i could hear the sound coming from the night club on the. 2 floor

They where kind giving me an upgrade

Too Loud music at night

Location Restaurant Staff

Great time spent at the property.
    • Spectacular Double Room

Hassle at the drop off lane on the weekend. Need to improve vehicle movement during the weekend.

The deputy Manager from Romania was simply gorgeous

Excellent restaurants

Excellent restaurants Nice room Friendly staff

Perfect
    • Spectacular Double Room

spice market, the very kind staff and talents

Browse W Doha traveller photo gallery